Surprise!

"Byeol" means star

Hanbyul’s POV

 

 

 

 I stopped singing and looked at Kyumin, frowning.

 

«What is wrong with you?» I asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

«I was about to ask you the same thing, hyung.» Kyumin frowned, too, and crossed his arms on his chest.

«Nothing. I was just singing and you stopped. Like, for the 20th time today!» I raised the tone of my voice.

«But you aren’t good today. It’s not my fault.» Kyumin moved his shoulders.

«Yah, are you crazy? What did I do differently from yesterday?»

«I don’t know, you are just no good.»

 

«Youngjun, do something! Aren’t you bored playing the same track over and over again? Especially when I am doing nothing wrong!» I turned to Youngjun, who also moved his shoulders with boredom.

 

«But you aren’t good today, indeed.» he said, without looking at me and I gasped.

«Kwangyeon! What am I doing wrong??» I asked, turning to Kwangyeon now.

«I don’t know. But it definitely doesn’t sound nice.» he sighed.

 

OK, I’m going crazy. WHAT THE HELL DID I DO WRONG?

 I looked at Hyoseok, my last hope, but he also moved his shoulders and his head negatively.

 

«You guys are kidding me, right? But it’s not funny!» I yelled and left my microphone aside.

 

«Who says we are kidding?» Kyumin raised an eyebrow.

 

«Ugh, don’t start fighting now! I’m taking a break, so as Hanbyul is thinking of what he is doing wrong.» Youngjun sighed and left his guitar aside.

«Wait, I’m coming, too.» Kwangyeon hurried to follow Youngjun. «Probably hyung needs his time.» he added, while leaving.

 

«You are not OK, huh?» I murmured and folded my arms on my chest.

 

«Ugh, hyung will be all whiny now. Because we scolded hiiiiiiim…» Kyumin put his tongue out and pulled Hyoseok from his drums. «I’m not staying to listen to his protesting.» he yelled and giggling with his best friend, they both left the room, too.

 

I huffed and rolled my eyes.

 

YAAH, are they kidding me?

 

These guys are crazy!

 

I didn’t do anything so as they are kidding or teasing me for anything! Why are they trolling me right now?

 

What did I do?

 

I scratched my head and looked at the door indecisively.

 

Should I follow them? They are just fooling around, anyway, right?

 

I sighed again and lowered my eyes.

 

No. I’m staying here.

 

I headed for the fluffy pillow, that is placed next to our big window and sat with boredom.

 

Could it be that I’m indeed bad today?

 

The truth is that the guys have been a little mad at me… Because so far I haven’t answered to Ivy.

 

But it’s none of their business.

 

Ugh, I know, they just want to help me out, but- honestly-  I don’t even know what is right. How do they know?

 

 

 I hugged my knees and rest my head on them.

 

The truth is that I miss Ivy…

 

I’m trying to fight it, but both my mind and body go crazy as soon as her image is crossing my thoughts.

 

Her pretty lips… Her big eyes… Her cute smile… Her laughter, her whining, her talking, her pouting, her everything.

 

Kyaaa X.x

 

God! I have to stop doing this!

 

I rubbed my forehead and eyes intensely.

 

I really have to stop doing this!

 

 

Oh, really.

 

I bit my lip and looked at the ceiling.

 

 

In a few days we are invited in a small music TV show. Here, in Japan.

 

The guys here are promoting us well.

 

We are all a bit nervous about it. We have never been so much exposed… But we have to get used to it, right?

 

It will probably be our everyday life sooner or later…

 

Maybe my friends are nervous about it and are letting it out on me…

 

Yes, that’s it probably.

 

Not very fair, though.

 

I got up, a little upset and was about to get out of the room, to scold them for being meannies to me, when the lights turned off.

 

What the…?

I naturally widened my eyes to distinguish things in the darkness.

 

Is this a black out?

 

Naah, the light from the streets is still coming in from the window.

 

I was about to hurry at the spot that door is supposed to be, but a bunch of voices surprised me and my friends appeared on the door, their faces lit weirdly by.. candles?

 

«Saeng il chukhahamnida,

 saeng il chukhahamnida,

saranghaneun BYULI,

saengil chukhahamnidaaaaa!»

 

I looked at them and the cake and them again and felt my eyes a bit wet.

 

«Hyung, make a wish before blowing the candles!» Hyoseok clapped his hands with his always cute and childish excitement.

 

I, not realising to the full yet the whole thing, remained looking at them like a complete idiot.

 

Lord, today it’s my birthday!

 

How on earth did I forget it?!

 

«Hyung! Your wish!» Kyumin yelled, laughing, and I blinked quickly.

 

«A wish…?» I raised an eyebrow and drew my breath.

 

«Yah, not aloud!» Youngjun giggled and pushed me gently.

 

«Yeah, yeah! I get it!» I giggled awkwardly, too and wiped my eyes.

 

«Oh, hyungie is crying!!» Kyumin exclaimed again.

 

I closed my eyes, still smiling, and drew my breath for one more time.

 

I wish…

 

Sssh. I can’t tell you what I wished, right?

 

I opened my eyes and blew the candles  with one shot.

 

«Happy Birthday, Byuli hyung!!!» Kyumin, Hyoseok and Kwangyeon exclaimed and -leaving the cake to Youngjun- jumped and hugged me.

 

We almost bumped our heads all together, but it’s OK. I can’t believe they’re so excited for my birthday.

This is the cutest birthday ever.

 

«Guys… Thank you so much… I… I can’t believe you actually remembered it, when even I forgot about it…» I hugged them back tightly, the emotion in my voice, choking me.

 

«Oh, hyung, you are silly…» Kwangyeon rubbed my head and headed to take the cake from Youngjun and place it on the small table in our practicing room.

 

 Youngjun looked at me with his usual straight face. I looked at him, too and smiled with gratitude.

 

 «Thank yo…» I was about to say, but my friend stopped me.

 

«I hope you will get what you deserve in life and be happy as ever. We, as much as we can can, will try to make you happy every day. Work hard to help us, huh? We didn’t have money for a gift, yet, but…» he said with the same face, looking at the floor and playing with his fingers.

 

He is always so awkward when it comes to words.

Even though he keeps on denying it, he is cute.

 

«This is the best gift, Jun.» I said simply and pointed at him and then at the rest of our fellows. «Our small, weird, crazy, funny family… in combination with the music and singing… is the best thing that could have happened to me. And thank you for being a part of it.»

 

Before I finished my word, Youngjun hugged me tightly and I hugged him back.

 

«Happy Birthday, buddy.» he said, his voice a little more emotional than before.

 

«Thank you, chingu.»

 

«Who’s partying without me???» Chusang appeared with a bunch of bags in his hands and a birthday hat on his head. «Hey, why didn’t you wait for me for the surprise?»

 

«We couldn’t wait. Jason was already pretty mad with us.» Youngjun moved his shoulders, while removing the candles from my cake.

 

«So, that’s why you were whining so much at me?»  I chuckled and hurried to my cake, too.

 

«No, you were kind of bad, really.» Kyumin put his tongue out, receiving a slap on the back of his neck by Youngjun.

«Enough with this joke, huh?»

«You are good actors, then.» I laughed and the others clapped with excitement.

«Hanbyul… happy Birthday, child!» Chusang patted my back and put on my head another birthday hat.

«Thank you, hyung. It means a lot that you all actually remembered it.» I smiled and shook hands with him.

«Hyung brought drinks and chips and… woaaaah!» Hyoseok started looking in the bags and shouting like a 5- year- old.

«What about our diet then?» Youngjun asked teasingly, Chusang acting innocent.

«What diet…? I don’t get what you mean.»

«Me? Oh, nothing.» Youngjun laughed and quickly served himself with cola.

 

 Some people from the stuff of our building got in, too, and hurried to wish me.

 

Wow, all these people caring for me… I don’t remember having more fun during any of my birthdays!

 

Akemi jumped towards me and hugged me.

 

«Happy birthday, Jason! I got you something, after your manager asked me to do so.» she smiled and offered me a bag.

«Ah… Thanks. It wasn’t necessary. All this party- stuff is more than great.» I got the bag in my hands with hesitance and opened it.

«You deserve the best of the gifts! I hope you like it!» she blushed and stood next to me.

 

Once looking in the bag, I discovered a small black box. I put it out and opened it.

 

Oh. A ring.

 

A pretty rockish ring.

 

I like it.

I don’t know if it should worry me that Akemi gave it to me.

 

Lol.

 

«Wow, thank you Akemi! It’s really nice! Totally my style! It seems expensive though…» I looked at it again.

«Oh, no, it’s not! I stayed in the budget of your manager- nim, so no worries!» she winked and pinched my cheek.

 

Yes, it’s true that Chusang bought to all of us a ring on our birthdays. Kyumin only remaining.

It’s kind of our family’s secret. Our family’s sacred object.

 

I like it a lot!

 

«Your cake, man!» I heard Kwangyeon’s voice and instantly turned, realising that he isn’t offering me any plate with cake, but- instead- his hand full of cream and chocolate on my face.

«YAAH!» I exclaimed, my right cheek with cake on it.

«C’mon, hyungie, that’s the tradition!» he laughed and applied some more on my other cheek.

I frowned and pouted, but Youngjun didn’t hesitate to take a photo of my mess.

 

«Yah, no need to film this!»

«Well, I do film it!» he put his tongue out and kept on filming me and my cake- face.

 

So, that’s a video. A photo isn’t enough.

 

«Aigoo, this will be ridiculous!» I protested again.

«Naah, you are cute!» Akemi exclaimed and patted my shoulder.

 

I frowned again and folded my arms on my chest, Youngjun zooming in my face.

 

«Lol, you don’t seem like you are enjoying this much.» he joked again.

«Aww, c’mon, stop filming meeee!» I whined.

 

«You will have to get used to it, Mr. Popular.»

 

Hey. Wait a minute! This voice is familiar.

 

I turned and faced Fumino on the door.

 

She looks out of this world, as usually.

 

«Fumi?» I murmured happily and she jumped to hug me.

«Happy Birthday!!!» she exclaimed and then quickly left me.

 

 Hyoseok is waiting her with his arms open.

 

Kekeke, they haven’t been together for a long time. Since we left Korea.

 

«Jagiii!!» Hyoseok acted cute immediately and buried his face in Fumi’s neck.

 

I knew she was in Japan- Ivy had told me- but I also knew she wasn’t coming to see us, so as she isn’t distracting our (well, especially Hyoseok’s XD) attention and concentration.

 

I’m glad that my birthday is a reason for all of us to be happy.

 

They are all smiling.

 

Well… I think I can smile, too.

 

With the cake still on my face, I put on my ring and hurried to join Kwangyeon and Kyumin in their drinking session.

 

 

Ivy’s POV

 

 

«Stop moving, idiot!»

«You stop pulling me like this!»

 

We keep on fighting with Nicko.

 

It’s not my problem that he can’t wear his T- shirt on his own!

It’s his stupid broken arm to blame!

 

«Yah, I’m looking forward to the moment that you will be doing this completely on your own again, get it?» I raised my tone, once his T- shirt went all the way down normally. «Thank God, we finished!» I lifted my hands to the skies, Nicko huffing with irony.

«Yeah, watch out, you got really tired, didn’t you?»

«Don’t be sarcastic, - head! I’m in a hurry today, OK?» I slapped his head and hurried to wear my shoes.

«And why are you in a hurry?» he raised an eyebrow.

«None of your business, mister.» I patted his back and headed for the door. «Get your keys, if you go out, OK? And call me if anything, ANYTHING happens, huh?» I smiled and he nodded with boredom, rolling his eyes.

«BYE SISTER!!» he waved his OK hand and I closed the door behind me.

 

I have to hurry to Zia unnie’s house. Gae In will be there, too!

 

Youngjun will be filming live the Birthday party they’ve prepared for Hanbyul.

 

It’s my beloved one’s birthday today~ My baby Hanbyul’s.

 

 

 

 

I rang unnie’s bell like crazy and she opened up with a surprised look in her eyes.

 

«Hey, easy! I can hear you, girl!» she giggled.

«Tell me that I’m not very late!» I exclaimed and she rolled her eyes.

«Of course not! Gae In just arrived, too. Cool down, dear.» she patted my head and let me in.

 

Gae In waved at me and winked.

 

«Come here, sit with us!» she chuckled and patted the place next to her on the sofa.

«I’m preparing bubble tea… Are you in, Ivy?» Zia asked and I quickly nodded.

 

Zia’s computer is , right on front of us and it’s totally as if we’re waiting something important.

 

 

Well, at least for me, it is important!

 

Unnie appeared with our ice teas and sat next to us.

 

I sighed loudly and bit my nail.

 

«Yah, don’t be nervous, girl!» Gae In laughed and rubbed my head.

 

«I’m trying!» I mumbled and scratched my head awkwardly.

 

«We will do something else, until Youngjun is calling us, OK?» Zia smiled and the TV on the Cartoon channel.

«Are you serious, unnie?» I laughed.

«Of course! Enjoy and don’t talk much!» she put her tongue out and took a ship of her tea.

 

 

Almost an hour passed, until Youngjun called us through Kakao Talk and his face appeared on the screen.

 

Omo… My heart is so happy, even with Youngjun and only!

 

He simply waved to us and then turned the camera around to start filming the party, acting as if he isn’t doing it live.

 

Oh. Here’s my Yeonnie and my Hyoseok.

 

Oh! And Kyumin! Eating chips and grinning at the camera!

 

Gae In just blushed and exclaimed: «My babyyyy!»

 

But. Where’s my baby?

 

«Your cake, man!»

Omo, Kwangyeon just applied cake on Hanbyul’s cheek!

 

OMO

Hanbyul! MY HANBYUL~

 

«Oh… I only exclaimed and bit my bottom lip.

«YAAH!»  Hanbyul is mad. Aw, no, don’t make my baby mad!

«C’mon, hyungie, that’s the tradition!»

 

Yeah… Sly Yeonnie. >.<

 

Hanbyul is now looking at the camera! He’s looking at us!

Oh, I blush already!

«Yah, no need to film this!»

«Well, I do film it!»

 

«Aw, my baby being his usual self…» Zia giggled and we all joined her.  

 

«Aigoo, this will be ridiculous!»

 «Well, my baby, too.» I moved my shoulders and the girls laughed again.

 

«Naah, you are cute!»

 

Hey.

That was said by a girl.

A cute girl.

 

«Lol, you don’t seem like you are enjoying this much.»

 

Ehm… Who is that girl?

 

«Aww, c’mon, stop filming meeee!»

 

It feels so… great to see him live. Even through a screen. I’ve missed him so much.

 

«You will have to get used to it, Mr. Popular.»

 

«YO, that’s our girl! Fuminoooo!» Gae In exclaimed and clapped her hands.

Lucky Fumino… She finally got to see them.

 

«Fumi?»

 

Aw, he’s so cute when he’s surprised! And he has cake on his face! He’s both cute and sweet! :3

 

«Happy Birthday!!!»  Fumino hugged Byuli and he hugged her back.

Then, she ran immediately to Hyoseok, who totally squeezed her in his hug.

 

«Jagiii!!» Hyoseok let out the cutest exclamation I’ve ever heard, making us all jealous.

 

«Aish, I want my oppa, too!» Gae In pouted and Zia blushed, nodding quickly.

 

«I kind of miss Youngjun, too, right now.» she covered her eyes with shyness.

 

They both looked at me.

 

«Well… I… I…» I was about to say something, but tears appeared in my eyes.

«Aw… Sweetie, c’mon, don’t cry! It’s our turn now.» Zia patted my back and smiled.

 

Ugh… I don’t know how this will develop…

 

 

 

Hanbyul’s POV

 

 

«Pass me the beer!» Hyoseok asked me, in between of kissing Fumino and I gave him a small can, smirking with his childish excitement for being with his girlfriend.

 

These two have made us all jealous, lol.

Really.

 

But the party is real fun! We are dancing, drinking and eating like crazy!

 

It’s so much fun!

 

It’s kind of a release from all the pressure of this late month~

 

My mind is freeeeee!

 

«Dance more, hyung!» Kyumin jumped crazily next to me and we both started laughing.

 

Even Chusang hyung is dancing. Yeah, this party was a chance for all of us to have fun and relax a little.

 

Thank God~ ^^

 

 

I felt a hand on my arm and only by looking at it, I realised it is Youngjun.

 

«Jun, aren’t you dancing?» I smiled.

 

«I do, but… some people want to talk to you.» he said seriously and pulled me to the balcony.

 

 Fumi also followed us and Youngjun his mobile, Zia and Gae In on his screen.

 

«HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!» they both yelled and clapped, wearing birthday hats and blowing whistles.

 

«Oh… God. Thank you girls!» I waved back and smiled.

 

«You’re welcomeee! Hope you are having fun! Take care and do have strength OK? You guys are meant to rock the world!!!» Zia noona said with excitement and winked.

 

«Thank you, thank you so much! We are having a lot of fun!» I assured her.

 

«Daebak! Here’s also someone else that wants to wish you…» Zia and Gae In got up from their seats and Ivy was pushed in the screen.

 

She looked at her pushers angrily and then looked at the camera with her huge, full of emotion eyes.

 

Ivy… OH GOD.

 

I just realised I’m all alone in the balcony.

 

Youngjun and Fumi left me with the mobile and two small paper bags and got inside again.

 

«Hi… Hi Hanbyul. Don’t think that I forgot your birthday… I didn’t send you a message, because I knew that the girls were doing this… So, I’ll say what I was planning to say in my message. So… Day 34th without you. It’s your birthday today… A day so important for you, especially after this crazy year, with the crazy changes and the crazy emotions and events and blah blah. I am so… so sad that I can’t be next to you this day… Anyways… I hope you are really having fun in your party… I want to wish you happy birthday; full of health, love, friendship, success and happiness. This is the most important for me… To know that you are doing well, in both mind and soul.»

 

She bowed her head and her voice cracked.

 

I’m no well without you, Ivy.

 

 

«Ah… this ended up ridiculous. Sorry. Do know that when I say I miss you… I mean it to the full. I miss you so much!» she covered her face with her hands and got up from her seat.

 

Oh.. what to do… I can’t speak, I’m so touched, that I can’t speak!

 

«I- Ivy…» I only managed to whisper.

 

«Happy Birthday, baby star…» was the last thing that I heard, before the connection was turned off.

 

 

 I remained breathless and slapped my forehead.

 

What am I even doing?

 

WHAT?

 

I sat on the floor and held my head in my hands.

 

Beyond feeling emotional… Beer from previously is making me dizzy.

 

Why I didn’t even say «THANK YOU»??

 

I’m such a…

 

UGH

 

Why did I freak out that much?

 

I slapped my forehead multiple times and growled.

 

I’m making Ivy sad!

 

Well… she made me, too.

 

But that doesn’t mean that I have to be mean, too!

 

Why am I so stupid?

 

«Hanbyul? God, why are you slapping yourself?» Akemi appeared on the balcony door and quickly approached me.

 

«Huh? Oh… Nothing. It’s just… I don’t feel very well…»

 

«Maybe… Maybe my company will make you feel better.» she smiled again and sat next to me.

 

«Naah… I- I don’t think so…» I moved my head and avoided to look at her.

 

«Let me try.» she smiled and I felt her breath right next to my lips. 

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hi guys! ^^ I updated! Hope you liked! Thank you for your endless support; the subscriptions, the comments and of course the views~^0^ Your opinion is always more than welcomed! :D Take care til next time! ^^ <3 Fighting!