Spring and its results~

"Byeol" means star

Hanbyul’s POV

 

 

 

I flipped the pages of my book.

 

 

Time flies so quickly.

 

 

 We’re only a week away from the final exams. I can’t actually believe it.

 

 And this moment, that I’m supposed to be calmer than ever, I’m actually in the worst mess that I have even been.

 

 I bit my nail and breathed slowly so as not to panic. Because whenever I remember Younghee’s arrival, I panic.

  During this weekend (after the Friday, when she actually arrived), she came everyday in our house, messing everything up. The boys are completely stiff around her, except for the moments that they remember Youngjun’s idea (aka the fuss) and start being crazy again.

  Something not very difficult for them, to be honest.

 

  However, Younghee noona is persistent. She tries to endure the whole situation and then she tries to seduce me. However funny that may sound.  I mean, it may sound, but- GOD- it ISN’T! I’m getting mad, but I don’t want to be rude at her; she will never stop being a good friend to me. But I can’t think of her as anything more now. And, dear Lord, that idea of the future «marriage» (lol, how funny that sounds) is so suffocating for me. I don’t want to think of any marriage right now!

 

 «Mr. Jang? Are you OK?» Mr. Kim (yes, the Maths teacher) moved his hand in front of my face.

 

 I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him with a sincere «what the » expression.

 

 I’m.. I’m OK, seongsaengnim…» I bowed my head and felt blushing.

 

I think Ivy giggled from behind.

 «Do not abandon me, Mr. Jang. Not you, too. Look at the rest of my class!» Mr. Kim lifted his hands and held his forehead.

 I smiled and bowed again.

 I think I heard Ivy’s giggle again.

 

 Ivy…

 

  She didn’t call me; not even once, after leaving our house in that sad condition, which had obviously had been caused by Younghee’s presence. However, today morning, when she entered the classroom, she smiled to me and pretty normally. I mean, she didn’t look sad/ angry or so.

  Does this change Youngjun’s theory that she probably got jealous? And, as a result, that she… she might like me?

  Omo, I felt like fainting even by thinking of it.

  Ugh, I don’t know! All these things confuse me so much and I don’t want anything to distract me from my concentration on my lessons. However, this issue, obviously does.

  But isn’t it important? I mean, if the possibility that the girl you like maybe likes back isn’t important, then what is it?

  The bell ringing woke me up from my thoughts and I closed the mathematics book to open Biology. That lessons is so crucial and I think that there are a couple of things that I should have studied better. It’s OK; I think I’ll make it.

 

 

  I felt someone patting my shoulder and turned to see Ivy. It still feels weird (of course, in a positive way!) that we can talk freely now. Without anyone looking at us in a particular way or whatever.

  I smiled and gulped at the same time.

 «Hey there!» she smiled, too and I breathed with relief.

 She isn’t mad… Thank God!

 «Hi, Ivy…» I waved, feeling blushing for one more time. (Why on earth haven’t I got used to this condition yet??)

  She suddenly bowed and hugged me.

  Omo, I’m slowly dying.

 Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~ >.<

 …

  Man, this hug is tight.

 

 I love it.

 

 I hugged her back, but with great hesitance, I have to confess.

 I mean, she’s hugging me often, but- now- I simply didn’t expect it.

 After that unexplained movement, she pulled out of her bag two pieces of paper and handed them to me.

 «This is a text I wrote about love. I don’t really know how on earth that topic crossed my mind, since we haven’t read it ever in our books, but I kind of wanted to write it since I was inspired by the idea. Read it and you will tell me this evening. I’m coming for a lesson, aren’t I?» she tilted her head.

  I gasped.

«Of course! Why wouldn’t you? This is the last week that I can help you with your preparations… You know, next week the exams start…»

«Omo, yes! You’re right! Maybe… maybe I shouldn’t be coming this week either… You may need to study…» she bit the tip of her finger, giving me crazy goose bumps.

«No! No! I want you to come! I really do! With this and that that were happening the previous days, we haven’t lived a few moments on our own, like we used to do before…» I said and instantly blushed.

 

 How on earth did I become courageous all of a sudden?? ToT

 Ivy smiled again.

«Yeah… I agree on that. If you want me, then I’m coming.» she nodded slowly.

«Of course I do! I’ll wait for you around 18:30…»

«OK, then!» she turned to leave happily, but suddenly stopped and looked at me again. «How is your… your guest?» she asked, her face obviously darker.

«F-fine…» I mumbled. «She… she isn’t staying with us, anyway. No one likes her.» I hurried to add, hoping that things will be solved out.

«So, you haven’t seen her again, so far?»

 OMOOO… Should I lie…? I can’t lie.

«I wish I didn’t, but she’s coming every day. She can be so annoying.» I rolled my eyes, but Ivy’s head dropped.

  . my damn mouth.

 

«I see… I hope she isn’t bothering our lesson…» she scratched her head awkwardly, playing with her fingers.

«She won’t! I can promise that…»

  Before I finish my sentence, Rome appeared on the door of our classroom and smiled at Ivy.

 Ivy smiled back.

 «I’m coming, Rome!» she said happily. «See ya, Hanbyul.» she waved at me and left.

  As soon as she approached Rome, she hugged him.

 And not with a cold heart, like before all this fuss. She was happy for doing so. I noticed.

  They left together.

  What the hell is going on…?

  Did they make up?

  WHEN ON THIS ING EARTH DID THAT HAPPEN??

  And why she didn’t mention??

 

 

 But… C’mon, why would she tell me that?

 

On the other hand, why not?

 We are friends!!!

 

 Omo, I’m shocked right now. If they made up… Youngjun’s theory can be tossed in the trash easily. 

 And then… I don’t know what.

 I have to find out.

 Who might know?

 

 Youngjun…? No. NO, STUPID HANBYUL, how could Youngjun know?

 

 Who then??

 

 Fumino! And Gae In! Yeah, that’s it!

 I’m going to ask them! If they’re not hanging out with Ivy…

 

  I have to go now. I just HAVE TO. Otherwise, I won’t be able to concentrate here. No way.

 

  I got up with determination, thinking already of the words that I’m going to use as soon as I’m meeting the girls.

  They will probably realise why I am so interested in what Ivy is doing with Rome. But, I don’t care. Instead of being upset- like right now- I prefer getting exposed.

  Knowledge is better than worrying over something. At least, I’d know then to be relieved or sad…

 As I was getting out of class, my mobile vibrated in my pocket and I took it in my hands, getting a little angry that something is preventing me from sticking to my plan.

 Oma.

 

Omo…

 

No good time, I’m already angry with Younghee’s issue.

 

«Ne?»

«How’s my wonderful son?»

«Fine, oma. What about you there?»

«We’re doing great, son! Are you ready for your exams?»

«Ne! Of course I am…» I said, with a tone that wasn’t very friendly.

«I have a surprise for you, beyond the amazing one, that you already received.»

 

Oh my God, f she considers Younghee an amazing surprise, what is the other, upcoming surprise? >0<

 

« I hope it isn’t like Younghee’s arrival, because I’m not prepared….» I said straightforwardly.

«You were too happy, huh?»

«No! I was too taken aback! Did any of you ask me if I wanted her here?» I gasped, not controlling my nerves.

«Son,  are you serious? Why wouldn’t you want your future wife with you, during this difficult period of your life?»

«Mom! She… I don’t want her to be my future wife! There’s another…»

«Hanbyul! What are you talking about?? Omo… Leaving you on your own with these kids has changed your mind, hasn’t it??»

«No, mom, no! We have to talk. And this isn’t the right time. I’m in school right now. I’ll call you tonight…» I hurried to hang up, but mom started saying something.

«No, Mr. Jang! We are talking face to face! Because the surprise we were preparing for you was that we will be in Korea by the end of the week. All of us. Me and your father and Younghee’s parents. But I don’t think it will be a pleasant surprise for you, judging by this nonsense you’re telling me!»

«It’s not nonsense! It’s my will!» I yelled, but she had hanged up.

 

 DAMN IT! Damn it!

 

 I held my head with my hands.

 My rage is boiling in me.

 But this was the first time that I rebelled against my parents.

 

 And I need to go on with it.

 

Otherwise, they will ruin my life without even knowing it.

 

 

 

 

 Ivy’s POV

 

 

 

 I ate a big spoon of ice cream and wiped my tears off.

 

 I’m the definition of pathetic.

 

 I’m sitting in front of my laptop, locked in my room, eating ice cream like a pig, watching all the romantic episodes of «Personal Taste», and cry by myself.

 

 Congrats Ivy! Con- grats!

 

But I feel so bad… My heart, stomach, head ache me. And my hands… they are full of tiny pimples, that are itchy and painful. I usually have this when I’m very nervous or when it is extremely cold.

 But now…? Now, why?

 

 I sighed and wiped some more tears, as soon as Lee Minho kissed Son Ye Jin.

 I don’t even know how many tissues I’ve used and how much ice cream I’ve eaten. Or how long I’m in here.

 

The day before yesterday, that I went at Hanbyul’s, it was a real disaster… I mean, I was partly happy for being there after such a long time and Led Apple and Hanbyul looked so happy. It felt like our funny family was reunited. Until… Until Younghee arrived.

  And God! She didn’t let us even breathe! She kept on interrupting us and asking for Hanbyul to do that and this for her. When he was getting up to shoo her, she was hugging him and acting cutely.

  Hanbyul seemed annoyed. All the time. But he couldn’t do anything more determining. He kept on apologising to me.

  But, because of all this fuss, we didn’t manage to talk seriously for something else beyond lessons.

  So, I didn’t get to know more about that arranged marriage. And that morning, when I asked him about his «guest»… I hugged Rome like this, because I felt jealous. I needed his hug desperately, but secretly I hoped that Hanbyul was feeling jealous. More than me. If that is possible.

 OMO…

 

 I’m so ridiculous!

 

 How on earth I AM so jealous?

HUH? Even the pimples I have… can that be because of my jealousy, too?

  YAAAAAAAAAAH~

 

 How did I end up so ing in love with Hanbyul??

 

 I stuffed my mouth with more ice cream and cried harder.

 

 A knock on my door startled me and I hurried to whip my tears like crazy.  Not that they’re not going to notice that I’m in a dreadful condition, anyway…

 

«Who… who is it, please?» I mumbled, sniffing my nose.

 «It’s Fumi!»

«And Gae In!»

 

 I rushed to the door, unlocked it, pulled them inside my room and locked again.

  They looked at me and gasped with surprise.

«OMG, how are you like this?» Gae In approached me and hugged me.

«Chingu, have you been crying?» Fumi asked, holding my hands.

  She looked at my desk and gasped again.

«Watching a romantic drama… Tissues… Your tearful face… And… ICE CREAM?” she slowly raised the tone of her voice.

  I simply sniffed my nose and Gae In’s hug became tighter.

«Someone here is in love…» Fumi moved her finger and looked at me with a well- known smile.

  I was about to protest, but they both started laughing and sat on my bed.

 

«It’s not funny!» I whined.

«Of course it is! I really wonder why you act like that… It’s wonderful that you like him, too…» Fumi smiled again.

«I’m not talking about Rome!» I yelled, the girls laughing again.

«We know that… C’mon, Ivy, we have realised your bond with Hanbyul… It’s not simply a friendly one, huh?» Gae In raised an eyebrow, among her laughter.

 I frowned angrily and crossed my arms on my chest.

 «Is it THAT obvious? And is this THAT funny?» I yelled again, rolling my eyes.

«It’s not funny! You just don’t need to cry about it. Since it is so obvious that he likes you, too. Probably he liked you first, huh?»

  I sat next to them and covered my face again.

 

 I’m not very sure about that anymore.

 

«I… I don’t really know…» I sighed and tears started running again on my cheeks.

«Ivy… What’s wrong, girl?» Fumi caressed my hair and they both crossed their legs on my bed to sit better.

«Things might have changed from what you guys know…» I said sadly.

«What is it?» Gae In widened her eyes.

 

I took a deep breath. I know I’m gonna sound so damn stupid. But these girls are my best friends, anyway.

 

«A girl, an unnie… Appeared from Hanbyul’s past in Australia. She said that she’s his arranged wife… And Hanbyul didn’t deny it much…» I wiped my tears, as my voice cracked.

 The girls gasped.

 

«Oh my God, do these things still happen?» Fumi gasped.

«As you can see, yeah!» I cried and covered my head with my pillow.

«Wait a sec… Does Hanbyul- sshi like that girl? Because it might be only his parents’ will…» Gae In hurried to comfort me.

«I don’t knowwww…» I murmured under my pillow and slowly removing it, I added: «However, he seems annoyed when she’s around…»

 The girls snapped their fingers.                 

 

«See? You are not sure! You should confess and see the reactions…» Gae In clapped her hands.

«I don’t want tooooo… I just wanna stay here and eat ice cream and cry, OK??» I rolled myself like a ball and covered my head again.

 The girls rolled their eyes and started pushing me.

«Get up! That’s not the solution!!» Fumi started tickling me.

«Yeah, unnie, we have something to tell you that will make feel better for sure.» Gae In chuckled.

 I looked at them with the corner of my eyes.

«What??» I murmured.

«Hm.. Well, on Monday, when you were still with Rome and talking, Hanbyul came straight to us, to ask us… What is going on with you and Rome… And…» Fumi smirked.

«… And if you made up… And he seemed pretty concerned to find out about this thing…» Gae In joined the slyly smirking session.

  I got up and wiped my tears for a last time. Because no more are coming out.

 I looked at them in disbelief, but they both nodded quickly.

 

«So… that means he got jealous?» I asked slowly.

«What a smart girl you are!» Fumi put her tongue out.

  I breathed calmly and smiled, probably like an idiot.

 

«That means he still likes me!» I whispered with excitement.

 «Stop saying obvious things, please!» Gae In rolled her eyes and I blushed, but- still- got up on my bed.

 «What should I do knowww?» I asked with a singing voice and started jumping on my bed.

  They looked at me and started laughing again.

 «Omo, Ivy, I didn’t expect that you’re actually so in love with him.» Fumi moved her head, still laughing.

«None of your business, missie!» I put my tongue out. «You didn’t tell me… What did you answer to him?»

«That we don’t know. We kind of see you hanging out together, but nothing more.» Gae In said quickly.

«And that we aren’t asking you.» Fumi added.

  I rubbed my hands with each other and smiled. Things seem to work for me.

 Muahahaha~

 

 

I feel so light right now! Omo…

 

 

Suddenly, though, I frowned.

 

«There’s still that girl in the middle. And I can’t do anything for her.» I said quietly, sitting back down.

«Not you, directly at least. But indirectly?» Fumi smirked again.

«Indirectly?» I scratched my head like an idiot.

 «Yeah… You know, making- somehow- Hanbyul do it for you. Unless you or he, want him to really marry that girl…» she added, playing with her fingers and not looking at me.

 I gasped.

 «No! No way! I’m going there! Now!» I said and ran automatically towards the door.

«Yah! Wait! Be pretty! You have to be prettier than usually for the plan to work perfectly…» Gae In winked and I slapped my forehead.

 «Of course!» I exclaimed and ran back to my mirror.

  The girls laughed and high- fived each other.

  «Don’t laugh that much! I had to go, anyway… We have a lesson today. Probably the last before the competition…» I sighed and washed my face with a wet tissue.

 «Don’t act rushly… You’re smart! I trust you!» Fumi moved her finger.

 «I won’t, I promise! Since I’m going there do you want me to say anything to…»

  I covered my mouth in panic.

  I was about to say Hyoseok and Kyumin.

  ~

 I almost revealed Hanbyul’s secret.

 

 «Huh?» Gae In wondered.

«Nothing, nothing. I speak nonsense, because I’m nervous.» I said casually and concentrated on myself, which has to be prettier than ever.

 

 

 

 

 

 Youngjun’s POV

 

 

 

 It’s the second walk that I’m having on my own today. But I just couldn’t resist to the chance given, to avoid our house’s fuss.

  Younghee is a huge problem. Really.

 

 And I can feel how tensed and stressful Hanbyul has become because of her. And this has to stop. These days that are coming are so damn important to him.

  He doesn’t deserve to have them ruined.

 

And anyway! Younghee is no good for Hanbyul! They don’t match at all.

 Instead… They stick so well with Ivy… And Younghee is ruining their few moments together, too!

 UGH! That girl is bothering my friend! And all the rest of us!

 

 I sighed and sat on a bench.

 

 

  A couple passed right in front of me, holding hands.

 

 I sighed again.

 

Being a leader is more difficult than it may seem.

I have to take care of everyone and help everyone. I have to be the most responsible one, the most programmed one. The most calm and careful one.

That’s why my personal life doesn’t actually exist, in contrast with the others.

 

 I can’t even think of my feelings.

 

 That’s why maybe all these s with Zia noona happened.

 

  Zia noona.

 

 Omo.

 

 I shouldn’t be thinking of her at all.

 

 

I have to get over that thing.

 As soon as possible.

 

 

«May I sit here?» I heard a female voice and lifted my head.

 

I gasped. The dream… Ehem, I mean, the nightmare, came true.

 

WTF??

 

«Z- Zia noona??»  I said slowly, getting up instantly from my seat.

 «Hi there…» she smiled, waving her hand cutely.

 

 OK, yes, that gave me some goose bumps.

 

«Can I sit with you?» she asked and I nodded, gulping at the same time.

  She sat and pulled my jacket, making me sit, too.

 

I feel so damn weird.

 I cleaned my throat and was about to talk, but she caught up on me.

 

«How are you…? I passed from your house but the boys told me that you were out… So, I just started walking around and… here you are!» she moved her hands.

 

OK, I can’t stop looking at her.

 

«I’m… I’m fine. Kind of tired…» I rubbed the back of my head.

«It’s OK… School will be over soon and you will get rid of it, huh?» she smiled again.

«Yeah… What about you?»

«Fine… Here and there… I…»

 

We both looked at each other and I felt blushing.

 

«Zia noona, I… I have to explain…» I started my mumbling again.

 She placed her finger on my lips and my panic stopped. I feel so weird again.

 «There’s no need to explain, Youngjun…» she said quietly.

 «There’s… I mean, it wasn’t right to kiss you, like all of a sudden…»

   Zia blushed and bit her nail.

  She’s seems so tiny and cute in her nice outfit.

 

«It’s OK, really, Youngjun… Because… It made me realise that…» she blushed even more intensely and looked at me.

 I felt my breath stopping for a few seconds.

 

«That…?» I whispered.

«… That I like you too.» she smiled shyly and caressed my hair.

 

I think my expression is a total «WTF» right now… My stomach is a mess.

 

She came closer to me and I naturally gasped again.

 I may pass out! ToT

 

«What? You don’t like me too?» she pouted and I hurried to move my head negatively.

«No! I do, I definitely d…» I was saying, when she crashed her lips on mine.

 

That warm feeling again…

That burning sensation all over me…

 

 Another kiss…

 

 KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~

 

 Omo, my heart is beating so fast!

 

 

Something started vibrating in my pocket and the moment of the kiss was ruined, as I hurried to answer.

 

 «Ne? Kwangyeon? What? I can’t hear you well, idiot, stay still! Oh… I see… I’m coming.  Not alone, too.» I smiled, looking at Zia noona and hanged up.

 «What… what is going on?» she asked, tilting her head cutely.

 «The boys are out with their girlfriends… They are at a cafe, close here. You wanna come with me?» I smiled.

 She got up next to me and rest her hand on my shoulder.

 

«As what…? A colleague only?» she pouted cutely and I felt my heart beating louder.

«Eum… I don’t know. As what you wish for…» I moved my shoulders and she smiled.

«Say it!» she wrapped her arms around my neck gently.

  That feels so weird!

 

 Man!

 

 Too weird!

 

But I think I can get used to it…

 

 

 I smiled back at her.

 

 

«As my girlfriend.» I said and left a peck on her lips.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

«Yah, here you are! What have you been doing for so long?» Kyumin instantly whined and I slapped the back of his neck.

 The cafe was pretty cramped, but there were two seats for me and Zia to sit with our friends.

 

«Don’t do that in front of my girlfriend!» Kyumin whined again and I widened my eyes.

 «Gae In- ah? Are you his girlfriend officially?» I gasped happily.

 She nodded quickly, smiling up to her ears.

 Then I noticed Hyoseok kissing Fumino. On her lips.

«Hyoseok? You confessed, too?» I exclaimed again, causing laughter to both of them.

«Ne, but- as far as I can see- you did, too.» Hyoseok pointed at Zia, who sat next to Fumino and waved at everyone.

 

I blushed, but nodded.

 

«Hey, no comments for me? I feel left out…» Kwangyeon pouted and Hye Mi hugged him.

«Idiot…» I put my tongue out and sat next to Zia.

 

Everybody is chatting happily with everybody…

It feels so warm and calm.

 

My heart feels so happy.

 

I passed my arm around Zia’s shoulders and she looked at me cutely.

I was about to remove my hand, but she held it tightly.

 

«Aigoo… Don’t be so shy…» she pinched my cheek and giggled.

 

WOAH~ It feels so nice…

 

 

I closed my eyes and was enjoying the moment, when I heard a name that brought me some particular thoughts.

 

«… And Ivy was in such a dreadful condition and…»

 Fumino is talking.

 

«Ivy was in a dreadful condition?» I asked, opening my eyes immediately.

 Fumi laughed and nodded.

She looked at everyone and smiled.

«All of us who know her are her friends, so I’m gonna say it simply. Ivy was a complete mess with that Younghee’s arrival at Hanbyul’s house… Oh, Youngjun, you weren’t here… I have to explain who Younghee is…» Fumi scratched her head.

 

  The school days are almost over. I can slowly start ruining that stupid lie around our dorm life.

 

« I know who Younghee is… We all kind of talk with Hanbyul.» I moved my shoulders and the boys looked at me weirdly.

«Really? Oh, OK, then.» Fumi smiled, not bothering at all with the revelation. «Well, since you know… That girl’s appearance bothered Ivy as much as hell… And since we all kind of know that Hanbyul likes our Ivy… We wondered if she could kind of «push» him to end it with that girl. Because, from what I realised… Hanbyul doesn’t want that girl around…»

«He doesn’t!» Kyumin exclaimed, but I looked at him warningly.

«So, Ivy’s presence might help out the situation… She was pretty when we left her house…» Gae In giggled.

 I gasped.

 «What was she doing?» I asked.

«She was about to go to Hanbyul’s house. For their lesson.» Fumi raised an eyebrow.

 

Omo… Ivy must be going there determined to succeed.

 

If she does… Guys, I’ll kiss her!

 

No… Now I have a girlfriend.

 

I’ll buy her chicken.

 

 

 

 

 

Hanbyul’s POV

 

 

 

 

Silence… Perfect silence.

 

 

Not because my boys are gone. But because Younghee isn’t here, yet.

 

Thank you God!!

 

Ah, how nice…

 

I’m sitting on our sofa caressing Byeol, who is extremely quiet and sleepy.

 With the everyday fuss he isn’t resting either.

 

 

Suddenly the bell rang and I got up, crossing fingers that it’s not Younghee.

 How this girl ended up my nightmare?

 

 

 However, as soon as I opened the door, I faced a dream and definitely not a nightmare.

 Ivy.

 And she’s so beautiful.

 

My jaw dropped naturally.

 

«H-hi.» I mumbled and she got courageously in, kissing my cheek.

 

 Lord, don’t do that to me again! No right time to faint!

 

«Hi cutie!» she smiled and left her shoes next to the door.

 

Cutie? She called me a cutie?

 

 OMFG, what is going on??

 

 «Shall we go for our lesson?» she jumped happily and pulled my hand.

 

«Yeah… Yeah…» I murmured and followed her, as if I was hypnotized.

 

 Even though she looks so pretty… Her eyes are red and a little swollen.

 As if she was crying before.

 But why?

 She know seems so happy…

 

Maybe something good happened with Rome.

 

We reached my room and sat in front of my desk, on our usual seats. Our books were already there, plus the notebook that Ivy brought with her…

  «With whom you are going to the graduation ball?» she asked all of a sudden.

 I gasped and bowed my head.

«Eum… Actually I don’t have asked anyone…» I started mumbling. «But I guess you are going with Rome… Huh?» I asked.

 She seemed surprised with my question.

«Na-ah. I don’t. Actually he didn’t ask me yet. The graduation ball is two weeks far, anyway. And we are actually going through a trial period with each other, so I don’t really know.» she played with her curls.

«T- trial period?» I raised an eyebrow.

«Yeah, my cute nerd.» she touched my nose and I felt like fainting again.

 Why is she so… fl- flirty today?

 

«Trial period means: no kisses, just hugs. No couple moments, just friendly ones.» she explained. «I have someone else in my mind, you know…» she smirked and looked right into my eyes.

 

Is that GOING FOR ME???

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH~ ToT

 

I have to stay calm. I have to stay calm. I have to stay calm!!!

 

 

Ask her what you want to, Hanbyul… Ask her, damn it!

 

«Ivy… I want to ask you something…» I started saying and looked at her.

«What?» she asked cutely.

«I…»

 

The bell rang again.

 

And that is definitely Younghee.

 

«Wait right here…» I told Ivy and got up, rushing downstairs.

 

 

I opened the door and found Younghee fixing her hair.

 

«Hi dongsaeng…» she waved but didn’t move to get in.

 

«Hi noona.» I waved back and was about to move aside, so she can get in, but she didn’t move.

«Hanbyul… I won’t come in… I just passed to tell you that…»

«That?»

«I can see that you don’t like me anymore as a woman. And it’s sensible. We both grew up and our tastes changed. It’s completely sensible.»

«Our tastes?» I wondered.

«Ne… I can see you like that girl you are tutoring… She.. she probably likes you, too.»

 I was about to talk but she didn’t let me.

«BUT! Beyond you, I’ve changed my mind, too. I have… someone else in Australia, Hanbyul. I came here, just because our parents desperately wanted it and because I thought you might still wanted the idea of my dad’s dental clinic. And I didn’t want you to lose that chance, just because I changed my mind… That’s why I made an effort to see you as a «boyfriend» again… But your resistance was so obvious, that I only needed these few days to realise that you are not interested anymore, either. I fully understand, don’t worry. That plan of our parents was old- fashioned anyway.» she smiled and I saw the Younghee I knew for a moment.

 

This sounds like heaven… Like heaven!!

 

«Omo… Noona… This sounds like good news… Really. I didn’t know how to tell you. I thought you were still in to me, so I was so hesitant… I’m sorry for my behavior the last days. I was in panic.» I bowed and she caressed my hair.

«Beyond everything… We are still friends. So, I’m staying here during your exams. I want to cheer you up, as much as I can. And I’ll also be here when our parents come to explain them everything, so as they’re not blaming you only.» she winked and I didn’t hold back from hugging her.

«Thank you, noona…» I whispered and she hugged me back.

«It’s OK buddy… Are you alone?»

«Aniyo… Ivy is here for our lesson…» I blushed and she smiled, pinching my cheek.

 

 

--

 

 

 I returned to Ivy completely refreshed.

 

 

She was playing with her curls and turned to me with a puzzled expression. I smiled and pulled her hands to make her stand up.

 

«Ivy… Younghee noona is gone now. I mean… she doesn’t want to marry me either… She was just trying for her own reasons… Something that didn’t work out…»

  She widened her eyes and smiled.

«And what about your parents?» she asked.

«We will both explain to them… And I hope they understand. If they don’t, it’s their own problem.» I smiled and dared to caress her cheek.

 She closed her eyes and held my hand.

 «That’s what you were about to tell me previously?» she asked again.

 

I came closer to her and passed my hand behind her neck.

 

«Ani… I just wanted to ask you… if you want to go to the graduation ball with me.» I whispered, gathering all my courage. 

 

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hello people! *Warns- not an end yet!* Hope you liked our update~ ^^ It was a bit cheesy :P Thank you for your support! For the lovely comments I received, for the new upvote and your views! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Love you all! Your comments and ideas are always welcomed~ Take care til next time! ^^ <3