His and Theirs: All 13 of Us (Part 7)

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us
I woke up with Tao's arm on my face. I moved it away. I glanced at him. His other hand was on Kai's face too. I chuckled. Se Hun was buried under the sheets, only his arm was showing. I started to get up, and noticed movements on the floor. Kris and Baek were spread out on the floor. They had spread out a blanket and strewn pillows over it. I wondered if the other boys were there too. I stood up and walked over to the door, careful not to wake or step on them. The door of the other room was open, and when I peeked inside, all the other boys were squeezed on the king-sized bed, and some on the floor, too. Hahaha. What happened with he other room? Ahh, brotherhood. I wished I was a boy at that particular moment.

I went back to the dining room and sat at the table with my hands on my chin. What time was it anyway? I didn't have a watch. I quickly searched the room for a clock, and when I found it, I saw that it was 25 minutes past 5 PM. So papa and mama were almost back. I raised both my legs up on the chair and started humming to myself. The donut box was still open on the table, and there was but crumbs left. I got up and went to the fridge. Someone didn't finish their Bubble Tea. LOL. The fridge was also stocked, and I took an apple, went back to sitting with my legs up on the chair, and took a big bite of the apple.

Me: Hmmm... How much will this cost? Hahaha.

I wondered out loud. I was surprised when I heard the fridge door open and close. I quickly turned my head toward the voice. It was Kris-gege. Maybe I'd woken him up. He had an apple too.

Kris: I won't think about it. Probably Papa's boss is paying for all these anyway.

He took a big bite, and pulled the empty box of donuts toward him.

Kris: Just as I thought. I was hoping to find at least one left. Tsk, tsk...

Me: Yeah, me tooDid Papa call already?

Kris: Hmmm.. I don't think so, or Xiumin-hyung will have been awake now.

At that moment, Tao and Kai appeared and sat at the table with us. Tao held my wrist and without asking, he took a big bite off the apple. Before I could even protest, Kai did the same.

Me: Grrrrrrr! Get your own!

Kai: Nope, I just needed one bite.

Tao: Me too. Thanks.

Kris: Hey. Apologize.

Tao/Kai: Sorry Xiao Yi.

Me: Fine.

Tao: Has Papa called yet?

Kai: Yeah?

Kris: Nope, not yet. I'm sure they're on their way already. Papa said they'll be here around 6. It's almost 6. Can you wake the others up?

Kai went to the other room and woke up the others. While Baek stepped out our room, did a doubletake and went back inside. Probably forgot to wake Se Hun. Kai returned with the other boys and we converged at the dining table. Others pulled up chairs, and others sat on the study table (because the study room furniture was moved out to accommodate the twin beds on our room).

Kris: (Counting again) Where are Baek and Se Hun?

Then I just realized why Baek did a doubletake. He must have noticed the bed was almost empty, and decided to resume sleeping there. LOL. Kris-gege himself got up and went to the room. I couldn't resist seeing for myself, so I followed him. And I wasn't disappointed. He and Se Hun were snoring. Yup. He fell asleep almost instantly. Hahaha. Kris just stood at the foot of the bed with hands on his waist, shaking his head. I was behind him and I nudged his back.

Me: Gege, go wake them up now.

Kris: Tsk, tsk, tsk... What talents do my brothers have.

Lu Han appeared on the door, and he scratched his head in disbelief as well.

Lu Han: I thought these two were awake already. I never... Ughhhh!!! (And he poked Baek and Se Hun by the feet.) Wake up! Papa just called. He's still taking to Xiumin-ge now. Better get up now before they start asking for you. They're on their way to the hotel now.

And he spoke the magic words. "On their way to the hotel now." Both stirred and opened their eyes. Baek got up first and raised his head, stretched his arms, and stood up. Se Hun stretched first before getting up.

Se Hun: I'm going to see Mama!

And he smiled. Suho-gege came in, looking nervous. When he saw that the boys were awake, he just gestured for all of us to follow him back to the dining room.

Xiumin was still on the phone with Papa, probably taking instructions. The other boys were sitting and waiting intently. When he saw that we were all in the dining room, he gave the phone to Lu Han.

Lu Han: Wei, Papa. Yes, all here. Ni zai nali? Ahhh... Yes we did. Jishi? Zai wanshang qi? 7 PM? Yes. We will. Uhm... Bu shi.. Hehehe. Kris... Yes. Okay. (He gave the phone to Kris)

Kris: Papa, shi Kris. Hao le, hao le... Zai nali? Ahhh... Okay. Suho? Aahhh... okay. Xiumin-ge...

He handed the phone back to Xiumin. Looks like Papa already talked to Suho-gege.

Xiumin: Pa, yes. Uh- hmmm... OK. Byebye. (He looked at us) Better get ready now. Papa made the dinner reservation at 7. We should be ready as soon as they arrive.

Soo: Where are we going to have dinner?

Xiumin: At the Bostonian.

Soo: Oh. Okay. Good thing I bought 2 sets of formal clothes. Hehehe. Papa won't mind, won't he?

Kris: Of course not. If it's for the better, then Papa will be okay with it.

Se Hun: I bought three. Still okay?

Kris: Yes. As long as it was within budget.

Se Hun: How much was the budget?

Kris: Uhm- Not sure. (And he grinned.) I bought 3 myself. Hahaha

Lu Han: I only bought 2. Hahaha. But I bought silver cuff-links though. Does that count as 3?

Suho: Yes, it counts...4, not 3. It's silver. I only bought one.

Xiumin: Me just one, too.

Kai: If I only knew... Tsk, tsk..

Soo: What?

Kai: I should have bought cuff-links too.

Soo: Okay, but how many did you buy?

Kai: 2 sets... *sigh*

Tao: Only the best for us. Hehehe. Papa won't mind. Remember that first time we attended a formal gathering? Papa and Mama bought us 2 sets each. Papa wanted us to look our best.

Lu Han: Of course. Now scoot! Those who don't live here, go back to your own rooms and get ready.

Tao: But I live here.

Lu Han: Did I say it was you?

Tao: You were looking at me.

He dodged Lu Han's poke in the ribs and went inside the room to get ready. The others followed suit. The other boys went back to the second suite. Xiumin and Suho stayed a little bit longer. The 4 oldest discussed some things first, before getting ready themselves. I didn't bother to listen, for it was not my business to eavesdrop on my older brothers. I went in the room and got my things ready. Tao, Se Hun, and Kai were in the bathroom already. They were taking a bath together. LOL. To save time. I waited for them to finish before I took a bath myself. There was only one bathroom in the suite, so we had to wait for the others to finish. After me, the older brothers took turns, too.

It was around 6:45 PM when Papa called again. They were in the hotel already and preparing for dinner. They were in their suite, we presumed. Papa told us to just go down directly to the restaurant since there was a reservation already.

We stepped out of the room, and waited for the others, so we could go down together. Once everyone was ready, we all went down. Good thing their elevator was big enough to accommodate us all. LOL. We reached the ground floor and Xiumin and Lu Han went to the concierge to ask for directions to the Bostonian. An attendant came with them, and motioned for all of us to follow him.

When we reached the lower lobby, we confirmed our reservation and the restaurant attendant seated us.

Kris: I'm so nervous.

Lu Han: Me too.

Xiumin: Yeah.

Suho: If you are nervous, what then would you call what I'm feeling right now?

Soo: ...specially if you see Papa coming over...

Se Hun: ...but relieved to see Mama too...

And true enough, our parents were walking over to our table(s) and even from afar, Mama smiled at us. She looked really excited to see her children after more than a week of being away. Papa, as usual, was in his businesslike manner, but he smiled all the same. I bet he was proud to see his children all-together looking good and behaved. LOL. Or so he thought. Hehehe.

Chen: I'm scared.

Lu Han: Shhhhhh...

I was beside Lu Han, and I could see Chen-oppa sort of trembling. LOL. And looking around me, most of the boys were also nervous-looking. I don't know if it was because of Papa's presence, or because of the fact that we are having another formal dinner. It wasn't easy. Specially with my brothers. They try very hard to behave, and somehow it takes most of their energy and courage to do that. I pity them actually. If not for the fear of Timbuktu. LOL. But I was nervous myself. Acting all matured and behaved was a challenge on my part too. What with my brother's influence. Tsk, tsk, tsk.. But I won't say that they're bad influences, because they are not. They may be mischievous sometimes, but they're really sweet things. We stood up as our parents arrived at our table.

Papa: Hi boys, little princess.

He greeted us. We smiled and bowed. Mama gave each of us a hug and kiss. Tao and Se Hun hugged Mama the longest. My gege's were still little boys sometimes. Hehehe. They went to sit. Papa automatically motioned for the maitre d' for the menu.

Mama: How was your flight?

Lu Han: It was a safe flight Mama. Thank you. How about you?

Mama: Well, very tiring, but I'm just glad you are all safe. Oh, Se Hun dear, what's wrong?

Se Hun: We missed you Mama. You're going away again?

Mama; I don't know yet dear. But if Papa's boss needs him somewhere, then we'll have to go.

I thought I saw her wink, but thought the better of it. Papa was checking the menu with Xiumin and Kris-gege. Then he asked Suho, "Did you call the housekeeper? How could you forget to leave the key with her? Tsk, tsk... I just hope the house isn't dusty when we return."

Suho: Duibuqi Papa. But you told me to bring the key with me (?)

Papa: Uhm... I did?

Lu Han: You did.

Xiumin/Kris: You did?

Papa: Okay, I did. Maybe. Mama?

Mama: How should I know, you were the one who gave instructions to these kids. Hmmppff...

Papa: Well, I'll let it pass, like I said before. Now, let's order.

And he passed the menu to Mama. The attendant gave another to Lu Han. Once all of us knew what we wanted, Papa finalized the order with the attendant, and we waited for our dinner.

While waiting for our food, Papa had us talk about our week since they left. As the youngest, I had to wait for my turn. I was always last when it came to talking. LOL. Although, I like it. Because I don't really like talking much. And sometimes, they forget that I still haven't talked. I rather like it that way, unless someone remembers me. Hehehe. Yup, even if I'm the only girl in the brood, they still forget me. Hahahaha.

It was Soo's turn to talk now. We were nervous, because he might let slip about Alaska. LOL. Fortunately, he didn't. Although, he asked Papa about his surprise. Papa only hinted as much as "You'll see." Then it was Tao's turn.

Tao: We really wanted to spend our first week of vacation practicing skateboard techniques Papa, but I think it'd be more fun if we go on vacation, all of us.

Papa: How about your last week of school?

Tao: Uhm- it was okay. Madame Qin recommended me for the school Wushu team Papa. I've been practicing my Wushu well, so she sent that letter to Vice-Principal to include me next schoolyear.

Papa: That's really good news Tao. I'm proud of you. But don't forget academics. Look at your Xiumin-hyung. Lu Han-gege, Baek-gege, and Chanyeol-hyung.

Tao: Yes Papa.

Papa: Very well. I'll call Vice-Principal for the update then. Kai?

That was what Papa was waiting for, actually. He had been pushing Tao-gege to join the school Wushu team. I bet Papa wanted a son in that field too, since Xiumin-oppa was part of the Taekwondo team, Lu Han-gege Soccer team (and Math club), Baek-gege Hapkido team, and Chan-oppa Baseball team. Not all of my brothers were sporty types, but they all have their talents and skills.

Kai: Uhm... school was okay too. But I really wanted to practice my skateboard techniques....

Papa seemed more lax with the younger kids, that's why Tao and Kai-oppa was able to "plead" his skateboarding cause. And if that wasn't enough, Se Hun butted in.

Se Hun: Papa, I think I need to ask you... I bought 3 sets of formal clothes. Is it okay?

Papa: Hmmm... 3 you say?

Se Hun: Yes...?

Papa: Hmmm... depends.

Se Hun: *I'm so dead*

Papa: What's that Se Hun?

Se Hun: Nothing Papa. Hehehe

Papa: Your Suho-hyung has told me you've had at least 4 Bubble Teas today.

Se Hun: All of us, actually.

Papa: Fine. And you also wanted to practice skateboarding with Tao and Kai.

Se Hun: Yes.

Kai: Can we practice tomorrow Papa? I mean, the party's not until evening anyway.

Papa: Not tomorrow, no. Maybe the day after tomorrow.

Kai: Okay.

Tao/Se Hun: Excellent!

Papa smiled. He turned to me. I flinched. I didn't know what to say. Hehehe. I leaned on Lu Han-gege. He seemed to have caught up, because he talked on my behalf.

Lu Han: Our Xiao Yi's done well at school Papa. She actually got 2 recognitions. One for their research team and the other for Math.

Papa: Wow. I could not ask for more from our Xiao Yi. Have your brothers been treating you well, though?

Me: Yes Papa.

Papa: No longer teasing or bullying you? (And he eyed Tao and Chen, who cowered and smiled sheepishly)

Me: Meiyou le. They've been really good to me Papa. Promise.

Tao: Yeah. Promise Papa.

Chen: Uh- yes, me too.

Papa: Hmmm.. Okay. Very well then. Ahhh, here's our food. Let's eat?