His and Theirs: All 13 of Us (Part 12)

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us

The rest of the afternoon seemed blurry. Papa was to be seen with his phone on his ear, and his other phone recharging on his desk. I was sitting in his swivel chair in his study in our hotel suite. Mama arranged to have us all in their suite, so furniture were moved and rearranged. Papa’s boss was good friends with the Langham owner, so the arrangements were made without problems. I was betting my last dollar that it was really papa’s idea to have us all move in one suite. He wanted to monitor his children, although he didn’t want to be obvious about it. Papa was not the vocal type of person. Yes, we knew he loved us and mama, but he wasn’t the type who will say it often. He made up for it by showing he loved us, and by doing things for us.

 

The boys were playing poker in our makeshift bedroom. The dining room was made into our bedroom, and mattresses were strewn on the floor, so it looked like a cushioned floor with pillows.  The dining furniture was moved to the kitchen. No one was allowed to gallivant outside the suite anymore, so we just busied ourselves with whatever we could find or thought of.

 

 Papa didn’t seem to mind me sitting on his chair as he paced back and forth in front of me, talking on his phone. I leaned back and closed my eyes. I had earphones on, so I couldn’t really hear what papa was saying. I was almost asleep when I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was papa.

 

Papa: Xiao Yi, papa needs to work now. Go to your brothers.

Me: Oh, okay papa.

 

I got up and kissed his cheek. He smiled, and prodded me to move along. I found my brothers still playing poker, and I flopped down beside Yeol. Luhan gege was winning this round and he was against Baekhyun. The others were intently watching the “game” although Kai, Tao and Sehun were merely there to tease Baekhyun. Xiumin oppa was on his phone, talking to someone, and he was laughing. He was on the other side of the mattress-covered floor, so I wasn’t able to hear what he was saying. I was a curious little sister. LOL.

 

 I hugged Yeol’s arm and leaned on his shoulder. It was obvious that my favorites were him, Suho, Lu Han, and the youngest boys. I was rather afraid of Kris ge, because he looked dominating, but in reality he wasn’t. Xiumin oppa was the extreme one for me. There are times when he’d play with me and the younger boys, and there are times when he was just silent and went to do things on his own and stay in their room.

 

Yeol was beside Chen and Soo, who were busy checking Baekhyun’s cards. On my other side were Tao, Kai and Sehun. Lu Han and Baekhyun were facing each other. Lay was beside Xiumin on the other side of the room, with a pen and paper. Probably composing another song. Kris gege sat on his own in one corner with earphones on, and silently drumming his fingers on his knees.

 

Yeol: Xiao Yi, did papa shoo you already?

Me: Yes. Hahaha. I think I was bugging him with my presence.

Chen: Why? What were you doing anyway?

Me: Oh, nothing. I just sat there with my eyes closed, listening to music, and he just tapped me and said he’d be working already.

Yeol: Ah, you weren’t bugging him at all, then. We know papa’s a busy man, and he’s always working.

Chen: Yeah, I thought you’ve done something and he was annoyed. Hahaha.

Me: Of course not.

Suho: Hey, stop that.

 

I shot Chen oppa with a victorious look and stuck my tongue out. He did the same to me. LOL.

 

Chen: Stop what?

Suho: Whatever it is that you're doing. It's annoying already. 

Chen: Alright, alright.

Suho: You seem to forget that Papa is here. *scoffs*

Chen: ------ *glower*

 

But no one else said anything after that, knowing that Papa might hear and scold all of us. Yeah, all of us because we were all in one room and so no one was exempted. It seemed that Baekhyun was at his wits end trying to win over Luhan ge. He just spread his cards on the cushioned floor and sighed.

 

Baek: Fine, I  lose.

Luhan: Cough up. Gimme all you got.

Baek: Later okay, when we get home. You know I didn't bring all my funds with me.

Luhan: Okay, but you have no escape because there are many witnesses in this room. Hahaha

Baek: I don't cheat ge. I'm not a cheater. *scoffed*

Luhan: What's that face Baekhyun? *he narrowed his eyes*

Baek: Just annoyed at you ge.

Luhan: Fine. Just 20 bucks then. I'm okay with it. Just don't forget, ayt?

Baek: Of course.

 

Kris gege suddenly removed his headphones and took out his phone from his pocket. It was buzzing, someone was calling. He answered it.

 

Kris: Hello... Pa. Shi de..

 

Everyone was on attention. Luhan and Xiumin stared in disbelief, then automatically checked their phones, Luhan pulled his out from his pocket, and Xiumin fumbled on his phone. Then both slapped their foreheads. So Papa attempted to call them first. Well, he would usually call Luhan first or Xiumin. But the two oldest were busy with their own business that they didn't notice papa calling them. Xiumin oppa specially, because he was already talking on his phone and he didn't notice the call waiting. LOL. 

Papa's mode of communication with us were mostly done through phone, so even if we were in one place, he'd rather call than go out of his way to come and talk to us.  We listened to Kris ge. He eyed all of us and said, 

 

Kris: Pa, can I have you on speaker? ... Xiexie *and he the speaker phone*

Papa: It's 3 o'clock boys, get your things ready for tonight and come to my office. There has been a change of plan on the seating arrangement at dinner, so I'd like to brief you earlier.