The most important realisation

"Byeol" means star

Ivy’s POV

 

 

«Ani… I just wanted to ask you… if you want to go to the graduation ball with me.»

 

 I looked at Hanbyul and blinked uncountable times.

 

 My heart was excited as soon as I heard that we got rid of Younghee.

 

~Woops, I just became rude.

 

 

But now… This… this was too sudden! >o<

 

«Oh… I… I… Eh…» I started mumbling and grabbed a lock of my hair, twirling it around my finger.

 

Hanbyul blushed and rubbed the back of his neck, looking at the floor.

 

«It’s OK if you don’t wan…»

 

I mentally slapped and cursed myself. What the hell I’m thinking of?

 

As if someone pushed me, I hugged Hanbyul tightly.

 

«Of course I want to go to the ball with you!» I squeezed him in my hug.

 

 I felt him shaking a little in my arms. But, then, he hugged me back. And pretty tightly.

 Ou, that feels so nice.

 

«Ch- chinja?» he said slowly.

 

«Sure! Why not? It just sounds so great!» I gently moved away and clapped my hands.

 

 He avoided to look at me; I realised he must be feeling greatly nervous. It’s not a little thing for a guy like him to suggest such an idea to a girl like me.

  I gently capped his face and made him look at me.

 «Since you asked me… And I accepted… Please, don’t be so shy, huh?» I smiled at him and caressed his cheek.

 

 He closed his eyes and I felt his face burning under my hands.

 

I like it so much that I’m making him so nervous.

 

 

Am I a too bad girl? :3

 

 Oh, that’s it, I can’t help myself with so much cuteness…

 

 I got up on my toes and kissed his cheek; one, two, three times. I then closed my eyes, too and came closer to him.

 

And I kissed him right next to his lips.

 

He gasped and hugged me again, hiding his face in my neck.

 

Omo… He is so shy~ I think I’m gonna die from his aekyo.

 

To be honest, I was about to kiss his lips. I was THAT close to do that. But I held back… He’s the boy, after all. He should think of something by himself.

 

«Thank you so much…» I heard him whispering, his voice happy and a little shaky.

«No need to thank me! I want that, too! And I kind of… I kind of wanted you to ask me.» I said and looked at him, causing him to widen his eyes.

  He blushed again and removed his glasses to rub his face with his hands.

«I can’t believe that this is true…» he moved around the room nervously. «I’ve never been to any ball with any girl…» he finally looked at me and smiled.

 He was about to wear his glasses again, but I held him back.

«Stay a little like this. I want to be able to see your eyes clearly.» I held his hand and he looked at me again.

«Well, then the problem will be that I won’t be able to see you clearly…» he chuckled, causing laughter to me, too.

«You know my face, so there’s no problem with that.» I put my tongue out.

«And you know mine. And because I know yours, it doesn’t mean that I don’t want to see it (well, clearly) 24/7…» he said quietly, playing with his glasses in his hands.

 

 Oh… I guess that this was a compliment. SO CUTE~ ToT

«I know yours, that’s true. But without these glasses, it feels like it’s a new face.» I touched his cheek again, then slowly his nose, his eyebrows and finally his lips.

 He shivered and blushed.

 

~Woops… I made him shy/ freak out again. >.<

 

However, he wore his glasses and sat on his bed.

A little thoughtfully maybe, I followed him. And sat right next to him.

 

«Why so serious?» I raised an eyebrow.

«I wonder what happens when you tell Rome and the rest that we are going together…» he said sadly.

 I rolled my eyes and got up, hugging his head.

«Yah! Don’t think of it more than I do. And don’t constantly mention Rome… He… won’t bother, he won’t say anything. I know he won’t. And no one else will. I won’t allow them to do so.» I said with determination and smiled.

  He smiled back and nodded slowly.

«OK, then… Shall we start our lesson normally, now?»

 

 

 

Youngjun’s POV

 

 

 

«I can’t believe she actually agreed on going to the ball with you…» Kyumin chuckled and creeped next to Hanbyul.

 

 Hanbyul, pushed him, a little annoyed.

 

«Yah, what do you mean by that?» he raised his voice, but then smiled. «I actually can’t believe that either.» he giggled and Kyumin approached him again and hugged him.

 I am helping Kwangyeon to tune his bass and chewing my gum with much more excitement than usually. We are all gathered in Byuli’s room and I think we haven’t been so happy again. At least, all of us, at the same time.

«You’re a really lucky man, I can’t see what Ivy liked in you.» Kwangyeon said, pretending to be uninterested.

«YAH!» Hanbyul yelled- laughing at the same time- and pushed Kyumin, who rolled from the bed and fell on Kwangyeon and me.  «That was my revenge, idiot.» he put his tongue out.

  All the three of us looked at him angrily.

«Look, look at his stupid face.» Kwangyeon murmured and grabbed Hanbyul’s pillow, hitting him with it on his head.

  Hanbyul didn’t bother to grab a pillow, too, and hit Kwangyeon back, while Kyumin couldn’t be left out for sure.

  I sighed and rolled my eyes.

  Am I the dad/ mom in here?

 Hyoseok got in the room, too, with Byeol following him happily and looked at the fight, his jaw dropping. He turned to me with a question mark.

«What happened?» he asked, about to laugh.

  I moved my shoulders and Hyoseok jumped on the others, grabbing a stuffed animal, too, not possible for him to not join something stupid that the others are doing.

  For one more time, I rolled my eyes, but smiled.

  Lol, what am I doing with these people? These people that are even closer than family to me…

 I took a deep breath and got up.

 

 I know what you expect me to do; to tell them to stop.

 

 But, I’m so happy today that I’m simply joining them.

 

«Yah! Here! Have some slaps from a guitar hero!» I shouted, too, and jumped on Byuli’s bed, which made a weird sound, protesting because of the weight of 5 tall people.

 

«Youngjun hyung? You, too??» Kyumin mumbled, trying to escape from Hyoseok’s head lock.

«Why not?» I laughed, hitting with another stuffed animal, Hanbyul’s head.

  For a minute or something only funny sounds and giggles could be heard. Suddenly, my mobile rang and the fuss stopped abruptly.

«Ne? Oh… Hi, Zia noona…»

 

«OHHHHH!» the boys started shouting and I looked at them with deadly eyes.

 

«Shut up…» I whispered. «No, not you, noona!» I hurried to comfort her.

 

The others kept on giggling and yelling things, so I sighed.

 

«Look, noona, I’ll call you later on, OK? Yeah… Thank you. Bye.»

 

I hanged up and growled immediately.

 

«IDIOTS, WILL YOU SHUT UP?» I yelled.

«Omo, what a cold lover…» Hanbyul said with an annoying voice.

«YAH!» I yelled again and grabbed my stuffed animal, hitting all of them on their heads.

--

 

 Hanbyul and Kwangyeon are trying to do something called «cooking» in the kitchen, but I’m not very confident about it… We might need to order pizza again. Or ramen… Something anyway.

  Hyoseok and Kyumin are now all quiet, only laughing every now and then, watching a comedy on TV. I’m sitting next to them on the sofa, but I am not actually watching. I have some empty music sheets in front of me.

  A melody has been tickling my head all this day. And the feeling became stronger after… after all these with Zia noona and the rest of the company. It must be that positive breeze that is blowing among us.

  It’s for an electric guitar solo and drums. At least, that’s how I’m thinking of it right now.

  I wrote down some music notes and bit my pen.

 

Na-ha. That doesn’t work very well. I have to think of it more.

 

 I wrote a few more notes and bit again my pencil.

 

OK, that’s it, I’m stopping. It doesn’t work right now. Something is missing.

 I don’t know what. But I’ll find out. Soon.

 

I moved my nose.

«Something smells nice.» I said and got up.

«Surprisingly enough, I guess.» Kyumin chuckled.

  Heading for the kitchen, I saw Kwangyeon coming out.

 

«Our dinner is almost ready. Gonna have a shower before we eat.» he grinned and I patted his head.

 Once in the kitchen, I found Hanbyul pouring some soy sauce in the noodle soup. He seems so light, today.

 «Yo, Byeol boy.» I said and stood next to him.

«Oh… Yo, man!» he smiled, without looking at me.

«That smells good…» I bent over the boiling pot, but Byeol pushed me.

«Yah, we’re gonna eat later! As soon as Yeonnie is done, too, huh?»

 I put my hands in the air, acting innocent, even though I was already holding a spoon.

 Hanbyul rolled his eyes, but then smiled.

«Just wait a little, OK?» he added and patted my shoulder.

«It was a surprise, you guys cooking properly…» I put my tongue out, causing Byuli to slap my shoulder hardly.

«We are trying, huh?» he put his tongue out.

 I laughed and left my spoon on the table.

«Are we eating here? Or in the living room, to watch the movie, too?» I raised an eyebrow.

«I guess Hyoseok and Kyumin will want in front of the TV, so in the living room we will be fine. If any accident happens… it’s not my fault and I’m not cleaning up.» he moved his shoulders and I laughed again.

«Aish, OK, you, Mr. Clean Nerd! We will all be careful!» I yelled and giggled at the same time.

  He laughed, too, and kept on stirring.

 Yeah, the change of his mood… confidence? Whatever it is, it’s so obvious. >.<

 He would have punched me for calling him a «nerd», for sure.

 

«You seem so happy, Byuli.» I simply said and pulled a chair close to him.

He breathed happily.

«Yeah… How could I not be? Ivy agreeing on going to the ball with me is simply… magical. And I… I think that she was implying all the time that she… she likes me. I really wonder how I didn’t faint. I mean, man, she was hugging me and kissing me on my cheeks, even right next to my lips…» he blushed and touched his cheeks gently.

 

«Woaah, that’s daebak, really… Don’t you feel like a dream of yours came true?»

«Of course! More than dream, that’s paradise!» he exclaimed.

«What about Younghee then? That’s what I call good luck, huh?» I smirked.

«Ah ne… Chinja. I’m glad we could end this like this. It was beyond any expectation, but it happened!» he clapped his hands with happiness.

  I thought for a second and bit my lip.

«What about your parents then?» I raised an eyebrow.

 He looked at me with plain eyes, a shade of worry highlighting them.

«I… I don’t know… They are coming at the end of the week. Along with Younghee’s parents. She said she will help, too. She’ll tell them that she doesn’t want this marriage either. I’ll talk to them… probably about Ivy, too. I hope they will understand…» he sighed sadly.

  I shouldn’t have worried him about that… Whatever, he will have to face it soon.

I patted his back and messed with his hair.

«C’mon, be brave! Support your choices! Fighting, Byuli!» I made a «V» sign and pouted.

 

Hanbyul gasped and laughed.

 

«Omo, you pouted, you never pout! You really wanted to cheer me up!» he exclaimed and hugged me.

 

That was the purpose, after all. ^^

 

«Guys? I’m done with my shower.» Kwangyeon appeared on the kitchen’s door, drying his hair crazily with a towel.

«Yeah, OK, I’m serving the food.» Hanbyul smiled and turned to serve.

«I’ll help!» I exclaimed and brought out of the cupboard our bowls.

 

 

 

 A few minutes later, we were all seated on our sofa, eating our nice noodle soup.

 Yes, it is indeed tasty.

 And that movie is fun.

 

And Hanbyul didn’t study today.

 

And- tonight- almost all of us, have a relationship. Hanbyul is close to it.

 

It’s pretty unbelievable.

 

I’m so happy.

 

Tomorrow we have practice at StarKim.  I hope it will go as daebak as this day in general. Chinja.

 

 

 

 

 

Ivy’s POV

 

 

I am so so so so so happy.  I can’t believe that I… I was so close with Hanbyul…

 

It’s been two days that I accepted going to the graduation ball with him. I haven’t told anyone so far. I just keep on jumping happily around my house, even in school and everyone looks at me weirdly.

 

Lol, they might think that I have gone crazy.

 

But it’s OK.

What matters is that I’m happy. And I’m excited that I can say that.

 

 

I’m preparing to go outside. Just for a casual lemonade with Gae In and Fumino.

 By the way, Rome told me that Ray broke up with Hannah.

 

 He said he couldn’t stand not being able to communicate with his girlfriend.

 Ha. And he realised now? He isn’t better than Hannah, for sure. That guy disappointed me. He used to be much more considered. All of Rome’s friends. They weren’t always so silly, acting cool all the time. They were cool naturally. And that’s why hanging out with them was pleasant and made me cool, too. But this slowly changed. And that’s why my life had become a nightmare.

  Until… until a ray of light came into my routine… The source wasn’t the sun though. It was a star. My star. My Byuli.

  A nerdy star. Cute, sensitive, protective and caring.

 

Oh… I’m so happy that I fell for Hanbyul. That I have someone like him caring for me. And the other boys, my Led Apple. They proved my greatest support and were my only open hug in times of worry.

  I don’t remember how many times I thanked God for all these things, since the day before yesterday.

 

 AH~I feel so nice!

 

 Of course, going to the ball doesn’t mean that we are going steady. But it’s a good start for a guy like my Hanbyul.

 

I wonder what was the reaction of the rest of Led Apple after hearing this. We talked in school uncountable times, but they were kind of busy with their girlfriends, almost all of them, apart from Youngjun.

  He seems different lately, too, however. He is laughing much more easily and he is day dreaming a lot. With a stupid smile on his lips.

 Kwangyeon whispered something in my ear that he is in love.

 Lol, it’s pretty obvious. I just wonder who is the lucky girl.

 

 Because… If I wasn’t in love with Hanbyul… I might have been with Youngjun.

  I mean, he is so serious and smart, but cute and caring at the same time.

 

 He is good for a brother, for sure. I love him very much.

 

 I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs, whistling a melody.

 

I said goodbye to my mom and dad, who just returned from work and got outside.

 The weather is finally excellent. And the sun is setting later. So we can be safely out, without any worry.

 

My phone rang. «Yong Guk oppa», appeared on screen. My heart- as always- skipped a  beat.

 

«Anyeonghaseyo, oppa!» I answered happily.

«Wooo, my girl sounds happy.»

  I blushed only by hearing the words «my girl» by Yong Guk.

 As always, again.

 

«I am happy… Sorry for not coming yesterday, oppa. I really had to help my mom with the house cleaning.»

«Inchana, princess. No problem, at all. Look, anyway, I called you for «Good luck» for your exams. We… we are probably leaving for Japan, so the trainees are staying back.»

 

I sighed.

 

«Oh… What a shame… I really wanted to see you… It’s OK, though. Since, you are so busy. I might pass from the company tomorrow or the day after to practice a little. It will be weird without you around… But, anyway. Thank you for the good luck. I’m not too worried, though. I have other plans for the future. I just want that paper that will prove that I’ve finished highschool. And this… this Saturday… it’s that Literature competition, I’m taking part… I’ll definitely need luck for that.»

 

«Oh, yeah, of course! Good luck for that, too! I’m sure you’ll rock! You got it! You are amazing, anyway, my sweet girl. Have faith in yourself, huh?»

«Ne oppa. Thank you… And you… work well. Until we meet again, huh?»

«Yes, girl. Of course. It will be soon, after your exams. I promise. I’ll call you as soon as we are back. I couldn’t live long without your whining, anyway…» he chuckled.

«Aigoo, how nice of you!» I pouted.

«Hahaha, see? You are doing it again! But that’s why I love my chingu! If I were where you are I’d squeeze you now. Since I’m not, have my fighting, OK?»

«Thank you oppa… I love you, too! Take care!»

 

I hanged up and smiled as I deleted the call.

 My cute Yong Guk. He is all tough on stage, but he is so cute in real life.

 

Another really good friend.

 

Walking down the busy streets is refreshing.

 

I reached the meeting spot that we have agreed with the girls and immediately took my phone in my hands.

Aigoo, I don’t know what I’m waiting for…

Hanbyul is too busy with his studying to care for me right now.

And I really don’t want to bother him.

He’s probably trying hard to concentrate with all these musicians in his house.

Ugh, nerve wrecking, since he has to study. And Led Apple aren’t very quite lads, to be honest. Awww… they are all so cute.

I miss them already since this morning, at school.

I bit my nail.

I won’t calm down, unless I do it.

 

I decided to send a text to Hanbyul.

 

«Hi, little star…» I started typing.

 

Lol, what should I tell him…? Maybe… cheer him up or so?

 

«… I was just thinking of you and I wanted to tell you that I…»

 

… I love you?

 NO! NO! I can’t say that! How on earth did that cross my mind????

 

I deleted the last words and bit my nail again.

 

 

«It’s no good to bite your nails; how many times have I told you?»

 

I lifted my look and noticed Rome and T.K standing in front of me.

 

«Oh, hey!» I waved and hurried to hug them both.

 

Minwoo seems a little pale… Should I ask him?

 

«What are you doing?» Rome smiled.

«Fine. I’m waiting for the girls; Gae In and Fumi. We’re going to that new cafe. What about you?» I smiled back.

«We’re going to watch a football match at Kangjun’s. Pizza, beers and stuff. You can come if you want to. You know you are always welcomed.» Rome winked.

 I felt blushing a little. It’s like Rome is a brand- new person.

 

«Naaah, this is a boys’ night obviously. I have nothing to do with it!» I laughed, slapping a little his shoulder.

 T.K is too silent… Omo. What has happened?

He’s a good friend. I can’t stand him being like this.

 

«Minwoo… Are you OK, buddy?» I caressed his hair.

 He bowed his head and I realised he had blushed intensely.

 

«Well… Minwoo confessed something very difficult to me and he’s still a bit upset with it…» Rome rubbed the back of his head.

«What is it? Oh my God, is something wrong?» I panicked and hugged Minwoo.

 Rome grinned.

«I don’t think it’s wrong for you… It shouldn’t be for me either, since we are kind of not in a normal relationship right now…»

«What is it?» I gasped, not leaving Minwoo from my arms.

«It is…» Rome started saying, but Minwoo, escaping from my embracement, closed his mouth with his hand.

«I’ll say it, OK??» he yelled.

 All this have made me worry. What is going on??

«Minwoo… what is it?» I whispered.

 He didn’t dare to look at me and he started playing with his fingers.

«You are scaring me! Say it!» I gently pushed him.

«I just confessed to Rome that I… I like you. I always did. As soon as you started dating him… I was just… just so embarrassed and scared to say it either to you or Rome… I didn’t want him to think that I’m going to betray him and I was afraid that you would reject me for sure and then not wanting to be friends with me anymore. I am sorry…» he bowed.

 

My jaw dropped to the floor.

T.K liking me? I thought we were just two good friends… Omo… How should I handle that?

 

My heart pinched me… His cute eyes were blur and his cheeks so red, before he bowed his head.

 

Awww~

 

I extended a shaking hand and caressed his hair once again.

 

I then looked at Rome and moved my hand.

 

«I told him that he shouldn’t worry about it.» he said quietly. «And I was sure that you wouldn’t stop being friends with him. That was his greatest fear.» he smiled and patted T.K’s head.

 

I took a deep breath and smiled, too.

 

I hugged Minwoo again. Tightly.

 

«There’s no need to feel sorry, my cute friend! I am sorry that I don’t feel the same exactly, my Minwoo… You know how much I love you, don’t you? And- believe me- I’ll never stop being friends with you. We are friends for so long! So, cutie, don’t be shy! Don’t you see that both me and Rome are totally fine?» I touched his cheeks and he finally looked at me.

  He slightly smiled.

 

«Thank you, Ivy. I swear that I’ll try to get over it and be the very best friend you could ever have.» he whispered.

«You already are, really.» I pinched his nose gently and he chuckled.

 

«I’m glad you finally know that about that, too.» Rome sighed with relief.

«You should have told me immediately.» I patted his shoulder.

 

«Hey… What a company is this?» Gae In’s voice was heard.

 We all turned and faced my two friends.

 

I jumped in their hugs and the two boys waved with happiness.

 

«Haha, we kind of all met up here.» I put my tongue out, giggling.

 

«Yeah, obviously… Boys, where are you going?» Fumi asked with her spirit- like voice.

 

 My phone rang again.

 

Ugh, what is going with this thing today?

 

Oh, I haven’t finished my message to Hanbyul, yet~

 

What the … My cousin is calling me…

 

«Ne? Christina? What is going on? You couldn’t wait until Skype time? What?... WHAT? No… you are kidding me, right? This can’t be true… How did you find out?? OMG, no! Forget it! I don’t care! That’s ! Total ! That’s ruining all of my plans! ! Omo… Anyway…Thank you for calling me.. Yeah, I’ll try… Bye.»

 

 I hanged up. My hands are shaking so much.

 

How the did that happen???

 

Rome approached me and held my arm.

 

«You are so pale! What happened?» he asked me, shaking me a little to «wake me up».

  My thoughts are rushing in my mind like crazy….

  I have promised to myself to be Ivy and only. Acting the whole time made me miserable and nothing else.

But now… How? How am I solving this out?

 I felt tears cutting my eyes painfully.

 

There’s a solution… A really mean solution…

 

But how I’m gonna tell Hanbyul?

 

«Ivy! What’s wrong?» Rome shook me again.

 

«I have to tell you something…» I murmured, as a tear ran down on my cheek and I pulled his arm, dragging him away from the others.

 

I looked at the screen of my mobile and deleted my message to Hanbyul.

 

I have to write it again.

 

 

 

 

Hanbyul’s POV

 

 

 The practice yesterday was very- very tiring. We hardly were able to rech our house and then collapsed in our beds, still with our clothes on.

 

However, the pleasant thing is that it was a total success. Chusang and our boss, who was present this time, were completely satisfied.

And that was the best reward.

Youngjun was funny, though. He was constantly afraid that Chusang and the boss would realise anything about him and Zia noona. Aigoo… How could they? That couple couldn’t be a couple in anyone’s imagination, with all these fights they used to have!

 

Anyway… I laughed a lot.

 

Today, I have all my time to study. I can’t believe that we’re so close to the exams. But what can change now, right? I am just ready for what I was programming all these years. «Ready»… «Ready» is actually a big word to say.  

  I am physically ready. I don’t know if I’m mentally, too, though.

 

 

Kwangyeon got into my room, without knocking and started looking for something around.

 

«Yah, couldn’t you knock before invading?» I lifted my head from my book.

 

 Kwangyeon didn’t answer and kept pulling pillows and books, still looking for that unknown thing.

 

«Hey!! I’m talking to you! What’s wrong??» I yelled.

«I can’t find my mobile…»

«And why should it be here?» I raised an eyebrow.

 Kwangyeon rolled his eyes.

«You have a poor memory, don’t you? Didn’t I sleep here for noon?»

 

  I slapped my forehead. Of course he did. He was right next to me, sending texts to Hye Mi and giggling like an idiot. I managed to sleep before him, so I didn’t quite remember the whole thing.

 

«And you are a total butthead! Why don’t you call your number with my/ Youngjun’s/ Kyumin’s/ Hyoseok’s mobile?» I moved my hands.

 Kwangyeon stopped searching and smiled.

«Woaaaah, that’s right!» he snapped his fingers and it was my turn to roll my eyes.

 I gave him my mobile and he dialed his number in a not human speed. He’s good at typing, anyway.

  The sound came from under my bed, where Kwangyeon kneeled and disappeared almost fully under it.

 «Ah, here it is!» I heard his happy voice and he came out again, holding it proudly.

«What on earth was that doing under my bed?» I asked, widening my eyes.

 Kwangyeon giggled and handed me my phone back.

«I must have dropped, when I fell asleep.» he rubbed his head cutely and sat on my bed. «I have to delete some stuff, you know. I have very little memory left for new songs.»

«Then, do it.» I moved my shoulders and returned to my book.

 

 Kwangyeon isn’t very understanding when it comes to me, studying, so it came out that he started playing all the videos he had in his mobile, to find out which one to delete.

 

«Do you really have to do that here??» I raised the tone of my voice.

«But the others are still sleeping!» he whined.

«And I am studying!»

 

  Suddenly, a familiar sound and endless giggles were heard.

  «Expect me» by Girls’ Day was heard.

 

OMOO, that damn day that we had firstly met Zia noona… Were they filming it?!

 «Aigoo! Give that to me!» I yelled and grabbed the mobile from Yeonnie’s hands.

  I pressed the «Pause» button and looked at him strictly.

 

  All of a sudden, the bell rang and Kwangyeon got up, as if being hit by electricity.

«It might be Hye Mi!» he said happily and disappeared.

I sighed. What am I going to do with this boy… With every boy in this house, actually! Only Youngjun isn’t causing trouble.

 

 I took a look at the screen of the mobile and naturally smiled with the sight.

 That day had been so tiring but so fun, too. I might want to watch that, eventually.

 

I pushed the «Play» button and started watching. And laughing immediately. XD

 

The music and our laughters were a defeaning combination. But, OK.

 

 However, something else caught my attention… Is Youngjun talking? With Zia noona? In the video…

 

«…Hanbyul is much livelier than anyone would expect him to be…»

That’s Zia.

 «…You considered him a boring nerd from the very first moment, right?»

Aaand that’s Youngjun.

 I hope he didn’t make her feel bad, back then.

«It wasn’t only my fault… Mr Chusang had kind of brain- washed me. I mean… I expected a literally zero person but I…»

 

Zero person? Aigoo… Chusang isn’t promoting me very well.

 «I don’t blame you, no need to justify yourself…Hanbyul isn’t the typical meant-to-be idol, huh?»

So, I’m not… Huh?

  «…Eeehm, I guess so… I haven’t seen any other trainee wearing huge myopia glasses, ajussi clothes, without his ears pierced and his hair dyed… Is he going to be like this on… on debut time?»

 

Youngjun didn’t answer immediately. Why is this making me nervous?

  

«…I don’t know if Hanbyul will be here on debut time.»

 

Ouch… OUCH!

 

If you heard a cracking sound… That was my heart breaking!

 

Tears appeared naturally in my eyes. He doesn’t know??

 

What is this about??

 

Omo, my hands are shaking.

 

The video ended as soon as we all started kicking and pushing each other on the floor.

 They might have said more things. More interesting things.

 That I don’t know. And would never find out.

 

 My heart hurts so much…

 

 Kwangyeon got in my room again and looked at me weirdly.

 

«Byuli hyung? Are you crying? What happened?» he gasped and came closer to me.

«Nothing.» I said and gave him his mobile back.

I tried to wipe my tears and got up with determination.

 

«Who was on the door?» I asked, trying to control my feelings.

 

«Not «was». «Is». It’s your parents.» he patted my back with a sympathetic look and I widened my eyes.

 

Already??

 

I rushed downstairs and found them sitting on the sofa.

 

I haven’t seen them since the past summer.

 

«Jason Jang Hanbyul.» my father got up and looked at me strictly.

 Same did my mom, who widened her eyes as soon as she noticed my dyed hair.

 Omo, that’s not the right time!!

«Oma… Appeoji.» I bowed in front of them.

«Come here…» my mom said emotionlessly.

 I approached her slowly and with hesitance.

 

 Expecting a great scolding, I was completely taken aback, when they both hugged me.

 

 «I missed you, my son.» mom murmured and I hugged her back.

«I missed you, too…» I whispered, more tears flowing now from my eyes.

 I feel weak with all these things happening.

 

 That emotional moment went on for a few minutes. I then asked my parents to sit again and offered some juice to them.

 

«For 5 boys living on your own… You preserve the place perfectly.» mom smiled.

«Yeah… We are working hard on it.» I smiled back.

«So, where are the rest of your roommates?» dad raised an eyebrow.

I bit my nail.

 

«Ehm… You met Kwangyeon… The others are still sleeping. They are having a hard time with their….»

Lol, don’t say practice, idiot!

 

«With their studying.» I grinned and drank a little of my juice.

 

 My parents seemed satisfied with that answer.

 

«It’s time to talk about the most important issue of these days, son, OK?» dad asked.

 I felt sweating.

«And… what is this?» I asked back.

«But your wedding with Younghee, of course.» he moved his shoulders and I gulped.

«Dad… I talked about it with Younghee noona and we both don’t want that. So, please…» I said, without looking at him.

«I know that!» he interrupted me. «We talked with Younghee. We and her parents. And she’s already programming her wedding with the guy she wanted. So, as you realise, there’s nothing to say «Please» about…» my dad smirked.

I sighed with great relief.

 

«Thank you, appeoji.» I bowed my head again.

 

«Now for your exams…» mom started. «Do your best Mr. Jang. Because Younghee’s dad still wants to co- operate with you, as soon as you get your diploma in dentistry. You hear me?»

 

 I heard her, but my attention was on the message that I just received from Ivy.

 

«Can you come out for a minute? I have to tell you something…»

 

Na-ha. I don’t like that either.

 

«Jason!»

«Huh? Oh, yes, I’m sorry, mom. I heard what you said… Can we talk about it later on? I have to go out for a sec..»

 

 My mom was about to protest, but my dad showed me the door.

 

«Do your job, son.» he said and I bowed, before rushing outside.

 

 I got out and closed the door behind me.

 

Ivy is standing on the pavement. Her eyes seem so sad.

 

What happened again? :O

 

«Hey…» I gently patted her shoulder and smiled.

 She turned to look at me, a little startled, and hugged me tightly.

 

«Hanbyul…» she said, her voice cracking.

«What? What happened?» I hurried to hug her back, but -as soon as I did- she gently pulled back.

«My cousin called me… She wanted to tell me something unbelievable…» she bowed her head.

«What? Oh God, say it! Don’t make me worry that much!» I grabbed her from her arms.

«She called me to tell me that… An old enemy of mine… The person that has hurt me the most in my past, in my country… He is coming here, in Korea, with his Tae Kwon Do team for a series of matches… They have received many awards and that’s why… You won’t believe it… They even have a visit in our school on their scedule… Since our Tae Kwon Do team is famous, too… Our headmaster even invited them to the ball; to the graduation ball… Hanbyul, I…» she dared to look at me, her eyes full of tears.

 I don’t get where she wants to end up…

«What’s the problem, then… You are a fantastic girl… He’s gonna see you and his jaw will drop to the floor…» I tried to smile.

«The problem is that I wanted him to see me with Rome… You know… because he’s the athletic and popular guy… That would be the ideal revenge… I know, we are not normally in a relationship with Rome… but I explained to him and he’s OK…»

 No… No, she doesn’t really mean what she says…

 

«What do you mean?» I half- closed my eyes.

 

«I mean… Only for the ball… Rome and I have to be a couple again. And go together…» she said, a sob cutting her words.

 

How many strikes can my heart stand?

 

 Ivy is embarrassed of me. She doesn’t want me to be with her in the ball… Because that guy might even laugh with my sight… Ah… I feel like I’m going to have a brain explosion… My heart… it hurts so bad. The girl that I like is ing embarrassed of me!!!

 

I looked at her, not able to hold my tears in.

 

«I understand…» I manage to say.

«No! You don’t! I swear to God that as soon as that night will be done, I’ll be done with Rome, too! I swear!» she shouted, grabbing my wrists.

«No need for excuses…» I moved my head. «I understand…» I said again, before my sobs choked me.

«Hanbyul… I’m only thinking of you! I swear that after that night… You and I…» she tried to make me look at her.

«It’s OK! Now, go!» I said and pulled my wrists from her hands.

«Don’t do that to me… Please…» she cried even more and came closer to me.

«I don’t do anything! I said it’s OK!» I yelled, without looking at her.

  I heard her crying getting louder.

 And her steps slowly fading away.

 

 My head is empty. My heart is empty.

 

People are embarrassed of me. Youngjun, Chusang, Led Apple in general, probably. Now, Ivy, too.

 

 I sat on the last step of our stairs and started crying all these feelings that I have in my soul. I am so hurt.

 

Why the I am just the person that my parents want?

 

WHY?

 

I am a reason for people to be embarrassed. For people that I love and can’t live without them.

 

Just because I am being nice… That doesn’t mean that I don’t get mad or sad. And now I’m both of these.

  Behind the tears… I feel anger boiling.

 

 Who is Hanbyul…?

 

I am probably going to find out now, too.

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hi people! I am late again, I'm so sorry! =_= Anyway, hope you liked our update~^^ Thank you for your subscriptions, views and comments! You are all amazing! Really! <3 Your opinion is always welcomed! Take care 'til next time, OK? =D