His and Theirs: All 13 of Us (Part 5)

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us
Everyone remained silent the rest of the flight, well, except for a little hushed talk among the boys while -discussing possible "escape-the-party" plans. They thought of feigning sickness, but Suho-ge immediately said that Mama had almost been a lady doctor if she had not married Papa.

The plane landed smoothly, thank you. Kris-ge herded us to a corner before proceeding to check out. Probably to check if all 13 were present. He made us count off again. Everyone else behaved this time. Boarding school was just a few minutes away if dad found out we were causing trouble at the airport.

Lu Han: Xiumin-hyung, did Papa say where Mr. Ang will meet us?

Xiumin: At the lobby.

Lu Han: Okay.

Xiumin: Since everybody's here, let's proceed to checkout.

Check out went smoothly too. We looked like a company of soldiers trooping the airport halls. LOL. As Kris-ge was the tallest, he lead the group, followed by Lu Han, me, Chan, Soo and Tao. Behind us were Xiumin, Se Hun, and Kai. Making up the tail were Suho, Chen, Baek, and Lay.

Se Hun: Can we buy Bubble Tea first? I'm thirsty.

Xiumin: How many Bubble teas have you had today?

Se Hun: Two. Hahaha.

Xiumin: You're hopeless. (And he shook his head, but asked the rest to head first to the Bubble Tea shop.)

Kai: Can we buy burgers too? I'm hungry.

Xiumin: Okay. Who else wants burgers?

Almost everybody raised their hands, except Lay and Baek.

Kris: And what will you be having?

Lay: We're pressed for time though, we are craving for pasta.

Baek: Yeah. Maybe we could have that for lunch? It's almost lunch anyway. Can we eat out for lunch?

Kai: Oh. Yeah. Good idea. I think I'll pass on the burger this time, although I am starving. Yes, please, let's eat out. Pasta?

Then everybody seemed to agree about eating out for lunch, and preferably for pasta. That decided, we proceeded to the lobby where dad's assistant, Mr. Ang was waiting for us. He bowed to greet us, and we bowed in return.

Mr. Ang: Had a safe flight everyone? Welcome.

Kris: Yes, thank you.

Mr. Ang: Ahh, that is good. This way please.

And he lead us out to where 2 vans were parked outside. Half of us climbed the white van, and the other half  on the grey one.


-------
 
We were in Hong Kong. Not our first time, but it felt like it. Tsim Tsa Tsui, Kowloon. We were  being biletted at the Langham hotel. Everyone got excited because it was one of the known luxury hotels in Kowloon. So the party will also be held at their grand ballroom extending to one of their restaurants, Palm Court. Mr. Ang wasted no time in informing the 4 oldest kids while he led us into the lobby of the hotel. Once inside, we could only gape in awe at the surroundings.
hotel_exterior_tlhkg_en.jpg

Kai: So this is where we'll live for the next 7 days. Awesome!

Se Hun: Yeah... I wonder how much did Papa pay for us all. This place looks really expensive.

Chen: Maybe that's why Papa was so intent in shipping us all to Timbuktu if we misbehave. Look at this place!

Tao: I know, right? My hotness isn't even enough to melt this place. Just awesome.

Timbuktu was an okay word to say when referring to boarding school, so the boys didn't even twitch a little at the mention of the word. Mr. Ang led the 4 oldest to the concierge for instructions and to check for messages from papa. The rest of us waited while sipping what's left of our Bubble Tea.

2lobby_tlhkg_en.jpgMr. Ang and the 4 oldest returned and ushered us to the nearest elevator. An attendant was with them, leading the way. We stopped on the 9th floor. So dad got 2 premiere suites for us. How convenient.

Mr. Ang: 7 of you stay in one room, and the rest the other room. Your Papa was able to secure adjacent rooms. You are lucky. It's been a busy week here.

Xiumin: Okay, thank you Mr. Ang.

Kris and Lu Han: Thank you.

Suho: Yes, thank you.  (And he bowed. We followed suit.)

When Mr. Ang left with the attendant, Xiumin-ge assigned us the rooms. As the youngest, I probably will be sleeping in Mama and Papa's suite anyway.

Lu Han: You're staying with  us. All for one, one for all little sister.

Me: Goodbye lucky strike.

Lu Han: Hahahahah. You keep the big bed, we'll sleep on the floor.

Xiumin: Papa's in the process of renting an apartment near here, so it'd be more convenient for us all. For now, we'll have to endure the agony of staying at this beautiful place.

Kai: Yeah. Agony. Sweet agony.

Kris: Count off, 1-2 for the room assignment. Come on.

Xiumin: One
Lu Han: Two
Kris: One
Suho: Two
Lay: One
Baek: Two
Chen: One
Yeol: Two
Soo: One
Tao: Two
Kai: One
Se Hun: Two

Me: ---

Lu Han: You are staying with us, remember?

Me: Oh, yeah.

Xiumin: Okay, let's move it. We're eating out for lunch, remember?

Everyone: Yes!

Premiere_Suite_living_room_tlhkg_en.jpgLu Han-ge opened the door to our suite and herded us in. Xiumin did the same for the others. The room was huge. They seemed to have moved the study room furniture to the spacious dining room, and placed 2 twin beds in their place. The bedroom had a king-sized bed. Yes, we'd all fit in here. I assumed they did the same thing on the other room.

Se Hun: We get the study room beds!

And he took my arm and all but dragged me into the room, then flopped on one of the beds.

Me: Yeah! I think they'd fit in the king-sized bed in the other room, right?

Se Hun: Of course. Otherwise, one would have to sleep on the floor. Or the couch. Doesn't matter. 'm sleeping on this bed. Hahaha.

Tao: You two are unfair. You didn't wait for sleeping arrangements.

deluxe_twin_tlhkg_en.jpg

He came in with his backpack still slung on his arm and flopped beside me on the bed.

Tao: I'm sleeping with you here. Move the beds together. Come on.

Se Hun: No way. I call dibs on this bed. (He laid down and spread his arms wide.) Aaahhh... This is the life.

Me: I say we move the beds together, gege. Please?

Se Hun: Oh, alright. Move away. Tao-ge, help me with this then.

And both of them arranged the beds. When it was done, all three of us laid down and stared at the ceiling. But before we could even start to appreciate the paneling and light fixtures, Lu Han-gege came in and sat on the bed.

Lu Han: Do you want to eat lunch now or do you just want to rest for a while?

Tao: I'm hungry. I want to eat.

Se Hun: Me too. I want to eat.

Me: I want to eat and sleep.

Lu Han: We can't leave you alone here. You know that.

Me: Of course not. I'll go with you. I'll just sleep later when everyone's sleepy too.

Kris-gege appeared at the door. Apparently the boys from the other room were ready to go. He sat down on the bed beside Lu Han.

Kris: Are these 3 not coming with us?

Lu Han: No. They want to sleep. Hahaha. They're coming with us.

Kris: Okay. Because we can't leave you alone here. Come on, get up, so we can eat. Papa might call in a bit.

Then he pulled us up one by one. We went out the room and headed for the elevator. The other boys seemed to be in a good mood. They smiled and waved at random people going in and out of the room. When we reached the hotel lobby, Lu Han-ge approached the concierge to ask for nearby Italian restaurant. He came back with a big smile on his face.

Kris: What are you smiling about?

Lu Han: Nothing, nothing.

Kris: Then stop smiling. Anyway, did you get a good Italian resto recommendation?

Lu Han: Yes, of course.

He was smiling from ear to ear. He looked like he was enjoying a private joke. He just tapped Kris' back as if to say, "Later dude."

Kris: So, tell me. Where?

Lu Han: Just around Ashley road. La Taverna Restaurant. I think we can walk going there. We'll just ride a cab back here.

Kris: Okay.

The other boys were flirting with some girls at the lobby. Kai was showing off his "dance moves" and the others were making small talk with them. You could tell that the girls were enjoying the attention for my dear brothers were exceptionally good-looking. Specially when Kai unleashes the beast in him. LOL. Yeah, my brother dances like a beast. Not in a bad way of course, because he is so good at it that girls in school deem to follow him wherever he is. Actually, not only him, but all my brothers. They have that kind of charm that just gets the ladies. Hahaha. We don't go to the same schools anymore because the older ones are almost out of high school, but it's not so hard to catch girls staring or giggling aloud when any one of my brothers pass by.

Now, it was Tao's turn to show off his martial arts moves. Hahaha. But Lu Han stopped him before he even started. He just bowed to the girls and dragged Kai and Tao by the hand. LOL. It looked cute even if it was embarrassing. The two just waved at the girls and smiled.

Kris: Hopeless cases.

Xiumin: Let's go.


-------------

We did walk going to the restaurant. It wasn't far and the weather seemed to cooperate. Along the way, we amused ourselves by checking out the sidewalk stalls. Some of my brothers were born in Korea, but since they started living with us, they have learned a great deal of how the Chinese lived. Also, they were pretty good at conversational Mandarin now. So, when Chan saw something that caught his interest, he was able to talk to the owner of the stall and got a good bargain. He bought this keyholder that was shaped like a wolf howling at the moon.

La%20Taverna%20-%20P%207.JPG
With that little stop by the sidewalk stall, we were able to buy trinkets. Then we arrived at the restaurant. Everybody couldn't hide the awe and amusement as we entered the establishment. The place had a feel to it that you were indeed in Italy. Since the
re were 13 of us the maitre d' had to arrange some tables and chairs to accomodate us all in one place.


Their menu looked really sumptuous that we almost forgot we were there for pasta. In the end, we ordered Spaghetti al Pomodoro e Basilico, Lasagne alla Bolognese,and Pizza alla Diavola. We also ordered Pefetto al Croccantino for dessert. When our order arrived, the wolves attacked. LOL. We were really hungry since we didn't eat breakfast. In the middle of the meal, Xiumin's phone rang.
 
La%20Taverna%20-%20P%206.JPGXiumin: Silence please! It's Papa.
 
And everyone stopped talking and eating at the same time.
 
Xiumin: Hello. Papa. Yes we have arrived. Uh- about an hour ago... Yes. Yes, lunch. Actually we are having pasta now. Oh? Uh- heheh... Okay. Thank you Papa. Lu Han, Papa wants to talk to you. (And he passed the phone to Lu Han.)
 
Lu Han: Papa, shi Lu Han. Oh. Yes. Yes. No. Uh- I don't know. Eheheh... Uh- Suho, not me. Eheheh. Duibuqi Papa. Hehehe. Xiexie Papa.
 
And he passed the phone to Suho, who shot Lu Han a questioning look. Lu Han mouthed "house-key-lock," and Suho looked relieved, nodded.
 
Suho: Papa. Yes, I did. Aaaahhhh... No. I didn't. Ehehehe. Yes. Yes. Ohhhh... Aahhh.. Okay. Thank you Papa. Yes, of course. Kris? Here. 
 
Kris: Papa. Meiyou le. No, all behaved. Hahaha. Yes. I know. Mama zai nali? Where? Ahhh... Okay. No, just for yesterday. Oh? Ohhhh... yeah. Uh- yes. Hehehe. Xiexie ni Pa. Xiumin-ah... (And he gave the phone back to Xiumin.)
 
Xiumin: Yes Papa. Hmmm... probably just go back to the hotel and sleep. Okay. Okay. Thank you again. Yes. Love to Mama. Bye.
 
All 4 of them looked at each other and tried to hide the grin on their faces, but we weren't fooled. We all looked at them like hungry paparazzi wanting to know the latest scoop on their favorite celebrity.
 
Lay: Come on, spit it out. We know you're hiding something from us.
 
Baek: I second the motion!
 
And he raised his hand. We all followed suit and chorused, "We third the motion." Chen rose from his chair and acted as if he was host at a meeting.
 
Chen: It has been moved and seconded, even thirded, that you Hyungs tell us what Papa said. As in right now. (And with that, he sat back down. We joined in the fun and applaused him.)
 
Xiumin: Pffftt! What if we don't want to tell you?
 
Kris: Actually we do. Papa has decided who to ship to Timbuktu.
 
Soo: And? You are happy because you get to go first?
 
Kris: No. Not funny Soo.
 
Soo: You started it.
 
Lu Han: It's actually good news. More like better news. Oh wait- the best news so far. Oh, I can't wait really. Hahahaha.
 
Kai: Come on, tell us now.
 
Chan: I should have brought my baseball bat here. A whack in the head for the 4 of you if you don't tell us now.
 
Suho: Chanyeol, enough with the violence talk. Or else, I'll slap your here, in front of all these beautiful people.
 
Chan: Aww... you flatter me Hyung. (And he batted his eyelashes and blew a kiss.)
 
Se Hun: Can you please just tell us now?
 
Xiumin: Okay. Here goes. Take a deep breath everyone... Yes, that's it... So, Papa kind of thought of a reward for us... you know if we all behaved for tomorrow's party.
 
Tao: We know he said he has a surprise if we behaved. But what is it?
 
Lu Han: If we behave. If- you know what that means- we behave. Not when... I do hope this works this time...
 
Xiumin: Okay, so Papa talked to some people...uh- somewhere... and..well.. how do I say this.
 
Soo: Just cut to the chase.
 
Kris: We'll all go to the US for a month-long summer vacation. IF we behave.
 
That did it. Everyone just froze. Even the 4 oldest. Somehow it has just sunk in when Kris-gege said it aloud. A month-long vacation in the US! That would be epic! And to think ALL of us will be there! Oh happy day! Then just as quickly as we all froze, everybody just stood up and cheered!
 
"YESSSSSSSS!!"