Chapter 41: Saying goodbye to everything that relates to you

My 9 sisters

 

Donghae is packing up his things, his clothes, his books and etcetera. He looks around, wondering if anything he had left to bring to Seoul. He is leaving tomorrow, and there is no chance that he could slipped from those guards since they are following him 24/7.

Donghae look around his room again until his eyes fell onto a plushie, a Nemo plushie, which was a gift by Eunhyuk before his soccer competition. He smiled at that plushie, hugged it tight and then place it inside the cupboard. Yes, he is not going to bring it with him, not when that reminds him of Eunhyuk, the person he love.

~~

Donghae walks downstairs, seeing his sisters watching television when his appa was sitting on the armchair, reading newspaper.

Jessica glances up upon hearing footsteps.

“Hae, finish packing?” she asks.

Donghae nodded, glancing at his appa, who was still reading the newspaper.

“A…..a…appa,” he stutters.

“Hm?” appa glance over the newspaper eyeing Donghae.

“Err….can I go out? For a walk? Alone?” he stutters.

Appa scrunch his eyebrows.

“Don’t worry, I promise I will not see him, or even meet him, I…I…just want to have a walk alone, to remember the place I love so much,” he stutters, holding his breath, not sure what will his appa say.

“Okay, I’ll trust you, you can go out alone,” he says, glancing back at the newspaper.

~~

Donghae walk alone at the pedestrian, feeling the cold breeze hitting his face while eating the ice-cream he had just bought, strawberry flavor. He had just visited the ice-cream parlour which he previously bought ice-cream for both of them, Eunhyuk and him. He smiled, thinking back the happy times he is with Eunhyuk.

Donghae just lets his legs carry him, until he stopped just outside Hyoyeon’s studio as he heard a very familiar song, I wanna love you.

He couldn’t help but walk up to the staircase and enter the studio, peeking into the room which he found Eunhyuk dancing alone to the song.

Donghae felt his body got numb, although he really wants to go there, since he is alone now, without bodyguards, but he knows that by walking inside means he is breaking his promise.

So instead, he watched over Eunhyuk through the glass windows.

Silent tears falls from his eyes as he sees the person dancing his heart out in the studio.

He whispers under his breath, only allow himself to hear, “Hyukkie, my beloved Hyukkie, I love you, and goodbye, we’ll see each other again, someday,” as he carried his footsteps leaving the studio, leaving the person he love.

Meanwhile…

Eunhyuk was dancing hard in the studio when he caught a glimpse of a shadow in the midst of turning away, walking out.

He stopped, stunned at the moment, wondering who the person was when it struck him hard, “D…Donghae?”

~~

Donghae had just left the studio, walking along the pedestrian, feeling the last night in that place when…

“Hae!”

He stopped, stunned, knowing that voice, that familiar voice. However, he quickly gathers his sense and continues walking pretending that he didn’t hear.

Eunhyuk panicked as he shouted again “Hae! Lee Donghae! STOP!” while running towards Donghae.

Donghae could hear footsteps nearer to him as he pick up his pace, not turning back as he runs too.

Donghae don’t know how many miles he had run, but one thing he is sure that he doesn’t want to face Eunhyuk right now, well, he can’t face him, and because facing that person he love now, will let him off guard and most probably break his heart even more.

Donghae stop running, same as Eunhyuk which both of them were panting, they are only 10 feet apart.

No words were spoken until..

“Hae,” as Eunhyuk start walking towards him.

“Don’t come near me Hyukkie, stay where you are,” he said, still not looking back.

Eunhyuk stopped walking, and just stare at Donghae’s back.

“Why are you here, Hae? Where are your bodyguards?”

“I come out alone, I…I…” Donghae couldn’t help as his tears started to fall but he tries to act calm, not wanting Eunhyuk to know he is crying at the moment.

“You…”

“I…I come to say goodbye and good luck on your competition tomorrow,” said Donghae, back facing Eunhyuk.

“Hae, I…I love you,”

“I know Hyukkie, I know, I love you too Hyukkie, and please remember that you are my first love, my only love Hyukkie,”

“I will Hae, I will,”

“Thanks Hyukkie,” he says as he started to walk leaving Eunhyuk.

Bye Hyukkie, bye.

As his tears fall uncontrollably.

Eunhyuk just stood there, watching Donghae leaving until he is out of sight.