His and Theirs: All 13 of Us (Part 2)

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us
As expected, a brood of 13 consisting of 12 boys and one girl is kind of hard to control, so dad assigned the 4 oldest boys to supervise the rest of us. Oh, and they share a room with 2 of each brother.

 
  • Xiumin-gege rooms with Lay-ge and Kyungsoo-ge. (the responsible ones)
  • Lu Han-gege rooms with Chen-ge and Kai-ge.
  • Kris-gege rooms with Baekhyun-ge and Tao-ge. 
  • And Suho-oppa rooms with Chanyeol-ge and Se Hun-ge. (because you can't put Se Hun, Tao and Kai-ge in one room and not get World War 3)


I have a room for myself. Because I'm the only girl. That's how special I am.

We have 7 rooms, but dad wanted to have one extra room for guests. Who knows when we have unexpected guests, so he held a meeting right after we moved in, even before we unpacked. He laid down some rules, too. Since he got promoted, he'd be away most of the time, too. Mom, probably learned from the past, was always going to accompany dad to his business meetings if away from home.

The four oldest were tasked to take care of things whenever they are away. And because they do not want to get scolded by dad, they made it a point to be "strict" in their own way. Specially Suho-oppa. Of all the 4 oldest, he was more like a dad than the other 3.

Xiumin-ge was tasked to oversee that everybody gets fed and went to school diligently. He was also responsible to make sure that everybody was at home before dark, unless they asked permission to stay a little later - but only for school reasons. Any decision making (if our parents weren't home), he was to have the last say. He also  makes sure everybody is awake and asleep on time, and had "special powers" to discipline whoever broke the law. He drives most of us to school, too. He's 18.

Lu Han-ge was responsible in helping his little brothers and sister with school stuff, since he was the one who excelled most in academics, and shopping/grocery stuff. He looks the meekest of all 4 oldest, but he's really fierce. Nobody dares to break any of his "laws" and everybody seemed to do whatever he said. He's just one charismatic gege. ^_^ Nobody seems to want to ride with him to school, except us 4 youngest kids. Hahaha. He's also 18.

Kris-ge was the disciplinarian. He was given "special powers" by dad to scold and to punish any one who disobeyed the law (aside from Xiumin-ge). LOL. Most of the time, the ones who disobey the rules were his roomies. He's also responsible to help Lu Han-ge with the shopping/grocery stuff. He's 17, turning 18.

Suho-oppa was tasked to keep the house clean, tidy, and orderly. He was also most responsible for making sure that everyone was "clean, tidy, and orderly" and not only the house. But it sort of worked like he was the "guidance counselor" of  the 4 of them. LOL. He just turned 17.

Lay-gege was 16 (almost 17), Baek was 16, Chen and Chanyeol were 15, turning 16, Soo and Tao-ge just turned 15, Kai and Se Hun-ge were 14. I was 13, the baby of the family. But I believe I was more mature than the 15 and 14 year-old older brothers combined. LOL.

 
-----
Well, today was one of those days when Xiumin-oppa and the other 3 oldest boys were in-charge. Dad was away on a business trip with mom, and a sudden call from dad changed the plans for the whole week. It was the very first week of vacation after school, and since the parents were away, the oldest boys were planning on a 3-day camping trip. The younger ones weren't really looking forward to it because all they wanted was to go skateboarding near the beachfront. And I wasn't sure to be happy or not, because I haven't really planned on what I wanted to do. Although I liked the idea of sleeping in the tent. LOL.

Everybody was around the breakfast table when dad called. It was Suho-ge who answered the phone since he was nearest it.

 
Aboo-Makhado-Residence-19.jpg
Suho: Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Everybody went on mute mode. Ears straining to hear whatever it was that dad had to say this early.

Suho: Yes Papa. Yes, all here... Breakfast. Yes. What do you mean...? (He raised an eyebrow....uh-oh, not good.)

Then he gave the phone to Xiumin-oppa, who took it smirking a little. It looked as though he already knew what dad was to tell him. But his mouth hung wide open during the first minute while listening to dad's instructions. Now, everybody converged around him, except for Suho-ge who was rather nervous and stayed where he was seated.

All others, including me, pressed together near the phone's receiver while Xiumin-ge struggled to keep the phone from falling because he was jostled by our movements.

Xiumin: Wait Papa- Guys! Please! I can't hear dad. I'll tell you later anyway. Sit down. Now.

All went back to their seats, except me. LOL. I pressed my ear behind the receiver to hear what dad had to say. I put my arm around Xiumin-ge so I won't be outbalanced.

I heard dad say, "Get the boys and your sister ready to come here by tomorrow. I have booked a flight for all of you for tomorrow morning. My boss wants to meet everyone in the family. He's impressed with my performance and I feel that he's going to give me a very good incentive. He's throwing a party the day after tomorrow in connection with the deal that I just closed. Make sure to have all your brothers on their best behaviour because it's a formal event."

Xiumin: Yes Papa. I got it.

Then I heard dad reply, "Use the van and SUV to the airport. I'll try to call the airport staff to see if they can secure parking for the cars for a week. I'll call you when I get the update. Oh yes, before I forget, I am serious about you behaving yourselves. This is a make or break event. We don't know what the boss is planning, so please. I can only do so much disciplining you kids when I am around, and your mom too. But while you are travelling, you are responsible for them. Tell Lu Han, Kris and Suho. Okay? If anyone of you misbehaves- it's boarding school. Understood?"

Xiumin: Yes Papa. I will tell them. How about the tickets?

Dad: I have just booked the flight, I'll send you the itenerary through your email. Just print them all out for each of your siblings. Make sure you all have your passports. If everything goes well, you'll all get a surprise from me. Xiumin, I'm counting on you.

Xiumin: Yes, of course. I promise. I'll take care of them.

Dad: Very well. I'm counting on you. And Lu Han, Kris and Suho, of course. Just tell them. I might be able to call each one of  them later. I still have another meeting after this, so I'll call you around noon. Leave the phone free, okay? Or bring your cellphones with you wherever you are.

Xiumin: Yes Papa. Right.

Dad: Well, that's it. Behave all of you. I'm thinking of getting that kitchen setup with the speakerphone so you can all hear me while I talk to you. Okay, that's it. You 4 are in-charge. me and mom will see you tomorrow.

Xiumin: Okay, see you Papa. Regards to Mama. (Everybody calls mom- Mama. LOL)

Dad: Right. Hanging up now. I've got another meeting here. Bye.

And he hung up.

Me: I heard everything. Wow, so if I don't behave, I get shipped to boarding school?

Everybody else: BOARDING SCHOOL?!?!?!? (then complaints, groans, and more complains)

Xiumin: Hey stop it! I haven't even told you everything, and your sister just said something about boarding school, you overreact.

Kris: Okay. What did Papa say?

And Xiumin-oppa relayed everything, including the part that I didn't hear. It turned out that dad had warned about the boarding house condition first, that's why Xiumin-oppa's face was like that.

No one talked for a few minutes when he finished. Heads bowed and fingers twiddling, twitching, and others biting fingernails. I just kept looking from one brother to another. I was the youngest, so I had to wait for the older ones to speak first.

Lu Han: So... So, we are expected to fly tomorrow to attend a party held by Papa's boss?

Xiumin: Apparently, yes. Papa did mention it sometime ago, that his boss was curious about how Papa manages 12 boys and 1 girl. I'm thinking he's up for another promotion. You know how Papa is when it comes to his work.

Lu Han: Hmmm. If we don't go-?

Xiumin: Boarding school.

Suho: No way. I say we pack now.

Kris: I don't wanna go to boarding school either. Ughhh...

Lu Han: Me neither. I say we go pack now, too.

Kris: Yeah, pack up!

Xiumin: Okay. Papa will call back by noon for updates. I'll go check my email for the itenerary. He wanted us to bring passports. If we "behaved" he has a surprise.

Chen: Maybe he'll still ship us out to boarding school, that's why we need to bring passports.

Kai: You are so hopeful huh? Boarding school may be the adventure that you always wanted to happen.

Chen: Shut up! If you want to, you can volunteer. Boarding school in Timbuktu- or any planet of your choice.

Xiumin: Alright, stop it. This is not the time for bickering. You heard what papa wanted me to tell you. I say we go and pack now. A week's worth of "stuff." (And he smirked) When you're all done, stay here. No going anywhere else.

Some groaned. Kai, Baek, Se Hun, Tao, and Chan-oppa.

Xiumin: What?

Kai: We were planning to go skateboarding by the beachfront. First day of vacation, hello?

Xiumin: No. If you must, just outside the house. It's spacious enough.

Kai: But Xiumin-hyung...

Lu Han: You heard him. It's a no. Now scoot! Not you Soo. You come with me.

Kyungsoo: Why? What?

Lu Han: We'll need supplies. And we have to buy food for dinner. And breakfast- maybe not breakfast, but dinner.

Soo: Okay.

Me: Can I go with you?

Lu Han: Okay. But you better pack your things right away when we return.

Me: Yes, I will.

Lu Han: Alright. Let's go.

As we went out to Lu Han's car, the rest of the boys trooped upstairs to pack their bags. What a day!