Led Apple's Hanbyul imnida

"Byeol" means star

Youngjun’s POV

 

 

The view from our company’s windows is really inspiring. I like watching the city lights, having my guitar in my hug. The music notes I was working on last time, aren’t looking at me angrily anymore. We are kind of co- operating now.

 I don’t know… It’s probably that small touch of melancholy that was added to our small company that made the idea in my mind more complete.

   I caressed my acoustic guitar and a whiny melody came out, making me look at my hands weirdly.

  I wasn’t quite thinking of this. >.<

 

 

 I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned, to face Zia noona.

 

  She had been practicing with the rest of the guys until now. I smiled and waved.

  «Hi noona.»

 

  She instantly pouted.

 

«Only «hi»? Ugh, what kind of boyfriend are you?» she crossed her arms on her chest.

  I laughed to myself and rubbed the back of my head. I’m not quite used to this thing between us, yet. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t like it.

  I held her hand and smiled again.

«What else do you want me to do, then? You see, I’m working here.»

  She sighed and sat on the other half of the interior’s window sill, that I am sitting, too.

 

«You could kiss me, hug me, call me jagi. Something!» she moved her shoulders.

 

 OK, that’s cute.

 

 Sighing, I left my guitar aside and slightly moved closer to her.

 

«I’m still awkward with these things, OK?» I said, a little whiny.

 She looked at me, rolling her eyes.

 

«Don’t act cute, mister.» she said.

«I’m not acting cute!» I sincerely protested.

 «Yes, you do! Using a whiny tone and pouting…» she frowned.

«When on earth did I pout?» I asked, about to laugh.

«Just now, you did.» she frowned even more.

 

Aish, crazy girl.

 

«Yah, cut that off, missy.» I rolled my eyes, but she kept on whining. «Ah, hush!» I raised my voice and kissed her lips, making her indeed shut up.

 

«You usually like doing this, don’t you?» we heard a voice and turned to the front.

  Hanbyul is looking at us with a sly smile.

 

 Not very usual for him.

 At least, for his old «him».

 

I blushed and rubbed the back of my head.

 

«What do you mean?»

«You know… fighting and then smooching…» he moved his hands and curved his lips playfully.

«Aish, chinja…» I murmured and looked away.

«It’s his fault!» Zia exclaimed and pointed at me.

«Thank you, noona.» I rolled my eyed and Hanbyul started laughing.

«You guys are a funny couple, I swear.» he patted our heads and turned to his bag to get something.

 

 Kwangyeon, along with Kyumin, came out of the recording room, pretty excited, jumping here and there.

 

 «Where’s Hyoseok?» I asked, to save myself from the awkward situation.

«He is talking on the phone with Fumi.» Kyumin winked, putting his tongue out.

«Ah, I see…» I smiled and got up, collecting the music notes that were scattered in front of me.

 

 Hanbyul looked at Kyumin, raising an eyebrow, without the latter one noticing.

 «You know, Kyumin- ah… Gae In came by here previously… When you were busy doing silly things at the cafeteria with Hyoseok…» he said, pretending to be uninterested.

 NO! She didn’t ever come here!

«But, what are you talkin…» I was saying, but Byuli pushed me with his elbow.

 Kyumin’s eyes slowly widened and he turned to look at all of us, terrified.

«But… Why… When… Why didn’t you call me???!» he exclaimed and started looking for his mobile.

«You should be here and not doing silly things…» Hanbyul moved his shoulders and- as I looked at him- I noticed he was about to burst into laughter.

 Kyumin kept on panicking, until he suddenly froze.

 

«Yah… Wait a minute… If Gae In had come here… she would have seen you, too and you wouldn’t be that calm…» he moved his finger, talking extremely fast.

 Hanbyul started laughing and Kyumin, growling, got up and chased him, so they ended up running around the room.

 

Kwangyeon laughed, too and started moving nervously his legs, making it obvious that he wants to join the «game».

 

 I sat back at my place and massaged my temples, closing my eyes.

 

Previously, we had the maknae line acting crazy. Now, that the new Hanbyul is added in that club, what am I going to do?

 

 Generally, it took us a while to get used to his new appearance, even though we were the ones to help him adjusting everything on him, or on his wardrobe or in his room to his new style. It was fun, I can’t deny it. I received a feeling more than satisfying to see him being set free. Especially because he, himself, decided it.

  The funniest thing was, though, that it was taking us a few seconds to realise, or actually remember, that the guy that was entering the room, or that was talking with Hanbyul’s voice was actually Hanbyul indeed. It’s just… he seems so different.

  We had never seen him so bright and fresh- looking. I’m just so proud of him.

 

 I felt Zia’s hands stopping mine.

 

«C’mon, I can do that for you, cutie.» she smiled and slowly creeped behind me, pulling me backwards, in her hug.

  She started caressing my hair and rest her other hand on my chest.

 

Thank God. I feel relaxed with this.

 

«Don’t get tensed. Aren’t you happy that they are happy?» she whispered in my ear and I sighed.

«Ugh, yes, yes, I am.» I moved my hand and closed my eyes.

 

Hyoseok came out of the practicing room and looked at the running around people with his usual playful smile. Kwangyeon pushed him and he hurried to push him back, causing him to collide with the running people.

 I gasped and lifted my head to assure that they were all doing fine, even though on the floor.

 I heard Zia giggling and my friends started laughing loudly.

«Hey, hey. That’s enough. Byuli, don’t you have to study for tomorrow?» I raised my voice and clapped my hands.

 Hanbyul looked at me, raising both of his eyebrows.

 «Ugh, are you crazy? We were planning on going to Hongdae for a street art show!» he said, as if I’m crazy indeed.

 I laughed really hard.

 Is this the same person, really??

 

«And what about Korean literature tomorrow?» I asked again.

«I have studied so much within the last year that I could write not only once, but like a hundred time Korean Literature!» he smiled slyly and rolled on his right, lying on Kyumin, who started laughing and shouting, at the same time.

«I’ll bring Hye Mi with us… It’s about time to meet Byuli hyung, right?» Kwangyeon smirked.

 Hanbyul nodded and Zia jumped from behind me.

«Hey, I wanna come, too.» she protested.

«Who said you can’t come?» I put my tongue out and pinched her cheek.

«I wish we could tell Fumi, Gae In and Iv..» Hyoseok was saying, but he covered his mouth by himself and widened his eyes.

 Hanbyul simply got up and returned to his research in his backpack.

 

 I bit my nail awkwardly.

 

«Not yet.» Hanbyul’s voice was heard, obviously darker than before.

 

  I was saying bright and fresh… Well, mentally he isn’t fully, yet, obviously.

  We stopped mentioning Ivy’s name a lot, naturally. It was so obvious that it was hurting him a lot.

 Ivy hasn’t seen him so far. We are taking care of this and Hanbyul is also careful. Neither Gae In and Fumi have. I’m sure that they would immediately run to tell her the news of him, changing completely. And Hanbyul doesn’t want that yet.

  He has an idea and we couldn’t agree more on it. I think it’s going to be the very best surprise of our whole school life. Because not only Ivy, Fumino, Gae In or whoever, but any of our classmates haven’t recognised him. It’s so funny XD Since it is an exam period, he doesn’t need to talk in class, he isn’t sitting in the same class/ position and no teacher is mentioning his name, so the other students haven’t noticed his… «absence», or- better- his difference. So, yes, you can say that the plan is meant to work out perfectly.

 

Hopefully.

 

After all, we aren’t chasing something particular. We simply want to «restore» Hanbyul’s name and fame in school. To prove that things aren’t always as they may seem.

 

  Zia’s fingers caressed my neck, making me shiver.

 

 She giggled and I looked at her, pretending to be a little annoyed.

 However, she did it again and I grabbed her wrists, pulling her in front of me and kissing her on her lips.

 

  The others started whistling and I couldn’t but laugh and kick a pillow towards them.

 

«Yah, that’s something really annoying to do when two people that are dating are kissing!» I yelled and they laughed even more.

  I sighed.

 

 I might be a little whiny, but I’m having a lot of fun, I swear.

 

«So, you don’t mind if Hye Mi finds out about you?» Hyoseok asked, looking at Hanbyul.

«No, as long as she isn’t talking about me and my change to anyone. To a n y o n e.» he answered, pretty firmly.

 

«We got it, hyung, don’t worry.» Kyumin smiled and patted his back.

 

  Chusang got in the room, almost running. His breath is obviously heavy and his hand is on his chest.

 

We all turned to look at him, a weird look in our eyes. Zia moved a little away from me, since Chusang hasn’t any idea about me and her. I don’t think he would mind, though.

 

 «What?» I asked, causing Zia to giggle with my serious face and my emotionless tone.

«Guys… Guys…» Chusang was trying to calm his breath.

«Ugh, hyung, calm down and you can tell us afterwards!» Hanbyul moved his hands and Chusang closed his eyes, still calming his breath.

«I have… I have something great to tell you…» he said, finally looking at us.

«SAY IT!» we all moved our hands, looking forward to the news.

«Well, someone called us with a… nice suggestion.» Chusang smiled and I held my breath.

 

 

 Hanbyul’s POV

 

 

 

  I wrote my name again, under the last of my answers for the Korean Literature test. I breathed slowly and smiled slightly at myself.

   That’s it. One more lesson and the test period will be over.

 

A tickling feeling of satisfaction is bothering me, that’s why I’m smiling like an idiot.

  I got up and left my papers in front of the teacher.

 He looked at me, with uncountable question marks, and hurried to check the name on my papers. As soon as he read it, he looked at me, widening his eyes and let out a small gasp. I smiled and hurried to get out of the class; I didn’t want him to call my name in front of everyone.

  Once out, I started laughing by myself. That’s the reaction that all of our teachers have so far, when they see me. At first, they don’t recognise me. Then, they feel weird about that, so they hurry to check my name from my papers. When they do, they realise who I am. And that’s when «BHAM» happens in their head. And I ran away so they don’t say anything in front of anyone.

  I tried to calm my laughter down and fixed my backpack on my shoulders.

 

  I have to leave now. I don’t want Ivy or her close friends to see me; especially Ivy… she has many chances to recognise me.

  I started walking down the halls with quick steps, while I was sending a text to Hyoseok, so that we are all meeting later for lunch at a yummy galbi spot.

 

  However, some familiar voices brought me to a standstill and I even held my breath.

 

  Hyoseon, Haneul and… Hannah?

 

«…I’m telling you, you should come! You are the only one that were so close with Ivy…» Haneul said.

 Hannah was heard sighing.

«I was! Not anymore, though! With any of these people!» she said firmly.

Thank God, from where I’m standing I can’t be seen.

 

«Yes, but we need your influence and your knowledge for the dance club! It’s only a few days until the graduation ball and these girls aren’t willing at all to listen to us!» Hyoseon yelled.

 So… they really took the lead of the girls’ dance club… Ugh… I feel so angry right now!

 

«Look, I never liked you, why should I help you now?» Hannah huffed.

 

«Because… we might try to help you get something that you want.» Haneul’s voice was heard sly.

«Ha! And how do you know what I want?» Hannah gasped with irony.

«We might do… First, you might want someone called Ray back?»

  Hannah reacted as if she was about to laugh.

«I don’t give a for Ray… Who would give a for a guy that dumped them??» she yelled with great rage.

«OK, OK, no need to yell. We have another interesting suggestion… What about Rome- sshi?»

  Hannah’s gasp was heard again, but this time with no irony.

 

«What are you talking about?» she mumbled.

 

Haneul chuckled.

 

«Look… we have noticed how you have been looking at him and always supporting what he is doing. Even in front of Ivy. I mean, it’s more than obvious that you like him..» she said in a low tone.

«What are you talking about… He’s with Ivy…» Hannah kept on mumbling.

«Well, we have found out that they are not exactly together… They are in a more friendly state…» Hyoseon hurried to comfort her.

«Anyway, I can’t see how you could help me! Rome still likes Ivy! They are even going to the ball together! So, that’s enough!» Hannah erupted.

«Look… If you promise to help us with the dance club… We will take care of things, so as Rome and Ivy are breaking up for good. After the graduation ball… We have an idea. As for during the graduation ball… we can do nothing for now. But have patience. We can really help you get along with Rome. This will be a total revenge for Ivy, too. Especially now, that Jang Hanbyul has completely disappeared from her life… It will be even easier for us; she isn’t the previous queen of the school and you know that.»

 I felt weird after my name was mentioned. And especially for this reason.

 

«Ugh, this is too sudden…» Hannah murmured after a long pause.

«It’s now or never, Hannah- sshi.»

  Hannah sighed again and her voice that followed sounded too sure for someone that had serious thoughts for an issue.

«OK, shut your ing mouth up and let’s go to the basement for the practice.»

 

  I gasped.

 

Hannah betraying Ivy for one more time.

 

That’s awful!

 

  My heart aches me even more now.

 

But why do I even care…? Ivy is embarrassed of me… How can I still pay attention to a person that is embarrassed of me?

 

My heart kicked me powerfully, almost painfully and I closed my eyes, breathing slowly.

 

I obviously still can.

 

Oh God…

 

I started walking again, once I assured that these disgusting girls were gone, as quickly as I could. I don’t know what to do to calm my suffering heart down.

 

  My phone started ringing, but once I checked it, I simply left it in my pocket again. It’s my dad.

 

  He and oma… They didn’t call me but a few times during the three weeks of the exams. I answered only once. But it was to fight again, unfortunately. So, I’m not answering again.

  If they really want to talk to me calmly and accept my decisions, they can come and do it face to face. After all, they know where we live.

 

 As soon as I walked out of school, I found Kwangyeon waiting for me.

 

«Hey, buddy. What’s up? I was sending a text to Hyoseok…» I patted his head and he grinned.

Since yesterday, that he introduced Hye Mi to me and explained to her the whole story, he is extremely happy. He feels like his life is complete, as he was telling us. Because, he says, he can combine, both his best friends and his girlfriend in one company, with no secrets from each other. I understand.

Hye Mi assured us that she isn’t telling anything to anyone for now. She wasn’t mad or confused, though. Instead, she seemed excited with the secret of my change. She was simply taken aback that all this time I was hanging out with her boyfriend and the rest, even living with them and she hadn’t found out.

 She’s a good girl.

«I was waiting for you to come out… How did your test go, Byuli hyung?»

«Who cares… Fine, I guess.» I moved my shoulders. «Are we going for lunch?»

«Ne, no need to text Hyoseok. He, Kyumin and Youngjun hyung finished earlier than me, so they already left to reserve a table for all of us. You know, at that galbi restaurant you like.» he winked and patted my shoulder.

 I smiled and clapped my hands.

«That’s daebak! Even though it would be better to go the day after tomorrow, after the last test, it’s sounds so tempting that I can’t resist.»

 

Some girls’ voices were heard coming from the school’s main entrance. Kwangyeon moved a little and checked who was coming, but that was when he widened his eyes and quickly pushed me far away. We started running like crazy and we stopped on the corner of the street. I looked back carefully and finally saw Ivy coming out of school, along with Fumino and Gae In.

 They are holding hands all together and her two friends are pretty jumpy and excited.  Ιvy, though, seems thoughtful.

 

  I felt melting as soon as I saw her.

 

 I the corner, so I am stopping my torment. My heart will explode if I keep on looking at her.

 

Supporting my back against the wall, I am still breathing quickly, both because of running, but also because of Ivy’s sight. This girl… ugh, this girl.

 

  Kwangyeon stood in front of me, he hands folded on his chest. He is a little frowned, but suddenly he started laughing.

 

«Mwo?» I asked with a whiny tone.

«You are so funny, hyung. I mean, look at yourself, you are a mess only by her sight!» he kept on laughing and it was my turn to frown.

«It’s not funny.» I commented bitterly.

«But hyung… she will be all yours now… Because… when we talked all together and Youngjun hyung told us all the details between you and Ivy… It’s so obvious that she likes you, too!»

 I huffed and rolled my eyes.

 

«People that love us or like us aren’t embarrassed of us! And you should remember this is as a lesson for your whole life!» I yelled.

Kwangyeon folded his hands again.

«Tch… So, you now want to tell me that you don’t believe that she likes you, too, huh? Or that you stopped liking her?»

 

I looked at him with the corner of my eyes.

 

I am so confused!

 

«Look, Yeonnie, I don’t really know!»

«You don’t know if you like her??»

«No! I do know that! I don’t only like her! I love her! But what she did… She hurt me so much… And- yes- I think, too, that she will be excited with my new style. I think that if I was asking her… she would immediately accept to be my girlfriend… But…»

I bit my lip and closed my eyes.

 

«But what, hyung?»

«But I didn’t want her to accept me only like this. Cool- looking and being a singer. I wanted her to have accepted me as a total, lame nerd first…» I said quietly, my voice cracking a little.

 

Kwangyeon sighed.

 

«But… Hyung… she accepted you. She didn’t stop school for your sake, she accepted going to the ball with you!»

«That’s not enough!» I yelled, causing Kwangyeon to step back, a little startled. «That’s not enough… when your significant one is embarrassed of you…» I added, feeling my eyes full of tears.

 

 An awkward silence followed.

 

But that’s how I feel.

 

That’s the truth and only.

 

I may be confused, but I do know that simple thing.

 

I felt Kwangyeon’s hand on my shoulder and I opened my teary eyes to look at him.

 

«Hyung… I’m sorry… I understand.» he said quietly and he hugged me.

 I let out some sobs and hugged my friend back; at least, I’ve got them.

 

Wiping some tears with the back of my hand, I hurried to push him away and I tried to laugh.

«Let’s stop this, people will misunderstand us…» I put my tongue out and Kwangyeon laughed.

 

  We started walking, but I still don’t feel OK. I have to pretend that I’m OK, though. For Led Apple’s sake.

 

  At least the weather is welcoming for a cheer- up mood. It’s summer, after all. And pretty hot already.

 

Kwangyeon pulled me in front of a store with manga books and he started acting childish.

 

Aish, we will never reach our galbi!

 

Two girls, coming from the opposite direction of us, seemed to be checking us both out and came to stand next to me and Yeonnie.

 

  They even separated, so as one of them is standing next to me and the other next to Kwangyeon.

 My dongsaeng is too absorbed to notice, but I- feeling already awkward- looked at the girl next to me.

  She- what a coincidence- is looking at me, too.

 

 I gulped.

 

 That’s something new for me… Being noticed by girls, even in the middle of the street.

 

«Hi!» she moved her hand and smiled.

 I was about to start the mumbling, but I mentally slapped myself.

 

 YAH! Be brave, Jason Jang Hanbyul!

 

«Hi!» I smiled back and waved, too.

«You guys are looking for something?» the other girl asked loudly, Kwangyeon finally noticing them.

«Nah, not really.» he said coolly.

«Wow! You have amazing eyes!» the girl next to me pouted.

 

I naturally smiled and then the girl exclaimed again.

 

«And dimples, oh my God!» she touched with the tip of her finger my cheek.

 

«Thank you.» I said, without avoiding blushing, though.

«Sorry, but our friends are waiting for us. Bye.» Kwangyeon hurried to say «bye» and pulled me.

 

I blindly followed him and- as soon as far away- Kwangyeon looked at me, laughing.

«Omo, hyung, you will cause us trouble with all these girls looking at you! I have a girlfriend, you know!» he pushed me jokingly.

 

 I rubbed the back of my head.

 

«Ugh, it’s so weird. But I can’t deny it, I like it.»

«Makes sense… Well, maybe you should have given a chance to one of these girls… You know, to have a date at the ball?» Kwangyeon smirked, pushing me again.

 I felt the pain in my heart again.

«No, no. Let’s not talk about this, OK?» I massaged my temples and closed my eyes.

«But wae? You can start forgetting Ivy in such a way, right?»

«I said no!»

 

 

I don’t think I want to forget her…

 

And neither Led Apple do.

 

But I’m still confused.

 

 

 

 

 

Ivy’s POV

 

 

I finished with my make up and smiled at my reflection weakly.

 

I can’t believe that the day of the graduation ball already arrived. I just can’t.

 

 And- still- I can’t believe that the day that I was dreaming of for all my school life, becoming the queen of the ball, along with Rome and blah blah… I can’t believe that this day means nothing to me right now.

 It’s just a day that I will prove to an old enemy that I’m even better than when he tried to laugh at me.

 

But… am I?

 

 That boy… That man, now, actually. I can’t believe he’s in Korea right now.

  I can’t believe he came back from my past to hurt me again.

 

 If things go well, though… he won’t.

 

 I looked at my shoes and, weirdly enough for myself, decided to wear the flat ones. They will fit my bubbly dress perfectly, anyway.

 I didn’t want to be hot… I don’t know why… I just wanted to be cute.

 And I think I’ve managed it.

 

My mobile rang, startling me.

 

«Ne?»

«Hi, girl!» Fumi’s voice sounded too happy.

«Hi, wassup?» I asked, pretending to be happy, too.

«Daebak! I’m with my cute oppa, Kwangyeon, Youngjun, Kyumin, Hye Mi, Zia unnie and Gae In and we are walking towards school!»

«HEEYYY!» was heard through the telephone from all of my friends.

 

My heart shivered as soon as I heard all of their voices…

 

They are all together… so happy.

 

And ZIA? Hanbyul’s cousin??

 

«Hi guys…» I said, feeling my voice cracking.

«Do you want us to pass by your house and wait for you and Rome- sshi?»

 

That would be perfect… but not with Rome…
 

«No! No need, really… We will meet there…» I hurried to assure her.

«OK… As you wish… It’s fun, though. Be pretty!»

«I’ll try… See you at school!» I hanged up and breathed slowly.

 

Only Hanbyul is missing from this company… He isn’t with his friends to protect his secret and because he doesn’t like such events as balls, I guess…

 I didn’t see him at all…

 

From the moment I told him about the ball… I didn’t see him again…

 

I miss him so much!

 

I am so worried over him!

How did he do with his exams?

If he failed because of me?

If I hurt him so badly?

If I destroyed his future?

How could I do that to him??

 

Yaah, I hate me so much! I hate me!

 I didn’t stop calling him… But he’s never picking up my calls…

 

And Led Apple talked with me only a few times at school and didn’t tell me anything about him…

 Of course, I didn’t dare to ask them instead.

 

Hanbyul… My Hanbyul.

 

My eyes had just become teary, when a slight knock on the door woke me up from my thoughts.

 

Mom got in and looked at me, smiling happily.

 

«Rome is here, sweetie.» she winked and I got up.

 

«Fine, thank you mom.» I sighed.

«Hey, hey. Aren’t you happy and excited, baby?» she pinched my cheeks.

«I am, mom!» I rolled my eyes and grabbing a sweater and my purse, I got out of the room and hurried downstairs.

 

 The play starts.

 

Nicko is out with some of his friends, so he doesn’t have to watch this. >.<

 

Rome is talking with dad and I approached him quickly, wanting to escape from my parents’ cheesiness.

 «Hi oppa, let’s go!» I faked a smile and grabbed his arm.

«Hey, daughter, easy! Let me take a look of you!» dad pulled us back and mom popped behind him.

«And me, to take a picture!» she exclaimed and a flash blinded me for a couple of seconds.

«Oh mom, that’s enough!» I yelled and pulled Rome out of our house, my parents laughter easily distinguished.

Rome laughed, too and then looked at me.

 

He is very elegant today. Cute~

 

«You look so cute today… I sincerely want to kiss you, but… since I can’t… can I- at least- hug you?» he smiled shyly and caressed my arm.

«Of course, gorgeous- looking gentleman.» I smiled, too and hugged him first.

 

  At least, I know that he is with me. And I appreciate that.

 

 «Can I hold your hand as we walk?» he asked me, rubbing the back of his head.

I simply nodded and we started our way. Our difficult way to a difficult night.

 

 

 

 

 «Here, Ivy, take my cup! I have to shake my booty with Kyumin!» Gae In almost screamed and she handed me her cup with cola, immediately turning to Kyumin and they both started jumping crazily, causing laughter to the rest of us.

 

  I feel weird with all these.

 

The party is so nice. All of my real friends are happy.

I should be happy, too.

 

But I can’t!

 

This whole thing with coming with Rome has been chocking me from the moment we entered the place. I feel so wrong about it.

 

It must be because I don’t like him as a boyfriend anymore, at all.

 

  I feel dirty and awful. UGH.

 

I should be here with Hanbyul…

 

But sooner or later that guy… His name is Tony. He will appear with his Tae Kwon Do team to join the party.

 We found out that his team lost against our school’s team, but they are still our honored guests, so they invited them to our graduation ball…

Thank you! X_x

 

Anyway, after he sees me and recognises me, with all of my friends and a hot boy around me, he will shut it up forever and spread it to the other idiots as well. And -then- the play can be over.

 Omo… how ridiculous does that sound?

 

Why am I so lame?

 

Fumi accidentally pushed me, as she was making out with Hyoseok.

 

«Yah! Easy!» I put my tongue out and they both laughed with guilty looks.

«Sorry… but my cute boy has to go to rock the drums now… So I had to tell him a proper good bye.» Fumi winked and I laughed.

«Are you going to perform now guys?» I asked and they all nodded.

 

That Zia… she isn’t Hanbyul’s cousin…. She’s the singer! And she’s dating Youngjun!

 

  Why did I find out last of all?

 

«Fighting!» we all cheered them up and they left to prepare their instruments and microphones, behind the curtains of the small stage.

 

 Rome, with the rest of his gang came back to our company and as a ballad song started playing, his friends offered to dance with Led Apple’s girls. That’s so nice from them…

 

  Rome looked at me and pulled me from my hand, close to the others.

  We started slow- dancing, but my bad feeling for myself became even worse.

 

 This isn’t right!

 

A fuss was heard from the entrance of the ball room and I realised that the «honored guests» have arrived.

 

I gulped.

 

Why did I have to hurt Hanbyul first to realise how lame I’ve become?

 

But- anyway- even now… it isn’t too late, at least for myself. I can still stop this.

 

 Before Tony sees me.

 

I looked at Rome, who is already looking at me and smiling.

 

I have to tell him. Now.

 

«Rome… Let’s end this here…» I said, my voice a little shaky.

 

 Rome lowered his eyes, not very surprised.

 

«What…? Now?» he whispered.

«Yes… I didn’t want to give you false hopes anyway but… it was a mistake coming to the ball with you from the very first moment. At least like a couple.» I stopped dancing.

«But… why?» he asked again.

«Because… I am in love with someone else and I hurt him and you and because I might deserve to be all alone, since I’m behaving like this!» I whispered intensely.

«Is the ner… Ehm… Hanbyul- sshi?» he asked, without looking at me.

 

I simply nodded and hugged him.

 

The new comers are slowly getting scattered around the place. I haven’t seen Tony, though. I finished it, before seeing him.

 

That’s a tiny exchange for what you’ve done Ivy…

 

«And what about your plan? And that guy??» Rome held my wrists.

« it, my sweetie, please! I did, you should do it, too!» I gently pulled my hands, but Rome hugged me again.

«Promise me that we will be- at least- friends! Promise!» he whispered in my ear.

«We will! You know that! I’ll never forget the good moments with you, Rome, I swear! That will be our link after all…»

«I can’t have any other chance?» he bit his lip.

«You might could, Rome… But my heart belongs to someone else for a long time n…» I was saying, feeling my throat being pressed by a sob, when the curtain of the stage was pulled and Led Apple appeared on stage.

 

 All the kids started screaming with excitement and some whispering with curiosity. We were suddenly pushed to the front, as everyone wanted to be closer to the stage.

 

  Youngjun with his electric guitar, Kwangyeon with his bass, Hyoseok on his drums and… where’s Kyumin?

 

«Ivy! Ivy!» I heard Gae In’s voice and turned.

 

For some reason, I feel so dizzy.

 

«Mwo?» I mumbled.

«Look at the stage!» Gae In yelled with a great smile.

«What is so amazing about…» I was saying, when Kyumin and another guy appeared on the microphones, too.

 

Kyumin is smiling widely.

 

 

Who is the other guy?

 

He has… light brown hair with some blonde highlights, stylized sloppily upwards. He is wearing many, small earrings with black stars on them… Dark blue with grey details jeans… A simple white t-shirt and a grey, rock- themed vest. He looks hot.

 

But still...

 

Who… who is he?

 

 

He took a good look of the children and grabbed the microphone.

 

«Ne, anyeonghaseyo…» he said with a confident, pretty familiar voice and smirked. «Led Apple’s Hanbyul imnida.» he said in the same tone and lifted his eyes to us again, smiling with the cutest and more familiar dimples in the whole world.

 

 

And that’s when- almost literally- my heart stopped.

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hi guys!! ^^ I worked a lot for this update, so I hope you really liked it~  I apologise for being late again, but you see, my University lessons finally started and I don't have the same time :( I vow, however, to update something small pretty soon! ;) Thank you infinitely for your support, comments, subscriptions and that vote we got! Thank youuuu! <3 Your opinion and ideas are always welcomed! Take care 'til next time! Fighting! ^^ <3