Falling

The student and the rapper

Jane was staring amazed out the window of the taxi. Even though she had lived in a big city everything seemed much bigger and more beautiful in Seoul than in London. People seemed to be in less of a hurry. It looked like time was more patient with people living here. Even the taxi was nicer than the ones back home. She knew it was too early to tell, but she already liked it here. 

After a 40-minute ride she arrived at the apartment complex. Her apartment wasn’t big, it was rather small but it was more than enough for Jane. The first few weeks weren’t the best. She wasn’t used to the system and everything was still new. But she was stubborn and ambitious and she knew she would succeed. What helped her though, was her first friend: Kang Junghee. Junghee was her age and majoring in journalism. She was nice to Jane from the moment they met. She even encouraged Jane to continue her singing lessons as she accidentally heard her singing one day.

Jane was sitting in her room when her phone started ringing. It was Jung Hee

“Hello!”

“Hi Jane! It’s a Friday night, so we’re going out”

“But Junghee… I thought I should stay in and study.”

“No buts. You’re always studying. Besides, what better way to get used to Korea than going out and socializing? I told you all of my friends are dying to meet you.”

“They just want to meet me because I’m not Korean. They’ll look at me as if I was a freak.”

“Nonsense. You won’t be the only foreigner . I told about Alex, our American friend, didn’t I?”

“Okay, fine. I’m going.”

“Yay. Meet me in front of coffee shop near your place at 7.”

“Sure. See you!”

“Bye!”

Jung Hee was right. She needed to go out and loosen up. She looked at the clock and saw that it was 10 minutes to 6. She had enough time to get ready. One hour later she was in front of coffee shop waiting for Junghee. True to her words, Jung Hee wasn’t late.  The two girls went and met with Jung Hee’s friends at a restaurant.

“Look who’s here! Jung Hee! I see you finally brought your friend with you” a tall blonde guy said.

“Hey Alex. Yes, I finally convinced her to come out. Guys, meet my friend Jane. She came here from the UK a few weeks ago. She is a student here.”

“Hello. Nice to meet you Jane”

There were more than 10 voices greeting her. Everyone took turns presenting themselves and Jane found that she was actually enjoying herself.

“Hey guys, did I tell that Jane can sing?” Junghee said after a while.

“What, no way!  You didn’t tell us” one of the girls said.

“Aish… why did you tell them that Junghee?” Jane scolded her.

“Why not? You’re really good. You can’t let a talent like that go to waste.”

“She’s right, you know. Why don’t you audition? I heard there is an YG audition next week” a pretty looking guy said.

“What? Audition, me? No way. I’m not that good. I’m sure there are people who are much better than me. Besides, I’m not even Korean.”

“Who says you have to be Korean? Rumor has it YG doesn’t really care how you look as long as you’re talented” Alex said.

“Okay, she’s clearly not comfortable so let’s just drop it” Junghee winked. Her friends knew what that wink meant. The subject was clearly dropped only for the moment.

“Who are those guys?”Jane pointed to 5 boys wearing black hoodies and glasses who just entered the restaurant. A man who looked like he was the manager welcomed them and led them upstairs.

“I don’t know” Jung Hee said. “They must be important since the manager took them to the VIP room. I heard there are idols coming to this restaurant every now and then.”

“Idols? Wow. So that means if I come here more often I might get to meet a Hallyu star?” Jane jokingly asked.

“Hold your horses girl” one of the guys laughed. “It’s not like you’ll just bump into them at the bathroom. “

“Speaking of, I need to go to the bathroom” Jane excused herself.

She was walking towards the restroom as she noticed she had a stain on her blouse. She was trying to figure out how she got it and the next thing she knew she bumped into someone and she was falling over.

 

Meanwhile at BIGBANG’s dorm

“Hyuuuuunnngg! Let’s go out and eat! You promised to treat us to a meal if I didn’t annoy you this week” the youngest of them all said.

“Ya! Seungri, you really are something. You’re right, you weren’t annoying. UNTIL FIVE MINUTES AGO!” a now annoyed Seunghyun screamed at the maknae. He was enjoying a book in his living room until Seungri barged in.

“But hyung I’m really hungry...” and then he pouted. “Daesung hyung! Can you tell Seunghyun hyung to take us to dinner?”

“Hyung… let’s go. I’ll pay for the meal, I just don’t want to hear him wail around the dorm” Daesung said, annoyed himself at the maknae.

“Aish… Okay, we’re going. Call Jiyong and Youngbae and tell them to meet us at the restaurant in 30 minutes. God knows they need a break from all that hard work. And you need to start working more for your album maknae” the eldest scolded Seungri.

“I already am working hard. I just needed one afternoon off” Seungri cutely pouted.

“Jiyong hyung said they will meet us there. Let’s go” Daesung announced.

The members met in front of the restaurant. They were all wearing black hoodies and sunglasses as they didn’t want to be recognized. The manager of the restaurant welcomed them and led them to the VIP room upstairs.

“I’m going to use the restroom. I won’t be long” Seunghyun announced.

The guys nodded and he left. As he was heading back to the VIP room he received a message. While he was checking the message he bumped into someone and fell backwards. 

 

AN: Heeeelllo my dear readers! I finally decided to write a fanfiction. I've been toying with the idea and I finally started. I saw that I have 2 subscribers already and I only posted the first chapter last night! Yay! Anyway since this is my first fanfiction I really need feedback. Please tell what you think about it. I am waiting for your suggestions. I think I'm not doing it right. *sighs*