His and Theirs: All 13 of Us (Part 4)

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us
Tao: Wait. What? Are we there yet?

Suho: No we're not even at the airport yet, but almost there. Wake up. Se Hun, Chanyeol.

Chan: Huh? Are we there yet?

Se Hun: I think so. I can hear Papa.

Suho: No, we are not yet there. You are still asleep Se Hun. Papa is not here.

Lu Han: Hahahaha. You heard Papa? Did he tell you that you're up for boarding school?

Se Hun: --- (He just glared)

Boarding school was like a horror movie to us. We know that there are boarding schools in the country that are really well-respected and have good reputation, but dad had mentioned that the boarding school he'll be shipping any one of us - lest we break any law- was not anywhere near China. Timbuktu. That's the place that Chen-oppa always mentions when he hears the word "boarding school." Although we do not know where exactly is the boarding school that dad was talking about, we just have an unspoken fear of the word. The fear of being away from home, being away from luxury, being away from skateboarding, being away from each other contributed to our aversion to that word.

Then, there are the stories from school that overseas boarding schools were really scary. That these schools prevent the use of electronic gadgets while in the campus. That students were only permitted to use cellphones, laptops, and even MP3s within their dormitories and not to be brought outside, otherwise it will be confiscated. And that there are military-like boarding schools...for boys... So, imagine the horror it brought my dear brothers? LOL.

I was not safe from these scary stories though. Because there are boarding schools for girls that are strict as a nun's convent is. Well, I don't really know how strict a nun's convent can be, but by just listening to the stories, it sent shivers down my spine. "Secluded from the outside world for an indefinite time." That's what it felt like.

Chan: We're almost at the airport. Good. I'm excited.

Tao: For what? Boarding school?

Se Hun: --- (still glaring)

Tao: What are you looking at me like that for?

Se Hun: Don't ever say that word again.

Tao: Which one? Boardi--

But he wasn't able to finish it. Se Hun-ge poked his ribs.

Tao: Aww-aww-- stop it. Okay, I won't say it.

Suho: Cut it out. You're driving me nuts already. Can't you just behave for once?

Lu Han: And twice during Papa's party?

Tao: Sorry gege. Behaving now.

Se Hun: Sorry gege.

We finally arrived at the airport and Xiumin-oppa spoke with the parking staff about the arrangements dad made for the two cars. We just waited until he and Lu Han-ge secured the cars' parking, and we all went to check-in. We had 30 minutes spare time, and Kris-ge bought us Bubble Tea. Aaahhh, simple joys of kids. LOL. We looked like orphans at the waiting area, all sipping Bubble Tea, no one speaking. Most people who passed by, looked at us. They were probably wondering how can 12 teenage boys and a 13 year old be siblings when most of the boys looked like they were the same age, and none looked like twins. Well, except Lu Han-ge and Se Hun-ge. But of course, they both came from the same mom and dad, so they'd naturally look alike. Suho-ge, Tao-ge and me don't look exactly alike, but there's an unmistaken resemblance, as with the other boys. But Lu Han and Se Hun-ge looked more alike that any of us.

Se Hun: Kris-gege, can we buy some more Bubble Tea? I still want some.

Kris: Sure. Here, but hurry up. We have to board in 20 minutes.

Se Hun: I'll be right back. Coming with me? (He eyed me)

Me: Uh-huh. Coming with you.

And we hurried to the Bubble Tea shop. We bought 13 teas more and hurried back. They were already on their feet and getting ready to board.

Kris: Just distribute it later. Let's go. We're almost boarding.

Lu Han-ge immediately came by my side and helped me with my backpack and Bubble Tea cup.

Lu Han: Here, let me bring that for you. We've checked the luggage in, so my other hand's free.

Me: No, it's okay. I got my backpack, you bring these instead. (I handed him his Bubble Tea)

Lu Han: Hahaha. Okay. Come one. We don't want to lose you here. Papa will kill me if we lost you.

Me: Yeah right.

Lu Han: You know Papa does what he says, right?

Me: So he told you he'd kill you if you lost me?

Lu Han: Not really, but something to that effect.

Chan-oppa was on my other side and he put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me towards him.

Chan: You know what? Not only Lu Han-ge will die. All of us, Papa will kill us if we lost you. So don't wander off.

Me: Of course not. I don't want you dead.

Chan: That's our girl.


------------------

We boarded the plane. Luckily, all of us were seated near each other. I sat by Lu Han-ge and Chan-oppa. Kris, Tao, Baek, and Lay-ge were also in our row. The back row sat Se Hun, Kai, Suho, Xiumin, Soo and Chen-oppa. After the safety measures demonstration, almost synchronized, the back row all pulled their headphones on and leaned back, eyes closed.

Lu Han: Suho, I thought you were not taking a power nap.

Everybody from our row turned to look. Suho-ge just nodded and did a thumbs up sign, leaned back again and closed his eyes.

Baek: Hopeless. (as he shook his head)

Lay: Exactly. I bet he just doesn't want to be left out. I mean look at all of them. It's like they rehearsed it.

Kris: You might want to document that? Hahahah

Lay: Oh yeah, I have my gadget ready for things like this. Hehehe

And he got up, took his camera from his backpack and took 3 continuous pictures of the 6 people probably asleep now, because no one moved and protested. Then he took solo pictures of them too.

Lay: Oh yeah, I'll need to document you guys too. It'd be unfair if I only took pictures of them, right? Now smile for me. (And he also took our pictures)

Tao: Will Mama be there when we arrive?

Kris: No. She's with Papa. We'll see them around dinner.

Tao: Oh... did Papa call while we were in the car?

Kris: No. Why?

Tao: Nothing. I just want to know.

Lay: Yeah... How come Papa only calls you 4, and not us.

Kris: We're the older ones, and in this situation, Papa's got us in-charge of you all. I know, I'd rather have them at home with us all the time, but with Papa's work, you know they can't. And if Papa stops working, you know what will happen.

Chan: I know. It though. I was hoping to spend more time with Papa, that's why I decided to live with him, but he's rarely home.

Lu Han: We all know how you feel Chan. I wish Mama and Papa were at home always, specially since most of the time it's a pain in the taking care of all of you. Hahaha. But really, I wish they were home more often too.

Lay: I'm almost Suho-ge's age. But for once, I'm glad I'm part of the younger ones. Hahaha. Imagine reporting to Papa every law that Tao, Kai and Se Hun broke. Hahahaha. I wouldn't want to hear Papa scolding me for not being able to control these 3.

Tao: Hey, hey... I don't always break the law. It's Chen-ge who does that. And Se Hun. And Kai. And you.

Lay: Oh me? No way. But Chen, yes. Hahaha.

Kris: Actually, all five of you break the law most of the time.

Baek: ...and Mama is always on the verge of crying when you don't listen.

Lay: I listen to Mama.

Baek: Not always.

Lay: Says who?

Kris: Says Mama.

Baek: Hahahaha. See?

Lay: --- (just stared at Baek)

Baek: Hahahahah. Mama's got you. You can't deny that.

Lay: Yeah... but still, I'm not as bad as these 4.

Tao: Whoa!

Lu Han: Shhhhhh... If you must talk, lower your voices.

Tao: Sorry gege.

Chan: You know that Mama's almost crying her eyes out when you guys chase each other all over the house and end up with bruises and cuts just for some petty stuff. You gotta learn to stop already.

Kris: Yes. Unless you want to be shipped somewhere you don't wanna be in.

Tao: I'm not going anywhere.

Kris: So better behave.

Lu Han: Yeah, behave. But what I really want to talk about now is that party tomorrow. Do you think Papa is getting another promotion?

Kris: Probably.

Lu Han: But why do we have to be there? I'm thinking we're more like Papa's trophies. 13 trophies. All behaved. Hahaha. If only they know what's going on behind the scenes.

Baek: Tao, Kai and Se Hun trying to kill Chen.

Lay: Hahahaha. Remember that time when Soo was in the ktichen with his food experiments? I so love that time.

Lu Han: Hahahaha, yeah. I remember. One of my favorites too.

Aboo-Makhado-Residence-27.jpgBaek: Who will forget? Hahahahah. I was watching from prime seats. I was almost slashed by that knife when he ran after them. Hahahahah.

Chan: I just came down the stairs when Tao and Se Hun streaked past me to go upstairs and Kai hiding behind my back. Hahahahah. 

Kris: Good thing Papa and Mama weren't home to witness it. Though they had to know. Thanks to the doorbell. We'd have been 4 brothers short today. That neighbor had really sensitive ears. She was able to hear Soo. Or Soo was just screaming that loud?

Baek: Both. Hahahahah. (We all laughed too)

Lay: All because Se Hun toppled over his bowl of cherries and he was about to top that cake with the cherry. Hahahaha.

Chan: I was really anticipating eating that cake, but these 3 ruined my chances. Hahahahaha.

Lu Han: Maybe we should hide all the knives from Soo. Hahahaha.

Kris: Ooops! Shhhhh...I think we're too noisy. Hehehe. (And he mouthed apologies to the people around us.)

Me: Gege, what time are we expected to arrive?

Kris: Just one hour more. (He checked his watch)

Me: Oh, still an hour. I think I'll go to sleep.

Kris: Okay. We'll just wake you up when we arrive.

So I leaned on Chan-oppa's shoulders and slept. When I woke up, everyone at the back row were already awake and being noisy. Se Hun-ge was talking loudly to Tao-ge, leaning forward in his seat. Apparently, that was what woke me up. At first I thought they were bickering again, but then again, the older ones didn't even pay attention to them or scold them. They were just talking about school or something. Then Se Hun asked Lu Han-ge, "Gege, will Mama be there when we arrive?"

Lu Han: No. She's with Papa. I thought you were listening when Papa gave out instructions yesterday. His assistant will be the one to pick us up when we arrive.

Se Hun: Awww... I miss Mama.

Lu Han: Don't we all.

Then, a lady in front suddenly asked Lu Han, "Excuse me. I couldn't help hearing, but I was wondering. Are you all brothers and sister?"

Lu Han: Yes ma'am, we are.

Lady in front: Oh. At first, I only thought it was only you from this row, but then I heard them at the back calling you "gege" and mentioning about your mama. Your family's been blessed with you children.

Lu Han: Thank you. But sometimes, these blessings can be difficult.

Lady in front: Oh yes. I have had my share of taking care of my younger siblings when I was young. Well, thank you for answering my question young man.

Lu Han: You're welcome, ma'am.

She smiled and turned to face front again. The back row were still a bit noisy and Xiumin-oppa was glaring at them already. Suho-ge still had his headphones on, but also eyeing Chen and Kai-oppa with suspicion. Lu Han-ge just raised his hand and formed the peace sign for the back row to see. And everyone went silent. No one dared to break the Lu Han law. LOL.