Phuket

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us

 

LUHAN:

 

The day came when we were scheduled to leave for Phuket, and the rest to grandpa Wu. All six of us had our luggage already securely packed in one van. Xiumin was driving the van as papa sat beside him on the passenger seat in front. Mama and the dongsaengs were taking the other van to grandpa Wu's. We had an early flight, 6 AM and we had to wake up at 4 AM so we'd have time to do last minute preparations. But Mama had woken us all up at 3:30 AM, though. Her logic was that for us to have time to have a proper breakfast before we left. The younger kids didn't wanna wake up so early. Grandpa Wu's was only 2 hours away from our home, and they didn't need to ride an airplane. Chen grumbled the most when I tried to drag him downstairs. 

 

Chen: Why do we have to wake up this early? I wanna sleep.

Mama: We're going to have breakfast together.

Chen: But ma...

Mama: Luhan, drag your brother downstairs, if you must. Oh, and Kai too. Will you, dear?

Me: Yes, ma.

Chen: I don't wanna...

Kai: *snoring*

Me: Kai, wake up.

Kai: *still snoring*

Me: JONGIN!!! *pokes his foot*

Kai: Whaaa--AAAAAAAHHHHH!!! Gegeeee! That hurt!

Me: I didn't even break any bone. Get up. -_-

Chen: Wake me up when we're ready to leave.

Me: We are leaving now.

Chen: Aww, hyung...

 

I had to literally drag him downstairs. Kai didn't have a choice, because I pushed him out the door. And as expected, the responsible ones were already downstairs, with mama and Xiao Yi, sitting at the table, eating their breakfast silently. That would be Xiumin, Lay and Kyungsoo. Suho and his wards were behind us as we went down the stairs. From the hall, I could hear Kris having verbal sparring with Baekhyun just outside their room. Probably having trouble dragging him downstairs. 

 

Kris: Bai Xian. You are the oldest among the ones staying at grandpa. Be an example to your dongsaengs.

Baek: No way. 

Kris: I'm gonna shave your head now.

Baek: Try shaving my hair and I will shave your legs.

Kris: What the-?

 

Tao appeared at the foot of the stairs with sleepy eyes, hugging his panda plushie on one hand. He yawned. And stopped in the middle of the living room only to do a double take and went to the sitting room. To probably go back to sleep. Nobody else saw him except me. And as gege, it was my responsibility to wake him up and bring him to the breakfast table. As soon as I made sure that Kai and Chen were eating, I went to where Tao was sleeping and shook him awake. He woke up and followed me to the table. He was still holding his plushie as he sat down. He placed the plushie on the table.

 

Mama: Zitao, your plushie does not need to eat.

Tao: Sorry mama.

 

And he snatched it from the table and placed it on his lap. Kris and Baekhyun were bickering in low voices as they went down the stairs. One look from mama and they stopped, proceeded to their place at the table and ate breakfast in silence. Papa was in his office double-checking if he packed the right papers with him.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Doors locked?

Did you set the security automated system?

Didn't leave any devices plugged?

All set?

Let's go.

 

All 15 of us went climbed in our respective vans. Papa, me, Xiumin, Kris, Suho and Lay climbed in one van, and Mama, Baek, Chen, Chanyeol, Kyungie, Tao, Kai, Sehun and Xiao Yi climbed in the other. Mama was driving the other van. Baekhyun didn't have his professional license yet and papa was hesitant to let him use his student license. 

 

At the junction where the two vans went on separate routes, we rolled down the car windows and waved at each other, signalling to text one another as the cars sped on different directions.

 

We arrived at the airport 40 minutes before boarding time. Lay was happily snapping away pictures of us and the surroundings. I took out my phone and checked for available wifi. Once I got connected to the airport network, I logged in my social apps. I placed a status message on my Facebook account about us going to Phuket for 3 days. I didn't mention anything about us acquiring a property there. I know by the time we got back in school we'll be the talk of the town again. It was awkward. Suho and papa were in a deep conversation about the properties in Phuket. Yes, you heard me correctly. Properties. Plural form. Papa was interested in acquiring two villas in Kamala, Phuket. His friend owned one in the area and told him about the promising business venture there. Papa didn't want to pass on the chance, so he immediately contacted his friend back and discussed details. They went on discussing about papa acquiring the properties for the last 6 months. His friend served as the go-between. And now, we were going to Phuket and for papa to hopefully close the deal. I was a hundred percent sure that papa chose us five elder sons to go with him, so we'd have a sort-of first-hand experience in checking out the place...for future purposes. He was obviously making us see what it was to be like doing his work. Because we were expected to follow in his footsteps, that is.

 

It was a good thing that only the elder boys were on this tavel with papa. Not much fuss going on while we waited in the boarding area for our flight. There was no Sehun whining about buying bubbletea. There was no Baekhyun making weird noises because he was bored. There was no Chen, Tao and Kai who were annoying Kyungie or Xiao Yi. Suho was perfectly relaxed. He was still kinda mad about his Phuket list, actually. LOL. If he was still mad about it, he didn't really show it. He was leaning back on the bench and singing to himself while thumbing through his tablet. Kris was doodling something on a piece of paper he fished out from his pockets. Xiumin was on the phone, texting. Who was he texting this early? Hmm... Papa sat quietly, checking his watch from time to time, and glancing at the flight schedules. He looked a bit anxious. Maybe he was thinking about what if our flight was cancelled. I remembered checking Chagiya's Facebook profile. I've been meaning to access her account and get a good look around. Kind of like profiling her for Kyungsoo. I was nothing if not thorough. I was the eldest (well, aside from Xiumin and Kris) and I was supposed to look out for the welfare of my siblings. Specially in matters of the heart. Or not. The heart is something that we cannot force into liking someone we don't. However, in our family, if the person you chose didn't live up to the standards of the elders, namely papa and mama, then, you'd have to look for another one. Or they'd be looking for the one for you.

 

I know. It .

 

So, maybe that's why I was a bit paranoid when I learned that Jungkook had a crush on little sister. Okay. Not a bit, but rather really paranoid. Papa had these rules about dating and I just didn't wanna break any of those. If I could help it, I wouldn't allow anyone from my dongsaengs to date at all. But I didn't want papa or mama to dictate on who they would marry either. So, as much as I can, I was going to find out more about this Chagiya. What was her name again? Song Hui Qiao?

 

Song Hui Qiao.

 

She was cute. Hmmm... Suho said that her elder sister was a transferee in our school. But she was a junior now, so she wouldn't be seen at our campus. I don't remember her though last school term. Suho said that she was kind of popular. Why didn't I know her? Anyway, I let my eyes drift off to scannng her "about" page. I felt I was invading her privacy and it sent shivers down my spine, so I logged off and put my phone back in my pocket. 

 

20 minutes before boarding.

 

That was papa. He instructed us to get our luggage checked in as soon as we arrived earlier. So now, we were just waiting for boarding time. All five of us kids had a backpack and papa had his carry-on. Kris and Suho were taking pictures of their feet...shoes...okay. My brothers are weird. Lay and Xiumin were taking turns in snapping pictures of themselves. I decided why not me too? I took out my phone again and took a few selcas. Documentation, Luhan.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Flight AC821 for PEK-HKT now boarding.

 

It was 5 hours to Phuket from Beijing. We boarded the plane and found our seats. We were all seated in one row. Papa always got us good seats, too. Lay started taking pictures like crazy from the boarding area to the ramp and in the plane. The flight attendants just smiled and let him. Some even giggled as he took a picture of them. I noticed most of them were staring at us. I was included, yes. OTL. Fangirl alert. Hahaha. I tested my charms. Cough.

 

Hi.

 

And they smiled and said hi. The Luhan-ator. PMSL. I was joking. I know. It's lame. OTL. Please let it pass. I feel ashamed of myself now.

 

Kris saw me and raised an eyebrow. I stole a glance at papa and saw he was busy  tapping his phone. Thank god. I settled on my seat and put on my seatbelt, waitinfg for take-off. Papa pocketed his phone a few minutes after. And a flight attendant announced our take-off, and to set our devices on flight mode. Papa started his talk about our business venture. Well, it was more of a business venture travel than a vacation.

 

Papa: Kamala, Phuket is a nice place.

Kris: Are we staying at a hotel or are we staying at the property right away?

Papa: We're going to stay at my friend's villa when we arrive. I'm going to make sur to close the deal today, so we can go and checkout the villas after that. 

Xiumin: We'll arrive there around lunch, right?

Papa: Yes, we will.

Me: So, you're going to meet the broker during lunch?

Papa: Precisely. I'd like all of you to join us, so you'd have an idea on how to go about closing a business deal.

Lay: I'd like to have a restaurant like grandpa.

Papa: One of the villas has an in-house restaurant. You can manage that in the future.

Lay: Oh...

Suho: Pa, if we're going to join you and the broker for lunch while you close the deal, what are we supposed to do or say?

Papa: Just observe, er-zi.

Suho/Lay: Oh...okay papa.

Papa: Synchronized? Hahaha.

 

Papa laughed. LOL. I chuckled to myself. I saw Xiumin face the other way and heard him snort a little. I was beside papa on his left. Xiumin on my left and Lay was on Xiumin's left. Kris was on papa's right, and Suho was on Kris' right. Confusing? Uh-- let me illustrate? PMSL.

 

Lay - Xiumin - Luhan - papa - Kris - Suho

 

Hahahaha. Okay. I hope you got it. xD

 

Anyway, papa laughing was something to be celebrated. He didn't laugh that much around us. He was almost always his firm and strict self. He only laughed when there was something really funny or if he find something amusing. I bet he found Lay and Suho's answers funny. Maybe because both of them were on each the farthest ends of the row, yet they answered the same thing.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Touchdown Phuket.

 

My heart was beating fast. This is it. OMG. I could almost taste the sea salt on my tongue as I inhaled the midday air in Phuket airport as we stepped out the plane and walked to the checkout area. I turned to Lay.

 

Me: Do you know what it smells like?

Lay: Airport air freshener?

Me: LMAO no. I smell the beach already.

Lay: Since you asked me, I still say it's airport air freshener.

Xiumin: More like disinfectant. 

Kris: Yo! Lay-ah. Take a pic of me over here...

 

He was leaning on the railing of the checkout area. Lay obliged and took at least half a dozen photos of Kris making weird poses. Papa stood there with his hands in his pockets. He just shook his head. We took turns taking pictures of each other, too. Papa was even game in having his picture taken at least 3 times. But after the 3rd picture we took of him, he raised both his hands.

 

Papa: Hao de. Wo men zou ba. Let's go boys.

 

His friend was waiting for us near the entrance of the airport. Papa had called him while we were taking pictures. He escorted us to the parking lot where his van was parked and we climbed into it after we loaded our luggage. We were too excited to explore the place that we didn't mind not sleeping on the way to papa's friend's villa. I became busy snapping pictures of the scenery we passed by. It was different from Beijing. But of course. One side of the road overlooked the blue and green sea. The other side was full of greens, villas and more villas. Each property we passed were about the size of an auditorium. I think the floor area of each house we passed was about a total interior surface of 739 square meters. So, we were going to own 2 of these villas.

 

Daebak!

Awesome!

Zhen bang!

 

I smiled to myself. As we were nearing the villa, I had the sudden urge that once we arrived, I was going to jump right into the water. LOL. Anyway, we arrived at papa's friend's villa, but as we were about to climb out the car, papa received a call from the broker. He was inviting us to one of the villas we were going to acquire and have lunch there instead. Papa agreed, and his friend drove us to the villa.

 

Our villa.

 

We sat on the edge of our seats anticipating the view of the villa. Papa's friend said it was not far from his property. Just another 15 - 20 minutes more. Lay took his camera out, ready to capture the moment. Suho, who was one of the modest and proper of us all, wasn't being himself. Meaning, he was fidgety on his seat. Xiumin who was beside him, elbowed him and shot him evil looks. It was because he was being squished to the sides of the car. Hahahaha.

 

And then we saw the driveway. There was also a gate ahead. It was magnificent. We craned our necks to get a glimpse of the heaven that was before us. I fought the urge to squeal like a school girl. I was manly orz. I have to uphold the Wu name to be of manly descent. PMSL.

 

Anyway, excited as we were, as soon as the car halted and papa opened his door, as quick as lightning, Kris slid the door open, as he was the one near the door. We all scrambled out.

 

Xiumin: Whoa! Daebak!

Lay: *click... click... click*

Suho: Whoo--aa...aaa...

Me: I can definitely live here.

Kris: You can say that again, Lu.

Suho: Papa, close the deal now.

Xiumin: I'm not hungry.

Lay: Can anyone of you please take a picture of me kissing the sand?

Xiumin: I can, only if you do the same for me?

Lay: Deal.

Kris: Baekhyun will be so jealous. Hahahah. I'm gonna slap his face with pictures of me lounging on that beach right over there.

Suho: Hey, there's also a pool there, look.

 

He pointed to the back area of the villa. Papa and his friend were walking towards the entrance of the house. He calle Xiumin and told him to follow inside and bring our luggage. We followed papa and there were already a few people there. Probably the broker and his staff. We were led to our room. We dragged our luggage behind us as we entered the room. We just gasped and stared at our room. We were to use 2 adjacent rooms. The room we were in had an interior that was identical to the other room, except that the color theme was blue on this one, and the other was green.

Me: Sdvfsdvfd. I can live here forever.

Kris: Ssvfgfdgfdg. Me too.

Suho: Ffgfdgfd. ....... ...... .......

Xiumin: Dgdfgfdgfd. Do we take one room home?

Lay: Egfdsgfdg. Hyung, take a picture of me please?

 

And he dove right into the bed. I did the same. Actually, all of us dove right in the beds.

 

Suho: Someone is going to have to sleep on the couch. LOL. It's only a double bed.

Kris: Not me.

Lay: I can sleep anywhere, actually. I volunteer.

Me: PMSL. Me too.

Xiumin: I call dibs on this bed...

 

Lay walked out the wide doorway that connected to the outside world. LOL. Then he spotted something and was grinning. He suddenly took off his shoes, zipped open his fly and removed his shirt. He was stripping. OMG. What?

 

Me: Lay? What the eff are you doing?

Lay: Watch me, Lulu.

 

He was only in his boxer shorts. He pulled out his slippers from the pocket of his luggage and put it on. Then he slung his camera around his neck and walked out the door. Xiumin followed him to see what Lay saw. Lay then disappeared from view. We rushed outside only to see him...

 

 ...running toward the stone steps that led to the beach. 

We saw it.

 

I stripped to my boxers.

 

Kris did, too.

 

Suho did as well.

 

And Xiumin.

 

And then we rummaged our luggage for our slippers and once we had put them on, we ran down the stone steps behind Lay and followed him to the beach.

 

Lunch was forgotten.

 

And the deal was closed. We hope.

 

Wo men zhen de hen baoqian, papa.... [We are really sorry, papa]

 

 



 

Hi! *waves*

The hyungs and papa Wu are in Phuket, Thailand. I, personally, would like to visit their beaches someday. I hope you liked this chapter. I had fun looking for Phuket villa properties online. LOL. 

Anyway, camp Wu next chapter. I hope. xP

If you have comments about this chapter, you are very much welcome to say them. And/or suggestions. xD

Xiexie nimen for subscribing. ^_^

我爱你们 ♥ 사랑해요!  EXO 사랑하자 !