Chances

"Byeol" means star

Ivy’s POV

   

 

 

 

  These two hands that just pulled me… They can’t be real Bang Yong Guk’s hands… No, they can’t!

  I found myself seated on the wooden board, my legs extended forward and my hands embracing myself. It’s shivering cold.

  That’s ridiculous; how did I end up in the water? I really can’t understand. That damn sprained ankle is to blame for sure! Thank God, no school kid is around to see me like this.

 But, wait.

  Here’s Bang Yong Guk. The real, B.A.P’s, Yong Guk. And he saw me LIKE THIS???

 

  ~

  I lifted my eyes with great hesitance. I suppose that my hair is a wet mess and that my make- up is running down on my face, l must be looking like a scary clown.

  I faced Yong Guk and remained speechless, my mouth half-opened.

   He smiled and waved awkwardly.

 «Yo, unlucky girl~» he said with this deep and extremely heavy voice of his.

 «H-hi… Yong Guk-sshi…» I mumbled and tried to get up.

  He moved his hands to show me to remain seated.

 «Don’t get up yet! You went through a great shock over there, didn’t you? How did you trip from the boat?»

 «I- I… I have a sprained ankle. And I was silly enough to stand on it, a moment ago, when I …»

 Yong Guk laughed.

 «…When you saw me and got scared. Sorry for appearing like this, but I just saw you in the darkness, all alone and- for a moment- I wondered if you were real or something…» he kneeled and finally sat next to me.

 WOW. That’s unbelievable~ ToT

  I can’t speak right now. I’m too excited and cold to say anything.

   Like a wet, disgusting cat, I look at this guy as if he’s fake. He looked at me again and burst into laughter, patting my head.

  «Mueos…?» I pouted, with a whiny voice.

 «Nothing, I guess that this is the face that people take when they see someone they don’t expect to see in a particular place. Aaaand when they have fallen previously in the cold water, too.»

 «I’m sorry Yong Guk- sshi, but the last person that I expected to see in a dirty camp is an idol!» I murmured, shaking as a cold breeze blew gently.

«You’re right.» he smiled and rubbed my arm. «Omo, you’re cold!» he exclaimed and put off his jacket, leaving it on my shoulders.

 I looked at him, a little surprised and blushed. This thing smells «man»; perfume, after- shave or so and what I suppose it’s Yong Guk’s smell. You know, like, every person has a smell that you can recognise them? Exactly this.

«T-thank you… Sorry for being like this, again. I can’t believe it’s you, standing in front of me.»

 «It’s me, it’s me» he giggled and rubbed my back again.

  Omooo, Yong Guk is touching me! Again! ToT

 «Could I ask what are you doing here? I mean, is the rest of your gang with you? Where are they?» I widened my eyes and he smiled again.

 Man, I’m blinded~ He has an awesome smile!

  «Could we tell these things somewhere else? I don’t think you want to return to the party like this… And your lips are purple! It’s obvious that you’re so cold. Come, come with me… Don’t tell me that you’re scared of me even now?» he got up first and offered me a hand.

 I gave him my shaking hand and he helped me get up, too. We started walking. I don’t know, I’m just following him.

 «Where are we going?» I dared to ask.

«My dorm. Unless, again, you are scared of me…» he laughed.

 «Aigoo, why should I be? I just didn’t know who you were back then…» I pouted and he widened his smile.

 «OK, then, I believe you. What’s your name, by the way, unlucky girl?»

 «It’s Ivy. And usually I’m not unlucky, Yong Guk-sshi…» I managed to smile with my well- known confidence.

 «Oppa. I must be an oppa to you, unless you’re a teacher in this school that is partying in this building…» he pointed at the ball room.

 «Omo, do I look like a teacher, oppa?» I pouted again (Could I NOT pout in front of an idol?? ToT)

«Ani, that’s for sure. So, Ivy. That’s not very Korean. And your face isn’t Korean, too. But your words sound like clear Korean to me.»

 «Let me be mysterious for a while, like you are, concerning your presence here.» I put my tongue out and he nodded.

  The dorm he led me, is bigger than any other I’ve seen so far and is closer to the dorms of the camp’s leaders. Wow, it’s pretty big! He opened with a key his door and we both got in.

  That’s a tidy room for a boy…

 He showed me to sit, but I looked at him, as if I didn’t believe him.

 «I’m a mess, I can’t sit anywhere in here!»

 «Hmmm, yes, OK.»

 I looked at him with a huge question mark in my eyes and he smiled awkwardly.

«I should go in my dorm and change. That is much better, I guess.» I said with determination and turn to leave.

 «OK, I’m escorting you then and we’re coming back here, that there is a stove to keep you warm. I know that the rest of the dorms are not that warm.» he hurried to follow me.

   I was walking in front of him, quickly, feeling that the wet clothes on me is definitely going to give me a nice cold. In my dorm, I looked at the mirror and started laughing.

  I look dreadful! And I looked like this in front of Bang Yong Guk… Ugh, I’m furious!

  I threw the wet dress and underwear on the chair of the room and wore my warmest pants and blouse, drying my hair as much as I could with a towel and putting on my beanie. I have to keep warm as much as I can.

  I have no time to fix my make- up unfortunately; he’s waiting outside!

  Bang Yong Guk is waiting outside.

 Omo!

  I got out again and smiled at him.

 «Much better now!» I said and he patted my head.

 «I hope your nose won’t be red for a long time more. Do come to my dorm, the stove is making the place very warm.»

  Once in his dorm again, I am now sitting on a cozy armchair and he’s sitting on the bed, in front of me. The stove is next to me and I really cherish the warmness  that it is giving off.

 «Are you sure that they’re not going to need you again for the music, in there?» I asked.

 «Yeah, I would play the music for only three hours. The rest of it was up to another guy. Anyway, the party will be over, sooner or later.»

 «Will you tell me now why you are playing the music in that camp? I mean, you didn’t have any other, more interesting thing to do?»

 «That’s a good question. I definitely did. But I used to come in this camp, when I was a child and a teenager and I- somehow- love this place and its people. They asked to come and play the music for you guys, so it was a nice chance to escape from the routine of Seoul and be a little calmer here, in the silence of nature. You can even meet interesting people here.» he moved his shoulders and winked towards me.

 I must have blushed. I must have blushed!!!!!!

 «Yeah, but you intended to keep your identity a secret. That’s why you were wearing these glasses and no one announced your name, right?»

 «Apart from unlucky, you’re smart, too. Hmm.. I see. Yes, that’s right. If all these people were recognising me, my silence would have been over, before it had even begun.»

 «That makes sense. No worries, I won’t tell anybody I saw you.» I lifted my hands and he winked again.

 «So, Ivy… Half- Korean?»

 «Aniyo, long story. I’m not Korean at all. My parents work here since… let’s say 5 years ago. I can’t really remember how I learnt the language. A woman was talking to us- me and my brother- in Korean for a year before we came in Korea, so things weren’t that tough after our arrival.»

 «People can do impressive things when they have to survive in a foreign environment… And learning such a difficult language, compared to the Western ones, I guess it’s something impressive. I can’t even speak English that well.»

 «Thank you, oppa.» I smiled gently. «Could you tell your fellow member, Zelo, that he’s so- so- so cute?»

  Yong Guk started laughing loudly.

 «OK, I’ll tell him. What about me, then? Since we started the complimenting…»

 Ugh, I must have blushed again…

 «Well, oppa… Yong Guk oppa is an amazing rapper. He has a really charming voice and a dazzling smile. Oh and he can dance well. Really well.» I said with a little hesitance.

  Yong Guk clapped his hands loudly and gave me a thumbs up.

 «That was refreshing. Thank you for your kind words!» he bowed his head and looked at me with smiley eyes.

«You know that this is awkward for me, right?» I asked him.

 «Why?»

 «Because… It’s difficult to not fangirl in front of the persons that you look up to.»

 «You look up to me…? For what?»

 «But for your dancing skills! I dance, too. I’m the president of the school’s dance club. Long time now.»

  He seemed pleasantly surprised.

  «You dance? I suppose you dance well… Beautiful girls are rarely multi- talented, but- as I said before- you’re smart, too. So, I shouldn’t be surprised. And as for the fangirl issue, if all the fangirls were acting like this, being an idol wouldn’t have any drawback…»

 I smiled and gave him a thumbs up.

 My confidence is coming back, after Rome’s annoying behavior.

And thanks to who? Bang- Yong- Guk!

 «What are you thinking?» he asked me seriously.

 «Hmmm? Oh, nothing. Why?»

 «Because you frowned a little.»

 «Ah, yes… I was thinking of my boyfriend. He can be a big - jerk, sometimes.»

 «You have a boyfriend?» Yong Guk raised an eyebrow.

 «Yeap. A big idiot, called Rome.»

 «Ah, I see… Anyway. I’m challenging you to show me your moves. I want to see you dance.» he smirked.

 Ha, he must be expecting a negative answer, but I’m not that type of hesitant girl. OK, he’s an idol, but I’m confident for myself.

 «OK, then.» I moved my shoulders and got up.

 He seemed taken aback again. But he’s smiling.

 «What song do you prefer?»

 «It wouldn’t be very nice to say some other artist’s song, I guess, so why not «No Mercy»?»

 «No mercy, playing.» he clicked a button on his mobile and the song started playing.

  OK, here we go…

--

 

 

 

 

  «Where have you been onnie? We were looking for you!» Gae In said, as they all got in our dorm.

 I returned in our dorm from Yong Guk’s literally 5 minutes ago. I wore my pajamas rapidly and disappeared in my bed. I have the excuse ready.

 «I had a terrible headache and I just wanted to be in bed. I’m already feeling better, so no worries.» I got up and looked at them, smiling.

 «You sure you’re OK?» Fumi asked, touching my forehead.

 «Yes! Don’t worry, please~»

 «Rome was asking about you. You didn’t tell him about the headache?» Hannah raised an eyebrow.

«No, I didn’t. I don’t need to tell him everything.» I said firmly.

 «Weird, Ray oppa said that he saw you two fighting.»

  Aish, I’m gonna punch her.

 «No, we didn’t. And, even if we did, it’s not your business, right?» I moved my hand and laid back again.

 «OK, it’s OK if you don’t want to talk about it.»

 I was about to scream, when Fumi talked.

 «Oh, c’mon, leave her alone. Didn’t you hear that she has a headache?»

 Hannah’s eyes became frighteningly small.

 «And you didn’t hear that I wasn’t talking to you?»

 «Oh, shut up, Hannah. Go to your bed now.» Gae In said, without looking at her and we all gasped with surprise.

 Gae In making Hannah shut up! Wow! World has still chances to become a better place!

 Hannah puffed, frowning angrily and started wearing her PJs.

 That was in your face! A-HA!

  Fumi grabbed my dress to put it aside and remained still for a moment.

 «Ivy- sshi, your dress is wet! Did you wash it or something?»

 «Mueos? Ah, ne, ne, I washed it. Some fruit punch was poured on me…»

 Ugh, lies come easily sometimes.

  «Are you ready Fumi? I want to turn off the lights…» Gae In asked, disappearing in her bed, too.

 «I am, I am.» Fumi climbed on her bed and covered herself with the blanket.

  «Good night.»

 «Good night.»

 «Good night, everybody.» I said and closed my eyes.

  Yong Guk smiling to me appeared and I think that- unconciously- I smiled, too.

  The dancing «challenge» finished successfully. I mean, Yong Guk even applauded! He told me that I dance well and I have the body and the looks to do more things with it.

  Could that mean anything more? I mean, could I hope for something good with this meeting?

  Yong Guk… I hope I’ll be dreaming of him. Dancing with him.

 That would be daebak.

 

  However, as I feel the sleep making my head heavy, another face appeared in front of me, which I didn’t manage to shoo away.

 

  And that was Hanbyul’s…  >.<

 

 

 

 

 Hanbyul’s POV

 

 

 

  I would never imagine how much spare time I would have without school and school’s homework. Since almost everyone joined the excursion at that camp, we have no lesson, so I’m staying home. I’ve revised many things that were making me nervous, but there are many more to come.

  This silence has saved me. I mean, I can concentrate perfectly.

  Yeap, I love this silence.

   The truth is that I hadn’t stayed on my own since I moved in Korea and started living with Led Apple. I guess, it was about time. I love my friends, but sometimes, they can be really noisy.

  Back to my beloved Physics.

 

  …

 

 

  Hey.

 Did you hear that?

 I am sure that I heard Kwangyeon’s laughter. Or was it Kyumin’s?

 «Kwangyeon? Guyyys?» I yelled and got up from my desk.

  Rushing downstairs, I saw no one. Only little Byeol is here, laying on the couch and lifted his head as soon he noticed me in the room.

  «It’s only me and you, buddy…» I murmured, pouting at him.

  Aish, am I going crazy? Why would they be here? The excursion lasts for 5 days!

 To be sincere, I expected to see them all leaving their stuff next to the door and jump happily in our house. Maybe that’s what I wanted to see.

  And what would be even more perfect…? If they had Ivy with them!

 

  I moved my head intensely. All these things are insane, I’d better stop here.

  I puffed and sat on the couch and caressed Byeol’s head, who left his head on my thigh and is simply looking outside the window.

 OK, I start hating this silence. I might have hated it in first place and I just didn’t realise it. Ugh, yes, it’s driving me crazy. I have to do something. Get out of here, for a while at least.

  I grabbed my mobile.

  I didn’t expect to see a message from Youngjun; it’s the morning of the third day that they are there and -from what Hyoseok told me- yesterday night they would be at the ball room of the camp to party. How’s it and he woke up so early?

 

  «Interesting things are happening…» I read in Youngjun’s message.

  I don’t like the mood of this message…. Ugh, what does he mean??

 I’m calling him.

  Oh, another message! It’s from Zia.

 «Shall we go for a coffee?»

 Why not. I can’t stand this lifeless place anymore!

 I went on with my job, calling Youngjun.

 «Hyung? Anyeong!»

 «Hey, Byeol boy! Good morning!»

 «Good morning!»

 «How’s my baby Byeol?»

 «You’re not referring to me, I guess and I hope…» I giggled.

 «NO! The D.O.G!» he yelled.

 «He’s fine, just fine.»

 «What about you then?»

 «Ehm… Fine, I guess.»

 «Have you visited StarKim at all?»

 «Aniyo. I didn’t have the time. But, hyung, I called you…»

 «Did that snobbish queen bother you at all?»

 «Are you talking about Zia? No, just now she asked me to go out for a coffee. Well, I called you to…»

 «Tell her no! Who does she think she is? Bothering us all the time… Aish…»

 «HYUNG! Let me talk!» I exclaimed. «I called you to explain me about that message you sent me!»

 «Hmmm?»

 «Ah, chinja, I can’t talk with you. Are you OK? …That message you sent me…? About interesting things happening…?»

«Ah, yes. What?»

 «WHAT ARE THESE THINGS???» I literally screamed at him.

 «Ah, ne, don’t scream at me, you punk. You know, Kyumin and Hyoseok can’t stop looking at Ivy’s company these days. They haven’t said anything to me or Yeonnie, but I think that something interesting might be going on.»

 «Concerning Ivy..?»

 «No, no. They are just very happy every time we meet her. As we all are, but don’t ask me more. I don’t know, yet. As soon as I find out, I’ll tell you. Now, bye.»

 «Wait, hyung! How is she…?»

 Omo, I blush even asking about her.

 «She’s fine. I guess Hyoseok told you about the sprained ankle. But her face seems happy. We haven’t managed to talk to her much. She’s spending all of her time with her people. But she’s smiling to us every time she sees us.»

 «Ah, I see… OK, hyung. Have fun. Bye.»

  I hanged up.

 

  At least they are having a good time.

 

  And Ivy seems happy. It’s OK then.

 

 

 I’m just going for that damn coffee with Zia. And I’m taking Byeol with me.

 

 

 

 

  Ivy’s POV

 

 

 

 

 Oh, . My nose is runny. I didn’t escape from a slight cold.

 Last night it would have been a nightmare, if it hadn’t been Yong Guk’s appearance. Well, he first saw me in a really ridiculous situation, but- afterwards- he was very kind with me and he complimented many times.

~He’s cute.

  I hope I get to see him again.

 But, for now, our teachers prepared us to go to Everland. Everyone was screaming like crazy when they announced it to us. The truth is that I’ ve never been to that place, however many years I live here, so I’m curious to see it and ready to have fun.

 We are now getting on the bus and I have Fumi to sit next to me.

 «I want window!» she giggled and sat first.

 «I don’t mind, no worries.» I smiled and sat next to her.

  Rome just got in with T.K and they are heading for the back of the bus. I pretended that I didn’t see him.

 My runny nose is like this because of him. He has to (finally!) realise that I can be serious when I’m angry.

  «Thank God, they passed to go behind…» I murmured and Fumi looked at me, smiling.

 «So, you had a fight, indeed.»

 «Yes, but do not mention it to Hannah. For some reason, that girl wants us to constantly fight with Rome… I can’t tell why, but she really enjoys it.»

 «She might want him for herself. Have you ever thought of it?»

  I looked at her with disbelief, but deep inside I know she’s right.

 «Naah… Do you think so? She seems pretty excited with Ray…»

 «That doesn’t mean anything… I can easily imagine Hannah pretending…»

 «Yeah, maybe. But, you know, that’s another secret of mine. I don’t really care even if she does…» I moved my shoulders.

 «W- what?»

 Fumi was about to ask more, when Hyoseok and Kyumin entered the bus and headed to sit right in front of us. As soon as they sat, they turned their heads towards us and waved happily.

 «Good morning, princess! Good morning, unknown, pretty girl!» Kyumin said in a low voice, making us both smile.

 «Hiiii!» Hyoseok became all shy again.

 «Good morning guys!» I exclaimed with more happiness than I should.

 «Hi there!» Fumi waved happily, too.

 «So, Fumi, these are my very very veeeery good friends, Kyumin and Hyoseok. Hyoseok, Kyuminnie, this is my new friend, Fumino.»

 «You can call me Fumi.» she smiled, as she was shaking hands with them.

 «Are you Japanese?» Hyoseok widened his eyes with excitement.

 «Half- Japanese. I’ve heard that you, guys, are musicians…. Right?»

 «Oh, they are amazing musicians! Hyoseok is playing the drums and Kyumin is singing and rapping!»

 «Wow! That’s amazing! A drummer…» Fumi was saying, when Youngjun and Kwangyeon jumped in the bus, too.

  «Hey!!!» they waved towards our small company and sat at the seats across ours.

   Behind us, two idiots are seated, who usually spent their time playing video games, so- all of a sudden- I’m «safe». I’m surrounded by people whom I have no problem to show my real self. Daebak!

    I’m so happy to have Led Apple here. And Fumi slowly becomes a nice person I can trust.

  Oh, after a long time, I feel happy.

  I bowed forward, putting my head between the two seats of Hyoseok and Kyumin and smiled with silliness. The bus started moving and the other children are applauding with excitement.

   Thank God, Gae In has to stand Hannah in another bus.

   Kyumin and Hyoseok turned to look at me and smiled, too. I offered them my hand and Hyoseok held it, caressing it. It feels good to have good friends.

   «Your friend seems a nice person…» Hyoseok said shyly and Kyumin giggled.

  «She is… I told you I would introduce you to her some moment… Here she is now…»

 «She is… she is very pretty.» Hyoseok blushed, rubbing the back of his head with his hand.

 «Aww, cute Hyoseok!» I exclaimed in a low voice and he blushed even more.

 «Hyoseok, the great lover…» Kyumin chuckled and Hyoseok slightly punched him, causing us to laugh a lot.

   I felt a small patting on my shoulder and turned to see Kwangyeon and Youngjun looking at us.

 «You guys are not gonna tell us why are you laughing?» Kwangyeon pouted.

 «Don’t be curious!» I put my tongue out and then sent them a heart shape with my fingers. «Hyoseok is going to tell you afterwards…»

  I returned to Fumi, who seemed pretty confused.

 «Fumi… What’s up?» I asked, smiling.

 «You tell me what’s up! How’s that and you’re talking to these guys? I mean, I have never seen you in school, talking with them…»

  I puffed. I may say and do too many things in front of her that I shouldn’t. And now I’m almost obliged to explain everything.

… Should I?

  «I’ve met them under really weird circumstances and since then we have become good friends. They are very important to me, really. That’s all I can say for now.» I smiled and Fumi nodded.

  I can’t say more. I would reveal Hanbyul’s secret, too, then. And I can’t do that.

  «These guys (I pointed at Kwangyeon and Youngjun) are with Hyoseok and Kyumin, too. They play guitar, bass and piano. All of them together, formed a band named Led Apple and they are going to play the music at the graduation ball. They really deserve it.»

  «It’s amazing! Forming a band… They may be famous one day…» Fumi said with sincere admiration and her eyes, unconsciously maybe, turned to Hyoseok’s head.

 «Oh, yes, I’m sure they will. They know what music means and they make you understand it, too.»

 «They are really cool… I wonder how they are not in the league of famous students, yet…»

  «That’s a good question… And you just gave me a good idea of what I should give them as a gift for their success for the graduation ball…» I smirked.

   I wonder how I didn’t think of it earlier… It’ll be much easier to hang out with them in this way and they will be happier, too. And I can do it.

 

 

 

 

 Youngjun’s POV

 

 

 

 

  OK, Everland is DAEBAK! We’ve ridden every single roller coaster that exists in here. We can still hear the screams of our classmates that are riding some of the games now. Our teachers run here and there nervously, to check if everyone is alright. It’s funny, but I’m sure that they are already regretting it for bringing us here.

 Kwangyeon has found Hye Mi and now is playing some games to win stuffed animals for her. I can see them being all lovey- dovey.

  As for Kyumin, Hyoseok and me, we’re buying candies to treat our hunger. We’re not eating normally before  we’re back again at the camp.

   «Pfff, I wish Ivy, Fumi and Gae In were with us… It’s boring, just the three of us.» Kyumin murmured and threw a big pink candy in his mouth.

 «Ne… I want to get to know that girl more… She’s… she seems different.» Hyoseok blushed.

 Omo, I should have known earlier… He liked her from the very first moment he saw her.

  «So, you like her?» I asked, pretending that I’m not interested.

 «Ehm… eh, I think I do.» he blushed again.

  «That’s nice…» I moved my shoulders, while Kyumin was giggling.

 «Don’t laugh, you babo!» Hyoseok whined. «Don’t act like this, because you like Zia noona, too!»

 «Mueos?» I and Kyumin said at the same time.

«Yeah, don’t deny it now. It’s obvious you do!» Hyoseok moved his finger, holding a candy with the rest of them.

 «I… I don’t! Who told you that?»

 «He’s right that it is obvious…» I said, frowning.

 «No, I don’t, I swear!»

 «Don’t swear, you idiot. Don’t swear, because you’re lying!» I yelled, chewing a candy.

 «Hey, hey. Why are you shouting guys?»

  We turned to see Ivy with Fumi and Gae In.

  «Oh, nothing. Stupid things, among us.» Hyoseok blushed and hurried to look at us warningly.

  OK, dude, we got it.

  «We just rode that roller coaster. It was thrilling!» Gae In clapped her hands.

 «Ne, amazing!» Fumi moved her head, when her phone rang, a song of X-Japan playing. «Oh,  a message received!» she smiled.

  «T-that was X-Japan…?» Hyoseok widened his eyes.

  «Yes… I’m a big fan…» Fumi smiled.

 «Me too!!!» Hyoseok exclaimed and jumped next to her.

 «What a coincidence…» I put my tongue out and Ivy giggled.

  «You guys are funny…» she said and looked at Kyumin, who started talking with Gae In.

  «We’ll go to buy candies for Fumi, too.» Hyoseok said and walked with Fumino.

  «I’ll buy for Gae In some, too.» Kyumin said and pulled Gae In from her hand.

 Ivy smiled and looked at me.

 «Do you want me to buy some candies for you, too?» I smirked.

 «Aniyo, you great leader. The truth is that I don’t feel very well.» she held her forehead.

  She made a step back and was about to fall, but I grabbed her arm and supported her back.

 «Hey, hey, are you OK? Maybe all these rides are no good for your body. If you haven’t done it again. You better sit, now, huh?»

  I helped her sit and she moved her head.

 «No, it’s not that. I must have a fever…» she murmured and closed her eyes.

 «Really? Why?» I touched her forehead. «You’re warm indeed.»

 «I had an accident last night…» she blushed.

 «Accident? What accident?»

 « I had a fight with Rome and I didn’t stay in the ball room. So, I had the nice idea to sit in one of these boats in the lake. I stayed there for I don’t know how long and then someone appeared from the darkness, I got scared, I was about to get out of the boat, but my sprained ankle hurt me a lot and- splash- I found myself in the water, which wasn’t very warm.»

  Omo, that’s bad luck…

 «Oh my God, are you OK? You stayed with the wet clothes for a long time?»

 «Not that much, but it was enough to catch a cold, as it proved.» she whined, blowing her nose with a tissue I gave her.

  «Poor one.» I smiled and patted her head. «You shouldn’t have come here. You should have stayed in bed.»

 «No, it wasn’t that bad in the morning. Really…» she pouted and rest her head on my shoulder.

  She’s cute… I have to admit that she’s cute.

  «Is there any problem that we’re hanging out together now?» I asked with a straight face.

 «I don’t care. Why should I feel weird with hanging out with people that make feel nice…?»

 «You wouldn’t say the same thing if Hanbyul was next to you…»

 OK, I didn’t manage to hold that in.

  She looked at me with really sad eyes. , why the hell am I talking?!

  «Hanbyul isn’t the same…» she murmured, her eyes a little red.

 That’s it, I made her sad. Hanbyul would have struggled me for sure.

  He might not be very brave generally, he might be a complete nerd, but when it comes for Ivy he becomes different.

  «Yeah, yeah, I know. Sorry for this…» I rubbed the back of my head.

   Hanbyul is a nerd, completely different from Ivy’s world. We, as musicians, are something different from a nerd that is being teased by the whole school, even by younger students. Now, that we are performing for the graduation ball, things will be even easier for us. If Hanbyul could understand this he would be the happiest person in our school, along with us. If he could only understand that his future is Led Apple…

  «Don’t be sorry. It’s OK, Youngjunnie.» she smiled and it was her turn to pat my head.

 «Why you stopped coming for lessons, Ivy?» I asked her, with the cutest face I could take. (I’m not good in aekiyo~ >.<)

 «My program is now different… Eh, the practicing with the Dance club is tougher now…»

  Yeah, sure.

  «C’mon, only because of this? I thought you were really keen on winning that competition…» I put my tongue out.

 «Eh, ne… But I don’t like being constantly busy and have no time to take care of myself. You know that I like being pretty. And- anyway- Hanbyul wasn’t free, too. Every day I was telling him that I can’t make it, he was telling me exactly the same.» she blushed.

  I knew she would tell me that. And I know she’s not lying. I can’t say for sure why Hanbyul took this decision, but he was exhausted, anyway. But to cut down the lessons with Ivy? He could have cut down that stupid studying. That damn thing. But he never measures things right.

  «Yeah… The truth is that he’s being more and more nervous with the upcoming exams. You know he has a high target. He’s focusing on it.»

 «He’d better do so. This punk has to make us all proud. It’s his dream after all…» she smiled a little sadly.

 «His dream…? Ah, yeah.»

 I was about to become an idiot again. Thank you Lord for keeping my mouth shut.

 «Is he… is he OK?» she looked around us, as if she wasn’t very interested.

 «Well, I think he is. Even though I think he’s missing you, sometimes.» I said slowly.

 (I’m working for you, Byuli…~ .~)

 She looked at me and her eyes were smiley.

 «Really? I kind of…»

  «Ne?»

   She closed and took a deep breath.

  «… I hope that he is concentrated enough. You’re not bothering him all the time, right?» she moved her finger, taking a face that is supposed to be strict, but it was still cute.

 «We? Why on earth we would do that??» I lifted my hands and started laughing, Ivy joining me, but giving a slight slap on the cheek at the same time.

«Be careful, because I’ll start coming again to watch you, guys…» she said, still laughing.

 «That would be great. Why do you say it as a threat?» I held her wrists and took a serious expression.

  She seemed confused with my reaction.

 «Because, when Hanbyul gets downstairs he may find you all tied up, so as you’re leaving him alone!» she put her tongue out, but I kept the serious expression.

 «Nah- ah, that’s not the answer that crossed your mind first…»

  She gently pulled her hands form mine and puffed.

 «Does that really matter, Youngjun? Can we talk for something else, please?» she looked again at somewhere else, her voice being sad again.

 «OK, OK. Don’t get sad please.» I patted her head and offered her a hug.

  If Hanbyul was here, he would have struggled me for sure. Kekeke~

  But I don’t care. Ivy is a good friend. And I have these friendly feelings over here really strongly. She’s like a cute sister that I want to take care of, even though she doesn’t really need it. I have a younger sister and it’s not difficult to have such feelings over a girl.

 Ivy- still in my hug- lifted her head and smiled.

 «You’re a good friend, Youngjunnie. Chinjaaa.»

 «Thanks, Ivy. Don’t mention that hugging session ever to Hanbyul.» I put my tongue out. (As if you’re talking now guys… :P)

 «Why?» she frowned.

 I’m enjoying this I-am-about-to-expose- Hanbyul chat. It’s really fun~ :P

 «Oh nothing, nothing. So, who appeared in the night, before you fell in the water??»

--

 

 

 

 

  We slept for many hours, after coming back from Everland. Even though, we spent most of my day with the sick Ivy and her friends, we had already run a lot around the whole place, so being tired was more than reasonable. Thankfully, the coaches of the camp decided to leave us alone and not start preaching us again about how we should exercise often and blah blah. As singers, we must look nice, but I’m not in the mood of doing anything more than the completely necessary, in contrast with Kwangyeon and Hyoseok, who spent many hours exercising their… «muscles». They’re still pretty skinny, however. :P Kyumin, I don’t think he cares much about that. As for Hanbyul, he’s exercising the muscles of his jaw, by eating all the time. Weirdly enough, though, he remains fit. He’s a lucky guy.

  But- as usually- he doesn’t use it for his benefit.

   I jumped from my bed and woke them up. Kwangyeon is the most difficult one (what a surprise!), but Kyumin and Hyoseok are usually handling him better than I do. They simply start jumping around him and shouting, so he ends up waking up and really angry.

  I laughed a little and then got dressed.

 «It’s already 8 p.m! How much did we sleep?» Kwangyeon exclaimed.

 «You’re not that one that should talk about this… Hmm?» Kyumin put his tongue out and Kwangyeon sent one back.

 «I’m going out for a sec. My brother called me…» Hyoseok said and got out of the dorm.

   It was interesting talking with Ivy about the lesson and Hanbyul issue. She didn’t say much, but she was sad every time I was saying his name. AND she told me not to bother him with his studying… Did he tell her anyting that hurt her? Nooo, Hanbyul would never do that. Something else is happening and- inside them- they have both decided it. But isn’t it suspicious that Ivy is getting so sad every time we’re talking about him? That she cares for his studying? Ugh, my imagination is running  too far, right? These things are impossible… I should never talk to Hanbyul about these ideas of mine.

  I must not give him hopes that are not real.

 

   Hyoseok got in the room with a huge smile on his lips.

  «Ivy is here! And she has an interesting suggestion for us.»

  «Tell her to come in, idiot.» Kyumin moved his hands quickly.

    A few seconds later, Ivy got in our dorm. She is dressed casually and she seems much better than this morning.

  «Hey… Are you any better?» I asked her.

  «Ne, oppa, no worries. I slept a lot, took a pill and now I’m fine!» she gave us all thumbs up. «Now, I have you a gift for your success in being the ones to perform during the graduation ball.»

 «Gift? What gift?» Kwangyeon and Kyumin got up from their beds clapping their hands.

 «Aww, don’t have too high expectations. I promise to buy you all something like a real gift. For now, I just want you to come and play some music for my company. We’re sitting around the fire and you and your music are invited to join us.» she smiled.

  «Your company? Who do you mean? Fumi and Gae In?» I asked.

 «No, not only. Rome, T.K, Siwoo, Kangjun, Maroo, Ray and Hannah are already there, too.» she said, as if it was the simplest thing on earth.

 «We? With you? With these persons… with us?» I murmured, raising an eyebrow.

 «Don’t wonder about it! I’m so proud of you and I want all of them to see how amazing guys you are. It’s time for them to realise that not only being strong and athlete is cool. Or the average idol guys. You are a band with instruments and nice voices and there’s nothing cooler than that. So, are you coming?» she pouted.

  Intoduce us to the world of «popular» students…? Ivy is the only one that can do it. And with the help of our music, which I infinitely trust and I’m proud of.

  I looked at the others and they smiled.

  I moved my head as if I’m asking them and they nodded quickly. They’re in. So, I’m in, too.

  But… what if they’re teasing us. What if they don’t like us…? We’re done in school. They may be teasing us during the graduation ball, too. Ugh, that’d be a nightmare.

  I grabbed my guitar with a little hesitance. Kwangyeon grabbed his guitar, too and Hyoseok got his drumsticks.

  «Are we ready?» I asked, my voice a little weird.

 «Ne!» they all said in chorus and Ivy looked at us with excitement.

 «Thank you, guys!!!» she clapped and jumped in our hugs.

 

      We walked for a while and found ourselves in a spot of the forest, which is a little open and the kids have lit up a small fire, baking corns. Here, the whole Ivy’s company is sitting around.

  Oh God, they turned to look at us. And they are looking really weirdly. Except Gae In and Fumino, of course.

  We stood as if we didn’t know what to do, but Ivy pulled my hand.

  «Well, guys. You wanted live music. I got you live music. And the very best one. Led Apple will play for us the coolest music. Here are Youngjun, Kwangyeon, Hyoseok and Kyumin. Do sit guys.» she sat next to Fumino and showed us the spot between her and Rome.

  We sat with even more hesitance there and took a look around this completely legendary company of our school. I don’t admire them. Any of them. But I didn’t ever expect to be sitting with them like this.

  They looked at us with judging eyes, but didn’t say anything.

  I cleaned my throat and started talking, looking at my guitar.

 «Anyeonghaseyo… We’re Led Apple. I’m the leader and guitarist, Youngjun, Kwangyeon is our bassist, Hyoseok is our drummer and Kyumin is our maknae, vocalist and rapper. So… are there any specific requests for us to play?»

  Oh God, my voice was shaking~ :P

  «Play Lunafly’s «Innocent and Young». Can you do it with an acoustic version?» that guy, called T.K, I think, said.

  «Yes… Why not? We’re fans of  Lunafly.» Kwangyeon tried to smile, but I noticed he gulped.

  We all looked at each other and I placed my hands on my guitar.  The same did Kwangyeon and Hyoseok found a thick piece of wood to hit with his drumsticks.

  «Let’s go…» I said and hit the first notes.

 

  (From misschoi: if you want, guys, you could listen now, to Lunafly’s "Innocent and Young". Just to get in the mood~:P)

  

  If Hanbyul was here… things would be much easier for us. He’s our voice and then comes Kyumin. But, we have to learn to survive without him. Because nobody knows what is happening in the future.

  It’s a beautiful, but cold night. This thing around the fire is the very best idea they could have. And the stars are shining so beautifully, far away from the city lights.

  I wonder if Hanbyul is feeling lonely. He didn’t sound very happy in this morning’s phone call. But I expected him to be. He must have a lot of time to revise his stuff and no one to bother him. Except for annoying Zia, of course. She… she is really- really annoying. And, now, that she can’t bother me, she’s bothering Hanbyul.

  Ugh, why am I thinking of her…?

  We played the last part of the song and finished gently.

  I looked at them with worrying eyes, but Ivy, Fumi and Gae In started applauding like crazy and slowly, the others joined them.

 THANK GOD!

  «Cool!» T.K exclaimed and got up to give us all five.

  «Ne, guys, that was amazing!» Kangjun agreed and the applause went on for a while.

  I think we have all blushed. :P

  «Are we innocent and young?» Maroo murmured, looking at the sky.

  «For the young part, we can be sure. For the innocent, I don’t really know.» Rome laughed and they all joined him.

  ~Ugh, what a line. Thankfully, Ivy didn’t laugh. She’s looking at us and seems extremely happy. Maybe happier than us.

  «So, what are we playing next?» Hyoseok asked. «I can rap, too, you know.» he smiled and they all clapped intensely.

  Mostly Fumino. They will be a nice couple one day.

 

 

 

 

  Ivy’s POV

 

 

 

  We returned to our dorms really late. Led Apple amused us with their music the whole time. And what is more surprising? The rest of teh company didn’t want them to leave! Not even Hannah or Rome!

  I was sure that their amazing talents would dominate everyone’s hearts. I mean, they’re indeed so cool guys. T.K expressed his wondering, how didn’t they had noticed them before. And the rest of them agreed. Even though, Rome didn’t omit to comment on the fact that I had told him in the past that I don’t know them that much. But I preferred not to tell him anything. We would fight again.

  That’s a huge success. Led Apple are slowly entering the league of popular students. It was about time, I have to say. They deserve it.

  I wish they liked it, too.

    Girls fell asleep pretty quickly. Fumi couldn’t stop talking about Hyoseok. Kekeke, that’s amazing!

  I think they will be a nice couple in the pretty near future. ^^

   My phone vibrated.

  Message from Youngjun.

 «Thank you for this, princess. It was really great. We all hug you for good night. =D»

  Aww, that’s cute. I didn’t do much. Instead, now I can hang out with them without any problem or fear at all. I was benefited too.

   I felt, however, really awkward when Youngjun was talking and asking about Hanbyul… Ugh, I was so sad and terrified. I can’t expose myself… I feel terrible.

 No, no, I’m not thinking of it now!

 Delete Hanbyul from your memory, Ivy, please! Delete now!

 Delete, otherwise…

  

  Something was heard like pebbles on our window.

 

  Omo, that’s scary.

 

  Someone must be outside.

  Should I wake up the others?

   Here, it was heard again!

   I jumped from my bed and headed for the window. A guy with a hood is standing outside our door.

  For a moment I panicked, but then thought of something and headed for the door. I fixed my hair and took a deep breath.

  On the opened door there was Yong Guk standing.

  It is slightly raining, so he’s wearing a hood.

  My inner fangirl os screaming inside me.

  «Yong Guk oppa? What’s happening?» I whispered, closing the door behind me.

 «Hi there. I just… I’m leaving tomorrow morning. Very early. So, I didn’t want to leave without saying bye.»

  I must have blushed again.

 

  Omo~ ToT

 

  «Oh, I see. It was very nice to meet you… And…and thank you for saving me back then.» I smiled.

 He patted my head.

  «Don’t think that you’ll run away easily from me. Write your phone number here.» he gave me his mobile and I pushed the buttons with shaky hands.

  «T-that’s it.» I murmured.

 «OK, then. Wait for my call…» he winked and I gulped.

 «I… Really?» I mumbled, looking at him with my eyes wide open.

 «Yes, of course. One day, we two are dancing together.» he winked again and patting my head again, he disappeared in the darkness.

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hi guys! Another tiring episode for authornim... I'm sorry, if it came out boring, I really tried not to be. Anyway, I vow for better things to come. Thank you for your support and your non- stop subscriptions! Your comments and ideas are always welcomed! Take care 'til next time! ^^ <3