Stupid mobiles >.

"Byeol" means star

Ivy's POV

 «Blah, blah, blah and blah…»

 That’s how Mrs Son’s words sound to my ears… I hate Biology; If there’s one lesson I can’t stand it’s certainly Maths, but Biology usually makes me wanna puke, so it isn’t much better.

  However, my mind is absent (weird that!); I’m thinking of last week’s stupidities at Hanbyul’s place. And I don’t think that Biology can explain the reason for that…

  Stupidity No1: Why the hell did I start crying in front of him and saying things about me and Rome? And especially such things! (Yes, the things you know, guys!)

  Aish, sometimes I think that I’m a total idiot, but this time, there is one possible explanation at the back of my mind. With all these things happening with Rome, I felt even lonelier than usually, when I’m home all alone. So, Hanbyul was reading that text about friendship and I got really touched.

   Yes, that must be it~
  As for saying things about what Rome asked me… Well, I can’t explain that for sure. Maybe… maybe because I feel comfortable with him and I somehow trust him….

  BUT nothing more!!

 Stupidity No2: The blackout. OK, that was Hanbyul’s fault, but at first it was fun; I laughed a lot with Youngjun’s boredom to fix the problem, with Kwangyeon’s and Kyumin’s entertaining behavour, with Hyoseok’s kindness and- of course- Hanbyul’s immediate apology. These guys make me feel like family, really. But then, THEN! I wouldn’t call it a kiss, but I suppose that this is how people call it when a person’s lips touch another’s, right? That was a DISASTER! And poor Hanbyul… he was shaking so much and was so red afterwards. But Kyumin told me that my cheeks were red, too… OK, it wasn’t the most comfortable thing on earth!

  I closed my eyes remembering the moments; I can’t see anything right now, I couldn’t see anything back then, too. I could only feel and listen. I- as I had grabbed his shirt- followed him. I literally layed on top of him and then- BHAM! Two soft lips touched mine.

  My heart was beating like crazy and I felt like someone had the heat; But, c’mon, it was sensible, after such an embarassing situation…

  Ehm… OK, don’t look at me like that… I said «embarassing», but embarassing doesn’t mean necesserily unpleasant…

  NO! Forget what I said, OK? Forget it!

  I caressed my lips… No, no… I shouldn’t do that thing! Stop, Ivy! Stop it, girl!

  My silly thoughts made me look at him a little guilty; I can only see the back of his sloppy head moving up and down calmly, as he’s making his notes. (We exchanged our seats, so he’s sitting on front of us to hide me somehow from the teachers… :P)  This warmth… this warmth that embraces my heart… it must be because I feel a little pity for him… maybe because he’s a cute, kind person. I- I can’t find any other sensible explanation…

   GRR! I have to stop thinking nonsense! I put out my tiny accessories for my nails and started fixing them. Mrs Son is going with her «Blah- blah…»

 Christina was telling me about her holidays during the last summer, when she visited, along with her friends from University and her boyfriend, one of the most beautiful islands, over there, back in our country.

  I asked her to describe the sea, the sun, the light breeze, the pretty boats, the smiling people. She didn’t consider it necessary, as she still lives there and experiences these things every year; But for me… it’s something that I have almost forgotten how it feels and how it really is. I’m almost 18 years old and I live in Korea for almost 5 years, throughout these years I’ve never visited my country again. My parents are both working really hard, but that’s why we have everything we need and we’re able to buy almost everything that me or my brother wish for. I’m not greedy; I swear! Nicko is a little but I’m trying to make him modest. You don’t really call us rich, but we live comfortably.

  Anyway, Christina described me everything that I asked for and I could feel this tickling sensation in my heart and stomach, as these memories were waking up in my mind; A sunny beach, the smell and the coolness of the sea, a boy playing his guitar, teen people layghinng and playing all around me…and… and…

  Ugh, my stomach twisted… Along with these, an unpleasant memory followed… Ugh, really unpleasant…

  Forget it, Ivy… Calm down, girl, calm down…

  I moved my head violently to shoo the bad moments. Well, Mrs Son  was kind enough to help me with that:

 «Miss Iliaki, would you make us the honor to pay attention to our lesson?» she raised her eyebrow hironically.

  I put down my little accessories slowly and looked at her with a poker face; I’m kind of used to such comments… On the inside I feel embarassed, but on the outside I’m not showing any emotion; A princess shouldn’t  be influenced by these things…

  As Mrs Son went on Hanbyul –without  turning back at all- passed me one of his notebooks, on my desk.

  «Pay attention to the lesson! >.<»  I read on the page that it was open and smiled.

  I looked around to make sure that no one saw that and put the notebook on my knees, still having that silly smile on my lips.

  Hanbyul can be funny, too…

  As soon as the bell rang, I started fixing my nails again, receiving a reaaaaally mean look Mrs Son, who was leaving the classroom with our other classmates.

  I waited for everyone to leave.

  I do it more often than at first… Hope that no one has noticed it…

  All gone!

  I got up and rubbed Hanbyul’s head intensely. He turned, with his dimples appearing, making his cute face even cuter.

  «I wonder how you stand making notes for these disgusting things…» I murmured happily.

 «Aw, c’mon! First of all, it’s not that disgusting, if you consider that all these are actually happening inside our bodies constantly. And-second- I don’t think that I’m enjoying it… I just need it for my future job.»

 Important omition; I’ve never asked him about that! I really wonder which is the job he wants to achieve with so much studying…

  «Which will be…?»

  «Dentist.» he said, smiling awkwardly.

  «Ah, I see…» I smiled back; Well, I didn’t expect that exactly, but… OK.

  «You’re not impressed, I guess…» he blushed a little.

  «No, it’s just fine… I…»

  A bunch of boys passed by our classroom and I hurried to start fixing my nails again, with my accessories, returning to my seat. They turned, looked at me with the usual admiration and whispered something to each other. They are younger than us for sure, but I avoid looking back at them, as I don’t really like it when they come to me to talk and express their…  «feelings». And Rome… Ugh, he gets really angry but tries not to say anything.

  I simply went on fixing my nails until they left. I returned to my little talk talk with Hanbyul right after.

  «So… You used English for the «note» you gave me… How’s that?» I smiled.

  He seemed a little surprised.

  You don’t really know? Oh, I’m really stupid for not telling you! But I thought you knew… I joined this school two years ago, remember?»

 I nodded, but I don’t really remember…. XD  Sorry, Hanbyul!

«Well, before that, I was living in Australia. Brisbane, in particular.»

 W-O-W! Australia!

 «Wow! No, I didn’t know anything! But, I guess that this explains everything… And why did you…»

   ; My mobile rang! >.< «Message from Rome: Where are you

  I blushed a little.

  «Sorry for this, Hanbyul. It’s Rome again!»

  His eyes… their happy expression changed?

  «Is everything OK? I mean… did he try to force you for anything?»

  He blushed saying that… but that fact confirmed the concern that his eyes are betraying… He’s concerned… for me? Aw, he proves always such a good friend for me…

  «No, not really! Everything is fine! And- please- forget it! Pretend that you never heard of it. I shouldn’t have mentioned anything and brought you in such an awkward situation! I’m sorry…» I hurried to comfort him.

 «No need to be sorry… I’m glad you trust me…» he murmured cutely.

 ~Aw

~Awwww!

  He was about to protest more, but I put my finger on his lips.

«Sssh! No protesting! And don’t think that you’ll run away easily with the Australian issue, Mr Jang. I want to hear more!» I giggled and he nodded happily.

 «OK, in the evening, then?»

 «Yes, I’ll bring my books! I loved the text we were reading last time, after the blackout…»

 «Ah, yes, it was a pretty good one… OK, see you then, my lady…» he bowed and I chuckled, as I was turning to leave.

 «Oh, I almost forgot your notebook…» I smiled and left it on his desk.

 

 

  Hanbyul’s POV

«Oh, I almost forgot your notebook…» Ivy smiled playfully and left my notebook on my desk, as she was leaving.

  I looked at it and- to my surprise- I saw something written under my own note.

  «Since you wrote that during the lesson, you weren’t paying attention for a while too, right, Mr Jang? :P <3 <3»

  OMOOOO, there are two hearts on there! Not one, two!!

  I didn’t resist… I hugged the notebook.

  I know I’m becoming ridiculous, but sometimes I feel so in love… that I behave silly.

 I liked Ivy from the very first moment, but now, that we talk and spend more time together… I like her even more. I think of her literally 24/7. Because… she isn’t only a beautiful school girl, but an intresting, sensitive and smart young woman, too, as she keeps on proving herself. These charachteristics have nothing to do with the image of a school princess…

  OK, yes, there’s a huge «why» hanging above these issues, but I’m not going to analyze it or try to find out more now! Now, that I’m spending the very best moments of my life!

  And the kiss… ah, the kiss…

  Well, OK, it wasn’t exactly a kiss, but I can be happy enough to say that my lips touched hers once in my life… ToT I really can’t remember how many times I apologised for the whole thing and the rest Led Apple didn’t make it easier at all; They were laughing all the time! (*idiots*). Thankfully, after the first embarassment (which was completely reasonable!), Ivy was laughing, too, and reassured me that everything was OK. The idiots ran away luckily enough, as she didn’t realise anything…

  Anyway, I’m still fly!! ( A song says so, right? I’m not completely irrelevant, see?? XD)

  «Hey, you! Weirdo! Where’s Ivy?»

  I gasped, as I saw Ray on the door, looking at me with the usual boredom, this time with a little suspicion added, however. I’m almost sure that he’s one of Rome’s friends…

 «What kind of question is that?» I raised my eyebrow.

  «I said, where’s Ivy?»

  Aaaah, I can stand many things, but not crazy people!

  I got up and looked at him straightforwardly; after the incident with the three bullies, I’ve become more… more determined? You can say it so, I think.

  «She’s right here, in my pocket.» I said bitterly and pretended looking in my pocket.

  Ray seemed surprised with my reaction and didn’t  manage to hold in a gasp.

  Ha, in your face!

  «She… she isn’t here?»

  «Why should she be here, huh?» I moved my shoulders.

  «Look, weirdo, I don’t know what’s happening. Rome told me to look for Ivy here, but since Rome said so, I just did it. Don’t get offenced.»

  I sat down again, without looking at him and opened my Biology book.

  «As you can see, she isn’t here… Now, please, I want to study.»

  Rome gasped with irony.

  «Yeah, right. Sorry to interrupt you from the 100th hour of unstoppable studying.»

  I pierced him with my eyes and returned to my book.

  «Ah, yes; I have a duty to serve… I have to ask every student of the senior year to propose a themed title for the final prom, our graduation prom, at the end of the year. I’m sure that you don’t care for such… commonplace things, but- since you’re a senior, too- I have to give that paper to you also.» he added with boredom, but not less irony and left a piece of paper in front of me.

  Random things were written on it and clumsily boxed by their «authors»:  «Pirates’ night», «To the moon and back», «Guns ‘n’ Roses», «Cinderella’s dream», «Music Box» and many other; Some of them funny, other dreamy or romantic, some obviously girly or boyish. I wonder if Led Apple’s ideas are already hidden in here, I thought for a while.

  Ah, yeap! That’s it!

  I wrote «Peter Pan» quickly and boxed it, at a spot that there was barely enough space to write anything; I wouldn’t like anyone to comment on the «nerd’s» ideas…

  But I think that is ideal. I mean, we’re finishing school to start our adult life… but if we want, we can remain always children in our hearts, just like Peter Pan… Beyond these, the idea of Neverland, the bright star in the sky, all these London-by-night-and-in-1930’s scenes, a little of pirates and fairies… I don’t think there’s any better idea than this one.

  I gave the paper back to Ray and he looked at it with a fake boredom. I know he’s trying to find out which one is mine, but he stopped immediately, as soon as he realised that I was looking at him.

  «OK, go on with your… studying.» he moved his head and his cold eyes looked at me for a last time.

  «Yeah, THANKS!» I murmured, through my gritted teeth, as he was leaving the classroom.

  Why is it so hateful to study?

 

 

  My mobile rang and interrupted me from my upcoming return to Biology. «Oma» appeared on the screen.

  «Oma, I’m in classroom!» I puffed.

  «What? Is it lesson time?» she gasped.

  «Aniyo, but I’m studying right now!»

  «Oh, I’m really sorry, my son! Go on with your studying! I’ll call you at night…»

  I hanged up without saying any other word; This phrase is chasing me today: « Go on with your studying…»

  The mobile rang again and I answered without looking at it.

  «What, OMA??»

  «Oma? What oma? Here’s Chusang!»

  Kekekeke… Mistake!

 «Ah… sorry hyung… Well, hi!»

  «Hi there! How are you, dear dongsaeng?»

   «Fine… Studying  Biology.»

  «Ugh~ Anyway, I’m glad that I don’t need to care for these things anymore! Look, Hanbyul, I’ve arranged something interested for you, guys… A really talented lady is coming to our studio today to practise with you! She will be featured in one of your songs fro the new album…»

  A lady??

  A talented lady?

  «Who… who is she?»

  «It’s Zia! A girl with a really sweet and gentle voice, exactly what we need for a duet with you and her in the vocals, Kyumin in the rap and the rest of the gang in the music. What do you think?»

  That will be nice… ^^

  «Fine! I think everyone will be fine!»

  «They are, I already talked with Youngjun…»

  Pfff, what a surprise…

  «OK, then, we’ll talk!» I hanged up with a little nerve.

  Wait! My lesson with IVY!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO! What to doooooo? What to do?

  I was about to call Chusang to cancel  the whole thing, but I sighed…. Led Apple would kill me if I was cancelling that…. Ugh, I’m trapped!

  I drew my breath and sent a text to Ivy.

  It’s so stupid…. Sometimes my whole life is stupid!!

 

  Youngjun’s POV

 (15 minutes earlier)

Kwangyeon played his bass and a funny sound was produced. I put my tongue out, looking at him.

  «Easy with that, man! Are you upset today?» I smiled.

   Kwangyeon rubbed the back of his head.

 «I don’t know, hyung… I feel a little worried with the debut…»

  «Everything is going well, don’t you see?»

  «Ne, but I’m always a bit nervous.»

  « I know.» I patted his head and returned to my own guitar.

   It’s really quiet and nice here, under the biggest stair of our school. We can do whatever we like, without anyone bothering us.

   I have to confess that I’m nervous for the debut, too. But, I’m the leader and I have to seem calm.  For the dongsaengs’ sake. Kyumin and Kwangyeon are always naughty, Hyoseok isn’t causing any problem at all (when he isn’t following the other idiots) and Hanbyul is a problem on his own. But I can’t stand enforcing anyone, so I’m trying to not say anything.

   My mobile rang with a famous rock song, making us all jump startled. I looked at the screen and saw Chusang’s name on it; Chusang… our «mama-guy». It’s weird he’s calling us during school; He never does that. Wonder what he wants…

 «Ne hyung?»

 «Hey Youngjun! How are you?»

  «Fine…. We’re at school, you know…»

 «Yes, of course I know!»

   Aigoo, he wants me to ask it straightforwardly! It’s not my fault he’s a babo~

  «OK, hyung, why are you calling us right now, here, at school?»

  «Aaaaaah! Yes, I can see your question now!»

  *Dear Lord*

  «And?»

  «Yes, I’m calling you because something important came up for today…. I mean, for today’s practice…»

  «…»

 Is he trying to create atmosphere? >.<

 «Zia is coming to sing a duet with you guys… For your debut. And you know how important that would be for you boys…»

 «Really?»

 Woo, Zia is really talented from what I’ve heard.

 «Yes, really really!»

 «So, she’s practising with us today?»

 «Yes. And any other day that it would be necessary. Are you happy, guys?»

 «You’re only talking to me and –yes- personally, I am satisfied. Anything else?»

  «Aish boy, you’re really bitter sometimes… Tell the others to be prepared to stay more for practice, arasso?»

 I bit my lip; Today Hanbyul has also a lesson with Ivy…. I think.

 I covered the mobile’s microphone with my hand and asked Hyoseok to confirm it. He moved his head quickly positively and smiled.

 . . .

  Hanbyul will be cursing us all… I don’t want to ruin his chance to be close to the girl he likes… But.. but work goes first for now.

 «Arasso… I’ll tell them… No, actually… You call Hanbyul to tell him. I don’t like being scolded for interrupting him from his studying…» I lied.

 «Ah.. yes. OK, no problem. Youngjun, I want to tell you something else for Hanbyul.»

 «Ne…?»

  «Look, I know it’s still winter and the debut is programmed for the next autumn, but we have a serious problem, don’t you think?»

 I gulped, because I think I know what he means…

 «You mean… for Hanbyul?»

  «Yes… I know it’s not pleasant to talk like this for a friend, but for us, this moment, it’s work and only and we have to see it that way.»

 I got up and walked away from the other guys, out of the stair-space. They don’t need to listen to that conversation.

 «Hyung… I don’t know.»

 «We have to admit that this look of his and –generally- this whole philosophy of living (and of course I mean studying) are not going to work in the music industry. He will be laughable.»

 Chusang is rarely so straightforward.

 «But you knew that from the very first moment we accepted him in the band.»

 «Yes, but with the idea that we are going to fix it. He can’t do it like this and you know it! Don’t mock yourself Youngjun!»

 I puffed. He’s right. I can’t tell that he isn’t right…

 «And what do you suggest then?»

 «I don’t know. I was about to ask you. We can’t lose a talent like Hanbyul. But he has such a flat personality… He isn’t a lively 18- year- old young man… He’s a boring grandpa! I don’t even know if he has decided whether he wants to be a dentist or a proffesional singer!»

 Damn it. He’s right again. And that last phrase he used is the most appropriate one…

  However, I have a suggestion.

  «OK, hyung. I can see all your points and I totally agree. But let’s just not force things. Since there’s that amount of time, we can wait. Hanbyul isn’t a boring grandpa in soul, deep inside and I’m sure about that. He’s hiding  a lot of passion, humour, excitement. I think he hasn’t realised that he does that. He consideres himself a nerd and is dedicated to studying. BUT there’s one bright hope and her name is Ivy and Led Apple. I… I think that we owe to wait. Things may come naturally.»

 «But..»

 «No but, please! We will wait til the exams will be over, in summer, and then we will see if he changes. If not, then we’re planning our next moves, OK?»

 «Aish… I don’t think that anything changes, but that’s a deal Youngjun. Only because I trust your opinion!»

 Thank God, I convinced him for now!

 But I’m not confident for any change either…

 

 

 Ivy’s POV

  Rome asked me why I was late. AGAIN. Grrr~ What’s the problem with him, anyway???

 Now, I’m sitting with my arms crossed, while Gae In is trying to fix her nails like I was doing. Hannah is drooling again with Ray and Rome is being ridiculous with his other fellows.

 «Onnie, did I do it nicely?» Gae In asked me.

  Without even looking at her, I nodded.

   Rome is getting on my nerves. Actually, this moment, everything is getting on my nerves.

  I don’t like being interrupted and with Hanbyul I’m always being interrupted.

And Ray… where had he been he? He came after me and handed me the paper with the themed titles for the prom. I wrote a «Beach Party» and gave it back with boredom. I’m organising that, anyway, so I am going to check all these titles thousands times.

  I started playing with my curls and Gae In looked at me.

 «Are you OK, onnie?»

 «Ne.»

 «Are we going for shopping therapy today?» she clapped happily.

  Lesson with Hanbyuuuuul- Lesson with Hanbyuuuuul~

 «I’d love to, but I can’t.» I said with no fake sadness; I’d like to go for shopping therapy…

 «Why?» Gae In asked, widening her eyes.

 «Why?» Rome asked, too.

 What do you want, man???

  «Because… because…» I sweated a little and gulped; Now, what, smart girl?

  My mobile rang and my mom’s face appeared on the screen; I answered immediately.

Mom saved me!!

 «Yes, mommy?»

 «Hi baby! Sorry for calling at school, dear…»

 «No, it’s OK, mom.»

 «Look, I want to ask you a huge favour, my princess. Can you stay today and cook dinner for dad? I’m going to a friend of mine tonight for a movie and Nicko would blow up the kitchen…»

  I sighed. My lesson with Hanbyul!! The shopping therapy…. L

  «Yes, mom… I’ll do it.» I faked a smile, as the others were looking at me.

  «So, why can’t you go for shopping today?» Rome insisted, as soon as  I hanged up.

 I pierced him with my look.

 «We’re having a beauty night with my mom, OK?» I lied; I can’t tell him that I’m simply cooking for my dad.

 He seemed relieved and moved his shoulders.

 «Can I come, too?» Hannah asked.

 «No. My mom doesn’t like anyone around her when she’s wearing masks and stuff.» I said determined and Hannah frowned with disapproval.

 Stupid. Stupid girl. I don’t care what you do!

 I looked at my mobile to delete my mom’s call, when a message appeared on the screen.

 From Hanbyul:  Studying occured for tonight, Ivy. I’m really sorry I can’t make it. Let’s rearrenge it for tomorrow, OK?  Hope you will forgive me someday *acts cutely* Sorry again ^^

 I puffed. It is a general chaos today. My mobile keeps on giving me disappointments today.

 I wonder if this lesson issue is going to work out with so many difficulties occuring from the very first moment…

 I quickly sent an answer:

 To Hanbyul: It’s OK, Mr Jang… In the end, I couldn’t make it either. So, that’s why you are spared for this time! It’s a deal for tomorrow, unless something else happens, like today… *Rubs your head intensely*

 

 

  From misschoi: Hi guys! Sorry for being late again… But you really can’t imagine the circumstances under which I’m writting! Really! Thank you for subscribing guys! You make me really happy~  I’m waiting for your comments and ideas always! ^^ Take care til next time!