His and Theirs: All 13 of Us (Part 10-A)

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us
The next day was full of unexpected events. Unexpected, yet fulfilling in a way. Of course, there was the occasional banter between the boys - and me. Yes, I joined. It was one of those days when I felt like speaking my mind, even though I knew I was up for Timbuktu if papa will hear me. LOL. But none of that happened, because the spotlight was on Baek-gege. Well, for most of the day, he was on the spotlight. 

We woke up feeling refreshed. Somehow, Kai ended up beside me, Tao and Se Hun on the floor with Kris-gege. Baekhyun was on the bed, arms spread out. And I was almost on the edge of the bed. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Kai stirred in his sleep but did not wake up. It was Baek who opened his eyes. He stretched his arms to the sides and sighed.

Baek: It's today. Oh what fun. Kill me now.

Me: Timbuktu.

Baek: Ugh. Shut up.

Me: Board-

Baek: Okay, I get it. I'm so excited.

Me: What time is it anyway. I'm surprised hear no banging on the door or feeling a poke on the feet.

Baek: (checking his watch on the side table) It's 10 after 7 AM. 

Me: Wow. Sleeping in. What a first!

Kris-gege opened his eyes and looked around. He was so tall that he took up most of the floor space near the foot of the bed. 

Kris: What? It's 7 already? Urghhh... it's today. I'm so excited.

And he sat up, looked at us, stood up and sat on the bed.

Kris: You know I was joking, right?

Me: Yep.

Baek: Depends.

Kris: On what?

Baek: If you meant it was today, or if you are excited.

Kris: What's the difference?

Baek: Today, is inevitable. Excited, now that's impossible.

Kris: Okay, you win.

And instead of getting up, he rolled on the bed and that woke Kai up. 

Kai: Urghhhhh... Who are you?

Kris: Way to greet your gege good morning. Wake up. The bed's mine now.

Kai: Get your own bed. I call dibs on this one.

Kris: Your room assignment's not here.

And he rolled over Kai, who did not budge. Baek stood up and sat on the armchair near the side table.  He faced the window and stared outside. 

Se Hun and Tao woke up and sat up right away. They were amazed at how they ended up sleeping on the floor and Kris on the bed.

Baek: Good, you two are awake now. I want to see if we can practice skateboarding outside. There's an open area right there, just across the street. 

The boys got up and stood by the window. Baek stood up and went over to wake Kai up. He shook him so hard. He perfectly knew Kai needs more than just a poke in the foot to wake him up.

Kai: Urgghhh... what?

Baek: Get up. Look outside. I think we can ask Papa to allow us to practice skateboarding there tomorrow if not today.

Kai: Mmm-kayyy... Gege- get off me. My leg...

Kris shifted so Kai can get up. Baek and Kai went to the window and stood next to Tao and Se Hun. They surveyed the area from where they stood. I stood up and walked over to them. I was curious too. Because I wasn't tall like my brothers, I stood on tiptoe just to be able to see over their shoulders.

And yes, there was indeed a park across the street. It wasn't visible if you're downstairs because of the buildings around it, but from this height, you could see it.

Baek: I was thinking. I'd ask permission from Papa to check the place out today, you know, just check it out, not really play. So we can verify if the place is conducive for skateboarding and stuff.

Kai: Let's go ask now. Come on!

Se Hun: Yes, come one.

Tao: I'm with you. Where's Chan-gege?

Se Hun: I'll wake him up.

And he dashed out of the room. I went back to sitting on the bed and poking Kris-gege by the sides. He stirred, he was not really asleep. He caught my hand and pinned it to my sides.

Kris: No, Xiao Yi. I wanna go back to sleep. Let gege sleep.

Me: Wake up. Let's go to Mama and Papa. Please.

Kris: Go wake Lu Han-ge.

He released my hand and I went to wake Lu Han. Se Hun was returning with Yo-oppa.

Me: Wait for us!

Chan: Huh?

Me: I'll just wake Lu Han gege. Wait.

Chan: Okay kiddo.

I hurried up and went to their room. Lu Han was wrapped up under the sheets. I approached the bed and shook him awake.

Me: Luluuuu... Lu Han gege... wake up. Wake up please... Luluuuu...

Lu Han: Xiao...Yi... What...is... it....?

Me: Let's go to Mama and Papa please.

Lu Han: Wh...w...why?

Me: Baek-gege are going, I wanna come.

Lu Han: Yes, go with them. It's fine.

Me: But they're going to ask permission to go skateboarding. I want to come with them. I need you there.

Lu Han: Where's Kris?

Me: He went back to sleep... -_-

Lu Han peeked out of the blanket and looked at me. He pinched my nose and sat up.

Me: Owww! 

Lu Han: Don't disturb gege.

Me: Fine. I'm going now.

Lu Han: Hao le, hao le... You are so..

Me: Xiexie ni Lulu-gege.

And he was forced to get up. He rubbed his eyes and pretended to scowl at me. Then he pinched my nose again.

Me: Awwwww!

Lu Han: Now, we're even. Let's go.

And he led me out to where my other brothers were waiting. Before we went out, he poked Kris first and told him to not leave the room. Of course Kris-ge just nodded and sank back onto the bed.

We trooped one floor up to our parent's suite. Lu Han in the lead, he dialled Papa's number to announce our presence. Heheheh. Papa was already awake. Possibly having a cup of coffee. We arrived at their door and we rang the buzzer.

Papa opened the door and  ushered us all in. Mama was also awake and they were having coffee in the dining room. We bowed in respect to our parents and sat at the table.

Papa: Where are the others?

Lu Han: Still asleep Papa.

Papa: Okay. The party's not until evening anyway. But it's best that you get ready early. By 5 PM everybody should all be getting ready.

Lu Han: Yes Papa.

Papa: And what was it that you wanted to ask me?

Lu Han: Actually, it's these 5...

Papa: Okay. What is it? Baekhyun?

It was always the oldest brother that Papa addressed. In this situation, Lu Han was not part of the concern, so Baek-gege was considered the oldest, so he addressed him.

Baek: We'd like to ask permission Papa.

Papa: About?

Baek: I'm not going with you tomorrow, right?

Papa: Yes, we have discussed that. And?

Baek: We were wondering if- you know- we can check out the park across the street... for skateboarding practice... uhm... right now? I mean, we only have to check the place now, not really practice because of the party later...

Papa: All of you are going?

Baek: Yes- no, actually, only the 5 of us. Me, Chan, Tao, Kai and Se Hun. Since we are staying for a few days here, we can use it for practice... uhm... hehe

Papa: Hmmm... Lu Han, you and Kris go with them. Don't stay too long. Be back here before...uh- 9 AM.

Lu Han: Yes Papa. You heard that.

Chan/Baek: Feichang ganxie Papa. Thank you! Yesss!!!

Kai: Aw-right! Hahaha... Gege, let's go!

Papa: Hold it!

Kai: Awwww... Papaaaaaa...

Papa: Kai, do not do that. Listen, let's have breakfast first before you go. Wake Xiumin and the others. Let's have breakfast together. We'll meet you at the lobby, boys...Xiao Yi.

Lu Han: Yes, Papa. Breakfast first!

Mama: Boys, be careful okay?

Tao/Se Hun/Kai: Of course Mama. Wo ai ni mama, papa...

Papa: You really need to practice huh? Hahaha. You behave.

We turned to leave, so we can prepare for breakfast. As we started for the door, Yo-oppa suddenly 

Chan: Uhm...Papa...

Papa: Yes?

Chan: Uhm... Thank you again. (He was actually pushing Se Hun out the door that made him stumble on Baek who almost swore aloud.)

Papa: You're welcome son.

But before we could leave, Papa seemed to notice something and called us back.

Papa: Baekhyun, what is that on your hair?

Baek: Uhm…what do you mean Papa?

Papa: Have you been dyeing your hair again?

Baek: Ooops…

It seems that a streak of color was left on his hair that did not wash off when he rinsed it. Papa didn’t like seeing my brothers with bright-colored hair.

Papa: Ask your mom to take you to the salon to wash that off. After you check that park out. Understood?

Baek: Yes Papa.

Chan seemed to know that papa saw something, so in the hopes that papa won't notice, he pushed Se Hun, since he was behind Baek. Too late! Papa already noticed. LOL. We hurried back to our suite as Lu Han called Xiumin. It turned out that Xiumin-gege was outside our door, waiting for us. 

Lu Han: Kris didn't open the door for you?

Xiumin: I don't know, I didn't buzz in. Hahaha.

Lu Han: Hahahaha. You're trolling. Papa's expecting us at the lobby for breakfast.

Xiumin: *Smirk* You are more of a troll than me-ah... Okay, I'll meet you all down. Kai- what's that? Stop it.

He saw Kai elbowing Tao. And after being found out, Kai moved toward the door as Lu Han opened it. He just smiled at Xiumin-ge.

Xiumin: You can't fool me with that smile, you know.

Kai: I didn't smile.

Baek: You did, I saw you.

Kai: --- *glare*

Baek: See? Speechless.

Se Hun: Breakfast...breakfast...come on...get going...move it...

Kai: What if I don't move?

Baek: You're going to get it...

Lu Han had opened the door and let us all in. Xiumin-ge went back to their room to get the other boys. Baek and Kai were still bickering. Tao grabbed my hand and swiftly streaked past Lu Han. He saw what was coming, and we just looked at each other.

Lu Han: Breakfast or I'll break your fast?

Baek and Kai automatically went on mute mode, proceeded to the room to prepare for breakfast. Se Hun grinned, as if to say, "Ahhh..justice." LOL. He was about to throw an air-high five to me and Tao when Lu  Han turned to look at us.

Lu Han: You three, I know. You're not excused. I'll high-five your butts if you don't move it. Come on.

Me/Se Hun/Tao: *pout* Sorry Lulu-gege. Moving now.