Ring 19

Ring


 

'Hmmpphh... ' I giggled listened to Donghae mumbling when I opened up the curtain for him, letting the sunray went inside the room. 'Shut it, Kyu. I got no class today.' He said and pulled his blanket higher, covering his face. 

 

'But you promised to accompany me meet Hyukjae today.' I said pouting although I perfectly know Donghae won't see it. 'I even gave up my room for you and slept on the couch.' I added.

 

'I did not ask you to sleep on the couch though. What wrong with sleeping together? Not that we are not use to it.' I heard Donghae said below the blanket and hissed to him.

 

'I will be Hyukkie's boyfriend soon. I couldn't simply sleep with guy. What he will think of me?' I said and although I couldn't see it, I know Donghae was rolling his eyes to me, judging for the tone he used for his next sentences.

 

'Whatever. Its not like Hyukjae was your first one. Should I list out the name of men and women you have slept with and showed it to Hyukjae?' I chuckled listening to his threat.

 

'Maybe you have to put inside your name and Hyukjae's name on the list too.' I said and a pillow flew to my face. I laughed and \keep bugging Donghae to quickly wake up and presented himself since we are planning of meeting Hyukjae and clear out all misunderstanding plus confess my feeling to him. Donghae rolled his eyes, netherless still wake and walk to shower.

 

'Let get ice cream first.' I said, pulling Donghae away once we're neared to Hyukjae usual place. I decided to not tell Hyukjae for meet, despite Donghae rolling eyes and said we will wasted time if Hyukjae wasn't there. I stubbornly forced him to stick with my plan, and Donghae being Donghae, agreed with it reluctantly.

 

'Stop being coward.' Donghae snickered, pulling my hand and body to the park Hyukjae always read at. 'We are nearer.' Donghae said and smiled brightly when he saw Hyukjae, sitting at one of the bench and waiting for someone. 'You lover is here, lover boy.' Donghae teased me and I couldn't help to slightly blush at what he just said. I hide behind Donghae and pushed him forward, wanting him to call out Hyukjae's name. 

 

Donghae frowned when I pushed him. He hissed at me, then raising his right hand to wave at Hyukjae. I timidly hide my tall figure behind Donghae's small one. 'Hyu-' Donghae was about to call Hyukjae when suddenly he paused. 

 

'What's wrong?' I asked, noticing Donghae's froze and went over his shoulder to see what had make him froze. 

 

'Don't look!' Donghae warned but it was too late.

 

I felt blood rushed to my face. I felt tears started building up on my eyes. I felt my legs shaking, and my head spinning. If not because Donghae was supporting my body, I would be completely fall down to earth. My eyes couldn't believe what I see. My brain couldn't working to process what happening. And my heart... was shattered to pieces.

 

Hyukjae was kissing Siwon. He was the one initiate the kiss. Even Siwon was shocked to it.

 

'Kyu... Kyuhyun!' Donghae called and turned my body to him, completely blacking out my sight from what happening to both of them. 'Kyu... my God!' Donghae said and pulled me away from there. And my legs walked without my brain even able to sent the command.

 

'Kyuhyun! Kyuhyun!' Donghae called me, slightly slapping my face, but still I didn't respond to it. Because what on my eyes now wasn't Donghae, but the scene where Hyukjae was kissing Siwon. He's kissing Siwon. 'Kyuhyun.. stop crying.' I barely heard Donghae said, but I could felt his thumbs wiping tears from my face.

 

'Its hurt, Hae.' I said and Donghae's face showed guilty. 'Its hurt like hell. Its so hurt.' I said and sobbed, clenching on my chest. Donghae quickly pulled me into his hug, letting me cried on his embrace. 'Its hurt that makes me want to die.' I said and Donghae said nothing, patiently caressing my back, soothing my cry.

 

***

 

'Mr. President. I need your sign on this.' I said to my daddy. Although I was his son, my daddy didn't allow me to called him 'daddy' at office, because he wanted me to learnt respecting someone higher than me. I just rolled my eyes on him, muttered 'wahtever' when he decided to let me get inside his corporation after year struggling with the short course. I just graduated three months ago, and after doing practical on my daddy own company for half of year, he finally let me to join. But he put me as marketing manager assistant, where I have to learnt from his secretary his marketing manager. 

 

'Hm... how your days working here, Kyuhyun?' The 'president' asked me while signing the documents I brought with me. 

 

'Okay.' I nodded when he asked if he need to signed at certain place too. 'Everyone is being nice to me and they teach me a lot. Except few of board members who didn't like me. But I don't give damn about it.' I said and closed the documents once 'Mr. President' done with it. 

 

'You cannot just not give a damn about thing when you're working, son. You have to be alert and able to disguise with one is a friend and which one is a enemy. You have to make allies with as many of people you can. Being my son didn't completely makes you sit on this chair comfortably. There are so many people is ready to back stabbing you.' He advice me and I just stood silent, listening to him because althought I hate to admit it, he was indeed correct. I know there were few board members who didn't like me joined this company, althought this companyy wss daddy's and soon I'll be the one who took over from him, not them.

 

'Will you join company annual dinner this year?' Daddy asked and passed the documents to me back. 'It will be your first time.' 

 

I just shrugged, not even decided on anything yet. Daddy had asked me about this since yesterday, and although he didn't say it loud, I know he was anticipating for me to join. He probably wanted to introduce me to his business friend. 'I will check if I have nothing to do first, then I'll join.'

 

'They will be  a lot of people at the party.' Daddy said, still not giving up in persuading me. 'If you not feeling comfortable, you can bring Donghae too.' He said and I looked at him for second confirmation. 'Donghae is also my son. People have no right to say anything.' He said. 'Then I can introduced you to my best friend's son. His name is ....' 

 

I didn't heard the rest of what daddy was talking about and concentrated checking if he had signed all desired documents or not. My forehead wrinkled when I saw his had mis-signed one of the paper.

 

'Maybe you can get know with Hyukj--..' Daddy stopped when I suddenly looked at him intensely. Did I heard it right? Was daddy mentioned Hyukjae? 'What?' Daddy asked when I didn't said anything. Maybe I was dreaming. There's no way daddy know Hyukjae. 

 

'You forgot to signed here.' I said and showed the place he had forgotten to signed. Daddy sighed and quickly signed the documents. 

 

'Are you coming? The party is next week. You have to confirm your attendance to HR.' Daddy said and I let out long sighs.

 

'Fine. I will come with Donghae.' I said and closed the documents, stepping outside. I could heard daddy was still talking about his best friend's son, which I totally ignored and uninterested. I leaned myself on the wall, rubbing my dizzy temple with my fingers and let out long sighs. It almost one year since I shutted everything off, concentrating on my study and now this job, but still Hyukjae's was everywhere on me.

 

'Are you going to accompany me to the dinner?' I asked Donghae who was revising his book as soon as I stepped inside my apartment. Donghae's head perked up from the book, and smiled at me.

 

'Welcome home.' He greeted me, wearing off his glasses.  I smiled back to him, putting my briefcase on the table and took out my notebook. 'Do you want to eat first?' Donghae asked and I shook my head. 

 

'I'm not hungry yet. I still got lot to do. I'll just have shower and continued my works after. Have you eaten?' I asked Donghae while wearing off my blue necktie.

 

Donghae nodded. 'I'm hungry and since you're late, I ate first. Are you sure you don't want to eat? I can reheat the foods for you.' I shook my head and walked to my room to take shower. Donghae took my silent as 'no' and continued revising his books.

 

'I have something to share with you.' Donghae said after he finished revising, while I still struggling finishing my paperwork. 'I got offer from Italy.' He said and my fingers stopped hitting the keyboard. I looked at him and said nothing, continued my work. 'Will you be fine?' He asked and I nodded.

 

'Why wouldn't I will be not okay?' I asked and my attention was still on my notebook screen. 'I will be fine. Just take the offer.' I said and Donghae let out long sighs. He put his hand on mine, completely stopping me from writing anymore.

 

'I could turn down the offer if you wanted me to.' Donghae said and my hand with him.

 

I smiled bitterly, I didn't know if Donghae knew it or not, but I told him that I will be just fine. 'You had take care of me long enough. This is the time you make your and Heechul's dream comes true. You work hard for Italy, Hae. You wake up in the middle of night jst to study for it. You deserve it. Don't worry about me.' I said and clenching his fist back. 'I couldn't give you support as you gave to me, so letting you go is the tiniest thing I could do for you to pay back all your kindness towards me.'   

 

'But I couldn't leave you alone in this state. Not when you're still arching for Hyu-' Before Donghae could completely said his name, I interrupted. 

 

'I will be fine. Don't worry. I'm a big boy now. Its not a big deal when you're not around me anymore. I will be fine.' I said and tried hard to convincing Donghae, or more to convincing myself. 'Daddy ask me to bring you along for dinner party next week. Will you come?' I asked, trying to change the topic. Donghae smiled and nodded. 'When you have to be at Italy?' I asked and Donghae started to share with me everything about his transferring to Italy. 

 

'Kyuhyun. Come here son.' I heard daddy called me and I reluctantly went to him. This party was too loud for my liking, but then all the staffs just tried to enjoyed themselves after tired working. 'Young Min, this is my brat.' Daddy introduced me to his best friend and I scoffed at him for the nicknames. 'He's my only son.' Daddy said and I bowed respectively to him.

 

The guy named Young Min nodded and spoke 'Your son seem reliable enough, unlike mine. Mine is so shy.' The guy named Young Min said and scanned the area around us. 'Ah, there he is. Look at him, timidly stand at the corner. Hyukjae, come here.' 

 

My head instantly turned to the person Uncle Young min was calling at. I couldn't help but to not blinked at the sight of Hyukjae. And Hyukjae too, was shocked when his eyes met mine. 

 

'Kyu...' I heard Hyukjae called me by my pet name, and my feeling inside mixed. Anger, pain, longing. All mix in one when I saw Hyukjae slowly approaching me. I took one step backward each time Hyukjae took one step nearer. 'Kyuhyun... Its me.' I could heard his silk voice called me, hands tried to reach me. 

 

'Donghae.' I called, while taking more steps backward. 'Donghae!' I called for Donghae desperately, not caring that people probably was watching me as I just bumped to a waiter who was carrying drinks for everyone. Most of the drink had fall on me, but I care less. 'Donghae!' I called once again and my body spoon instantly.

 

'I'm here. Let's go back.' Donghae said and pulled my hand with him, walking protectively to his car. Donghae make me sat inside and taking out tissue paper from inside of his dashboard. He wiped the drinks from my clothes, none of us were speaking. 'Stop crying, Kyuhyun.' Donghae said suddenly and wiping my tears away. 'Everything will be fine.' He said and once again, I doubted it.    

 



 

Enjoy everyone!