Maknae Stakeout

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us

 

 

An awkward remark calls for an awkward response, right?

 

"She's not allowed to have a boyfriend."

 

I fought the urge to facepalm. But that wasn't the worst. I heard Taehyung respond.

 

"We shall see..."

 

ASDFGHJKL! I cannot with these situation. Luhan just opened his mouth in disbelief, while Kris started to crunch his knuckles. Baekhyun looked like he was sharpening a sword with his glare. Chanyeol was uneasy on his seat and was shifting edgily. And as always, to the point of being cliche, Sehun broke the tension.

 

Sehun: Just don't call her chagiya, okay? Kyungsoo hyung already owns that.

 

The tense air loosened up and laughters erupted from my idiot brothers. Specially Chen who laughed that sounded like chagiyahahaha! chagiyahahaha! Taehyung, obviously didn't want to mess with my brothers, quickly amended.

 

Taehyung: I was kidding, guys. I was only admiring your sister's beauty.

Luhan: We know.

Kris: But she is not allowed to date. Really. Jinjjayo. Zhen de. Arasseo?

Taehyung: Arasseo, hyung.

 

The tension gone, we resumed talking like nothing happened. The parents casually called us to the table, so we could all have dinner. There were 2 tables set up outside the pool area. There wasn't any seating arrangement since it wasn't a formal affair. Even so, as customary in our family and because we just got used to it, we waited for the elders to be seated and serve food, before we did so ourselves. The Korean family was surprisingly not very different from us, because their children also waited til their parents were seated and had food.

 

To make  a long story short, we ate dinner. Around the middle part of it, conversation among the elders made us youngsters listen very well. Because for some reason, and I don't know what was that reason, the topic about marriage came up. Papa was bragging about his 3 senior boys who were off to college soon. He also bragged that none of them were planning to marry at a young age, and have not decided to date yet. Mr. Kim then raised his glass for a toast, and added that it would have been better if he had a daughter so he could play matchmaker with one of my geges. I stole a glance at Luhan, Xiumin and Kris gege and smiled sweetly when I saw them cringe. Apparently, their aversion to the word "marriage" hasn't subsided. But my sweet smile didn't last long as I heard papa mention to Mr. Kim that he had a daughter, and it wouldn't be much of a bother if one of his boys were to marry me. I looked at papa with my mouth open. Mama made a guttural noise and almost choked on her food. Jungkook dropped his chopsticks and Yoon Gi snorted. The other boys were busy with their food and talking to each other, so it meant that the only people who heard (aside from the elders) were me, Xiumin, Luhan, Kris, Jungkook and Yoon Gi.

 

Mama: Dear, we are not going to talk about letting our youngest marry at a time like this. (Chuckles from the other elders)

Papa: I was merely saying that if Xiao Yi were to marry, it's best that we knew the boy's family.

Mama: But she's only 13 years old, dear.

Papa: I know, ma. 

Mr. Kim: And my Jungkook is only 14. (Laughter)

 

Who told you about my crush on Jungkook?

 

His dad apparently noticed the looks his son was giving me, and when Jungkook dropped his chopsticks when papa mentioned marriage, he might have put two and two together and concluded his youngest son was suited for me. Oh dear Xiao Yi. You know you cannot. I swiftly turned to look in Jungkook's direction to see his reaction. He was indeed looking at me. His chopsticks lay on the table, apparently forgotten. And he was staring at me. Awkward. And because there was no seating arrangement, he was strategically seated in between 2 of my brothers namely Kris and Chanyeol. Kris heard everything, but Chanyeol didn't. He was playing flick-his-forehead-with-your-chopsticks-because-your-food-disappeared with Kai on his other side. Kai was stealing food from other people's plates again. It was a bad habit of his. And if he's caught, he'd deny it with his annoying angelic pokerface. Kris was looking at me and when he spotted me looking straight at Jungkook, he did a side glance at him and cleared his throat. Jungkook dropped his gaze and picked up his chopsticks to resume eating. Chanyeol heard Kris and shot him a questioning look, to which Kris used his eyes to point at Jungkook. Chanyeol caught on and drummed his fingers beside Jungkook's plate. My poor crush couldn't raise his head and continued to put food in his mouth without chewing. I shot Chanyeol and Kris with one of my angry face distortions, and the two just smirked at me. I facepalmed right there and then. Luhan was on my right and I unintentionally hit him with my elbow as I facepalmed. 

 

Luhan: Oww...careful dear. (He was about to drink and he almost spilled his drink on his shirt)

Me: Duibuqi-ah.

Luhan: You done eating?

Me: Ye- Nope.

 

Beep!

 

That unmistakable phone beep. One text message, and I knew it was not for me, because I turned off my phone. Luhan's phone was on the table and it vibrated as it beeped. He quickly drank his beverage and picked up his phone after. He read the text message and cleared his throat as well.

 

Luhan: Ahemm...

 

I pretended to lean back to stretch my arms, but I was actually trying to read the message on his phone. I was only able to make out the sender's name as Kris gege when Luhan suddenly snapped at me.

 

Luhan: Bad habit, Xiao Yi. Stop doing that.

Me: Huh? I...wasn't...

Luhan: I saw you stretching your arm back there. We're on the dinner table. Stretch when you're done eating and away from the table.

Me: *secretly relieved* Ahh...baoqian le. I won't do it again.

Luhan: Good. Now, finish your food.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

I felt so full, and I stretched myself on the bed. We were home. Papa decided not to stay out very long because he and his colleagues were going to inspect the fourth beach house, that their company owned, the next day. Thank yous and goodnights were exchanged, and mama brought back some left over food. Yes, we eat leftover food from parties too. Even if we were well-to-do, we didn't waste food like the other high class families in our neighborhood. Oh, let's not get to that. I don't want to bore you with stories about snob people in our neighborhood. But even if we resided in an area where most of the affluent (and snobbish) people of Southern Beijing lived, I still missed it.

 

We lived in the outskirts of Fengtai District of Beijing. It wasn't really far away from Central Beijing, Huaixin and Wangzuo Skatepark that my brothers frequented. Papa didn't like living within the hustle and bustle of the city, so he settled for a more secluded part of the district. We used to live in Tianjin where there were countless beaches and we used to spend our free time strolling along the shore. But we moved to Beijing when papa got promoted. So no more sea for us, but we discovered a fishing park just nearby and we went to that during weekends when we first arrived. I must have confused you before when I said the boys liked to skate on the beachfront. LOL. I am so sorry. I somehow mixed up the old place with our new home.

 

As I reminisced, I heard a knock on the door and a muffled voice.

 

"Xiao Yi? Are you still awake?"

 

I couldn't make out whose voice it was, because it sounded like the person had something in his mouth. But I answered all the same. "Yes, I'm awake. Who are you?"

 

"It's me. Tao."

 

I think he had food in his mouth. I stood up and opened the door for him. Indeed he had food in his mouth as he came in. He also had food in his hands and three bottles of orange juice he cradled in his arm. He handed me one bottle and a pack of chips. I absentmindedly accepted.

 

Me: What...? Why? (Obviously confused)

Tao: I can't eat in our room. Kris gege stealing my food. And Luhan. And Xiumin. And Chanyeol. And Lay. And Baekhyun. And even Suho gege. (Loud sigh)

Me: Wait. Why are they in your room?

Tao: I don't know. They actually kicked me out. So I brought all my food stash with me. They're having a sort of "hyung" meeting.

Me: Meeting? About?

Tao: Before they started, they kicked me out already. Can I sleep here?

Me: Sure.

Tao: Great!

 

I opened the bag of chips he gave me and popped one in my mouth. It was almost 10 PM. Dieting wasn't part of the Wu family vocabulary. Why? We just doidn't get fat. LOL. Okay. Back to reality.

 

Me: Do you have any idea what they are talking about?

Tao: Nope. (And he took one big gulp of orange juice)

Me: ...I think... I know...

 

I was hesitant to tell him about the "marriage" incident earlier at dinner. Tao gege was a spy. He could get information easily if he wanted to. Even if he didn't mean to. So I just shrugged and continued to say, "...not really, actually. Hehehe."

 

Tao: I have a feeling it's about Kyungie hyung and his chagiya.

Me: Oh?

Tao: I sort of caught something on my way out. I heard them say something about dating.

Me: Well, what do you know. They probably are going to discuss about their secret love lives.

Tao: You think so?

Me: Your guess is as good as mine.

Tao: You know I am never wrong, right?

Me: Yep.

Tao: But I feel I'm wrong on this one, now. There's just something off about it. If it was about Kyungie hyung, they wouldn't have kicked me out.

Me: Oh yeah. Well...it's possibly something else...or someone else...

Tao: Who?

Me: Uhm...Me?

Tao: You? Why you?

Me: I shouldn't tell you though.

Tao: Why?

Me: You sound like Sehun. Stop that.

Tao: I'm not Sehun.

Me: But you sound like him just now. It's creepy, gege. (Poke his cheeks with my finger)

Tao: I'm not creepy. And I ain't derp like him.

Me: You still haven't forgiven him about the iPod thing?

Tao: No. (Suddenly beams) Can you help me with something?

Me: Depends.

Tao: Just a simple thing actually. Please, Xiao Yi. *Bbuingbbuing*

Me: Ughhhh...Okayyyyy

Tao: Wo feichang ganxie, qin'ai de ah-mei.

 

And he hugged me.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

He wanted me to steal Sehun's iPod. -_-

Wow. How thrilling. What an adventure. -_-

My gege was as immature as a 5 year-old kid. -_-

I reluctantly agreed upon hearing his "simple" request. -_-

He stayed in my room as I went out to Sehun's room. I knocked on the door and Sehun-ge opened it for me.

 

Sehun: What are you doing here, Xiao Yi?

Me: Nothing. I just wanted to stay for a bit. Why are you alone?

Sehun: Xiumin hyung went to Kris ge's room.

Me: Do you know why?

Sehun: Nope. Why?

Me: Because... (I improvised, determined to get the iPod for Tao. Ugghhhh. Why did I agree to this?) Because I also saw Luhan and Chanyeol and Baekhyun go inside Kris ge's room.

Sehun: Ooooohhhh. I smell something fishy.

Me: Like what?

 

He started for the door and opened it. He poked his head out and strained to hear what was going on on the other room. Kris and Tao's room were adjacent to his and Xiumin-ge's room. That was my cue to look for the hidden iPod. But I found it just lying on his bed. Ooohhh, not so hidden after all. I picked it up and put it inside my pajama pocket. I casually walked over to the door and poked my head out.

 

Me: So, got anything?

Sehun: Not really. But I hear hushed voices inside.

Me: Hmm...Go nearer?

Sehun: What if they suddenly open the door?

Me: I don't think they would.

Sehun: Okay. Come with me.

Me: No.

Sehun: Scared?

Me: Yes.

 

Actually, I wasn't. I was only in a hurry to get back to my room to give Tao the iPod. But deep inside my head, I wanted to come with Sehun and spy on our geges. Wu Maknae Stakeout Operation. I grinned to myself. I was sounding like Tao gege that minute. I chuckled, leaving Sehun to walk in front of Kris' door and me walking to my room. Once inside my room, I smiled at Tao ge as he asked, "Well?"

 

Me: I have it.

Tao: Excellent! Give it here.

 

And I gave it to him. I didn't know why he wanted to get the iPod so much. I mean, what was the big deal? But hey, as long as I didn't break any law.... But I already broke one. LOL. No stealing. Ugh. I was a thief. Thank you, Tao gege for making me a thief. I hate you now. LOL. No. I still love you. Just please forgive Sehun gege already, so I don't have to do any more stupid tricks for you. Bow.

 

Me: Don't you want to know what they are talking about in your room?

Tao: I want to, actually.

Me: Then, what are you waiting for? Sehun is already out their door and listening in.

Tao: Zhen de ma?

Me: Yes, really.

 

And I grabbed the iPod and flung it on the bed so as not to break it, then pulled Tao's hand and creeped out the door. Sehun was leaning against the door with his ear pressed on it. He saw us get out of my room and motioned for us to come closer. His and Tao's misunderstanding all forgotten, because we had a mission. I slid to the floor and pressed my ear on the door, Tao beside me. I swear, if anyone walked in on us doing that, we'd be dead meat. And we were indeed caught in the act. By Soo oppa. He went out of their room and was making his way down to the kitchen probably, when he spotted us. Their room was beside mine. He stopped in his tracks...in front of us...in front of the door.

 

Soo: What are you doing there?

 

All three of us on the door scrambled back inside Sehun's room, pulling Soo with us.

 

Soo: Heyy! Wait! I need to pee!

Sehun: Open the window, then.

Soo: What? No way!

Sehun: Just pee there okay?

 

And he shoved Soo oppa to the nearest window. I fought the urge to laugh.

 

Soo: What were you doing there? (He asked after he finished pee-ing. Out the window. LOL. My idiot brothers.)

Sehun: The hyungs are holding a meeting about something.

Soo: What meeting?

Sehun: Isn't Chen hyung in there, too?

Soo: He's asleep already.

Sehun: Oh.

Tao: They kicked me out, you know. All I heard while going out was something about dating.

 

Chagiya!

 

Soo: They couldn't mean...me? Oh, for heaven's sake. Stop that look you guys.

Tao: I don't think so.  They wouldn't have kicked me out.

Soo: Yeah...So, you know what they're talking about?

Tao: We were about to...until you blabbered out loud about what we were doing there.

 

And he rolled his eyes at Soo oppa. The latter felt sorry for what he did, and tried to make amends by going out by himself and pressing his ear on the door. He was also curious what the older boys were talking about. We followed him out and pressed our ears on the door. As we strained our ears to hear every word that was said inside, Kai decided to go out of their room as well. He just stepped out the door when he saw all four of us stuck on the door. He raised his eyebrow and mouthed, "What are you doing?" Now, that's what we call tact. I was grateful to him that he didn't say it out loud. We couldn't give him an answer for fear the oldies would hear us, so he walked over to us and whispered again.

 

Kai: What are you doing?

Tao: We're on a stakeout.

Kai: Why?

Tao: Just listen in. Shhh...

Kai: Okay. I just heard some noise and wanted to check what it was. It's only you guys. Hahah...

Soo: Shhhhhhhhhhh... I think I hear something. It's loud and clear.

 

And we all stopped talking. Kai found a space to press his ear to and we looked like lizards sticking on that patch of a door. If papa or mama saw us, we'd be prisoners of war now. We heard Kris gege speaking. He had a full, loud voice, so whenever he spoke, it was clear as ice.

 

Kris: No dating policy for under 17 kids, right? (Grunts of agreement) Papa made it clear that no one under the age of 17 is allowed to date. Especially marry. I don't believe all of you heard what papa said earlier at dinner. But he mentioned something about Xiao Yi being married to one of the Kim brothers. Well, something to that effect. My ears hurt when I heard it, so I don't know if I heard the other words correctly. Mr. Kim sort of "offered" his son Jungkook...

Luhan: No. He said his son was only 14 years old.

Kris: Yes, he said that. Read between the lines, Lu.

Luhan: I don't want to. 

Kris: Yeah. Whatever. Anyway, we're still staying in Florida for the next 14 days. And it's inevitable that one day our Xiao Yi would run into the Kim brothers again. 

Xiumin: It only takes a few minutes to...

Luhan: No. It won't happen.

Chanyeol: To what, Xiumin hyung?

Xiumin: To ask a girl to be your girlfriend...

Luhan: Like I said, it's not going to happen.

Baekhyun: Didn't they say they were moving to Beijing?

Kris: Time for us to move back to Tianjin.

Lay: Uh-huh...

 

OMG. Hahahahaha! I chuckled at Lay gege's answer. He sounded so sleepy. I bet he was only awake for the sake of saving face. The others with me also laughed hysterically in silence, each gripping their sides to control the sound.

 

Kris: So, Luhan, Xiumin and I called this meeting for us to plan.

Suho: Plan what? By the sound of it, I feel like I'm an evil older brother. OTL Kris gege.

Kris: We'll just take turns supervising Xiao Yi.

Luhan: I can do 24/7

Chanyeol: I'll do the in-betweens if any of you falls asleep.

Suho: Papa trusts the Kims.

Luhan: You are a Wu. You should trust the Wus, not Kims.

Lay: Uh-huh...

 

That did it. All 5 of us stuck on the door, un-stuck ourselves and went inside the nearest room, which was Sehun's and laughed our insides out. Okay. It was no laughing matter, their plan. But Lay gege's answers were just daebak. LMAO! Kai was rolling on the floor, literally, which made us laugh all the more. Then a knock on the door. We all froze. The door opened and a head poked in.

 

Guys? Are you okay?

 

It was just Chen. He woke up. We sighed loudly and almost like as if we rehearsed it, we answered at the same time, with the same thing. With laughter at the end. You know...

 

Uh-huh...

 

 



 

Okay. I just want to smack the oldies each on the head. LMAO. I cannot with this. Another chapter down.

Just a bit about Fengtai District. Based on my research, it's one of the suburban areas of Beijing. Crowded in most, because of the diversity of businesses that are slowly but surely creeping up the economic ladder. Whatever. LOL. It is reported that most of Southern Beijing's wealthy families reside in the Fengtai district. Since the Wu family moved from Tianjin province to Beijing after their dad's promotion, they've become one of the wealthy families. They were already well-to-do before, but not as wealthy as  they are now. 

And if you noticed on my story feed...well, only if you  noticed. Heheh. Rentals for a month-long stay at one of the Florida beach houses in Palm Coast that I used for this story, ranged from $20K - $35K, so that's roughly 21329200.0037326100.00 And that's both for peak/off-peak rates. Talk about richness. $_$ I smell millions, gazillions worth of Wu material. LMAO.

Anyway, thank you for subscribing. And thank you to those who commented and suggested. I am cooking up something for you. LOL. Just a little surprise in the coming chapters. I hope you will stay with them til the end. And even stay until Luhan, Xiumin and Kris go to college. xD Okay, so much for that giveaway. It's a sequel I am thinking of. But there's something else, too. I won't tell. You'll just know once it's there. LOL. =P

Comments? Suggestions?

Wo ai nimen! 我爱你们 ♥ 사랑해요... LOL. 사랑하자 EXO! (I'm learning to write in Hangul)