The confused and the tempted

"Byeol" means star

Ivy’s POV

 

 

«I don’t like your ideas, Ivy…»

 

I looked at Gae In with a straight face.

 

«And I don’t think that you have any better suggestions, huh?» I answered with the same expression.

 Gae In sighed and sat next to me, on our favorite bench. Since Fumi and Hye Mi left (a few days ago), we prefer hanging out here. Zia unnie is joining us whenever she isn’t deadly busy. This park is close to the studio that she’s currently working anyway. It’s pleasant to be on the outside in summer. Especially when it’s not extremely hot and especially when your house is the loneliest place in the whole world. My parents will be absent for a month more at least. And Nicko- even with a broken arm- is constantly out, doing with his friends. Gae In has started working for a cafeteria, so when I go to the airport, she has something else to do and we meet in the evenings.

 I go every day in the airport. I’m not trying to prove anything. It’s just my sincere feeling; I just want to be right there when they come back from Japan. And- because Hanbyul isn’t going to tell me for no reason the exact date they are coming back- I have to go there every day. But it’s OK. Miss Jung and I have become good friends and I like watching people going and coming. It feels refreshing.

 

 I bit my nail, receiving a slight slap from Gae In.

 

«Yah, stop that!» I yelled.

«OK, you are spreading the rumor that Rome is dating another girl. But Rome keeps on going out with his idiots and only. Don’t you think that everyone and especially Hannah, Haneul and Hyoseon will expect to see that new and unknown girl?» Gae In rolled her eyes and it was my turn to sigh.

«I know, but I couldn’t think of anything else… What, did you want to pretend his new girlfriend?» I raised my hands, feeling a little upset.

 

Gae In, being still a little shy, blushed.

«Are you crazy? I’m with Kyumin! How could I do that? And what would he say? And-..»

«Oh, shut up! I get it!» I huffed.

«And why didn’t you do it?» Gae In raised an eyebrow.

I slapped my forehead.

«NO! Ani! I can’t… I can’t do that. I don’t want to do that! The idea and only makes me feel… Ugh!» I frowned intensely, a grimace of annoyance on my face.

«But I thought you were still OK with Rome…»

«I am… But only friendly! I can’t pretend being with him… You won’t understand, but since I realised what I feel for Hanbyul… I can’t stand the idea of having someone else by my side, someone else touching me, even if it is fake. I just can’t…» I supported my forehead on my hand.

 

  Gae In patted my back.

«I do understand, really.» she slightly smiled.

«Thanks.» I sighed. «Beyond this, imagine Hanbyul finding out about this. He’d consider me the total lame person, the total , that was playing and lying again and who knows what else! And he’d be right! He would have any reason to forget me and hate me and what would I do without him?» I said, without breathing in between, and I felt my voice cracking again.

 

UGH!

How easily do I cry lately?

 

«Aw, dear, stop thinking like this… You didn’t do this, so there’s no need to worry for these crazy things!» she hugged me and caressed my hair.

 

I sniffed my nose.

 

«I’m so badly…»

«In love?» my friend smiled and patted my head once again. «I know, it’s so obvious, dear. So obvious…» she sighed and looked at me. «Does he know…? About you, going every day to the airport…»

I moved my head quickly.

«Oh no. No, no. I don’t want to make him feel sorry for me by advertising my actions. At first, I was saying some things in my messages to him, but now I’ve stopped mentioning anything relevant with these. He doesn’t need to know, I want it to be a surprise when he sees me…» I rubbed my eyes.

Gae In smiled weakly again.

 

«I think he’d melt if he knew… I can ask Kyumin to tell him these…»

 

I reacted as if being electrified.

«No! No, Gae In- ah! Don’t do that! He’ll think that I asked you to do it for similar with the previous reasons! Let’s leave them alone~ My every day messages are enough…» I scratched my head awkwardly.

«Has he answered to any of them?»

 

I bit my lip and lowered my eyes.

«No…» I said after a long pause. «But… he’s probably just acting childish… He probably thinks that he is punishing me in this way. Hurting me like I did to him…»

 

 Gae In looked away.

«Or…»

«Or what?» I mumbled, feeling nervous.

«Nothing… I was just wondering if you aren’t afraid if he forgets you…»

My heart ached intensely and I closed my eyes and ears with fear.

 

 I feel dizzy with these thoughts.

 

«No, no, no! He can’t forget me, right? Don’t say that… Please, don’t…» I looked at her with pleading eyes.

«OK, OK, relax, dear! I won’t mention anything like this again! I promise!» she hugged me again. «Ugh, Ivy, how did that boy end up meaning so much to you?» she murmured.

«Does «how» matter, once it has happened?» I said in between of my silent tears.

 

 What scares me the most is that Gae In might be right… I AM afraid of that. And what makes me worry is that she asked me about that… She must know something that I don’t.  She might want to prepare me mentally…

 

 Oh, my heart is beating like crazy with that option.

 

«Still, it’s very rude to not answer to any of your messages. He used to be so kind… Someone should remind him how to behave well.» my friend frowned.

«Naaah, I told you, he thinks that he is punishing me by not answering…» I tried to smile. «Hanbyul will never become rude. He has a kind soul from the beginning.»

«And will you keep on sending these messages every day, even without an answer?»

 

I bit my nail and slowly nodded.

 

«I feel like I’m talking to him… Because he must be- at least- reading them. I’m telling him everything and that makes me feel lighter and relieved. Because that’s what had made me feel closer to him in first place. He might not be answering, but- in this way- I… I feel like I can be with him all the time…» I left my nail and bit my lip.

 

Another reason also crossed my mind. And it’s a little pathetic.

 

«And maybe…»

 

«Hey, beautiful girls!» a voice interrupted me and we both turned and faced Rome, along with Kangjun and their maknae, Maru.

«Oh, hi, guys.» Gae In simply waved and I followed her slowly.

 

 Rome, though, instantly noticed my teary eyes.

 

«Hey, hey, what is this with the teary eyes??» he approached me and bent to look at me better.

 

«Oh, nothing, I was talking about something sad, it’s my fault.» Gae In hurried to answer.

«I asked Ivy, though.» Rome frowned and I looked at him and smiled.

«No worries, Rome, I’m fine.» I patted his arm.

«If you aren’t, I’ll sing EXO’s «Baby, Don’t Cry» for ya!» Kangjun hurried to assure me and I giggled.

«No need, really. But thank you for your interest. How are you, little one?» I looked at Maru, changing topic quickly.

«I’m OK, noona. I passed all my lessons, so, I can be happy and relaxed!» he smiled and his eyes became smaller cutely.

«Oh, yes, I found out about that from Rome! Good job, I’m proud of you!» I got up and patted his head, his cheeks instantly turning red.

 

 Ugh, I swear that my confidence has dropped to zero. I changed literally upside down.

 I’m not the Ivy that these people used to see.

«You’re so cute lately.» Kangjun pinched my cheek, my turn to blush.

«Really? I don’t do it on purpose, if you are wondering. Instead, I feel like total lately.» I rubbed the back of my head, causing, though, Rome to roll his eyes.

«She’s exaggerating; she was always cute.» he hugged me with his right arm.

 «No, no. I mean, she was always cute of course. But now she is differently cute. She’s so calm and sweet all the time, more caring than ever.»

«That’s how people in love usually become.» Gae In said with boredom, causing me to widen my eyes.

«Lool, what are you…» I was about to protest, but Rome discreetly nudged me.

«Well, Gae In- ah, you aren’t a prove of this. Falling in love made you more mature, more determined, right?» he smiled, no sarcasm in his voice really, and Gae In remained poker- faced for a while, then nodded slowly.

 

Thank God! There’s no need for Kangjun and Maru to find out about my personal stuff. However comfortable I feel with them.

 

«Where are you guys going?» Gae In broke the slightly frozen atmosphere.

«We are going to play basketball and then for pizza.» Maru smiled slyly and we all laughed.

«Sounds like a nice program to me.» I put my tongue out.

«But, ugh, what if we meet Hannah and the other scary stupid girls?» Kangjun made a funny grimace.

Rome hurried to join him and slapped his forehead.

 

«How can a person become so annoying??» he murmured through gritted teeth.

«You have to find a girl, at least to present her as your girlfriend. I couldn’t come up with anything better.» I moved my shoulders.

«No, really, the idea with changing my number was daebak. I mean, I was like 50% relieved!» he confirmed and smiled.

«Well, then, find a girl. It won’t be difficult for you.» Gae In commented.

 

Rome blushed.

 

«I… I don’t feel like finding one for real yet. However funny that may sound for you… I haven’t got over Ivy and our relationship yet.»

 

Aw, that’s sweet~

 

«Do as you feel, dear, really. I only suggested you to find a girl just to avoid Hannah. Don’t do anything that will make you feel bad.» I caressed his hair quickly and he blushed even more.

«Can’t you do it for a while more?» he almost whispered and took a puppy look in his eyes.

 Oh, don’t do that, Rome!

 

 I sighed slowly.

 

«No, Rome, please, don’t do this.» I returned the puppy eyes, with no playful mood though.

He hugged me tight and I felt his hand behind my head.

Man, that’s a tight hug~

 

«Please… Just to convince Hannah that she has no chance.»

I sighed again and gently pushed him back.

 

«C’mon, dear. I can’t. I just can’t, OK?» I said as sweetly as I could, feeling my psychology being more and more ruined. «Don’t make it difficult for me, huh?»

 He lowered his eyes and bit his lip.

 

«OK, I won’t put more pressure on you. Because, I can see it, you are not OK. Have fun, baby, OK?»

 

I nodded quickly and smiled at him and the others.

 

«You, too guys. We’ll talk.»

«And think of it!»he turned and yelled at me, as they were walking away, causing me and Gae In to roll our eyes.

 

«Ugh, he is so persistent!» I laughed a little, feeling already tired with the tornado of my emotions becoming crazier and crazier.

«I wouldn’t ever believe that Rome would like you so much for real.»

«Huh?» I murmured.

«C’mon, now, you can see it that his melting for you. He’s looking for an excuse to bring you back to his side.»

«Yeah… Maybe.» I moved my shoulders. «But there’s no such chance.»

 

 

 

 

Hanbyul’s POV

 

 

 

My vocal training, along with Kyumin, has ended up being the most tiring thing in the whole world lately.

 

«One more time!» the vocal coach moved his hand .

 

I couldn’t but sigh and the coach clapped his hands intensely.

 

«C’mon, Hanbyul! It’s the last time!»

«OK, OK, I’ll start…» I lowered my eyes and started singing.

 

Kyumin, who is standing next to me, is drinking water like crazy; his previous exercise was a hard one and he has even sweated.

 

The others can be heard performing their music from the other studio, Youngjun’s voice giving instructions mostly distinguished.

At least they don’t have a coach over their heads yelling things and ordering them to do this and that.  (Well, Youngjun and only is enough capable of doing this… >.< But don’t tell him I said that, OK??)

 

 Everything was going perfectly, until my voice- all of a sudden- cracked, causing the coach to widen his eyes, Kyumin to burst into laughs and me to blush.

 

«Mihanaeyo!» I bowed. «I don’t know how that happened…»

 

Kyumin kept on laughing and I didn’t hesitate to slap his arm. It was the coach’s turn to start laughing. Thank God he’s simply laughing.

 

«Guys, relax and stop acting childish! OK, I got it, you are tired. Let’s stop for today.» he smiled and got up, collecting things.

«Don’t worry, coach, Byuli hyung is probably nervous because he hasn’t received a message today…» Kyumin put his tongue out, taking his revenge for the slap he received.

 I looked at his with deadly eyes, but the coach simply smiled and got out of the room.

 

«Ugh, shut your stupid mouth!» I pushed Kyumin, who started laughing again.

«But, it’s so obvious hyungieeee! You are pretending like you don’t care, but you are waiting Ivy’s messages anxiously every single day. Even though you are not answering.» he smirked with idiocy, making me more upset.

 

To be honest,, Ivy hasn’t sent a message yet… Should I be worried?

 

«Oh, stop that! It’s my own business, huh? How many times have I told you that?»

«Many, really, but I don’t get your behavior, hyung. Anyway, let’s just not talk about this now, because I can’t stand fighting all over again with you.» Kyumin moved his shoulders and got out of the room, too.

 

The truth is that I don’t get my behavior all the time, either. I could be answering a simple «Hi», «Yes», «No», something.

 

 But when I think of doing it, something stops me.

 

My stubbornness, my newly- formed pride, I don’t really know.

 

My mobile beeped.

 

That’s it!

Eum…

I mean, that’s it…?

 

I hurried to look at my screen.

 

 

Message received from My-charming-beautiful- cute- funny- smart- treasure

 

 

YEAH~^^

 Eum, I mean yes, it’s Ivy.

 

 

From: My-charming-beautiful- cute- funny- smart- treasure

 

Day 23rd without you.

 

Today it’s been tiring. I don’t feel very well. Not concerning my health, but mostly my mood. I feel like someone is playing with my emotional buttons. So many ups and downs. Gae In is laughing at me, she even told me that I act as if I’m pregnant or smth… Stupid girl. =_= Anyways, here it’s boring. The usual, boring stuff is happening; nothing more, nothing less. I hope you are doing well. I pray for you all, every day.

I miss you so much that I can’t put it in words.

Love you to the stars and back~<3

 

 

 

Oh, man.

 

Why do her messages keep on giving me goose bumps?

 

And today… she doesn’t really seem good. What happened?

 

She is hiding something, isn’t she?

 

God, I’m worried now.

 

It’s not that I don’t miss her, too.

 

I miss her. A lot.

 

But… Ugh, I don’t know!

 

I’m still so confused and…

 

I closed my eyes and pressed the «Answer» button.

 

«What is going on? Are you OK..»

 

I had started typing already, when I felt someone’s presence on the door.

Lifting my eyes, I faced Akemi. She’s one of the girls that are working with us and that Universal Music has provided to us.

She’s kind of cute.

 

«Are you on your own, Hanbyul- sshi?» she asked me, acting cutely as usually.

«Ehm… Yes! We just finished practicing and I… I was simply sending a text.» I smiled.

«Oh, poor one, why did they leave you all alone?» she came closer to me and pulled my hand.

«Naaah, it’s OK, don’t worry.» I resisted for literally two seconds and then got up.

«Come with me, we can have some coffee at the cafeteria downstairs, huh?» she smiled kindly and pulled me again.

«Ah.. Yes, OK, why not? Let me call the others, too.»

«I’d prefer without the others, but do as you wish!» she winked and I hurried to give a shout out to the rest of the band.

I don’t want to be all alone with her. You never know what happens.

 

The others joined us more than willingly and we all headed downstairs, my mobile still in my hands.

 

Akemi passed her arm around mine and we started walking like this.

 

Up to lately, I didn’t know the feeling of a girl chasing you.

 

It feels weird, but nice, too. I’m enjoying it, however jerk I may sound.

 

«Oh, leave the mobiles aside, we’re going to relax now!» Akemi pushed the red button on my mobile, which went black immediately.

 

I yawned. She’s right. We’re going to relax now after a tiring day. Anything else can wait.

 

Right? 3:

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hi guys! Sorry for the small update, but- people- I'm in the most ahjuhfdsaggk mood I could be! This Saturday I'll be attending Led Apple's concert in Romania and I just can't believe it! I swear that I feel so weird and -ugh!- that I can't even descirbe it~ That's a dream coming true >.< I hope my Apples will have the same fun as we will all do~ Thank you for your constant support, views, the new subscriptions and yoru lovely comments! Your opinion always matters to me, so don't hesitate to leave me any comments! Take care til next time! ^^ <3