Awkward

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us

 

 

Kai: They're going to be home late, tonight. Why?

Miss Kim: I have something to discuss with your dad. Which brings me to... Can I stay here tonight?

Kai: Uhm....

Miss Kim: Kai, I'm your mother. I want to discuss something with your father. Can I not be a guest in this house?

 

Kai looked at Luhan ge. He seemed to be thinking hard and finally nodded.

 

Luhan: I'm not too sure about that. Let me inform papa first.

Miss Kim: It's alright. I'll just come back tomorrow. I'll stay at the hotel for tonight. But...

Luhan: Yes, Miss Kim?

Miss Kim: Would it be possible for you to drive and help me find a hotel? 

Luhan: Sure. Uhm... Kris, please?

Kris: What? Huh? (He clearly wasn't paying attention)

Luhan: Drive Kai's mom and help her check in to a hotel...?

Kris: Oh...Okay. Yeah.

Kai: Uhm..eomma, can I...finish my dinner yet?

Miss Kim: Yes, of course. I had my dinner already, though. Don't mind me. I'll make myself at home, okay?

 

She smiled. She was really pretty. There was no doubt papa liked her because of that. LOL. She was also young. She was barely legal when she had Kai oppa. Heheh. She was a model. I think the reason for her stubborn-ness was the fact that she was still under legal age when she fell in love and had Kai. Forgive me for saying this, but she was not mature for her age. *peace sign* Let's just call her MK. Okay? LOL. As far as I knew, she was an aspiring model when she met papa. She went as far as having an affair with a married man who had connections, so he can help her climb up the modeling business. And that man was papa.

 

So, we finished dinner and I helped clear the table after. Chen and Chanyeol washed the dishes. Luhan told Kris ge that it was better that he was the one to drive Kai's mom and Luhan stay at home, just in case papa and mama came home, he'd be able to tell them first. "I'll deal with papa," he had said. Kris just nodded. Kai went with Kris.

 

As Kris and Kai were gone, the house was tensed. We didn't know how papa would react if he knew that Kai's mama was "in town." After the chores were done, Luhan ge told us, the younger ones, to go to bed early. He chose to stay up and wait for papa. Xiumin and Suho stayed with him. The rest of us went up the stairs and to our rooms. Sehun and Tao kept peeking from their rooms from time to time. I knew, because I was also peeking outside my door, hoping to catch what was being said downstairs when papa and mama arrived home.

 

It felt like a stakeout again.

 

Then, we heard 2 honks, and the gate open. It was either Kris and Kai were back or mama and papa were home. I quickly shut my door. I heard Sehun and Tao do the same. Funny thing happened. Or was it even funny? I slowly opened my door just a little bit and strained to listen to what was going on downstairs. Since Luhan, Xiumin and Suho were still up, they'd have opened the door before the persons outside were able to knock.

 

"Show me my room, please." 

 

OMG! Kai's mom was back. And it looked like she was staying for the night. Why? What?

 

Then I heard footsteps on the stairs. I quickly shut my door again, but pressed my ear and inhaled deeply. Kai's mama was daebak. LOL. It was thrilling what would happen next. Oh, dear. What will papa say? Luhan ge must be beside himself with nervousness.

 

"Sleep with eomma tonight, Kai... will you?"

 

I heard Kai mumble something. I slowly opened my door again and peeked outside. They were outside the guest bedroom; Kai's mama, Kai, Kris, and Xiumin ge. I think Lulu and Suho was downstairs waiting for papa and mama. Tao and Sehun were also peeking from their doors.

 

"Eomma, this is not a good idea." 

 "And why not?"

"Because papa might see you." 

"That's the point, Jongin. I wanted to discuss something with your papa."

"But...not this way, eomma...juseyo."

"What juseyo? You dare juseyo me, Jongin?"

"No..."

"Good. Now, go get your sleep stuff and accompany eomma tonight."

 

Kai sighed in defeat and marched up to his room to get his stuff. I closed my door and sank back on my bed. I reached out for my phone and sent a text message to Tao and Sehun. Tao replied first. He was nervous what would happen when papa and mama arrived. Will there be a confrontation? Sehun replied that he was worried more about mama. He was thinking what mama would feel if she saw MK. 

 

Then I received a text message from Soo oppa. "Xiao Yi, so is it true? Kai's eomma is in the guest room?" 

Everyone was curious I guess, because not only Soo sent me a text. And soon enough, it became a group text again. Even the oldies downstairs waiting for our parents joined in the text blast. Because that's what it felt like. 

I fell asleep with my phone in my hand. I woke up in the morning with my phone buzzing. It was Sehun.

 

"Xiao Yi! Something is going on downstairs."

 

I quickly got up and ran to the door. I stumbled on my way out. I didn't bother looking at my reflection in the mirror before going down. Papa must have seen MK already. As I made my way down the stairs, I saw Sehun and Tao already creeping down. Soo was standing at the foot of the stairs with wide eyes, his hands gripping his shirt tight. Chanyeol and Chen were at the breakfast table, playing oblivious to what was going on. They were slowly chewing their food and casually thumbing through their phone. Baekhyun was at the kitchen counter, drumming his fingers and had his headphones on. But I bet there was no music on. I knew he must be listening to what was going on, too.

MK was sitting at the table, sipping her coffee nonchalantly. Kai was on her right, head down and muttering something under his breath. I didn't see mama, though. But papa was standing behind MK. His hands on his hips. 

 

Papa: What are you doing here?

MK: *casually puts her coffeee cup down* Wu Zun. I'm here as mother of your child, Jongin. Have you forgotten?

Papa: I have not forgotten, because, as you can see, Jongin lives with me. Again, what are you doing here? It's the 5th time I asked you that.

MK: Relax, Zun-ah. You might get wrinkles, you know.

 

I quickly scanned the area for my other brothers. Especially the oldies. How on earth didn't papa know that Kai's mom was here? I thought they waited until papa and mama got home last night. I saw Luhan and Kris on one corner of the living room. They were avoiding the dining room, then. They had their breakfast on one of the coffee tables in the corner. Xiumin oppa wasn't there. He probably hasn't gone down yet. Suho ge came in from the back. He probably was in the laundry room earlier. 

 

And Lay ge just appeared behind us. His face suddenly looked confused. He tapped Soo's shoulders.

 

Lay: Pssst... You are blocking the way. Move over, Kyungsoo-yah.

Soo: Huh?

 

Apparently, Soo's mind was somewhere else. I didn't know if it was in the house or back in Korea...to his mom.

 

Lay: Oh, MK is still here. Good morning, MK. Good morning papa. Where is mama Wu?

 

Tao, Sehun and I slapped our foreheads at the same time. So he was not confused about the whole MK thing. He was confused why Soo was blocking the stairway. Soo followed Lay ge as he made his way to the table. Papa abruptly turned his head in Lay's direction and said: "Huh."

 

Papa was tongue-tied as well. LOL. Lay ge sat at the table and helped himself with the breakfast. Chanyeol and Chen bravely lifted their heads in his direction to acknowledge him.

Lay: Why so silent, guys? Who cooked breakfast?

Chanyeol: Uh...

MK: I cooked breakfast, dear.

Lay: Oh. Really. Thank you MK.

MK: You're welcome, dear.

Papa: Don't talk to my son.

MK: And why not?

Lay: Ooops...

 

I turned around to laugh silently. Lay ge just probably realized the tension at the breakfast table. LOL. I saw Sehun crawling back up the stairs and slumped at one of them. Tao sat on the floor, giggling. Good thing papa was not looking in our direction, otherwise, we'd be toast. Soo managed to clear his throat before deciding to sit beside Baekhyun at the kitchen counter to eat his breakfast.

 

MK: Zun-ah, I wanted to talk to you about Kai.

Papa: Not at the breakfast table.

MK: Alright. In your office, then?

Papa: N...Yes.

Kai: Duibuqi-ah, papa.

Papa: We'll talk later, Kai.

 

And papa turned in our direction. He was looking at Luhan and Kris. I quickly pulled Tao up from the floor and walked to the table. Sehun was still laughing at the stairs, but he followed us. Papa didn't notice I guess, because he didn't call Sehun's attention. He gestured for Luhan and Kris. The two sat up straight and nodded at papa. Then they got up and followed papa to his office.

 

"Uh-oh..."

 

I heard Luhan ge mutter as he passed by.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

While eating breakfast...

Me: What happened?

Chan: Happened? What do you mean?

Me: You know...why papa didn't know....?

Chan: Well, Luhan ge forgot to tell papa last night when they got home.

Me: Forgot? How?

Chen: He was asleep already when they arrived. He decided to go to sleep and not wait for them. Knowing papa had a key.

Me: Uh-oh...

 

All of that were said in a whisper. But I bet MK was straining her ears to listen. She didn't show it, though. She just continued to eat and fuss over Kai. Kai was uneasy. He kept grumbling and scratching his head whenever his mama would fuss over him. It was cute to watch, though. Mama was like that to us whenever she was home and spending some time with us.

 

Xiumin oppa finally appeared at the foot of the stairs. He looked confused seeing MK at the table at first, but then shook his head and sighed. He remembered. Then he slowly walked over to the kitchen sink to wash his hands but stopped and hung his head back. Papa had stuck his head out of his office and called him and Suho to his office.

Xiumin: Right. Now or never.

Suho: Well...

 

And they both went to papa's office. While they were there I couldn't help but wonder where mama was. I nudged Yo-oppa and whispered.

Me: Where is mama?

Chan: She went back to their room when she saw MK.

Me: Is she okay?

Chan: I don't know. Maybe?

 

Tao was sitting on my other side. He ate his breakfast quickly and when he was done, he got up and went to mama's room. Sehun looked up and did the same. I wanted to do the same, but as soon as I finished eating, MK started to talk. Not just to Kai, but to all of us at the table. Baekhyun and Soo who were at the kitchen counter listened as well.

 

MK: I didn't mean to cause any trouble, kids. All I really want is to spend time with Kai. Your papa is scary sometimes, you know. I can't say what I have to say, properly.

Kai: Eomma...

MK: No, Kai. Your brothers have the right to know.

Me: Ahemm...

MK: Oh...yes. Why do I keep forgetting that you have a sister? Urghhh. I'm sorry dear.

Me: It's alright. I'm kinda used to it.

MK: Hahaha. Well, then. Anyway, as I was saying, I have a modelling project in Beijing for a month, therefore I decided to want to spend my free time with Kai. I hope your papa will approve.

Kai: I doubt it.

MK: Hey. I got him by winking my best wink.

Kai: Oh god, not this again...

MK: Hmm...better not tell you kids. It's rated 18.

Kai: Eomma...please.

MK: *giggles* I know. I wasn't even 18 that time. Kkkkk!

 

I could tell Kai was getting ashamed of his mother at that moment. And I understood why she was behaving immaturely for her age. She wasn't even of legal age when she got pregnant with Kai oppa. I was thirteen. If his mom was not yet 18 that time, how old was she? 16? 17? Oh my god! Just Suho and Lay ge's age! I widened my eyes in disbelief and started to imagine myself around that age and having a kid. And seeing Jungkook's face as the father. Instead of getting scared, I giggled, amused at the thought.

 

Jungkook. My Jungkook. Hahahah. I should not tell my brothers what I was thinking. Oh em gee! I would be imprisoned in a tower, I guess. I would not be able to set my foot outside again. I would live inside a rounded room with only a window and no doors. The only way out was to jump from the window down to my death. I shuddered at the thought. My brothers were not cruel. OTL. Why do I have to think like that. They might be overprotective, but I don't think they'll resort to pulling a mother Gothel on me, their dear little sister. LOL.

 

Anyway, I thought MK was cool. Even if she was a little immature as a mom, I felt she was sincere in wanting to spend time with her son. It was a couple of years since she last saw Kai in person. It was always either just a phone call or a video call these last 2 years. 

 

Lay: MK, do you mind if I ask you a question?

MK: No, it's okay. What is it?

Lay: Are you going to stay here for a month?

MK: Here? In your house?

Lay: Yes...?

MK: Would you like me to stay as a guest?

Lay: That would be alright, but I was thinking about mama Wu...

MK: Oh yes. That's a bummer. Well, no I won't  be staying here. I'll look for an apartment near my work.

Lay: Ah...thank you for answering my question.

MK: You're welcome, kiddo.

Lay: I don't know why I didn't notice earlier. Wo hen baoqian. *and he bowed*

MK: Gosh! Dear, you don't have to bow to me.

Lay: Uhm...

MK: You're a nice kid, you know. 

Lay: Thank you. You are nice too.

Kai: Eomma...isn't nice. *he snorted and moved sideways to avoid his mom's glare*

MK: Shush, Jongin. If your papa wasn't married, I know he would choose me.

Kai: *dropped his fork and hung his mouth open*

 

Everyone else focused on their food.

 

Xiumin: Awkward...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 After breakfast, we left all our plates and stuff at the sink. The household help were there and they would wash them for us. It was almost school term, so we're not asked to do chores anymore. Papa wanted to make us focus on our studies and any household chores we do would be either as punishment or if the help were on day off and no replacement could be found.

 

The oldies were still inside papa's office, having a "hyung meeting" with him. I decided to go follow Tao and Sehun to mama's room. Baek ge brought a tray with her breakfast and followed me. I knocked on her door before I entered, Baek behind me. Tao and Sehun were on either side of her in bed. Mama looked sad. I jumped on the bed and crawled to her to hug her. Baek ge walked in and placed the tray on the bedside table. He smiled and sat at the foot of the bed, patted mama's foot.

 

Baek: Good morning ma. Breakfast in bed.

Mama: Thank you, dear. Are you done with yours?

Baek: Yes, ma.

Me: You want us to feed you, ma? Heheheh.

Mama: You kids...why are you here?

Baek: Ma...even if we don't have a say..yet, we know.

Sehun: I don't want mama to be sad, especially when there are people who seem to make you sad. I'll stay with you, ma.

Tao: Yep. We'll be your kight in shining armor.

Baek: Aish, stop with the mush. Let mama eat. Get away...

 

He pulled Tao from hugging mama. Tao let himself be pulled and playfully fell on the floor. He lay on the floor, playing dead. Baek used his foot to nudge Tao and to push him away.

Mama: Baixian! Don't kick your brother!

Baek: I wasn't...

Tao: Mama, I'm being tortured...

Baek: I...ugh, Zitao...

 

I slid from the bed to the floor to sit beside Tao who was still lying on his back, eyes closed. I poked his cheeks with my finger.

Me: Tsk...this one's dead, ma. Let's dispose of this body now?

Sehun/Baek: Hahahahahah! Call the coroner!

Mama: Kids! No bullying your brother!

Tao: They always bully me when you and papa are not around.

Sehun: A dead body is talking. It's time for us to call the ghostbusters!

Baek: You have their number?

Mama: Okay. Enough. Zitao, get up from the floor. You too, Xiao Yi.

 

We didn't need to be told twice. Both Tao and I got up and sat on the couch that was on the foot of the bed. Mama sat up and combed her hair using her fingers. Sehun snuggled beside her on the bed. He hugged mama's waist. Baek took the tray from the bedside table and laid it in front of mama.

Baek: Your breakfast, our queen.

Mama: Shush, Baixian. This is not the palace.

Baek: You're our queen, ma.

Mama: I know you kids just want to cheer me up. Thank you. Really.

All 4 of us: You're welcome, ma.

Mama: Okay, I can't eat properly with you on my waist, Sehun.

Sehun: Ooops.. Sorry.

 

He untangled his hands from hugging mama and hugged the pillow instead, but stayed beside our mother.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

We were still in mama's room when we heard a knock on the door. Luhan's face appeared at the door. He was smiling sheepishly. He went in and behind him was Suho. They sat on the empty space beside us on the couch.

Mama: Just as I was expecting. You kids...

Luhan: How are you feeling, ma?

Mama: I'm alright, qin'ai.

Luhan: Papa is talking to MK and Kai now.

Mama: Okay.

Suho: I see you had breakfast in bed. How is it?

Mama: Funny you should ask, dear.

Suho: Heheh.

Luhan: Mama, baoqianle. I forgot to tell you and papa last night. I couldn't wait for you to get home. I was sleepy and forgot to tell.

Mama: What did your papa say?

Luhan: I got all the blame, as usual.

 

He hung his head and fidgeted. Mama stared and sighed.

Mama: Hey. Chin up, Luhan. You carry this burden, don't act weak. Your papa can be too much sometimes, but it doesn't mean you have to feel defeated because you failed at something.

Luhan: Yes, ma.

Mama: What else did he say?

Luhan: He was taking me off the marketing team for the resort.

Mama: He did, huh?

Luhan: Yes. He said I was not ready.

Mama: Just because you forgot to inform him about...our visitor.

 

That wasn't a question. Mama knew how papa's mind worked. She probably read in Luhan's eyes the disappointment and repentance. 

Mama: I'll talk to your father about this. Ughh... That Wu Zun, really.

Baek: ...flick his head, ma.

Luhan/Suho: Baekhyun!

Mama: I'm tempted.

Baek: I know, right?

Luhan: Wu Baixian, do not let Wu Zun Xiansheng hear you say that.

Baek: Or what?

Mama: Boys...

Luhan/Baek: Sorry, ma.

 

Then the discussion was cut off by a guttural sound. Sehun was snoring. He fell asleep and looked so peaceful hugging the pillow and snuggled beside mama. 

Tao: Pwintheeth Thehuna ith athleep. Do not make any noith, okay?

Me/Baek/Suho/Luhan: Hahahahaha! We under-thand.

Mama: You kids should stop bullying each other... I swear my heart is going to give up any time soon if you don't behave.

Tao: I'm thowee mama...

Mama: Zitao.

Tao: I didn't do anything...

 

He tried to look innocent and widened his panda eyes. He puffed his cheeks and pouted. It was working. Mama closed her eyes and shook her head, defeated.

Mama: Haole. What are you kids up to today? 

Luhan: Nothing really. We were planning to go back to Jin's to help out, but I think the movers would have already arrived today to do their work.

Mama: School starts on Monday. Got your stuff already?

Tao: NO. 

Luhan: Too hyper...tsk...

Mama: Hao, hao... Let's do your school supplies shopping today. How about that?

Tao: YESSSSS!!! I need new batteries for my laptop, ma.

Luhan: What? You only got your laptop last year, Zitao.

Tao: It drains in less than an hour now. I need new batteries, gege.

Luhan: You and your excessive SNS use. You should learn to stop updating sometimes, you know.

Tao: Orz...

 

Suho got up and took the breakfast tray. He excused himself and went out with the tray. Mama absentmindedly Sehun's cheek as he slept. Tao went to lie on the bed again, on mama's other side. I stretched on the couch and used Luhan's lap as pillow and placed my feet over Baek's lap. Luhan was startled, but shifted, so I could lie down properly. He pressed my cheeks with his palms. Baek patted my leg and hummed a lullaby. Mama chuckled.

Mama: What time do you want us to do our shopping?

Luhan: As soon as these three fall asleep, ma. Hahah.

Tao: I'm not sleepy.

Luhan: I doubt it.

 

Tao playfully kicked the space between him and Luhan. There was at least 2 feet  between him and Luhan. Mama messed Tao ge's hair with her other hand. Tao purred like a kitten and hugged mama.

Luhan: And the panda will be the next to snore.

Tao: Will not...

Baek: Shhh... Our Xiao Yi is sleeping now.

Me: I'm not.

Luhan: Go to sleep, mei baobei.

Me: I'm no longer a baby.

 

At that moment, Suho ge appeared at the door again. He was eating an apple. He sat on an armchair by the bedside table. He assessed the scene in the room. He chuckled.

Suho: Ma, do you have any space left? I think I want to join the sleepover club over here.

Mama: Pick your spot, dear.

Suho: Okay. Hahahah. Why is everyone in sleep mode?

Mama: I don't know. I decided to do your school supplies shopping today, and look at these lot. I think they'd rather sleep than buy their school stuff.

Suho: We'll just buy them whatever we see, then.

Luhan: Shall I inform Kris and the rest?

Mama: Yes, please.

Luhan: Kai...

Mama: If he wants to come with us...

Luhan: Uh...got it.

 

He carefully slid off the couch and placed a pillow, that Suho handed him, under my head. He excused himself and went out the room. Were Kai and his eomma finished talking with papa? What were they talking about, now? I hoped papa would allow MK to spend time with Kai while she was in Beijing. I knew Kai oppa wanted to be with his mama too. He might not say it aloud, but I knew he missed his mom.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

To make a long story short, MK left the house after discussing with papa whatever it was that they needed to dscuss. A taxi was hailed for her back to her hotel. She had work that day. Kai told us that papa allowed him to spend the next 30 days with his eomma. It meant that during the first few weeks of the school term, he'd be staying with his mom at her apartment. But since she hasn't found an apartment yet, he'd still be staying at home until his eomma came to pick him up. His eomma had modeling work on weekdays and special projects on weekends. But it was okay if he tagged along on those special projects. However, he decided that in case he got bored watching the models at work, he'd come home to spend his free time with us.

 

The boys were excited upon hearing that Kai would have a chance to see models and showcases in Beijing. "Girls!" Sehun pointed out though that not all the models would be young. There would be models who were old enough to be our mom. But the others just shrugged him off and about Miranda Kerr, his ultimate model crush. He glared at them and kicked whoever was near him. Which turned out to be Soo, who looked at him murderously. Tao also reminded Sehun about Ally and the rest of her posse. Sehun frowned some more.

 

Mama then clapped her hand once to get all of our attention.

Mama: Boys! 

 

And everyone got silent.

Mama: Alright, one group will be in the van, the other will be with Luhan. Xiumin dear...please drive the van.

Luhan/Xiumin: Hao ba.

 

Papa was left at home. He had said that he would be going to his office a little later, he just needed to finish something first. The househelp were doing all the chores now, so we were free to do what we wanted. After we got ready, all 13 of us went out the door, mama ahead. Luhan and Xiumin ge went to get the cars. Tao went to open the gate and we all waited outside while Tao punched in the coordinates to lock the gate, before climbing in the car and van respectively. Mama, Xiumin, Sehun, Soo, Kai, Lay, Suho and Chen were in the van. Luhan, me, Baek, Chan, Tao and Kris were in one car. Our little convoy then made its way to the mall.

 

At the mall, mama had us in three groups. But before the groups went to buy our school stuff, she had us sit at one of the strip of mall benches and write our shopping list. Even though we were going in groups, it would be easier if we had a list of the things we needed before we actually went to buy. It will save us time, she said. Good thing though, most of us already had our shopping list, except Tao, Sehun, Chanyeol and Chen. Mama looked at Baekhyun. She was surprised to find out he made his list in advance. She was used to him procrastinating. LOL.

 

Since only 4 people haven't made their list, she assigned Kris to go with them. And she told us to go ahead and not wait for them. Suho, Baekhyun, Xiumin and Kai were one group. Mama, me, Luhan, Lay and Soo were the third group. Mama knew that the four who were left with Kris would heed him. They were afraid of Kris gege. Well, they show respect to him more than they do Luhan. LOL. They may be afraid of Luhan, but they can be really playful when it came to stuff like this.

 

Our uniforms were bought at the school custodian, so we didn't need to get them at the mall. Mama had pre-ordered our new uniforms before we went to the States. I checked my list. I needed at least 10 notebooks, new pens, new backpack, leather case for my lappy, arts and crafts set... and hmmm. "Hey!" Someone bumped into me.

 

"Ooops! I'm sorry."

 

It was in awkward english. I looked up from my list and came face to face with Kim Jungkook. Holy sh----ucks. 

JK: Oh...it's you.

Me: It is...you, too.

JK: I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going.

Me: It's okay. Are you here with your mom?

JK: Neh. Eomma and hyungs. You?

Me: Same here. With...hyungs. LOL.

JK: Oh yeah... Only girl.

Me: Yes, right.

 

At that precise moment, Luhan and Jin appeared on either side of us.

Luhan: Here you are. I was wondering where you went... ohh... Jungkook.. Jin...

Jin: Kookie! Eyy...ohh... Xiao Yi.. Luhan...

 

Awkward...

 

Jin: Eomma says we need to wait for J and Jimin first. Why did you go out the car already?

JK: Sorry hyung. I thought you were following me.

Jin: Tsk...don't you dare get lost on my watch. OTL. Appa will have my head if you got lost.

Luhan: Jin, if you need anything...any help at all, you can call us.

Jin: Kamsa...Luhan-ssi. We're still adjusting. It's hard when you don't speak much Chinese here.

Luhan: You'll learn. I take it you enrolled in Chinese classes?

Jin: Yes. Appa made sure we took those. And english as well.

JK: Uh...hyung...I...

Jin: Come on, Kookie-ya.

 

And he pulled his brother's hand and sort of dragged him off, while he made a slight bow to me and Luhan. Jungkook smiled at me and tried to say something, but couldn't. Instead, he raised his hand and waved his phone at me. I caught on. But I didn't know his number. I shrugged at him as he was being dragged by his Jin hyung. He just grinned.

 

Luhan was observing the whole thing. I think he caught on, too. He cleared his throat and grabbed my hand. His grip was tighter than necessary and I looked up to stare at him questioningly. He exhaled loudly and led me to where mama, Lay and Soo were picking colored cardboard sets. Luhan turned to look at me, at last.

Luhan: I thought I lost you. ODG. If I lost you and papa knew.

Me: Duibuqi-ah. I was only checking my list and...

Luhan: And bumped into Jungkook.

Me: No. Yes. No. HE bumped into me.

Luhan: Hao le le le le. Just don't wander off again like that. Not on my watch.

Me: I go to the mall with friends...

Luhan: This isn't one of those days.

Me: Hao ba. Duibuqi again.

 

I pouted. He sighed and messed my hair. I arranged my hair and pinched his arm. He rubbed his arm and made a face at me. I poked his nose with my finger. He rolled his eyes. I grinned. He raised both hands in surrender.

 

"Maknaes..."

 

Luhan ge, speaking in Korean. Hao ke'ai! LOL. Meeting with Korean brothers made him speak in Korean. He was like that when he was talking to our Korean half brothers. Even if they speak to him in Chinese already. IDK, maybe instincts. LOL.

 

"Pa, is it possible if I can get a Wacom Cintiq?"

 

That was Kris gege. He was on the phone with papa. His group made it to where our group was. I can just imagine papa asking, "What for?" When I heard Kris ge said:

"For art projects, pa. It's a drawing tab. You know, me start practicing my architecture studies."

 

LOOOOLLLLLLL. He was kidding, right?

 

"No. I'm not kidding, mei baobei." He smirked at me and ruffled my hair.

 

I said it aloud again. Right.... -_- 

 


 

Hi! I'm back with the Wu siblings. Are you still here? Did you miss them? I did. I missed you, too. LOL. I'm feeling a bit better now that we finally have news about Yifan. Although it's not certain if he will be back with EXO, I'm happy to finally know he's back in the limelight with his new Movie "Somewhere Only We Know." And the news about Tao being considered for the lead role in a movie...and joining Law of the Jungle. Hahaha! I can't imagine Tao sleeping in a tent full of bugs and insects. My poor baby would be traumatized. But I hope it will help him overcome his fear of bugs/insects. Oh yes, and Baekhyun dating Taeyeon. UGH. I'm not a SNSD fan, so I don't really know how she is as a person. I just hope she takes care of Baek, as she is older.

Anyway, I've updated this story chapter as the 2nd to the last. There is one chapter left, before I close this. I have already drafted the sequel. I hope you will also subscribe and support it as you have this story. By the way, I included that bit with Jungkook and Xiao Yi at the end. I know some of you were expecting to read about JK in the previous chapter. I'm going to make them "regulars" on the sequel. I hope you are alright with it. I hope to update the last chapter soon, so I can finally work on the sequel.

Also, have you tried reading my experimental oneshot "Growl"? I'm writing a prequel to that, because I know there are some questions unanswered. Please try reading it and tell me what you think. xD

Thank you for staying with the Wu siblings until now. The 13 would like to say thank you for subscribing as well. They would love to hear from you, too. xDDDD  I won't make this AN longer than expected. 谢谢大家!我们与EXO会永远在一起!♥♥♥