Stronger

"Byeol" means star

Youngjun’s POV

 

 

  

 

 

  The idea that I could have saved this ty situation is always in my mind.

    Today it was the third day that Ivy didn’t appear in school. After… after that that happened on Monday. We saw her only in the afternoon of that damn Monday. And she was a wreck.

  She came out of school, last of all, along with Hanbyul. Her eyes, her big and pretty eyes, were red and swollen. Her skin pale. Her hair messy. Not the usual Ivy at all. Hanbyul had hugged her protectively. I was surprised with that sight, though. I was afraid that Ivy might blame Byuli for this. But- instead- from what Hanbyul told me, she was only seeking for refuge. She wasn’t mad at all at him.

   Maybe this is a pleasant surprise, too.

  She then fell in my hug and the others hurried to comfort her. She wasn’t crying at that moment, but she was in a dreadful condition. As I said before, a total wreck. We avoided to ask her anything. It might have made the situation even worse.

  

 

 

  Is it my fault that this thing happened? I was the only to have heard Hyoseon’s threatening words. They had to do with Rome, though. Not directly with Ivy.

  But I should have thought of it… I should!

  I hit the strings of my guitar intensely, causing Kwangyeon to look at me.

 «Easy.» he said and smiled lightly.

 «Ne, I’m sorry.» I nodded and looked at the floor.

    Our practicing room is weirdly silent. Only our instruments can be heard every now and then. I didn’t expect this to affect Hanbyul and all of us, that much.

 But it did.

  And I haven’t told him yet that I might (might- might) have known something in advance. But I have to. At least then, he will be sure that Hyoseon and Haneul are responsible for this fuss.

  I looked at Hanbyul. He has brought his books to study, but neither he is studying, nor singing. He’s simply sitting next to the window and looking outside. He has his mobile in his hands the whole time, waiting for Ivy’s news.

  He’s so worried for her, that he’s calling her many times through the day. Just to be sure that she’s fine. Not that I’m not worried, but… Hanbyul is betraying too much himself. I guess, however, that it doesn’t matter right now a lot. Ivy is too confused and sad to notice these things.

   The silence was broken by the vibration of his mobile. He almost dropped it, bringing it closer to him ear with shaky hands.

  «Ne? Ivy? Hi… How are you? I’m… I’m fine. I was about to call you… Ne, they are all fine. What?... Ah, yeah. OK, as you wish. Tomorrow, then? Arasso… Take care, please. Bye…»

  He hanged up and both Kwangyeon and I looked at him. He didn’t though and returned his look outside the window.

  «Mwo??» Kwangyeon asked, with concerned eyes.

  «She says she’s fine… But she asked me not to call her again for today. She said that she doesn’t want me to spend my whole time doing this.» he said, without looking at us.

 «How did she sound like?» I got up and approached him.

 «The same. Her voice  tired and husky, her tone low and weak… Ugh, the same . I can’t stand hearing her suffering anymore!» he brushed his hair with his fingers and took off his glasses.

  «Hanbyul, I have to tell you…»

  «No! Nothing, Youngjun! I can’t stand anything right now.» he covered his ears and I remained with my mouth half- opened.

  That moment, the door of our practice room opened and Hyoseok, with Kyumin and Chusang got in. They are caring our food, from the fast- food restaurant close to our building. To be sincere, I have no appetite right now. No at all.

  «Hey…» Kyumin waved weakly.

  «Hey…»

  «What’s with this mood guys? Is something wrong?» Chusang asked, leaving the bags on the floor.

  The boys looked at me.

 «Nothing. We just are a little down…» I moved my shoulders.

 «Oook, then. Oh, Hanbyul! You took off your glasses…! Look, how much better things look now!» Chusang grabbed a tiny mirror and put it in front of Byuli.

  Aigoo, no right time to talk about Hanbyul’s styling, hyung!

  Hanbyul looked first at Chusang and then pushed his hand away.

  «Leave me alone, hyung! I have no mood, OK?» he said firmly and put his glasses on again.

  «And then you tell me that nothing is wrong. I know you better than you think, guys…» Chusang frowned intensely.

    I have to tell Hanbyul. And Ivy of course. But I have to say it.

 «Hyung, can you leave us for a few minutes? We have to discuss about something and then you can come back.» I turned to Chusang and looked at him intensely.

   He frowned even more, but turned and leave.

  «Did we have any news from Ivy?» Hyoseok whispered.

 «She’s in the same condition. But she asked Byuli hyung not to call her again, today.» Kwangyeon whispered back, looking at Hanbyul with the corner of his eyes.

  «I want to say something.» I said and everyone looked at me, apart from Hanbyul. «Hanbyul, I mainly want to say it to you.»

 «AND I said that I don’t want to hear anything!» he yelled.

 «But you are going to listen to this, get it?» I yelled back and he finally turned to look at me. «When we were at the camp, during the last night in particular, we were all hanging out together, around a fire. Because of ridiculous reasons, Ivy’s company decided to pull a prank on Hyoseon and Haneul.»

  Hanbyul’s eyes widened and he gulped noisily.

 «A-and?» he mumbled.

 «Ivy got really upset. She became pale and was asking them, begging them, not to do it. Because they had no reason to do it. I saw that Rome was being pushy to her to follow them, but I saw Ivy’s panic, too. So, I asked them if we, Led Apple, and the girls of the company- excluding Hannah-  could just stay where we were, because we didn’t really want to follow. They agreed, with anger maybe, and left. Ivy, however, was still worried about what was going to happen, so I (here, I looked at the others and put my tongue out), by myself, followed them in the forest and waited to see what they were doing. I won’t make things longer than they should be. Hyoseon and Haneul ended up in the water of the lake and the pranksters ran away, laughing loudly. I was about to leave the place, but I stayed when I heard Haneul’s and Hyoseon’s talks. In short, Hyoseon said that she will make the heads of the school royals to suffer. I… I thought that it could have to do with Ivy, too, even though she wasn’t present. You know, by doing something to Ivy, Rome would be affected, too. I just didn’t want to make her worry with only suspicions. And I never thought that their reaction would have been so quick. I was planning to tell the boys to watch over those two and act before they do something… But it seems like my plans went in vein.» I concluded my small narration and scratched my head awkwardly.

   Hanbyul was looking at me, but it was like he wasn’t looking at anywhere. He then bowed his head and puffed.

 «I see… So, it’s more than obvious that Hyoseon and Haneul are responsible for this. I was thinking that I wasn’t careful enough and betrayed this thing with Ivy…» he murmured.

 «I know you very well, Mr. Jang, and I knew that you would think of this . Don’t blame always yourself! Ivy didn’t do that either, without knowing these things that I told you now!» I scolded him and puffed, too.

 «I want to smash Hyoseon’s face…» Kwangyeon whispered with anger.

 «Don’t be silly. I have to find something else to fix this situation. I’ve promised it to Ivy. But no one is going to listen to me, the nerd… Neither you, as Led Apple. It will be obvious then, if you support me and her, that we are related, somehow.» Hanbyul stood up for the very first time and started walking up and down in the room.

  He suddenly turned to me.

  «Thank you Youngjun, for telling me this. It makes me feel better, somehow, really. And… thank you for being so caring with Ivy. You really did your best in protecting her when I couldn’t.» he smiled lightly and- coming closer to me- he tied his arm around my neck and rubbed my head intensely.

   Silence filled the room for one more time.

  I’m trying to think of a solution, but I just can’t. Everyone in school knows very well how to judge other people, while they can’t judge themselves and their .

 «The truth is that the thing will be solved only by Ivy’s mouth. At least, that’s what I believe.» Hyoseok said, opening the bag with the food. «Does anyone really want to eat now?» he asked, moving his nose.

 «Aniiii!» we all exclaimed and he, giggling, closed the bag again.

 «Hyoseok is right. Only Ivy has the chance to change their mind. But… how?» I scratched my head. «Have other particular things happened to cause Hyoseon hate you that much? To be suspicious over you? Man, she even took photos of you!»

«There are a couple of things that I was only sharing with Ivy and she with me, but they don’t matter right now. I mean, these photos were taken literally the first day of my lessons with Ivy! That means she had followed us that day, no matter what. She was already suspicious, before these things that I mentioned happened. She just found the right time for her to use them.» Hanbyul moved his head with nerve and sat back down, next to Kyumin.

   «Ugh, I don’t know. Things are complicated because of people’s stubbornness.» Kyumin said and punched the pillow on our sofa.

 «You haven’t told us, really, Byuli hyung. How are these days for you at school? We followed your instructions and didn’t come to see you at all, but you didn’t tell us anything in our house either.» Hyoseok asked.

  That’s a good question. I guess that, since his face isn’t beaten we’re still, OK… >.<

 «Oh… Things are really bad. In class, no one is looking at me. They throw at me papers and heart shaped things with Ivy’s name on them. During the breaks I don’t even go out. But they pass outside the classroom and say stuff. I simply can’t ran away from any of this .»

 «What about Ivy’s company? I was sure that Rome would want to beat the out of you.» Kyumin asked, in a way that caused us laughter.

 «I was worried for that. But he didn’t. We accidentally met in the hall yesterday and he just looked at me with hatred, yes it was hatred for sure. Scary eyes, but nothing more. He didn’t even say anything.»

  That’s a relief. I wouldn’t stand seeing Hanbyul beaten face for one more time.

  The door of the practice room opened once again and only Chusang’s head appeared.

  «Can I come back now and eat, please?» he asked and I rolled my eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  Ivy’s POV

 

 

 

 

  I’ve been crying in front of my computer’s screen for an hour now. Christina is looking at me as if I’m crazy. We hadn’t talked after the last incidents, but today, I didn’t hold back and called her through Skype.

  It’s the third day that I didn’t go to school. After… After that awful thing happened.

  My mom got scared the first day, when I came home from school. She thought of 10 different scenarios about what happened to me, but then I explained to her and she got really mad. Firstly, she wanted to make complaints to our headmaster for not protecting his students from such mean actions and secondly, she became mad at me, for being like this for such a thing.

  But for me it isn’t just a simple thing. For me… this could be the end of my popular life in school. And… I just can’t stand not even the idea of it.

   Thankfully, my mom talked with the school and they allowed me not to go for the next days. I wouldn’t be able to survive not a single minute in there, under these conditions.

  Nicko, of course, was whining that he would go to school, while I wouldn’t, but dad scolded him that much that he just shut it up for the whole evening.

  Ugh, my head aches me. It must be because of crying that much… My eyes look dreadful, too.

  «Will you stop crying NOW, PEASE???» Christina yelled through her microphone and I looked at her, ready to cry again.

 «I- I can’t…» I sniffed my nose loudly and then blew it with a tissue.

  My mobile rang and I looked at it with no different look.

 «Who is it now?» Christina rolled her eyes.

 «It’s Rome again…» I murmured sadly and turned over my phone, so as I wouldn’t look at it anymore.

   This must be the 20th time he’s calling me… But I can’t talk to him. Mostly, I’m afraid that he will start yelling at me again and asking for explanations. However, I’m a little mad at him, too. He behaved really badly that day, that moment. He ridiculed me in front of everyone. I know he was angry, but we know each other for 3 years now… Couldn’t he simply respect me a little more? 

 «Don’t you dare answering his calls!» my cousin warned me. «He behaved no good and he’s considered to be your boyfriend for… 2 years now?»

 «I wouldn’t answer Christina… I’ve told you the reasons and you know I wouldn’t.  But he’s making me even more upset by only seeing his name on the screen…»

 «Leave the tears aside please and tell me what are you planning to do now.»

 «Nothing. I don’t really know.» I moved my shoulders, whipping some tears.

 «Of course it’s no solution to stop going to school forever. But… which is the solution…?» Christina scratched her head, causing more despair to me.

 «You see? You don’t even know! How should I know??» I whined again.

 «Oh, that’s enough! Don’t whine that much! Things are easier than they seem… After all, you didn’t have a real relationship with Hanbyul, as the paper was saying… Right?» she lifted her eyebrow and I nodded quickly.

 «But no one is going to believe this! Since they have seen photos of me and him hugging, they won’t listen to anything different from this…»

 «Really, why were you hugging?» she asked suspiciously again and I rolled my eyes.

 «Christina! That was the first day that I would be going for a lesson at his house! Why should I hug him in the middle of the street?? We just bumped on each other and he held me, so as I’m not falling down. The photo, however, seems like he’s hugging me. And as for the second one… He was beaten up by 3 bullies! He was bleeding and couldn’t walk! And he did it all for me! What? Should I leave him there and ran away? I had to help him and I supported him to walk. Which seems like a hug again. This time by me.» I shouted.

  Ugh, I can’t even stand remembering that piece of paper (I intented to say , really)… It only brings me more heart and head ache.

 «Still, you have hugged him for real, other moments, haven’t you?»

   I got mad. Why is she doing that, too?

 «Does it really matter, cousin? What if I have or have not?»

 «I asked that irrelevantly with the incident at school.» she giggled and I cursed through gritted teeth.

  «Enough. Hanbyul… I don’t want to listen to bad words for Hanbyul anymore. Let’s stop talking about him in general. He was so good to me and supported me on that day of the panic, and through any day of panic. He isn’t calling me again, today, anyway. You heard me telling him so.»

 «Yes, I did. And don’t get upset when I talk about him. It’s not that bad to talk about him.» my cousin smirked. «Talking about him, I have never seen his face. Is he handsome?»

   I cursed again, causing Christina to widen her eyes, and looked at her angrily.

 «Can we return to MY problem????» I yelled and she laughed.

   My mobile vibrated again. Unconsciously, I took it in my hands. In a second, I thought that my move was unnecessary, since it would definitely be Rome again.

  However, it isn’t. It is a number that I don’t really know, neither have saved in my mobile.

  Who is it…?

  «It’s a number that I don’t know…» I murmured and pushed the answering button.

 «No! Don’t answer! Rome might be calling you from another mobile!» Christina moved her hands and she managed to make me hesitant.

 

  I have answered the phone call, but I haven’t talked.

 

  «Ne? Ivy, are you there?»

  

 Hey, that voice is… is pleasantly familiar.

 

  «Hang it up! Before he talks! Hang it…» Christina was yelling.

  I clicked the mute symbol on Skype and made my cousin shut it up. I could just see her moving intensely.

 

  «Y- Yong Guk- shhi…?» I mumbled.

 «Ne, that’s me, girl.»

  Omoooooo~

 «Oh, hi…» I mumbled again.

 «Do I bother you? Should I call you later on?»

 «No, no! It’s OK! We can talk now!» I hurried to comfort him.

 «How have you been doing?»

 «F-fine… So- so actually, but it’s pretty complicated, so let’s leave it aside. How about you?»

 I blush even without seeing him.

 «I’m fine… Back to work. Back in the routine.»

 «That’s not very bad for singers, I guess.»

 «It depends… Anyway, I was thinking… My members are out for dinner. Do you want to come by here and practice your dance moves with me a little?»

  WOW~ OMG, what is going on?!

 «Ah… Oh… I…»

  Omo, I’m being ridiculous! Someone to slap me please!!

 «Don’t freak out!» I heard his laughter.

 «I… Yong Guk- sshi… These are difficult days for me. I don’t feel very well with some things that have happened. I don’t want to say no, but I’m in a dreadful condition…»

 «C’mon, a little dance will make things much better! C’mon, c’mon, I want company…» he whined.

 «It’s not only that I feel like this. I look dreadful, too.»

 «Don’t you remember the day that we met? You were saying the same thing… But you didn’t look dreadful at all. Anyway,  do come! Please? I promise to cheer you up…»

  Should I… Should I go? I don’t feel like going anywhere…

  But how many times am I going to receive such an invitation from Bang Yong Guk?

 «Ivy…? Are you still there?»

 «Ne… Ne, I am. Tell me where to do you want me to come. But, don’t tell me that I didn’t warn you. My mood is really ty.»

--

 

 

 It feels very weird to be in a practice studio with one of your favorite singers. Waaaaaaaay too weird.

  I feel like someone has put a zipper on my mouth and has tied my arms and legs. Even though I’ve spoken to Yong Guk before, I feel the same nervousness as the very first moment.

  Especially, now, that he’s practicing his dancing skills and I’m sitting, on the floor, in front of him, I feel like I’m in a dream or something. My head still aches me, however. And my face is in the worst condition it could have been. I couldn’t fix it with any make- up product. But, thankfully, Yong Guk didn’t comment on it.

  He must be very kind, not doing so.

  Generally, however, I have to confess that I’m not concentrated on him. My mind is still stuck on the things that happened the previous days.

  I bit my nails.

  I’m not only sad for myself. I’m mainly sad for myself. But I’m sad for Hanbyul, too. Everyone in school must be teasing him now. They must have been torturing him!

  And what if… what if Rome beat him?

  Omo! He wouldn’t tell me so that I won’t get sadder… But what if this really happened??

 Oh, my poor Hanbyul… What should I do?

 «Ivy! What’s wrong?» I felt Yong Guk patting my shoulder.

 «Huh? Ah… nothing, I’m sorry. I told you, I am not well at all.» I moved my head intensely and got up.

 «But what happened? Always something is going on when I meet you…» he put his tongue out and sat down, pulling me next to him.

  I sat with hesitance.

 «It might sound stupid and I don’t want to waste your time, so let’s just forget it.» I said quietly but he tightened his grip around my arm.

 «Since I pulled you out of the lake that night, you owe me a favor, don’t you? So, I demand you fulfill it now, by telling me what is going on.» he raised his eyebrows and looked at me with determination.

  I puffed.

 Ugh, I can’t escape from this. Oh, I will be so embarrassed to him…!

 «Anyway… OK. I’ll tell you everything.» I breathed slowly and started the story from the day that Hanbyul helped me with my Maths.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  Hanbyul’s POV

 

 

 

 

  I know that Ivy told me not to call her again today. But I’m constantly worried that something bad may happen to her.

  She’s so weak and sensitive emotionally these days…

  I’m thankful, however, that she didn’t blame me for anything. Instead, she considered me and Led Apple the only persons that could help her and support her.

  But up to now, we proved ourselves not enough to find a solution. We… we can’t think of anything. The school hates me and isn’t going to listen to me for sure. Led Apple are not famous yet, even though they were accepted by the famous students. And beyond this, they can’t support me and Ivy openly. That would mean a possible revelation of my secrets, too.

  So, we’re kind of in torn. We don’t really know what to do to solve things out. And make the school environment proper, once again, for Ivy not to feel depressed and panicked.

  I don’t really know why it is so important for her to maintain that popular image. She has never told me.

  And I think it’s something more than the privileges of famous persons.

 But I don’t know and I don’t think I’m going to find out soon.

  Since we hadn’t talked about it when we were together every day, I don’t think that it is going to happen any time soon from now on.

  I don’t even know how our relationship will be from now on. How her life and routine will be.

  UGH~ I feel useless for not finding a way to help her.

  I covered my head with my pillow. I am supposed to be studying, but I have no mood. I’m sure that, as soon I start, I’ll see Ivy instead of letters and numbers in my book.

  Thank God, Chusang let us go early from the studio. We all ate unwillingly and decided to not practice any more. Practicing music needs good mood, too. And these days, we don’t have it for sure.

  Back to our house, I simply disappeared in my room, Kyumin and Hyoseok started watching TV, Kwangyeon with Youngjun went out again for a walk with Byeol. He needed some time out, too.

 

 

 

 ~Ding, dong

 

 

  Hey. Did just the doorbell rang? Who could it be?

  I got up like crazy and looked from my window.

  …

 

  OMO~ That’s Gae In… And another girl with long, black hair!

 

  What the hell are they doing here?? ToT

  I rushed and opened my room’s door, shouting like crazy to the maknaes.

 

  «I’M NOT HERE! DON’T FORGET THAT I DON’T LIVE HERE, GOT IT??»

  Hyoseok lifted his head and looked at me, as I was standing on the top of the stairs.

 

  «We remember that, Byuli hyung. Don’t worry.» he moved his shoulders.

  I returned to my room, as I heard Kyumin opening the front door and greeting the new comers.

 

  I sighed loudly.

 

  «We remember….»

  Ha, very funny. They didn’t remember when Ivy had come here for the very first time. They spitted out everything. Idiots~

  Ugh, I hope they don’t say anything, because I’ll kill them. My mood is already ruined. I don’t need anything else to ruin it more.

  I my laptop and started checking the photos from that day we were out with Ivy, all around Seoul. Such an amazing day. And we were so close. That day… she was supporting herself on me, when she twisted her ankle… And that night… she was hugging me all the time that the others were playing a song.

 

  That was a dreamy day, actually. It was one of the very few days of my teen life that I was so happy.

 

  Aigoo~ That photo with Kwangyeon…

  I smiled unconsciously. A day with my friends and the girl that I like.

  It was something more than dreamy. It was paradise.

 

 

 

  Ivy… Why couldn’t we live differently…?

 

 

 Like a total jerk, I extended my hand and touched her face on the screen. These big eyes… these beautiful lips… that cute nose and the expressive eyebrows. And… and that smile.

  I just.. It’s one of the few times that I want that desperately to hug her tightly and whisper love words in her ear. Now… now that she needs support and protection more than ever.

    I sighed loudly and rest my head on my hands, placed on my desk.

    Is now Rome going to break up with Ivy? Because of me?

   OK, I’ll be sincere to you. I don’t give a if they break up. That guy wanted to do things with Ivy. And Ivy didn’t want to. Is there anything worse than that?

 I don’t think that there’s any chance that she will end up with me.

 There’s no such chance in the whole world.

 I just want her to be free and live her life as she wishes. This guy and this company around her wasn’t making her happy anyway.

  Gae In and that girl… That girl must be Fumino. Hyoseok’s crush… :P

 Why did they come here? For Hyoseok and Kyumin? Naah… I don’t think so. At least, not only for this.

  And how did they find our adress?

  They must have done it Ivy’s way. Asking the school’s secretary.

 

 

  Ugh… I’m curious what is going on…

  Not resisting to my evil feelings, I got up and opened slightly the door.

  I will be able to hear what they are talking about…

 

 

  «…No, Kyumin-ah. She isn’t talking to us either. I’ve called her uncountable times, but she isn’t answering!»

  That’s Gae In. I know her voice.

 «She’s in panic, Gae In-ah. It’s sensible.»

  Omo, that voice sounded like a spirit or a fairy. That must be Fumino.

 «We talked to her. But she was in a really bad condition. We… we didn’t know what to do.» Hyoseok said.

  Kekeke, I can almost see his blushed cheeks.

 «And that guy… Hanbyul- sshi. Is he really related with her?» Fumino asked.

 I gulped.

 An awkward silence followed.

 Kyumin cleaned his throat.

 «Well… you know. We didn’t ask her. She was so sensitive. How could we?»

  Thank God, that was a good answer.

 «And that guy… Hasn’t he tried to explain what is going on? I didn’t see him in school.»

 «He did. I saw him trying to talk to some juniors, but they were just teasing him. No one is going to listen to a nerd…»

 Thank you, Hyoseok. (I’m not being ironical right now. Really.)

 «What about Rome-sshi? Is he mad at Ivy a lot? I didn’t see him at school.»

 «Oh… He’s very mad. I don’t think that I have seen him madder before.» Gae In said with a scared voice.  «However… I think, he kind of missed Ivy… Since he seeks for explanation and not just deleting her…»

  Daaah~ Ivy is a perfect person. Who would want to let her go? Who could delete her??

 «Do you… Do you think that he loves her? You, girls, realise much better these things than us, the idiots…»

  Yuk… Don’t drool Hyoseok!

 «Loves her? C’mon Hyoseok… I don’t think that love exists exactly between them. It’s more a routine. Aren’t they for a long time together?» Fumino puffed with irony.

  The front door was heard opening and Kwangyeon’s and Youngun’s voices greeted the girls, with a surprised tone that I did noticed.

 «I’ll go upstairs, girls… If you excuse me…» Youngjun said really elegantly.

  I closed the door and ran in my bed, lying down on it.

  Youngjun got in without knocking and closed the door behind him, even locking it.

 «Just to be sure.» he whispered and jumped next to me. «They didn’t say anything stupid, didn’t they?»

«As long as I was hearing, no.» I smiled and patted his shoulder.

«Had they warned that they will come?»

 «No, I don’t think so. Unless these two punks hadn’t told me.»

 «Naaah, I don’t think so.»

  Youngjun looked at the screen of my laptop. He curved his lips thoughtfully and slightly smiled. 

 «She’s pretty…» he said in a normal tone, not looking at me.

 «Ne… So?»

 «Nothing. She simply doesn’t make the right choices. And -as a result- she is unhappy.»

 «We have to help her now.»

 «I don’t think we can. I thought of it. The best revenge for Ivy would be to prove that she’s still the school’s princess. That would be a nightmare for Hyoseon and Haneul. She has to find a way to make the competition look cool to the others. I mean, telling the others the truth about your lessons and then try to prove that winning such a competition is something that the popular students should do.»

  Oh… that’s a good idea. Perfect idea.

 «Wow, Youngjunnie! That’s a good idea… But it’s all up to Ivy… Maybe I should call her and explain her that fact…»

 Youngjun rolled his eyes.

«She asked you not to call her again for today.  We have tomorrow, too. She might even think of it on her own… Let her relax for today.»

 

  An email appeared on my screen. Younghee’s name.

 Younghee? What does she want now? She hasn’t talked to me for a long time now.

 Oh, I don’t have time. Later.

 I clicked and the message disappeared.

«Younghee?» Youngjun asked surprised.

«Ne… Whatever. I don’t know what she wants. Anyway, I’ll see it tomorrow.» I moved my shoulders and turned off the computer. «You say not to call her?»

 «Noooo!» Youngjun put his tongue out and hit me with my pillow.

 

 

 

  

 

 

  Ivy’s POV

 

 

 

 

 

  I didn’t expect it to be a little relief for me to say the story all over again.  But it was. I shouted, I cursed, I cried, but it was a relief to say it all over again. And Yong Guk listened to me carefully.

 I really appreciate that.

 

 As soon as I finished my words, Yong Guk came closer to me and hugged me. My heart raced like crazy. But I let myself in this hug. I needed it.

«Thank you for listening to me…» I tried to smile and he patted my head.

«C’mon, now, pretty one… I think you needed to let this out…» he smiled.

«I did… Thank you again.»

«I just have a question, Ivy… If you want, you aren’t obliged to answer…»

 Oh- oh. What could it be?

«S- say it…» I mumbled.

«Why are you doing all these? Why don’t you just every single one of them and do what you want? Why is to so important to be a school princess?» he asked pretty straightforwardly.

  Oh man… That’s a difficult question…

  I haven’t thought of it again for a long time now.

 «It’s a story that happened actually back in my country. I was only 13, just before we moved here… That’s what has hurt me so much…»

  Yong Guk didn’t seem satisfied with this answer and looked at me with question marks.

 I sighed.

 «We were going for vacation at my grandparents’ village next to the sea. We were so many children, playing next to the sea, telling stories, chasing each other… I know I was only 13, but I liked a guy from our company. He was 16 I think. I was kind of nerdy, too. I don’t know how he found out and he pretended to be all good and flirty to me. He even asked me on a «date». Don’t ask how and why… All these sound so ridiculous right now. And I, as a total idiot, believed that he indeed liked me. Well, when I went out to meet him… All the boys and some y girls from the company were waiting for us there. He had called them all, so as they could mock me all together. How could I believe that a guy like him would like me? I can still hear their laughter and teasing comments. And he had joined them so willingly. He had organised everything, after all. You know… that thing crushed my confidence. Leaving my country and not seeing them ever again was perfect. I wasn’t living in my grandparents’ village, but if we still lived in my country… I would have to see them more than every year. And as we were growing up… The teasing would be even worse. You see, coming here was the greatest chance to change my whole self. And I wouldn’t allow to anyone do that to me again. That embarrassment. It might sound funny. But for me… for me, it was something that hurt me so much that I couldn’t get over it. In the new school, I couldn’t be a loser. I had to be a perfect girl that everyone had to admire. And you know… I made it. I changed my clothes. Tried to be pretty every day. I knew every single fashion tip and showbiz news. That’s how I gained «followers» and supposed- to- be friends. Slowly I became «popular». And then Rome came. And my image was complete. Believe it or not, this situation made me forget my hurt heart. I felt like I had everything. Until… the fakeness of people around me started bothering me again. I don’t like being fake. But -at least- I was safe from any teasing comment. No one dared to look at us, you get it? But… it seems like no one can be safe forever. Being popular brings enemies, too. And enemies might mean the end of my… «royalty» in school…»

  OK, that was pretty embarrassing. Both saying and remembering it.

  I dared to look at him and he smiled. He rubbed my head intensely.

 «You’re such a… pretty girl. Don’t underestimate yourself. You’re far more than a school princess. You just can’t see it now, because school is your everything and your every day life. But you have to be confident. You’re such an amazing person. »

  I sniffed my nose sadly. Of course it is!

 «I don’t know, Yong Guk- sshi. Sorry for telling you embarrassing things. Sorry for wasting your time…»

  Yong Guk laughed.

 «Don’t be silly! Nothing is embarrassing. I liked the fact that you opened up your heart to me. I’m more sure now for the suggestion that I want to make you…»

 

  Mwo??? O_o

 

 «What… what suggestion?» I mumbled.

 «Well… Can you dance one more time one of our choreographies?»

 «Huh?» I gasped.

 «Please, do dance something… I always considered it y; girls dancing our manly choreographies.» he smirked and I blushed.

 «B- but why?» I mumbled.

  «You’ll see…» he made his smirk even slier and, after getting up, he pulled my hands, too.

 

 

 

 

   Hanbyul’s POV

 

 

  

 

 

   Every time that Youngjun sleeps in my room, we end up talking for hours.

 Here we go now, I’m yawning all the time. ALL THE TIME.

 Kwangyeon, Hyoseok and Kyumin spent a lot of time with the girls ( I think Hye Mi came afterwards, too…), while me and Youngjun were playing cards and then listening to music and chatting about anything and everything, until the others warned us that the girls were gone.

  Thank God they didn’t realise not even a little my presence. I’m always very careful, anyway, but the dongsaengs were very discreet this time, too. They didn’t have a teasing mood, that’s why, I guess.

 I yawned again.

 The same story today, too. Everyone was looking at me with mean eyes and they are still throwing papers at me, even before the lesson starts. Thankfully, I didn’t meet Rome or any of his company. I don’t even know if they have come today.

 

  But I don’t care much.

 

  Since... Since she isn’t here. Nothing matte…

 

 

  WTF??

 

  The door opened and Ivy casually got in the classroom.

 

  What??

 

  I rubbed my eyes, under my glasses, and moved my head intensely. Just to make sure that I’m not dreaming of her again.

  Every single talk stopped inside the classroom and they all looked at her with an amazingly funny face.

  So, I’m not the only one seeing her.

 Thank you, Lord, I’m not crazy yet.

  She walked in and waved, saying «Good morning» with her usual cute/ provocative way.  Make- up, clothes, face, hair… everything was done perfectly, just like before anything had happened…

 

  Is she OK…? Wow…

  As no one responded to her, she simply moved her shoulders and headed for… THE SEAT BEHIND ME???

 

  OK, who’s playing that trick on me and the whole class??

  I turned and looked at her, my surprise more than obvious. She smiled calmly and winked at me.

 

  It’s her for sure… And she seems so- so- so fine.

 

  What happened? Yesterday she wasn’t very well…

 

  But if she’s really happy, I’m happy, too.

  I blushed because of her smile and everyone in class started whistling teasingly. I heard many embarrassing comments and looked at everyone angrily.

 «Shut up, idiots.» Ivy said firmly in a way, that the well- known Ivy would definitely do.

 She’s still herself… Is she planning something?

 Indeed the class shut it up. They must be shocked with Ivy’s usual confidence still here.

   Mr. Park got in the classroom and –looking at Ivy- smiled widely.

   He didn’t say anything, however, and simply started his lesson.

 

  During this hour…

  I suddenly felt Ivy’s hand on my shoulder. I shivered intensely. I hadn’t felt this for a long time.

 That’s the signal to give her the Biology text book… Does she mean the same thing?

  With shaking hands, I put it out of my bag and passed it clumsily to her.

  When I got it back, I saw written on it:

 

 «Don’t worry, chingu. Be happy! And please, do come at the cafeteria, during the long break… I want you to be there for me, pleaaaase! *acts cutely*»

 

  What’s this now? Of course I’ll go, if she asks me so, but what is going on?

 

--

 

 

 

  The cafeteria… Ugh.

 I don’t think I have come back here any other day, except my very first one in this school. Thank God I wasn’t coming! It’s so crowded in here! And so noisy!

  I saw Led Apple from a far. They are with the girls. I have sent a text to Youngjun, warning him that something might happen. It’s better that we are all here.

  «All». Rome and his dudes just entered. Hannah in Ray’s hug.  Many students looked at them but they ignored them.

  Do they know that Ivy is here today?

  Oh, God. Someone to hold me back because I might kill today, right now. Haneul and Hyoseon just got in.

  I just thought of 10 different ways how to kill someone.

  Omo, these girls are something, huh? Disgusting creatures…

  They passed next to me and Hyoseon whispered something to Haneul, both of them looking at me and smiling.

 They think that I don’t know anything,  right? They didn’t even notice Youngjun watching them falling into the water. But Hyoseon should expect that I’d think of her first of all.

 Stupid people… Ugh, they make me wanna puke.

 

  Suddenly, everything became quiet again, just like previously in class, as Ivy got in the cafeteria. Rome got up from his chair as if he was hit by electricity and rushed towards Ivy. He grabbed her from her shoulders and moved her intensely.

 

  «Thank God, you’re OK!» he simply said and- suddenly- hugged her.

 

 

  Ouch. That hurt a little.

  That would be a very touching end for a movie, wouldn’t it? She, coming back stronger, and he, still loving her. And she, even though he’s a jerk, forgives him and they marry and have children and stuff.

 

  Ouch. It hurts a lot. I can’t lose Ivy like this.

 

  I was about to protest loudly, when I noticed that Ivy didn’t hug him back. She gently pushed him back and moved on.

   Youngjun looked at me and I moved my shoulders.

   Some of the students looked at me.

  Ivy got up on a chair and looked at everyone.

 «Someone from in here… tried to hurt me and another person a few days before. Someone who’s mean and has nothing better to do.» she looked at Haneul and Hyoseon.

 

  She… she knows?

  Many students started laughing and shouting things, but Ivy’s look was so angry that they shut it up and hid behind their friends.

  «But you know what? Since you all are such great judges for other people’s lives, I’ll tell you the truth that you have to judge. The photographs that you saw on these papers, that I don’t know who stuck all around the school, are real.»

 

  The whole cafeteria gasped and looked at me.

 «By saying real, I don’t mean what you think. I was there, in these places with Hanbyul. Yes, with Hanbyul. In the first photo we bumped on each other and he hold me, so it seems like he’s hugging me and in the second one I’m supporting him to walk. Because he was beaten up by three bullies.»

 

  Many laughed here… I blushed.

 

  «Stop laughing, stupid people! He was beaten up to protect me! These bullies were waiting for me and Hanbyul asked them to respect me and every girl. And as a result they beat him. I don’t know if any of you would have done better… Fighting with 3 people all alone. Anyway. The mystery is solved now?» she moved her hands and looked all around her again.

  

  A girl… She shyly lifted her hand and asked.

 «But eonnie… you were with that guy outside… He was trying to protect you… That means something existed between you and him…»

 

  Ivy frowned angrily.

 

  «And what if it did?? But, because I know what jerks you all are, I’ll explain you this, too. Hanbyul is tutoring me, OK? I’m taking part in a Literature competition that is taking place in a few weeks. Hanbyul suggested me this and I asked him to tutor me. That’s why we met up almost every day… And for all of you, lame people, the prize of this competition is a scholarship for any University/ College the winner wishes for. If I was winning, all of you would be studying and I’d pass wherever I wanted THAT easily. By writing my thoughts and ideas on a piece of paper. That’s how a princess does it, after all.» she said with irony.

 

  Omo… kekekeke… All of them must feel so idiots right now.

 «I don’t need any of these now, however. Any of you, either, heartless people.»

 

  Eh… What?

 

 «That camp we went for excursion… Well, was very beneficial for your princess… She met her luck there. I’ll soon leave this mess, named school and all of you, to work for TS Entertainment. With BAP. Got it? As a dancer! Haneul… Hyoseon… do as you wish with the dance club. Become even presidents of it. I’ll be dancing with BAP soon.»

 

 

  WHAT??

 

 «What are you talking about? She has gone crazy!» Haneul screamed and many children started protesting.

 

 «If you don’t believe me, go and ask the headmaster. You’ll find your confirmation there. Don’t you dare touching or talking badly to Hanbyul, got it? It’s not enough that he’s helping you all and me and you’re just teasing him? You’re very bad people and  I hope you’ll realise it soon. Anyway, I won’t be here to see it.» she moved her head and got down from the chair.

 

  Ivy… leaving school… And stopping the preparations for the competition…

 

  That means…

 

  That I’ll never see her again?

 

 

 

 

 From misschoi: Hello people! I finally updated *yawns*~It's really late here, so I'm sleepy... :P Hope you liked today's update. We had some relevelations, didn't we? I want to sincerely thank you for your subscriptions, your views and mainly for that vote we got last week! Thank you so much! I love you all! ^^ Your comments and ideas are always welcomed! Take care til next time~ ^^ <3