Utada Hikaru

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us

 

 

Whoa. Who was that? That was over the intercom and not the school FM radio feed.

Our school has an in-house FM radio, courtesy of the journalism class. Sometimes, they are allowed to report announcements over the school intercom in behalf of the admin. It wasn't regular school day, so we were shocked to hear someone over the intercom. And because it was announced over the air, people were coming over to our table, girls and boys, to say hello to my senior year brothers.

 

As we know, these three hunks used to grace our campus for the last three years. We missed them, right? I, personally, miss them myself. *giggles*

 

Kris: Who the --?

Luhan: Hey, hey... Your words?

Kris: I don't need this right now. It's awkward.

Luhan: I know, but come on. Let them have their fun?

Xiumin: Fun. I am so happy. -_-

Luhan: At least there are no sticky notes on our foreheads or something.

Kris: Okay.

Xiumin: But I have a feeling my face will be all over youtube again later.

Kris: Huh?

Tao: Because someone took a video of him earlier.

Luhan: Zhen de ma? Really?

Xiumin: Neh, jinjja. 

Luhan: Well... you'll be the next youtube sensation.

Sehun: ...buying a canned soda.

 

Luhan flicked Sehun's head with his fork, because he was seated in front of the latter. Sehun threw a candy wrapper at Luhan and stuck his tongue out.

 

Luhan: I am not letting you ride with me going home, either. You take the bus.

Sehun: I'll go with Suho gege.

Suho: I think Xiumin hyung won't be the only youtube sensation.

 

Everybody turned to look at Suho. What?

 

Suho: Everybody seems to not notice, except me orz, that some people are holding out camera phones, obviously video recording us right now.

 

Kai waved at the nearest girl who had her camera phone up. The girl blushed and pocketed her phone. Tao winked. Chen arranged his hair and gave a mischievous smile. Baek put on his poker face, but I knew deep inside he was only trying to behave so he'd look calm and collected in the video. Yo oppa grinned at everybody. I cannot, please. Not even the first day of school and the boys are already flirting. The three oldies, for once, didn't look up, but continued eating. Suo, Lay and Soo kept their cool...with the latter blushing so hard.

 

After lunch, Kris asked if we were all done plotting our subjects. All of us were done with our schedules and he nodded. He stood up, ready to leave. He was tasked to do grocery and anyone who rode with him in the car would be expected to help. I volunteered. Luhan reminded me that I was his responsibility that day. But I insisted. In the end, he agreed, but he'd be helping out too. So I still got to ride with him in his car. The other boys decided to come along. That meant all 13 of us were going to go buy groceries. LOL. Luhan called mama to let her know that her boys and her only girl will be going with Kris to the supermarket. Mama seemed to approve, for Luhan just herded us out the cafeteria and to the parking lot. We arrived at the parking lot with shocked faces. More than the usual amount of sticky notes were stuck on each of my brothers' cars. Nobody was found at the scene of the crime though. Probably hiding somewhere in the bushes next to the parking space. Anyway, I climbed in Luhan's car. I didn't bother removing the notes. Luhan started to remove the notes one by one, not reading them. He didn't throw it away, though. He placed them in the compartment. My brother was tactful. Not wanting to hurt the middle high fan girls. Hehehe. That went the same for the other 3; Xiumin, Kris and Suho. I saw them put the notes either in their pocket or in the compartment (or that's what it looked like).

 

Four cars went out the school gates. Four cars went in the supermarket basement parking. Thirteen kids climbed out from the four cars and made our way in the supermarket. Kris and Xiumin in the lead. Suho and Lay took the rear with Kai and Soo. Kris took out his wallet and pulled out the grocery list. He thumbed over it and nodded to himself. Then made a mental note about something before saying, "Alright. Listen up." And we did.

 

Kris: Ma gave this grocery list, and so to be quick about this, let's split up. Suho, you copy these...and go get these...let us meet in...cashier...uh...10. Okay?

Suho: Gotcha, ge. *takes out phone, copies some items*

Kris: Hyung-ah, I think you better go buy these...and these...yeah...oh, and some fruits.

Xiumin: How many of these?

Kris: Wait...no number of packs?

Xiumin: Whut? Okay, let's just get 4 of those.

Kris: Okay. Rlab. Go get carts.

Luhan: I think Lay and Kyungsoo should go with Xiumin. There's vegetables and meat listed there.

Xiumin: Yeah, come with me, boys.

 

Suho was already gone to buy what was on his list. Tao, Sehun, and Chen went with him. I stayed with Luhan and Kris ge. Chanyeol and Baekhyun with us. Kai followed Xiumin as they walked to the meatshop. Our group went to the beverages, canned goods and boxed food. Suho's group were the home improvement stuff. Xiumin's were all about food. LOL. Kris didn't trust himself with buying food stuff, he always lets Soo or Lay come with him. Or even Luhan. Luhan gege wasn't a very good cook compared to Lay and Soo, but he knew what to buy. Just don't leave him alone in the kitchen. Heheheh.

 

We converged falling in line at cashier number 10. But as we were so many, Kris and Luhan stayed in line and the rest of us waited for them by the exit. We sat on the benches that were lined up along the wall. Other people were also there, either waiting for someone, or just resting. While we waited, we occupied ourselves with either playin on our phones or listening to music. The supermarket had pipe-in music too. At that time, they were playing a 90's RnB song. Boyz 2 Men. I recognized it, because Chen and Baekhyun sometimes sang it at home. It was their English version of Utada Hikaru's song, First Love. And uppon hearing the song, my brothers sang along. Aloud.

 

You were always gonna be my love and you should know
Even if I fall in love with somebody else
I'll remember to love you (taught me how)
You're always gonna be the one and for now
I'll still be singing this love song for somebody like you, 
My first love

 

Soo oppa, who had didn't usually sing in large crowds, sang along with them. Of course, these three had the most heavenly voices in our family. I closed my eyes as they sang along with the music. As the song ended, I heard clapping around us. I opened my eyes and saw that the people around us were clapping. My brothers grinned sheepishly and bowing. Some of them even shouted, "More!" Soo oppa blushed so much that he looked like a squishy apple. LOL. Baek and Chen just grinned and bowed. Luhan, Xiumin and Kris, already paid for our grocery, came to where we were seated. Luhan commanded, "Let's go home." A couple who were seated on the bench beside us told Luhan, "You're brothers?"

 

Luhan: Yes, we are.

Girl: Lucky family. Not only talented, handsome too.

Luhan: Lucky genes, I guess?

Couple: Very lucky.

Luhan: Ah, da-ren, you just don't know... *chuckles*

Boy: What do you mean?

Luhan: Let's just say, we're not lucky in some aspects. LOL.

Couple: Impossible!

Kris: Anything is possible with us, da-ren.

 

The couple laughed and waved their hand. They didn't believe Luhan and Kris. LOL. Luhan and Kris thanked them and proceeded to herd us all out the supermarket and down to the basement parking.

 

In the car, on our way home, Baek was still singing. He rode with us in Luhan's car. I was betting that Soo and Chen were also singing in the other cars. Luhan let him sing his heart out and even sang along. I closed my eyes as they sang Utada Hikaru's song. Luhan and Baek's blending at the chorus was just daebak. I wanted to stop the car and let Soo and Chen oppa sing together with them. Hehehe. I was fangirling over my own brothers. I was plotting a worldwide concert schedule for them. Me as their manager. Kris, Tao and Yo oppa would do the rap parts. Kai and Sehun will be the lead dancers. Lay gege would be the singer/dancer/composer of the group. Suho and Xiumin our poster boys. I smiled to myself. I was going to get rich by managing my brothers. Papa and mama would be proud of me. LOL. 

 

Luhan: What's funny, Xiao Yi?

Me: I'm gonna be a record label manager someday.

Luhan: What?

Me: You heard me, gege.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Back at home, the oldies went to stock the fridge and pantry of the stuff we bought. Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Chen helped carry them inside. Mama and papa weren't home. A note was posted on the door of the fridge.

 

Gone out to the pedia center. Papa went to Chaoyang district. We'll be home late at night. Eat dinner on time, dears. See you then. Take care. Mama.

 

I went out the back to sit by the pool. I stretched out and lay down on the oversized pouf chairs. I still hadn't gotten over the singing at the supermarket. I filled my mind with thoughts of a world concert, featuring my brothers. I laughed. I didn't notice some of my brothers were watching me from the porch up the second floor of the house. I only came out my reverie when I heard my name being called.


Xiao Yi!

 

I opened my eyes and looked around me. I saw no one. But then again, I heard the voices coming from above. I looked up at the house. And I saw Tao, Kai, and Chen waving at me. I waved back. They shouted for me to come inside the house. I shook my head. Then Kai made a face at me and ducked. It was as if he was picking something up. Yes, he was. Because whatever he picked up, he threw it at me. It was a water bomb. Ughhhh. Bully little sister operation in effect. Major alert.

 

GEGEEEEE!

 

I shouted at the top of my lungs. Which gege heard it, I didn't care. As long as they saved me from my barbaric brothers. They were barbarians for me at the moment, because they disurbed my peace and quiet. Luhan and Xiumin responded to my cries of help. They both appeared out the poolside.

 

Xiumin: What happened?

Luhan: Are you alright?

Me: No, I'm not okay. They threw a water bomb at me. Look!

 

I pointed up at the porch. The three who were up there ducked. But Luhan and Xiumin already saw them. The three made a run for it and went back inside. They were probably going to lock themselves in their rooms now. Xiumin and Luhan went back inside the house. I knew the three were dead meat. I smiled to myself again. I fell asleep.

 

I made my way in the house after my afternoon nap outside. The house was fairly quiet. I saw Soo oppa in the kitchen. He was baking something. Peacefully.No bullies. Where were they? Xiumin and Lay were in the living room playing on the XBox. Hmm... Chanyeol bounded down the stairs, headphones on and humming. He went out the front door. Going somewhere? I thought to myself. I shrugged. I went up the stairs. I met Baek who slapped my back gently as he walked past. "Going back to sleep, Xiao Yi?"

 

Me: Nope. I'm wondering where are the bullies.

Baek: Who?

Me: Tao, Kai, Chen oppa.

Baek: They're outside. Scrubbing the wall.

Me: Justice.

 

Oh yeah...

 



 

The title for this chapter is random. I was listening to Utada Hikaru while drafting this, and I remembered Boyz 2 Men had an English version. This won't be a long afternote, I'm in a mush-fest right now. LOL. I've been playing First Love over and over for the past 2 hours now. OMG. I'm imagining Chen, Soo, and Baekhyun singing to it. And Luhan doing the last stanza. ASDFASFDAFADFADFDAFADFDASADASDASF. LMAO. Okay. 

A short chapter, I know. Nearing the end. And about to start with Book 2/Sequel. Uhmm... ^~^

Comments? Suggestions? As always, hit me up. xD

我爱你们 ♥ 사랑해요!  EXO 사랑하자 !