His and Theirs: All 13 of Us (Part 14)

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us

Formal parties were really not our thing, but since we were expected to behave, we didn't complain...much. Hahaha. The emcees were greeting the guests by table and lastly greeted the ones on the VIP table. Everyone clapped when the host of the party was called. I stole a glance at the other table where my other brothers were seated. Their eyes were fixed on the stage but were fidgeting on their seats. I let myself drift into a daydream. Well, actually, just remembering stuff that happened not long ago, just so I wouldn't be bored. I didn't really understood what the emcees were talking about. 

The lights dimmed and a sort of dance presentation happened on the stage. I wasn't paying attention because of my daydream. LOL. The music became my blullaby and the lights seemed to lull me to sleep.  If not for Tao poking me in the cheeks, I would have fallen face flat on the table, snoring.

Tao: Xiao Yi, are you asleep?

Me: Huh..? Wha-? Uh...

Tao: You were nodding off.

Me: Zhen de ma?

Tao: Shi de. You were almost snoring. Hahaha.

Me: Shut up.

Tao: I was only telling the truth. And helping you avoid falling face-flat on the table. Hahahah

Me: Fine, thank you.

Kai: What's going on?

Tao: Nothing. I wanna go up to our room and watch TV.

Kai: Me too, actually.

Sehun: Let's go?

Me: And then be shipped to Timbuktu first thing in the morning.

Sehun: You are so hopeful Xiao Yi.

Me: I am not.

Kai: Maybe we can ask papa to let us off after this stupid program?

Tao: We don't really need to "rub elbows" with these boring people.

Me: Yeah... (yawning very wide)

Kai suddenly reached out and clamped my mouth. I stifled a laugh as I understood his intentions. He looked at me with unbelieving eyes and narrowed his eyes.

Me: Sorry hyung.

Kai: You honestly forgot or you are really hopeful you'd be shipped?

I just shot him a questioning look and stuck my tongue out.

Sehun: Papa is glancing here...oh wait...no. False alarm. LOL.

Tao, Kai and me: Sehunnnnn!

Sehun: Sorryyyyyy.... (He raised his hands up)

 

We didn't really understood what happened next. A series of speeches from people we didn't know and those speeches seemed to last forever. Each one of the men who gave a speech spent at least 15-20 minutes blabbering about numbers, statistics, and economic growth, etc. We stole a glance at the other table and the boys there were not even hiding their boredom, playing with the table napkins, and occasionally glancing at their phones from under the table. 

 

There was a 30-minute break after the speeches, and songs from Nat King Cole were played. We found ourselves appreciating the songs of the yester-years. I saw Yo-oppa swaying to the music while Chen-oppa seemed to mouth the words.

 

But the main event wasn't done yet. Before dinner was actually served, the emcees called papa's boss up the stage. And in turn he called papa up there. All eyes were on the stage. Even us who were starting to fall asleep on our chairs. It was our father after all, who was up there, going to be congratulated or something, by his boss.

 

Mr. Soo-Kui, papa's boss started with giving out a brief description of the recent business deal he and papa had with an American real estate company. It turned out that they closed a deal to acquire 4 beach vacation houses in Florida. And these weren't just vacation houses, since they are situated strategically with the tourist spots of the area and can house 15-20 people each house.

 

No wonder papa didn't hesitate in telling us of a month-long American vacation. That must mean we'll be staying at one of the houses they just recently acquired. A much-needed break, I think. Papa's boss was nice. Or at least that's what we thought. LOL. We didn't really know Mr Soo-Kui that much, except when we answer his occasional phone calls to papa at home. It was always "Hello, good morning/afternoon/evening." And "Yes, Mr. Soo-Kui. Hold on, sir." Hahaha.

 

They asked everyone to stand up for a toast on the closed deal. Everyone toasted and clapped. When everyone was seated once again, they gave papa time to give his thank  you speech. We straightened on our chairs, knowing papa will somehow mention us and glance at each one of us as he says our name one by one. And we were not mistaken. He started off to thank his boss and their business partner in America. Then he thanked his staff. He also thanked the people who helped make the deal a possibility, like their American businessmen friends. And lastly, he thanked mama who accompanied him in all his dealings, as his gracious inspiration; and of course his children. He mentioned us all one by one, starting with Xiumin-oppa down to me, the maknae and the only girl. He even joked that he sometimes forgets he had a daughter because he calls us all his "sons." People laughed at this and smiled at me. I bowed my head down, hiding my face behind Tao gege.

 

I still could feel some eyes were fixed on me. Papa finished his speech and the emcee called the American business partner to give his speech. I decided not to listen to the rest of the speech and just played with my phone. I texted Yo-oppa.

 

Me: Yo-oppa...can you ask Lu Han gege if I can go up to our room?

Chan: Okay. But why didn't you just text him yourself?

Me: I'm afraid he will say no...

Chan: Ehh? Okay then.

 

I waited for him to text back. I stole a glance at Lu Han ge's table. He was talking to papa when I looked at him. Then he glanced my way and back at papa who nodded. He then stood up and walked over toward our table. I smiled sheepishly as he approached us.

 

Lu Han: Xiao Yi, are you okay?

Me: Yes, gege. But I just don't like to stay longer. I'm getting sleepy.

Lu Han: Papa said you can go back up after dinner. They're serving dinner now.

Me: Okay.

Lu Han: Just text me when you're done, so I can accompany you up.

Me: But...aren't you supposed to stay?

Lu Han: Yeah, I am. But papa told me to bring you up myself. And Yeol, too. So you won't be alone.

Me: Ahhh...that's good. I don't wanna be alone up there.

Lu Han: I already texted Yeol, by the way. So just tell me when you're done with your dinner okay?

I nodded and smiled. He smiled too and waved at Yeol on the other table. He then walked back to their table and waited for dinner.

 

Dinner was served. I didn't have any appetite because I was starting to get bored. But the three boys beside me were not showing any signs of boredom with the food. They exchanged looks of gluttony when the main course was served. I just rolled my eyes and ate a portion of my food. I kept glancing at Lu Han's table and Yeol's table respectively. The VIP table was lively with chatter, and laughter from the elder men was heard across the ballroom. Yeol's table was a different story. Chen oppa was leaning to his right most of the time. Probably avoiding his left-side seatmate so he won't die. LOL. I giggled when he caught my eye and he rolled his, as if to say "Yeah right, you laugh at me now.

 

Baekhyun gege was chuckling all throughout the time he was eating. He would turn his head the other way to giggle so hard and try to pick his food with his fork, but kept laughing. Yeol kept flicking his head and pointing the VIP table with his mouth. But Baek didn't seem to mind laughing while eating. He made gestures to breathe into his food before putting it into his mouth. Chen looked really disgusted and flicked his food toward Baek who purposedly choked on his food. 

 

Soo oppa who was on the other side of Baek kept elbowing him and givng death glares. Then he smacked Baek's arm with his spoon. Yeol and Chen saw that and laughed out loud. People on their table and nearby all turned their heads to look at them. Just before papa looked in their direction, Chen and Yeol improvised and waved and smiled at them. Genius. Hahaha. The people smiled and waved back and even laughed with them, even though they didn't know what was funny. LOL. Meanwhile, Baek rubbed the hand that Soo smacked and pursing his lips, he eyed Soo with contempt. Soo just grinned and raised his hand with the spoon.

 

I was busy watching the happenings on the other table that I didn't notice the three boys beside me flirting with the girls on the table next to ours. I just found out when I was poked unintenionally by Tao gege by the rib. Kai and Tao were sort of fighting over a piece of paper. Tao was holding it up in his hands, and Kai was trying to reach for it. In the process of putting the paper in his pocket, Tao poked my rib with his elbow. Sehun just stared at them like they were extradites. LOL.

 

I slapped Tao's arm and he turned to look at me. He stuck his tongue out and finished his food. Kai sulked while eating. Sehun just jerked his head in the direction of the other table where the girls were. I understood and nodded. I eyed the girls and they met my stare. They giggled and waved at me. I didn't even bother smiling. I just stared at them. They bowed their heads and turned to look the other way. I smirked and glared at my two brothers who were now eating as if nothing happned. I rolled my eyes again, and breathed, "Hopeless cases..."

 

 


 

 

Sooooo, another chapter down. TBH, I felt this was a crappy one. I'm sort of rushing to get to the next chapters because that's where the fun and drama starts. LOL. Well, I hope you still liked it, though. I've done some thorough research for my next chapters, so you can just imagine how excited I am to publish it.

 

 

OTL OTL OTL I just can't get enough of Tao and his panda eyes and his baby smile. OTL OTL. LMAO. Lemme just fangirl for a moment here. Tao with black hair is just unfffffhh....OTL *dies*