My hero

"Byeol" means star

  Ivy's POV

    I am brushing my hair not as carefully as usually... My mind is absent...

    I just can't stop thinking of Hanbyul's suggestion, even though I really wanted to forget everything about it...

   I like the idea of testing my skills in composition/literature, because I really like writing stuff since I was 13 or so.

  But I will prove myself such a nerd if I'm doing that...

   I don't think I can do that.

   Unless... Unless I'm doing it secretely.

   "Ivy, I served your cereal, baby!" mom shouted and I rushed to eat quickly.

  Nicko, my 2-years younger brother might try to eat them first... He always loves doing that. What a punk he is!

   Thankfully, I did it first in the kitchen and he arrived, literally 5 seconds later, puffing with disappointment.

  "That's for you idiot!" I shouted and put my tongue out for him.

  "As if I care!" he moved his shoulders and gave me a merhing, too.

   "Stop fighting children!" mom said and patted our heads.

   "Actually... you know what, Nicko? Eat my cereal today! Rome is getting me with his motorcycle and I can't be late!" I pushed the bowl in fornt of him and got up quickly.

  "Hey, can I come, too?" he asked.

  "No, of course not." I waved and left, laughing hardly.

--

  I've taken a decision that may bring a complete chaos in my current routine. But I've decided to do it.

  We have a spare hour, at least my class, and everyone probably expected me to hang out at the gym with the members of the dance club; that's what I usually do. But now, I simply tried to disappear.

  Because I intend to go at a place that no one can see me... At the school library.

  I creeped in the halls, after I told my company that I'll fix myself in the bathroom; it was something easy to believe, as I'm usually fixing my hair and make-up during breaks and stuff. As soon as I checked that the hall was empty, I started walking quickly, so as not to meet anyone on my way to the library, which is on the opposite direction from the bathrooms.

  Phew~ No one up to now.

  God, not so "phew"! Someone is crossing the hall! I felt my cheeks burning and was about to turn back, when I realised that the person that is approaching is actually Hyoseok, Hanbyul's roommate, the one that is known to play the drums.

   He waved happily and bowed.

  "Anyeong, Ivy-sshi! How are you?" he smiled.

  Awww, he's so cute! I can't restrain from smiling.

  "I'm fine Hyoseok-sshi! What about you??"

  "Fine! I was showing Mr Choi a couple of exercises that I owed to him..." he blushed a little and giggled.

  "No worries, he's such a kind person. He accepted them, didn't he?"

  "Yes, thankfully!" he winked shyly. "See ya!" he waved and left.

  Well... for a drumer (drumers are tough and y, right?) he's... so cute and shy! Like a boy-like teddy bear! Aww, infinitely cute~

   Back to your target Ivy!!

  I soon reached the library and got in with great relief. No one is in here too, except one person. Hanbyul.

  I feel... I feel weirdly happy for seeing him.

  "Hi Hanbul!" I whispered.

   He was standing up-looking for a book- so he simply turned to face me.

  God, he's so tall! One head taller than me for sure~

  "Ivy? Hiii!" he smiled and show me to sit."Are you looking for any book?" he asked and fixed his glasses on his nose.

   I wonder how he looks without he glasses... I've never seen him without them.

   " Nooo, I just... I just thought about that competition you were saying last time..."

  He gasped and widened his smile.

  "Really? And what did you decide?"

  "Look... I want to give it a try...but... I don't want the others to find out." I pouted and he blushed.

   "That's not difficult..." he moved his shoulders, sitting next to me.

  "You think so?"

  "Yes, the names are not officially announced! You just send your composition on-line..."

   "Woo, that's a relief! Is... is there any prize?" I giggled, not actually expecting an answer.

   "Of course! The winner is winning a scholarship for whatever he/she may want to study in college. Amazing, right?" he widened his eyes cutely.

  Wooo... the College/ University issue... I'm not sure yet, but that doesn't change anything... Winning is still a huge deal.

  I'm thinking too maturely... Should I feel worried for my mental health...? >.<

  "Wow, that's cool! I smiled.

  "Do you think you'll need any help?" he asked.

   "Well... you're going to tell me!" I winked.

  "I can't help you in the literature part (concering ideas and stuff), because you're probably better than me!" he blushed and rubbed the back of his head. "But I can show you some books that will help you write something unbeatable!" he winked and I clapped.

  "Will we have time to read them all? I mean, when is the competition starting?"

  "Keke, no worries! It starts exactly one month before school ends, so we have plenty of time for preparation! Do you want us to meet here?"

  I paniced~ :P

  "Nooo, not here... it will be difficult to keep it a secret here!" I blushed and he slapped himself.

  "Of course! What an idiot I am! Sorry!" he blushed again and I couldn't restrain from giggling.

  How is it possible for a nerd to be so clumsily cute??

   "No, it's OK, don't worry, it's sensible that you're forgetting it!" I patted his shoulder. "Look, I would tell you to be coming at my place but... but my brother will be there too and he's a big -head... I mean, my secret is more in danger with him than anyone else!" I mumbled and Hanbyul started laughing.

  "That's no porblem! You can be coming to our place, since you know our secret! God, we're in torn with all these secrets!" he puffed.

  I laughed and nodded. But this isn't a bad idea! It will be a nice way to ensure the secrets of both of us!

  "Yeap, why not?" I smiled.

   But... but what if I'm preventing his studying..?

  Aish, Ivy! From when have you become such a nice, caring person??

  I said it, however.

  "B-but... Hanbyul-sshi, what if I'm preventing your studying? Or if I'm bothering the other boys?"

  That gentle smile of his appeared and he tilted his head, with a lot of cuteness.

  "Are you serious? I wouldn't offer you my help if there was any chance to be annoying to any of us! But there's no such chance... Have you ever heard a bunch of boring people (men actually) being disturbed with a nice girl's presence?" he said and patted my shoulder.

  Awww... Awww... Why do I feel that weird thing in my heart? SHUT UP IVY! Oh God, he's soooo...sooo kind! And-weirdly enough for a nerd- he's funny and realistic, too... Aigooo, I really have to stop.

  "OK, then! Could we go and buy those books you were saying together, after school?" I asked.

  He seemed surprised but nodded.

  "Of course, my lady. As you wish." he smiled and funnily bowed to my direction.

  IVY! DON'T FEEL THIS WAY!!!!!!!!!

 

    Hanbyul's POV

   I can't believe that I actually set up that thing to... to spent more time with Ivy.

  The competition is real and I can really help her with these books... but she, coming to our house every now and then? Aish, Hanbyul... you're wasted, you should become a diplomat, man.

  I'm so excited, that I may puke.

  I'm excited that she actually accepted and especially willingly.

  Yeah, I may puke from excitement.

  I'm waiting for her to come, right outside of the bookshop. She said that she will "get rid of Rome", who would leave her outside her house and she would come. So, I'm waiting~

  I sent a text to Youngjun:

  "Hey hyung, I'm coming with Ivy there to study a little, so make sure that everything will be safe (for me) and NOT MESSY (for her)~ Don't let the dongsaengs embarass us! See ya~ "

  I'm sure he's laughing or cursing with that message, but with these guys... Aish, I just can't never be sure!

  Before two years, that I moved in Korea and first saw Ivy... I just wouldn't ever imagine that now, I would be waiting for her, to come with me to our house.

  It's not a date or anything more in general... But... it makes me happy, incomparably happy, to know that I will have her by my side more hours, apart from school, and on our own, that she doesn't need to hide her true self. I'm a happy man, after a long time.

  "Hey! I'm here!"

 That's her magical voice.

  I turned too abruptly and we bumped on each other. I grabbed her from her waist literally just before she was falling down.

  "I'm sorry, really sorry! I'm so clumsy!" I mumbled and she smiled.

  Lord, I HAD HER IN MY HUG! Someone wants me dead today, for sure.

  "It's OK!" she pinched my cheek. "You saved me from falling!"

   Aigooo, I have to stop this here, because I may faint.

  "Kekeke... Shall we get in there?" I pointed at the bookstore.

  "Of course!"

   We found the three books that we needed and got at the cashier. He was a kind ajusshi, that knows me, since I may be their best customer.

  "Hanbyul, wanna buy these for your girl?" he showed to me a heart-shaped key ring.

  We both gasped and moved our hands.

   "She's not my girlfriend ajusshi!" I blushed and he laughed.

  "Aish, mianhe, kiddo, you just look good together!" he giggled hardly, making me blush even more.

   I have to stop him right now from making us more awkward than we already are.

  "OK, OK, ajusshi, I'm buying this, arasso?" I gave him the extra money for the key rings and we got out quickly.

   "That's for you, I guess..." I smiled and put in her hand the key rings.

   She slightly... blushed? She accepted it, however, and smiled.

  "Thank you, Hanbyul... It's very kind of you... He was a funny ajusshi, however! I didn't feel awkward, so no worries!"

  Yes, girl, but I did... Because I'm the one with the... the feelings...

    We stopped one more time later, as Ivy wanted to buy popcorn and chips for "my boys". I insisted that there was no reason, but she insisted too, so I just let her do as she wishes. I can't say no to her, anyways.

  She got in the market and I sat, waiting for her, right outside.

  A company of three boys, at about our age, appeared at the market's entrance and I heard their talks.

  "Did you see that chick that just got in here?" the one asked.

  "Ne, she's pretty hot! Should we try have fun with her, as soon as she gets out?" the second one smiled scarily.

  "Why not? She seems an "easy" girl, anyway, so we won't have any problem..." the third pushed the others and they started laughing.

  That's it. I'm mad. How can they think such things for a gentle girl like Ivy? I hate such bastards!

  I got up, frowning.

  "Hey, you three idiots! Stop talking about that girl!" I yelled.

  They turned, pretty surprised, and looked at me with bored eyes. They are not taller than me, but they are surely more masculine. I'm still mad however...

  "Shut up, you weirdo! We are not asking you about what we're talking or doing!" the first one pushed me.

  "I won't shut up, if you don't start respecting that girl and every girl around you!" I pushed him back with all my strength.

  "Get lost, you nerd!" the second lifted his hand.

  And with his fist tightened, he gave me a punch right on my face.

  Ouch~

  I lost balance and fell on my back, on the ground.

   I heard a woman shouting.

   My punched face was burning me and I felt something hot running down on it.

  I tried to lift my hand to touch it, but the third guy gave me a kick on my stomach, touching a little of my ribs, too, so my hand ended up there.

  My head turns... I feel like throwing up.

  The first guy grabbed me from my school jacket's labels and gave me another punch on the other side of my face.

  That's it. I'm sure I'm bleeding. I feel it dripping on my eyes.

  My feet cannot support me anyway... I think I finally fell down.

 

  Ivy's POV

   I paid for the popcorn and chips for Hanbyul's roommates and smiled at the cashier.

   I'm pretty happy with my decision, as long as it's kept secret.

   And, weirdly again, I'm happy that I'm going at Hanbyul's and the other boys' place... I feel comfortable with all of them...

    He also gave me that heart-shaped key rings he bought at the bookstore.

   Aigoo, why is he so cute? 

   He makes me wanting to hurry to get back by his side...

 

   I got out with a dreamy smile, but my heart stopped with what I saw there.

   Three guys are holding Hanbyul! And he is hurt! His face has bloody wounds and he seems dizzy! He can't walk!

   Oh my God, I must not cry!

   Be brave!

   I walked decisevely to their direction and pushed them all.

  "Yah, you! Leave him alone NOW! Do you get me? NOW!" I almost screamed.

  "Ha, we were waiting for you, girl!" a disgusting guy said and they all grinned, approaching me.

   I put out my phone and started pushing random buttons. That must work!

  "OK, you decided it! I'm calling the police, guys!" I shouted and held the phone on my ear. "Yes? Police? Please come to..."

  I didn't need to finish my words. They ran away, as quickly as they could.

  I threw my phone in my bag and looked at Hanbyul.

  He... he seemed really hurt.

  What the hell did happen?

   I couldn't hold back my tears, as I bent over him.

  "Hanbyul? Hanbyul, are you OK?" I gently caressed his cheek, which was covered with blood, from the wound on his eyebrow. The other one was on his bottom lip and his cheek was a bit bruised, too.

  My hands are literally shaking.

  "Hanbyul?"

  He opened his eyes and tried to get up. An ajumma approached us, with a terryfied expression.

   "Are you OK?" he whispered weakly.

  "Of course I am, but you're not!" I cried more.

   "No worries, I'll survive..." he smiled and I supported him to get up.

   "Are you crying?" he asked, with his eyes half-closed.

   "Ne, of course I do! Look how hurt you got by these bastards!" I shouted.

   "Don't cry, please." he smiled again and I did the exact opposite.

    How am I supposed to stop crying when he's so kind? When he's such a good person?

    When we reached his house, Kyumin opened the door to us, and almost fainted.

    They all got pretty upset.

    "What happened?" Kwangyeon asked, as he helped me comfort Hanbyul on a cosy armchair.

   "I don't know... I was in the market, buying chips for you guys...and... and when I came out, Hanbyul was being beaten by three punks!" I cried really hard.

   Man, I can't stop.

  "Don't cry, Ivy, it's not your fault. Want a hug?" Youngjun opened his arms and I left myself in there; I trust all of them...

   Don't know why but I do...

  "What happened hyung?" Kyumin asked, while Hyoseok, who seemed extremelly upset, brought some alchohol and bandages.

  "These bastards were talking rudely about Ivy... And they were about to play with her, when she was getting out of the market... I- I had to do something..." Hanbyul whispered.

   If you heard a cracking sound, that was my heart.... He did that for me?? He's so hurt because of me??

  Awwww.... Oh my God, I'll never stop crying!

  "You... went through all these for... for... me?" I gasped and more tears ran down on my cheeks.

  "And I would do it again! They can't behave to girls like that!" he said and closed his eyes.

    Youngjun tightened his hug around me.

  "Hey, you, take your shirt off... It's bloody." Kwangyeon said and pulled Hanbyul's shirt.

  "Ani- aniyoooo, not here, Ivy is here..." he was mumbling.

  "No right time to be embarassed, babo" Kyumin said and I moved my head quickly.

  "Can I take care of you? I owe it, somehow, too..." I sniffed my nose.

   "Nooo, noo, please, no..." he murmured.

   His shirt off, he had a bruise on his belly and ribs, too. AIsh... I could kill those guys! Were they crazy?

  "Man, you're too hurt!" Youngjun gasped.

  "Nah.. it's less than it seems.."

  "Hyung, will you be fine??" Hyoseok asked. "Maybe we should take you to the hospital..."

  "Nooo, we will have to explain things and,... and there's no reason..." Hanbyul left his head backwards.

   "OK, OK, we will wait and see how his situation develops tomorrow and we are deciding then..." Youngjun said. "Anyway, we don't have school tomorrow, it's Saturday."

  "That's right! Let's leave now Ivy-sshi take care of hyung, as she wishes." Kwangyeon pulled the others in the kitchen.

   "Yes! We're bringing the chips, popcorn and warm milk!" Hyoseok smiled and they all disappeared.

  I put a towel in the warm water that Hyoseok had brought previously and started cleaning Hanbyul's face.

   He had his eyes closed. He wasn't wearing his glassed though. And, that's why, when he opened them, I saw how pretty his warm eyes trully are.

  I let out a sob and Hanbyul grabbed my hand gently.

  "Stop crying please..." he tried to smile again.

  "Sorry, Hanbyul, I can't... It was too shocking seeing you like that..." I whispered.

  "Sorry for putting you in such a ty situation..."

  "What are you talking about?! You did all these for me! For me! I don't want you to feel sorry for anything!"

 He smiled again and closed his eyes, seeming to enjoy my care.

   "I would do it again, really... I can't stand guys that don't respect girls... And especially..." he cut his word and slightly bit his lip.

   ! I'm so touched... Hanbyul is not a typical nerd... He's... so pleasantly different. And he make sme sometimes... Aish, forget it.

   I felt my eyes blurr again.

   I bent next to his ear.

   "Hanbyul... No one has ever done so many things for me... And I have done nothing for you... Really... you're my one and only hero... Thank you." I said and left a kiss on his cheek, that I had just cleaned.

  I really have to be careful with my feelings... Right?

 

 

From misschoi: Hi guys! Sorry, if this is a bit violent for some of you.. I didn't get into details, to avoid making it "too much". Hope you liked it! ^^  I'm so happy that Led Apple are officially coming back! Dear Lord, Hanbyul is so y in the teaser of "Bad Boys"... ToT Support them a lot; they deserve it! <3 Thank you so much for the views, the comments and the subscriptions! You make me really happy!! ^^ Take care til next time~ <3