A competition

"Byeol" means star

     Hanbyul's POV

 "OH, Youngheeya illo jom wabwa UH~noreul cheongeum bon sungan FEEL i wanjeon kkojhyeosseo..."

  Younghee?? How did she come in my mind now?

   Since I moved in Korea and met Ivy I've forgotten everything about her...

  And we didn't even sang that song, which I had written for her, during yesterday's practice... We have a long time to sing it, anyway.

   "OH Youngheeya nan jeongmal marya UH~..."

  I have to shut up. Seriously. If anyone gets in the classroom and hears me.... the most serious of my secrets will be revealed and I'm done. Actually, my studying is done.

  What you probably don't know about me, guys, is that I sing. That's my one and only passion in this life. In this boring nerd-life. That was actually my first link with my roommates.

  I moved in Korea from Brisbane, so as to join that school that I've currently enrolled, two years ago. I convinced my parents that is better to study here rather than Brisbane, since our plans were always to return back to Korea one day. My parents are still there working, after I promised that I won't stop studying for no reason to become a dentist. A good, well-paid dentist... Who will have enough money to marry Younghee and make a family with her... I'm thinking of it now and I feel like laughing really hard.

  The first year, I was staying with grandma and grandpa and -at the same time- I was trying not to leave aside the real reason I wanted to go back to Korea; that was to give a chance to myself in singing. I had always been singing; literally since I remember myself. But not in front of my parents. They always wanted me a dentist.

  And they are right. Maybe being a singer is not a proper work... That's why I HAVE TO GET in the university!

  Anyway, during that first year, without telling my parents, I visited a slightly unknown company, StarKim Entertainment. I wanted to test my skills. The guys there told me that I have a really nice voice but that my appearance . (They didn't say that literally, but that's what they meant... :P). Youngjun happened to pass from there while I was singing and stayed to listen to their words. Youngjun, Kyumin, Kwangyeon and Hyoseok were already trainees in StarKim back then; they were Led Apple. Youngjun the guitarist, Hyoseok the drummer, Kwangyeon the bassist and Kyumin rapper and vocalist. There were some former members,too. Two of them left for no obvious reason (they were older than us), a vocalist named I-OH got sick with Tuberculosis and stopped working (he's pretty fine now, however) and an amazing keyboard and rapper guy, named KeonU, left them too, as he also got sick with something; too much working or something like that. I spent some time with him, however, before he left and he was a pretty cool person.

  I keep on forgetting what I initially wanted to say... Ah, yes, of course.. So, Youngjun thought that they really needed a main vocalist and talked about me with the Head of the company. He said that with the remaining Led Apple's help I could become the ideal pop star, since I had the voice and the sense of good music. He added how much Led Apple needed a main vocalist, after all these ups and downs they'd been through and that we had enough time to get better, since their debut was programmed after all the boys were finishing school. That was two years then.

  And surprisingly they agreed on that. So, I officially became a Led Apple member and got to know the other boys. They were thinking of me as a studying weirdo at first, but we soon found out that we have uncountable things in common and most of all, our love for music.  It was a common decision of ours to move and live together, soon after we started cooperating. I explained everything to grandma and grandpa and they let me do whatever I wanted; they are always worried for me studying so much. My parents... I told them that I'm staying with my bestest friends to help them with their lessons 24/7. They protested, but I reminded to them that promises are promises. As for StarKim, they agreed with enthusiasm; they are even paying our rent. And as for the other boys... they were lucky; their parents knew everything about their dreams and were completely OK with their decisions.

  I was lucky, too, concering Led Apple. I explained to them everything about my parents and the necessity of my studying and they agreed to support me. We even set up that plan that we don't actually live together and that we don't have any contact with any company. They agreed on everyhting.... And that's another reason I absolutely adore them now.

  Yesterday we were practising for the first time after a loooong time. I enjoyed it a lot; it's a way to let my nerves out and be calm again for my studying. Maybe Youngjun mentioned "Youngheeya" and that's why it's stuck in my head now.

   "Hanbyul??"

  ~ I had to have shut up earlier... But it is the long break and I didn't expect that anyone would come in the classroom.

  I raised my head slowly and faced Ivy. She was looking for something in her bag and was looking at me smiling.

  "H-hi, Ivy..."

  "Were you singing??"

  "Me... nah, you don't call that singing....It was just murmuring..." I blushed and rubbed the back of my head.

  DON'T PANIC, BOY. DON'T PANIC.

 "You're so modest... For a murmuring... well, it was a nice murmuring!" she giggled, like a God-given fairy.

  "Have you prepared the exercises?" I changed topic, as soon as I was still able to do it.

 "Ah, yeap, of course! That's what I was about to give you! Here you go!" she handed me the papers.

  Wait~ On top of them there's a purple piece of paper, with  a blue ribbon. I didn't resist to my curiosity and read it.

  "Hey, yo, T.K, Happy Birthday!! Kekeke, Minwoo boy, you're becoming 17 today, aren't you? You're the cutest maknae of our class!! Wish you health, happiness, love, success in your plans and all your dreams to come true, bro! Love you a lot, baby!! And the small text I'd promised to write for yaaa:..."

  And a small text was following, seeming to be a literature one. A pretty well-written description of a nice place to hang out with your teen friends.

  "Ivy, that's not for me, I guess!" I shouted and she ran back.

  "Oh, yeap! Thankfully you noticed it!! It's the b-day card for T.K; he has his birthday today! You know... he's one of Rome's best friends."

  "You've written a literature text for him, too?"

  "Ah, yeap, I've promised to write that piece... He has always been dreaming of a place next to the sea, with a small fire and a guitar to hang out with his friends... And since I've lived similar moments, back in my country, it was easy to write something like that for him..." she blushed.

  "It's really well-written! Chinja, have you ever noticed that composition competition that is taking place every year, during this period?? I don't participate (I wouldn't call myself a... "dancing pen") but if you were participating... I'm sure you would have a chance to win!"

  She giggled, but... But I think she then gulped.

  "Nah, that's not for me... Children can't see me participating in such a thing..." she blushed.

  "But why?"

  That's a stupid question, you idiot. That's a stupid question!

   "You know... I can't... I can't care for school and lessons and school competitions and stuff... I just can't." she answered sadly.

  Noooo, I didn't mean to make her feel saaaaaaad! I'm a babo. BA-BO.

  "N-ne, sorry, I guess you're right... I'm really sorry. I just thought that I could help you in any way, if you wanted."

  "Nooo, no need to be sorry! You're really nice for thinking of me for those things..."

  (I'm not thinking of you just for those things, girl... Believe me... ToT)

  "But, you can still think about it... Right?"

  "Ne, but I don't promise anything..." she winked and added: "Thank you for being such a kind creature, Hanbyul. You really care for everyone in here... even for those who don't deserve it."

 And she bent.

 And kissed my cheek, before leaving the classroom.

 And I'm dead. Like completely.

 OMO-OMO-OMO.

!!!!!!!!!!!

  From all these idiots in here... I only care for you...

  I touched my cheek and felt it burning.

  Oh God, I'm in love.

 

     Ivy's POV

  I ran out of the classroom, with T.K's card and gift in my hands and supported my back against a wall.

  My breath is heavy and I feel reaaaaaally weird.

  Why the hell did I kiss Hanbyul?? Omo, Rome wouldn't be pleased at all.

  I guess... I guess I was touched by his caring for me... Yes, that must be it. That's all!

  And that competition... NO WAY!  I can't do that! My image... my image will be done then... Look, my hands are shaking with only thinking of it... NO WAY!

 

   I headed to find the others and met Kwangyeon, one of Hanbyul's roommates, in a hall. He waved kindly and I smiled, winking. I couldn't do anything more obvious, anyway. There were other children in the hall... But he didn't seem to realising that I was distant. I'm in a hurry, too!

   I found my "friends" and instantly jumped in T.K's hug, passing him his card and gift; he's a bit weird lately, but he is one of the kindest boys of Rome's company and I love him very much.

  "Happy Birthday, Minwooooo!" I shouted happily.

  "Thanks, gongju!" he smiled and looked at my card, widening his smile. "Thanks a lot, Ivy" he pinched my cheek and left a soft kiss there. 

 

"Hey, I'll get jealous!" Rome said and pulled me in his hug.

  Was he joking? Or was he serious??

  "C'mon, oppa, it's T.K's b-day!"

  "Ne, I know it."

  OK, I'm mad this moment. Since when Rome does what he wants with me and my behavour??

   I pushed him farther from the others and crossed my arms on my chest.

  "Are you serious? You'll get jealous?" I whispered intensely.

  "But I was jealous. I didn't lie."

  "What's wrong with you?" I became even more upset.

  "What? You're my girlfriend!" he hugged me.

  "Yes, but we both know why we started being together Rome! We liked each other from the first moment, but nothing more, at least from a moment and afterwards! We're one of the school's most famous couples! And we're maintaining that image with not being so "real" couple in reality... Now, what changed that in your mind??" I errupted.

 "You don't love me??"

  "What are you asking me now, oppa??"  I lifted my hands in despair.

  His embracement became tighter.

  "Ivy, I think I'm in love with you again..." he whispered and kissed me.

  "I don't..."

  I didn't manage to finish my word; he stopped me with his kiss.

  Aigoo... Why did these words made me so upset?? Why did they sound like trouble?

 

  From misschoi: Sorry, if this was boring guys... I vow for better things to come! ;) That was also Hanbyul's personal story, so it's kind of interesting. And we haven't said everything yet... ^_^  Thank you for subscribing and leaving comments! They make me really happy! Take care til next time~ ^_^ <3