Beautiful Seoul

"Byeol" means star

  Hanbyul’s POV

  

 We entered StarKim’s building and headed for the elevator, which will lead us to the fourth floor; that is actually StarKim’s place… And that thing seems more pathetic than any other day today…

  We got in, completely speechless, until Youngjun turned abruptly to get his mobile from his left pocket with his right hand (with his left one he is holding a plastic cup of coffee) and  hit me (what a weird thing after such a crazy maneuver  =.=) with his guitar, which is hanging from his back, as usually.

  «Ouch!» I exclamed and rubbed my arm.

  «Sorry, Byeol boy!» he smiled with silliness.

  «Ugh, I hate this elevator!» I murmured and slightly kicked the door.

   OK, yes, this moment I hate almost everything; I’m mad for losing a lesson with Ivy and- of course- for losing time from my studying! But, noooo, no, nooo~ I’m not letting them celebrate that I didn’t do what I wanted today; that’s why Biology is here- with me- to be studied under any condition!

  «It’s Chusang, I’m not answering… And Byeol, please cut the whining off.» Youngjun said and pushed us all out of the elevator.

  Chusang is nowhere to be seen at the entrance, so we walked towards our practice studio; hmmm… a pleasant female perfume smells all around the place.

  «It smells woman here…» Kwangyeon moved his nose funnily, like a dog looking for his food.

   Youngjun slightly slapped him at the back of his head and moved on.

 «Don’t be ridiculous! And don’t behave like this, because there’s indeed a woman in there, got it?»

  Kyumin and Hyoseok giggled and I puffed; we’ re such idiots every now and then!

  Youngjun’s mobile rang again and he cursed.

  «WE’RE HERE!» he shouted and opened the door of our studio abruptly.

  We got in the room- obviously mad- and indeed Chusang is here, with his mobile on his ear.

  «Ah, boys, finally! You shouldn’t make our guest wait!» he moved his hands intensely.

  «Yah, stop whining hyu…»

  Kyumin didn’t manage to finish his protesting. A cute girl appeared- behind our hyung- smiling. She’s relatively close to our height and is wearing a bubbly white dress, with thick, pink leggings, while her hair is long and straight, dyed light brown and bangs are caressing her forehead. She waved happily and we all bowed.

  «Anyeonghaseyo, Led Apple! Zia imnida!» she bowed, too, and smiled again.

  «Anyeonghaseyo, Led Apple imnida!» we yelled in chorus.

  We then introduced ourselves separately and I was really surprised to see – you wouldn’t believe who- Kyumin mumbling and blushing as he was stating his name and his position in the group.

   ~Where’s Kwangyeon to sniff the air again? He would discover interesting things, I think… :P (He actually started tuning his bass again, so he isn’t paying attention at all…) Youngjun, however, looked at me and winked, putting his tongue out. OK, I wasn’t the only one to notice.

   As we were preparing our equipment for the practice, Zia kept on talking quietly with Chusang. I couldn’t hear what were they saying, but Chusang was talking as if explaining something and Zia was calmly moving her head, secretly looking at us every now and then.

    Then, all of sudden, she came straight to me. Tilting her head, she looked at my opened Biology books and smiled.

 ~ I just noticed that her face is a bit weird: she has big eyes, tiny coral lips and a nose that you wouldn’t easily call discreet… Yes, the problem is her nose; It  doesn’t fit with the rest of her face.

  I looked at her and faked a smile; she probably thinks that I’m a studying weirdo, too.

 «You’re the singer, right?» she asked.

 «Ehem… yes, you can say so…» I smirked, pushing my glasses backwards. «We’re co-operating for a song, right?»

  She giggled.

  «Ne, indeed. Actually, I haven’t decided if I’m finally doing this; I haven’t ever heard you guys. LOEN made the suggestion, since they’re supporting the production of your first album»

  I frowned; If there’s one thing that I’m confident about is my voice and my friends’ talent (OK, beyond my ability in studying~)

  «We haven’t decided if we’re doing it either…» I said and looked at her straightforwardly.

  She lowered her eyes; If I was rude, for this time, I don’t care. She was provocative first.

 Well, OK, I don’t feel that nice.

 «But I’ve heard that you’re a really good singer…» I added, smiling.

  She seemed satisfied with that addition and slightly bowed.

  «So, that’s Biology?» she pointed at my books.

  «Ne, I have to finish studying this chapter today…» I murmured and looked at my notebook.

  «Nah, don’t pay that much attention to these things… As a singer you won’t have to remember almost any of these…» she chuckled.

  I puffed.

  «I need everything for University…»

  Zia seemed surprised.

  «You’ll study music at University?»

  «Aniyo… I wanna study dentistry.»

  «So, you wanna be a dentist or a singer?» she asked, widening her eyes.

  I… I don’t really know the answer to that question!

  I half-opened my mouth, but no  voice came out. Zia kept looking at me… Awkward. AWKWARD!

  «Let’s start!» Youngjun clapped his hands.

  HE SAVED ME!

  We moved to our microphones and Zia stood in front of us, crossing her arms on her chest. Kyumin patted his microphone to check if it is and- after confirming it- smiled at Zia.

 «Are we oppas for you, Zia-sshi?» he asked.

 AHA! Kyumin  is being really- really suspicious… :P

 «Oh, no, I don’t think so! I think I’m a noona to all of you, guys.»

  «Zia noonaaaaa!» Hyoseok yelled happily and lifted his hand, holding his drumstick.

  Zia giggled and Chusang clapped his hands.

   «Can we finally start, boys?» he yelled and we took our serious expressions. «Which song are you playing for Zia to watch you?»

  «Time is is up?» I moved my shoulders.

  «Na; If Zia finally singing with you, it will be a ballad. Sing something more… more…»

  «Ballad?» Youngjun puffed with boredom and I couldn’t hold in a giggle.

  Chusang simply moved his head and we looked at each other; which ballad have we practised lately?

  Not a single one, obviously~ XD

   «OK, I can see that the main reason we are doing this is for Zia to listen to mine and Kyumin’s voice; otherwise, the rest of Led Apple don’t need ballads to show off their talent. So, can I sing «Talking to The Moon» to get over with that test?» I asked, raising my eyebrows.

 « And I’ll sing something else, arasso?» Kyumin added.

  «And in the end we can play «Time is up» or «Run To You», OK?» Youngjun moved his head and Chusang had no reason to say «no».

  I did my best in «Talking to The Moon»; I really want to make Zia admire us all.

  And I think I achieved it; are… are her eyes… blur?

 And Chusang smiled proudly for me? Oulala, that’s a success, Hanbyul!

  «That’s our Hanbyul…» he murmured and I felt a hand patting my head; it was Youngjun’s.

  Kyumin followed and sang Jason Mraz’s «Lucky», asking me to do the vocals (Thankfully, he chose a song that I knew, too! ToT). And then, Zia seemed really satisfied.

  «Time is up or RunTo You?» Hyoseok asked.

  Chusang moved his shoulders.

  «Time is up» Youngjun said with determination.

  Let’s rock them! HA!

 

 

 

  Youngjun’s POV

 It’s been three hours that we’re practising with Zia. I think that Chusang forgot that we’re actually humans; He’s enjoying our efforts, as he’s nervous to achieve Zia’s (and obviously LOEN’s, too) approval.

  But my fingers hurt me;

  And Kwangyeon’s wrist just made a «crack» sound;

 Hyoseok is doing circular moves to relax his shoulders;

  Kyumin and Hanbyul are discreetly touching their necks. I can really imagine how sore their throats must be.

  Instead, Zia seems pretty greedy, willing to sing even more; she enjoyed the co-operation with us. And- to be sincere- she’s really talented, with a voice that seems to be coming from heavens and angels. So, we’re going to enjoy the co-operation with her, too…

  Chusang looked at us and smiled.

  «So, what’s next?» he clapped his hands with excitement.

  «MUEOS?» I gasped.

  «What are you performing next?»

  He must be pretending to be an idiot, right? Otherwise, I can’t accept that he’s such a silly person!

  Zia was about to open her tiny mouth to answer positively, but- thank God- I did it before her.

  «Nothing.» I moved my shoulders.

  «Aaaah, waeee?» Chusang whined, but my strict look was enough to make him shut up.

  «What «wae», hyung?! My fingers hurt me, OK? And- anyway- we’re singing just a song with Zia, not the whole album right?» I shouted and- thankfully- the rest of my gang hurried to nod positively.

  Zia agreed that we should stop (even though she didn’t seem to do it  willingly…) and we started packing our stuff to go, while Chusang left us for a while, to lock his office; It’s already ten o’clock at night and-obviously- no one is in the mood to stay more in here.

  I yawned.

 What a tiring day~

 

  But we managed to keep Hanbyul away from his damn books. And he seemed to enjoy the whole practicing today. Thankfully, because I think he had decided to be bitter and grumpy (for losing a lesson with Ivy); But… I knew that singing relaxes him and I was right: he’s completely calm now.

  Hyoseok the radio and «Expectation» by Girl’s Day filled our practice studio. Kyumin and Byeol boy looked at each other and started laughing.

 …Oh man… we’re going to be so embarassed to Zia!

  The refrain came and my fears became true; standing next to each other, they started imitating the choreography…

  Someone to hide me, please? PLEASE!

  Hyoseok hurried to join them (what a surprise…) and I to cover my face with my hands. Kwangyeon came next to me and was laughing loudly, pushing me from time to time.

 «Film Jason, please!» he passed me his mobile and- still laughing-  joined them.

  I puffed and pushed the button to start the filming, not able to hold in a giggle; OK… yes, I enjoy our idiocy, but it could be less… public.

  Byeol Byeol- not noticing that I’m filming him- is actually having a great time and the sly maknae is provoking him to go on with the dancing. Kwangyeon is in the plague, too, and Hyoseok is happy like Byeol (yes,you’re right, Hyoseok coulnd’t be anything else~)

  I felt someone by my side but didn’t turn (I have to accept that I’m laughing more and more…).

  «Hanbyul is much livelier than anyone would expect him to be…»

  That was Zia’s voice. I didn’t turn (again), nor answer.

  Yes… Now, that she’s saying it… It’s like someone pushed a button and my eyes opened widely. Hanbyul is having F-U-N! Hanbyul is dancing and making fun of himself! Hanbyul is being (for a while, at least) an eighteen-year-old young man, doing silly things with his friends!

  Chusang isn’t here to see this… To see that my suggestion has many more chances to succeed than something more abrupt. Music, love, friendship… they can wake up the intense feelings of youth in my chingu’s heart; can’t they?

  I looked at Zia for the first time after she came and stood next to me. Unconsciously, I smiled.

  «You considered him a boring nerd from the very first moment, right?» I asked.

  Zia blushed, but nodded.

 «It wasn’t only my fault… Mr Chusang had kind of brain- washed me. I mean… I expected a literally zero person but I…»

  «I don’t blame you, no need to justify yourself.» I said and returned to the amusing view. «Hanbyul isn’t the typical meant-to-be idol, huh?»

  «Eeehm, I guess so… I haven’t seen any other trainee wearing huge miopsy glasses, ajussi clothes, without his ears pierced and his hair dyed… Is he going to be like this on… on debut time?»

  I drew my breath.

 «I don’t know if Hanbyul will be here on debut time.» I said and Zia gasped.

  That moment exactly, Kyumin pointed at me, filming, and Hanbyul yelled and tried to run towards me, but Kwangyeon and Kyumin held him from his arms and they started pushing each other, ending up on the floor giggling endlessly. Hyoseok bent over them, trying to stop them, but- after receiving a kick accidentally on his shoulder- he let out a cry and jumped on them, joining the fight.

  I covered my face (for one more time) and hurried to stop the video, but Zia laughed, too.

  «What did you mean by that thing you said?» she wondered, ignoring the fight.

  «If Hanbyul doesn’t decide to change… Chusang told me that he has to change to be with us… Otherwise, as far as I could understand, he will be «fired». And that means that he won’t be with us on debut time. Or that there won’t be any debut time, because Led Apple without a main vocalist can’t exist and- as a result- nor debut of course…»

  «That’s a really tough thing to be said by Chusang…»

  «It’s not only Chusang’s fault; the truth is that Hanbyul hasn’t decided what he really wants to be- singer or dentist. The crucial question is this and only.»

  Zia looked deeper in my eyes; Grrr… What does she want?!

  «And you are a little tough with your buddy. And he’s so… so talented.»

  «It’s not much of your business, but if you really want to know, I am not tough. I care for my dongsaengs a lot, because… beyond working partners we’re best friends, too.»

  «You can show it more often, you know… And, don’t lie to me… I can see it, you care for work more than you do for your friends. And poor Hanbyul seems… seems so confused… But he has a weapon than can’t be compared… A voice, an angelic voice. I’m charmed, completely charmed.»

  I frowned and thought of a lot of bad answers to give her, but didn’t say anything; My friends, stopping the fight, approached me. Kwangyeon extended his hand and I passed him his mobile back, before Hanbyul could check the video and delete it.

  «Ah, I hadn’t laughed so much for a long time…» Kyumin rubbed his belly.

  «We’re good dancers, aren’t we?» Kwangyeon gave a thumbs up to Zia and she nodded quickly.

  «Minah is so hot!» Hyoseok exclaimed and raised his hands upwards, like a desperate anime.

  «Neeee!» Kyumin widened his eyes, but- as soon as Zia looked at him- he blushed and reduced his excitement.

  «Kaja?»

  We all turned to see our hyung, moving the keys, signaling that it’s time to go.

   The moments that passed after we said «good night» to Chusang hyung and  Zia and we started walking towards our house, flew like birds; I can’t stop thinking of Zia’s words.

 

 

  Am I not a caring hyung? Am I not a good chingu?

 

 

  «Zia is really talented…» Hanbyul said.

  «Ne. And pretty.» Kyumin agreed and we all looked at him.

   «Haaaaaaaa!» Kwangyeon exclaimed and started tickling Kyumin.

  «Someone likes noonaaaaaaaa!» Hyoseokkie joined the sly teasing.

  «Aniiiii, I just…» Kyumin tried to defend himself, but it was too late.

  Me and Hanbyul laughed, but I didn’t manage to hold in a bad comment.

  The night is cold, but somehow sweet. That steam-like cloud is coming out of our mouths, when we’re talking and I can see the others’ noses being red, so I guess that my nose is red, too. The lights of Yeongdong bridge appeared, trembling slightly in the darkness of the river.

  «Nah, she’s… snobbish.» I said.

  «Snobbish? Maybe, a little.» Hanbyul moved his head.

  «Aniyo, she was  very kind!» Kyumin protested.

  «Pfff, whatever.» I moved my shoulders and we kept on walking.

  Am I a bad hyung?

  «Are you OK?» Byeol asked me.

  It needed only a little for Kyumin and Kwangyeon to start pinching and teasing each other again and I sighed.

  «Yes, I’m fi…»

   I heard a weird sound, like  a driver using his car’s breaks like crazy and I turned to confirm my thought; one of these drunk jerks that are driving on the pavements….

  The dongsaengs haven’t noticed anything; they’re too noisy. But the jerk keeps on moving, as if he can’t see us. Hanbyul…  I saw him widening his eyes, as soon as the lights of the car created our shadows, in front of us.

  «YAH!» he shouted and I felt my heart melting inside my chest.

  Seconds passed like whole hours.

  Kyumin pushed Kwangyeon (damn their stupid, childish teasing!), at the same time that Hanbyul yelled.

  

  Kwangyeon.

  

  In front of the car.

 

  My instincts worked quicker than my mind.  

 

   I’m not a bad hyung.

 

   I’m not a bad friend.

 

 I jumped and pushed my chingu away. We found ourselves rolling on the ground and the stupid car passed right next to us, continuing his crazy route on the pavements.

  «You SAEKI!!!!!» Kyumin screamed and all of our friends ran to us.

  «Are you OK, guys?» Hyoseok kneeled next to us and Hanbyul is as pale as a ghost.

  «Ne, ne, perfect.» I moved my head and looked at Kwangyeon; he seems not to have realised what happened.

  «I’m… I’m fine, too.» he said and we helped each other to get up.

  «My… my bass… is it OK?» he murmured and with shaking hands, he opened the case with his bass; I did the same with my guitar.

  «Since you, guys, are OK, everything is OK.» Hanbyul smiled and opened his hug.

   We all hugged each other as we usually do and remained like this for a couple of moments; my heart only knows how much scared I got.

 «Thank you, hyung.» Kwangyeon’s voice was heard, a little chocked.

  «It was nothing, little one. You scared us.» I patted his head and sighed with relief.

  I’m not a bad friend… I’m not a bad hyung…

--

  It’s already midnight. Kyumin, Hyoseok and poor Kwangyeon are already sleeping; the shock, because of the car incident, influenced them and they preferred to go to bed early.

  I stayed up to watch a little TV… My heart, body and mind are not in the best of conditions, too, to be sincere. I got really scared. What if Kwangyeon or I had been… had been hit by that jerk? Or any of my friends? Our future, our dreams… everything would have been done before even starting… Thank you, God, for saving us all!

    I went upstairs to rest on my bed, as my eyes started closing on their own. The light in Hanbyul’s room is still .

  I knocked slightly on his door and got in. He is still sitting on his chair, in front of his desk, his books open; Damn, he’s so persistent! He wouldn’t abandon his studying for anything!

  I approached him, but he didn’t turn; Aigoooooo, he’s sleeping on his books!

  I slightly patted his head and he woke up and looked at me. His glasses and hair are a complete and funny mess, while his eyes seem heavy because of the sleep.

  «Ah…Youngjun… sorry… I fell asleep.» he murmured and rubbed his face, putting his hands under his glasses.

  «It’s OK… Did you really have to study tonight?» I asked.

  «Ne… I couldn’t do anything else… It would be destructive for my program.» he answered and looked, with his dizzy eyes, at his books.

 «That’s enough for today, arasso?» I pulled him and he moved his head obediently.

  Dragging his feet he ended up on his bed.

  «Thank you Youngjun… You guys are my best friends…» he murmured. «And you are Led Apple’s official hero… Apart from our guitar hero…» he smiled with his eyes closed and passed me his glasses. «Ah, Ivy is coming tomorrow morning… It’s Saturday.»

  «OK, we will be waiting for her…» I patted his head and left the room.

  I’m happy.

  I’m Led Apple’s (guitar) hero~

 And a good friend~

 At least, I think and feel so~

 

 

  Ivy’s POV

 I served my dad’s chicken and potatoes and sat next to him. He’s talking through Skype with my  uncle (Christina’s dad) and they are laughing loudly. Nicko, listening to the noise in our language hurried to join the chat.

  I puffed.

  Mom is watching a movie with her friend, Suzy, and I have to stay at home to cook! Ha! Me, Ivy? To cook? It’s ridiculous.

  I looked at my uncle on the screen; he seems as little older than I remember him… But 5 years have passed since we last saw each other face to face; it’s sensible.

   I recognised the background, too. He’s at our grandpa’s house, at the village that we were spending our summer holidays. Beautiful place, right next to the sea. Actually, its backyard was exactly on the sandy beach.

  Waking up in the morning, we were eating breakfast made by our grandma’s hands and then we would leave straight for the beach to cool ourselves in the sea. We would take with us some funny, old hats that we had found in grandpa’s room and the same would do our junior neighbors and friends, so as we could play the pirates, the super heroes, the mythical creatures of our books.  At noon, my grandma was calling us for lunch and-while we were eating- my grandpa was telling us all kinds of scary stories that «had happened to some of his friends» with ghosts, spirits, fairies and such stuff. All these, to keep us quiet during the noon nap- time; well, not for long. As soon as we could hear the other children running outside, on the sand, we were getting out, too, screaming like we had been imprisoned. Then, a small boat was waiting for the whole company and we were getting in, sharing the stories of our grandparents. Other times, we were simply relaxing under the olive trees, singing songs until the sky was becoming dark. Then, my grandpa or any other grandpa would come to light a fire for all of us, the kids, and we would sit around to bake corns. Other stories and songs to be said and sung. No one was afraid of the dark. We were looking at the stars, smelling the sea, listening to the rustle of the wind through the olive trees and we were feeling that we were still at the well-known place, behind our houses. There was also that story, myth, call it as you wish, about Zeus and his toy when he was a baby… Yes, we loved that story.

   We were all good friends back then. Until… until things became ty as they always become when they seem to be going extremely well.

   Aish, I’m being stupid. But sometimes I miss my country a lot.

  «Hey, wake up!»Nicko pushed me violently.

  «Yah, what do you want?» I shouted and he pointed at my mobile ringing, putting his tongue out.

  Dear Lord, with all these memories, I wasn’t even hearing what was going around me!

  I grabbed it and got out of the room.

  «Ne oppa?» I said. (Yes, it’s Rome… =.=)

  «Tomorrow, at my place, for movie, huh

 «What?»

  «Tomorrow it’s Saturday, so I thought that we could watch a movie at my place. My parents will be at Busan to visit my grandma, so the whole place will be ours.»

   «The whole place»… «Ours»… Noooo, I don’t like that at all!

  «I… I don’t know… I was planning to go for that shopping with Gae In and Hannah….»

  «C’mon, they will be here too; Ray, TK, Maroo, Siwoo they will all be here.»

  Phew~

  «OK, then! What time?»

 «I’ll send you a text tomorrow morning, arasso?»

  «OK oppa, good night.»

  It’ll be fun… Some quality time, after the lesson with Hanbyul… «Quality». Haha.

--

 

  My mobile’s alarm hit like crazy next to my ear. I got up from my bed, like someone threw me a glass of water.

  What time is it? What day? What month, year?

  Aish, my stupid brother left the mobile next to my ear on purpose! He usually wants me to wake like this, like crazy, so –when I’m asleep- he gets in my bedroom and changes the place of my mobile, leaving it next to my ear… Idiot~

    I opened my door, furious and ran to his bedroom; awww, he sleeps like a.. demon!  I turned the radio on his desk on an extremelly high volume and left as quickly as I could.

   Here you go Mr. Nicko~

  

 

  Hanbyul’s POV

    I heard an annoying giggling over my head and changed my sleeping position.

  Who’s bothering me, during my precious sleep??

   «Yah!» I shouted and opened my eyes.

  First thing to see, when you wake up in the morning:

  A Kwangyeon and a Hyoseok wearing your miopsy glasses and taking photos of themselves… >.<

  «Are you crazy?» I yawned, but they, really rudely, ignored me.

  «Yah, what are you doing?» I yelled, with my eyes half-closed.

  «Enjoying ourselves.» Kwangyeon moved his shoulders.

   «Do you mean that I’m an amusing view every day?» I asked, raising my eyebrows.

  «Good morning hyung!» Hyoseok waved at me and smiled.

  «You said it, not me» Kwangyeon put his tongue out.

   Ah, chinja, what kind of waking up is this?

  «Shut up, it’s too early to fight…» I murmured and covered myself with my blanket.

    «It’s eleven o’clock, hyung…» Hyoseok patted me.

   «MUEOS???»

   Ivy is coming in half an hour!!!!!

  «It’s eleven o’clock.»

  «You should have woken me up earlier! Ivy will be here in a while!»

  They looked at each other and smiled.

  «That’s nice!» they high- fived each other and left the room.

   Aaaaaah, pali pali pali paliiiiiiiiii~

  --

  The bell rang and  I ran to open; I didn’t realise that Led Apple followed me.

  «Good morning, Hanb… Eh, guys actually!» Ivy waved and got in our place.

  «Good morning Ivy…»  I smiled and waved, too. «I don’t know if you have realised, but I have a tail on my back.» I pointed at my friends, who waved happily too and Ivy giggled.

  «Then, you have a cute tail!»

  Aww, she’s so kind. So kind and we are all so ridiculous. (Not always, but quite usually~)

   «You want to eat breakfast, Ivy-sshi?» Kyumin asked.

  «Oh, no, thank you very much. I’m full from my house, for now.» she rubbed her belly and pouted.

   Aigoo, I’ll faint. Why so perfect, yeoja?

    «Shall we go upstairs?» I asked, rubbing the back of my head.

   «Yes, of course! I’ll see you guys later!» she winked at all of them and I heard a sigh of  admiration behind me.

   I turned to look at them and put my tongue out~ I don’t think that I’m the only one that considers her an amazing creature…

  She is wearing a simple blouse, that is leaving her shoulders bare, common, gym pants and sneakers, her hair dragged on a long ponytail and-weirdly enough- she’s wearing no make up. She opened the door of my room on her own and found her seat next to my chair, at my desk.

  She… she is so simple and kind. And she acts as if she’s in her own house… That’s what we intended for actually; to make her feel comfortable.

  I looked at her for a couple of seconds and smiled like an idiot. (Yes, I know, I never do that… :P)

    «So, let’s start!» she said, tilting her head a little and her big eyes seemed even bigger.

  Omo… heavens were really generous with that perfection that I have in front of me.

--

  An hour later, we stopped our reading to have a break.

  Ivy puffed and started playing with her curls.

  «Hanbyul, which country do you feel like «yours» more? Australia or Korea?»

  «I grew up in Australia, so my personality has been created more there than here. But my parents were always teaching me the Korean way of behaving, talking, living… I really don’t know. I suppose Korea, mainly for blood reasons  that can’t be explained with our mind only.» 

   She nodded slowly, biting her nails thoughtfully.

   «Do you ever miss Australia, Brisbane?»

  «No… not really.»

  «I… I, you know, I miss my country these days… I remembered the place we were going for vacation, at my grandpa’s village, next to the sea. We were experiencing amazing moments, which can’t be lived here…»

  Her face seemed sad and I dared to caress her cheek.

  «Noooo, don’t be sad!» I exclaimed and she smiled gently. «There are uncountable beautiful things here, in Korea, in Seoul, that can make you happy! You won’t stop smiling, I swear!» I widened my eyes.

  « The truth is that I was thinking that I know Seoul very well…» she pouted again. (I haven’t fainted yet)

  «Naaaah, c’mon! There are surely things you don’t know, maybe that I don’t know, too. Led… Ehm, the others must know everything around here, right?»  (I saved a huge goof~)

  «I guess…»

   I got up abruptly and grabbed her from her hands, running downstairs.  Led Apple looked at us weirdly.

  «Are you OK?» Youngjun asked.

  «Ne, I had an idea. Can we… have a tour around Seoul? Not the tourist Seoul; anything and everything you may know around this city. Because you know it better than I do, right?»

  «So… a walk around Seoul?» Youngjun asked.

  «Yeah.»

  «OK, I have no problem.» he moved his shoulders and the rest got up instantly.

  «Walk around Seoul!! It’s gonna be fun!» Kwangyeon clapped.

  «Neee! Let’s take our hats and sunglasses!» Kyumin exclaimed and along with Hyoseok, they ran upstairs to grab them.

  Ivy seemed a bit lost, but I looked at her and she smiled.

  «The… the lesson?» she blinked cutely.

  «Who cares for the lesson, if you’re not happy?»

 

 Ivy’s POV

  The sun was bright… Thankfully, because otherwise the atmosphere would be really cold. We are walking towards the palace district, heading for Changdeokgung, a palace since 1412, according to a little book that Hyoseok is holding in his hands.

  I have visited some of the other palaces, but- weirdly enough- this one not. Kyumin is murmuring a happy melody and we are all drinking slowly from our warm coffee cups,  for which I insisted to pay.

   Kwangyeon is taking photos of me and himself and I can’t stop smiling, while Hyoseok is trying to get in the photo, jumping all around us. Hanbyul is looking at a magazine with Youngjun, trying to decide what are we doing next.

    These guys… are becoming more and more perfect friends to me. They started this whole thing for me, to be happy. Actually, Hanbyul first and the others then willingly followed…

  I don’t even know if I deserve all these things…

   

  We found the palace and bought our tickets, heading instantly for the throne room, which is uniquely lightened through the paper doors.

  «I’m king Sujong!» Kwangyeon exclaimed and stood straight and still with his hands on his waist.

  «Aigooo» Hanbyul covered his eyes and I laughed, while the cutie, Hyoseok, took a photo of this funny pose.

   «Let’s go at Huwon!» Youngjun pointed funnily and added whispering: «The Secret Garden.»

   We found ourselves at a relatively mysterious path, outside the palace, that led us to a garden covered with arches of leaves; in front of us, there’s a beautiful lotus pond, which was used as a library and study room by the king. There, under the orange leaves and next to the soothing lake, we took a beautiful photo all together, smiling and making the victory sign with our hands. What a relaxing place!

   «Wow, I haven’t been here for years! But it’s still so beautiful… No different at all.» Kwangyeon lifted his hands and turned a circle around himself.

  «I haven’t been here never again.» Hanbyul blinked quickly and stretched his hands. «But now, I don’t want to leave.»

  «Me either, even though I’ve heard that this is the best- preserved palace in Seoul…» I added and stood next to him. «Can we sit on that bench for a while? We walked quite a lot up to here, right?» I asked and the boys nodded.

  «I’ll do my best to satisfy you, Ivy.» Youngjun said, as we were all sitting next to each other. «But, I think it’s not very difficult to find beautiful things in a city like Seoul.»

   I nodded and smiled; are these people so kind with everyone they meet?

  «Thank you for doing all these, guys… I’m sorry for destroying your today’s program…»

   «Mueos? Aw, c’mon, we usually do nothing special on weekends, so it’s a change from the routine that is more than welcomed.» Kyumin patted my head.

   «Yes, is there anything better than this? Spend a relaxing time with your friends?» Hanbyul said and the others giggled.

  «Ne, away from BOOKS» Kwangyeon put his tongue out and Hanbyul slightly slapped him.

 «Don’t be ridiculous… Aish, I won’t say anything more, because of yesterday’s incidents…»

  «Incidents»… What incidents?

  «Let’s go for lunch, huh? My tummy is making a «roar» sound!» Hyoseok pouted and I couldn’t resist from pinching his cheek.

  « Ne, kaja.»

  We got up and started walking again.

  «It would be nice to visit the World Jewellery Museum, huh?» Youngjun asked, without raising his eyes from the magazine.

  «Yes, after lunch!» Kwangyeon winked and fixed his guitar on his back.

   «Let’s go for galbi, OK? I think that Arirang Garden will be perfect, right?» Kyumin asked and Hanbyul nodded.

  «Ah, yeah, but… maybe it’s preferable for the evening?»

  «Hmm, OK; for now?»

  «Deokbokki? You know, rice cake…» Hyoseok said. «Maybe at Meokswi Donna?»

  «Ne! It’s cheap and tasty!» Kwangyeon clapped and we moved on.

   Hanbyul’s walking next to me and for some reason… I want to grab his hand… Hmm, I can, without being suspicious.

  I stepped carelessly on a stone and my ankle twisted a little.

 «Ouch!» I exclaimed and held my ankle, causing Hanbyul to look at me worried.

  «Are you OK, Ivy?»

  «I think I twisted my ankle a little… Not something serious, but could you lend me a hand for a while…» I pouted and Hanbyul hurried to offer me his arm.

  «Of course!» he blushed and tightened his arm around mine.

 

  Kekeke, how nice~ ^^

 

  «What happened yesterday? I mean, those things you said to Kwangyeon previously…»

  «Ah, yes… A car almost ran over us! One of these idiots that drive on pavements. Kwangyeon would have been hit for sure if Youngjun hadn’t jumped to save him…»

  Oh My God! Thank you for saving these good people!

  «Ch-chinja? Dear Lord, are they completely OK?»

 «As far as you can see, perfect.» he smiled and pointed at his friends.

  «I would be very sad if anything was happening to any of you guys… I’ve got used to your presence and your funny mood…»

  Hanbyul seemed surprised.

 «Really…?»

  I nodded and kissed his cheek; No, no, I’m doing this again!

  However, when he blushed I felt like doing it again… What is wrong with me????

--

   «Oh, my tummy is full and happy!» Kyumin yawned and we all agreed.

  Even though I like deokbokki and Korean food in general, that was a bit hot for my tastes, but with these boys by my side, with such a great appetite, I couldn’t stop eating, either. (Poor fitness of mine… ToT)   

  «I ate like a beast!» Hyoseok rubbed his- now full- belly.

  «Don’t worry, boy, you’ll make it muscles!» Kwangyeon joked and Hyoseok pushed him.

 «You didn’t eat less anyway» Youngjun laughed, too. (Yes, one of the rare times~ :P)

 «Can I buy a cola can?» Kyumin asked and we headed for a mini- market.

  I waited outside the market for the boys to buy their stuff, with my cute Hyoseok only by my side.

  «You’re a good drummer, Hyoseok?» I asked him.

  «I.. I think so…» he blushed, but smiled.

 «Will you play something for me, someday?» I caressed his head.

 «Yes, whenever you like!» he said happily.

  «Onnie?»

  That voice literally froze the blood in my veins.

  I turned like crazy, to see Gae In and Hannah.

  OMOOO, don’t let the rest of the boys come out now!

  «Ahh, hi girls… What are you doing here?» I asked, my voice trembling.

  «What are YOU doing here?» Hannah pointed at Hyoseok, who bowed his head, blushing even more.

  «I’m… I’m waiting for my… brother and met Hyoseok here… You know, that guy who plays the drums rocking well…» I mumbled.

 Hyoseok smiled happily and nodded.

 «Ah… OK. We came here for the Suecomma Bonnie, for the new shoes’ line…» Hannah said.

  Hey… I wanted to go to that place, too! Stupid Hannah…

  «OK, I shouldn’t delay you, then… I’ll see you tonight, at Rome’s.»

  Gae In seemed surprised.

  «We’re not going at Rome’s; TK and Ray invited us for cinema!»

  «Mueos?»

  «Yes, no invitation for Rome’s» Hannah moved her shoulders.

   Aha, Rome wanted to tease me! He wanted to convince me to go there, with the idea that the others would be with us, when we would actually be alone! IDIOT!

  «Arasso, have fun!» I said and turned my back at them.

  I put out my mobile and sent a completely emotionless text to Rome that I couldn’t make it for tonight and puffed.

  «Are they gone?» I asked Hyoseok, whispering and he nodded.

   Thank God, they simply accepted what I said to defend myself.

  Otherwise, the tour around beautiful Seoul would have been destroyed.

  And my secret revealed.

--

  The  Jewellery Museum was perfect for anyone to see, but especially for a girl- princess like me was just the right one. We saw things that made our eyes become ten times wider. Pieces that actually worth thousands or millions of dollars, not to mention the prices in won…

  «One day, when we’re rich, I’m buying one of these for Hye Mi…» Kwangyeon said proudly and we all laughed.

 ~How cute of him!

  «Guys, I’m free for the evening, we can do whatever you like!» I said, taking my personal revenge for Rome’s stupid behavour.

 «Let’s go at Namsan Park, to watch the sun setting!» Kyumin exclaimed and we, happily agreeing, hurried to catch a bus, as our feet were already tired from the whole day walking.

 «So… you didn’t study yesterday…?» I asked Hanbyul.

  «Huh? Wae?» he widened his eyes.

 «Since that thing happened on the road… You were all out, right?»

 He mumbled and blushed.

 «Well, we… we actually went out to buy a pizza…»

  «Ah, OK.»

 (I am not convinced, but OK…)

    The sun is going on with his downwards route and we hurried to climb up to the base of the impressive N- Seoul Tower. We made it just the moment that the sun in the sky started becoming an intense orange, almost fire red.

  «We made it!» Kwangyeon gasped and we all sat, trying to calm our breathing, on the ground, leaving our rucksacks aside.

  The view deserved the whole effort and running; you can see the whole city from up here! The sight is simply breathtaking, since you realise the size of Seoul.

  «WOW!» I let out an exclamation. «I feel like I can hug the whole city!» I extended my arms and Hyoseok with Kwangyeon imitated me.

«That’s a really inspiring spot!» Youngjun rubbed his hands with an unknown for him excitement and he pulled his guitar out of its case, Kwangyeon to do the same.

 «And quiet enough to study, at least in winter…» Hanbyul added and received an empty cola can on his head by Kyumin.

 «Nerd!» Kyumin yelled and Hanbyul probably mentally stubbed him.

 I laughed.

  «You guys are so different… how did you end up being friends, even living together?»

 «Long story.» Youngjun caressed his guitar once.

 «But I assure you that we are not studying weirdos like this boring guy» Kyumin pointed at Hanbyul and he slapped the back of Kyumin’s head.

  «Hajima!» he shouted, but laughed a little too.

  «Hanbyul… why do you want to become a dentist?» I asked and everyone, for some unknown reason, became quiet.

  Hanbyul blushed and bowed his head.

  «Because… because there are a lot of money for dentists, right?» he murmured.

  Hmm, I didn’t expect that answer actually.

  «I really expected something more… heartfelt from you…» I said and he bowed even more.

 «My parents believe that if there are a lot of money from a job, then you can be happy and do whatever you like… So, they have a friend that has already a place and works as a dentist and- when I’m done with my studies- he’s waiting for me to join him…»

 «Ah, so your parents want you to become a dentist?»

  A «no» and a «yes» were heard from two different mouths; the first on from Hanbyul’s the other one from Youngjun’s. What’s going on here..?

  «I… I really don’t know.» Hanbyul finally said.

  «And… that place that your parents’ friend owns… Is it in Korea or Australia?»

  «Brisbane.»

  «So… why did you come here to finish school and study?» I asked.

  What did I say??? Everyone is looking at Hanbyul weirdly…

  «The plan is to… to transfer the job here, as my parents and their friend’s family want to return here.»

  «OK, the sun is down!» Hyoseok pointed and we all looked at that direction.

  With all this talking, we didn’t realise that the sun has almost become a thick line at the end of the horizon. It is the moment that the neon lights all around the city turn on and all the buildings become impressively bright.

  I let a «Wow» out again and lied on my back.

  That was a nice day. A really nice day.

  Kyumin asked Kwangyeon and Youngjun to play Lunafly’s «Clear Day Cloudy Day» and he started singing, in a really sweet tone.

  The stars started appearing on the sky, not afraid of the sun’s light anymore. I feel free as a bird, this very moment; my nose may be red, I wear no make up, I’m dressed like I’m going to the gym, but I don’t care! These guys made me forget everything today. I felt like I was with my family and even more amusing than that.

    «I like this song…» I whispered and Hanbyul lied next to me.

  «Really?» he asked. «Wish I could sing for ya…» he added and I giggled; I know he can’t, but it’s really kind of him to think of it.

  «You, guys, should form a band. You’re all amazing.» I said and they smiled weirdly and then laughed, but simply thanked me.

    «Hanbyul in, too?» Youngjun asked, raising an eyebrow.

  I smiled.

  «If he really wanted and could do so.»

   They laughed again, apart from Hanbyul.

  I turned my head to look at him and… what a weird thing: he is looking at me, too. I only now noticed that his eyes are not the typical, Asian dark brown; they have a really unique color, a mix of brown, grey, green… I can’t describe it correctly, but it’s so beautiful… Without these damn glasses he would be even better.

  «Are you happy, Ivy?» Hyoseok asked and I hurried to nod.

  «Do you still miss your country thaaaaat much?» Hanbyul asked and opened his arms to show me the «thaaaat much».

  I chuckled, covering my mouth.

  «Aniyo… Seoul is really beautiful, too. Thank you guys, for everything today. Can… can I consider you officially friends of mine?»

  «Of course!» they all exclaimed and I rubbed their heads one by one, stopping at Hanbyul.

   What’s wrong with me and that guy? He… makes my heart shaking… That warmth is here again…

  He smiled kindly, his cheeks red.

  «And you, Mr. Jang, you’re the best!» I winked and kissed his cheek, his whole face blushing more and more.

  «I… I want everyone to be happy… And especially, you… Ehm, I mean, a good friend like you.» he murmured cutely.

 «Awww, thank you so much!» I hugged him tightly.

  The boys started playing «Andante» by Super Junior, Kyumin singing charmingly again.

 

 

  The stars are twinkling calmly.

 

 

  The neon lights from all over Seoul are giving off the urban sense that this unique Asian city has to offer.

 

  

  I’m still hugging Hanbyul.

 

 

   Why am I still hugging him?!

  I can feel he’s really nervous with that hug. But that makes him even cuter.

 

  Everything he does makes him cuter and cuter.

   

  Ehm, no. Why did I say that?

  

  Anyway, I think that I’m a bit nervous with that hug, too.

   

 That song, the stars twinkling, the neon lights and that hug.

 

...

 

 

  Could it be that I… I like Hanbyul…?

 

 

 

 

  From misschoi: Hello guys! (I’m late again and I know it! ToT Sorry…) I hope that this chapter is long and interesting enough to satisfy you all. Seoul must be so beautiful, really~ ^^ Hope you enjoyed our «tour» around the palace district. Thank you all for the subscriptions and the views! You make me really happy and confident to go on! *bows deeply* Your comments are always welcomed~ Take good care til next time! <3 (And watch Led Apple’s Japanese «Gimme Kimmi Love»; You’re gonna love both video and the song! ~Led Apple (my babies) Fighting!! ^^)