Chapter 10: First disastrous cake

My 9 sisters

 

It’s another Sunday morning where Donghae was already awake by Yuri’s baking spoon attack.

“Wake up lazy fish, we are going to bake a cake today!” glee Yuri using her baking spoon to hit the still sleeping Donghae.

“Noona, at least give me some more sleep, I am tired,” muffle Donghae from his pillow.

“WAKE UP!” as Jessica already got a pail of water and pour right onto Donghae.

“Sica Noona!”  jumps Donghae dripping wet from his bed.

“At least you are awake now,” scoffs Jessica walking out of his room, leaving Yuri and Donghae dumbfounded.

Later in the kitchen…

“Three eggs, right?”

“Yes, and don’t drop any egg shells into the dough!” remind Yuri.

“Yes, noona, three eggs three eggs,” murmurs Donghae as he walks to the fridge taking out 3 eggs when his handphone buzz again alerting that he has a message.

To: Donghae

Hey, wanna come out?! I’ve friends to introduce to you, we are at the mall!=)From: Eunhyuk.

Reading the message, a small smile played on his lips that caught Jessica’s attention.

“Lee Donghae, don’t ever think that you are going to go out with Eunhyuk today unless you finish baking the cake,” said Jessica sternly.

Donghae rolled his eyes and quickly reply Eunhyuk.

To: Eunhyuk

I wanna come, but I am sorry, Sica noona won’t let me, she wants me to finish baking lessons first, I’ll guess I’ll pass this time=(From: Donghae.

2 minutes later, his handphone buzz again.

To: Donghae

Aww, too bad, btw you’re baking a CAKE?! I mean a cake?? Seriously?? What cake is that?? Strawberry? Can I have them tomorrow?=) From: Eunhyuk.

Donghae chuckles at Eunhyuk’s message as he quickly type back while one hand pouring a mysterious brown colored ingredient that he got from the fridge.

To: Eunhyuk

Yep, a cake, and you are right, strawberry, you’re favourite. And yes, you can have it if I succeed in baking it…cheer for me!!=) From: Donghae.

“Next, put the dough in the mixer,” said Yuri as Donghae leaves his handphone on the counter and walks towards the mixer, switch it on and let the mixer does the magic.

And the handphone buzz again.

To: Donghae

That’s a deal! Can’t wait for your strawberry cake! From: Eunhyuk.

2 hours later…

The kitchen has an aromatic smell that makes all the girls clamber to the kitchen to try their brother’s newly bake cake.

Upon eating the first bite Seohyun has ran to the basin and threw up.

“Hae, tell me what did you put in the cake?” said Seohyun after washing .

“Whatever Yuri noona said,”

“Really? I taste something funny inside,” said Tiffany after getting a bite of the cake.

“Funny? Let me try then,” as he get a bite from Yoona’s plate.

“Ewww,” as he ran to the basin, throws up.

Yuri gets a bite of the cake and frowned that’s not the right taste she thought when someone spoke.

“Mustard,” said Taeyeon, “ Hae, did you accidentally put mustard in the cake?”

“Mustard?” as Yuri quickly tried the cake again. Yes, there is the taste of mustard in the cake, and the cake does lack of a taste. Suddenly, a thought flash in her mind as she said, “ You forgotten butter,”

“Butter? I thought…” remembering that he was trying to apply butter when Eunhyuk’s message distracted him that he accidentally apply mustard in the cake.

“Sorry noona, I was very distracted just now, I am really really sorry,”

“It’s ok, you didn’t done that on purpose, let’s just remember that next time when we are baking a cake, try not distracted by text messages from your crush,” tease Sooyoung.

“Noona!”

The next day…

Eunhyuk already standing at the school gates early in the morning waiting for Donghae. Upon seeing Donghae and Seohyun walking towards the gate, Eunhyuk stepped in front of Donghae on hand reach out as if he wanted something from Donghae. Seohyun left his brother at the minute she saw Eunhyuk approach them, not really leaving both of them alone, but hiding behind a tree watching them.

Donghae saw Eunhyuk walking towards him and a smile crept on his face. However he started to question himself when Eunhyuk reach out a hand to him.

“Uh Hyukkie what do you want?”

“You’ve forgotten? My cake!”

“Uh oh, cake….”

“Why, you’ve forgotten?” asked Eunhyuk, his smile faded away.

“Hyukkie, I’m sorry,” feeling guilty.

“It’s ok, I’ve never expect you to remember anyway,” said Eunhyuk as he already turn around trying to leave Donghae. Donghae was scared at Eunhyuk’s reaction as he grabbed Eunhyuk’s hand, not letting him go as he spoke.

“Hyukkie I am very very sorry, I didn’t forgot your cake, but …but..”

Upon hearing that, Eunhyuk turn his back, facing Donghae.

“But what? Hae, tell me,”

“But, I’ve spoilt the cake, I…I….I’ve accidentally apply mus…..mustard in the cake,” blushes Donghae.

“What…mus….BWAHAHAHAHAHA!” laughs Eunhyuk as he pinches Donghae cheeks while continues,“You are so cute!”

“Hyukkie, everyone’s looking,” said Donghae slapping Eunhyuk’s hand away blushing more.

“Hey, see your blush? You like me pinching your red cheeks, and it’s too cute!” smiled Eunhyuk knowing that Donghae didn’t forget after all.

“Hyukkie, here, have this instead of the cake,” giving Eunhyuk a strawberry milk.

“But I still want to try the cake you bake!” whine Eunhyuk while poking the straw onto the foil on top of the bottle wanting to drink his favourite drink.

“How about next time, when I successful bake the cake, you’ll be the first person to try it,”

“Deal?”

“Deal” as they pinky promise each other.