"Byeol" means star

"Byeol" means star

Ivy’s POV

 

 

Hanbyul gave the order for our pizza and then looked at me through his nerdy glasses.

It’s been a long time that I haven’t seen this pair of glasses. And these ajusshi clothes. Same goes for his -all of a sudden- not stylized hair.

 

I totally love the new Hanbyul. He’s hot, sly, y, handsome, cute, talented, fashioned; he can be the perfect boy.

Still. I’ve missed the sweet, shy, cute, clumsy and sensitive Hanbyul. The nerdy Hanbyul. That’s the Hanbyul that I fell in love with in first place, after all.

And it doesn’t scare me that I have him once again in front of me now.

 

Even though I know that he is doing it to test me… He expected me to get embarrassed with his old look in front of all these young people, some of our ex- classmates, among them. «Haebaragi» wasn’t a random choice. He knew that people that used to stress me out would be here. He knew it and that’s why he chose it.

But I don’t care.

 

He has started blabbing infinitely about a Japanese book he bought and how he challenged himself to learn one day Japanese to be able to read it, just like Kwangyeon can.

 

I can see in his eyes, though, anticipation. He is waiting for me to act in a particular way. To be embarrassed.

I won’t, Mr Jang.

Because I love you, however you look or act.

 

«… It’s all about love and passion in this book and this really makes it even more tempting to read and…»

 

I sighed, resting my chin in my hands and smiled.

 

Why so cute, baby star?

 

Omo, he was in such a hurry to come out like a nerd again, that he forgot to remove his earrings. Aish, Mr Jang, you are something… XD

 

I didn’t manage to hold back myself and extended my hand.

My face still in my other hand, I kept on smiling and caressed softly his cheek.

 

He stopped talking and gulped slowly. I noticed him blushing again.

 

«You didn’t have to do this, you know…» I said, my voice coming out sweeter than I expected.

 

He tilted his head a little.

 

«Mwo…?» he whispered, still with red cheeks.

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

«Aigoo… You know what I mean. You didn’t arrive in these clothes, Mr Jang…»

Hanbyul was about to move his finger, but I stopped him again.

«But who cares about clothes, anyways? We have each other, right?» I smiled and blew a kiss to him.

 

He breathed slowly, looking down, at his plate.

 

«Look, Ivy, I…»

«Ssssh…» I placed my finger on his lips. «I’m not seeking for anything right now. Keep talking to me about all these things you usually do. You are really charming when you talk.» I smiled again.

 

He gently removed my hand from his cheek  and brought it on his lips, kissing the inside of my palm.

Oh.

That felt too nice.

Chills ran down on my spine.

 

«This means that I’m always charming?» he raised an eyebrow.

 

OK, even in this outfit, the new Hanbyul is protesting to come out~ That’s funny XD

 

«Eum… Let’s say so. But this also, consequently, means that you talk a lot, baby star.» I grinned and Hanbyul chuckled.

«I won’t disagree on that.» he moved his shoulders and kept my hand in his. «You know I like talking.»

I like the feeling of him holding my hand. I always feel safe when someone is holding my hands.

«Yes, I do. But what makes you even more perfect is that you never talk without any reason. You always have something interesting to say. And that’s something really special about you. And it has always been.»

 

«Thank you… All this sounds like a constant confession to me…» he tried to act cool.

«It doesn’t only sound. It is.» it was my turn to move my shoulders.

 

He looked at me, about to smile.

 

«But… why?» he said quietly.

«You seem to doubt my feelings towards you. So, the need to express the «7 things I love about you», comes out naturally, baby star.»

 

He looked down again.

 

He must be confused. All this time. And I’m really sorry for this, because I know it’s mainly my fault.

 

 Looking back at the events of the past year… It really is my fault mainly.

I started talking to him. Asking for his help. He was always eager to help me more. I just went with the flow at first. Slowly, I started liking it, more and more. I mean, his presence. I was extremely extrovert from the beginning. I loved how this was making him so shy and panicked.

 

I didn’t realize, though, that I was making both of us falling even harder for each other. When I found out about what was happening in my heart, it was my turn to panic. And to create distance. Something that caused pain to Hanbyul. And even more pain came when I was stupid enough to make him understand that I’m embarrassed of him, which wasn’t really true! I’ll never forget how hurt that made him feel!

 

I was the one to first play with his feelings. I was the one to make him be in a constant «on- guard» situation. What is happening to me all this time, is the result of my own actions and ideas. I should feel embarrassed for getting mad at him, because he constantly wanted to test me. It makes perfect sense to me why he wanted to do this.

 

My heart aches right now.

 

«I’ve been so stupid ALL this time, Hanbyul.» I said, my voice shaking uncontrollably.

He looked at me with a surprised look and- as I was about to pull my hand back close to me- he held it firmly in his once again.

 

«What are you talking about?» he asked me, fixing his glasses on his nose with a clumsy movement.

«I… I’ve been so selfish and blind, even when I was thinking that I wasn’t… What a person am I?» I bowed my head, emotions making me look ugly for sure.

«Stop saying such stuff… Hey, look at me.» Hanbyul extended another hand and lifted my chin up, making me look at him. «Hey… No tears, baby… We’re here to have a good time!»

My heart just skipped a beat. He called me «baby»… Oh, my, he did.

«It’s not only that… You wouldn’t feel the need to change clothes, if it was only that. You wouldn’t feel the need to «test» me again, if it was only that… Oh, what have I done to our relationship?» I covered my face with my hands, after releasing it from his grip.

 

I have to apologise to him. I have to tell him a couple of things. And I’ll let him decide.

 

 

 

 

Hanbyul’s POV

 

 

Did I make her feel THAT bad?

 

She’s almost crying!

And it hasn’t to do with my outfit swap. That didn’t seem to trouble her at all. She wasn’t embarrassed.

Stupid plan of mine.

Or… no.

Actually… It wasn’t that stupid! It’s not that it didn’t work! It’s just that the result was positive!

Oh, oh, my, Ivy really likes me!

 

But, WAIT, you idiot.  You are all excited here, celebrating by yourself, while she is breaking down right in front of you!

 

I got up from my chair and found a seat right next to her.

I can’t understand what has made her so upset right now…

 

«Ivy… Yah, look at me, baby!»

 

Love words come out  more easily as time goes by with her in this date.

 

She looked at me again, this time, a few tears furrowing her cheeks.

Oh, nooooo~

 

«Ivy, why the hell are you crying? Is it that bad to see me again in these clothes?» I tried to joke, slowly passing my arm on her shoulders.

She, without giving me an answer, let herself slowly lean on my shoulder, actually in my hug.

I hugged her and patted her head.

 

«Do you want us to end this date? You don’t seem to have fun…» I whispered as sweetly as I could.

 

She reacted a bit abruptly, grabbing my arm.

 

«No, no! Please! I just feel like I have to tell you some things… Will you hear me?» she pouted.

 «Ah… Ehm, yeah, why not? But after we eat our pizza, right? I’m hungry…» I whined and held my tummy.

 

 She smiled and laughed a little.

Phew, I made her laugh~ =0=

 

«OK, then…» she caressed my cheek, giving me an intense blush again.

 

I bent my head to kiss her forehead, but- at the same time- she looked up at me, so the kiss was about to end up on her lips.

She slightly closed her eyes.

 

How can I keep on resisting to a such a temptation?? I mean, she asks it! She wants to BE KISSED!

 

Not that I don’t want it. My whole body is protesting for not kissing her!

 

OK, I’ll just go with the flow.

 

I leaned closer to her, closing my eyes, too.

 

«Here we go. I knew you would come back with another guy.» a damn, stupid voice was heard, right before our lips touched.

 

We both looked at the direction that the voice was coming from.

Hannah.

 

That  poisonous girl.

 

Along with another poison. Hyoseon. Good job girls.

 

They seemed surprised, though, by seeing my face.

 

Ivy tensed in my arms. I felt her getting worried.

 

«Here we go again, indeed, Hannah. What do you want now?» I said with a casual tone.

«So, it’s you, Hanbyul, again? The variety of Ivy’s boyfriends has been dramatically reduced, should we worry?» she raised an ironical eyebrow, pushing with her elbow Hyoseon.

«Shut up.» Ivy simply said.

«Oh, someone is mad.» Hyoseon moved her shoulders.

«Shut up with your ing lies! I can’t stand you anymore!» Ivy finally raised her tone.

«What boyfriends are you talking about?» I asked.

 

I know they are lying. I know they are just trying to spread rumors about Ivy, to spoil her still good image among the former school society of ours.

 

«Don’t you know that Ivy has many boyfriends? Rome is one of them, as it used to be. She also plays with you, as far as I can see. Bang Yongguk is the new entry; there have been many things said about how she ended up in TS that easily…»

«Said? By you?» I raised an eyebrow and smiled.

«Idiot. Can’t you see how she’s teasing you?» Hannah raised her tone.

«Of course she’s teasing me. That’s what most girlfriends do to their boyfriends.»

 

Here, Ivy looked at me with her big eyes filled with question marks. Still, I can see a smile playing with her lips.

The two idiots seemed at a loss.

Hannah tried to react.

 

«Yes, Ivy must now that well, since she has a lot of boyfriends…»

 

«Ugh, that’s enough, Hannah! What I’m trying to tell you is that Rome is free for you, because Ivy is with me and I don’t intend to let her go easily!» I got up from my place.

«Like really?» Hannah gasped in a really funny way.

«I don’t need to give you any explanations. Now, do let us go on with our date. And stop spreading rumors for Ivy; your idiocy isn’t threatened by her anymore.»

 

Hannah remained confused for a couple of seconds, but then pulled Hyoseon from her arm and walked quickly away.

 

I sat back down, swallowing my nervousness.

 

I have to act cool for Ivy’s sake.

 

She kept on looking at me with that cute look.

Oh, what to do?

 

«Did you… really mean what you said before?» she raised an eyebrow.

 

«I think we should really talk…» I smiled and caressed her cheek.

 

My mobile started vibrating in my pocket and I didn’t really hurry to take it in my hands, as the view I have in front of me  is far better.

 

«Won’t you answer?» she pouted .

I laughed like an idiot and rubbed the back of my head.

 

«Yeah, yeah.»

 

I looked at the screen.

 

«Youngjun»

 

I rolled my eyes, but answered quickly.

 

«Yoboseyo?»

«Hi…»

«Hurry! I’m on a date, remember?»

«I don’t want to ruin your moment and you can receive my words as a simple information for you…»

 Suddenly, I felt a little uncomfortable.

 

«What is it?» I asked.

«Don’t freak out, but… We’re at the hospital.»

«MWO?» I yelled, widening my eyes.

 

Ivy looked at me with concern.

 

«What… What the hell happened?»

«Nothing too serious in the end… It’s just… Kwangyeon had a terrible stomachache, after we ate with the girls and since nothing could make him feel better, we called Chusang to get us to the hospital.»

 

I sighed with relief and covered my mouth.

 

«Is he OK now?» I said in a low tone.

«Much better. Really, no need to…»

«Give me the address, I’m coming there.»

«But, what about Ivy…?»

«Our business.»

«OK, as you think.»

 

I looked at the address and sighed.

I got really scared. Really- really. I thought that something serious had happened.

I’m curious what Ivy’s reaction will be…

 

«Who was it?? You seemed so worried!» she tapped my shoulder.

I lowered my head.

«It was… It was Youngjun. They took Kwangyeon to the hospital.»

«WHAT? Oh my God, what happened?» Ivy immediately got up from her seat, her eyes tearful in a matter of seconds.

«Don’t worry too much, please. It was just a bad stomachache.» I caressed her arm.

«Oh, it doesn’t matter! We have to go and see him!» she grabbed her bag and mobile.

«And… what about our date?» I raised an eyebrow.

 

She stood for a second, but –then- rolled her eyes.

 

«We can repeat it some other time… Our dear friend is much more important than that, right?» she moved her hands impatiently.

 

I smiled to myself. She’s amazing.

 

«Of course, he is. Let’s go» I got up, too and grabbed her hand, as we rushed out of the place.

 

--

 

«OMG, Kwangyeonnie, are you OK?» Ivy rushed in the room that Kwangyeon and all of our friends are seated.

 Kwangyeon, pretty pale, smiled at her cutely.

 

«I’m much better, don’t worry.»

«Aww, come here!» she exclaimed and hugged him tightly.

 

Hye Mi smiled with Ivy’s cute reaction. We have become a good company altogether.

 

Kwangyeon hugged her back and I coughed awkwardly.

 

«Yah, we will get jealous!» Youngjun laughed, Zia in his arms though.

 

Ivy turned to put her tongue out towards him and then hurried to hug her girlfriends.

It’s my turn to hug my buddy.

 

«Idiot… You scared us!» I rubbed his head and ended up hugging him, too.

«Sorry… I don’t know what was wrong with this food…» Kwangyeon scratched his head. «No one else had any problem.»

«Yeah, that’s true!» Kyumin hurried to confirm.

«Maybe something from Kwangyeon’s share was bad…» I frowned.

«Yeah, that’s the most probable.» Youngjun left the girl group, after patting Ivy’s head and joined us.

«How did they make you feel better?» I turned to Kwangyeon.

«Eum… I’ll sound disgusting, but I ended up throwing up.» he half- closed his eyes.

«That is sensible, it’s not disgusting!» I patted his head. «Did they give you any instructions?»

«They gave him a pill for the stomachache. They said in a couple of hours he will be completely fine.» Hyoseok appeared with Fumino in his hug and kissed her cheek.

«Ivy got really worried for you… She was crying during the half of the route!» I joked.

 Kwangyeon pouted and looked towards the girls’ direction. He extended a hand and pulled Ivy’s top.

 

Ivy looked at him a little startled, but then followed his pulling, receiving once again a tight hug from him.

 

This time I coughed louder and Hye Mi joined me, laughing loudly.

 

«OK, that’s enough, we will get indeed jealous!» I yelled and pulled Ivy from his hug, leading her into mine.

«Wait a minute. Byeol hyung is wearing the nerdy outfit again!» Kyumin pointed at me funnily. «What, WAEEE?» he exclaimed.

«Ugh, I can explain!» I sighed, but the maknae’s reaction was too funny to be ignored by the others.

 

All of our friends started laughing, when the door flung open and Chusang got in.

He paused for a second, looking at all these couples. He mainly looked at me and Ivy and raised an eyebrow.

 

«Is the thing that is happening in here THAT suspicious?» he asked slowly.

«Lmao, what do you mean?» Youngjun rolled his eyes, as he usually does with our manager, bringing back the laughter around.

«Are there 5 couples in here?» Chusang held his forehead.

«You can say so.» Hyoseok giggled.

«Are you mad?» Kwangyeon bit his lip.

«Who cares?» Youngjun and I said at the same time.

 

Our manager rolled his eyes and moved his hands impatiently.

 

«I wouldn’t care less, if your CEO wasn’t here!» he yelled.

 

We all let out a confused voice and moved miles away from each other. As if that won’t cause suspicion… XD

 

«Well… he will find out sometime soon.» Kyumin scratched his head.

«Yes, but slower than that, please!» Chusang said again, before he did a step on the right and let another man in the room.

 

That’s our CEO.

 

«Anyeonghaseyo!» we all bowed.

 He simply moved his head and walked towards Kwangyeon, patting his back.

«How are you now?» he asked him.

«Better. Don’t worry, seonsaengnim, I’ll be completely fine soon.» our friend bowed his head shyly.

«That’s OK. Be more careful, young one.»

 

He then turned to the rest of us.

 

«Don’t feed Kwangyeon again.» he simply said and quickly walked out of the room.

 

At first discreetly, then louder, we all started laughing again, even manager hyung, too.  We soon couldn’t talk, because we were holding our tummies.

 

«All». Well, Kwangyeon doesn’t laugh, of course.

 

«Ohhh, we shouldn’t feed our cute pet agaiiiin!» Hyoseok put his tongue out, pinching Kwangyeon’s cheeks and another round of laughter started, Kwangyeon finding refuge in Hye Mi’s hug.

 

Still trying to recover from this hilarious situation, I approached Ivy’s side and held her arm.

 

«We have a date to finish, right?» I smirked at her.

«Sure!» she winked, obviously relieved from her nervousness for Kwangyeon’s condition. «Let’s go!» she clapped her hands.

«Hey, wait! I have to change clothes first! I can’t look like a moron anymore!» I whined and Ivy giggled, jumping in my hug.

 

 

 

 

Ivy’s POV

 

 

 

I wonder how stupid I had been and for how long…

Dates at the parks are the best!

 

After this weird and intense evening, we didn’t want to return to «Haebaragi», so we ended up in a nearby to the hospital park.

 

We are sitting on Hanbyul’s jacket, which he kindly layed down for my white skirt, and we are eating jelly beans. The weather is chillier now and the sky is pretty cloudy. Still, I like it here.

 

«I’m sorry. This date must be the stupidest you’ve ever been.» Hanbyul said, while chewing a yellow jelly.

«Are you serious? I mean, the first part was kind of anxious and weird, but this part, right now, is just pure fun!» I smiled and got a blue one from his hand.

 

It’s not my fault. The blue ones are my favorite.

 

«I’m sorry for the transformation part. I mean… I didn’t really need to change clothes and test you… Still, I don’t know why I insisted on doing it.» he sighed. «I’m really sorry if I made you feel bad.»

 

Here, my heart is protesting, Mr!

 

«No, no! You don’t understand! There’s no need for you to feel sorry! I am the one to blame for all these, Hanbyul…» I frowned to myself.

 

He was about to protest, but I stopped him.

 

«Look, dear… The problem was never you. The problem was always MY behavior and only. I… I didn’t start talking to you only because I was seeking your help in Maths… I started talking to you because I always considered you cute. And I was feeling the need to be closer to you.» I played with my fingers shyly.

 

Hanbyul looked at me with surprised eyes.

 

«I know, you won’t believe me, but… that’s the truth. I wasn’t realising it when I was doing it, but now, I can see it clearly. I’m sorry for coming closer to you for a long time and then making you feel like I am embarrassed of you! This is isn’t true, I swear! I was never embarrassed of you… I was just being stupid, because I panicked for the upcoming ball and this silly guy’s arrival from my country…»

 

«For whom I don’t know anything yet…» he folded his arms on his chest.

 

I smiled.

 

«I’ll tell you everything, I promise. Anyways… I want you to believe that, Hanbyul. I was never embarrassed of you. Instead, I always- for some mysterious reasons- harbored the gentlest feelings for you. You can’t understand it, but it was probably a matter of a few weeks to fall completely in love with you, after we started with the lessons. The feeling was so intense that it scared me… I was jealous of Zia’s name on your mobile, I got almost sick with Younghee’s presence and the idea of your «arranged marriage» with her, I was even jealous of Hyoseon. God, you see how badly I have fallen for you, Mr? That’s why I kept a distance… During the school excursion, if you remember. But I was regretting it every single moment, I wanted to get to you, because I missed your sweet presence.» I bowed my head with a slight embarrassment.

 I felt him getting closer to me and -then- his arm around my waist.

 

«Ivy… No need to go on with this…» he whispered.

«No, no, let me finish please… Even when you dumped me in the party and lied to me about your departure for Japan, I faced this as the rest of our friends; Hanbyul is hurt and he is being hard to me to teach me a lesson. I was being selfish again. Viewing all the events from MY point of view. But today… What made me sad today, Hanbyul, is that you felt the need to «test» me again… And that made me realise that this wasn’t a punishment for me. That made me realise how much I hurt you, how insecure I made you with yourself. All these things you did, weren’t a punishment, but an extra protection for your already broken heart, which I actually broke so badly…» I hid my eyes with my palms, feeling like crying, whenever I’m realising what I had done to our relationship.

 

«Hey… Stop torturing yourself with these thoughts…» he gently patted my shoulder.

 

«I’m so sorry for everything I caused in your life this year… I’m so sorry for breaking your gentle and kind heart and for all the pain you felt because of me! I…» I had already started my mumbling, when he cupped my cheek.

«I felt pain indeed. But all these things that happened were beneficial for me in the end. Without this «rejection» story between you and me, I’d have never taken the decision to change and be myself. And choose the career that I had always been dreaming of, which is the one of a singer’s. So, don’t apologise for anything. It was a difficult, full of changes year, for you, too. What matters is that we’re now, here, together and we’re calmly solving things out, right…?» he moved his hand gently, caressing me.

«I agree, but… What are we gonna do after that?»

«Eat pizza?» Hanbyul half- closed his eyes and I laughed, slapping his arm.

«I don’t mean right after that, baby star… I mean… In general. You and I.»

«Well… I don’t know about you, girl, but I really don’t intend to let you go not even an inch away from me.»

 

My heart started its crazy race again… He… He really wants to be with me!

 

«Which means?»

«Which means… Do you want to be my girlfriend, Ivy?» he looked at me and smiled in his- now- usual foxy way.

 

After he finished his sentence, it was like something blew up inside me. I can’t believe that this is finally happening!

 

«Hey, yah! Do answer, I feel like an idiot waiting like this!» he nudged me with his elbow, laughing, too.

 

«Of course I do, you pabo!» I exclaimed and hugged him tightly.

 

He cleaned his throat in a really funny way and looked at me with a playful look.

«We have to finally give our first kiss, don’t you think?» he moved his eyebrows meaningfully and I rolled my eyes.

«But we have already kissed, dear, if you remember. During the school ball…?»

«No, you don’t understand. This kiss doesn’t count. It belongs to a really blur past. I don’t even remember it well…» he moved his shoulders and lowered his head to be closer to mine.

«Eum… OK?» I half- closed my eyes.

«Yah, kiss me girl!» he tickled me and hugged me again.

«Wait! I owe a kiss to this Mr…» I stopped him for a second and opened his backpack to find his glasses in there.

I simply put them on his face and smiled at him. He raised an eyebrow, though.

«I owe a kiss to this cute creature, the old Hanbyul, that I firstly fell in love with…» I whispered and –caressing his cheek- I closed my eyes and my burning lips touched his.

 

I felt his arm tightening around my waist and he gently tilted his head a little to make our kiss more intense.

 

We have been waiting for this like forever! That’s why it feels so nice, right?

I felt something like water on my arms, but didn’t pay attention. Again and again.

 

Hanbyul broke the kiss and looked at the sky. I soon imitated him.

 

«God, it’s raining!» he slapped his forehead and removed his glasses. «Let’s go, you will catch a cold!» he pulled me up and grabbed his jacket, too.

«OK, don’t freak out that much… It’s kind of romantic…» I hugged him and he smiled.

We started walking slowly out of the park.

 

It’s already night.

 

«Ivy… Don’t ever say that about old and new Hanbyul… It feels a little weird.» he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

«I know… I’m sorry, you are right. Hanbyul is and has always been one… And besides the way he looks or was looking, he has always been a bright star in my life… Because «byeol» means star, right?» I hugged him more tightly and getting up on my toes, I kissed his- once again- red cheek. 

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hi guys~ ^^ As you realise this is almost the end of our story... I hope you liked everything so far and anything didn't let you down. It'll be satisfying and educational for me to find out about your thoughts and opinions. Thanks to the new subscribers and to these guys who commented~ ^0^ Wait for a bonus chapter next week~Gonna be fun to end this! Take care, guys! Fighting! ^^ <3