Run!

"Byeol" means star

Hanbyul’s POV

 

 

I took a deep breath and pressed some buttons on my mobile.

 

Youngjun, with his arms folded on his chest, is watching me.

 

I can’t step back now anyway.

 

A deep breath again.

 

«Do it.» he said without even moving an inch.

His tone is convincing enough, though… =.=

 

«OK, OK, no need to be bossy!» I whined and dialed Ivy’s number quickly.

 Youngjun smirked and remained where he was once again.

 

My hands a little shaky, I brought the mobile on my ear.

 

 

«Beep…. Beep… Beep…»

 

«She isn’t answering!» I hurried to say and was about to hang up, but Youngjun slapped my arm hardly.

 

«OUCH!» I exclaimed.

 

«Hello?» I heard Ivy’s voice and I only managed to gulp. «Hanbyul… Is that you?» she said, in an obviously surprised/ shaking tone.

 

 Damn. My voice. I want to speak, but I can’t.

 

«Hello…?»

 

My eyes widening, panic overtook me. My throat dried in a matter of seconds and I felt that I turned pale.

 

 «YAH!» Youngjun slapped my arm again and again, until I slighlty moved my head.

 

«H-H-Hi Ivy…» I managed to say, trying hard not to sound like an idiot.

 

I’m a stronger Hanbyul now. I can’t act like a total loser again.

 

«Hanbyul? Omo, it’s really you!» she said her voice weak and happy at the same time.

«Yeah.» I said as steadily as I could.

 

An awkward silence followed.

 

I have to do keep on going.

 

«Are you… Are you OK?»

 

«Oh, yes, I am, don’t worry for me… Oh, I can’t believe you are talking to me… Oh…»

 

Omo. Her voice cracked.

 

She’s going to start crying again…? Oh, no!

 

«What did happen with these… awful girls? Did they hurt you?»

Her reply came after a long pause.

 

«Oh… No… Don’t worry really…» she sniffed her nose.

 

Man, she’s crying…!

 

I sighed.

 

«What has happened, Ivy?»

 

«What do you mean…?» she said in a low tone.

 

«I mean with everyone over there! Something is going on, right?» I raised mine and became a little agressive.

 

«No, don’t think of it. Everything is OK,baby.»

 

«Baby»??

 

She… she called me «baby»?

 

Oh, oh, oh… Oh, I can’t feel my legs… OMO.

 

«Ah… Ehm…»

That’s it guys, I’m losing it. Here we gooooo!!! >.<

 

After sniffing her nose again, her voice turned a little naughty.

 

«But you didn’t tell me what are YOU doing, baby…» she said and I gulped again.

 

 «Ehm… Oh, I… Ahm…» I started with the mumbling again, Youngjun looking at me, as if he was about to burst into laughs.

 

«What happened??» he whispered and push me again, but this time there is no comeback!

 

«Ah… I… I… I just wanted to check if you are doing alright! Bye now!» I said without taking a breath and hanged up.

 

 Jun rolled his eyes.

 

«What is wrong with you?» he yelled and then started laughing.

I tried to catch my breath.

 

It feels like I was running for a long race…

 

I even sweated a little.

 

«Man, are you having a panic attack?» Youngjun kept on laughing.

«Not funny, Jun, NOT FUNNY!» I finally yelled back.

«What did she say? You were pretty calm and OK for most of the time…»

 

I palmed my face and sighed again.

 

«She called me «baby»… What else do you want?» I whispered and swallowed a smirk that was about to rise on my lips.

 

 

 

 

 

Ivy’s POV

 

«Hanbyul? Hanbyul! YAH!»

 

 

Jeez, he hanged up before I could say anything else.

 

But, no. Wait a minute.

WE TALKED! WE ACTUALLY TALKED!

 

OMO!!!

 

And… what is the best out of this case is that… That he called me after my text about these s that happened with Hyoseon and Haneul and Hannah. Which means that he actually cares for me!

 

WOAAAAH!!

 

I got on my bed and started jumping crazily, until I felt the wound on my knee stinging and sat back down.

 

I almost started crying again when he was actually answering to my questions. When he was actually talking to me… Aw, I still can’t believe it. I’m so happy! ^0^

 

A knock on the door startled me.

 

«Yes?»

 

My brother stepped in with hesitance and smiled.

 

«Are you OK?» he asked me.

 

He just came back home from playing basketball with his friends. A part of his still ongoing celebration for his restored arm.

 

«I am perfect! Why?» I raised an eyebrow.

 

He moved his shoulders and came to sit next to me on my bed.

 

«What about this, then?» he pointed at my knee.

 «Oh, this… It’s nothing. I had an accident in the street!» I said cheerfully and patted his head.

«Why I think you are lying…?»

«I don’t know why you think that, little one.»

«I’m not little one. Who did hurt you? I’m gonna kill him!» my cute brother tightened his fists, without looking at me.

«Omo, Nicko, don’t be so sure it is always a «he»…» I giggled.

«So, there’s someone and it is a female!» he yelled.

«No, no! There’s no one! I was just saying that women can sometimes be worse than men…»

«And you were saying that irrelevantly…? Like, without any reason?» his turn to raise an eyebrow.

 

I nodded quickly and smiled again.

«Believe me, your noona is happier than many other days today!» I exclaimed and hugged him.

 

He pushed me and frowned.

 

«You started being all squishy and disgusting. I’m out of here.» he moved his hands and got out of my room quickly.

 

I burst in laughter and put my tongue out.

Oh, boys can be weird in adolescence.

 

Boys are weird in general.

 

Ha- ha, I’m weirder than them for sure, though. Ten minutes ago I was about to start crying and was feeling crap, but now, now that Hanbyul talked to me… I feel like I can fly.

 

 I’m so happy.

 

 However, I miss him even more now…

 

 Ugh, I want so badly to be with him.

 

When is he going to realise that I’m not the Ivy that I used to be…? When is he going to realise that I changed thanks to him and became a better person?

 When… When is he going to realise that I’m really in love with him? :’(

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

Zelo did the last part of the choreography on his own and then signaled to me to follow him.

 

 I smiled and joined him quickly. Jongup popped from behind us and started doing the same, a happy grin on his lips.

 

«That’s it, we’re doing it well!» Zelo winked, his voice husky because of the effort he is putting.

«Hell, yeah!» Jongup exclaimed, too.

 

The part that these two were grabbing me to lift me up came.

 

Jongup did it right, as usually and with his firm grip on me, our lift was just fine.

Zelo, however, has always difficulty in this part, I don’t know why, it might be my fault. He looked at me, right in my eyes, with concern, as Jongup let me down and I smiled encouragingly at him.

«C’mon, don’t worry!» I winked and he approached me, putting his hands around my waist.

 Besides our good will, though, Zelo stepped badly as he was lifting me up and I felt gravity pulling me back to the ground. The problem is that Zelo followed me! And fell on top of me!

 

I grimaced, about to laugh, while Zelo panicked and started an unstoppable fuss of «I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry!».

 

«Sssh, that’s OK!» I put a finger on his lips and smiled, realising that he blushed like a tomato.

 

Ugh, I made him shy~ >.<

 

The music stopped, Jongup still laughing with Zelo’s mistake and I averted my look to check who turned off the stereo.

 

«Yah, get off of her!» Yongguk hurried and pulled Zelo from me.

 

«I apologised already hyung!» poor maknae moved his hands, still with red cheeks.

«Yes, but you didn’t move from top of her!» Yongguk yelled and gave me a hand. «Are you OK?» he asked me, smiling and patting my head.

«I am perfect, oppa. Don’t yell at our Zelo…» I pouted and he rubbed the back of his neck, obviously a little awkward.

 «It’s not my fault he isn’t careful…» he said with a slightly apologising tone.

«I just can’t do that lift! And I always end up hurting Ivy noona! Can’t we just omit it?» Zelo rubbed his eyes.

«I’m not hurt, don’t worry. I just don’t want you to feel like you can’t do something. We can indeed omit it, right?» I smiled charmingly at Yongguk.

«Ugh, I don’t know… We have to ask the choreographer first…» he lowered his eyes.

«Aw, c’mon oppa… You influence him a lot, don’t you?» I blinked  uncountable times, acting obviously ridiculous.

«Yah, don’t put pressure on me! I’ll see what I’m doing…» he whined and brushed his hair with his fingers.

 

I patted his shoulder and smiled, but he simply turned around and left.

 

«Hey… What is wrong with him?» I pouted.

«It’s been like this lately. He hadn’t reacted to you, though, like that… And that was the suspicious thing. But I don’t know… Let’s just say no more.» Jongup smiled, without looking at me and swept his sweat from his forehead.

 

 I bit my lip.

 

Jongup and Zelo looked at me again, but as soon as they noticed that I’m looking at them, too, they looked immediately away.

 

What is going on here?

What did Jongup mean?

 

No, no… It must be my idea.

 

Anyways...

 

«Where’s Daehyun oppa? He gave me his towel, but I thought it was stupid to use it.» I said quietly, feeling awkward again in front of them.

 

It’s already the late days of August. And- still- I haven’t got used to the rest of the members fully. I still see them as «the idols». Not as friends. Only Yongguk feels like that. Even though he is indeed a little whiny lately.

 

«He’s downstairs, to get drinks with Himchan hyung.» Zelo smiled. «You can leave it to me, if you want to go.»

«It’s not her time to go yet.» Yongguk appeared in our practice room again.

«Still, oppa… I have to go. I have to get to the airport today…» I played with my fingers shyly, a little afraid of his gloomy mood.

«Again?» he immediately protested.

I blushed. The others don’t know about my story. And they don’t need to know, of course.

 

«But… You know… As the summer goes by… These days become suspicious of the return…» I gulped.

«Yes, but we work here.»

«I know, but we already did a lot of stuff… Can’t you let me go for today?» I felt my lips curving on their own.

 Yongguk frowned and folded his arms on his chest.

«I don’t know what she’s talking about… But let her go. We are doing our private practice in half an hour anyway.» Daehyun appeared, too.

«How long are you going to keep doing this?» Yongguk turned to me.

«Until he’s back.» I answered without looking at me.

«And what if he isn’t back? What if- once he’s back- he doesn’t inform you?»

I rolled my eyes.

«Why would he do that?»

«Because he might not be interested anymore!»

 

Ouch… That hurt.

 

Himchan got in the room, looking at me and Yongguk and our stupid arguement.

 

«Why are you hurting me? You know in what condition I am all this time and you are now telling me these words?» I yelled, my voice shaking.

«I just want you to concentrate on your future and don’t look back… At things that might be already over.» he let his voice go out.

«Let me judge this, OK? Ugh. UGH! That’s it! You are not OK today!» I turned my back to him, trying not to cry.

 

This is so embarrassing!

 

«Yah, that’s enough! Ivy, do go wherever you want to. You are done for today indeed.» Himchan approached me and patted my back. «Yongguk- ah, calm down.»

 I hurried to get my bag and wear my shoes.

 

I took a look of my mobile; a missed call by Gae In and one from Hye Mi.

I’ll call them afterwards. We are meeting all together, after Fumi’s return, after a long time. Of course, not before my visit to the airport and my beloved miss Jung. I have to go… These days are possible for them to come back.

 

I can’t wait. My feet go numb as soon as I think of it.

 

Ready to go, I turned to the door, but Himchan held me back again.

«Have fun whatever you do… But, bear in mind… In a few days, we might leave for the Philippines… And you are probably coming with the rest dance crew. Get ready.» he told me in a low tone.

«R-really? For how long?» I gasped in surprise.

«For 1 month maybe. We are shooting parts of the MV there…» he winked.

«Oh… I see. Thank you, I’ll keep it in mind.» I lowered my eyes and turned again to leave.

 

«Without saying bye…?» Zelo protested.

«Bye guys… Practice well.» I said, waving my hand, without looking at them, though.

 

I’m mad at Yongguk oppa, anyway.

 

The summer breeze made me feel lighter, once I got out in the street. I can go immediately to the airport. Now, that my parents are back, I have one less thing to worry about. My brother is even quieter now. I think he is finally growing up. And that he finally realised my pain. My love pain.

 As for the y enemies of mine… They only keep spreading idiotic rumors about me, but nothing else. I mean, they haven’t approached me again. Thank God.

Thank God also that Rome didn’t find out. He would have gone out of mind.

 

My mobile rang in my hands.

 

«Yah, I was about to call you Gae In-ah!» I answered quickly.

«Sorry, miss? I’m calling you from the Literature competition you had participated two months ago…» an unknown female voice was heard.

«Oh my…. Oh, I’m so sorry, I did not check who was on the phone!» I panicked and cursed myself on the inside.

 The woman giggled.

«It’s OK… Are you miss Ivy Il…»

«Yes, yes, that’s me!» I interrupted her.

It’d be in vein to let her spazz over my surname >.<

«I’m very pleased to inform you that you won our competition and that you can come to sign and get your scholarship whenever you want to, starting from tomorrow!»

 

OH MY GOD!!!!! REALLY??? LIKE REALLY????

 

«Oh, I… Oh! I can’t believe it!» I only managed to say.

The woman laughed again.

«Congratulations miss!»

«Thank you… Is there anything that I have to do apart from what you told me?» I scratched my head like an idiot in the middle of the pavement.

«No, not really. Just note down the address of our offices and my number, in case you want to ask me something else.»

 I noted with awful letters down on a piece of paper her information, my hands still shaking.

«Thank you so much! I’ll come as soon as possible!» I hurried to thank her and hanged up.

 

I HAVE TO TELL MY BYEOL BOY!

It’s thanks to him, anyway~ <3

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hanbyul’s POV

 

 

These last two days of August are rainy and annoying. However, «Someone Met By Chance» MV is ready.

And we are close to our debut. Our official debut!

 

Kwangyeon pulled the curtain open and sat on the floor, folding his legs close to him. He’s eating yogurt.

I’m jealous. I want yogurt, too.

 

«You want some, hyung?» Hyoseok appeared next to me and offered me a bowl with yogurt and nuts, too.

«Oh…? Ah, thank you, Hyochi boy.» I smiled and got my bowl. «You are -sometimes- in my mind.» I patted his head, as he sat- on the floor- in front of me.

Kwangyeon slipped on his and came in front of me, too, resting his head on Hyoseok’s shoulder.

 

«Cute.» I patted their heads and sighed.

 

Ivy sent me a message, a few days ago… She won the Literature competition!

That’s amazing… It almost brought me tears. This is how everything started between us, anyway.

Well, I liked her from previously, but… Nah, you guys know what I mean!

 

Youngjun came in our living room and looked at us weirdly.

 

«You guys OK?» he asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

«Yeah… Just day dreaming and eating yogurt!» Hyoseok grinned cutely and ate a spoon of yogurt.

 

«That’s nice, I wanna join.» Youngjun smirked and hurried in the kitchen to feed himself.

 

«What is happening with the recording of «Eojjeoda majuchin»? Is the final piece OK?» Kwangyeon asked.

«Just perfect. Hanbyul fixed his previous mistake and we are great!» our leader winked, as soon he joined us and sat on a chair next to me.

«That part of mine was really stupid… Why did my voice sound so idiotic at that part??» I whined and the others laughed.

 

«Relax guys… I have news for you… Good news actually for all of us… Besides our debut!» Jun managed to finish his sentence before the maknae line’s interruption.

«What is it then?» I asked impatiently.

 

Kyumin hurried to the room.

 

He was in our bedroom, love- talking with Gae In on the phone, all this time!

 

Aigoo, this kid.

 

His face… It isn’t really happy, to be honest.

 

«What happened?» Hyoseok immediately realised his nervous face.

«Ehm… I don’t know how to say it…» Kyumin scratched his head.

«What is it, man?» Kwangyeon gulped noisily his yogurt, obviously turning worried.

«No, don’t get too worried… It’s just… for Byeol hyung.»

I felt sweating.

It has to do with me…?

 

«What is it??» I left my bowl aside.

 

«Yeah… Look, I was talking with Gae In- ah and…»

«I already know that!» I rolled my eyes.

«Yeah, OK! And… look, she… she told me that… Ivy…»

«What?» all of us now yelled.

«That she might leave for the Philippines with BAP!» he said quickly and closed his eyes.

«MWO?» I got up from my chair.

 

The others remained with their mouths opened and their eyes widened.

 

«F- For how long? It’s gonna be for a few days only, right?» I mumbled.

«Gae In… She said they don’t know exactly yet, but… It’s gonna be around a month.» Kyumin lowered his head sadly.

«That’s so long!» I exclaimed and brushed my hair with my fingers, not knowing what else to do.

«Yeah, it is… And from what I realised… Gae In didn’t tell me clearly… But there’s a chance that this Yongguk guy likes her…»

«YAH!»

That popped out of my mouth naturally.

 

Panic gradually overtook me.

 

«I… I can’t… We have to go back to Korea!» I bit my nail.

 

«Chinja?» Hyoseok widened his eyes.

«Of course, idiot! If she stays for that long with them, 24/7, isn’t it possible to fall for him??» I yelled. «I have to hurry. WE have to hurry!»

«But what can we doooo?» Kwangyeon moved his legs like a baby, seeming to be really in trouble.

«Guys…» Youngjun said in his usual tone.

These are my friends~

 

«I don’t know!» I yelled again, probably about to cry.

 

«GUYS!»

 

We all turned to our leader.

 

«The news that I wanted to tell you previously? Remember? Before you started the fuss?? I was trying to tell you that in two days we will be back in Korea…» Youngjun smirked again and ate a huge spoon of his yogurt.

 

 I first smiled like an idiot. Then, the rest of our gang followed.

 

OK, I might still have time to save the day.

 

Right? =0=

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hi guys!! I'm baaaaaaaaack! My exams are over and (YEAAH!) I'm baaack! It took me too long to write this, even though it came out shorter than expected, because I had a bunch of things to take care of~ >.< My apologies!Hope you liked~ I'll try to be in time from now on! A HUGE "thank you" to our new subscribers and to that 8th vote we got~ Also for your comments <3 Thank you guys for your endless support! You are all amazing ^0^ Your ideas are ALWAYS welcomed; I love reading your opinions and thoughts~ :> Take care til next time! Fighting!!! ^^ <3