Maybe it wasn't meant...

"Byeol" means star

Ivy’s POV

 I don’t usually pay attention to Mr. Mitchell, our English teacher, and this time isn’t actually an exception. But- to be sincere- I am doing something different than the other times (not fixing nails or hair! XD); I’m finishing writting the text for the subject of the last year’s competition (yeap, the one that I’m participating, too…). I have to show it to Hanbyul tonight, but, last night, I confess that I wasted my time painting my nails with Gae In and Hannah… It wasn’t my fault! It was a brandnew nail polish…

  I really wonder if he is going to make out my hand- writing; It seems like a monkey grabbed my pen and took my place in front of the paper, because I don’t usually monkey- write. Really! I’m a fair lady; my handwriting  couldn’t be less elegant, right?

   The truth is that I’m doing it on purpose; I’m writing this way to avoid the curious looks of my potential viewers. If someone sees that, they will probably think that I’m just spending my time somehow during the boring lesson or making notes for the ball.

  ~Done. What a hideous thing! (I have even drawn some ty heart shapes and starts to make it even more «innocent»… Ugh, Hanbyul’s going to kill me!)

  I slightly patted his shoulder- in front of me- and waited until he discreetly extended his hand and I passed him the two pieces of paper. I saw him bowing a little to look at it and I think he hardly held in a giggle. His biology notebook, which has ended up a notebook for the secret communication of ours in class, was gently pushed on my desk.

  «Am I supposed to read THAT thing?» I read on the open page and smiled.

 «Oh yeap :P» I wrote quickly and pushed it forward again.

 «You will have to wait ‘til tonight… I have no time right now for you! :P»

 «Tonight? Hmmm… that sounds like a date to me.»

  I heard a giggle through Hanbyul’s lips.

 «Date? You can call it so, if you want to.»

  I blushed and drew a merhong face.

 

 It’s been three months we’re doing these «lessons» together; we actually started in January and it’s now April. The cold, grey and disheartening winter has been slowly giving its place to a warm, colorful and welcoming spring. The weird thing is that- during these three months- the spring hasn’t blossomed only all around us, but in my heart and daily life, too.

  Hanbyul looked at my drawing and closed the notebook, reassuring that our teacher isn’t looking at us. He then turned and looked at e with a weird smirk, winking; behind his glasses… I saw this… «spark». I like this mysterious spark. It’s not an average nerd’s look. There’s something else in there, too. And I like it. Pretty much.

    I blushed for one more time and- after checking my classmates (they are all big sleepers, really XD)- I patted his head.

  OK, let’s stop it now. I mean NOW.

 

 

 ~In my head, Taeyang’s «Take it Slow» has been playing in repeat since yesterday, when Hannah Youtubed it. I think it became louder after Hanbyul’s look. But it shouldn’t. That’s a romantic song! And I don’t think that this thing between us two has anything romantic.

  

 

 Yet, maybe.

 

 Noooo, I didn’t have to say that!

  However, I’ll be sincere with you guys and I’m going to admit that I’ve realised that Hanbyul likes me. You know, blushing every time I’m talking to him, mumbling cutely, his friends laughing all the time he’s in this condition and- most of all- doing so many things for me and protecting me in any way he can. I mean, it’s obvious and I can feel it.

  But it doesn’t bother me. Instead, it makes me feel really… really good.

  I pretend, however, that I haven’t realised anything. Even though, Youngjun is giving me some looks as if we both know something.

   Youngjun… Ah, Youngjun and the rest of the boys…. They always are giving such a warm feeling when they are around me. It has ended up that I was mistaken for some of them, apart from Youngjun and Kyumin. Well, Kwangyeon may be kidding many times, but he can be really quiet when he is concentrating and especially when he’s working with Youngjun. These two are preparing their sheets of music and then tuning together their guitars, nodding their heads if they agree or disagree. And their co-operation is so smooth, really. As for Hyoseok… OMO. He’s indeed a quiet creature when he isn’t familiar with someone or something, but- after getting to know them- there are many times that he’s acting really silly and childish, along with Kyumin. These two are like two little babies that are a little noisy and clumsy and love playing tricks to each other.

  But, it’s more than OK~ It’s funny!

  Youngjun is indeed the master of their household. He’s the most serious one (even though everyone would expect Hanbyul to be) and is really caring for all of them. He’s advising them, scolding them every now and then, but praising them for all their good efforts, too. And… when the mood is pretty light, he is being childish and funny, too. He’s such an intriguing and talented person!

  This company is usually making my day; however tensed or tired I may be, they always manage to make me smile and forget all the tiredness that is bothering me. I mean, for example, last week, I was waiting for Hanbyul to finish some notes he was making for me, and I was hanging out with the others in the living room.  Youngjun was preparing some music sheets again, but as he was playing the notes on his guitar he left his pen somewhere and went on with his inspiration.  So, half an hour went like that and suddenly Youngjun started looking around him. Hyoseok was oberving him for around a minute, until Youngjun said: «Why can’t I see the pen?»

  Hyoseok, with his usual innocent and cute face, no other feeling on it, moved his shoulders:

 «Because it’s right in front of you.»

 Youngjun looked as if he was watching the Apocalypse and remained for a couple of seconds with his mouth half-opened. He grabbed it quickly, but didn’t get saved from a big teasing laughter from the others, which even he- himself- joined after a few seconds.

  This may sound like nothing serious to you, but as for me… it makes me feel like family. Really- really.

   Lost in my thoughts as I was, the bell ringing caught me off-guard, so I jumped a little, holding the place of my heart. These simple moments with these boys have ended up meaning  many things to me~

   I got up and quickly caressed Hanbyul’s back as I passed behind him. I didn’t turn to look at his reaction; our sleepy classmates started waking up so it could be pretty dangerous for suspicious movements to be observed by them.

  Wooo~ I feel really light now, that I finished my text.

  I fixed my hair a little and straightened my skirt; a funny gasp was heard from behind me… Ugh, younger boys are easily impressed…

   Hannah and Gae In waved towards me from a far and I made my steps quicker to join them. Hannah’s nails are twinkling under the sun light that comes from the window; she picked the right color last night… >.< (Actually the one that I intended to use…) From her expression, it’s obvious that she feels really confident with her small «make over». However, I feel confident, too, after finishing my homework and still being able to look princess- like as always. Soooo, move off Hannah!

   «Hi there~» she kissed my cheeks, while Gae In shrugged next to me, seeking, as usually my protection.

 «Hi girls! Nice nails, Hannah…» I pointed and she moved her head, as if she was sure about it.

 «Today, we have dance club, don’t we, president?» Gae In smiled.

 «Yeah, that’s right. I’m also presenting you the theme of the graduation ball; it’s really cool…»

 «Wow, I can’t wait!» she clapped and started drinking her orange juice.

   Throughout these months, she has lost weight, so you can call her normal right now. The story with T.K cost her a lot and I convinced her to make steps to change. Oh yes, she’s much better now. But Minwoo doesn’t seem affected by that fact; at least, he isn’t teasing her anymore. And Gae In… I think she has started getting over him. (By the way, her new haircut is daebak~)

   «We have to finish the choreography for the end of the year, right?» Hannah asked, still looking at her nails.

  «Yeah…» I gulped, frowning a little.

  «What, haven’t you thought of any moves?» she raised an eyebrow.

  No, I haven’t, you little ! Grrrr~

 «No, but don’t ask me like that, Hannah. It’s not only MINE responsibility. Every member owes to participate in that part.»

   Hannah puffed, but Gae In nodded, confirming my words.

  «I have thought of a couple of moves actually.» she added and I patted her head, with a calm smile.

  No, Hannah, I’m not letting you ruin my nerves!

  «Yo, girls.»

  That thin, a little rough voice, is Ray’s. We waved at him at the same time and Hannah jumped in his hug. He gave the hug back, but his face isn’t as happy and delighted as it used to be the first days.

«Hi oppa!» she exclaimed.

«Everyone is commenting on your looks today, girls. I can hear the whispers…» Ray smirked and made his voice low, like a whisper.

 «For what?» Gae In widened her eyes.

 Ray laughed with kindness.

 «Because you’re very pretty.» he moved his shoulders. «Even though I think that you’re used to it…» he bent a little and whispered in my ear, making me smile with even more confidence.

 «It was something expected, wasn’t it?» Hannah commented with boredom.

 «Nice hair, Gae In-ah» Ray pointed with an almost dance move at Gae In’s hair.

 «T-thank you, Ray oppa.» she blushed, her whole face red, and bowed her head a little.

 Hannah frowned and pushed slightly Ray.

 «What about my nails, oppa?» she moved her fingers.

   I puffed; jealousyyyy…!

    From the end of the hall, Youngjun, Kwangyeon, Hyoseok and Kyumin appeared, the first two of them caring- as usually- their guitars, while the other two are holding uncountable music sheets.

   Their four couples of eyes turned to look at me with warmness. I didn’t manage to hide my widest smile, which I received back four times, from these smiley faces. Even Youngjun seems pretty excited.

      They were walking quickly, but casually. Suddenly, Kyumin had the finest of the ideas to start moving his body to the rhythm of the melody he was murmuring. With an abrupt (and really bad) move his pushed, even though gently, Hyoseok. As a result, all the music sheets that Hyoseok was holding flew in the air for a while and then got scattered on the floor, all in front of them. Hyoseok remained with his hands in the same position, as when he was holding the papers and looked at the mess, while Kyumin smiled with guiltiness.  Youngjun puffed and Kwangyeon patted Hyoseok’s head, after slapping Kyumin’s back of his neck. I hurried- what a stupidity probably- to help them, as they were bending down to collect their papers.

  «Omo, what a mess, guys…» I giggled and they joined me.

  «You know that these two are the masters of mess…» Youngjun whispered and winked.

  «I feel ridiculous, because of you!» Hyoseok whispered intensely to Kyumin and hit him with the sheets he had collected on the head.

 «No worries, the hall isn’t that crowded.» I patted his head and winked towards Kyumin. «You look excited boys. (At least, before that incident.. :P) Did anything interesting happen…?»

 I realised that Gae In is next to me, collecting papers, too.

 Should I panic?

  I guess, no. She might not even have realised that I was talking too warmly with the boys.

  «Actually, we were picked by Mr. Yang to play music live during the graduation ball! Isn’t it daebak??» Kyumin smiled with excitement.

  (Mr. Yang is our Music Teacher.)

  «Wow! Chukhamnida, boys! That’s amazing! So, you are finally forming some kind of group, aren’t you??» I whispered with a husky/ excited voice.

   They looked at each other with wondering eyes, these looks ending up on Youngjun. He thought for literally two seconds and smiled, nodding towards me.

 «Yeah… kind of. You know, we have been thinking of it for a long time, but, now, I think that it’s the very best timing, huh?»

 «Wow! So, how are you going to name it?»

 «Led… Led Apple.» Kwangyeon said and blushed a little.

 Interesting! I guess, it has to do with Led Zeppelin, who- as far as I know- boys love.

 «That’s an interesting name, guys! I think that it’s obvious that it was inspired by you, the rockers!» I exclaimed and clapped, after giving them the last papers that I collected from the floor.

 They seemed excited by my comments and smiled generously. I heard Gae In coughing a little, so that kind of woke me up.

 «Guys, that’s one of my good friends, Gae In. Gae In, these are four amazing musicians, four talented boys: Youngjun, Kwangyeon, Hyoseok and Kyumin~»

  They all bowed and Gae In waved, smiling and blushing.

  «You guys are so tall!» she exclaimed and they laughed.

  «Gamsahamnida, Gae In-ah. And you have nice hair.» Kyumin said and winked.

  «Nice to meet you, Gae In-ah. See you later, Ivy; we have to practice. Even more now!» Youngjun waved quickly, winking and they all left.

  Cupcakes~

  When I turned to Gae In, she was all red and had a silly smile on her lips. I moved my hand in front of her face.

  «Hey! Wake up!» I yelled and she moved, as if waking up right now.

  «Ah, mihanne onnie! I just…. You know, too many compliments today…» she rubbed the back of her head and I laughed and patted her head.

  «No worries, they are really good lads, chinja.»

  Oops~ I said that too loud.

  And- in the meanwhile- the rest of the gang had joined Ray and Hannah. So, here’s a Rome, a Ray and a Hannah looking at me suspiciously.

 «How do you know it?» Rome raised an eyebrow.

  «To know what?» I asked bitterly.

  Yes, our relationship has returned back to its bitter version. And, yes, I chose it. You see, I haven’t done so far what he has been asking me for three months now; instead, I become colder and colder, as he keeps on insisting on it. I guess, he is being constantly pressed by his friends. And he can’t tell them that we haven’t done anything, so he keeps on lying. Ray moved on to the… «next step» with Hannah two months ago and- from what Rome told me- he was bragging all the time. The same was doing Hannah, too, so I’m sure that Rome was telling me the truth about it.

  But I’m not ready… I’m sure that I’m not ready. Because… you know, I don’t have the necessary feeling for him to do this. Anyway, we have returned to the days just like before I started doing lessons with Hanbyul. So, there’s no danger about our… «image».

  «That they are… good lads ?» he insisted.

    … , , !

 «It happens to have exchanged some words with them… You know, every now and then… They are really talented musicians!» I moved my shoulders.

 «Only in school?»

 «Aish, it’s none of your business what I…»

 «No, no Rome oppa. Not only in school! We had seen her- me and Gae In- outside a market with one of them!» Hannah widened her eyes, as if remembering an important evidence of my guilt.

 «MUEOS??» Rome turned to me and I became pale.

 Let’s say… let’s say the same excuse that we had used for Hannah and Gae In, Ivy! Which was…?

  , Hannah, you’re going to pay for not keeping your mouth shut!

 «I wasn’t with him, you idiot! Don’t you remember that I was waiting for my brother out there? I met Hyoseok by chance there and we said a couple of words, because he was waiting his friends, too.  Am I not allowed to talk to other people apart from you all? And- anyway- that happened three months ago! Three months, damn it!» I shouted, feeling my cheeks burning.

 Rome puffed and nodded.

 «Arasso. Just be always careful for our image, right?»

 «Yes, yes, YES!» I lifted my hands up and yelled again. «And Hannah, don’t you dare say things about me, without knowing first, got it??» I narrowed her with my eyes and she- tightening her lips- slowly nodded.

  What the hell is she trying to do?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Hanbyul’s POV

  She’s a really funny girl, isn’t she?

  I mean, look at the text she gave me. It seems to have been written by a hen, not a human! However, I still can read it. I’ve got used to her hand-writing with all its different versions.

  She’s a funny and happy girl. And that’s why I like her so much.

 

  It’s been three months we started our lessons. Three months that we talk as if we are good friends and not just simple classmates. I think that these were the very best three months of my life. They included everything: studying, music, Led Apple and Ivy. However, I have to admit that I feel really tired. There are some moments that I simply want to sleep and do nothing else. But unfortunately I can’t; I don’t have time. I wish the day had more than 24 hours, so I could manage to do everything with more calmness.

   It feels unique to wake up and have a different reason to get up from the bed, apart from the previous, which was studying to get to the University of Dentistry. I wake up full of happiness because I’m going to see her. And talk with her. And laugh with her. Or simply be around her.

   Aah, she’s so pretty and sweet. And kind. And smart. And…

  «Mr. Jang?»

  I turned to see our mathematics teacher, standing next to me.

  Unfortunately, he isn’t alone. Hyoseon is with him.

  Of all people in this building, why should it be Hyoseon? WHY?

  She hadn’t bothered me for a long time now.

  «Seongsaengnim? What… what can I do for you?» I gulped.

  «Hyoseon is feeling weak in Maths. She asked for my help, but the coincidence isn’t good; I have to check the tests of the fourth class. So, I tought that you may could do that for me…?»

  Aniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~

 «But, seongsaengnim, you… you know that I’m really busy with my studying… don’t you?» I searched for my last hope.

  «I do know that very well, Mr. Jang. But I know that you’re also an eager and helpful person, right?»

  OK, I give up.

  «Arasso, seongsaengnim.» I simply bowed.

  Hyoseon pulled a chair- what a coincidence, it’s Ivy’s chair- and sat next to me, as our seongsaengnim left the class.

  «Oppaaa, thank you for helping me. I can’t understand that problem in any way!» she started her kitty-like/ disgusting behavour.

  «I thought that you were good enough in every subject… How’s it and you can’t solve that problem? I consider it as one of the simplest, right?» I raised an eyebrow.

  She seemed nervous with my question, but she simply coughed a little and moved her shoulders.

 «Aish, I don’t know oppa! I just can’t solve it~»

 «OK, let’s start, to finish as quickly as possible… I’m busy, you know.»

   I explained the things as simply as I could and -as it was expected- Hyoseon did everything I told her quickly and easily. It’s so obvious that she doesn’t really need my help… Should I worry?

  «Oppa, it was easier than I expected! You’re so smart and I can be so stupid sometimes…» she hid shyly.

   «C’mon, anyone could get confused every now and then.» I murmured and closed her book.

  «And how can I thank you then, oppa?» she asked, her eyes half-closed and her voice husky, in a way that wasn’t well- promising at all.

 «N- no need for this, you saw it… It was nothing for both of you and me…»

 Her eyes became ever more sly. OMOOO.

 «Oh, yeap, you and me… What do you think about that, oppa?» she whispered and came closer to me.

  UGH, she’s too close to me. TOO CLOSE.

 «I.. I don’t think that this is very… comfortable…» I mumbled and felt sweating.

 «Kiss me oppa…» she said and did an abrupt move forward.

  OK, I didn’t manage to hold myself back; I pushed her with all my strength and got up from my chair.

 «Hyoseon! Are you crazy? What are you doing?» I shouted and she seemed taken aback.

 «I was about to kiss you…»

 «And that’s normal? I DON’T LIKE YOU! I’m not interested in any girl right now, you get it?? My studies are my priority!»

  She was about to say something again, but I didn’t let her.

 «Have you ever seen me with any other person around me? Haven’ t you understood that my only interest is to get in Dentistry?» I shouted again and she crossed her arms on her chest.

  «So, why is Ivy supporting you all the time? Why is she around you more than she used to be at the beginning of the year or the previous years you’re here? A girl like her wouldn’t talk easily to a guy like you, huh? She is even sitting behind you!»

  She has been watching our moves! I knew she was the one to have caused problem to me, by telling Rome her suspicions… Aigoo, here comes trouble.

  «It’s none of your business, but I have to remind you that someone would sit behind me or in front of me; it happened to be Ivy-sshi. As for the reason of her support, I’ll tell you one thing: how should I know?? I didn’t know that it’s bad to have someone to justify me, too… And- anyway- you’re right; a girl like her would never look at a guy like me. Now, please go and don’t bother me again. I have to study.» I pushed my glassed back on my nose and breathed slowly.

  Hyoseon looked at me with eyes that couldn’t be explained, at least by me. She frowned really intensely, grabbed her book and notebook and left.

  Did I do everything ty? My hands are still shaking from my nerves… I’m so mad right now! Let’s see if anything else is going to be added in  the list of things that are putting pressure on me…

  Is she going to spread her suspicions around the whole school? Ivy… Ivy would be in despair then… :/

 

 

 

 

 

 Ivy’s POV

  Girls’ dance club.   And, yeap, I’m bored.

  But I’m still mad at Hannah.  Is she trying to cause problems to me and Rome? Mostly to me??

  But, why?

  We have all sweated, practicing most of our choreography multiple times. I feel disgusting, but Rome has always been telling me that I look y when I dance (even though sweated) so, I guess, it’s OK. Every girl looks like this in here, anyway.

 «So, any ideas for the last part of the choreography and the end of it?» I shouted, but the girls didn’t answer.

 «C’mon girls, it’s the most important thing we will be doing after I became president of the club, right? Think a little!» I clapped intensely.

   Gae In made a shy step forward and lifted her hand.

  «Yes, Gae In-ah?»

  «I have some ideas… Can I show you girls?»

   I nodded smiling and Gae In walked in the centre of the room and started explaining her idea; it’s a pretty good one. After Gae In gained confidence, she is much more outgoing and she proves that she smarter than anyone could think… I’m really happy for her.

   Hope that this isn’t taking too long, because tonight I’m going to Hanbyul. It’s the… «date», remember? Kekeke, it’s also Friday, so I can stay more! Yay!~

  «OK, Gae In-ah, that’s a very good idea, so- since there no other suggestions- we’re going to try it! C’mon everybody, form up! And, Hannah, go at the back of our team. We need someone experienced to have the things under control there…» I said with a poker-face and she frowned, looking at me with an anger mixed with surprise.

  Sorry, but that was paying back time. She has to remember that I can be a little y every now and then. And that happens when I’m mad.

 

 

 

 

 

  1 hour later

  «We’re close to finish it, girls! Good job for today! Next time, I’m sure we will have it ready. Go to rest now and don’t forget to always be fabulous girls! See ya!» I waved to all of them and discharged them.

  The place became empty in a couple of minutes and I headed for my bad and mobile, which were piled with Hannah’s and Gae In’s on the corner of the room. They both followed me.

  «Phew, a tiring day is over!» Gae In whipped the sweat from her forehead.

  «Oh, yeap! What are you going to do tonight, Ivy?»

  Hannah looked at me weirdly.

 «Nothing. I feel quite tired. I’ll be home to have a warm bath and watch Mnet. It has my favorite show tonight… What about you?» I pretended to be careless.

 «Don’t know, really. I haven’t talked with Ray.» Hannah murmured,  moving her shoulders.

   Do as you wish, you babo girl…

   «Let’s go, Rome will be waiting for you.» Gae In smiled and pulled my hand.

  «I’m not leaving with Rome; I’ll go on foot for a change…» I answered and they both gasped a little.

  «Is everything OK with him and you?»

  «No worries, Gae In. Just because he isn’t passing by, that doesn’t mean we have problems.

  «Hope so…» Hannah commented again, without looking at me.

  I won’t say anything on that. Chinja.

  We walked in the hall and turned the lights off in our practicing room.

  I made my steps quicker; I have something really pleasant to catch up.

  On our way out, we bumped on two other girls, that were coming towards our direction. It’s Haneul and her best friend, In Hee.

   Haneul… Ugh. I don’t know how it happened and I haven’t talked to you about her. If anywhere there’s a princess (that’s me), there’s another person that always wants to take her place, well, that person is definitely Haneul and has always been. She was even in the dance club, but I took care of her and she got shooed, because of really bad behavior. She was always bossy and rude to anyone; I couldn’t let her be like this.

   She’s wearing too much make- up and looking at us, as if she’s the queen of the world. And… next to her is standing… Hyoseon!  What is she doing with Haneul??

   «Hi… girls.» Haneul raised her eyebrows ironically.

    We didn’t answer and were about to move on, but she grabbed my arm.

 «We want to join the dance club again.» she said, clearly provokingly.

 «Mueos?» I asked, trying to remain calm.

 «We want to join the dance club. And the headmaster has no problem with it.»

 What. The. Hell. Is. Going. On?

 «We can’t accept you for multiple reasons, but the main one is that we’re almost in the end of the school year. The choreography is almost done. There’s no point for new members to be accepted. And, what is more, the persons that we accept have at least one thing to offer in our team and work. You two, you are just two zeros; zero plus zero gives zero again, right?” I said, without almost breathing in between. «I’ll talk to the headmaster and I’m sure he’ll confirm that you two will never be accepted to the dance club. You- the doll without brain- and  you- the fake nerd. You make wanna puke.» I murmured, boiling with rage.

  «Nerds make you wanna puke? So, why do you talk to Hanbyul?»  Hyoseon said and looked at me, as if she was taking back every bad word I had ever told her.

  «It’s none of your business! Get it? And if you have visions it’s your own problem, not mine!» I screamed and moved on, pulling Hannah and Gae In from their hands.

  «So, you don’t mind if I tell you that we almost kissed?» Hyoseon screamed back and I probably became pale, but went on.

  Outside the place, I simply want to run as fast as I can and away from all this nonsense.

  «Ugh, I hope they didn’ t follow us here…» Gae In said and grabbed my arm.

  «Why did the nerd talk about the other nerd? I mean, why did she ask particularly you and for this particular nerd? The ultimate nerd actually.» Hannah became all suspicious again.

  «I don’t know Hannah; how should I know? You know she’s crazy and always seeking for something to make herself diva- just like we are. She now invented that to make me feel embarrassed or to make everyone believe that I’m hanging out with the n…»

 No, I can’t call him «the nerd». I simply can’t.

  «With Hanbyul.»

  Hannah looked at me again.

  «And why should you care if they almost kissed?»

  Grrrr~ I’m gonna scream again, really!

 «Don’t you remember that I had helped him once, when Hyoseon was all around him, bothering him? She probably thought that I… care about him or something…» I said, but feeling my cheeks burning.

  They both started laughing; thank God! Thank God!

  «They look good together, anyway. They’re both nerds, right?» Hannah said with silliness.

  «Hanbyul isn’t a disgusting person. In contrast with Hyoseon, who is the sliest person in this place! She is.. she is…»

  Man, I’m boiling.

 «Do you really know that he isn’t?» Hannah insisted.

 «He has such a gentle soul. He could never match with that hideous worm!»

  OK, maybe I said too much about Hanbyul…. Ooops~

 «It’s none of our business, is it?» Hannah added with a poker face.

 «You have realised those things only by sitting behind him? Wow, onnie, you’re amazing!» Gae In clapped and I patted her head.

 I moved to the direction for the boys’ house, but Hannah yelled:

 «Isn’t your house to the opposite direction?»

  THINK OF SOMETHING NOW!!

  «I’m going to the market first, to buy my dad’s toothpaste. Wanna come?» I asked, waiting for the definite negative answer.

   Thankfully, I was right.

--

 

 

 

 

  I rang the bell of the boys’ house feeling still pretty upset with everything that took place today at school. I looked around me, with the fear that someone may have followed me up to here and when Kyumin opened the door to me, I literally jumped inside, as if being chased.

  «Hi there, pretty one!» Kyumin hugged me and I did the same, pushing the door behind me quickly. «Is everything alright? You seem worried.»

  «I had a really difficult day… Ugh, a nightmare!» I puffed and moved in the living room, after leaving my shoes next to the door. A keyboard is set, in front of the TV and Kwangyeon is again with his bass in his hug, looking at music sheets.

  «Ivy! Hi!!» he exclaimed and smiled cutely, his eyes becoming two happy, dark lines.

  «Hi, Kwangyeonnie!» I rubbed his head. «Practice again?»

  «Ne! We now need it even more, right?»

  «Yeah, right! Led Apple fighting!!» I gave him five and he clapped with excitement. «Where’s the rest of the gang?»

  «Hanbyul hyung is upstairs. Youngjun hyung and Hyoseok are at…»

   Kwangyeon got stuck and bit his lip.

   Where are they?

   «Where… where are they?  Has anything happened to them?» I asked, my voice quite worried.

  «Hyoseok’s drums are left at a garage that they practice sometimes. So, Youngjun and Hyoseok went together there to practice today... Good evening, my dear Ivy.»

  I turned to see Hanbyul standing in the middle of the stairs, smiling. His eyes are a little smaller than usually and he’s a little pale, a definite proof that he is tired. Again.

  I rushed and fell in his hug; I can’t stand seeing him like this.

 «Hi Hanbyul! You seem very tired. And you SHOULDN’T.» I moved my finger on front of him and he smiled.

 «I’m OK. Chinja. Shall we start?»

  «Ne, of course. See you later, boys~»

--

 

 

 

  «Is it OK? I mean, do you feel satisfied with today’s lesson?»

  «Yes, I am, Hanbyul. No worries, we can stop now. I can see that you’re more tired than I am.» I smiled and closed his and my book.

 «OK, I won’t deny it, because I feel we did a nice lesson today, didn’t we?» he stretched his hands backwards. «Are you a little gloomy?»

  Ugh… so many things to be told…

  «Yes… Many things happened. Negative things.»

  Hanbyul frowned, with a worried expression.

  «What? What did happen?»

  «First of all, I met Led Apple in the hall, when I was hanging out with Ray, Hannah and Gae In.»

  Hanbyul became even more pale.

 «W-who did you meet?»

 I laughed.

 «Oh, didn’t the rest of the boys tell you? They were selected by Mr. Yang to play music during the graduation ball. So, I asked them if that means that they’re finally becoming a band and they said yes and that they will be named Led Apple. Daebak, isn’t it? Now, I can refer to them like this and not each name separately!» I clapped with excitement and he seemed relieved.

 «So, what happened then?»

 «They were caring some music sheets, when Kyumin pushed Hyoseok and all the papers got scattered on the floor. I then had the stupid idea to hurry and help them and…»

  I told him everything. About Hannah’s and Rome’s suspicious questions and looks, about the whining in the dance club, Haneul’s appearance and Hyoseon’s «threats».

 «Why did she tell me  that you almost kissed? Is… is it true?» I asked, my voice uncontrollably shaking.

 Hanbyul hid his face with his palms.

 «I had a difficult day concerning Hyoseon, too. She came, seeking for help in Maths (let’s say so…) and then she started telling me about me and her and, yes, she tried to kiss me! Don’t laugh, I was about to puke!» he exclaimed with a whiny face.

  She tried to kiss Hanbyul?? MY Hanbyul??

  She’s dead; that’s it.

  «Ah, chinja, I now have another reason to struggle her! My poor one, are you OK?» I got up and hugged his head tightly. «I don’t even want to think that disgusting creature close to you…» I added whispering.

  I felt him shaking in my arms. He gets so nervous every time I’m touching him. How cute!

  He gently removed my hands and got up.

  «I’m perfect. I shouted so much at her that I don’t think she will bother me again. But, as far as you told me, she started bothering you. And that’s worse… Excuse me for one second.» he said and got out of the room.

 Kekeke, this time I paniced him a lot. But I couldn’t resist… >.<

  The quantity that I have started enjoying his reactions has made me even more sure that I like him… Sssh, don’t tell anybody! Do not even mention it!

  I’m not sure yet. But I think… I think I do…

 

 

  «Bzzzzz»

 

  Something is vibrating. I searched with my eyes around the room and -after pulling aside some papers- I saw Hanbyul’s mobile shaking a little and being enlightened.

  «Hanbyul… Hanbyul! Your mobile…»

  I took it in my hands and- accidentally- I looked at the screen.

  I swear I did it accidentally. I swear!

  The name «Zia» is appearing.

  «Zia» is a female name… Isn’t it?

  Why is a girl calling Hanbyul…? And what’s the relationship she may have with him…?

  Huh? HUH??

 

 

 

 

 

 

  Hanbyul’s POV

 

  Ivy is not able to handle her difficult day, so she made even more difficult mine, too.

  At first, I got completely lost when she said «Led Apple». I felt like my whole existence was about to be blown up… Thankfully, she explained me and I have to admit that it was a very smart idea by my friends to introduce the whole band issue to Ivy in this way.

 Then, Hyoseon’s behavior; OK, that made me upset, too. And last- but not least- she hugged me… And she’s doing it more often lately.

  I’m not sad, of course. Instead, I love it. How could I not be flying in heavens every time she’s hugging me? But I still get really nervous.

  This time, I found refuge in the bathroom, to wash my face with a little cold water. It was refreshing and the blush vanished from my cheeks. It kind of woke me up, too, as the tiredness of the day is making me even more zombie- like.

  I drew my breath and returned to my room.

  «Sorry, I had to wash my face a little…» I was saying, when Ivy passed me my mobile.

  She is frowned… What happened?

  «It was vibrating… I think someone called you.»

  I grabbed it and looked at the received call. It was from Zia…

  Ugh… Did Ivy see it? That’s why she’s a little… stiff?

  Should I… tell her?

 

 

 

 

 

 Youngjun’s POV

 

  We got in our house, me and Hyoseok, rubbing our noses. It’s spring, but in Seoul it’s always cold until really late, so you must not do the mistake to wear light clothes, even when the cherry trees have blossomed.  

 «We’re back!» I yelled and left my shoes and guitar next to the door.

  The same did Hyoseok. A couple of female shoes are in between of Kyumin’s and Hanbyul’s; Ivy is here, right?

  «Is Ivy here?» Hyoseok asked.

  «Ne, for two hours now.» Kyumin answered, pushing some buttons to test his keyboard.

  «Wow, she’s spending always a lot of time with us…» Hyoseok exclaimed. «I like that!»

  «How was the rehearsal with Zia?» Kwangyeon asked, without looking at us.

  «She was grumpy, as always!» I murmured and Kwangyeon giggled in his funny way.

 «Nooo, she wasn’t!» Hyoseok laughed, too.

 «Oh, c’mon, she was whining for Hanbyul’s and Kyumin’s absence. As if the rest of us are not enough for her to practice her parts of the song she’s singing with us…» I puffed and sat on the couch.

 «It’s sensible for her to seek the vocalists, huh?» Kwangyeon moved his shoulders.

 «Whatever…»

  I turned the TV on and advised Kyumin and Kwangyeon to stop the practice.

 «Guys! You’re back!»

 Ivy rushed downstairs and jumped next to me.

  «Hi there.» I smiled and patted her head. (I’m tired.)

  «Did you practice well enough, Hyoseokkie?» she turned to Hyoseok and hugged him.

 He blushed and nodded quickly.

 «I’m ordering pizza.» I heard Hanbyul’s bored voice and a fuss of undistinguishable words followed, each one’s pizza preferences.

 «Aish, be quiet!» I yelled.

  «I’ll order the special one! As if I don’t know your tastes!» he yelled, too and disappeared in the kitchen.

  Ivy shrugged in Hyoseok’s hug and started pushing playfully with her elegant feet mine feet on the couch.

 «I feel so nice to be here with you guys…» she murmured and half- closed her eyes.

 «You’re staying for pizza and Cluedo, right?» Kwangyeon winked.

 «If you want me here…» she smirked and I pushed her feet with more strength than before.

 «Don’t be silly. Of course we want you here!» I scolded her and she returned the strength on my feet.

 «Gamsahamnida oppa.» she smiled and thought for a while. «Do you guys know a girl named Zia?»

  What the …? Did Hanbyul tell her…? No, it can’t be.

 Let’s not do stupid things.

 «I think she’s a singer or something… Huh?» I said carelessly.

 «No, no singer… Another girl with this name?»

 «Aniyo, I don’t think so.» I moved my shoulders and the others, looking at me to confirm it, moved their shoulders, too.

«So, why did a girl with this name call Hanbyul?»

  Ugh, stupid Zia! Why on earth did she call him? Probably to tell him the changes we made in the chorus…

 «Aah, now I remembered! Didn’t Hanbyul said that he has a cousin, named Zia who stays in Busan?» Kyumin said and I clapped.

 «That’s right! I had forgotten everything about her, too.»

  «Pizza is ordered!» Hanbyul appeared again, moving his hands funnily and making his accent French.

  He sat on my legs (on purpose) and I kicked him.

 «Be careful, you - head!» I yelled and they all laughed.

  «Sorry, hyung!» he giggled.

 Ivy creeped slowly in his hug and Hanbyul blushed intensely.

 God, he can’t hide his embarrassment. :P

  Even though I don’t feel for Ivy the way Byeol Byeol does, I’m happy every time she’s here. It’s like a beautiful sister of all of us, who is bringing happiness in our stressful life.

    I sometimes wonder if she has realised Hanbyul’s feelings over her. She’s a smart girl and a young woman, that knows that she’s pretty; yeap, it’s impossible to not have realised it. And… some moments, when Hanbyul is all nervous with her actions, I can see her seeking for my look, as if asking for a confirmation of what she thinks that is happening. I try to hide my answer behind a stupid smile; I can’t «betray» my friend like this. But I think she knows…

  I also wonder which are her feelings… I don’t think that she would be able to pretend the «good and kind girl» for a long time, just to convince Hanbyul to go on with the lessons. She wouldn’t be trying to be good and adorable with us either… Right? My instict with people is never wrong… I realized- back then- that Hanbyul is a kind and hard- working boy, that Chusang is someone that we can trust and for Zia, that she’s snobbish and bossy and TIRING and…

 

  Anyway…

 

  I can’t be wrong now.

 

   Right?

 

 

 

  «So, shall we start the Cluedo?» Kwangyeon asked and opened the box of the game.

 

 

 

 

  Ivy’s POV

 

  I got shocked with myself; sincerely. I… I… got jealous. Last Friday, at Hanbyul’s place, when his phone rang and that cousin of his was calling… that Zia. And not only then! Even when Hyoseon told me these things about almost kissing him… I got jealous again!

  I can’t be falling like this for Hanbyul… IT CAN’T BE TRUE!

  I… I don’t know what to do.

  I still… may be saved. I have to reduce the time that I’m spending with him! That’s it! No more lessons for a while! Isn’t it simple…? I will have to find a good excuse for every time… Right?

  I feel sweating and I bit my nails so hard that I yelled «ouch». Hannah and Gae In looked at me surprised.

«Are you biting your nails? Micheosseo? They are so well painted…» Hannah murmured and I looked at her  uninterested.

 «Did you pick the theme for the ball onnie?» Gae In changed quickly topic.

 «Yes, I think I did; Peter Pan concept. It suits the fact that we’re finishing school and become adults, but  that we can stay children in soul if we want to, huh?» I moved my shoulders, but still feeling pretty panicked in heart.

 «I expected something more princess- like from you…» Hannah commented.

 «I like it. You have to admit that it’s a good idea, Hannah.» Gae In said and bit her sandwich.

  The cafeteria is pretty noisy today.

  «Yeah, it’s a really good one. I just like girly things more. I wonder who may have such a good idea… Imagine Hanbyul having thought of that!» Hannah looked at me with sly eyes.

  I gulped; if my plan indeed works out, I will get rid of these looks and these suspicions. It’s the right thing to be done. It’s the right thing to preserve my image.

  «Ha, a nerd could have such an idea? It’s impossible…» I murmured and blushed.

  I felt tears hurting my eyes; I called him «nerd»… How did I do that? How did I do that to my sweet Hanbyul?

 

  I’m… I’m not bad.

 

   I’m just scared.

 

  Someone held my arm tightly. I turned to see Rome.

 «WHAT?» I yelled intensely.

  I have a headache, too. Can it get any worse?

 «Are you sure you have nothing to do with lame, unpopular persons? With the nerd, for example?»

  My hands started shaking.

 «WHY ON EARTH WOULD I DO THAT??» I screamed histerically. 

 «You see, Hyoseon mentioned that you may have something to do with that nerd…» Rome murmured, but his voice slightly went out, as he realised the way that I was looking at him.

«I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM OR ANY OTHER NERD, YOU GET IT??» I went on with my screaming, but he didn’t seem too taken aback.

«Thankfully, because- otherwise- I wouldn’t guarantee that we will be together for a long time to come… So, you’ll miss one advantage of your.. perfect image.» he whispered, so as the others wouldn’t hear us.

  I… I feel weaker than ever… I feel dizzy…

 «Do you dare to blackmail me for such a thing?» I pushed him and hid my face. «I wouldn’t be the only one to miss one advantage of my perfect image; you would be in the same boat, too. So, leave these words now. And don’t bother me again for today, OK?» I said firmly and left his side.

  I disappeared in the library, which I know is empty during this break. My legs, weak and numb, let me down and I sat down, at a corner. The tears that had been cutting my eyes previously, now run on my cheeks. My mascara is dripping along with my tears, making them black.

   I don’t want to be bad with Hanbyul. With my Hanbyul. It hurts me more that anything else.

  But I’m scared. I- I can’t stop being PRINCESS. I can’t stop being POPULAR… I can’t…

  

 

  I’m sorry, Hanbyul. But for a while it will be a good- bye.

 

 

 

 

  Hanbyul’s POV

 

  Ugh, my head hearts me. My body is protesting.

  Today, it was the first time in my school life that I was late for school… But Ivy came on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Not only for lesson, of course. Friday night we ate pizza and played Cluedo, Saturday evening we all had a walk at the park and Sunday night we watched a movie that Hyoseok suggested. All these days, after Ivy was leaving, I studied, too and before Ivy was coming, we were practicing at StarKim.

  I overdid it. I feel tired more than ever.

  But since I can combine all these and with satisfying results, I’m happy and satisfied.

  I can feel Ivy behind me a little upset. Is she worried for receiving the Physics test, too? Nah, I don’t think so… She doesn’t care that much even now. :P

  What’s wrong with her?

   I turned around. She’s holding her head with her hands and she has her eyes closed. Her mascara is a bit messy.

 What on earth is wrong with her?

  I looked around if anyone is watching us and-after reassuring that- I caressed her head. She didn’t move, but I can see her chest going up and down, so she’s fine. She must be sad, however.

  The teacher left my test in front of me and I took it in my hands with a stupid smile. I’m good in Physics.

 

  OH. .

 

  T- that’s a… C-.

 

  C-.

  GOD. How on earth did that happen??

  Don’t panic Hanbyul! Don’t panic!

  The bell rang and I’m still shaking.

  GOD, how…? ToT

 

  I felt the mobile vibrating in my back pocket. I turned to get it.

  «Ugh, Ivy… you wouldn’t believe what happened…» I was saying, when I realised that she was gone. Her seat, just like the rest in the classroom, are empty. She left, without saying any word? Weird…

 

«Youngjun calling»

 

  «Hyung? What’s going on?» I whispered.

  «Well, no good news. Chusang called and said that LOEN is pushing StarKim and us to finish the practice period… And they are pushing us with the excuse that the first recordings weren’t good.»

 

  ! ! ! More problems!

 

 «W-what are we going to do, hyung?»

 Youngjun puffed.

 «I don’t know. I’m just giving up everything concerning school; I’ll be completely dedicated to our music. The same I was told by the others. You?»

  My headache is more intense.

  «I don’t know… I don’t know at all. Let me think of it, hyung.»

 «OK, bro. There’s no need to worry. We just need to be more careful.»

 

 

   «Bzzzz»

 

   Another phone call. Anything else?

   «Oma? Is everything OK?» I yelled at her, answering the call.

  I think I’m going crazy with all these slaps…

  «Jason Hanbyul, why are you shouting?»

 «Sorry oma… I’m a little upset. Why are you calling me now?»

 «The exams are close, aren’t they? The moment of your glory is close baby… I have some amazing news! Younghee’s dad decided to work as a dentist again in Seoul! In September, he and his family are coming back in Seoul, so… we’re coming back, too! And that means that a place will be open for you, too. All our plans are coming true! Hanbyul, are you still there?»

  OK, things move like crazy around me. Why should days like these exist?

 «Ne, oma…»

 «That means that you should give all your strength in studying now. It’s the last part of this trip, of this effort of yours, baby! Study a lot, right?»

«Yes… Bye.»

  I was sure that things were going well…

  But facts prove the exact opposite.

  I have to study a lot and practice a lot. I have to get into University and don’t let down Led Apple.

 

  How am I going to find the time?

 

  I know what everyone is going to say.

 

  To reduce the time I’m spending with Ivy.

   Yes…

  Love has brainwashed me.

  Maybe things will get better if I do this.

  It’s difficult.

 

  I’m feeling my heart being ripped off, thinking of it. I’m so in love.

 

  But I’ll try it.

 

 

  I’m sorry, Ivy… :’(

 

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hi guys! I’m back after a long- long time! Sorry for making you waiting! Hope this chapter is good enough to pay you back~^^ Ivy and Hanbyul considered things too easy, probably… :/ Wait for me! I won’t be that late next time! CHINJAA!~ Thank you for your support! Your comments and ideas are always welcomed. Take care ‘til next time!!! ^_^