It's not always as you think it is

"Byeol" means star

Youngjun’s POV

 

 «Play us something from FT Island!» Kangjun yelled with excitement.

  It’s the last night before we’re returning back to Seoul… It’s funny and weird at the same time how we spent these days with the popular students of our school. I think we could never imagine of hanging out with any of them.

  Not that we like them all of a sudden. They are snobbish and uninteresting persons. They talk about gossips, fashion and athletics stuff. It’s not that I’m snobbish too, but I think that talking ONLY for these things it’s kind of boring. They seem excited with us, though. Music is always cool, right?

  It was good for us to spend these days around Ivy. Hye Mi joined us quickly, as Kwangyeon’s girlfriend, so the company was- somehow- complete. Well… «complete»… Led Apple are not complete. And will never be without Hanbyul present.

   «OK, we can play instrumentally something of FT Island.» I winked and looked at Ivy.

  She smiled and gave me «thumbs up». Before looking at me, I saw her expression. And it was thoughtful and a little sad.

  I tried to talk to her about the Hanbyul issue again. But every time, her face was so sad, that I was stopping -even talking- immediately.

  If I’m right, the thought of not meeting Hanbyul is making her sad. Or -at least- it isn’t leaving her uninterested. Could it be…? I’m trying not to think of it.

  But I can’t! I’m just so- so- so sure that Ivy has started liking Hanbyul!

  You could tell me, of course, that this would be the reaction of a person losing a good friend. However, for some unknown reason, I feel like I’m right. She must like him now… How could I check it?

  I mean, think of it, guys. Back then, when she saw that message from Zia… She got jealous, right? Otherwise, why would she ask about who that girl is and why is sending a message to Hanbyul?

 

  And you would answer to me: just from curiosity, maybe?

  Ugh, my proofs are extremely weak. And even if I was right, what then? I’d tell Hanbyul. And then? Would he confess? Would she accept it? Would they be together?

  OK, these thoughts sound like a really nice joke. A reaaaally nice joke! Am I being ridiculous?

  I’ll stop this in my head now, because I think I might get lost in things that have nothing to do with me. NOTHING~ I care for my friends’ feelings, but up to this.

   I took a look of the company around me and smiled. They all have a stunned face. You see, Kyumin is doing a great job in singing, so the impression we have left these days is pretty good, even though Hanbyul is absent. We are satisfied.

  The days of relaxation are over, however, since- tomorrow- we’re returning to the nightmare of our school and work/ practice responsibilities. What a shame… The moments we spent here where invaluable. I feel my batteries refilled, but as soon as I think of work and school my stomach twists intensely. Just like when I think of Zia. I guess it’s because she’s getting on my nerves. *Sighs*

  Ray appeared with Hannah from the darkness, pulling her from her hand. She is really frowned.

 «Hannah? What is wrong with you?» Rome asked.

 «Why do you care?» Ivy put her tongue out.

  I think that this is a mean face, she’s got there. Was that a revenge- line?

  Rome and Hannah looked at her bitterly, but Ray laughed.

  «She’s mad, because she saw Hyoseon and Haneul around hers, Gae In’s, Fumino’s and Ivy’s dorm.»

 «They might be up to something…» Hannah looked at Ray angrily.

 Hyoseon and Haneul… I’ve heard these names. I know Hyoseon.. She’s the one trying to seduce Hanbyul every now and then. But Haneul… she must be a girl that is usually wearing a lot of make- up.

«These nothings planning something for popular students…? That’s a little funny, Hannah…» Rome laughed.

 «It’s not funny! These girls are mean!» Ivy exclaimed.

 «They are disgusting… But mean? C’mon Ivy… I was always thinking that you’re a sensible girl!» T.K said seriously, looking at Ivy.

  «These girls are indeed weird.» Hyoseok moved his head and Fumino, always sitting next to him, looked at him with curiosity.

 «I know Hyoseon, she’s in my class. And she’s always scary. But Haneul… I don’t think I’ve noticed her.» she said.

 «She’s in the same class as Rome oppa, Ray and T.K.» Ivy explained.

  T.K kept on looking at Ivy (don’t think that I didn’t notice him doing that! :P) and puffed loudly.

  «And what do you suggest to do, then?» he turned to Hannah suddenly.

 «Nothing. I just said it for us to be careful.» she moved her shoulders.

   Rome’s eyes twinkled weirdly, reflecting the fire light.

 «What if we pull a prank on them, then?» he raised an eyebrow.

  Ivy became pale. Really pale.

 «Ani, are you crazy? Leave them alone!» she moved her hands, her voice a little shaky.

  «C’mon, camps are no fun without pranks on losers!» Ray patted Ivy’s head, but she remained with that pale color on her skin and her eyes a little widened.

 «There’s no reason to do this…» I spoke, but everyone else- apart from Ivy-  looked at me, so I just shut it up.

  I’m not that «into» their company yet to do this, I guess…

  I felt Kwangyeon’s elbow pushing me. I looked at him and he pointed discreetly at Ivy.

  «She doesn’t seem well with that idea…» he whispered and I nodded quickly.

 «We’re going for it.. It’ll be fun, right?» T.K got up, seeking for Ivy’s eyes.

  Hannah got up, too ,to follow them and looked at Gae In and Ivy. They both didn’t move.

 «Come on guys, we will laugh a lot!» Siwoo hurried us all to get up.

 «Look, we are not into it and since I can see that girls don’t want to come either, why don’t we stay as we are? I mean, those who want to go and those who want to stay here, huh?» I said, as coolly as I could.

  Rome and T.K looked at Ivy intensely, but she didn’t move.

  «OK, that’s how it will go.» Rome said firmly and they all turned to leave.

  We remained the usual company, somehow relieved from these weird people’s behavior. Ivy, however, is still pretty pale.

 «Hey, you…» I slightly pushed her and she looked at me, her eyes full of this thoughtful expression again. «What’s wron…»

  Before I could finish my word, she buried herself in my hug.

  OK, that was abrupt.

 «Ivy? Are you shaking? God, is your fever back?» I touched her forehead, but she moved her head negatively.

«Aniyo… I just… I just don’t want them to do this to Haneul and Hyoseon…» she murmured, again with a shaky voice.

 «It’s not right… That’s true…» Kyumin said quietly and came closer to Ivy to caress her head.

 «But onnie, don’t be sad. I don’t think it could be anything too bad!» Gae In said with a cute tone.

 «That’s not my problem!» she yelled, but then repeated it more quietly.

 «So, then, what is it?» Fumi widened her cat- like eyes.

 «I… I can’t speak clearly now… But I’m afraid that I will be the one to pay for this whole thing…» she said, still hugging me tightly.

  OK, I have a feeling that this has to do with the lessons with Hanbyul issue. Could it be that Hyoseon knows something? And has been threatening either Hanbyul or Ivy? Why these two people NEVER talk to us about their issues? WHY??

  «OK, don’t get so upset, girl. We’ll go and check what they are doing, just to assure you that nothing will be wrong, arasso?» I said and got up, looking at the others.

  The truth is that no one got up. They all have girls around them. Hyoseok has Fumino, Kyumin Gae In and Kwangyeon his beloved Hye Mi. They just don’t want to miss any moment.  I’m of the same opinion. But these two big Ivy’s eyes… They are looking at me with such a concern that I can’t say no.

  «I see. I’m on my own.» I said bitterly and moved away, the others giggling funnily behind me.

  The forest, away from the light of our small fire seems even darker. But I’m sure that the others headed for the lake, so I can easily find my way. Many sticks are cracking under my shoes, still, I heard some whispers or something, so I know that I am heading right.

  I’m no scared; I know that the place is full of people, who are familiar to me. I just wanted the others for support. But maybe it’s better they didn’t come. They would be very noisy, while now, they are useful; they are protecting the girls.

  OK, I just saw the boys of the company standing next to the lake. They are talking too casually for a prank…

  But where is Hannah?

  I’m sitting on a rock, but in the darkness I can’t be easily seen. Only if someone comes right on front of me.

  Oh, that’s it. I can hear girls’ talks.

  I think Hannah is coming… With… with Haneul and… Hyoseon?

  What the hell is going on here?

  «…I told you they want to tell you something…» Hannah was pulling Hyoseon’s hand towards the boys.

  «What are you talking about, Hannah- ssi?» Haneul was talking firmly.

 «Look, here they are!» she pointed at the boys and the two weird girls seemed surprised.

 «Oppas? What do you want us?» Hyoseon asked, with a tone half happy, half curious.

 «About the ball…» Ray started saying.

 «Ne. Which were your ideas?» Rome asked, with a pretty serious tone.

 They were both hesitant.

 «I think mine had something to do with flowers and Haneul’s…»

«With…» she was about to say, when Hannah and Rome both yelled: «Surprise!» and pushed them on the edge of the lake.

  I know there’s a loose rock there. An ajussi told us that they will remove it before the summer period starts.

  They both screamed, as the rock slowly slid in the water, them to follow.

  Omo, they fell into the water!

  Thankfully the waters are really shallow there, so it’s just the fact they got wet and cold. The pranksters ran away quickly, heading for the dorms and the two girls started shouting curses really loudly.

  That was a little mean… I feel kind of bad after watching this…

  I got up to leave, when I heard Haneul’s voice.

 «I’m going to inform Miss Park. She will give these bastards a nice lesson…» she said with determination, coming out of the water.

 «Aniyo! I have a better a idea… A more painful one…» Hyoseon said in a really low voice that I distinguished with great difficulty.

 «Painful? For all of them?» Haneul asked with excitement, pulling Hyoseon out of the water.

«Naah, not for all of them… At least for the heads of this ty «royalty» thing…» Hyoseon said and laughed.

  The heads? Does this include Ivy?

  Should… should I tell her? Or Hanbyul?

 Ugh, what to do?

  No. I’d better keep my mouth shut. I might worry them for no reason. And they are already upset for different reasons each. That’s enough. I’ll just inform the rest of Led Apple and we will watch Hyoseon’s moves as soon as we’re back in school.

  She won’t manage to do something quicker than that… Right?

 

 

 

 

 

 

  Hanbyul’s POV

 Ouch~

 I just hit my head on the… on the desk? Omo, I fell asleep again on my desk! Ugh…

  Ugh… What time is it…?

   8p.m. I must be sleeping for half an hour now… Damn Biology! Deep inside, I hate you!

  This house is TOO SILENT!!! I can’t stand it empty anymore!

  I missed the guys… I even ended up visiting my grandparents and calling my parents twice a day. While I’m calling them only once or not at all, some days. Aigooooo, that’s ridiculous. The mama’s guy. The mama’s nerd. That’s Hanbyul.

  I also went out with Zia. I didn’t have the fear that anyone from the school will see me, as most children are at the camp. She asked me about the rest of Led Apple; how they  are doing, if they are having fun in the camp and such stuff. I was telling her that they are asking about her, too. I couldn’t tell her that Youngjun is furious, as always, with her again.
  Ah, chinja, why is this guy like this? Youngjun rarely is behaving aggressively to people. He might be uninterested or not too excited, but he’s never aggressive.

  Maybe… maybe he’s worried that Zia will gather more attention than Led Apple after the debut… Huh? No?

  Ugh, I don’t know and I’m not going to think of it now. I’m too tired and bored to do anything.

  I closed the Biology book noisily and pushed it away from me. I can’t stand even seeing it in front of me.

  I got up from the desk and jumped on my bed. Byeol looked at me scared, as I probably woke him up with this movement of mine.

  «Sorry, dude…» I murmured and lied, looking at the ceiling.

 He came closer to me and rest his head on my belly.

  He’s bored, too. He’s used to having more people around him that have the mood and the time to play with him. But I’m too busy to do these with him…

  These days helped me realise that I can’t live lonely anymore. Hanbyul, before coming in Korea, might could do that. But Hanbyul, after visiting StarKim and becoming a member of Led Apple, can’t live without s, for sure. These were the saddest and most boring days of my teenage life.

   What will happen when… when I’ll become a student in Dentistry and will have to study there? How… how will I be seeing my friends? How will I be practicing?

  Wait. Since I will be a dentist, will I be Led Apple’s vocalist, too? No, no, no. These things are not happening.

 What am I going to do, then? Omo, no, I can’t think of it now. I already have a headache and these thoughts are kind of scary right now. No, no, I better leave these things aside for now.

  Otherwise I’ll go crazy.

   

  I didn’t only realise that I can’t live without Led Apple. I also realised that I miss Ivy too much to go on with the plan that I was using up to now. To say that I’m always busy and not having lessons with her.

  She was appearing in front of me everywhere! In my Biology book, in the streets, in TV, in the cafe that I was with Zia, even at my grandparents’ house! It was as if my mind was projecting her image everywhere. I saw her in my dreams, too. Like, uncountable times. And- in my dreams- she wasn’t that cute and sweet as usually. Things have become rougher: kisses, hugs and similar stuff. I wake up really embarrassed with myself, but I can’t fight it. Instead of forgetting her, I’m falling more and more for her.

   Ivy…

  I heard the front door opening and intense chats. Byeol lifted his head and got up ready to run. I looked at him. Kwangyeon’s giggle was heard loudly. Byeol started barking like crazy and disappeared, running downstairs.

  I’m not dreaming… Led Apple is back!

   I followed Byeol’s route, in the same speed and mood.

  Yeah, here they are! My guys, my fellows, my best friends!

  «Guys…» I murmured and they looked at me a little surprised.

  «Byeol boy!» Youngjun waved happily and before we could think of it or say anything else, we all jumped on each other, our hugs open.

  «WOAHH» was heard from our mouths, as we were squeezing each other and stepping on each other, as we were moving without looking around us.

   «I missed you, guys…» I said, looking at them, as if I hadn’t seen them for years.

  «We missed you, too, Byuli hyung…» Kyumin said, giving me a last squeeze.

  «Had you forgotten that we were coming today?» Hyoseok put his tongue out.

 «No… Actually, I had lost completely the sense of time…» I rubbed my head intensely and awkwardly.

  Youngjun slapped my head, looking at me strictly.

  «You studied again THAT much? You’re unbelievable…!» he said firmly.

  Oh, I don’t care he’s mad at me! They are back! Our house is full of life again! I have my friend around me! I’m not alone anymoooooooore!~ ^O^

  I looked at Youngjun happily and he seemed surprised with that reaction of mine.

 «What’s with that look?» he asked with the same, serious, face.

 «You can’t imagine how happy I am to see you…» I whispered and Youngjun remained with a poker face for a few seconds, then smiled kindly.

  «We are, too. Even though, these guys here had a great time meeting girls and spending time with them…» he put his tongue out, Hyoseok and Kyumin protesting loudly.

 «Hyung is exaggerating! You know Ivy’s friend, Gae In-ah? Well, she’s a cute girl.» Kyumin hurried to say, not blushing at all.

  «A little silly, too.» I said, causing the maknae to throw me a cushion. «Hey, that’s what Ivy was telling me!» I protested.

  «She’s kind of waking up for sure… Ivy herself commented on this.» Youngjun moved his head and I my shoulders.

«What about Hyoseok then?» I asked patting his head.

 «Oh, I met the perfect girl! She likes both KPOP and Jrock! What could be better than this one? Ι mean, hyung, her phone is ringing with X-Japan!! And she’s gorgeous!» Hyoseok widened his eyes funnily.

 «Wow, little Hyoseok! That’s what I call good luck, boy.» I said happily.

 «Well that combination isn’t that weird if you think that she’s half- Japanese. Her name is Fumino!» Youngjun commented, jumping on the sofa.

 «Oh, that explains everything, I guess…» I smiled. «What about Hye Mi, Yeonnie?»

 «She’s a little down these days. I guess the whole excursion thing made her feel tired. She’s not a big fan of such ways of amusement. We’re usually doing quieter things, you know…» he rubbed his head awkwardly. «Anyway, she met Ivy and her friends, too, and they started talking a lot. I’m happy for this.» he grinned, jumping between Hyoseok and Youngjun, who is playing with his beloved Byeol.

 «She… she met Ivy?» I murmured.

 «Yes!» Kwangyeon smiled again, his turn to play with Byeol.

 «We all spent time with Ivy- sshi and her company.» Kyumin said seriously.

  What the…? Really?

 «And her company?!» I asked, not able to hide my surprise. «You, guys? All of you?»

 «Ne, hyung, all of us!» Hyoseok said simply.

 «H-h- how is that?» I mumbled.

 «She took the decision to introduce us to her other friends. They accepted us as Led Apple, a rock band that is going to play the music at the graduation ball.» Youngjun said, looking at me with a weird look.

  It is as if he’s telling me: «Look! Look what you are missing, by not being a normal 18-year-old guy!».

  Ugh… Why do I feel jealous again? >.<

  «I…I…»

  OK, I don’t know what I intended to say… :P

  «Ivy is fine. Her sprained ankle and her cold are much better now.» Youngjun went on.

  «Youngjun hyung was taking good care of her. More than her boyfriend did.» Kyumin said and his words cut my shaking heart in pieces.

 «What do you mean?» I managed to ask.

  Youngjun started laughing.

  «Man, you have to see your face!» he put his tongue out.

 «Wait, are you kidding?» I asked smiling, too.

  «No, but there’s no reason to be jealous, you idiot! Do you think that I could ever steal the girl you like?? I just spent a lot of time talking with her and watching her, as she was a little sick. We’re good friends, nothing more.» he moved his shoulders.

 «I know… UGH, I know! I’m sorry hyung!» I yelled, covering my face with my hands.

 «I asked her about you…» he let his voice go out.

  My heart just skipped a beat. Really.

  «And…?»

  «Nothing… She just seems… sad when she’s talking about you. She asked me, however, how you are doing. And warned me a thousand times not to bother you with your studying. Any of us.»

 

  WHAT?? REALLY???

 

  «Ch-ch-chinja?» I mumbled.

 «Ch-ch-chinja.» Youngjun teased me.

  «What could that mean?»

 «That she cares for you.» Hyoseok said.

 «As… as a friend?»

  «Who knows?» Kwangyeon moved his shoulders and disappeared upstairs.

  «What about you? How did you spend your days alone?» Kyumin asked.

  She seems sad when talking about me?? Why? Am I making her sad? That’s why she had excuses for not coming for a lesson either? What did I do???

  «BYULI HYUNG!» Kyumin yelled and I turned startled, looking at him with scared eyes.

  «… Mwo?»

 «Aigoo, I’m asking you how did you spend the days without us!» he rolled his eyes.

 «Ah… Ehm, I was…»

  No, I can’t and shouldn’t lie to them. I’ll share my true feelings.

 «I was in despair...» I smiled, not looking at them.

  «Mwo? Chinja?» Youngjun asked, obviously surprised.

  «Ne… At first (very- very first), I liked the silence. It was useful for my studying. But soon (yes, extremely soon!) I realised that I…»

  I felt a little awkward, but looked at them.

  «That I can’t live without you guys anymore.» I moved my shoulders, smiling shyly.

 Kwangyeon stopped his way down the stairs. Kyumin stopped playing with Byeol and Hyoseok with Youngjun stopped unpacking their stuff. Omo, they are all looking at me!

  «W-what? … I am too used to yo…» I was saying, when they all jumped again close to me and started again the squeezing session.

  «Can we promise that we will be forever friends?» Kwangyeon exclaimed.

  «Ne!» Kyumin, Hyoseok and I yelled together.

   We all looked at Youngjun. He had a serious expression on his thoughtful face. This guy’s face is always thoughtful.

 «Hyung is not of the same opinion…» Kyumin said seriously.

 «Aniyo… Are you serious? I love you guys very much… And if you can’t live without us all once, I can’t live without you guys ten times more. I might not be showing it… but I really care for you all a lot.» he slightly bowed his head and we hugged him.

  

  Youngjun isn’t usually expressing his thoughts, his inner world, not even to us, his friends and band- mates. It was a big thing for him to say these.

  

  «Guys… Beyond my conclusions about you… I also came to the conclusion that I can’t go on with this thing with Ivy not coming here. I’ll talk to her on Monday. I’ll ask her to come again for our lessons…» I blushed severely.

 «Oooooh, that’s interesting…» Hyoseok started the teasing first.

 «Someone must have been watching too many dreams…» Youngjun put his tongue out.

«MWO? How do you know that?» I yelled.

 «It was just random guessing…» he started laughing hardly.

 «Omo, this is so embarrassing!» I hid my face and they all joined the laughing.

 «C’mon, you should try! Less hours of lesson than previously, it’s simple.» Kyumin tried to encourage me.

 «But Youngjun said that she’s sad whenever she was talking about me… What if I have done something and I haven’t realised it?» I whined.

 «Ugh… I don’t know… Just push your luck!» Youngjun moved his shoulders, after thinking of it for a while.  «You have to try talking to her, anyway. She seems a little confused, sad and…»

 «And what?» I asked in great hurry.

  «Nothing. Ah… I don’t know what I was thinking…» he rubbed his head awkwardly, without looking at me, and grabbed his things, heading upstairs.

  He surely wanted to say something.  Did anything else happened in that damn camp? :/

 

 

 

 

 

   Ivy’s POV

 

 

 The weekend that passed after the excursion was refreshing. My cold vanished and my sprained ankle is in a much better condition.

   The thought of my meeting with Bang Yong Guk is giving me still goose bumps… I still can’t believe it! And he has my number… OMO!!

  Because of all the above reasons I woke up pretty light today. Even though I have to go to school, after 5 days of break, I’m not feeling down at all. Instead… I’m even waiting to see Hanbyul. Now that Led Apple met my idiot company… Rome and Hannah might, might stop suspecting me for any in their head…

  I might even suggest to Hanbyul to start our lessons again.

  I… I kind of missed him a lot. I saw him in my dreams, not only that night during the excursion, but… this weekend, too. He was so sweet and kind… Yeah, I know… As always.  But in my dreams… he was a little more courageous and rough. He kissed me once, twice…

  Omo, I blushed only by thinking of it.

  If you were meeting last year’s Ivy, well… She wouldn’t dare to even think of a guy like Hanbyul. But this year’s Ivy is a little different because of him… Life can be really weird.

   Could it be that I like him so much…?

  Naaah… It must be a rapid crush… Because I was spending a lot of time with him.

  Am I ready to go back to that situation?

  Ugh, I think I am! Anyway, Hanbyul is a friend, too. And that’s another reason I miss him…

   I brushed my hair really hard and it started being fussy again…

  «What are you doing, idiot?» I murmured to  myself and tied them up on my usual, long pony tail.

  In this way it won’t look ridiculous or like an afro- head.

  I have to be pretty for re-approaching Hanbyul today… I want to be pretty for him.

  Na-ah. Here we go again.

  I have to stop exposing myself.

  To myself.

  And you guys.

--

 

 

 

 

 Gae In was waiting for me outside school as usually. From now on Fumi will be with her. With us in general. We’re kind of friends after the excursion.

  Where the hell is Hannah?

 «Good morning girls!» I hugged them both. «Where’s Hannah?»

  «Good morning, onnie! Well, the truth is that we didn’t actually see her. She might came earlier.» Gae In moved her shoulders.

 «Or she’s not coming at all…» Fumi chuckled and I joined her.

 I know she doesn’t like Hannah at all. And I can feel her fully.

 «I didn’t see Rome either… I had warned him not to come by and bring me here, but he is usually waiting for me.» I scratched my head.

 «We didn’t see him either.» Fumi frowned and we started moving.

    Children were standing in front of the walls, as if they were reading something on them.

  Weird…

  «What is everybody doing?» Fumi tried to look over the other people’s heads.

  «I don’t really know…» Gae In did the same.

    I don’t know why I started feeling uncomfortable… Maybe these kids that stared at me and then started laughing are to blame. Or these girls that looked at me with disappointment.

  What the hell is going on?

  I started moving faster than my two friends. I am almost running towards our spot of famous  students. I think I can hear Gae In’s and Fumi’s footsteps behind me.

  I saw Rome, Hannah and the rest of the gang gathered there… They were holding something and looking at it intensely.

  I ran like crazy the last meters that were keeping as separate… Rome lifted his eyes and looked at me in a way that I hadn’t ever seen before.

  God, he’s angry. What is happening?? :O

   He pushed the others behind him and grabbed my arm so tightly that he hurt me.

 «Ouch!» I yelled and tried to free myself. «What the hell are you doing?» I pulled my arm again.

  He doesn’t let go of me!

  «You tell me what the hell is going on, OK?» he pushed me backwards powerfully and threw a piece of paper in my face.

  WHAT IS GOING ON???

  My hands shaking, I lifted the paper from the floor and looked at it.

 

 

  …

 

 

  Oh my GOD! Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God~

  This can’t be true… My whole school life is collapsing!

  Ugh, I don’t feel very well…

  This paper… it has a stupidly taken photo of me and Hanbyul… That day we bought the books for our studying…. That day we bumped on each other and he hugged me for the first or second time… That’s actually the caption… And then… the photo of me… helping him when he got beaten by these bullies… It was the same day… Someone was watching us that day…

   At the end of this «beautiful» thing it says: «Here’s your favorite, school princess, hanging out (or maybe something more?) with your pitiful, school’s nerd. Do you still consider her an impeccable princess?»

  

 

 

  Who… who did this??

 

  My eyes are full of tears already.

  Who on this ing earth did it?

 

  I looked at Rome, then at Hannah and then T.K and the rest of the company.  They are looking at me with mixed feelings; Rome with anger, Hannah with irony and a kind of satisfaction, T.K with disappointment and the rest of the other with a mixed disappointment and curiosity.

  «I… I can.. explain…» I mumbled, feeling my heart shaking with an unknown fear and embarrassment.

  «WHAT?? WHAT CAN YOU EXPLAIN??? Hugging another guy? And ruining our perfect image by hugging this particular guy, who is actually a lame nerd?» Rome literally barked, causing my tears to run naturally on my cheeks.

 «I…»

  «You and the nerd, huh? I’m not very surprised…» Hannah raised her eyebrow with more irony than before.

  I turned, pleading for help, to Gae In and Fumi. Gae In seemed shocked. But Fumi hugged me.

 «Stop this! Can’t you see that you’re making her cry??» she yelled to both of them.

 «I just want an explanation!» Rome yelled again, causing me to shrugge in Fumi’s hug more.

 «Let her give it to you!» Fumi literally screamed.

  Rome crossed his arms on his chest, waiting for my explanation.

  This moment… I’m so confused and scared and in panic, that I can’t actually form words. How am I even explaining this to Rome and Hannah and EVERYONE?

  Because everyone is looking at this damn paper. It’s stuck on every wall of this building. Someone came early in school to do this and only.

  I made the hard decision to look at Rome and the others. Their straight faces make my apology even more difficult.

  «I… I CAN’T!»  I shouted, covering my face with my hands and started running like crazy.

  I pushed, stepped and annoyed many people. They were looking at me with such a disappointed look. Especially the younger students… Disappointed and mocking.

  How on earth things turned out like this? HOW?

  Where should I lock myself? In the girls’ bathroom? No…

  I headed rapidly for the library and got in, without anyone being around or following me. The librarian hasn’t arrived yet, anyway.

  I locked the door behind me and let myself slip downwards on the door.

  I feel . I feel like what I’ve been building these years is being knocked down by someone’s mean feelings to me…

  Who did this?  Could it be…?

  It can only be Hyoseon and Haneul… Hyoseon had realised many things about me and Hanbyul and she hates me. Haneul hates me, too. But why? Why now? We haven’t been bothering each other for a long time now…

 God, what am I going to do?

    I kept on crying. I can’t even get out of the school without going through these looks and these damn papers again! What am I going to do?

 

  I heard a slight knock on the door.

 

  I reacted like a cat being on- guard.

 

  I looked carefully through the small glass part of the door.

 

  And I saw the person that I only wanted to see, waving cutely at me.

 

  I unlocked the door and he stepped in with hesitance.

 

  However, I couldn’t bear that feeling that was choking me and I immediately fell in his hug, my tearful face buried in his chest. My hands are clenching the back of his jacket tightly. I’m literally stuck on him.

  But that’s what I need now.

 

  He, with a gentle move, pushed the door behind him and locked the door again. He then hugged me tightly and bowed his head, resting it on my shoulder.

 

  Thank you. Thank you for being here with me.

 

 

 

 

   Hanbyul’s POV

 

 

  OK, what I saw when I entered the school is unbelievable! Who did stuck mine and Ivy’s photos all around the school, huh? Saying that we two have something more than just hanging out? Who on earth did betray Ivy’s secret and is purposely embarrassing her to the whole school?

  I don’t consider myself so embarrassing for someone else, but I know how the people of this school are thinking. And the princess can’t hang out with the frog. Not even talk to him. Because she’s then less princess. And less ideal for each loser of this damn , named school.

  Has Ivy seen this? She must have died from the shock… Omo, I’m so worried over her… What to do now?

  I started tearing off most of the papers that were in front of me. But that’s no use. The whole school has seen it already!

  Two younger students approached me and pushed me.

  «Don’t hide the evidence of Ivy noona’s embarrassment!» the one said.

  «I’ll do what I wanna do, OK?» I said firmly.

 «Huh… she’s your girl, isn’t she? The loser dragged to his level the princess and made her a loser, too.» the other said and I frowned frighteningly.

 «I’m just tutoring her!» I yelled.

 I don’t know if I should say this, but I think it’s preferable than people thinking that me and her are dating. I think.

 «Yeah, sure.» they gasped with irony and left.

   OMG, what is going on in here?

  Could it be that Hyoseon did this? Yeah… why not? She’s the most suspicious one!

  Led Apple discreetly approached me and pretended to be reading the paper.

 «How did that happen?» Hyoseok asked, in a way that the others couldn’t realise that he is actually talking to me.

  «I don’t know, Hyoseok. I don’t know!» I said through gritted teeth.

   «You know, I might have an idea…» Youngjun was saying, when I noticed someone running in the halls.

  Everyone moved away, so I realised it was Ivy. And she was crying.

  A lot.

  I heard teasing words as she passed by, by almost every student in the hall.

 «Poor Ivy. She must have lost her mind with these…» Kwangyeon said really sadly.

 «Maybe we should go and talk to her.» Kyumin said and was about to move, but I held him back.

 «No. I’m going. You’ll see her later on.» I said with determination and ran behind her, ignoring the teasing comments that came for me this time.

  I know where you are going Ivy. To a place that none would think to search you, the princess of this school.

   I stopped outside the library’s door and slightly knocked on it.

  After a few seconds, I saw Ivy’s tearful head looking through the glass of the door. I waved with a sad smile on my lips.

  I heard the door unlocking and as soon as she opened it, I walked in with unsure steps.

 

 She might be hating me right now. She might even slap me. But it’s not my fault.

 

 Suddenly, she simply hugged me. But so tightly… She never did that before.

 

  I can feel her head on my chest, almost painfully buried in it, with her tears making my shirt wet. Her hands are clenching the back of my jacket so tightly, that I can feel her nails on my back literally.

 

  I didn’t expect that reaction. But I’m relieved that it turned out at least like this.

 

  I pushed the door behind me and locked it again. I then hugged her with all my strength to comfort her.

 

  My head- on his own really- dropped low, on her shoulder.

 

  She’s still crying.

 

  My one hand around her waist, the other one behind her head, I simply don’t want to leave her.

 

 The girl that I love is sad. And is sad partially because of me.

 

 «We’ll fix this, Ivy. I swear, we will.» I whispered in her ear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  From misschoi: Hi guys! Sorry for being late again~ This update was pretty important however, so I wanted it to be really good. Hope you all liked. Thank you for your support and subscriptions! Your comments are always welcomed! Take care til next time!! ^^