His and Theirs: All 13 of Us (Part 9)

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us
I wasn't really a nosey sister, but somehow I was intrigued by Kris and Lu Han-gege's current "extra-curricular" activity.  They were well aware of Papa's conditions when it comes to girls, and it seemed to me like they were not being serious about this particular girl. I was betting on the fact that they were only curious as to what made the girl approach Lu Han and boldly ask him to be her to a party. And when Lu Han got tongue-tied to agree to her offer, she had hit on Kris-gege.

Personally, I didn't like the girl right away. I mean, there are lots of ways to ask a guy out, but to approach my brother like that, without even introducing herself, well that's just suspicious. And to pick Lu Han and Kris of all guests. I can be possessive with my brothers, specially from people like this girl. I don't mind them talking or dating girls, as long as they're not as fresh and flirty- y- as this one.

This was one of the times that I wish I had a sister, or even that I was a boy. I can't just talk to any of them about stuff like this. LOL. I'm always having a hard time keeping things for myself when it comes to stuff like this. I don't have that many friends at school, because I was a loner. And with the few girl friends I had, I didn't feel at ease talking to them much about my brothers. And to make matters worse, while I was spacing out thinking all of these, I saw, from the corner of my eye, the girl shifting from her seat trying to catch Kris-gege's attention again. Does she even know my brother is barely legal? I know he's tall and all that, but please?

I probably looked really annoyed, because Yeolie who was seated across me, waved his hand and asked, "Are you okay?" I immediately nodded and smiled. But I could tell he wasn't fooled. He creased his eyebrows and asked again, "Sure you're okay?"

Me: Yup. I think I'm just sleepy Yo-oppa.

Chan: Maybe we should get you upstairs now? Papa, can I be excused? Actually, Xiao Yi's sleepy...

Papa: Ahh, okay. That's fine. You can accompany your sister. Lu Han, are you done? Go up with them. We'll just talk tomorrow morning. I think we have enough time this week for talking.

Lu Han: Shi de, Papa. I'm done. Come on Xiao Yi...

He helped me up. Although I wasn't really sleepy, I just let them lead me up to our room. I couldn't bear seeing that girl's face again. I just hoped she doesn't corner Kris-gege on the elevator and whisk him away, or else- I'll tell Papa. LOL. I turn into a little tigress when I'm mad. I mean who wouldn't with this kind of situation? And my brothers were just so cool about it. I couldn't understand boys, even if I live with 12 of them.

When we reached the floor of our room, I sighed a little loudly and my two brothers asked in unison, "Are you okay?"

Me: Uh-huh. I mean, yes gege. I'm okay.

Chan: You probably had too much Bubble Tea. *snicker, snicker*

Lu Han: What does Bubble Tea have to do with it?

Chan: Nothing. I forgot I still have Bubble Tea left, I placed it inside the fridge.

Me: Oh, so it was yours!

Chan: Yes. Why? Did you drink it?

Me: No, but if I knew, I would have. Hehehe.

Lu Han opened the door to our suite and went in, held the door while I and Chan stepped in. Before he closed the door, he stuck his head outside as if to check for people possibly lurking outside our door. If I hadn't known about that girl, I would have found his action really funny and weird. But since I somehow unintentionally heard about the concierge incident, I couldn't help but wonder if Lu Han-gege was avoiding the girl knowing where our suite was. For the first time, since I witnessed the flirtatious exchange at dinner before, I felt relieved. I sighed again. Too loudly, I guess, since both my brothers eyed at me with worried looks on their faces.

Chan: Hmmm... come here.

He was already standing near the door of our room, and I was still standing fixed in the living room. Lu Han-gege had closed the door and walked over to where I was. He nudged me by the shoulders, and I looked up at him and made a face, then walked over to Yo-oppa. Lu Han walked beside me, and at the same time he raised his hand up to my forehead, feeling my temperature.

Lu Han: No fever. That's good. But you still look bad. Better turn in early. Papa'll check up on us later.

Chan: Yup, no fever. Go change your clothes, then go to sleep. (He also placed his hand on my forehead.)

I didn't say anything, but nodded, got my change of clothes and proceeded to the bathroom. Actually, I felt a little better now. All anger, annoyance, and irritation subsided. I went back to the room after washing up. Lu Han and Chan also had their change of clothes and towel. As soon as they saw I was back, Chan went out for his turn to wash up. Lu Han was last. I sat on the bed, hugged a pillow, and leaned on the headboard.

When Chan returned from the shower, Lu Han went for his turn. Chan sat beside me and took a pillow, hugged it too, and leaned on the headboard. We just sat there like that, not talking. We waited for Lu Han-gege to finish. Lu Han-ge returned and sat on the bed on my other side. He spoke first.

Lu Han: Papa'll want us to sleep here to make sure you're okay. Tao and Se Hun would have to sleep on the other room.

Me: And Kai-oppa...

Lu Han: The other suite.

Me: No, he doesn't want to sleep beside Chen-gege.

Lu Han: Ahhh... I cannot decide on that.

Now that our parents were here, decisions fall on Papa and Mama on special situations like this. Hehehe. But I would bet my last dollar that Kai would have what he wanted. And he won't sleep next to Chen-ge. LOL.

Chan: I wish I brought my guitar with me. I could play the guitar for you and sing you to sleep.

Me: Awww.. you two being here with me is more than enough. Although I am not afraid of sleeping alone. I am alone in my room at home, remember?

Chan: Yes, but this is a different place. We are not home.

Lu Han: Shhhh... Go to sleep now. You're just a little lady. Not until you are 17, you're not a grown up yet.

Me: That's only 4 years to go.

Lu Han: 4 years is a long time. By that time, I'd still be 4 years older than you, and you still would have to follow what I say.

Me: No way.

Chan: Yes way. I doubt Papa will let his only daughter be put under a bad situation.

Me: You baby me too much. I'm not bratty like Se Hun-gege. I can do things on my own. I don't always need Mama or Papa.

Lu Han: Yep, unfortunately. Hahaha. You are the girl, yet your brothers are the ones who act like girls.

Chan: I do not- I repeat- I do not act like a girl!

Lu Han: Not you Yeol. The maknaes.

Chan: Glad to have that cleared. And yeah, Se Hun always gets what he wants. Sometimes I want to be the youngest, but having to follow 9 Hyungs... that's hard. Hahaha.

Lu Han: I'm glad I'm the oldest, well, that's just a month difference with Xiumin-ge. But yes, I feel the weight of responsibility as an older brother. Specially since our family is not normal. Sometimes I wish I was a maknae. Hahahah.

Me: Try being me. Maknae. Only girl.

Lu Han/Chan: No way!

Me: Hahahaha!

Chan: Now you laugh. I think you feel better now. Still- go to sleep. Now.

That was a command, even if it was said in the most calm voice. I sank back on the bed. I pulled the blanket over me, ready to sleep.

Lu Han: They're not up yet. I wonder what's taking them so long...

Chan: I don't know. But as for me, I'm not waiting for them. Can I go to sleep now too, Gege?

Lu Han: Sure. I'll just keep my phone on, maybe I'll fall asleep too. Otherwise, they won't be able to come in. Unless they ask for a spare key.

Chan: Just leave the lights on in the living room.

Lu Han: I did, actually. Maybe I'll go to sleep too. They'll just call when they're up. I badly need to sleep.

So we slept. It wasn't until after an hour or two that I heard voices talking in hushed tones. Still, I woke up and opened my eyes. They were back from dinner. I just realized Tao and Se Hun-gege were beside me, already in their sleep clothes and counting off from 100 down to one. Chan and Lu Han-ge were talking with the others outside the room. Kai-oppa stepped in the room with his towel wrapped around his head and also in his sleep clothes. That instant, the two beside me stopped counting.

Me: You're back. What kept you so long?

Kai: Papa's boss arrived, and we had to "informally" meet him. Actually, we just said Hi, and Papa had to leave with his boss for a while. We just kept Mama and his boss' wife company.

Se Hun: We were escorts to corporate bosses' wives. Hahahah. It sounds weird.

Tao: Yeah, I know. She was nice, but I don't know about Papa's boss. He barely said Hi.

Kai: He was probably just waiting for the right moment to be nice?

Se Hun: Like tomorrow night?

Tao: Maybe?

Me: Party or no party, everyone has to be nice.

Se Hun: Maybe?

Kai: Ahhh, I don't care. I'm going skateboarding the next day. Hahaha.

Me: Gege, did Papa say what we're going to do tomorrow? You know, while waiting for the party? Can't we go out?

Kai: Hmmm.. Nope. Papa said we can't go out, like sightseeing or anything like that. But I guess we can stay by the pool. I might be able to practice swimming, so I can try out for the swim team. Hehehe.

Tao: I thought you didn't want that. You're already in the dance club.

Kai: I have to have a sport you know. I might not get the skateboarding team.

Tao: Aww bro, we're doing the skateboarding tryouts together, right? We're getting in.

Se Hun: And how about your Wushu?

Tao: I'll manage. Lu Han-gege can do Soccer and Math club. I can do it too.

Se Hun: But they don't do anything strenuous in Math club?

Kai: Hey, I almost flunked Math. I was sweating all over when I took my removal exams. Good thing Lu Han-gege helped.

Se Hun: Still, the books aren't as heavy as a skateboard.

Kai: Oh, some of it are. Don't tell me you've never brought your Math books in your bag?

Se Hun: No. I leave it in my locker at school. And someone carries it for me.

Tao: Oh, that's why you like them around you. You ask them to carry things for you.

Kai: Who? Allie's group? Hahahahahahahaha... Is she your girlfriend? Is that why you asked Mama? Hahahahaha...

Me: Se Hun-ge has a girlfriend!

I almost shouted it, but actually, I was just trolling. He clamped my mouth with his hand. But Tao-gege got off the bed and ran to the door. He stopped by the doorpost and said in a very clear voice, "Se Hun has a girlfriend!" And he ran to stand behind Lu Han-gege. We all got up because Se Hun started chasing Tao. The older boys stood shocked for a minute, then Lu Han suddenly snapped his fingers.

Lu Han: Alright, stop it now. Right now. Better have a good explanation if you don't want me to call Papa.

The two on a chase stopped immediately. I moved to where Chan was sitting with Suho-gege. I squeezed to sit in between them. Wow. I'll get to see a major event. Lu Han scolding Tao and Se Hun. I gotta see this. Again. LOL. Kai slipped past Lu Han and went to sit beside Baek-gege who was sitting on the floor.

Lu Han: You two, stand here.

Tao and Se Hun moved and stood in front of Lu Han. I bet they were mentally preparing their luggage for Timbuktu.

Lu Han: What time is it?

Tao: 10:54 PM.

Lu Han: Okay. And what were you doing tormenting Se Hun again?

Tao: I just-

Se Hun: He lied. I have no girlfriend.

Lu Han: It's not your turn to talk.

Se Hun: ----

The Lu Han law at it's best. Now for the best part.

Lu Han: Tao, I was asking you why you're tormenting Se Hun again. There can never be a day without you two bickering and trying to kill each other. I'm just a bit relieved Chen is not part of this trouble- or Kai.

Kai sat up straight, unbelieving that his name has been mentioned even if was not part of the chase. To be honest, I and Kai-gege was an accessory to the crime. If not for us, there wouldn't have been a chase. Hehehe. But we stayed put, afraid we'd also be on trial.

Tao: I just thought- I just really thought she's his girlfriend. Come on. They're always together at school. You don't know it because you go to a different school now.

Lu Han: And you're a hundred percent sure of that?

Tao: Uhm... maybe? I see them together.

His head was down, but he raised it up a little bit and looked questioningly at Lu Han.

Lu Han: Okay. Now, Se Hun...

Se Hun-gege bit his lower lip and dropped his head. He had both his hands behind his back.

Lu Han: Would you care to explain what is all these?

Se Hun: She said she likes me...

Lu Han: What?

Se Hun: I mean, she just want to be friends...

Lu Han: And?

His eyebrow was raised, he looked really amused. Then he paced back and forth in front of the two. Then deliberately stopped in front of Se Hun.

Se Hun: ----

Lu Han: Shall I take your silence for a "Yes, gege. I have a girlfriend and Tao is right?"

Se Hun: ---- (speechless, shakes head instead)

Lu Han: Fine. I'll take your word for it. And I'll have no more of this bickering and chasing around because of a girl. And it's almost midnight. You two hear me?

Tao/Se Hun: Yes Lu Han-ge.

Lu Han: Arrrgggghhhh, why do I have to be responsible for things like this! I'm going to sleep. Alright, you two, go back to bed. Go. You two, also. Now.

He pointed at me and Kai. We didn't waste any time, and we scrambled up and went to bed. We even made it before Tao and Se Hun were able to reach the door. Suho, Baek, and Chan made their way to their room too, without saying anything. They just nodded at us. Lu Han was actually fiercer than Kris or Xiumin-gege when it came to disciplining us younger siblings. Suho-gege was more fatherly, but he wasn't this fierce. He was one who exercised diplomacy, whereas we think Lu Han used the communist approach. LOL. But he was not all fierce and law. He was quite the prankster actually. Chen learned from his pranks. It was only when he turned 15 that he mellowed. That was when he became more serious in school and became Math club president, as well as captain of the Junior High Soccer team. That was also the time when he was given the responsibility over 5 younger siblings, Suho as his "second in command." That was the very time when Papa was able to provide for us all and bought the house. That was also the time that Papa got promoted and the rest of my brothers moved in with us, which meant more younger siblings to take care of.

And that was when the Lu Han Law was born.