His and Theirs: All 13 of Us (Part 10-B)

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us

Breakfast was like a court trial. LOL. Papa was asking Baek-gege about his penchant for dyeing his hair, and why he picked this time to dye it when he knew perfectly well that we were attending a formal party. And the color he chose was something that Papa didn't approve of. Why? It was purple. Yes, purple. But I liked it, however, I was not papa. Hahaha. He was the center of attention the whole breakfast. Well, aside from the regular bickering between Tao, Kai, and Se Hun-ge. Mama was in-charge of that, though.

Papa: Baekhyun... I never expected you to do something like this, son.

Baek: Duibuqi Papa. I'm really sorry. I forgot...

Papa: Hmmm... It's not that I don't like you to dye your hair or pierce your ears. But purple? 

Baek: *grinning* Eheheheeh... It looks cool..

Papa: I don't know about cool, but I don't want my son to look like a walking eggplant during the party. And I am rather disappointed with you. After breakfast, go with your Mama to the salon. 

Baek: Yes, papa.

Papa: I don't want this to be like the last time you played with your brother's hair. Remember when you experimented on picking Rainbow colors for Se Hun's hair?

Se Hun gasped. He didn't want to recall that dreadful day when he was almost shaved bald. LOL. Baek-gege had somehow managed to convince him to dye his hair in rainbow colors. I know. Maknae problems. Tsk, tsk.. We were laughing once it was done. Se Hun-ge looked like My Little Pony and  being teased by my prankster gege's. After a while, it grew on us, and we rather liked it. But it was at the time when our parents were to come back from travel. 

------------------------

There were only the 6 of us (Lu Han, Suho, Baekhyun, Tao, Se Hun, and me),  with Xiumin, Lay, Chanyeol, and Kai-gege who lived together at the time. The other boys moved in with us later. Papa almost shaved off Se Hun's head when he saw it. They just arrived and sat on the couch in the living room, mom asked for some tea from Suho-ge and Papa was reading the newspaper. Baek-gege was upstairs when they arrived and was just bounding down the stairs when he missed Lu Han ge's warning look. Se Hun and Tao-gege were behind him. This was 3 years ago. And I was 10! LOL.

They were chatting happily about trying on a new sport, skateboarding. Papa just made one glance up the stairs while the boys were not paying attention. Lu Han-ge was with me and Kai-gege, helping with our homework. The others were out by the pool. They all rushed in when they heard Papa swearing so loudly.

Papa: What did you think you were doing?!?!? Were you even thinking?!?!?! Answer me NOW! 

Se Hun: Papa... it's not me... (He was about to cry)

Papa: And who did this to you?!?! 

Se Hun: ---- (But he pointed at Baekhyun who cowered and lowered his head)

Papa: Wu Baekhyun!!! Explain NOW. (Yes, our last name is Wu)

Se Hun stepped back and went over to mama and sat beside  her. Lu Han instinctively came beside me and covered my ears. But I could still hear -them anyway. Xiumin-ge covered Kai's ears while Suho-gege led us out to the backyard, by the pool. They were worried we would witness something undesirable. But thank you very much, none of that kind happened. LOL. We still could hear Papa swearing and repeating "Rainbow! For heaven's sake!" over and over again. I can almost see mama covering Se Hun's eyes and ears, because they didn't follow us outside.

We could hear Baek sobbing, "Wo hen baoqian Papa. I'm sorry. I only wanted to see what it would look like."

Papa: But your brother's hair? I'm surprised you didn't do it on your own hair! Wait- no. I'm glad you didn't do it to your hair either. But Baekhyun, please. Son, your brother is not a toy or doll. If you must try new things, tell me or your mama. If we are not here, there's Lu Han, Suho.. and your Xiumin-ge. You understand?

Baek: Yes papa. Duibuqi papa.

Papa: And your hair! I take back what I said earlier! It's BLUE!!! Maybe I should shave both your heads, you and Se Hun. Oh god. What have I done wrong except work hard for you kids? 

Baek: -----

We didn't hear anymore. We were actually curious if Papa was already shaving off their hair. LOL. Xiumin-ge as the oldest, went to peek through the side garden door that (from the outside) overlooks the living area. We waited for him to return, and when he came back he just raised his thumb up; meaning everything was fine, and no heads were shaved. We all sighed in relief, but decided to wait by the pool before going back inside. We needed papa to calm down first, or else, all of us were going to get it. 

Then we saw Baek and Se Hun coming toward us. They had sullen look on their faces. Probably grounded for a year or so. Hahahaha. That time, Timbuktu wasn't known yet, because it came when Chen-gege and the other boys moved in with us at the new home. Anyway, we learned that Baek and Se Hun got grounded alright. No videogames or going out to the park for a week. Papa was seriously considering shaving off Se Hun's hair because he was so mad. In the end, he sort of gave up and let it be. He was kinda worried to have him dye his hair again, since it was only a few days that has passed after Baek-gege had experimented on it. LOL.

-------------------

So there we were at breakfast listening to court proceedings. LOL.  None of us ate actually, while Papa was "grilling" Baekhyun. Aside from the hair color, papa also mentioned his penchant for repainting his skateboard and his bike. His board looked like a graffiti wall now and his bike looked like a Boa Constrictor. Hahaha. Good thing papa didn't learn about Xiumin-ge's car that he almost crashed. I bet Xiumin-ge was afraid he'd be the one scolded and not Baek. LOL. He somehow managed to convince our oldest brother to do a "test drive" around the village. Good thing Xiumin-ge was with him, otherwise- junkyard scrap metal! Hahaha! And to think it was the very first car Papa bought for the oldest boys.

Papa: I don't know where you got your penchant for -uh-redesigning- things, it's unusual, but son, please do be careful. We are not sending you to some crappy school to learn. I am paying a great deal of money for all of you just to be in your schools. I don't believe your teachers would teach you any of the things you've been doing. 

Baek: No papa.

Papa: Right. And purple! I would have let it pass if it was brown or dark brown- no, I don't think I will even do that. My son, an eggplant. Mama, please.

Mama: Of course dear. Now, Baek... I'm going to make the appointment for the salon in an hour or two. If you must go "check that park out," be careful and do not stay long. 

Then she turned to Lu Han and Kris.

Mama: Lu Han, don't leave your brothers. Kris, I trust you'd go and help Lu Han?

Lu Han: Yes mama.

Kris: You can count on me mama.

Mama: Alright then, finish your food. (She eyed all of us and saw we were not eating) All of you.

And everybody started to eat. Sometimes I feel like I knew where Lu Han gege got his "Lu Han law" aura. LOL. He's very much like mama in a lot of ways. Mama may look timid or meek, but deep inside, she is a fighter. She didn't even surrender or gave up on papa. I see Lu Han-ge in her. He's very charismatic and can get what he wants without really even trying (not even doing aegyo) and can silence a room with just a raise of his 2 fingers forming the peace sign-- and no one would complain- or dared to disobey.