Baekhyun and Chanyeol's POV

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us

 

Baekhyun's POV

 

Baekhyun, the bossy one. The one who can make you do things you don’t really wanna do.

 

That’s my name. I’m Wu Baekhyun, middle child. And I’m handsome. Nobody say otherwise, or else, I’ll scalp your head. Nobody mess with the Baekhyun. I was made tough by the fact that I always faced papa whenever I did something extraordinary with myself or my younger siblings. And mind you, facing papa is like facing 10 judges in a courtroom. Not only that, add to the fact that anytime... he can ship me off to Timbuktu. But so far, the nearest place (to Timbuktu) that I got to, was grandpa Wu’s. LOL. But the place is nothing like Timbuktu. Actually, I didn’t know the difference, because I haven’t been to Timbuktu.

 

I say I’m the middle child, because we are 6 in the brood, and I am the 3rd child. But I have 7 other half-brothers. Still, I was the middle child.

 

They say no one dared to mess with the Lu Han Law. But I’ve tried… Not that I succeeded, but the fact remained that I messed with it…and got my punishment by…scrubbing the toilet bowl on all 3 bathrooms. It wasn’t fun. I mean, messing with Luhan was fun, but scrubbing the toilet bowls weren’t fun. Especially since all of them were watching me like I was a TV show. Duh. I thought Luhan wouldn’t let me eat lunch or dinner, but thank God, he did.

 

You might ask what did I do to make him punish me to scrub toilet bowls? Well, I only turned off the main water-pipe switch while Suho hyung was doing the laundry. Bratty Sehun told Luhan it was me and Luhan warned me…twice. I chose to not heed his warning. And I didn’t turn the water switch back on. So, I ended up scrubbing the toilet bowls as punishment.

 

It happened when we were just 6 in the house. The other 7 didn’t live with us. They only visited during holidays, except Lay, whose house was just about 4 blocks away from our old house. Lay stayed during weekends and sometimes on weeknights when his mom was home. He wasn’t the oldest, but he was his mom’s trusted kid. But when papa brought a bigger house, he chose to love with us. Turned out, his mom’s husband didn’t want him, that’s why he spent most of the time with us.

 

Before we moved to the bigger house, the first few brothers who chose to live with us were Xiumin hyung, Lay, Kris and Kai. Kai was practically and literally shipped by his mom to us. Luhan and Suho fetched him from the pier. I don’t know why his mom was like that…like he was unwanted and unimportant. I was lucky because I was an offspring of papa’s legitimate wife. Still, there were 6 of us. My father got really busy on the reproduction side of life. LOL.

 

Now, there are 13 heirs of the Wu family, of course, counting Xiao Yi. Papa, as the oldest Wu, is the next in line to inherit grandpa’s “stuff.” Yeah, I’m not big on business and the like, so I call it “stuff.” And because we were his children, we were to inherit them all after him. But I’d rather only Luhan or any of the other siblings. I don’t like being rich. LOL. You know I’m joking, right?

 

Being rich is such a blessing, but like I said, I don’t wanna be burdened with business talks. One business is enough for me. LOL. I think I can say these things now, because I’m still young and I haven’t really appreciated or realized the importance of working for a living.

 

Anyway, I probably am the most boring Wu kid. I only take pride in inventing or innovating stuff. And sometimes, I use my brothers as guinea pigs for my inventions. Hahaha. =P I also probably was the most mischievous, because I’ve faced papa more than Chen, Tao, Kai and Sehun put together. Nah. I’m just exaggerating. I share the limelight with Chen, Tao, Kai, and Sehun in that area.

 

I’m the most resourceful of the 13, actually. Lay was just 2nd in line. If they needed a way out of something that might merit Timbuktu from papa. They’d turn to me and ask me for alibis. But hey, I’m not a liar either. I just give them excuses that would turn papa’s attention from shipping us all to that “place.”

 

Boarding school was hell for us. I myself am afraid of being shipped to boarding school. I’d only be able to go home during Christmas and summer holidays. Everything is supervised in boarding schools. The use of electronic devices are regulated. Teachers are said to be stricter than military school. Omona! And you had to follow a schedule; from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep. I wondered if sleeping time was strictly only 8 hours? I surely won’t survive. But Luhan will. PMSL. What kind of punishment did they give in boarding schools, anyway? Did they let their delinquent students scrub toilets too? If yes, then Luhan would survive boarding school. Really survive. Hahaha. Every one of us think that only Luhan would survive Timbuktu.

 

Our family was dysfunctional as can be, but I won’t exchange it for anything else. True, we have different personalities, sometimes clash with each other and 7 of us have different moms. But most of the time, we were in perfect harmony. Somehow, we found comfort, happiness, and true brotherhood with each other. And our only sister held a very strong bond with all of us. She was our glue, actually. LOL. We all wanted to protect her. And if we always fought with each other, how could we protect her and each other? Because our parents were mostly away, there no one else we could trust.

 

 


 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

I wanted to spend time with papa and wanted to know him, that’s why I decided to live with him. I insisted that I wanted to live with papa, and eomma had tried to persuade me not to. She wasn’t against papa, but she’d miss me, she said. I had an older half-sister. My mom wasn’t married though. Like most of my half-brothers, I was longing for a father figure. Well, a real father figure.

 

Eomma let me visit papa during holidays. That was when I got to know my half-brothers and little sister. I was 9 years old when eomma first allowed me to visit papa for the summer holidays. I was able to spend a week with him and my siblings. At other times, I spent either Christmas or New Year with them, but never more than a week or two.

 

It was always fun spending time with my brothers and little sis. But we never get to spend more time with papa even if we wanted to. So if I lived with him, there’d be a bigger chance that I’d get to spend more time with him than on holidays alone.

 

Eomma agreed to give papa joint custody when I turned 13 years old. That was 3 years ago. I‘ve  been actually spending at least a month with papa during summer and I think eomma found it beneficial that I spend my adolescent years with my father. She didn’t know how she’d deal with adolescent guy problems. LOL. But I had promised I won’t forget to visit her every now and then. Her relationship with papa was civil, although they didn’t talk often. They would only talk when it was time for papa to fetch me or for her to fetch me back.

 

Now that I live with the Wus, I learned to live as a Wu. Because I was a Wu. I won’t exchange my siblings for anything or anyone. Also, it paid for me to have an older sister, because I could understand Xiao Yi and her girl “issues.” LOL. Maybe that’s why she was closer to me than the others.

 

It was somehow a good thing that when I lived with papa, he bought a new house…a bigger house, to accommodate all of us. I think papa was already planning to buy a bigger house, because all 7 of us were to live with him. Papa was promoted, so we got to experience luxury we didn’t have before.

 

Actually, we were 13 in all. 6 were children from his legal wife, and 7 of us were from his “extra-curricular” activities. But all 13 of us get along pretty well. It might sound too good to be true, but that’s the truth. Even if 7 of us had different mothers, we never felt out of place when we were with the 6 other kids. We’ve never had a fight about having different moms. But of course, since 99% of us were boys, it was expected that from time to time, we’d have misunderstandings but they were minor stuff. We’ve never had World War worthy rifts…well, except Tao, Kai and Sehun…and occasionally Chen, with Kyungie. LOL. The 5 of them mostly get into World War One… Oh yeah. Lay hyung too. He’s a silent worker. You never know when he’ll attack. But when he did, you’d wish you had something better up your sleeve and seek revenge.

 

I pity Luhan hyung. Although Xiumin hyung was literally the oldest (he’s a month older than Luhan), the real oldest brother was Luhan. Kris hyung would also attest to that, because he was 3rd oldest. Papa delegated more work to Luhan, even if he didn’t say it out loud. Papa always talks to him when he goes out of town for work. Xiumin hyung has the last say when it came to decision making, but Luhan…well, Xiumin hyung consults him first before deciding on something. Luhan also was responsible for the4 youngest kids. Why? Because they listen to him. Especially Tao and Sehun. Kai and Xiao Yi weren’t much of a headache, but Tao and Sehun combined are like a nuclear bomb set. Especially if Chen or Kyungsoo were in the picture. Expect the house to be under siege. One word from Luhan though, ends the war. They probably were afraid Luhan would tell papa, and papa gives the Timbuktu order. LOL.

 

Not one of us really know where Timbuktu was, and nobody dared to research. Probably, the others already researched where it was and just didn't tell because the place was really foul. I wouldn't actually know. Not because I was scared to find out about the place, but because I was just too lazy to check. When it came to stuff like this,  leave the research to Lay or Baekhyun. They're our so-called "research team." Xiumin hyung, Kyungie, and Luhan are the sub-team. I fall under the "Chanyeol-do-this-or-that team." Why? I'm either too busy to think or too laazy to act. If it wasn't for school, I couldn't be bothered if no one would tell me to do it. But I'm not a lazy person either. I do what task is set for me. It's just that I'm not the volunteer-type of person. If there's a volunteer type in our family, they are Xiumin, Suho and Xiao Yi. Those three are the team members. If they think they can do it, they'd volunteer. Sometimes, they just do it right away without telling us. The "complain-first-before-you-obey team" consists of Tao, Kai and Sehun... and sometimes Baekhyun. I think their team name is self-explanatory. I don't have to tell you why. Hahaha.

 

By the way, the so-called teams aren't really teams, but rather, I'm just trying to group ourselves based on character or personality...well, those that I see anyway. Now, if we have the complain team and vollunteer tea, we also have the silent-but-deadly team. Kyungie leads this team. Lay, Suho, Xiumin and Kris hyung are on this team. You might ask why Luhan hyung is not part of this group. Well, yeah he's deadly, but he isn't actually silent. He knows how to nag as well. LMAO. Chen is is talkative, and he isn't a complainer either. He has his own solo team. LOL. Just like Luhan. They are special cases. But if you ask me, baekhyun is the loudest and most talkative of us all. Not Sehun because Sehun automatically shuts up when Luhan imposes his "Luhan Law," but Baekhyun puts up a fight first.  I think he loves tormenting Luhan and wants to drive him to insanity. But when Luhan starts to give out the 2nd warning, he'd stop, because there was no 3rd warning. It's punishment after that. He learned tge hard way when he didn't heed Luhan's warning about not messing up with the main water switch.

 

Oh yeah, Kris hyung is silent but deadly. He smiles and talks and jokes with us, but I think because he was one of the three oldest, he's somehow reserved. Just like Xiumin hyung. Xiumin hyung may seem the talkative type, but he's really a man of few words. Kris hyung was scary, when I first met him, I thought he'd punch me in the face for saying "hello." That's how scary he was back then. Now, I can joke at and with him, but I sttill don' try to mess with him when he looks serous, coz he might be thinking deeply about something and not wanting to be bothered.

 

Oh yeah, before I forget, I didn't like Suho hyung at first. I felt he was bossy and a know-it-all. LOL. He lived by he rules. Luhan was deadly, but his laws were different. Suho's laws were papa's definite laws. And I had a hard time adjusting, because at times he twisted it to fit the situation. And he seemed to skip the punishment parts whenever we did something wrong. If Luhan imposed punishment, Suho tried to find a way around it, so you'd end up feelin bad about yourself. I h ated him for that. LOL. But as time went by, I began to appreciate what he did. I preferred his way over the "Luhan Law." =D When before I used to roll my eyes at him when he exercised diplomacy, now I anticipate his twisted laws whenever I or anyone of us does something wrong.

 

If I said Baekhyun was the most talkative, he'd say that I am. Yeah, I know I talk a lot, but not all the time. I only talk so much when the occasion calls for it. Baekhyun talks even if he isn't supposed to. Bahahahaha! Don't tell him I said that. LOL. Sehun is bratty and talkative, but Baekhyun is the most. I only fall 3rd place. Well, 5th actually, if you count Tao and Chen.

 

Tao is weird. Funny and weird at the same tim. But he's actually smart and intelligent. He just doesn't seem to realize it. He's even more childish than Kai and Xiao Yi. But he isn't bratty like Sehun. He gets along well with Baekhyun, Xiao Yi, Kris, Suho and Xiumin hyung... and occasionally with me. As for the others, he's okay with them too, but gets into childish brawls with them, especially with Sehun, Kai and Chen. Well, what do you expect from a 14-year old? Just normal. But he gets weird at times when it comes to his things. He's a greedy kid, but when he feels that you don't care, he'd start sharing. LOL. But we got used to it and doesn't mind.

 

Which brings me to telling you that it pays to hav a rich father most of the time. Especially for adolescent boys. I don't know about Xiao Yi, but I'm thankful papa is rich. LOL. Even if I don't have a car yet, I have stuff most kids only dreamed of. Also, Baekhyun, Chen, Lay and I were enrolled in driving sschool, so anytime soon, we'll be allowed to drive the family cars. The four oldest have cars already. I am jealous, but only about the cars and not the responsibility. I usually ride with Xiumin or Kris hyung to school. I dare not ride with Luhan. And Suho hyung has his regular "passengers" in Kyungie, Chen and Lay. The youngest kids usually ride withh Luhan, anyway. They're his responsibility. =P

 


 

This is just a bit of what Baekhyun and Chanyeol wants to tell us all. BaekYeol is one of my fave OTPs, so I kinda wanted to experiment on what they have to say as brothers. LOL. =D