The only one

"Byeol" means star

   Ivy’s POV

 

 

 

 

 I got in the practicing room, panting hardly.

 Yong Guk looked at me, at first weirdly, but then smiled.

 Causing that intense blush on my cheeks again.

 «An… Anyeong!» I gasped, between my efforts to breathe normally.

 «Anyeong there! Why were you running?» he put his tongue out, approaching me slowly.

 «I was afraid that I might be late for our practice…» I kept on panting, quite funnily I guess, after seeing Yong Guk widening his smile as he was looking at me.

«Nah, you didn’t need to worry, Ivy! First of all, you weren’t late at all and- second-  if you were, I wouldn’t get mad or something. We are all people; any kind of delay is expected and reasonable.» he rubbed my head, making my hair messy.

  I smiled, feeling grateful and took off my shoes.

 I looked around the place that would probably be my new every day environment.  That’s definitely paradise.

  The dance trainer of BAP had watched me doing their choreography, the last time that I was here. Secretely. Yong Guk hadn’t told me. And all of a sudden, the trainer appeared and told me that they wanted me for a future back dancer in their company.

  You just can’t imagine where my jaw reached, when it dropped after hearing this. I just couldn’t believe it.

  My golden chance right in front of me. I couldn’t say no, of course. And- as it proved- it was the best revenge for all these s at school and in my life.

 Yong Guk turned at me, as he was stretching.

 «Your parents agreed, didn’t they?» he asked.

 «They did, but in a few months, their opinion wouldn’t matter at all. But, anyway, at the same time, I can study, too.» I smiled.

 «Ne… That’s right. And what about your school? And all these crazy teenagers that were teasing you? Did you tell them?»

«Ooooh, you just had to see their faces! Especially when they heard the words «BAP» and «TS Entertainment»… It was as if their whole Universe collapsed!» I covered my mouth, trying not to burst in laughs.

«Did you tell them the truth in general?»

 «Yes, everything. And in a very clear and determined way. No one could say a single thing afterwards.» I grinned and he grinned back at me.

 «And how did they react with you, leaving school and almost never seeing them again?» he raised an eyebrow.

 

 My smile slowly faded and I bowed my head.

 «I didn’t… talk with any of them again. Many tried to call me… But I didn’t answer. I’m not ready to talk with them. I’m still very mad. Even though Fumino and Gae In didn’t do any harm at all… Instead, especially Fumi supported me during that freaking day of panic. But with Rome, T.K and the rest of the gang, I’m still very mad and disappointed. I shouldn’t expect something better by them, anyway.»

 

 Yong Guk smirked weirdly.

 «You are talking about everyone else, except that guy… Was he Hanbyul, right? Don’t tell me that he didn’t call you…?» he asked, raising his eyebrow again.

  I blushed and rubbed my head, sliding down the wall. I sighed and brought my legs closer to me, embracing them.

 

  

 Hanbyul…

 

«He called me once… And his friends called me… But I didn’t answer either. I told you, I’m not ready to hear anything right now…»

  He sat next to me and narrowed me with his eyes, still smirking.

 

 «You have realised that this guy likes you, haven’t you?» he asked with this particular look on his eyes.

 

 I blushed again and looked away. Not a good topic to talk about.

 «Hey, c’mon! You’re a smart, pretty girl. I ‘m sure you get it when a guy likes you, huh? Because from your narrations, it’s more than obvious that this guy likes you a lot. I even got it.» he slightly tickled me with his elbow.

 «Why does that really matter?» I asked slowly.

 «I don’t know. I guess, I just expected a stronger reaction by an in love guy, who’s about to lose his girl.»

 «Yong Guk- sshi! Stop that, please. I don’t like this conversation.» I rubbed my head again and looked at the window, in front of me.

«I really wonder why it bothers you…» he played with one of my curls.

«We don’t know if he really likes me. These are just your assumptions. And, anyway! I don’t like this topic!» I said, a little louder.

 «OK, then, we will stop talking about that.» Yong Guk moved his hands and got up, pulling me, too.

 

 

   I don’t really know why I got mad. I really don’t.

 

  Maybe because I’m generally sensitive these days.

 

  And Hanbyul is always a sensitive issue for me.

  (Yes, it’s Christina’s fault!!! X.x)

 

 

 

 

 

 Youngjun’s POV

 

 

  

 

  I drank a little of my coffee slowly, looking outside the window. I’ve been drinking a lot of hot stuff lately, to calm my nerves down. But it doesn’t really work.

  It’s as if everything is against our mental calmness.

 

 

 «Kaseum apeuke… Kaseum apeuke… Baraboji anhasseuri… Galmaegido nae maumgati mogmeeo undaaa…»

 (Makes my heart hurt… Makes my heart hurt… I won’t look at it anymore… Even the seagull is losing its voice in tears along with my heart…)

   

 

  That’s Hanbyul. He has been in the recording room for like the whole afternoon and evening. Singing that particular song over and over again. He’s actually rocking it. I mean, he is singing it greatly every time. Shaking up for good the high notes. Even with a closed door, I can clearly hear him.

 

 Thank God Chusang isn’t here. He would certainly think that Hanbyul has gone crazy.

  But he hasn’t. He’s simply letting out his sadness. And he’s doing it in the only way he can really express himself. By singing.

 

 It was too much for him to listen to Ivy saying that she’s actually going to leave school and the lessons with him. Especially after the latest incidents, that probably means that we will never see her again.  She’s sick and tired with everyone that has do with school. Not with us, of course. But I guess, it won’t be that difficult and painful for her to delete us, too. She only knows us well for a year now.

 

  We all realised this stuff. Hanbyul, too.

 

  That’s why he hurts so much.

 

  Kyumin, Kwangyeon and Hyoseok are out, looking for various eatable things that are more likely to make Hanbyul happy than anything else. He’s a big eater, we all know~ :P

 

  I’m not extremely sad. I just can feel Hanbyul’s pain.

 

 

  Ugh.

 

  I sighed. Loudly.

 

  A slight knock on the door make me turn. It’s Zia. All smiley and cheerful, as usually. I have no mood for this right now.

  But I think my look was more than disheartening, because her smile slowly froze.

 

  Only me and her. That’s no good.

 

  Of course, I don’t count Hanbyul. He’s in his own world right now.

  «Anyeonghaseyo, Zia noona.» I moved my hand with the coffee cup in it.

 «Anyeonghaseyo… Where’s everybody else?» she looked around.

 «Out. Except me and Hanbyul.» I pointed at the recording room with boredom.

 «Omo… Why is he singing like this?» she widened her eyes and tried to open the door at the recording room.

 I got up immediately and pulled her hand from the knob.

 «You better leave him alone. He isn’t very well.»

 «What is going on here? I’m here to practice and you tell me that the only person that is here and I can practice with, CAN NOT actually practice??» she raised her voice, causing me to look angrily.

 «Yes, that’s what I’m telling you!» I raised my tone, too and tightened my grip around her wrist.

«But we don’t have much time to waste! We have to practice!» she pulled her hand from mine.

«We ARE practicing, so stop panicking for no reason!» I yelled. «When we don’t feel well, you’re not the one to tell us what to do!»

  

  I felt my nerves getting tensed.

 

  «Don’t act like I am the heartless one.» she said bitterly and turned again to the door of the recording room.

 «I said he’s not OK! Leave him alone!» I grabbed her arm and pulled her abruptly.

 «In our work, «I’m not OK» doesn’t exist! Don’t be such an amateur!» she tried to push me.

 

 «SHUT UP!»  I shouted.

 

 

  Then… You won’t believe it.

 

 

  She lifted her hand and slapped me.

 

 

  She slapped me.

 

  

  Man, I’m furious.

 

 

  My feelings are boiling in me right now~

 

  My vision even became blur because of my anger. 

 

  What to do?

  

  The truth is that I started a movement to slap her back. But I’m not the type of guy that would slap a girl for any reason. My hand landed on her cheek… gently. Before I could realise it, I… I kissed her.

 

  I even closed my eyes.

 

 

  OMO~ What on earth did I do?

 

  I half- opened my eyes and realised that Zia had her eyes closed, too.

 

 

  What are we doing? >.<

 

 

  She suddenly pushed me and looked at me with wet eyes.

 

  I feel… I feel something that I can’t actually explain.

 «I- I- I… I’m sorry!» I mumbled and rubbed my head.

 «I… I’ll be going… I’ll come another day.» she mumbled, too and stepped backwards, still looking at me.

  Bumping against the door with her back, she let out a startled gasp and got out of the room quickly.

 

 

  WHAT THE HELL DID I DO?

 

 

  WHY DID I KISS ZIA??

 

   

  I rushed in the recording room, not knowing what else to do.

   Hanbyul is sitting on the floor, terribly sweated, breathing heavily.

  He has screwed his throat today.

  

 I literally rushed and sat next to him, hugging my legs. I joined him in the heavy breathing session.

 

  Yes, I’ve panicked.

 

  My eyes widened, I touched my lips with extremely shaking hands.

 

 

  That… That was my first kiss.

 

 «What’s wrong with you?» he asked me, his hands a little shaky.

«I… I did something stupid…» I whispered, without looking at him.

«Mwo?» he asked, his voice pretty husky.

«Zia noona was here… She wanted to practice, while I was telling her that we are not in the mood to practice… We fought…»

  Hanbyul, here, rolled his eyes and slapped his forehead.

  «What a surprise… You guys always figh..»

 «WAIT! LET ME FINISH!» I yelled and he looked at me with a startled look, closing his mouth with his hand. «She called me an amateur and I…got furious and told her to shut it up and she slapped me and I… I…» I widened my eyes, remembering the moment for one more time.

 

 Hanbyul lifted his head and looked at me, nodding slowly.

 «Did you… did you slap her back?»

 «No… I’d never touch a girl to hit her… I…»

 

  I turned to look at him, with my probably most panicked look ever.

 «Hanbyul… I kissed her.» I closed my eyes.

 «Mwo?!» Hanbyul gasped, a giggle hiding under that surprised tone.

 «YES, I DID! I DON’T KNOW WHY BUT I DID!» I yelled, with a whiny voice.

 «Good job, dude… When women slap you, you kiss them! That’s a really special ability!» he put his tongue out, causing me to slap his head hardly.

«It’s not funny! Don’t you get what I did?» I yelled again.

«Of course I do. But I think we should mainly search the «why» that is hiding behind that reaction of yours.»

«That’s what I’m wondering about, too.» I puffed, covering my face with my hands.

«Well… What about the most obvious answer? Maybe you… you like her?» he half- closed his eyes.

 

 I growled and got up.

«What are you talking about? I DON’T like her! Of course I don’t! We always fight and I kind of hate her!» I started walking around the room, making circles.

«Don’t be stupid. You’re talking to me! We’re best friends, you have to admit the truth.» he smiled weakly and whipped the sweat from his forehead.

 

 I bit my bottom lip and scratched my head, not looking at my friend.

 

 Could it be that he’s right?

 

  I… I like Zia?

 

 I returned next to him, sliding slowly down, against the wall.

 «Well… the truth is that I… I closed my eyes.» I blushed and slapped myself for one more time.

 «See?»

 «Yeah… Ugh, I don’t know!»

 «What did she do?»

 «Well, she obviously panicked and left, syaing that she will come back another day… But, you know, she… she closed her eyes, too. I saw her! Yes, she did!» I moved my hands intensely.

«That’s interesting…» Hanbyul smirked, patting my head.

«Naaah, cut that off! I don’t want to talk about it!» I pushed his hand away.

 

 

 I noticed his mobile turned to face the floor, away from him.

 

 

 I have to change topic to save myself.

 

  I need to give myself some time to realise what is happening in my head and… And obviously in my heart.

 

«Yah, you, what’s with your mobile over there? You don’t expect a call from Ivy? Or you calling her?» I pointed, my hand still shaky, though.

 «That’s something that I don’t want to talk about right now.» he frowned.

«When you feel hurt, you have to talk, not simply scream in a recording room for 2 hours now!» I rolled my eyes.

«I’m not calling Ivy to criticise her choices or make her change her mind. It’s her life and- since I love her- I have to let her do as she wishes…» he bowed his head, his voice obviously sad.

«She doesn’t know your feelings, though.» I tried to clean my throat.

 (Yes, the theme swap was successful! Thank you God! ^0^)

«My feelings don’t matter!» he yelled and I realised that what is running on his cheeks isn’t sweat anymore.

«Byeol… Stop being so… stubborn. If indeed you never see her again… Do you want her to not know anything about your feelings? About how much you care about her?»

«What if I do? Nothing will change. I’ll be hurt either way.» he whipped some tears from his cheeks.

«Yes, but… But, whatever she does in her life… If I were in her place, I’d like to know such a thing. It’s always a cheerful thing to know that someone likes you.» I moved my hands. «Since you care so much for her feelings and not for yours, you should think of it like this. Make her confident by confessing.»

 

  He looked at me with the corner of his eyes.

  He then moved his shoulders.

 «I… I can’t confess. I don’t look OK to confess.»

 «Change something on you! Something that will surprise her. Something to make her believe that you have the guts to do stuff.»

 

 

  «Guys? Guys, where are you??» we heard Kwangyeon’s voice.

  I saw Hyoseok’s face on the recording room’s door and he turned to the others.

 «They’re here!» he yelled and they all got in the recording room, sitting on the floor, facing us.

 «Here are your dumplings…» Kyumin offered Hanbyul a paper bag. «I was saying, Hyoseok, if you liked the new color on G- Dragon’s hair… It must be the 100th time he’s dying it…»

 «No dumplings for me?» I whined.

  Hanbyul snapped his fingers.

 «That’s it! I’ll dye my hair! Isn’t that a good change?» he clapped his hands intensely.

 

 My inner self rolled his eyes.  ~Wow Hanbyul…

 

 However, the real, outside Youngjun moved head and shoulders.

 

 Let’s let him believe that he is doing something amazing.

«Dye your hair?» Kwangyeon asked, chewing quickly, a dumpling he received in the mouth from Hanbyul.

 «I want dumplings!» I whined again.

 «Here, kisser…» Hanbyul gave me one.

 «Kisser?» they all gasped.

 «OH SHUT UP!» I shouted and threw the half dumpling on his head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Ivy’s POV

 

 

  

 

 

  I smiled at my reflection with sincere happiness, after a looooong time.

 

  We’re fine, Ivy, aren’t we?

 

  That’s a success. To be relieved from anything and anyone that were pulling me in a situation that I hated. I’m free and fabulous! Yeah!

 

  I checked my mobile, before leaving for school. A cute «Good morning» from Yong Guk.

 «Is Rome passing by to get you to school?» I heard Nicko’s voice from behind me.

 «Are you crazy? After all these things that happened… No way!» I looked at him as if he is crazy.

«OK, OK, I get it. Anyway, sis. Gae In and another- ehem, well quite pretty girl, are downstairs. Probably waiting for you.»

«Well… OK, I’ll see them. Thank you for telling me, Nick.» I smiled and my brother smiled back.

 

  I got downstairs slowly.  And saw Gae In with Fumino waiting in front of the door.

  They heard my footsteps and turned.

  I saw… I saw concern in their eyes.

  «YAH! YOU! Why weren’t you answering your phone?» Gae In screamed and, before I could realise it, she was hanging from my neck, hugging me tightly.

«We were worried, Ivy…» Fumi smiled and came closer to hug me, too.

 

 OK, I have to admit that I feel too touched to say anything.

 «Onnie! Won’t you say anything?» Gae In shook me from my shoulders.

«I’m… I’m glad you’re here…» I smiled and hugged them back both.

 «Let’s start walking to school. Otherwise we will be late. We can talk while walking.» Fumi said, with her amazingly calm voice and pulled my hand.

  We got out of my house and I took a moment to smell the fresh air and feel the sun on my back.

 

  Yeah… I feel better than ever.

  The girls crossed their arms with mine and we started walking like this.

 

  This day is getting better and better.

 

 «How are you, Ivy?» Fumi asked.

«Better than ever, literally. After a long turbulence, though.» I smiled.

 «Is that real with the BAP?» Gae In widened her eyes.

 «Yes, it is… The mystery DJ in the party… that day in the camp, was Bang Yong Guk. I had an accident and he -completely randomly- helped me then. That’s how we met.»

 «Bang Yong Guk??? OMO, that’s huge, Ivy!» she gasped, causing laughter with her funny reactions.

 «Yeah, I know. I still can’t believe it that Bang Yong Guk is sending me a text every morning and that I see him almost every evening, while previously I hadn’t even seen him in a concert…» I moved my head slowly.

 «Sending you texts, hiring you… Maybe he isn’t interested only in your dance skills…» Fumi said, without looking at me.

   I haven’t thought of it. Even though he is complementing me a lot.

 «Naaah, I don’t think so. And- anyway- why me?» I pretended laughing again.

 «Because you’re you. You’re Ivy, the pretty, smart and talented girl. That’s why maybe?» Fumi gasped.

«I don’t know, girls. And even if he does… What?» I moved my shoulders.

«Don’t tell me that you don’t like him!» Gae In rolled her eyes.

 «I do. I never said that I don’t. But that doesn’t mean anything.»

 «We had decided not talking to you about the past events. But, still, I want to ask you… What is happening with the rest of the company after you announced your decisions…?» Fumi raised an eyebrow.

 «Nothing… Mainly Rome and T.K tried to call me… However, I didn’t answer to anyone, not even to you, girls. I wanted my time. Even after the considered to be amazing announcements. I mean, the good news… And I don’t care much what Rome says and thinks.» I added, not looking at any of the girls.

«But he kind of misses you and…» Gae In was about to say.

«NO! No… I don’t want to talk about this thing at all. Let’s say something else please…» I closed my eyes, feeling tired even with only thinking of my stupid boyfriend.

«OK, OK don’t get upset… What about Yong Guk’s fellow members? Have you met them?» Gae In successfully changed topic.

«Not yet, unfortunately. You know I’m a big Zelo fan, so I’m waiting for this with excitement!» I clapped my hands happily.

 «Yeah… Any info about when it is happening?» Fumi winked.

 «Not exactly… I’m practicing mainly with Yong Guk, because the others were up to now with their families. Tomorrow… Yes, I think it is tomorrow, they’re coming back. So, yeap, I might meet them tomorrow.» I smiled.

«That’s daebak!» they both exclaimed, making me widen my smile.

 

 

 

 

  We entered our school and I felt even more powerful than before. Now, with my only true friends by my side, I feel even stronger.

  The kids around me don’t dare to look at me teasingly even more… No they don’t dare to do so, now. I’m the princess again.

 «So, when… when you are stopping from here?» Gae In bit her lip.

 «I don’t know. It might be even next week.» I tilted my head, trying to say it as emotionlessly as I could.

 «Oh… I see…» Gae In rubbed her head.

  We moved without talking, when I saw T.K at the end of the hall. I made my steps quicker to pass next to him, but he grabbed my arm tightly.

  «Ivy, I want to talk to you.» he said quietly.

  «Sorry, I don’t have the time. I have to go in class.» I tried to free myself, but he held me more firmly.

 «Please, don’t leave our school. These are the last weeks we will spend all together, as we did the past three and more years…» he whispered in my ear.

 I felt a little sad, hearing that from T.K… But I can’t do that now.

 «Let me go now, Minwoo. We might talk about that some other moment…» I said calmly and he let go of my arm.

 I started walking quickly, to join Gae In and Fumi.

 «But what if there won’t be any other moments??» he yelled, but I pretended that I didn’t hear this.

   I said «bye» to the girls and hurried in my classroom to hide myself from another potential T.K. I can’t stand feeling sad because of them.

  

  I got in, without meeting anyone again, and breathed happily. I’m saved! ^^

 

  Heading for my chair, I left my bag next to my desk and was about to sit, when I noticed the kid in front of me.

 

 A guy with light brown hair is sitting in Hanbyul’s place. Hey, who’s that dude?

 I patted his shoulder.

 «Hey, you… This is my friend’s seat…» I was saying, when the guy actually turned to look at me.

 

  OMG, that’s Hanbyul! Same hairstyle, same face, glasses and clothes, but different color?

 «Ivy… you didn’t recognise me?» he blushed.

 

  Awww~ So cute… ToT

  This color is brightening his face. And makes his eyes look prettier. Even prettier.

«Omo, Hanbyul… No, I didn’t! New hair color? It suits you a lot!» I rubbed his head and started playing with some tufts.

 «R- really?» he mumbled, blushing even more.

«Yes!» I pinched his cheek, feeling his cuteness taking over me.

«Thanks…» he caressed my hand that was playing with his hair gently.

 

  OOOOK, that gave me goose bumps~ ToT

 

 «Ivy… I want to tell you something…» he started saying.

«Oh, yeah? What?» I smiled.

«It’s very important for me to say this to you… Really…» he started playing with his fingers.

 

 Important…?

«Go on, don’t be afraid!» I patted his head and bent in front of him, widening my smile.

 

  Kekeke, I think he gulped.

 «Ivy… I… I actually…»

 

  I felt my arm being grabbed again.

 

  OK, what’s wrong with my arms today?!

 

  I turned to face Rome.

 

   Ta- dah. Here we go.

 

 I should have expected this earlier.

 I looked at his hand holding my arm and frowned.

 «Is it a custom of yours and your friends’ to grab people’s arms like this?» I asked, raising an eyebrow.

«Ivy… Cut the jokes off, now, please. I’m here to talk to you…» he dropped his head.

«Why everyone wants to talk with me today??» I rolled my eyes.

 «Stop, please! Listen to me…»

 «We have nothing to say. Some things have to cool off first, so as we can talk about them…» I managed to free my arm.

«But I don’t know when you’re leaving school. And of course you’re not telling me.»

«Don’t act like you don’t know where I live.»

«I do know, but I don’t know what is happening between us two, Ivy.»

 

  I… I haven’t thought of that either.

 «Why do you even care?» I puffed with irony.

 «I do care for you! I always did. It was just a big shock to see these photos and stuff. You can’t understand this?» he said, his tone becoming pleading.

«I can. I’m just not ready to talk about these things right now, OK? Even when I stop coming here, I’ll give us the chance to talk, really.» I moved my hands to assure him.

 

 He suddenly hugged me. Really tightly.

 «Please don’t stop coming here. I… I love you.» he whispered.

 

 OMG

 

 OMG

 

 OMG

 

 OK, that was shocking! Rome telling me he loves me??

 

«Some things have to be said in the right time. I don’t think that this is the right time anymore. And please, don’t use such emotional reasons to convince me not to stop school. It’s not fair to do that. Let me make my choices…» I said calmly and slowly pushed him away from me. «And, anyway, Hanbyul was about to tell me something here! You shouldn’t interrupt.» I moved my finger, gently touching his nose, as if scolding him.

 

 I looked at Hanbyul, who seemed pale.

 

  He wasn’t pale before… What happened?

 

 

 Rome looked at him, too. His eyes were sadder than ever.

 

 I’ve never seen him weak like this.

 

 I feel kind of bad for being the one to cause that to him.  :/

 

 Without saying any other word, he turned and left.

 «Ugh, thank God he’s gone!» I blew my bangs cutely. «What was the important thing you wanted to tell me, Hanbyul?» I smiled.

   He didn’t look at me. He’s looking at the floor. His hands are a little shaky I think.

 

  Poor one… Was he afraid of what Rome would do?

 «It was nothing, Ivy… Really, nothing.» he said slowly, resting his head on his desk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Hanbyul’s POV

 

 

 

 

 I’m a loser. I’m a coward. I’m a zero. I’m everything else, but not a man.

 

 

 I didn’t… I didn’t manage to tell Ivy about my feelings.

 

 It’s not that I wouldn’t do this. I had decided to do it, after talking about it over and over again with my friends.

 

 

 

 But when I heard what Ivy was saying to Rome… Don’t use emotional reasons to convince me… I realised that I shouldn’t say anything to Ivy.

   I just had to stick to my opinion all the time and not get influenced by Youngjun. I have to do what will make her happy. I shouldn’t even bother her by telling her again about the competition…

 

 It’s over. It’s just so over.

 

 

 My heart hurts. A lot.

 

 That’s why my tears flow that easily down on my cheeks.

 

 

 I’m 99% sure that Ivy will delete everyone from her painful past.

 And I’m in it. So, that’s why I’m sure that I’ll never see her again.

 

 

 ~ My notes became blur because of my tears.

 

 I shouldn’t cry while I’m studying.

 

 Thank God, I’m locked in my room and no one has bothered me up to now. I’m glad that my friends respect my pain. Even though they protested about me not confessing.

 

 But I wouldn’t do it… No, no… I wouldn’t, after Ivy’s words.

 

  Half an hour passed like this.

  My studying has been ted with all these things going on… :(

 

 

 Someone slightly knocked on the door.

 

 «Ne?» I said, my voice barely distinguished.

 Kwangyeon got in and after passing me my mobile, hugged me.

«Fighting, Byuli hyung… Don’t cry please…»

 I patted his shoulder and tried to smile.

«What is that for?» I moved the mobile.

 «It has rang uncountable times.»

  I checked it. Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, dad, mom, dad, dad, mom.

 

  OK, I don’t know if something is wrong. If they’re calling again, I’ll answer. But now.. I can’t talk.

 «Thank you, Yeonnie. It was mom and dad, don’t worry.» I smiled and rubbed his head.

 

 --

 

 

 

 

 This day at school was a nightmare.  I’m glad it’s over.

 

 I could hear Ivy talking during all the breaks with Gae In and Fumino about the environment in TS Entertainment…

 

 That’s what I call a torment.

 Personal torment.

 

 

 But she seemed happy.

 I should be OK.

 

 I got out of school, without waiting on the corner for Led Apple. They will stay longer at school to practice for the upcomin ball.

 

 And- yes- I’m a little jealous.

 

 

  

 Rome… Is that Rome really?

 I’ve lived that before… Back then, when he was about to punch me for doing something with his girlfriend… It’s the time to get beaten by him, isn’t it? I was running away all this time…

 

  I closed my eyes and kept walking. I hope it won’t be very painful.

 

 «Yah, you. The nerd, again.» I heard his voice and froze.

 «Mwo?» I turned slowly to face him.

  Rome isn’t angry, though.

  He seems extremely sad.

 «Don’t be afraid that I’ll hit you. I won’t, even though I really wanted too. I won’t because she wouldn’t like it.» he rubbed his head awkwardly and I finally breathed normally.

 

 «So… so, what do you want?» I asked.

 «I want to ask you something.»

 «You? From me?» I  gasped with surprise.

 

 Plot twist~ :O

 

 «Yeah… I see… I kind of see that Ivy trusts you and cares for your opinion… She doesn’t usually struggle to protect people around her…»

 I blushed. Rome noticing this things… Could it be that Ivy really cares a lot for me?

 

 «And, anyway, she tried a lot to protect with all these things. That means you count for her. Could you tell her not to stop coming in school? She might… might listen to you, at least.» he dropped his head again, feeling obviously embarrassed for having a chat like this with a lame nerd like me.

  

 I naturally gasped again.

 «Me? You’re asking me to do this?» I raised both my eyebrows.

  «Ne, but don’t make a fuss over it. I just think you’re going to convince her.»

 «But, Rome- sshi… I can’t do that. She said she doesn’t want to be influenced by emotional reasons. And I want her to be happy. In any way that this can happen.» I dropped my head.

 

 I’m actually betraying myself right now.

 

 But I don’t care. He probably has already realised that I like her.

  Rome puffed.

 «I knew you like her…» he growled and looked at me angrily. «ANYWAY, you will be benefited, too, if she stays.»

  «But, Rome- sshi, I told you I…»

 «Try to do this… PLEASE!» he grabbed my arms tightly.

 Omo, he said «please». Is he so desperate?

 

 «She’s not going to be convinced by me!» I yelled.

 «She will and I bet on this! For some mysterious reason… She trusts you. Do it and you’ll see it with your own eyes.» he pushed me and looked at me without any emotion.

 «Rome- sshi, don’t leave me with this responsibility… What happens if I don’t make it?» I sighed.

«Nothing, OK? NO-THING! She’s just leaving. And probably forever.»

 «But… I…I…»

 «DO IT! Hope you will succeed where I didn’t….» he yelled and left quickly.

 

 

 OOOK, what are we doing now Hanbyul?

  …

 

 The truth is that Rome made me curious.

 

 I mean…

 

 Is Ivy really going to listen to me?

 

 Nah… That’s stupid itself.

 I bit my nails.

 

 …

 

 But the truth is that if I don’t try, I won’t find out.

 And- beyond this lame reason- I just don’t want Ivy to leave…

 

 

 OK, how am I even doing this?

 

  With these thoughts constantly around my head, I reached our house on my own. Thankfully, I didn’t meet with any child from school.

 I looked at my watch.

  God.

 How slowly I was walking?! I have to hurry and study!

 

 I  made the last steps to our house quickly, but stopped in front of the front stairs with a small gasp.

 «Hi Hanbyul…»

 I felt blushing already.

 

 «Ivy…? What are you doing here?»

 

 

 

 

 

  Ivy’s POV

 

 

 

 

 

  I know I shouldn’t have done this.

  I shouldn’t have done this for myself.

  But I wanted really badly to come to this house for maybe the last time.

 

  The idea is to cut all the bonds with any school person. Except for Gae In and Fumino. I can’t live without their friendship.

  I’m gonna miss Led Apple and Hanbyul, though.

  …  

 

 

 I’m sitting on the front stairs of their house. With my books for the competition in my arms.

 I found that excuse to come here again. I’ll leave these books to Hanbyul. And I’ll ask him to cut the pages of his Biology textbook, that we had both written. I want to remember the only pleasant part of this year…

  It’s not nice at all to listen to people asking me to stay only for the remaining weeks of school.

 

  It saddens me.

 Because, after all these things that happened… I don’t hate anyone. This situation simply made me stronger.

 And if their reactions had been different, I might haven’t got power from all these things. I would just remain the previous girl.

 

  Only Hanbyul and Led Apple an exception.

 

  Especially Hanbyul…

 

  He never let me down. He was always by my side.

 

  I appreciate that a lot.

 

  Here we go again, my heart is beating louder.

 

  I’m gonna miss him…

 

  And I wonder… he isn’t going to miss me?

 

  He might not… I brought him only trouble so far.

 

  That saddens me even more. To think that he isn’t going to miss me.

 

  

 

  Oh, here he is. With his head bent, as usually.

  He isn’t going to notice me.

 Lol, he reached right in front of me and gasped.

 «Hi Hanbyul…» I smiled.

  He blushed… I’ll miss that image.

 «Ivy? What are you doing here?» he asked, obviously startled.

 «Not happy to see me?» I put my tongue out and got up.

 «NO! Of course I’m happy to see you… How couldn’t I be…? But I mean, how’s that and you came here?»

 «Well… I wanted to give you the books for the competition and ask you a favor…»

 «When… when are you stopping coming to school?» he whispered, lowering his head.

 «Ugh… I don’t know yet… Probably the upcoming week.»

 «So soon?» he rubbed his head, without looking at me.

 

 

  He isn’t going to miss me… That’s terrible! I thought he was going to be extremely sad…

 

 «Yeah… I kind of want this to happen even sooner.» I pretended giggling.

 «I… I see.» he said even more quietly.

 

  If only… If only he was asking me to… Not do this…

 

 «So, here are the books for you… And forget the favor, it’s OK…» I offered the books, feeling my eyes wet.

 

 He suddenly lifted his head and smiled… beautifully.  With his left hand pushed the books back to me and with his right hand, held mine.

 

  My heart has gone crazy.

 

 «Ivy… keep the books… Please, let’s not stop our lessons… Don’t stop coming to school… We worked for this competition and I want you to win… And as for school, I… I.. don’t want to stop seeing you.»

 

 Here he held his breath for a second and looked at me.

 

 My hands started shaking.

 

 «Can’t TS Entertainment wait for a few weeks? I mean after the school ends, you will be able to…»

 

  Without any warning, I hugged him.

 

  I hugged him tightly and buried my head in his chest.

  

  He said it! GOD, he said it!

 

 A few tears ran down on my cheeks. That’s because I’m very happy, not sad.

 

 

 «I know you don’t want anything to hold you back… But I couldn’t hold it in… Please don’t leave school…» he murmured, hugging me back.

 

 Is his voice shaky, too?

 

 My inner world is a mess~

 

 I put a finger on his lips, still in his hug.

 

 «I won’t… I won’t leave school. I’ll wait for it to be over, OK?» I smiled and he widened his eyes with happiness.

 

 «Chinja?» he gasped.

 «Ne… And I’ll work again with you for the competition… We have to win!» I tightened my fist.

 

 I hugged him again and then looked at him.

 

 There’s this moment, when you feel like kissing someone. Your lips burn you, your body is pushing you to do it, your heart is beating like crazy.

 

 That’s how I feel right now.

 

 «I’m only staying more, because you asked it, OK?» I smiled, caressing his cheek.

 «T- Thank you, Ivy…» he whispered and leaned a little foreword.

 

  Is he feeling the same way…?

  Our faces were very close anyway… I can feel the heat of his body…

  Omo, we’re going to kiss!

 

 

 «Hanbyul! Hey, yah, you, what have you been doing all this time??»

 

  Wait a minute, that’s a girly voice.

 

 We both turned around, all the warm emotions disappearing, when I faced a tall, beautiful girl, with her long straight hair, dyed red… She’s pulling a suitcase with her… And she seems older than us.

 

 «Younghee- ah?» Hanbyul mumbled slowly.

 

 

  Younghee… Who the hell is Younghee?

 

 

 

 

 

 

From misschoi:Hey guys! I was a liiiiitle late and I'm sorry, but some guys named Led Apple had their comeback yesterday and I was working hard on their promotion... :P "With the Wind" is out! Full of emotions and winter mood! Hope you all liked! ^^ I hope you also liked our update~ ^0^ Thank you for your subscriptions, views, comments and support in general! We have 3 votes now!! ^^ Your opinion and ideas are alays welcomed!! Take care 'til next time! ^^ <3