Total blackout~

"Byeol" means star

Ivy’s POV

 It’s the lunch break for one more time. Rome, holding my hand, pulled me and we headed for our table, the best table in the school cafeteria, far away from every bad smell from the kitchen, far away from the litter bins and close to the fridge with the refreshment drinks. That’s the table for the «popular»students and we’re two of them. And I’m really relieved that we actually are.

  To our surprise, a company of 3- 5 younger students were sitting there, instead of us or any other person from our company.  Rome looked at them with a poker face and they reacted as if being hit by electricity and got up abruptly.

«Mianhe! Mianhe!» they bowed a thousand times cutely.

«It’s OK, guys…» I smiled, but Rome was stricter.

 «It happened once, but be careful for next time…» he murmured and sat to his usual chair.

 The children bowed again and turned to leave, btu a girl looked at me and –out of a sudden- hugged me.

 «Oh, Ivy onnie! I want to become like you one day! You’re so pretty and talented!» she exclamed and- blushing- left quickly, joining the others.

 Wooo, awkward~  I blushed, too.

 No, girl.

 You don’t want to become like me. At least, live a real life, not a completely fake one.

I sighed and Rome showed me the seat next to him.

 I sat; Where are all the other guys??

 He gently held my hand and hugged me.

 He keeps on having this weirdly lovey-dovey mood, but today he’s even more weird, after talking for hours and hours with his fellows. But I’m boooored. Today, I’m going at Hanbyul’s place for our first «lesson». That’s something that is making me less bored, when I’m thinking of it… Yet, it shouldn’t… But let’s just not talk about this right now~

  Rome looked at me with a nervous look; Rome nervous? He’s never nervous…

 «Ivy… Do you like me?»

 Aish, here we go again!

 «Yes, but you know the hows and the whys…»

 «Do you like me a lot?»

 What the heck does he want???

 «Get to the point, oppa!» I moved my hands.

 «Well… I was… I was thinking about us… that…» he was mumbling.

 That’s no goooooooood, that’s no gooooooooood! Why is he mumbling??!

 «What, oppa??»

 «I was thinking that maybe we should… move on with our relationship… You know… not only kisses and hugs… Something more…?» he half-closed his eyes.

 That explains why he had been talking with the others so  much and with such concentration.

 Wait!

 What?!

 ! How on earth did that cross his mind??

 !

 !

 «MUEOS?!»

--

 «Ivy.. you look pale, did anything happen?»

 «Hey!»

 I snapped out of my thoughts too abruptly, as Hannah moved her hand right in front of my face.

 «Huh?»

 «Are you OK?»

 «Ehm, yes, perfect.»

 «You know, I wanted to ask you something…»

 «What,  Hannah?»

 «Ray oppa is asking me to do more things with him… I feel like doing it, but I’m a little bit scared, too. You surely have done such things with Rome-sshi… So, what’s your opinion?»

 Hannah asked that with her usual suspicious and annoying tone. Does… does she know?

 Gae In choked, as she was eating her cereal bar and I slightly hit her back.

 «Mueos?»

 «I’m talking to Ivy! I only trust her!»

 I felt like sweating… almost fainting. I don’t want to answer that question!

 «I don’t know…. T-these things come naturally, I guess…» I murmured and put on my headphones, to avoid further chatting.

Hanbyul’s POV

 The atmosphere in our practising room was something more than suffocating. We have been here for two hours unstoppably!

  Even though we were feeling cold while we were walking up to here, StarKim, now, we have all sweated and really don’t need the heating. I drank water like a thristy dog, after singing the last note of our song and put my glasses downwards on my nose, to rub my face with a towel.

 Man, I’m tired. I’m a tired nerd.

 I slept really late last night, to study Biology, today morning I was also studying at school AND during the breaks and right after school, we came here to practise our music. For our debut.

 The Led Apple debut.

 Omo… I’m saying it and don’t actually believe it.

  I sat down and Youngjun patted my head.

  «I know you’re tired… Maybe more than we are, but you’re doing great, Jace.» he smiled and –leaving his guitar aside- sat next to me, along with Kyumin.

 «Thanks, hyung… And you guys are all amazing!» I murmured and layed back. (My ribs and face are not in the better of conditions, yet… >.<)

 «Run To You is real fun;  I love it!» Kwangyeon left his bass and pulled Hyoseok from his drums.

 «Yes! This album will be full of surprises!» Hyoseok winked and they both joined our nice floor hang out.

 «Are we going to play it one more time?» Kyumin asked, his voice a bit husky.

 «Ne, why not?»

  As I was laying back, something really bothered me with these words.

  Do I have something to do afterwards? Apart from studying, of course…

  Hmmm…

  «O.M.G!!!» I got up too abruptly, sitting directly back down, as my ribs hurt me.

  The other boys got scared and looked at me weirdly.

 «Man, are you OK?» Kyumin asked me, trying to comfort me.

  «Ne, ne, but I’m an idiot! A total idiot, guys!»

   HOW COULD I FORGET IT????

   «What did you remember??» Youngjun wondered, giggling with my stupid reactions.

  «Ivy is coming today!! For our first lesson about the competition!» I exclamed and slapped my forehead.

  «Chinja? I had forgotten about it… But you, too, hyung?» Kwangyeon laughed and put his tongue out.

 «I KNOW I’M AN IDIOT, YOU DON’T NEED TO REPEAT IT!!» I moved my hands like a helpless anime.

 «OK, relax! What time is she coming?» Youngjun asked.

 «7pm sharp.»

 «OK, no problem, it’s only 5.30 yet.»

 «I’m glad she’s coming…» Hyoseok clapped happily and I looked at him suspiciously.

  No.

  I have to prove myself mature.

   Right?

   DO NOT GET JEALOUSSSS~

 «And why are you happy??»

  . I said it.

  «It’s nice to have her around. She’s really good to us.» Hyoseok smiled in his innocent way.

 «Ne, I know…»  I scratched my head awkwardly. «Do you think that this maybe means something??»

   Kwangyeon  was about to say something, when Chusang entered our place, without knocking first. That’s what he usually does; He takes it for granted that we don’t care, but it’s really rude. Anyway, he is smiling weirdly.

 «Well, guys, what’s up?» he asked, putting his hands in his pant pockets.

  We looked at him raising our eyebrows. He came here just to ask that??

  «Fine, hyung.» Youngjun said, whipping the sweat from his forehead. «You should have come earlier to turn off the heat; We were about to die in here!»

  «Ahhh, sorry guys… I-I was busy checking some papers and old diaries and all the others were disbanded for today, so that’s why you didn’t see me or anyone else…» he rubbed the back of his head shyly.

 To be sincere, Chusang is a really fine person. 29 to his thirties, he’s the one that has always been by our side, from the very first moment that I remember myself in Led Apple. He’s a bit childish, sometimes more than we are, shy and undecisive but he really cares for us. He’s never putting pressure on our already heavy programmes and –up to now- never told anything about my studying. Or my looks… But I’m afraid he will soon, since the debut is coming closer and closer. What will I do? ToT

 «What? We’re all alone here? Aish, that’s how much everyone cares about us in here…» Kyumin crossed his arms on his chest.

 «C’mon, guys, it’s usually only you and me; We’re a too small company to need many people constanly here!» he giggled and added: « You know… we can realise many things by looking in old papers… I found out something that made me feel a little touched…»

  OK, my interest was refreshed and- as far as I can see- the other Led Apple, too.

 «Mueos?» Hyoseok widened his eyes.

 «Today, let’s say from the day that Hanbyul officially joined us, Led Apple is counting 2 years from their creation… Congratulations boys!» he opened his arms happily.

 We looked at each other, firstly with surprise and then we all smiled.

  Youngjun opened a great hug for all of us and we didn’t hesitate to join him.

  Wow… Already two years with my fellows… My very best fellows. I would have killed myself without their company and with so much studying.

 «YAH! I’m the manager! Can’t I share the excitement??» Chusang whined and we started jumping all around him, yelling nonsense.

  «Celebrate!!!» Kwangyeon exclamed and Chusang nodded quickly.

  «Of course! Here are chips, sandwiches (Yes, Kyumin, from my mom- don’t laugh!!!) and some beers for us to celebrate! Don’t drink too much! You’re not adults yet, any of you! I’ll be here watching you!» Chusang brought two big plastic bags from the market and my dongsaengs opened them like hungry vandals.

 «Thank you, hyung, for remembering us, when no one else did… Even we, ourselves, didn’t remember it!» I smiled and Chusang patted my head.

 «No problem, little ones! You know I only have you to think of!»

  That’s true… Chusang had only a few relationships in the past, so he hasn’t had any family yet. His mom… urgh… she’s a bit bossy, but he loves her very much and never can say no to her. It’s a bit pathetic.

 ~Ooops! I shouldn’t judge him about that…. >.< Sorry!

   We drank a few beers and ate like we hadn’t eat for centuries. By the way, Mrs. Kim’s sandwiches were really tasty. We didn’t drink a lot, but my mind, talking personally , became a little blurr.

 I thought of Ivy. And smiled.

 I like thinking of her.

  Kyumin started singing with silliness with Kwangyeon a song from a TV series and Youngjun clapped with excitement, while Hyoseok was eating the last sandwich.

«Sssh, you’re really bad!» Chusang laughed and threw at them some pieces of paper.

 «Hanbyul should be singing!» Hyoseok exclamed, with a full mouth.

 Well, I’m still thinking of her… So, I’m singing for her only…

«I love you, I love you, I love you

Because saying just once or twice isn’t enough

I can’t save it, I can’t hide it

I’m confessing my true heart

 

Only you only you are everything to me

Even when I look at you, even when I hold you, they’re too much I can’t handle

Every time I speak them out, my heart flutters again

Those words that have never been easy, “I love you”

  «Wooo, K.Will!!! Nice choice! But why so romantic?» Chusang put his tongue out and drank a little more beer.

 «Hanbyul is in looooooooooove!!» Kyumin giggled and I threw Kwangyeon’s shoe at him.

 «YAH!»

 He’s such a troll!

 «In love?» Chusang raised an eyebrow.

 «Forget it hyung!» I exclamed and they all giggled.

 As they started talking, Kwangyeon sat next to me and rest his head on my shoulder.

 «Hyung, don’t deny it! You’re so in love and it’s so nice to be in love like this. I’m with Hye Mi and I like being like this…»

 «Good for you!» I moved my shoulders.

 «OK, OK, I think you need some advice, don’t you?» Kwangyeon smiled; He may be a little drunk… Maybe.

 «From you?» I chuckled.

 «Yes, yes. OK, listen to me! First of all: Compliment her a lot but not with lies. Compliment her about things that you really love about her!»

 OK, I love everything about her. So, that’s easy.

 «Second: Be always kind and careful with your manners! Girls always look for their knights, don’t they?»

 «I’m always kind, Yeonnie! Aren’t I?»

 «Of course! These are just some pieces of advice! And now third: Never talk about other boys and especially exs. It’s awkward for her and you prove yourself egoist or annoyingly curious…»

 Aigooo, he’s drunk for sure.

 «Man, Ivy HAS a boyfriend!! And he’s better than me! Far better than me!» I exclamed and pushed him.

 «Aish, you’re so mistaken hyung…  She hasn’t even listened to you singing…» he murmured and his eyes closed as little.  

 «To us!!!» Youngjun raised his can of beer and we all followed him.

 «For all the years to come and they will be many!» Chusang smiled and we all drank.

 

Ivy’s POV

 «DO YOU GET WHAT HE ACTUALLY ASKED ME???»  

 Wooo, I’m actually screaming to my poor cousin, Christina.

 She’s laughing, but I’m not, at all.

 «Relax, sis! He didn’t try to do it! He just asked you about it!»

  Aish, she’s always so calm and confident. It’s a pity she’s still back in my country and we can only talk through Skype and the web camera. She is the only person that knows my real problems and my real self.

 «Yes, but now he’s is going to keep on asking about it! What am I going to doooooooooo?» I was whining like crazy.

 Rome asked for «more» in our relationship… Is he… Aish, I don’t want that!

 «Wait, what did you tell him when he asked you?»

  «I told him that I’ll… I’ll think of it but that I don’t think I’m ready… And… and he said OK… BUT I DON’T WANT TOOOO!» I cried more.

  Christina burst into laughter and asked me again to be calm.

  «Look, you know, I’ve done this famous thing… but I’m sure that if I hadn’t done when I really wanted it I would have hated it. So, don’t think of doing anything without really wanted or feeling it! It’s a really special thing to sacrifice it for Rome’s wills and I’m saying that because I know that you’re not in love with him, right Ivy?»

 I looked at her , full of clashing emotions.

  «Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees…» I sniffed my nose.

  «Calm down now! He isn’t you!» she laughed again I breathed slowly.

 «I know, but I smell problems because of that…»

 «Don’t be so sure! Until they come, you can be calm and relaxed, the well-known Ivy!»

  ~It’s pretty good to have a girl cousin two years older than you! Christina is my favourite, my only and very best friend. I miss her sometimes a lot.

 «Awww, I have to gooooo….» I whined again, but less intensely, maybe fakely, but the evil Christina noticed it.

  «For where..?»

 «For Hanbyul’s…»

  I gulped and blushed.

  «That’s the nerd, isn’t it?»

  «N-ne… But, you know… for the lessons…»

  «Yes… I know… Be careful, Ivy… Your face becomes different when you say that name…» Christina giggled.

  I frowned.

 «Sometimes I feel really lonely, but I have you by my side. Don’t make me feel even lonelier!!»

 I yelled that; Ooops… I’m sorry, onnie… And turned her off.

 I have to control that thing when someone (even my mind) is talking about Hanbyul.

 

Hanbyul’s POV

  Chusang let us go an hour earlier than we expected and even drove us back home. So, we thankfully had enough time to recover from that small drinking by sleeping, for about an hour.

  However, when the bell rang we were all a little sleepy.

  I directly headed to open the door  and my sleep disappeared from my eyes.

  Ivy is standing right in front of me, but she isn’t smiling as usually. Actually, she’s, but only a little. And she’s a little pale.

 «Hi there!» I smiled and let her in. «Sorry, but we’re a little messy… We were sleeping like bears, chinja!» I tried to joke, but she only widened her smile a little.

  What’s wrong with the Princess? My… my Princess?

  «It’s OK, Hanbyul. Sorry if I’m bothering you…» she said kindly and we moved to the living room, where the others were sitting. «Hi guys!» she waved and they all got up, smiling up to their ears (these bastards… >.<).

 «Who’s bothering?» Youngjun asked, offering a hug.

 «Me… maybe?» she sniffed her nose cutely.

  «Aniyoooo!» they yelled in union. I actually yelled that too… :P

  «OK, boys, you convinced me! Am I the only one studying with Hanbyul? You don’t need him?»

  «Yes! It will be only you and him…» Kwangyeon giggled.

  Aish, I’m gonna kill him!!

  I coughed again and again and he laughed.

  «We don’t care, not need him… Everyone needs a Hanbyul!» Kyumin patted my shoulder and Ivy moved her head happily; She was still pale, though.

  I pulled her and we headed upstairs…

  First advice:… Compliment for real things.

  «Y-you… you are very cute today… And very kind… with my crazy friends…» I mumbled.

  Did I it?

 «Thank you so much….» she smiled and caressed my cheek.

  YESSSSS! LONG LIVE KWANGYEON!!!

  Rule No.2: be kind.

 Aren’t I always kind, guys? But I’ll use it…

  I hurried and opened the door to my room and she smiled again. She got on her toes and kissed my cheek, as she was getting in my room.

 LONG LIVE KWANGYEON, MAN!!!!! LONG LIVE!!!

  I’m so happyyyyyyyyyyy~

  So… Rule No.3 was easy… I’m not simply doing it. I’m not talking about other boys; And of course not for Rome!!!!

  --

  We are reading a text about friendship and especially today, I feel how true it really is…

  However, Ivy isn’t saying anything… She isn’t  very well today, really…

  But she’s still so beautiful….

 «And friends can be really our other half, our supprt to any problem and…»

  I was reading, up to the moment I realised that Ivy was crying.

  «Hey… What’s going on??» I asked her, feeling the same panic, as any other time I saw her crying.

  «I…I» she mumbled, through her tears.

  What do I do? What do I do???

  For the first time, don’t panic, Hanbyul!

 I drew my breath and crossed my arm on her shoulders, as she was sitting next to me.

  «What’s wrong Ivy??»

Thankfully my voice came out steady.

 «I am so lonely, Hanbyul!» she exclamed.

 «You? Lonely?»  I gasped.

 «Ne… I am…»

  It’s obvious that she’s trying to regain control of her confident self.

 «Naaaah, boys like you a lot and as for me… you know… I really appreciate you and… You know you can count on us…» I mumbled and she hugged me.

  SHE IS HUGGING ME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

  OK! Confess who wants me dead!!

 «You’re so kind…. Why Rome can’t be the same for once in a while?? He never understands me!!» she cried even more.

 Woahhh, we’re dangerously close to Rule No.3!!!!

 What can I say???

 «There always problems…» I mumbled.

 «No, he doesn’t care for my feelings! That’s why he wants us to move on now, even though I’m not ready!» she cried again, but then blushed.

 Ouch… he wants… that… with Ivy… O.M.G my heart aches me… A lot… And even more that she’s feeling this way. But what… what can I say…?»

 «I’m sorry… I’m sorry but… but I don’t know what to say…» I only managed to mumble.

 She sniffed her nose decisively and looked at me, trying to smile.

 «No, it’s OK. I’m sorry for this… Really sorry, but…»

  A really loud music interrupted us. It was coming from downstairs and it was obviously caused by my boys!

 I cursed and got up, while Ivy followed me quietly.

  «TURN IT OFF!!!» I shouted, as I realised that they had the radio.

 «Noooo, we’re celebrating today!» Kwangyeon jumped on the couch.

 «We can do that, when I’m done with Ivy’s lesson, arasso?» I shouted and headed towards the radio, unplugging it abruptly.

 And…

 Everything became dark.

 We have a blackout!

 «Good job, hyung!» I heard Kyumin’s voice.

 «Man, it’s completely dark!!!» Kwangyeon was heard too.

 «I’m bringing a torch…» Youngjun puffed.

  «Sorry, guys, but you don’t understand when I’m saying simple things!» I said… feeling a bit guilty.

  «Ivy-sshi… sorry for that.» I heard Hyoseok giggling and Ivy joined him.

  «It’s OK, guys! No worries, such things happen…»

  I think Ivy is standing right in front of me and Hyoseok is maybe next to her. Kwangyeon and Kyumin started making «ghost-like» sounds and giggling on their own.

 «Shut up babos!» Youngjun was heard from somewhere and added: «I’m gonna check the electricity board…»

  «Wait, I’ll come, tooooooo…» I said and was about to move, but didn’t realise two things; First: a damn cushion was right behind me on the floor; Second: Ivy had grabbed my shirt.

  I fell on my back and Ivy followed me, letting out a small scream, as she fell on me.

 And…

 AND

 JEEEEEEEEEZ~ Not only she fell on me, but her lips fell on mine too.

 DEAR LORD!!!!

  WHAT ELSE IS GOING TO HAPPEN??!

 THAT WAS TOTAL BLACKOUT!!!

 We both gasped and (damn it!) Youngjun brightened the whole scene with the torch. I looked at him with panic and he instantly looked away.

  «It’s OK… I realised what happen!!!» he shouted and left, when the others were heard giggling.

  «Sorry, Ivy… I’m so sorry!» I mumbled and got up, helping her.

  «Nooo, it’s my fault… It’s OK…» she murmured, too.

  «Found the problem!» Youngjun yelled and light brightened the whole room.

  I think that Ivy and I had the most red color I’ve ever seen on human face… I’m still shaking!!

  To finish this crazy  day, Kwangyeon was about to check the radio and- as soon as he plugged it- the crazy music started playing again…

 >.<

 

 From misschoi: Hi guys!!! I'm really- really sorry for my long absence! I won't do it again, chinjaaaa! Hope you liked this update! I was planning it the whole time I was absent! MY BABIES CELEBRATED 1000 DAYS OF EXISTENCE!!! (That's why I put something familiar in here~ ;P) And also... my precious Hanbyul became 23! I 'm so proud of him! He's my one and only! Saranghae baby~ Take care til next time and thanks for your support guys! I always love your comments! Fighting~ ^^ <3