Secrets, news and rumors

"Byeol" means star

Youngjun’s POV

 

 

«Did you talk with Ivy?» I asked Fumino, who didn’t manage to return  to Hyoseok’s hug before I talked to her.

 

She seemed startled by my question.

 

«Of course! Every day… You know she’s one of my best friends…» she said in a low tone. «How on earth did you think of asking this?»

I cleared my throat and avoided to look at her.

 

«I kind of expected your answer. I just wanted to somehow start the conversation about Ivy…» I scratched my head awkwardly.

 

 Akemi passed by us and got out, at the balcony, where we left Byuli a while ago.

 She shouldn’t go there now.

 

Fumino laughed.

 

«What I like about you, Youngjun, is that you’re honest. I appreciate that. And because I appreciate you, I’ll tell you anything that you might want to know.» she smiled and patted my back.

 

I smiled weakly but- for some reason- my mind is now running outside… At the balcony. I have a bad feeling.

 

«Keep that intention of your for just a while, OK? I have to check how Hanbyul is…» I said and hurried outside.

 

I stopped abruptly. Akemi is seated next to Hanbyul, on the floor, and is leaning on him.

What the …? Are they kissing?!

 

«HANBYUL!» my voice sounded angrier than I intended.

 

Akemi jumped from her position and looked at me, scared enough, holding the place of her heart. Hanbyul, however, simply seemed panicked. He became instantly pale.

 

«God, Youngjun, you scared me to death!» Akemi laughed and got up.

 

«That was my intention.» I said coldly and moved my shoulders. «And, now, I want to talk to Hanbyul on our own, if you please.» I added and Akemi, whistling with dissatisfaction, walked in again.

 

  Hanbyul played with his fingers for literally 5 seconds and then looked at me with concern.

 

«It isn’t what you think it is!» he immediately got up and hurried next to me.

 

I folded my arms on my chest and looked at him as strictly as I could.

It’s not difficult. I’m mad already.

 

«You are something, aren’t you? Ivy worrying, crying over you and you’re kissing another girl? Good job, Hanbyul!» I yelled.

 

«Let me explain! I told you it’s not what you think it is!» he grabbed my arm and I frowned intensely.

 

«What? What is it then?» I yelled again.

 

Hanbyul sighed and massaged his temples.

 

«I should be sure that this would be misunderstood…» he said quietly.

 

«No! You should expect that seeing the girl, that has been flirting with you all this time, leaning on you, while you are all alone, out here, wouldn’t be suspicious or too obvious, huh?» I gasped with irony and then laughed.

 

«Aigoo, don’t do this! Let me explain!» he finally yelled back.

 

I didn’t expect him to get angry, to be honest. I expected him to be quiet and hesitant, feeling guilty.

 

«Letting you explain what? Your stupid things? Ivy was talking with you like 5 minutes ago!»

 

«OK, shut it up and let me tell you!» he yelled even louder and pushed me.

 

 Suddenly, I felt bad. However mad I am, I shouldn’t do what he was doing to me that night, when I was trying to explain things about that stupid video in Kwangyeon’s mobile… I was really angry that he wouldn’t allow me to explain and he would only shout and cry and *boom*. I don’t  want to do the same to him.

 

 After all, we all deserve a chance.

 

 «OK. Speak.» I moved my shoulders.

 

He sighed once again and looked at the city view, where the lights of Tokyo are able to blind you with their intensity.

 

«Look, I know you won’t believe me, but this is exactly how it happened. I was sitting out here and she came and joined me. Yes, she tried to kiss me. And- yes- she almost made it, but- believe me- I stopped her.»

 

«And- then- what did I see when I came out, huh? It was obvious that she was kissing you.»

 

«Well… When I stopped her, she wondered why. I hadn’t showed so far that I don’t like her. I didn’t encourage her, either, though. I simply told her that I like someone else…»

I bit my lip and looked at him again.

 

«And?»

«And she… she seemed disappointed. She asked me if she knows that person that I like and I told her no. Then… she asked me if she can give me -at least- a kiss on my cheek. How could I say «no» to that, Jun? It was a simple cheek- kiss…» he messed with his hair intensely and looked at his feet. 

«Did anything else happen afterwards?» I remained expressionless.

 

«No. You came out here, as soon as she was kissing me on my cheek. I know it seemed different, but it wasn’t! I swear it wasn’t!» he held my arms and raised his tone.

 

 I looked at him with the corner of my eyes.

 

«OK, I believe you. No need to find more excuses.» I moved my shoulders again and he sighed with relief.

 

«And I wasn’t looking for excuses, that’s the truth! Please, don’t mention this to anyone and especially to any of the girls…»

«What girls, huh?»

«You know which girls I mean… Any of Ivy’s friends, your girlfriends! Don’t do this… Please. Things will be misunderstood for sure.» he pleaded.

 

«And what if they will?» I raised an eyebrow.

 He covered his eyes with his palms and blushed.

 

«I don’t want Ivy to think bad things about me…» he whispered, after a really long pause. «Especially things that aren’t true.»

 

Unconsciously, I smiled. So, he still likes her for sure.

 

«OK, OK, calm down. I won’t tell anything… lover boy.» I put my tongue out, Hanbyul rolling his eyes with a mixed relief and joking feeling.

 

«I’m not a lover boy… I only like one girl, anyways.» he blushed and chuckled a little.

I started laughing and clapped my hands intensely.

 

«Finally you admitted it, dude!» I exclaimed and kept on laughing.

 

He rolled his eyes once again.

 

«If this was your goal, well, it was definitely a dumb one. I thought you all guys knew it. I never stopped liking Ivy. I just…»

 

«You are just forming your pride, Hanbyul, right?»

 

That female voice made us both gasp and turn abruptly.

 

Fumino, leaning against the balcony door, is looking at us with her usual, undetermined smile. How did she end up here?!

 

!

 

«Fumino…? How… When… Aish!» Hanbyul messed with his hair once again and his cheeks turned as much red as a tomato.

 

«Fumi, what are you doing here?» I found my confidence quickly and hurried to answer back to her. «Haven’t they told you that it is bad to overhear other people’s conversations?»

 

Fumi laughed and tacked her hair behind her ears.

«It was completely a coincidence, I swear!» she moved her hands.

«How much did you hear?» I asked with a serious face again.

«Eum… Everything. About that girl and her feelings over you, her kiss and… your true feelings for Ivy.» she giggled, covering with her hand.

«Even this…? Aigoo… This is so embarrassing!» Hanbyul protested.

«Actually, you are lucky that I heard even this. Because, at first, I was about to go away, as soon as you said the story with Akemi. And to call Ivy and tell her you are really something… Something bad. But… I couldn’t see your face when you were talking about Ivy… Your voice, though, sounded so different when you were talking about her. I don’t know how my voice sounds when I talk about Hyoseok, but- as soon as I heard your voice- I was sure that this is how the voice of a man in love sounds.»

 

I breathed with relief.

 

I wouldn’t stand it if my little fight with Hanbyul would be the reason of his and Ivy’s relationship developing badly.

 

«I feel even stupider now.» Hanbyul rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

 

«No need to. It was kind of cute.» Fumi smiled and- approaching him- patted his head.

«Don’t tell anything to Ivy, OK? Neither the good nor the bad news.» I coughed a little and looked at her with straight eyes.

 

 Fumi played with her fingers and whispered something undistinguishable. She ended up biting her nail.

 

«C’mon, now, you really have to keep these a secret, right? Let Hanbyul and Ivy handle this!» I approached her and she finally nodded.

 

«Alright, I’ll let them handle it on their own. You’re right. But… Hanbyul- ah. Be careful. I don’t want my friend to get more hurt than she already is.» she said, her face becoming serious again and turned towards inside.

 

«Hey, why is she already hurt?» Hanbyul yelled, but Fumi had already gotten in.

«God, that was really close.» I said and sat on the floor, feeling weak because of the previous tension.

«Yeah…» he scratched his head and sat next to me.

«And don’t make silly questions. She is hurt because of you and you are hurt because of her. There are some other persons involved for both of you in this story, but the main thing is you for her and she for you.»

 

 Hanbyul didn’t talk and his face seemed sad.

 

«C’mon… Don’t be sad. It’s your birthday. Did you talk to her?» I patted his back.

«No… I didn’t manage… I was so shocked as soon as I saw her and especially when she started crying and everything that she said that… Ugh! My mouth was closed as if with a zipper!»

 

Ivy was crying? Omo, what did I miss?

 

«Why was she crying? God, what did you do to her, huh?» I slightly pushed him.

«Nothing! She was telling me so many beautiful things… So touching. And when she said that she misses me… she started crying and disappeared from the camera. I didn’t manage to say a single word! I was so touched, too…»

 

I huffed and rubbed my forehead.

 

Why do these two people make things complicated??

 

«Aigoo… You could have solved this out with this chance, Byul…» I murmured.

 

«No… Maybe it was better that I didn’t bend… I don’t want to seem «easy» again… Aish, no! I don’t know! I can’t stand seeing Ivy like this, though!»

 

He seems to be fighting with himself… Generally this late time…

 

But I can’t help him. It’s up to him. He knows our opinion, after all.

 

«Relax, friend… Relax. Think what you want the most. And I think you will find out easily what it is. Not necessarily now, but probably soon. Fighting!» I smiled and got up.

 

Hanbyul tried to smile and extended his hand for me to pull him upwards, too.

 As soon as I did so, his mobile started ringing.

 

 He looked at it casually and then his eyes widened.

 

«It’s oma! She hadn’t called me for my birthday…» he said and a smile appeared on his lips.

«Go! Answer it!» I cheered him and left the place.

 

Hopefully, some good news will pop out for today, because- up to now- it has been a little (at least) awkward…

 

 

Ivy’s POV

 

Ugh… I have a headache.

 

I’m like this, since the moment I opened my eyes, this morning.

 

To be honest, I slept really late last night. I stayed at Zia unnie’s house for quite a long time after I «talked» to Hanbyul.

 

Well, he wasn’t talking, but I said what I wanted to say.

Ehm..

Almost.

But tears came before I could finish my words. I shouldn’t have cried when he was still watching me, but what could I do? It was chocking me even from the very first moment I saw his pretty eyes looking at me. Even though he remained expressionless the whole time, looking at his pretty eyes, after so long, made me completely weak…

 

I’m stupid, aren’t I? =.=

 

Anyways, it now happened, I can’t do anything about it.

I stirred my tea and sat on the sofa. Nicko hasn’t woken up yet, even though he was sleeping when I came back last night.

 

Why didn’t Hanbyul say anything…? Why he didn’t even say «Thank you»?

Is he… Is he THAT mad at me?

 

I rubbed my eyes with tiredness. Maybe I should have stayed more in bed.

 

 I my laptop and brought it on my knees. I have to distract myself with something else, otherwise I’ll keep on feeling sad.

 

 

Ugh, what should I do?

Maybe I should simply watch something that will help me let my bad feelings out. A sad song? A sad drama? Aish, I don’t know.

 

As soon as my screen was brightened up, Skype popped like crazy in front of my eyes, Fumi calling me through it.

 

Omo… Did anything happen and she was waiting like this for me?

 

I clicked the «Answer» button, feeling weirdly nervous already.

Fumino appeared then on my screen, obviously sleepy, but happy, too.

She’s wearing a large sweater, obviously larger than her usual size.

«Anyeong, dearyyy!!» she exclaimed happily and waved.

«Konichiwaaa!» I waved weakly and smiled.

«How are you sweetie?»

«So- so. A headache is torturing me, as soon as I woke up today…»

«Oh, you should take a pill! Did you… drink last night?» she raised an eyebrow funnily.

«Naah…» I moved my hands.

 

Fumi narrowed me with her eyes.

 

«OK, we might did a little. But only a little, I swear about that!» I rolled my eyes.

 

 She started laughing and -from the bed that she was sitting on- a head rose out of nowhere. I gasped at the sight of a sleepy and funny- haired Hyoseok.

 

«YAH!» I yelled and widened my eyes in surprise.

«Oh, Ivyyyyyyy! Hiiiiii!» Hyoseok waved, his eyes being funnybecause he was obviously sleeping up to recently.

 

«Guysss… What is going on…? Why are you… in the same room/ bedroom/ bed?» I mumbled, scratching my head awkwardly.

Fumi blushed and giggled and Hyoseok simply yawned, but kept on smiling towards me. He hugged Fumi’s waist and rest his head on her thigh.

«Guys? Are you gonna tell me?» I said again, still freaking out.

«Since it was party night yesterday, I asked the manager if I can stay more with the guys… And he said yes. And the guys let me sleep here, with Hyoseok.» Fumi explained quickly and patted Hyoseok’s head.

«Aaand what about your parents??» I rubbed my head again.

«I told them that I’m staying with my cousin here, in Tokyo. Anyways, I’m an adult now. I can do however I wish, right?» she smiled, obviously to ensure to me that she’s alright.

«I said hiiiii!» Hyoseok interrupted us again and I managed to smile at him.

«Hi baby! How are you?» I said happily and Hyoseok grinned widely.

«I’m daebak! Fumino being here makes things even more daebak!» he winked and -getting up- he kissed her on her cheek. «How are you, princess? We are missing you!»

«I’m OK, sweetie, don’t worry… But I miss you, too. I really do. Don’t get too tired, OK?»

«We won’t, don’t worry either. Please take care of your health. And don’t be sad. I’m leaving you on your own to talk. Kiss you, Ivy!» he waved again, sending his cute kisses and- getting up from the bed- he disappeared from the screen.

 

An awkward silence followed, until I burst into laughs.

 

«Omo… Fumino? Did you really sleep with Hyoseok?» I said in between of my laughs.

«Why is that funny?» she protested, scratching her head.

«Oh, it’s not funny… It’s hilarious!» I kept on laughing.

 My friend frowned intensely and folded her arms on her chest.

 

«I’m just kidding!» I moved my hands and stopped my joking. «It’s just… I didn’t expect it from you… Are you OK after… it?» I lowered my eyes and felt awkward again.

«How did you understand that it happened…?» she asked me, lowering her eyes, too.

«I don’t know… I just did. Beyond the obvious fact that you two slept on the same bed, all alone, I think… I think that your face looks a little different.»

She panicked and hurried to find a mirror.

«My face looks different? Omo! What? How?» I could hear her voice panicking.

«Yah, don’t freak out! It might be just my idea… And- beyond this- who else is going to notice it…?» I tried to calm her down and she finally returned back to her screen, this time lying on the bed, her tummy down and her head resting in her hands.

«What if my parents do…?» she whispered.

«They won’t. Because they won’t be suspicious about it, huh?» I winked and she sighed with relief.

«I hope so.»

«Are you really OK?» I asked again.

 

 She pouted a little and blew her bangs funnily.

 

«I think I am.» she played with her fingers and then bit her nail.

«Are you in pain?» I dared to wonder. «If you don’t want to talk about it, it’s OK…» I hurried to add, but she interrupted me first.

«No, no! I have no problem talking about it with you. Well… I feel a little pain. But only physically. Mentally, I’m completely OK. I swear. I feel…» she bit her nail again.

«Yeah?»

«I feel like I love Hyoseok even more now… I know, it might sound funny, but this is how I feel.» she blushed.

«No! It’s not funny… I fully understand and I think it’s sensible.» I comforted her and she smiled sweetly.

She’s indeed a little different today.

«I… We, actually. We can talk about it better, when we will be together, face- to- face… OK? I feel a little weird now… I’m constantly afraid that someone is going to hear us…»

«Yeah, of course, as you wish! Hearing that you’re completely fine, is all I wanted to know after all.» I assured her.

«OK, then. Let’s leave me aside! How are you? Did you talk with Hanbyul yesterday?»

I rolled my eyes.

«Well, I didn’t talk WITH Hanbyul… I just talked TO Hanbyul…»

«He didn’t talk?!» she widened her eyes.

«Noop. Not at all. I was talking on my own and he was looking at me with no expression on his face!» I pouted sadly. «You can’t imagine how sad this thing makes me… I can’t believe that he is that mad at me that he couldn’t even say a simple «thank you» or «hi»… But maybe I deserve it…»

 She huffed and slammed her hands on the bed.

 

«You know what…? Whenever I realise that he isn’t talking to you I’m getting so mad! Of course you don’t deserve this! We all make mistakes… The important thing is to be able to realise them! And you have done this already. And believe me he has realised his, too. I just think that he… has this new feeling of personal pride that he wants to maintain… But- anyways- my sweet friend, don’t be sad! Have patience and I’m sure that… That things will turn completely right for all of us.» she smiled gently and made a victory sign with her fingers.

«I don’t know, Fumi… I feel too depressed/ bored/ disappointed to be sure for such things… It just gets more and more difficult to believe in the hope that Hanbyul will forgive me and we will try something together… And I don’t exagerate right now…»

«Don’t do this, chingu. Have strength, please.. Believe me… Your messages are their sweet every- day medicine. Not only for him… For all of them. You know you are important for all of them, don’t you?»

 

I nodded slowly and bit my bottom lip.

 

«And they are the same important to me… That’s why I feel like this without them.»

«I know and I understand. But- really, REALLY- don’t get disappointed. Insist on your feelings and ideas. You might be rewarded very soon.» she sent me a kiss and I sent her one back.

I looked at my watch.

 

«I’m meeting Gae In for breakfast in half an hour… I’d better be going.» I smiled.

«Oh, yes, OK. I have to take a shower, too and leave the boys on their own, because they have a busy schedule. We will talk later today, huh?» she smiled back.

«Yeah, of course, dear! Fighting! And- please… Give a sweet kiss to each one of them, OK?»

«I will… But not that sweet to all of them, because I will have problem with the rest of you, girls!» she chuckled and I put my tongue out.

«Bye, crazy girl!»

«Bye, emo girl!» she put her tongue out, in a sassy merhong, and turned off her camera.

I rolled my eyes and laughed.

 

Emo girl… Aigoo. >.<

 

I am sad… But Fumino’s words sounded as if I shouldn’t feel like this. For sure.

 

Naah, she probably wants to simply encourage me. I shouldn’t have any hopes up, really.

 

That will make me feel more sad and disappointed if things won’t develop well. Something not that unexpected, after all.

 

Aish, get up now Ivy… You have to go and meet Gae In. You have news to share now, after all, girl.

 

I got up with boredom, turning off my laptop and headed to the kitchen.

 

I searched the cupboard with the medicines and found the pills for the headaches.

 

I threw one in my bag and then wrote a note to Nicko, sticking it on the fridge.

 

Hopefully he is seeing this… His arm will be soon released and I will be freer. ^^

 

I got out of the house and locked the door again. He has his own keys, as soon as he wakes up.

 

However, as I turned around to move on, still looking at and counting my keys, I bumped on someone. My heart jumped from my chest, feeling already scared enough.

«We keep on meeting during unfortunate situations, don’t we?» the heavy voice made me instantly feel familiar and blush at the same time.

 

«Yongguk oppa?» I murmured and lifting my eyes, I faced the guy that I actually expected.

«All here!» he winked and opened his arms.

 I remained confused and paused for a while, but -then- I smiled like an idiot and jumped in his hug. I felt his arms wrapping tightly around my waist and he slightly lifted me from the ground.

«I missed you, princess!» he said happily, still hugging me.

«Aw, me too! When did you come back? How did you find my house?» I kept on asking, without a single pause and still in his tight hug.

 

«Easy, easy. I’ll tell you.»

 

«Yah… Look what a you have become…»

 

That tone and these words made me froze in Yongguk’s hug and I abruptly turned around to check who dared to talk to me like that.

 

Yongguk frowned intensely.

 

«What the hell are you talking about?» he asked coldly.

«I’m talking about Ivy… After she broke up with Rome oppa, she has become the biggest ever. SHE, that had been critising all the school s…Hah! Firstly you dumped Rome, but still hug him and hang out with him. You made out with Hanbyul during the party and now… What a surprise. You are hugging another victim of yours and this time it is a famous and rich one; Yongguk- sshi. Congratulations, Ivy.»

 

A few tears bothered my eyes, but I held them in, swallowing hardly. No one talks to me like that.

 

Yongguk made a step forward but I held his wrist firmly.

 

Instead, I moved forward decisively and slapped Hannah’s cheek as I had never slapped anyone before. 

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hi guys~ ^^ I finally updated! *YEAAAH* >.< I really want to apologise for keeping you waiting, but my spare time was abruptly reduced, as my first University exams are approaching. Besides studying, I'm working on smth else for LEDApple these last 2 weeks and it is more time consuming than I actually expected~ X.x I'm so sorry! =_= Anyways, I hope you liked our update, even though it was kind of short fo the usual misschoi.:P Thank you for your constant support, views and comments! Special thanks to the new subscribers and to that nice person that gave us our 7th vote! THANK YOUUU ^^ Your ideas and comments are always welcomed! I was really pleased that Mabel reminded me of smth really important that I actually needed a lot! And it was really nice to read her opinion about my characters' feelings, future reactions and so on~ ^0^You are welcomed to do so, really! It'd be very interesting for me! Take care til next time! =D <3