A little time to relax

"Byeol" means star

  Hanbyul’s POV

 

  

  I kept on looking outside my room’s window; a deeply orange sunlight is caressing every corner of our city. Our beautiful city. It’s the unique moment that the neon lights turn on to dazzle the citizens- it reminds me of the evening we had spent with Ivy in Namsan Park, under N- Seoul Tower….

   This view is making me confident that I’ve made the right decision by moving here, in Korea. I had the very best memories from Brisbane with family, friends… But- here- I’ve found something like freedom, amazing friends and… and…

  And you know what else.

  Something that sounded like snore was heard from behind me; I turned- a little surprised- to see Kwangyeon sleeping on my bed, his bass next to him, on the floor. I tried to hold in a giggle; he’s sleeping in his usual position: facing the ceiling, his head backwards and his mouth wide open, while his hands are laying next to his head on each side. The music sheets he was previously studying are now left on his chest.

  I’m lounging on the inside part of my window, on which we have placed soft pillows to enjoy the view comfortably, while Hyoseok is playing an action game on my laptop, sitting at my desk and Kyumin is reading a manga, sat in front of me, on the floor.

   I was supposed to be reading Physics, but I don’t know why these guys ended up in MY room! Of course, they started giggling and talking, so my concentration flew away like a bird pretty quickly. And Youngjun isn’t here to help; he said he would have a walk around the block. He is being weird lately. More than usually, to be exact.

   Kyumin, noticing that I’m not looking at my book anymore, looked at the same direction and started laughing. He patted Hyoseok and it was his turn to laugh; they both pointed at Kwangyeon.

 «The mummy is back!» Kyumin exclaimed and approached the sleeper, along with Hyoseok, silently.

  We call Kwangyeon «mummy» because he looks like one when he’s sleeping with his mouth open like this. >.< And- usually- something else follows…

   Zzzzzz~ (I knew it! :P)

 

   A mosquito- like sound was heard; it comes from Hyoseok. Kyumin is blowing next to Kwangyeon’s ear and he- the poor one- started moving his hands to shoo the «invisible mosquito». The prank is usual and Kwangyeon is always the victim that it actually works.

  The «Zzz» sound became louder and Kwangyeon- still sleeping- almost slapped himself in a desperate effort to «kill» his sleep’s ruiner.

  «C’mon, that’s enough!» I looked at the pranksters strictly and they giggled even louder.

  My look became tougher and they stopped, making small steps away from Kwangyeon, who- relieved from his torment- turned around and kept on sleeping quietly.

  I yawned.

  The truth is that we are all tired. Really tired. So, the spare moments we have are invaluable.

 I yawned again.

 Kyumin hurried to sit in Hyoseok’s place- in front of the laptop- but Hyoseok pulled him immediately back and- as a result- the first one hit his elbow on a shelf and stepped on the foot of the second one.

 «OUCH!» they both yelled and I giggled.

 «Dorks» I said and turned my look away.

  I need to laugh a little every now and then. And I’m thankful that I have these guys that offer me a lot of laughter. But- still- it’s difficult; since I stopped the «lessons» with Ivy, two weeks ago, I feel that time has stopped, too, along with my smile. I mean, days seem to pass extremely slowly.  And my heart feels so empty…

  I can see her in class, but it’s not the same. She isn’t sitting behind me anymore, either. She said that she preferred to sit at the back of the classroom, in order to «do her stuff» (I suppose she meant fixing her nails or so) without the fear of the teachers’ angriest looks. So, we aren’t talking during breaks, we aren’t talking through my Biology notebook, we aren’t meeting for the lessons anymore…

   I know, I chose it. I chose it for my own benefit. And the funny thing is that the first day I told her I couldn’t make it for that evening’s lesson, she said that she wouldn’t be able, too. The same happened the next days. We both had excellent excuses for not being able to do it. Is it random? I don’t really think so… At least by me… it wasn’t.

  The last two days, we didn’t even look for any excuse. We didn’t even exchange one single word. It was simply unnecessary.

 However, I fixed my mark in Physics (I sat for the test again) and the second official rehearsal was much better. LOEN is much more satisfied. And that made us happier and we felt that the hard work we’re doing is giving good results. Chusang congratulated us all. On the other hand, when we are practicing with Zia, the tension is more than obvious. Especially Youngjun… Ugh, he is really whiny. And Zia is stubborn, when it has to do with her opinion, so… the clash is usually inevitable. Hyoseok keeps on playing his drums (he feels too awkward to do anything else), Kyumin usually justifies Zia (what a weird thing… >.<) and Kwangyeon with me, the poor Byeol boy, are trying to calm everyone down. I mean, look, it’s a completely ridiculous scene. Thankfully, Zia isn’t coming that often anymore, as our song with her is almost complete.

   Well… even though, Led Apple and I had these successes, I… I don’t feel satisfied, happy, full as I did before. I already miss Ivy. I feel like a part of me has been violently taken away.

 

  It hurts a lot.

 

  But- what an irony- I chose it.

 An intense pain crossed my chest; my father used to describe love’s pain like this.  I miss her so much.

  My biology notebook lies in front of me. I grabbed it and opened it at a random page. I caressed Ivy’s lines.

 

  She created distance, too.

  At first, I expected she would have done it earlier. But, judging from her reactions afterwards, I thought… that at least she didn’t hate me. That something existed between her and me.

 I shouldn’t critisise her, however, for creating  distance. I knew from the very first moment that our worlds are completely different. That we couldn’t be anything… not even friends.

  I felt someone patting my shoulder.

 «Hyung, talk to her.» Kyumin told me seriously.

  I didn’t say anything and looked outside the window.

  «There’s no point in torturing yourself like that. You won’t get over her if you let her go like this.» he went on.

 «Kyumin, you don’t…»

«No, listen to me! Don’t try to push her away, so as to protect her small perfect world! She was sincerely behaving well towards you; that wasn’t fake at all. And we both know that!»

«Kyumin!» I yelled. «I wasn’t trying to protect her! I was protecting myself and only! I ted the Physics test, I wasn’t doing well at the rehearsals; I was offering all my time for Ivy! Look at my face! Look how I’ve become: pale, with panda eyes and always sleepy. The pressure was unbearable. I had to cut off the thing that would have the smallest effect on my future…»

 Kyumin frowned and Hyoseok turned to look at us.

 «What about the thing that would have the biggest effect on your soul and heart?» he moved his shoulders.

 The tears in my eyes… When did they come out?

 «You have lost control, hyung! You can’t decide what is better for your life and- more importantly- for your heart! But, no, no, I shouldn’t blame you; your parents, Chusang, school teachers… all these have driven you crazy! And the shame is that you don’t realise anything!» Kyumin yelled back, louder than me, causing Kwangyeon to half- open his eyes and look at us.

 «Yah! Will anyone tell me why all of you are shouting here?»

 Youngjun got in the room- still wearing his coat- and looked at us strictly.

 «Hyung is being a weirdo again! And we’re going to see Ivy here never again!» Kyumin said firmly.

 Youngjun looked at me and then at Kyumin.

 «I believe Kyumin. And- anyway- I can sense for what you’re talking about. And as for Hanbyul being a weirdo… I’ve got sick and tired of talking about that, OK? It’s Hanbyul’s issue and only. His problem! Got it??» Youngjun puffed and took of his coat. «I can’t find silence anywhere…» he murmured as he was getting out of the room.

  Kwangyeon turned over for one more time and covered his head with my pillow.

 The sounds from the game that Hyoseok is playing are filling the room.

 Kyumin grabbed his manga and got out of the room, puffing loudly.

 

 

 What Kyumin said… I haven’t thought of it. By creating distance with Ivy… I’m protecting her, at the same time. I’m protecting her secret. At least there’s something good through this case…

 

   Ugh… That love- pain again…

 

  I’ll try to maintain this situation for a while. At least, until all this craziness with all my responsibilities is over. In summer.

 

 Well, then Ivy’s competition will be over, too. I might never see her again.

 

  But,  I h a v e  t o do it.

 

 Even though I think of her 24/7.

 

 I… I actually don’t know what I’m doing…

 

 

Youngjun’s POV

 

 

  «I feel sorry for Hanbyul hyung.»

 

  That was said by Hyoseok.

 

  And I can’t say that I don’t agree.

 

 But there’s nothing I can do. Since it is his decision.

 

  It feels pleasant to have a practicing room in school, too. After Mr. Yang chose us to play the music at the graduation ball, everything has become easier for us. We left the place under the stairs and the school offered us one of its practicing rooms. They even have drums for Hyoseok. And a keyboard for Kyumin.

 Actually, we all need the keyboard to synthesize our music.

 And what is more, in this practicing room, there’s no Zia. Even though she isn’t coming very often lately at StarKim, every time she comes it’s… suffocating for me.

 And Kyumin is always justifying her…

 Ugh.

 

 «I know, Hyoseokie. But I and no one of you can do anything for that. It’s all his fault.» I moved my shoulders and caressed the strings of my guitar.

 Kyumin plugged his microphone and patted it.

 «We are skipping classes again… Daebak!» he said and chuckled slyly.

 «It’s not a very good idea to say that through a microphone…» Kwangyeon laughed and Kyumin, panicking, turned it off.

 I laughed, too and looked at Hyoseok, showing him to start playing the main beat.

  It’s really beneficial to practice here, too. Wow, really. As a result, we can rest a little, back at home. And the word «rest» sounds like heaven after these months of hard work. There were days that I felt like I couldn’t use my fingers anymore. The same for Kwangyeon, who also has a wrist problem. Hyoseok was simply exhausted and Kyumin was denying to sing anymore, as he was afraid that soon he wouldn’t be able to talk. As for Hanbyul… I really wonder how he didn’t faint or sleep in the classroom with all these things he had to do 24/7. I wouldn’t say that we’re much better now. But practicing freely in school, is giving us a small, but invaluable amount of time to rest back at home. Can’t say the same for Hanbyul, though.

   A loud «Ding dong» sound was heard from the hall and then a voice started talking. I moved my hands in front of my fellows, signaling to stop and then placed my finger on my lips.

 «Sssh! They’re making an announcement!»

 Kyumin left his microphone and ran to open the door; there are now speakers into the practicing room.

  «…will make you all happy. The truth is, my dear students, that this year you all have been pretty quiet and careful children and haven’t caused any serious trouble. Making us all proud of you, you made us wanting to praise you. I know it’s still April and that we’re officially finishing in June, but May will be a hectic month for all our seniors, who are going through the most important period of their school life: the last year of school, the year of their official exams for University. Our suggestion to please you, kids, is to visit for 5 days «Nature Camp». There’s a small lake with boats, football fields and basketball courts, bookcases and many other things to have fun with. The excursion is programmed for the last two classes of our school and for next week. The forms of your participation will be given by the presidents of each class, as well as all the information you may need. Your parents’ allowance is necessary. Thank you for your attention and I hope that we will have a great time these 5 days together.»

   Kyumin closed the door again and we all looked at each other for a few seconds.

 «Nature Camp… It’s near Suwon, isn’t it?» Hyoseok scratched his head.

 «Ne, that’s right. Close to Everland and Korea Folk Village.» I moved my head.

 «Wow! They may let us go to Everland, too!» Kwangyeon clapped his hands.

«That means that we’re going?» Kyumin raised an eyebrow.

 They all looked at me.

«Do you want us to go?» I asked.

«YES!» they yelled with sincere excitement.

 I don’t feel unpleasant with the idea, either. It’ll be 5 days of full relaxation. Our summer isn’t going to be calmer or happier… We deserve these 5 days as normal teenagers.

 «OK, then. We should check the price, get the forms to be signed by our parents and of course to ask Chusang.»

«Why do we have to ask him??» Kyumin whined.

«HEY! I don’t like that either, but you know that we have to ask him, too.» I looked at him strictly.

«Call him now, please!» Hyoseok pouted and I puffed.

 I put my phone out of my pocket and realised that it was vibrating. I answered.

 «Byeol boy? Mueos? I didn’t hear you well… Yes, the signal in this practicing room ... We heard it. The boys want us to go and I think it’s a good idea for all of us to have fun and relax a little. You should come, too, man. Aah… yes, of course. Yes, I think you’re right. You should stay locked in our house and never get out of it again, only when you’ll be going at your work! Bye!» I yelled and hanged up.

 «What did he say?» Hyoseok asked.

 «It was Byeol Byeol. He said he isn’t coming. He’ll stay at home to study…»

  Kyumin frowned angrily and I dialed Chusang’s number.

 «Hyung? Yes, listen, I don’t have much time. The school is organising an excursion for our and the younger class at Nature Camp and we want to go. No, it’ll be next week and for 5 days. We REALLY want to go. Think of the fact that we’re almost not going on holidays in summer… Hmm? OK. See you tonight. Bye.»

  They all looked at me again.

  The question mark in their eyes is more than obvious.

  My poor friends… We are all so tired and desperate for a little relaxation.

  

 I smirked.

 

  «As for us… we’re finally going.»  

 

 

 

 Ivy’s POV

 

 

 I stretched my hands and legs in my bed. I heard movements from the bed under mine, so I guess that one of my roommates is awake.

  We reached Nature Camp yesterday noon. It was a pleasant trip with the railway. Pleasant and pretty quick. We then got a bus and after half an hour we found ourselves here, in a forest of mainly pine trees and a small lake with some boats in it. Nature Camp. Yes, it was a good choice by our headmaster to bring us here. It’s a really beautiful place and appropriate for this period of time, mid- April.

  We had agreed with Hannah and Gae In to be in the same dorm, but the dorms are for four people each, so we had to take another girl with us, too. I was so worried if Hyoseon was the one, but- thankfully-  a girl that I barely know her face was chosen. She’s half- Japanese. Her name is Fumino.

  Good girl.

  But pretty silent.

  Hannah is still sleeping. I think Gae In, too. Anyways, the bell for the waking up hasn’t been heard, yet. I jumped off my bed and landed on the floor quietly. To my surprise, two cat- like eyes looked at me. They kind of scared me.

 «H-hi there, Fumino.» I whispered.

  She slightly lifted her head and smiled.

 «Hi! Did I wake you up? I was listening to some music… I wake up early, I can’t really control it.» she got up and I noticed that she was already wearing her clothes.

«No, you didn’t, don’t worry! These two are really heavy sleepers and I usually wake up earlier than most of our classmates, I think…» I smiled and took off my pyjamas.

 «Are you going outside now?» she asked me, with her low, soft voice.

 «Yeap, I want to sit by the lake for a while… I’ll be back before everyone is up.»

 «Do you wanna be alone?» she asked and I moved my head.

 «I’d be very glad if you were joining me, Fumino.»

 «Call me Fumi. I prefer it.» she winked and wore her shoes.

 

   The cool morning breeze hit us right in the face, which had been right before washed, but it was pretty refreshing. I breathed deeply and felt my lungs full of fresh air.

  I turned my look at the district that the boys’ dorms are located. Rome, T.K, Kangjun and Siwoo are sleeping at one of the last dorms of the district. (Maroo is with his classmates, as his class is the younger one that followed ours.) My eyes got stuck on the second dorm house. I think that Youngjun, Kwangyeon, Hyoseok and Kyumin are staying there… I don’t think that Hanbyul is with them…

  Ugh, what am I talking about? The dorms are for 4 people and with Hanbyul it will be 5… I can be really silly sometimes.

 And I shouldn’t be talking about Hanbyul right now…!

 We sat on the wooden board that the boats are tied, our feet hanging over the water. The sun has just risen and its light is warming and enlightening the whole place.  

   «I think it’s going to be a beautiful day…» Fumi said and untied her hair.

  It slipped on her back like a long, black river. Woo, she has long hair!

 «Yeah, I hope so. I have high expectations for this excursion. I  kind of needed it.» I left my head backwards. «In which class are you?»

 «3C. It’s the same as your… boyfriend? Isn’t Rome- sshi your boyfriend?»

 «Yes! Yes in both questions…» I nodded, smiling.

 «He seems a good person.» she whispered.

 «He is… He is but…»

 «But?»

 «There’s always a but, isn’t there?»

 There are some people that make us feel really close from the very first moment. And Fumino is one of them. Rare for me to say something like this so early, but I feel it.

 «How did you end up with us, the three crazy girls? Was your friends’ dorm full and you were the unlucky one?»

  She frowned and puffed loudly.

  «Well, actually, my supposed- to- be friends arranged these things and left me on the outside… I had already paid the ticket and given my positive form, signed by my dad, so I couldn’t step back anymore. The kids that hadn’t officially asked  to be with someone in the same dorm were randomly put in the dorms that there was one or two children left to make it full. So, I was chosen for your dorm.»

 «I really wonder what you thought that moment…» I smiled.

 «Well… I don’t really know you! I’ve seen you around, at school, but I don’t know you as a person. I know you’re pretty and popular and that you usually move around with Rome- sshi, yours and his friends… I was really curious to meet you.»

 «I suppose you were disappointed… I don’t think it’s much of me…»

 She looked at me with surprise.

 «No, not really. I wouldn’t actually expect you to say these things… Do you want me to be sincere?»

 I nodded.

 It might hurt me, but it’s OK. I’ve been a really bad person lately.

«Well, I expected you to be saying that you’re perfect or something. That you would be caring for your hair to be flawless, your clothes to be clean and modern, your make- up always on your face… Always snobbish with the unpopular ones… I know, it may sound funny to you, but that’s what I expected. But- as far as I can see- at least the moment you wake up, you’re not like that at all. And I like that.»

 I smiled.

 «Do you want me to be sincere to you, too? You create a feeling of trust in my heart…»

 «That’s maybe because I look a bit stupid.» she giggled.

 «What are you talking about? Instead, you seem very calm and smart. That’s the reason that I feel that I can trust you I think… Anyway, I’m telling you in advance that this is a secret…»

 «A secret even from Hannah and Gae In…?»

 «Yes… At least for now. Look, Fumi, I am what you described before, but not all the time. I am when I need to be. I don’t know if you get me… I promise to explain myself one day, so as you’ll understand fully what is happening with my life. There’s no need to be afraid of anything by me. With the people I trust and like I can be really protective and caring. I’m not a in heart at all.»

 «Am I one of these people?» she smiled in a really gentle way.

 «Don’t laugh! I told you, I may hardly know you, but I trust you and I think you have a soul clear as a diamond. Am I too wrong?» I raised an eyebrow.

 «Aniyo, I don’t think I’m a bad person. But, who likes talking about themselves? I guess, you’ll create your own opinion within these days. And your secret… or the part of it that you told me is safe with me; I swear.» she lifted her hands.

  I laughed and patted her shoulder.

 «I believe you! Anyway, you’re half- Japanese right?»

 «Yes; my mom is Japanese. But I live here all my life. I can speak Japanese, though. I spend most of my summers with my grandparents there. I never had any problem as a foreigner; my face is Asian, my surname is Korean and the name Fumino isn’t that weird for Korean people… So, you could say that I could be pretty happy. However, I’m not that much.»

 «Are you a lonely child?»

 «Oh yes, no brothers or sisters. What about you?»

  «I have a brother… A brother that is driving me crazy. He’s 16 years old, his name is Nicko. My parents work a lot, so it’s difficult for me to stay for many hours with him, alone.  He’s always pulling pranks on me. Yes, I think he likes torturing me.»

 «Haha, you’re lucky to have at least a brother, even though he’s annoying. My parents work uncountable hours, too, so it’s really miserable for me to stay at home during these hours all alone. But, Ivy- sshi, you’re a complete foreigner, too, aren’t you?»

 Ugh.. here we go. I have to give these explanations, too.

--

 

 

 «Aaaaand… Fighting!»

  Mr. Lim, the Gymnastics teacher, threw the basketball in the court and the two teams, ran towards it to claim it.

  The whole Camp has woken up now and we all are busy by doing different stuff. Most of the boys are playing in the fields or the courts, their voices, laughter or arguments filling the place of the camp and the forest around it. Some of the girls are playing volleyball or simply lounging with a few boys at a spot with armchairs, under the sun, enjoying cool lemonades. Me, with Gae In and Fumi, are sitting in one of the boats, in the middle of the small lake. An ajumma from the Korean Folk Village showed us how to «knit» baskets with wooden stripes a couple of minutes ago, so we’re enjoying the sun and making baskets in the serenity of the lake. Hannah is supposed to be drinking a coffee with the lady from the camp’s closet. (She said she’d try to convince her to add skirts in the girls’ camp uniform… >.<)

  We were back in our dorm right before the wake up- bell rang, so I fixed my hair and wore my make- up then. Gae In and Hannah didn’t understand anything. Omo, when these girls sleep not even war sirens can wake them up!

   «I like the calmness of this spot. And these baskets are going to be a great offer for the Village’s shops, when we are finishing them, right?» Gae In asked.

 «Oh yes, I’ve never thought that I’d like doing this thing so much.» Fumi moved her head without looking away from her basket.

 «What is your favourite kind of music, Fumino?»

 «Aw, I like J-rock, apart from K-pop of course. X- Japan!» she exclaimed and lifted her hand, making the victory sign.

 «Ha, I knew it!» I murmured and we all laughed.

 A loud exclamation from the basketball court that is close to the lake, made me turn to look at the game. Rome is playing there. I think Siwoo, too, with some other guys. And… Oh, God. Members of the team against them are –among others- Kwangyeon and Kyumin. So, I saw them right, yesterday. Led Apple is here.

  Kwangyeon threw a 3-point shot and was successful. I smiled, as he jumped and gave five with Kyumin and another boy of their team. I can feel their happiness and excitement. So much, that my cheeks were dyed red and I felt a warmness running through my veins.

 «Are you OK, onnie?» Gae In asked and I turned, blushing even more.

 «Yes… Why?»  

 «Your cheeks are red. Maybe the sun is burning you a lot?» Gae In insisted.

 «Ani, chinja. I’m fine.» I said, brushing my hair backwards with my fingers.

 Gae In moved her shoulders and returned to her basket, but I sensed Fumi looking at me and then at the direction of the court.

 «Rome- sshi is a good player, isn’t he?» she asked.

   ~Phew. She didn’t realise that I was looking at two other guys…

 

 «Do you have a boyfriend Gae In-ah?» Fumi asked.

 «Aniyo… I never had actually.» Gae In blushed. «What about you?»

 «Ugh… Me either. And I haven’t noticed any potential one. But I’m not that social, anyway.»

  Gae In looked at her with a really warm feeling.

 «We’re in the same boat, girl. Unfortunately… We are not all that lucky as onnie.»

 I smirked, without looking at them.

 «Lucky». Ha.  Let’s say so.

 «Don’t worry girls. Since you have me by your side, it won’t be a matter of luck anymore. There are people that you may have never noticed before, but they deserve to be noticed.»

 «Girls? Am I included in this phrase?» Fumi asked.

 «Hannah has already a boyfriend… So, yes, I’m talking for you two, ladies.»

  Fumi smiled. Her smile has nothing to do with the innocent, but a little silly smile of Hannah. She’s a smart girl. And I think she starts becoming a happy girl, too.

--

 

 

 

  Freedom in nature can make us really childish. And I only realise it, now.

  All the seniors have gathered here, in the centre of the forest. The teachers let us only to do whatever we wanted after lunch and we decided to gather here and play… Hide and Seek. Everyone agreed on that idea, so I had no reason to say no. Under the pine trees, the shadow is nice and there are many possible places to hide. Since we’re many people, we chose 5 fellows to seek and the rest of us, when they started counting, we ran in the forest to hide.

  Giggles can be heard every now and then and it feels like every bush or tree are hiding  at least 5 people behind them. The point is to not be caught among the first twenty people. I found a thick bush to hide and sat on the ground. Fumi was definitely behind me before a minute, but now I lost her, so I guess she’s hiding somewhere close.

  Kekeke~ That weird feeling is tickling my hands, feet and stomach. Like when we were little children and were afraid not to be caught and lose the game. I hadn’t felt that thing for a long time. It’s fun.

  The truth is that I need a lot of fun to heal my soul. Heal it from the wounds that I caused to myself actually. I wouldn’t ever expect that not spending time Hanbyul and his friends, Led Apple, would be so painful for me.

  It’s almost one month that we haven’t had any lesson. I was telling him that I have to help my mom with the housework, my brother with his homework and other such . The funny thing is that he was telling me every time that he couldn’t make it, too. But for him… it makes sense. He has so much studying. He has a target in his life. I shouldn’t be a barrier in his way to his career.

  But, wait.

 What am I talking about?

 I didn’t do it that much for him. I did it for me! To protect my «popular» school image.

 I’m only that, a selfish creature.

  Anyway, the curious (and annoying) questions by Hannah and Rome have stopped. The truth is that they didn’t mention Hanbyul again. And Hyoseon… She’s hanging out with Haneul, but she hasn’t approached me again with her stupid threats. Even though they didn’t get accepted in the Dance Club again. (I made it clear to the headmaster, it couldn’t be otherwise! >.<) So… I guess… everything is fine.

 

 However, I miss talking to someone openly.

 And playing games with Led Apple.

 And seeing Hanbyul’s cute face…

 And looking in these beautiful eyes…

 And…

 

 Oh, shut up, Ivy! SHUT UP!

 It’s for good! All these ARE for good! And you can see the results of these actions, which are indeed beneficial for your image.

 

 Don’t think of it again! Get it?

  I heard something like a rustle next to me and I felt kind of startled; Hyoseok is rolled next to me and is laughing on mute.

  «Hyoseok!»

 Omo, my voice must have sounded like I’ve found my missing brother or something… It almost cracked.

 «Ivy!» he whispered.

 His eyes, his cute, bear- like eyes, looked at me with excitement.

 Aww, I’ve missed that face, too…

 I smiled, opened my arms and jumped towards him. I felt his hands around my waist tightening strongly.

«I missed you, Ivy… We…» he was saying but I put my finger on his lips.

 «Sssh! They’re going to find us!» I giggled and he pouted.

 

 I can’t let him tell me these things now… I’ll feel more sorry and I don’t want to. I’ve abandoned them without giving any serious excuse. And still… Ugh, I have to stop thinking of these now! Stick to the plan girl! To the plan!

  A scream was heard from a far and we jumped to look who got caught.

 «Omo! It’s Fumino!» I whispered and tried to jump higher to see clearer.

  Ouch~ ! I must have stepped on a stone and twisted my ankle!

 I felt it numb and bent to look at it.

 «Ivy? What happened?» Hyoseok asked.

 «Ah… nothing. It’s OK. I must have twisted my ankle a little…»

 «Mueos? Your ankle? Oh… Don’t worry, Ivy! Your Hyoseok is here!» he exclaimed and- before I could do anything- he stood in front of me and lowered his body, grabbing my thighs.

  I found myself on his back.

 «Hyoseok! There’s no need to do that! I could walk!» I was shouting, but he ignored me.

  At first, I was moving my legs, so as he would leave me, but his holding became more firm and I compromised with it. I rest my head on his shoulder, my left hand around his neck and my right hand playing with his hair.

 «Ivy… That girl they caught previously… Is she your friend?»

 «Fumino? You can say so… A new friend.» I smiled.

 «She… she seems a good girl.» he murmured and I patted his head.

 «I’ll introduce her to you sooner or later, buddy.» I smiled and pinched his cheek.

  I can play the match- maker pretty well, sometimes.

 «Where’s everybody?» Hyoseok murmured, when we suddenly bumped on T.K.

 «Ivy! I got you! You and that… guy!» he exclaimed and I extended my hand, hitting his head.

 «Good job, idiot! You got me, the girl with the twisted ankle, and him, the guy that is caring on his back the girl with the twisted ankle! Chukhamnida, Minwoo!» I applaused.  

 T.K blushed and moved away.

 «Anyway, you were the last two guys! Everyone else was found. It’s obvious that you’re good in Hide and Seek.»

  As for me… That’s definite… :/

--

 

 

 

  «Could you borrow me your perfume, Ivy?» Hannah asked.

  I narrowed her with my eyes, but gave her the small bottle.

 I hate it when Hannah is asking me my stuff. I feel like she’s trying to be me. I know that many girls wish that, but for Hannah… Ugh, it makes me wanna puke. I can’t imagine her in my place. Many things in school’s social life and the dance club would be very different. And not for good. For those that are good and kind in soul I can be generous and helpful. (Not obviously usually, but that doesn’t matter..) But, if it was Hannah in my place… She would be the same to everybody. I know she’s supposed to be one of my «friends», but I know her very well and I know she doesn’t have many good feelings for people. She can be really hard.

  Gae In is tying her shoes and Fumi just got in the room, her head covered with a towel. As for me, I’m finishing my make- up.

 «How was the shower? I didn’t try it» I asked her.

 «Just fine. The problem is that the water is too cold.»

 «Cold? I won’t be able to stand it! Maybe we should ask them if there’s any chance we could have warm water…» Hannah whined and dragged her hair backwards.

  We’re preparing for the «ball» room of the camp. It’s decorated like a little old- fashioned dance club, but for our tonight’s amusement, I think it’s just fine. So, everyone now is having shower, fixing hair and wearing hot clothes. It’s funny, really funny. The boys are calmer than us, but girls have their doors open and run from the one dorm into the other, asking to borrow a blouse/ skirt/ pair of shoes, a perfume, a mascara, crayon or so. Yes, boys are looking at our direction from their dorms and I’m sure their laughing.

   «Ray oppa asked me to be hot.» Hannah smirked and finished with her hair spraying something on it.

 «Makes sense…» I murmured and I noticed Fumi smiling.

 «I heard that a famous DJ is coming to play music for us tonight. Who do you think it’s going to be?» Gae In asked, her voice sounding too excited.

 «I heard of that, too. But I don’t think it’s going to be someone literally famous DJ. I mean, just think of it! There’s no chance. If they have money for a famous DJ, our school will keep it for the end of the year, the graduation ball.» Hannah moved her finger.

  That will be no DJ. That will be Led Apple, who are not going to get paid, of course. You’re not always right Hannah~ X.X

«I wish we had here Yoshiki,  from X-Japan. He’s my favourite!» Fumi clapped her hands and I smiled.

 I’ve heard that before by someone else… And I think I know by who.

 Hannah’s face became ugly by an expression of disgust, obviously by hearing X-Japan’s name, but we all ignored it.

 «You like music a lot, Fumi, huh?» I giggled.

 «Yeah, that’s true! But, as far as I’ve realised, Ivy- sshi, you like music a lot, too. Do you play any instruments? Do you sing?»

 «Oh, no, I only dance. I might can sing a little, too, but only a little. What about you?»

 «I sing a little, too. But my passion is my violin.»

 Gae In and I gasped with admiration.

 «Violin?? Wow, girl, that’s daebak!» Gae In gave five with Fumi.

 «Ah, yes, Fumi! Do you play many years?»

 «Since I was 5 years old. So, I guess, you can say that I play pretty well.» she smiled with an unknown- up to now- confidence, that made her even more charming.

 «That’s amazing! You’re going to play us a lot of parts, when we’re back in Seoul, OK? You’ll be the Henry Lau of our company!» I exclaimed and Fumi blushed. «You know Super Junior’s Henry, right?»

 «Of course I do! He’s my idol! I can play some of the parts he has played.»

 «Perfect! I can’t wait to hear you! That’s really cool!» I patted her shoulder and she gave me a warm look. «Fumi, please let me fix your hair. They’re so long and straight! They are provoking me to touch them and make them even more impressive.»

  She tilted her head a little and nodded, sitting on the only chair of the room. Gae In and Hannah looked at us surprised; OK, I’ve never suggested something like this to them. But I’m telling the truth, her hair is perfect for many types of styling. I want to try. I like fixing hair and nails, you all know it, right?

 

 

  I heard a wolf- whistle from behind me.

  I’m sitting at the end of the girls’ dorms section and I’m waiting for the rest of the girls. Fumi was helping Gae In with her dress and Hannah was finishing her make- up.

  I turned and smiled. Kwangyeon is standing on the other side of the path and is waving at me.

 «Hi there, hot one!» he yelled and I blushed.

 How do these guys manage to make me blush…? I really can’t understant.

 I looked around me. No one is coming.

 I ran towards Kwangyeon and hugged him.

 «Yeonnie!» I murmured and tightened my arms  around his neck.

 «Is your ankle OK?? Hyoseok told us that you twisted it, when we asked him why he was caring you on his back today, afternoon…» he patted my head.

 «I’m fine. I put some ice on it and it is now much better. As you can see, I can even run easily. What about you?»

 «I’m waiting for Hye Mi. I’ll her, of course.»

 «Ah.. yes. That love of yours…» I put my tongue out and he blushed.

  «HEY!!»

 We both turned to see the rest of Led Apple coming towards us. They are waving and jumping from a far. Even Youngjun is doing so. I waved back with excitement.

Aw, I’ve missed them so much.

  However I wanted to ran in their hugs, I heard a familiar voice from behind me and I knew that I had to go away from Kwangyeon.

  Rome is coming with Ray. They must be looking for us.

  I came out of the shadows and ran towards them.

  «Hi oppa. Hi Ray!» I smirked and Rome laid his arms around my waist.

  «Hi babe.» Rome whispered in my ear and kissed my cheek.

  Ugh… We’re starting with this mood… That’s no good.

  Na- ha. Don’t do that, Ivy. Try to be normal with Rome. Try it.

  I have to make my life at least a little like it used to be.

  «Where is the rest of the  girls’ gang?» Ray asked, fixing the collar of his white shirt.

 «They’re finishing the details. But I…»

 Ray smirked.

 «You don’t need details, Ivy, right?»

 «Oh, yes, she doesn’t. She’s perfect as she is.» Rome went on.

 What’s wrong with this guy’s romantic mood? I can’t understand when it’s and when it’s turned off again. Don’t laugh! Really… >.<

   

 

  1 hour later

 

 

  The colorful, flashing lights and the loud, pumping music has kind of hypnotized me. Our teachers let us drink a soft beer, too, so the feeling of dizziness became even more intense. Ray hasn’t stopped kissing and dancing with Hannah (Yuk…), Gae In is dancing with Siwoo and Kangjun with Fumi (I asked him to do so, we need to encourage her a little.) A few minutes ago, she told me that her (really rude and bad) friends are looking at her all the time, probably not believing that she’s hanging out with popular persons. That’s satisfying.

  I’m standing with Rome, who is finishing his second can of beer. I can see from that point of view Kwangyeon chatting with Hye Mi and Hyoseok, Youngjun just disappeared from my eye- sight and Kyumin is looking at the place that everybody is dancing. He’s doing that intensely. Could it be that he’s looking for anyone? I also caught Hyoseok looking at Fumi every now and then. I knew that I wasn’t wrong about this match- making… I’m only waiting to see her opinion when I’m introducing him to her.

  «That’s a hot dress…» Rome smirked and hugged me from behind, bringing me close to his body.

 I wanted to answer rudely, but I held back myself.

 «Thank you oppa…» I smiled and turned around, hugging his neck.

 «Let’s dance a little, huh?» he said in my ear and I nodded.

    The «famous» DJ is on the decks for half an hour now, but -unfortunately- we can’t see his face. His hair is dyed blonde and he is wearing huge dark sunglasses. His clothes are dark, too, but – as far as I can see- they are the last «must» of male «swagg» fashion. Who could it be? He’s playing nice music, anyway.

  We danced for at least 20 minutes, when I felt my ankle hurting me a little.

 «Oppa, can we sit now? My ankle is hurting me…» I said and Rome nodded.

 He nodded quickly and offered me his hand.

  «You’re the prettiest in here.»

 I looked at him with no interest and he tried to put all his charm in one smirk.

 «I know… you usually are, but I felt like saying it now.»

 «Thank you again, oppa. What is going on with the football team?»

 «Nothing serious. We’re trying to find out what are they going to do from next year, that I will have left school.»

 Rome is the leader. But I think they will survive without him. Football isn’t his best thing, to be sincere. He’s much better in dancing and rapping. I wonder how he has become leader for the last to years… :P

   «I know it will be difficult, but I’m sure they will make it with your help. Pick the most talented and smart one.»

 He looked at me in the eyes and smiled, maybe for the first time since I met him, cutely.

 «I didn’t expect you to trust my opinion that much. Thank you baby girl.»

  He came closer to me and bowed his head. Another kiss… Oh…

  He kissed my lips and tied his hands around my waist tightly. My hands remained frozen in his chest.

 I don’t like that. I have stopped feeling comfortable with Rome a long time ago.

  The kiss didn’t stop when it was expected to stop. Instead… he made it deeper.

 

 Omo, that’s no good.

 

 Rome left my lips and lowered his head even more, ending up to kiss my neck.

 

 Oh. .

 

 That’s enough.

 My hands on his chest kind of woke up. I pushed him back.

 «Oppa! What have I told you??» I said angrily.

 «But…» he mumbled.

 «No «but»! Don’t make me feel embarrassed and don’t make me wanting to scream in front of all these people! Think again of the words that I have told you, OK?» I went on with greeted teeth and turned my back to him.

  «Ivy… Ivy!» I heard him yelling, but I ran away from him.

  Pushing some people aside, I managed to get out of the crowded place and I kept on running. The place is much quieter and darker in the night .

   My steps led me towards the lake and I jumped in one of the boats that are tied on the wooden board. I shrugged in there, hugging my arms. The night is chilling cold, in contrast with the bright and warm morning.

  That… SAEKI! Ugh, he can’t understand what I keep on telling him! Sometimes he makes me hating him!

 

 Ugh, UGH! I’m furious, literally furious.

 I felt tears running on my cheeks.

 My psychological condition isn’t well at all, lately. I’m trapped.

  And- for one more time- I’ve trapped myself.

 

  How would life be if…

 If I was every day with Led Apple?

 Both in school and after school.

 If I was listening to their music 24/7?

  If I was studying with Hanbyul in the evenings?

  And then we would go to the park for long walks…

  He would protect me, as he did back then he got hurt…

 And the boys would tease Hanbyul as always…

  Maybe Hanbyul and I were…

   NO! NO! These couldn’t be happening!

  That would mean the end of princess Ivy. School princess Ivy!

 

 

 If all these were happening a year later… At least a year later…

Stick to the plan…

 «Stick to the plan…» I murmured almost hysterically, tears still running down on my face.

 

 

 

 

 I must be in the boat for half an hour now.

 My tears have dried on my cheeks and I feel really cold.

 Thankfully, no one looked for me. No one came out of the ball room in general. The mysterious DJ must be really good in his job.

  I think my eyes closed… I’m still a little dizzy…

  I don’t know how much time passed again.

 

  I heard a door cracking, but -sleepy as I am- I didn’t open my eyes immediately.

   However, my sense woke up, when I realised that a pair of steps can be heard walking on the rocky ground… I think it’s coming towards my direction.

  Geez… I’m a little scared…

 I half- opened my eyes; The only thing I can see is a tiny orange light, like a tiny fire. Is someone smoking?

  My heart shaking, I got up.

Ugh, my head aches me.

«Who’s there?» I murmured.

 Oh, yeap, the steps are definitely coming towards my direction…

 I made a step to leave the boat, my right foot on the wooden board. However, I have to admit that I forgot my ankle. And, yes, it’s the left one. My left foot, which was left on the boat started shaking and I lost balance. My ankle gave me a painful hit and my whole body slipped from the boat.

 «Who’s… AAH!» I screamed and found myself in the water.

  Oh my, oh my, the water is so cold!

  I tried to grab the wooden board, extending my hand almost painfully.

  Suddenly, a warm, strong hand grabbed mine and started pulling me.

  I made an effort to look at my saviour and then…

   The mysterious DJ is bending over me. He’s pulling my hand and is offering me another one.

  I pulled my hand back, a little scared. I don’t know who this guy is. And he’s still wearing the dark glasses.

 «I’m trying to help you!» he said, with a steady and really heavy and manly voice.

 The truth is that I’m numb and scared.

 

  «I… I… Who are you?» I mumbled.

 

 He, with an abrupt movement, removed his glasses.

 

 I gasped.

 

  I can’t believe that it’s actually him…

 

  What is he doing here?

 

 «Now, that you recognised me, will you help me to help you?» he smirked and started pulling me again.

  This time he had my help, though…

  Could it be real that the guy that is helping me is Bang Yong Guk? B.A.P’s Yong Guk?

 

 

 

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hi guys! Hope you liked today’s update! (It made my life difficult during the days I was writing it and I have to confess that I’m not that satisfied. :P) Anyway, I really hope you liked it! ^^ I know that Yong Guk’s appearance seems irrelevant and I don’t like doing such things, but he’s a guest and only and his role will be a little funny and useful. Please treat our guest well, then! ;) Thank you again for your support, subscriptions and comments! *bows deeply* I love them and they are always welcomed! =D Take care ‘til next time!!! <3