Paparazzi?

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us

 

 

Baekhyun:

 

You thought I crashed the car? Hah! Nope. You're wrong. PMSL. I didn't crash it. Something crashed into it, actually. OTL. 

 

"Hyungggg! You chipped off that signboard!"

"Hyung! I wanna live to see another day!"

"Baekhyun ge...let me out..let me out!" 

 

Yeah, yeah. I didn't see it. Alright. I did crash into the signboard in front of the restaurant... beside one of the oak trees surrounding the property. Oh well, the van's okay, I think. Or not. I immediately got out and checked the front. Just a little paint scraped off the hood. LOL. Nothing a good wiping can't do. Baekhyun's in-charge here, ya know. I'm fab. I climbed back in the van and inhaled deeply.

 

And there was this guy on his bicycle who crashed trying to avoid us. OTL. I think he was drunk or something. This early in the morning and he was drunk? Geez. Tsk, tsk. I peeked on the rear-view mirror. Dang it! That guy worked for grandpa. Because I saw him make his way to the front of the restaurant. ! Ooops... I hope he won't tell on me. Or else. Wu Bai Xian's fab-ness would be replaced with "failure"  *rolling eyes*

 

Me: Okay, guys. Here's the deal, nobody tell anyone else about what happened.

Tao: Or what?

Me: Or I'll kick you out of this van. Hello? If mama or papa knew, do you think I would be the only one to be punished?

Tao: I would plead my case.

Me: You can try, but you all are going down with me. One for all, all for one.

Chen: Ohana means family and family means no one gets left behind.

Chan: Even if it means being shipped off to boarding school.

Kyungie: Okay, okay. I won't tell. Just be careful now, hyung. I wanna live to see another day.

Me: Of course. I was just...excited. OTL

 

Yeah, yeah. I know. I was overly excited. First time driving unsupervised. Hehehe. As if there was a big scrape on that paint. OTL. I know. I'm toast if mama finds out. Nobody spoke again as I drove. Kai just pointed and grunted as he helped me navigate. At last, we finally arrived at the place. I stopped the van and patted myself. Good job, Baekhyun. You didn't crash the van. Your brothers and sister are alive. Good job.

 

We got out of the van and walked over to the lake's edge. There wasn't any houses or buildings around, just the cemented road and the grassy lake's edge. There weren't people walkin about the area, too. I wondered how Kai managed to find this place. Did he really sneak out in the night to take a walk and find an awesome place like this or what?

 

Chen: This is daebak! I wanna go dive now. But... we forgot to bring towels orz.

Sehun: Or change of clothes.

Kai: We could always strip down.

Xiao Yi: And look like idiots...I'm a girl. Hello?

Kai: Ahh...I forgot you were a girl, meimei. Eheheh.

Xiao Yi: I know. You always forget you have a sister. LOL.

Me: So, what do we do? It's a fact we can't go diving or swimming now.

Tao: Phuket sounds like heaven now.

Kai: Yeah.

Sehun: I could've sneaked to the airport, you know.

Chan: And how would you have done that?

Sehun: Sleep in the car and show up at the airport. I know papa won't drive me back here, so he would've just bought me a ticket to go with them.

Kyungie: Genius.

Chen: Why didn't you tell me before? We could've done it together ya know. *flicks Sehun's head*

Sehun: Hyunggggggg...

 

Chen chuckled and sat on the grass. We followed his lead. I made sure the doors of the van were locked and the windows, too. Not that anybody could steal it now. There was practicall nobody else there at this time. It was a good hour before we decided to go back to the house. Kyungie pleaded, actually. He was itching to go to the restaurant kitchens and get pointers. Kai wanted to sleep. I wanted to eat. Again. The sound of free food at grandpa's restaurant boosted my energy. Hehehe.

 

We arrived at the restaurant in one piece. You know what I mean. OTL. I parked the van expertly in front. Yup. If driving wasn't my forte, parking was my baby. LOLOLOLOLOL. Wu Bai Xian rules orz. As soon as I got out of the van, I could smell food coming from the restaurant kitchen. Yummmm... All of us made our way to the entrance. Grandpa's attendants greeted us and ushered us in. Gramma was there with mama. She was probably showing here around the renovated area of the resto.

 

We sat at the table nearest the counter. Gramma saw us and beamed. She looked like a really nice old lady. Aheheh. She was, but she was a strict old lady orz. I wondered how Kai was able to endure one week here. I gotta say, old ladies are scarier than old men. *shudder* Don't tell gramma, okay? Grandpa appeared from out of the kitchen hallway. He saw us too and waved a hand at us, meaning to follow him. We all stood up and walked single file to the kitchen, Kyungie in the lead. Foooooood... I can almost taste whatever it was that the cooks were cooking. Ahhhhh...

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Of course, we ate hearty meals during our stay at grandpa Wu's. Wu camp didn't seem so bad after all. Lucky for me, that bicycle-riding dude who crashed in front of the van didn't tell on us. I think he was really drunk and didn't want to get sacked if he was found out to have been drinking before going on duty. I was safe from boarding school, thank god.

 

Since we were only staying in Wu camp for 3 days, there wasn't much to do there. We followed Kai all around the place as he showed us the haunts he discovered during his week's stay before. We got to see the markers that papa had dug on the path to the ancestor shrine by the little hill. We were also able to finally go diving at the lake. Mama went with us, too. Surprised? LOL. Don't be. She and papa used to go on a date by the lake before, she confessed to us. Kyungie got the giggles. Tao got the giggles. Heck, even Jongdae and Chanyeol. PMSL. I tried to hide it, but I also got the giggles. Kai, Xiao Yi and Sehun just raised their eyebrows. Kids. LOL. If I didn't know better, I'd have believed their masks of innocent faces. Younger than me as they were, I knew they also got the giggles. Mama didn't talk much, but when she did, everyone around her just listened. She just has that effect on people. That's where Luhan ge got his charm. He was mama's male counterpart. No wonder papa trusted him so much. He reminded him of mama. I wonder who papa was reminded of when he sees me. Hmmm...

 

Anyway, then came the day when we were supposed to go back to Fengtai district. Grandpa saw us off outside the restaurant. Gramma packed several lunchboxes for us, even though it was only a 2-hour drive home. We didn't decline of course. Kyungie personally asked for grandpa for the recipes of their bestsellers and he was excited to try cooking them when we arrived. He asked mama if we could drop by the supermarket and buy some ingredients that weren't in our pantry. Mama allowed me to drive halfway home. I was excited again. Of course. Who wouldn't? I concentrated on driving, made sure I followed traffic rules. I knew she would tell papa about me driving. So I wanted to impress her. Who knows, papa might allow me to drive one of the family cars once in a while? I could use some practice. How else would I be able to drive expertly if I didn't get to practice? Exactly. I know you are with me on this. 

 

Mama drove the last half, and 3 blocks away from home, I thought I saw someone familiar by the roadside. Looks like a family unloading big boxes from a van and a Range Rover. Mama drove by the cars and I realized why I thought that guy looked familiar. Actually, all of us looked out of the window with mouths hanging wide open. It was Min Yoon Gi. Holy eff! I thought it was only the Kims who were moving to Beijing.

 

"Yoon Gi-ah!"

 

Chanyeol shouted. He had rolled the window all the way down and stuck his head out. The other boy turned his head toward the sound and when he saw Chanyeol's head, he smiled. He couldn't wave at us, because he was carrying a big box in his hands. Mama drove a little slower to acknowledge Mr. and Mrs. Min who were also carrying some boxes and who turned their heads when Chanyeol shouted.

 

"See you later!"

 

Chanyeol waved at them and sat back down. He was grinning from ear to ear. I could see the sun's rays reflecting on his teeth from his 10 thousand watt smile. So, if the Min family were here 3 blocks away from our house, that meant they were neighbors with the Kims. Fun times. Not. At least not for Luhan and the other hyungs. LMAO. I could sense Kris ge barricading our house and planting a sort of transponder on Xiao Yi. PMSL. I didn't mind having the Mins or Kims over at our house, though. I could use some more skateboarding buddies aside from my dongsaengs. We could even form a team at school, provided that they went to our school, too.

 

One block away from our house. What's happening? Why are there a lot of cars on this street? This particularly boring street... Unless there was an accident ahead. Or...a crime... OMG no way. If this was on our block, did that mean- our house? OMONA!

 

"What is going on here?"

 

Mama was stunned as well. I could see her brows meet and pursed her lips from the rearview mirror. I was seated beside her, but I didn't turn my head to look at her. She wasn't comfortable when people were looking at her. LOL. Yeah, that's our mom.

 

Me: I don't know.

Tao: Those cars. Why are they here?

Me: Your guess is as good as mine.

Kai: The Mins are here in Fengtai. I bet those are paparazzi.

Chen: Then why are they on our block?

Sehun: Because they are our paparazzi.

Kyungie/Tao: How can you be so sure?

Sehun: Easy. I only got about a hundred notifications on my Facebook from an instagram picture. Likes and comments. On a picture I didn't even post.

 

Confusion. Mama drove slowly between the cars as we neared our driveway. I looked ahead as I asked Sehun, "What? Huh? I don't get you."

 

Sehun: Apparently, Lay ge posted a picture of the new property in Phuket and tagged us. It's automatically posted on his Facebook. Naturally, people would see it and comment/like. Some of those comments have pictures posted of them taking their selca in front of our house. (He was thumbing his phone screen)

 

"What? My house...Oh dear... What is going on here?"

 

Mama screeched to a halt. We were home. I didn't notice it. Because the gate was covered in flowers and people. Yes. People taking selcas. Most of them were girls. I knew some of the faces. OTL. Some were posting sticky notes on the gate. Luhan's fanclub members. Daebak. Them girls were here full force. If papa knew... Oh, how I wanted to see papa's reaction to these. LOL. Mama honked at the people who were blocking the driveway. Surprisingly, they gave way to the car. I got out of the van to punch in the coordinates to unlock the gate. As I walked to the gate, I heard a soft click of a camera right by my right side. Fan girls. Damn. Why?

 

"Baekhyun! Baekhyun! Gege!"

 

I heard her alright. But I didn't turn my head to look at her. Mama was waiting for me to open the gate. I just hoped the fangirls won't rush inside or else. Man, they should start calling security now. I reached the keypad and typed the combi. Gate's opened, I went in first. I didn't wanna wait outside. I was scared. PMSL. Mama carefully drove and parked the car inside. The gate automatically closed.

 

Mama got out of the van, fished out the keys to the front door and we followed her, dragging our feet and backpacks. Once all of us were inside the house, she threw the keys on the coffee table. She had both her hands on her hips and looked murderous.

 

"Okay. Somebody explain to me right now, what is going on outside?"

 

"Ma....What did I do?"

 

"I don't know, mama."

 

"Me, neither."

 

"I'm sure I didn't do anything, ma."

 

"We were together at grandpa's...I don't know mama."

 

"It's...-"

 

"It's Lay gege's fault."

 

Leave it to Sehun to make all these awkward. All of us exchanged looks of fear for Lay ge.

 

"Wu Yixing... What did you do?"

 

Mama had dialled his number even before I could text Lay gege. I bet they were at the airport now. I knew someone was going to be shipped to boarding school this year. And it wasn't me. 

 

 



 

Little by little, this story is closing. Not gonna do a long AN. xD  This is followed by the ***Meanwhile in Phuket chapter. LOL Lay. Good luck. 加油!加油 吴氏兄弟!LOL. Jiayou! Hwaiting Wu brothers! Specially Lay. Hehehe. xD (coz Xiao Yi is mostly considered as a Wu brother. LOL =P )