Ring 40

Ring

 



 

Tik tok… tik tok…  

 

Hyukjae just finished changing his wet clothes to Kyuhyun’s one. He eyed the floor, which was full with anything Kyuhyun could use to prevent the dripping water hit the floor. Bowls, bottles, piles and even vases. There barely any empty space left from him, neither Kyuhyun to sit down. But Hyukjae wasn’t mind though, because he was currently watching Kyuhyun drying the floor with towel. Hyukjae smiled when Kyuhyun was practically dragging a basin with him, hands and knees on the floor, using it to catch the water flow from his squishing. Hyukjae wanted to help, but he didn’t know how to start a conversation with Kyuhyun.

 

Tik tok… tik tok…

 

The sound of dripping water from the rooftop was the only sound produced at the moments, aside from their breathing and Kyuhyun continuously grunts because the water couldn’t stop flowing. The latter still didn’t give up yet, even though to Hyukjae’s eyes, it’s quite fruitless effort since the dripping won’t stop, not going to stop unless Kyuhyun do something about his holes roof, something like repairing it, or maybe change it to new one.

 

Tik tok… tik tok…

 

Hyukjae could feel his nose wet by something, he sure it was not by his tears. He looked above him, trying to find the source of the dripping water. When Hyukjae was looking, another drop of water felt down to his face. Hyukjae wiped his face in adorable manner, was annoyed by the amount that starting to increasing.

 

‘Come over here.’ Was Kyuhyun said. Hyukjae turned to him, but the latter still back facing him. ‘You won’t get wet if you stay around this section. I’ve repair this part.’ Hyukjae felt warm by listening to the other voice, though Kyuhyun wasn’t looking at him when he was talking. He gracefully makes his way to Kyuhyun’s side, being careful to not run into the basin on anything on the floor. ‘Just sit there.’ Kyuhyun said making Hyukjae stop. ‘It’s clean and dry.’ And after that, no more words coming from Kyuhyun as he busy himself once again with the moping.

 

Dup dup… dup dup ...

 

Hyukjae could hear clearly how Kyuhyun’s heart was beating; it’s quite fast, maybe because he was moping the floor with wet clothes at the moment. Or maybe because he was close with Hyukjae. And Hyukjae prefer the second reason. But still both their mouths were shut tight. Hyukjae brought his knees to his chest, trying to embracing himself to fight away the coldness. The rain still didn’t stop, but growing harder as night approaching.

 

Tik tok… tik tok…

 

The coldness started to drift away Hyukjae’s consciousness. Hyukjae fought for stay awake, but it almost impossible with the cold night and looking at Kyuhyun doing the same thing over and over again. Hyukjae didn’t know at what times or which round of Kyuhyun moping, when he fall asleep.

 

Chirp… chirp…

 

The sound of chirping birds from outside makes Hyukjae’s eyes to flattered open. The first view greeted him as soon as he open his eyes were the empty floor. No basins, no bowls, no vases, nothing. It’s all clean and empty. And there no Kyuhyun anywhere. The thought makes Hyukjae fully awake and he quickly sat straight from his lying position. A blanket fall down to his laps as soon as Hyukjae’s awake, and only then he realized that he was lying under a pillow and was covered with thick blanket. No wonder he didn’t felt cold last night.

 

Krikkkkkk….

 

The floor was making creaking sound as soon as Hyukjae stepped on it. Not all floor though. Only a few section which Hyukjae had passed by. He mentally takes note of the section, and planning to tell Kyuhyun about this. This maybe can be the open up for our conversation. Hyukjae nodded to himself, and with all determination, he went to look for another part, momentarily forgetting that Kyuhyun was nowhere to found inside the house. Realizing that he was distracted from looking for Kyuhyun, Hyukjae comes back to his sense and went everywhere; every single corner of the house to find Kyuhyun.

 

Tok tok tok…. Tok tok tok…

 

Hyukjae turned his head, halted his legs to find where the thud sound was coming from. Hyukjae walked to the outside, when he confirmed the sound was coming from outside of the house. But there was nothing. The thud sound become clearer, as if the sound was makes just next to his hear. Hyukjae finally catch where the thud sound was coming, when he looked up to the root. There, stood Kyuhyun, with hammer and a part of small zinc. The thud sound was coming from Kyuhyun who was hammering the roof with zinc, probably to cover up the holes.

 

Kyuhyun stopped his hammering when he could felt someone was staring at him.  His looked at below, and instantly, his eyes met Hyukjae’s. They were stunned at the moment and it was Hyukjae who broke the staring competition between them with simple greeting.

 

‘Good morning.’ Hyukjae said, soft but still can be heard by Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun nodded, muttering a low ‘morning’ and resumed back his hammering. He kept hammering, with Hyukjae watching him from below, already has the best spot to sit and still could see Kyuhyun. Hyukjae watched Kyuhyun from his sit, waiting patiently for him to finish. Hyukjae was not going to say that he was bored waiting for Kyuhyun, because for the first time in his life knowing Kyuhyun, this is the first time he ever saw the other so concentrate, what more in doing something that never crossed his mind that Kyuhyun would do. And Hyukjae admitted, he kinda like watching Kyuhyun’s wide back. It gave him safe and reliable feeling.

 

But unknowing to Hyukjae, Kyuhyun didn’t stop smiling.

     



 

Surprise!! Short update for you... because I dont know how to start their 'heart to heart' talk.. hope this will trigger something. 

Enjoy everyone~