Sssh! Another secret~

"Byeol" means star

    Ivy's POV

     I stirred with a small spoon the hot coco that Hyoseok just gave me with his cute and shy smile. We are sitting in their living room, all six people, awkwardly looking at each other.

   It was a great surprise to find, while I was only looking for Hanbyul, also Kyumin, Youngjun, Hyoseok and Kwangyeon; yes, those weird musicians from our school. They are looking at me with interest, while Hanbyul is probably a little worried.

  What  a weird coincidence!

   Hanbyul cleaned his throat and pushed his glasses on their proper place on his nose; among those cool musicians- because, I know they are, even though they don't hang out with many other children- he's like a... black sheep- no, actually, a nerd sheep. He doesn't fit at all.

  "How did you come here, Ivy?" he asked, looking at me with his usual shy expression.

  Poor boy, why is he so nervous?

  "I asked Mrs Park to give me your adress; when you were marking the exercises on my book, what were you studying previously?"

  "Hmmm... That would be Korean History. Yes, that's what I'm revising today!" he smiled.

  "Ha, knew it!" I gasped and giggled as cutely as I could. "So, that's yours, I guess..."

  I handed him the piece of paper with his notes for history.

  "Indeed! But... how dit it..."

  "That's my fault! When I took my book back from your desk, I accidentally grabbed your notes, too. I thought that you'll need it, that's why I searched for your adress; you're such a careful and interested student.." I commented as charmingly as it was possible through that moment.

 GOD.

 Why the hell am I being flirty?

 "Say it clearly, Ivy-sshi; Hanbyul, you're such a nerd!" Kyumin chuckled and I felt kind of bad.

 "YAH!" Hanbyul exclamed and threw a cushion to him.

  "No! I didn't mean... I just..." I mumbled in panic, but Youngjun gently patted my shoulder.

  "We know you didn't, Ivy-sshi" he smiled. "And you, -head, shut up!" he turned to Kyumin.

  "Thank you, hyung." Hanbyul puffed and turned to me. "Ivy, how can I thank you? You got in so much trouble for me..." he rubbed the back of his head awkwardly and smiled, his cute dimples appearing.

   I, the famous school "princess", blushed with his cuteness and kindness.

  "Aw, c'mon, it was nothing! Since it was my fault..."

  "Ivy-sshi is a really kind young lady." Kwangyeon bowed his head.

  "Yes, I know..." Hanbyul nodded with a really gentle smile.

  "T-thank you..."

   After whaat it feels like years... I'm feeling a little shy again... Weird feeling, I'd almost forgotten it.

  So, tuuuurn back~ Be the confident princess again, Ivy!

   I cleaned my throat a little and changed my sitting position to a more girly one.

  "Are you guys friends? I mean, I didn't expect to ever find boys like you hanging out with Hanbyul-sshi. You're really different." I commented with my usual style (well, at least, I tried~).

  "We're bestest friends! We even live together!" Hyoseok widened his eyes in a way full of aekiyo.

  LIVE TOGETHER?

  WOW, Hanbyul is really a guy full of secrets. Interesting secrets.

  "Hyoseok means that..." Hanbyul tried to explain, seeming extremelly worried now.

  "Noo, I see what he means! Wow, it's amazing to stay with your friends! Really cool!" I gave him a sincere "thumbs up".

  Why is he so upset?

   Of course no one knows about that stuff, but... OK.

  Hanbyul puffed and the others started laughing.

  What on earth is happening?

  "And you know, he can be much less boring... We usually play.."

  Kwangyeon didn't manage to say anything else; Hanbyul, like a crazy panther, jumped on him and fought to cover his mouth. They started pushing each other like babies and Kyumin joined the fight, trying to free Kwangyeon, while Hyoseok was looking at that human ball undecisively. Youngjun popped in front of me, seeming really awkward and smiled.

  "Childish, probably boyish things... Sorry!" he commented, blushing a little.

  "Don't worry, oppa, it's OK. They must have their reasons..." I giggled and patted his shoulder.

  It is intriguing seeing such an energetic Hanbyul.

   Way intriguing.

 

  Suddenly, I remembered the time; I looked at my watch and confirmed that I will be late if I'm not leaving soon.

  "Sorry, oppas, I have to go! I'll be late for my date..." I got up and they all looked at me... disappointed?

    Hanbyul got up and tried to fix his messy hair and his glasses. The same did with their hair Kwangyeon and Kyumin.

  "Ah, yes... you shouldn't make your boyfriend wait..." he smiled in his always cute way.

   "Ne, indeed. Thank you for the coco and the company guys! It was nice to meet you personally!" I bowed and they did the same.

  "I'll lead you out, Ivy" Hanbyul hurried and the others said in chorus:"Byeee!~"

   Before he opens the door, he stopped and looked at me seriously.

  "Sorry for these stupid things in there, Ivy... We're just immature, annoying guys...."

  I chuckled.

  "Nooo, c'mon, I didn't feel awkward, so no worries."

  "Thank you for bringing me my notes... During a special day for you... you cared bringing me my stuff so I can study. Thank you very much." he bowed.

  "Aw, don't be silly! You have helped me out so many times and you keep doing it, so-somehow- I owe you." I answered and lifted him from his bowing.

  I was about to leave, but he stopped me again.

  "Can I ask you a favour?" he asked.

  "Yes, of course."

  "As I keep your secret about studying... Could you please keep my secret about these idiots in there and the fact that we live together...?" he gasped with nervousness.

  "As you wish... But, why?"

  Stupid me. Why am I being indiscriminate so often?

  Ah, yeap; I'm a "princess"... I have the right to be...

  Aigoo.

  "It's hard to explain right now, but... if it's not difficult for you, please don't tell anybody. I might do it when I think it's right... If you can of course!"

  His lips are trembling. He really cares for keeping that secret... I'm feeling a bad person, who's making people suffering.

  "Of course, I will! Don't worry, please. I respect your secrets, as you do mine!" I assured him and felt like hugging him.

    And I did.

   Crap~

   I'm feeling really nice, but I don't have to!!!!

  "Got to go now! And don't worry, really!" I smiled (confidence, come back NOW!).

   "Y-y-yes, see you! Have a nice time..." he murmured and slowly closed the door.

    I looked again at my watch; , I HAVE TO RUN!

   I started running to find my meeting spot with Rome; thankfully, I have planned it carefully and it's really close to the adress that Mrs Park gave me.

  People look at my weirdly, but I don't care. My mind is absent actually. I'm trying to realise all these things that I saw and heard in Hanbyul's place.

   Hanbyul is not who he actually seems. He isn't the usual nerd, the good boy that studies and lives with his "daddy" and "mommy". He's living with four guys that I never expected he would hang out with. They are too cool for a guy like him. Even though they are not "famous", being a musician is cool. Cooler than being a nerd for sure.

  How did these guys stick with each other? And what is more, why does he want to keep it a secret so anxiously?

   I stopped to calm my breath, but before realising it, I bumbed on someone.

   I looked up and it was- thankfully- Rome. I smiled.

  I'm sure that my make-up and hair are a mess and my cheeks are more than red.

   "Baby, you're late!" Rome said and hugged me.

   "Ne, mianhe, oppa." I gasped for air.

    "Get on the motorcycle; we are going to be on time for the concert." he pointed at his motorcycle and I jumped on.

    "Thankfully~" I said.

   He, before getting on too- looked at me and held my face.

   "You're the only person that can make me feel insecure... Really" he whispered and kissed me deeply.

   Here we go... Is Rome in love? With me? Again?

  

 

   Hanbyul's POV

    I closed the door as soon as Ivy left.

   My hands are shaking. SHE HUGGED ME. MAN, SHE HUGGED ME.

   Everything was messed up with Ivy's appearance.

   My lovely one... She did it for me... She minded my studying...

  Oh God, I just can't talk right now. I never expected to be here, with her and the other guys. I couldn't even imagine that she would EVER EVER hug me.

  Yes, I'm slowly dying from excitement.

  "Byeol, are you alive?" Youngjun shouted.

   , abrupt landing from the perfect dream world of mine.

  And rage is here to stay.

  "THE DOG OR THE HUMAN?" I shouted and rushed in the living room.

  "You, man, of course" Kwangyeon moved his shoulders.

   "And you, idiot, shut up! You guys ruined everything!" I literally erupted.

   "Mueos? She came here without warning! She saw us anyway, how could we know, hyung?" Kwangyeon protested.

   "You could PRETEND; PRE-TEND! But you, noooo, you just wanted to be sincere all of a sudden and told her that we all live together! Would you say anything else??"

  "Hey, I didn't say that! Hyoseok did!" Kwangyeon protested again.

  "Yes, one stupid thing! But you kept on to say more stupid things, right??"

  I am out of control.

  "And thank you for embarassing me to the girl I like, Kyumin, Kwangyeon!" I gasped and sat on the couch, tired of the whole fight.

  "You're not right, hyung." Kyumin said.

   "You just shut up, maknae, arasso?" I hid my face.

   "Hey, hey, for a nerd you shout too much, huh?" Kyumin seemed mad too.

   "SHUT UP!"

   "No, you shut up! You're killing us with your idiocy!" Kyumin went on with the fight.

   "Will you..."

   "That's enough, Hanbyul! Look, I can see the situation you are going through, but imagine how difficult it is for us to hide everything about our friendship and the place we live! If you think that you are in a ty situation, we are in an even worse! And we never whine for your plans; instead, we follow your wishes, however difficult it is, because we respect the fact that you're studying! We're not as smart as you are and we really admire your effort. So, stop behaving badly, OK?" Youngjun talked.

  And he talked correctly.

  And I feel a person.

  The phone rang and I hurried to catch it.

  "Yoboseyo?"

  "Son?"

  "Oma?? Hi..."

  "How are you doing, my dear baby?"

  "I'm fine oma... What about you?"

  "Fine, son, the weather is pretty hot here, in Brisbane. I just wanted to check your progress in studying... Do you think you'll make it?"

  "Ne, oma, N-E, O-M-A!"

  I'm already too upset.

  "Are you being rude son?"

  "Aniyo, oma, I'm just having a hard time because of studying, OK? I'm not in the mood to fight with you, too, now."

   "With whom else did you fight??"

   "Forget it, I'll call you tomorrow!" I shouted and I hanged up.

   "I don't understand..." her voice was lastly heard.

   You never do, oma. Neither you, nor appa.

    I hid my face in my palms.

  

   I have to apologise to my friends.

 

   I stepped in the living room, pretty embarassed.

  "Guys... I'm sorry. I'm... so tensed as the final exams are approaching..." I murmured.

  "We know, hyung" Hyoseok, my always kind Hyoseok, smiled.

   "Youngjun is right... You do everything for me and I... just don't respect you. I'm really, really sorry."

   They all got up and came closer to me.

   "Is she going to tell everyone?" Kwangyeon asked, with concern.

   "Aniyo... She promised to keep it a secret, as I - and you (she doesn't know I have told you guys about her secret)- keep hers." I puffed and pouted a little.

  "So, we're fine, right?" Kyumin asked.

   "Yes, of course we are." I smiled and opened my hug for them.

  Our team hug was the best medicine for my ty behavour.

   "She's a good girl... No y at all! At school, she seems to be a really snobbish person." Youngjun commented.

   "Ne, I don't know what's going on her mind... She's an unexpected person really." I said.

   "She must be thinking the same for you, too." Kyumin chuckled.

  "Yeah, true that..." I agreed.

    "She's so pretty!" Kwangyeon pouted.

    "And kind!" Hyoseok added.

    "And she doesn't hate you! No one of us, actually." Youngjun finished that Ivy-themed commentation.

   "Hey, easy, I liked her first!" I protested.

   "Who said we're claiming her??"

   "No one, I'm just cautious..." I giggled.

    "Yeah, right... You're jealous, hyung!" Kwangyeon giggled, too.

    I hurried to change, at least slightly, topic.

   "She hugged me at the door... I almost fainted."

   "MUEOS?"

   These were my boys in chorus.

   "She might- might like you..." Hyoseok said, without looking at me.

   I gasped and laughed.

   "Nah, don't be silly... She has a boyfriend and a hug doesn't mean anything... From her country she comes from, people are more extrovert and hug their friends; the climate is ideal for adopting such behavours over there."

  "Here we go... The geography book again..." Kyumin whined.

   "C'mon, I'm just explaining why she can't be liking me..." I whined.

   "Of course she can't; if you keep on being like that... no girl is going to like you..' Youngjun commented.

   Ouch, that hurts.

    "C'mon, guys. Final exams are close and... and things will change afterwards..."

   "No, the problem is not the exams; the problem is in your mind. If you don't change your mind, you won't change actually anything!" Youngjun went on with his advice.

   Change? To change what? It's no right time for changes!

 

 

   From misschoi: Hope that this isn't a way too loooooong update! Thank you for subscribing guys! You make me really happy!! Hope that what you're reading is and will be worthying your attention~ ^_^ Your comments are always welcomed! Take care til next time!! <3