Guess who's at the door?

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us

 

 

Kim - Min - Wu

 

3 families in one house. But not everyone was there. I, for one, wasn't there. I was confined in the deepest recesses of the Wu mansion. OTL. Nah, I was in the living room lounging. Only some of my brothers went to the Kim's house. And when they got back, they were all laughing their butts off. They went to the Kim residence to "help out" or that's what they claimed. If I didn't know better, they just went there to check out the place. 

 

Papa was able to make the media not bother us with talking about the property acquisition. But of course, there were the occasional "rulebreakers" who managed to corner one or more of us when we go outside. It was always like that for the duration of the final week before classes began. But we just shrugged them off and not say anything.

 

Since Luhan and the other older brothers were not really chummy with the Kims, they preferred to stay at home. Only Baekhyun and the younger brothers went over. Also, papa had asked Luhan and Lay gege to start drafting a sort of advertisment poster for the property. I guess papa was already sharpening their marketing skills. Papa had asked Baek gege to help out, because of his witty one-liners and his taglines, but as soon as papa left for his office, Baek just patted Luhan and Lay ge's shoulders and went off with the younger boys.

 

Kris gege was in his room doing who knows what. Probably listening to music or creating a surprise for the poster. LOL. Papa had not delegated any task for him about the project, but knowing him, he'd still make something to help out. He always surprised us. Papa was kinda clueless about his sons' talents, to be honest. What with him being always away. He was only aware of the things that were verbally relayed to him. But of course, most of the stuff that happen, we don't tell him. For fear of "Timbuktu." Now that there was no other term for boarding school, we were resolved to speak out the dreaded word.

 

If Kris was in his room, Xiumin was out in the backyard, swimming. I guess he couldn't get enough of Phuket's water. LOL gege. The first thing he did when papa gave out instructions for the day and finding out he didn't have any task except make sure his "brothers" were all accounted for at the end of the day, was go upstairs to his room and bounded down wearing his boardshorts and holding a towel in one hand. He shouted a reminder to Luhan, "Lu... If you need me, just holla at me. I'll be swimming." And then he disappeared the back door to the pool.

 

Suho was making rounds within the house and yard. I didn't know what he was looking for, though. Or I thought he was just doing an inventory of the whole property. Hahahaha. This gege was kinda OC when it came to his task. Papa always left him with making sure the house was in order. Not that Luhan ge was not capable of bringing order, but because he probably knew that Suho was more diplomatic when it came to disciplining rulebreakers. Kris automatically will automatically let the rulebreakers do 20 push-ups when found guilty. Harsh. OTL. Of course, I wasn't given that punishment when I was found at the scene of the crime. I was either asked to clean the second floor bathroom or groundfloor bathroom. Yes, I wasn't exempted from this kind of punishment. Hehehe. Xiumin oppa wasn't that extreme when giving out punishments. He either just resorts to making us wash the dishes every after meal or no TV/computer time for a day.

 

Luhan and Lay gege were on the dining table with their laptops open and a thick wad of paper. Lay ge was writing something on that wad of paper and Luhan ge was tapping away on his keyboard. I was lounging in the living room with my headphones on. I wasn't the type to go and visit my friends, unless they call and asked me to go with them somewhere. It was one of those days that I preferred to stay at home. Luhan kept calling Baekhyun on his phone and asking him to come home and help. I doubted Baek heeded him. He was testing Lu ge's patience again. LOL. I wonder what would happen once they arrived home.

 

Speaking of which, my brothers managed to do something only they would be able to do, when they went to the Kim's house. Tao and Baekhyun gege dipped their feet in what they thought was the swimming pool, but actuallly, it was the Koi pond. LOL. Jin saw them and scolded them right away. Jin had told everyone not to touch anything or do anything else, except help with carrying some stuff from the garage into the house. His father had hired movers, but they were still on the road with their other stuff. Jin was in charge, and my brothers and the Min kids went there to sort of "help." So that was the main reason why they were laughing their butts off when they came home. They were so noisy that Kris, who was upstairs, went bounding down with eyebrows meeting in the middle.

 

Kris: What is this?

Baek: Uh...

Kris: Mind your mouths please. Or you will scrub my car clean for the rest of the school year.

Tao: Buzz killer. *snorts*

Kris: What was that, Zitao?

Tao: Nothing ge, nothing.

 

And Kris went back up. Chanyeol was all smiles even while Kris ge was scolding them. He giggled and poked Baekhyun by the sides. Baekhyun retaliated by slapping Chanyeol's arm away. Kris glared at them before he went up the stairs. Chanyeol's arm hung in mid-air as he saw Kris' devil stare. LOL. I was waiting for them to tell the whole story, but no one gave me that. They kept on laughing and mentioning things like "fish food" , "lucky fish" , "feet fish" , "hahahahahahahahaha!"

 

I looked at Soo oppa, who surprisingly went with the boys. He grinned at me and chuckled. But then, he spoke.

Soo: Baek ge was lounging by the fishpond and he took off his slippers and dipped his feet. We didn't know it was a fishpond, though. There was no fish...yet.

Tao: I saw a fish after I withdrew my feet. Hehehehe.

Baek: It looked like a pool orz. It was wide like a swimming pool.

Tao: Sort of like our backyard pool. Hahahaha. 

Chanyeol: Good thing it wasn't a piranha pond. *ROFL*

Sehun: Jin hyung said it was off limits, but you two still went there.

Baek: I didn't hear.

Sehun: I heard him.

Baek: Well, the fish didn't die. Did it?

Chanyeol: No, it didn't die. But if your feet were smelly, I'm sure it would faint. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Kai: I pity the fish orz. LOL.

 

And laughter all over the house. No one bothered to consider the dragon gege upstairs. Xiumin oppa appeared on the back door, drying his hair with his towel and grinning.

 

Xiumin: What's with the smelly feet I hear?

Chen: I wonder how a fish faints. Let's go back and try?

Sehun: And be banned from going back there.

Chen: I don't mind, as long as I find out how a fish faints. ANybody of you got smelly feet right now?

Xiumin: What the--?

Chanyeol: Baekhyun hyung, can I smell your feet? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Baek: Shut up Channie. I think your feet smell more than mine, to be honest.

 

Chen went down on all fours and started smellling feet. The boys who were around him scampered off and climbed the sofa, chairs and the nearest table. Xiumin flicked Chen's head.

 

Xiumin: Oi... I just came from swimming. My feet smells like heaven.

Chen: Don't worry hyung. I didn't mean to smell your feet. I wanted to smell the brats' feet. LOLOLOLOLOL.

Tao: My feet smells like Gucci orz.

Chen: Then come down here and let me smell your feet.

Tao: Meiliao.

Chen: Luhan ge... can I smell your feet?

Baek: It smells like roses orz.

Kai: ...and perfume. Hahaha.

Chen: Oh yeah. Our Lulu jiejie is vain. I forgot. LOL.

Luhan: Shut up. Now. Or I'll feed you to their piranha.

Baek/Chen: Okay, sorry.

Chanyeol: *muttering* But they didn't have a piranha....

Luhan: Chanyeol.

Chan: Nothing, ge.

 

Lay was oblivious to what was happening. He didn't join in the laughter earlier. He was busy with what he was doing. His dimples were showing. Signs of focus and intense thinking. Luhan was the opposite. He laughed earlier. But when his name came up as the reason for the joke, he immediately turned into monster gege. Heheheh.

 

Sehun: Yoon Gi hyung also dipped his feet, though.

Tao: But Jin didn't see him. He was busy scolding me and Baek ge.

 

The talk about the Koi pond and dipping of feet continued in the backyard. The boys trooped there as Luhan shooed them away. Xiumin went upstairs to change his clothes and didn't come back down. He probably found something else to do. I felt sleepy and sprawled myself on the sofa. Because Luhan ge was within eyesight, no one else bothered me while I was sleeping. I just felt someone raise my head and replace it as I heard the TV being . I blinked open my eyes and found Tao ge sitting where the throw pillow was. So I was using his lap as pillow. Baek was sitting on the armchair, and Kai was on the floor. Tao switched the channel to a car racing one. I rolled my eyes and went back to sleep. I was woken up again with someone poking my cheeks. It was Kai. He was poking my cheeks with chopsticks. They called delivery and ordered chao fan. I felt hungry, so I sat up and grabbed the chopsticks. Kai chuckled and handed me my share. It was almost lunch though, but Soo was still preparing our food. He had Chen and Chanyeol help him. Luhan and Lay had transferred their stuff on the living room table and were sitting on the floor. The TV was switched to AXN with an anime program. Baek ge was in front of the lappy typing away. He probably decided to help out at last. LOL. Kris ge was sitting at the kitchen counter watching Soo mix ingredients on a bowl. Chen and Yo oppa were frying something. It smelled like pork ribs. I inhaled the scent.

 

Me: What time will papa and mama come home?

Tao: I don't know. Maybe late tonight.

Sehun: I'll call mama.

Me: No, it's okay. I just wanna know.

Sehun: I thought that papa will stay more at home since they moved their office here. But it looks like he'll be staying there more because it's near home. 

Luhan: OTL. I know what you mean and I was also thinking that. But, let's just be happy that papa is just a phonecall away now. Mama, too.

Kai: It's still the same, actually. We only ever talk to him on the phone.

Lay: Hmmm... Do you think the food's ready now?

Xiumin: What?

 

Apparently, Lay ge fell asleep on the floor and he was rubbing his eyes and turning his head in the kitchen's direction. Xiumin oppa almost choked on his chao fan when Lay ge asked. The topic was about papa and mama and their hours of coming back home, but he suddenly said something out of topic. As usual. LOL.

 

Lay: I said, if the food's ready now.

Luhan: Eat your chao fan. Here.

Lay: Oh, who ordered?

Luhan: I thought you were paying attention earlier. You were asleep...OTL

Lay: Obviously. I looked awake, right?

Luhan: Without a doubt.

Baek: Hey, Lu ge... How's this?

 

He showed Luhan his work on the lappy. Luhan nodded and patted Baek on the back for a job well done. Baek sighed deeply and picked up his chao fan and started eating. It was a good 30 minutes until Soo finished preparing everything. Kris was dipping his finger on the leftover cake mixture that Soo was baking. Chanyeol reached out his long arms and dipped a finger too. Soo wasn't looking at them, and even if he was, I knew he wouldn't mind as long as it was leftover. He called us all to sit at the table. Chen finished setting the table and since the cake was for dessert, Soo left it to bake until it was done. While we were eating, Kris suddenly spoke.

 

Kris: So, if you messed with their koi pond, where was the real swimming pool?

Baek: Uh...

Sehun: Rooftop, ge.

Kris: Rooftop?

Sehun: Yes.

Baek: You were snooping, too. Weren't you?

Sehun: I was not. Jungkook told me.

Tao: Oh, so he conveniently forgot to tell us, then?

Sehun: No. You were not listening.

Baek: Oh yeah. I was busy cooling off my tired feet already. Hahahaha.

Kai: To be honest, it looked like a swimming pool. LOL.

Luhan: This pool topic is not over yet? 

Chen: No. Apparently not. Not until you let me smell your feet, ge.

Kris: We are on the lunch table, Chen. Watch your mouth.

Chen: Sorry ge.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I was invisible that day. Invisible in the sense that I didn't really talk much. I let my dear brothers amuse me with their antics. Kai, Tao, Sehun and Baek went out after lunch with their skateboards. Chanyeol passed going with them and resorted to asking Chen and Lay to play on the XBox in their room. Suho was in the room and kicked them out when he saw they wanted to play videogames inside. They came back down and plugged the XBox on the TV. They can't play in Chen's room either, because Luhan warned them not to. Not in Lay's room too, because Soo and Xiumin went to sleep...got tired swimming. LOL. Luhan was still on the laptop in the living room and he was finalizing something. I sat beside him on the floor. He was making a sort of project proposal, or was that what it was called? Hehehe. I didn't know. There was also the poster that he and Lay ge made. 

 

Me: Gege, is that the poster for the resort?

Luhan: Shi-ah. Zhe shi suo shu yige. That's the one.

Me: It's cool.

Luhan: You think so?

Me: Yes, I think so.

Luhan: Good. Papa will like it, then.

Me: I'm sure he'd like it.

Kris: Hey, Lu...

Luhan: Ssup?

Kris: What do you think of this? Can you add this somewhere?

 

He was setting up his laptop beside Luhan's on the table and thumbed through some files and clicked on one. He did make his own project proposal upstairs earlier. Hihihihihi.

 

Luhan: Hmm... That could work. Wait, can you send it to me...?

Kris: Ayt. Hold on.

 

He then wired both the laptops together and sent the file. He was smiling smugly, obvious that he was rather proud of his work, because Luhan said it could work. LOL. Kris gege wasn't the best at arts, but he was sure smart. His toilet papers find their way in girls' bags in school. I didn't know how they managed to smuggle them from gege, but sometimes, I overhear and see girls giggling over his sketches on toilet paper/napkins in the girl's comfort rooms. Kris gege's hobby of doodling on any blank surface always gets the better of him when it came to his fangirls. He would doodle during lunch in the cafeteria and even in class. The junior and senior's campus was on the other block, but juniors still had some classes in the middle school campus. Now that Kris ge was a senior, he would only be found in their campus and if he takes lunch with us.

 

Anyway, Luhan was nodding to himself as he edited his work and incorporating Kris' add-on. The three boys who were playing with the XBox were noisy, but Luhan didn't mind. He was in full concentration as he edited his file. Kris was humming a song. I turned to look at him as if to ask what he was humming, and he raised his eyebrows at me, poked my cheeks, and chuckled. I rolled my eyes. I had the feeling that he wasn't going to give me that. He laughed and I slapped his arm repeatedly. OTL.

 

Kris: Oww...owwwww...Stop! Hahahaha.

Me: Bully.

Luhan: Shhhh...

Me: Kris ge is bullying me *slapping Kris' arm*

Kris: I'm a battered gege. Hahahaha. 

 

He was laughing even if I was already hitting him. I wasn't hitting him that hard, though. But I was annoyed because he was subtlely bullying me. Luhan just kept on shushing us. I slapped his arm too. He turned to me and opened his mouth in shock.

 

Luhan: What did I do?

Me: Ughh...

Luhan: Zhen de...wo zai zuo shenme?

Me: You bully me too. Ugh...

Luhan: Wha--?

Kris: Xiao Yi-ah. Gege is sorry. *Failed aegyo*

 

LOL. I snorted and stifled laugh. I have cute, idiot brothers. Hahahah. I pinched Kris ge's cheeks and laughed. He hung his head down in surrender and huffed. I pinched Luhan's cheeks too. He winced and made a face, but didn't protest. Hah! Little sister gets her way.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Papa didn't say when he'll launch the resort in Thailand, but as early as now, he was already working on the preparations for the launch. And my older brothers were a part of it. Papa was sure to be honing their skills and capabilities to run the business. And my brothers were taking everything seriously, like it was a matter of life and death. I'm sure they wanted to make papa and mama proud of them. Baekhyun wasn't too excited about his task, but he still did it anyway. He wasn't one to revel at the thought of being a Wu heir. LOL. He was minding his own business and taking everything in slow steps.But as for the three oldest brothers, they couldn't be laxed now. Xiumin and Suho oppa didn't have a task yet, but I'm sure that once papa gave them their share of responsibilities in terms of work, they'd focus on doing it right.

 

If I wasn't mistaken, Xiumin and Suho oppa will be given tasks related to managing the hotel and resort. Administrative work, as Suho ge puts it. The planning and marketing were given to Luhan, Lay and Baekhyun. Kris task would be the poster boy, I guess. LOL. He'd be the frontliner in advertising. One look at him and clients from all over Beijing and whoever sees his ad, will come trooping to our resort. xP 

 

We, the younger kids, will just have to sit back and relax and wait for our turn when we get older. For now, we'll just savor the freedom spending the money that papa and mama make. LOL. Oh, and of course, do household chores when the housekeepers are on holiday and day-off.

 

To be honest, I was excited for the new business that papa was venturing into. It's one big leap for him, since he stayed in real estate for almost half his life. True, it would put us in the limelight, but it's something we could call our own and be proud of. Papa was well-known because of his boss, and he was more known now that he had a business of his own. And we, his children, were in the limelight with him and mama. I could almost hear the gossip about papa and his trysts before. And how he has 13 kids with different mothers. OTL. Not that it wasn't known in school, but to make it more public was kind of a humiliation in my other brothers' part. Their mothers would be put in the limelight as well. Something that my brothers were not happy about. Even though papa was sort of a public figure, the women in his past should never be put under the microscope. And I worried about my own mother. Reporters would probably follow her around and ask controversial questions. Ugh. I'm sure my brothers worried about her, too. Tao and Sehun the most, because they were really close with mama. 

 

Speaking of mothers, guess who turned up around dinner un-announced? Yep, without a call or text or any message that she was coming... 

 

Ding dong! Ding dong!

 

Luhan: Can someone get the door?

 

Papa and mama were going to be home late, papa had informed the oldies that morning already. So, we were not expecting them to be home around dinner. We were curious as to who was outside the gate at this time. We were all sitting at the dinner table already and Chanyeol volunteered to see who it was. The housekeepers went home just before making dinner, Lay and Soo volunteered to cook again.

 

Everyone was happily chatting at the table and joking with each other when Chanyeol returned. With someone behind him. We all turned to see who it was, because the heels of her stiletto shoes were making a loud clicking noise on the tiled floor to the dining room.

 

"Hi Kai, dear. Hi boys."

 

Kai: Eomma.....

 

His mouth fell open and he dropped his fork on the table.

 

Me: Yeah. I'm one of the boys again. 

 

Miss Kim: Kai, where is your papa?

 

OTL

 



 

Ninhao! It's been a month since I updated, neh? LOL. I'm sorry. I was really busy and I deliberately wanted to update a little slower than usual, because this story has just one chapter left (after this). xD  Well, one chapter before the epilogue. I did mention before, that I was planning to write a sequel, and it's already in the works. I hope you will continue to support and follow the Wu kids in that sequel. ♥ 

 

感谢您我的好朋友们。 [Thank you my friends] ^_^