Tired of being... tested

"Byeol" means star

Ivy’s POV

 

I jumped a few times on the same spot and when I felt warmed up enough, I the music.

 

 EXO’s «Wolf» started playing and I, drawing my breath, made a step forward and started my choreography.

 I’m supposed to do freestyle.

 

That’s my quest for this week, from my TS trainer; to listen to random tracks and dance freestyle. Still, I always think of my moves in a matter of seconds before the song plays. I can’t NOT to plan my moves. And that’s bad; I have to fix it.

 

 «And 1…2, 3 and 4.» I kept on murmuring, turning around myself, moving to the left and to the right.

 

Not having a mirror in the practice room can be troublesome for a dancer, but I am constantly thinking that I should be grateful for what I’ve got. So, having a practice room in Starkim Entertainment has a couple of strong benefits; first of all, I actually HAVE a practice room to practice! Second… I’m close to my Apples… And *coughs* Hanbyul mainly… No, we are actually in the same building. Same floor, only a few other rooms separating us. And that’s absolutely perfect.

 

 I moved circularly around the only column of the place, making this also a part of this awkward, pretty badly programmed choreography of mine and then dropped on my knees, going on with my dancing on the floor.

 

A weird feeling overtook me, but I kept on with my work.

 

  You will wonder why on earth I’m here to practice. Well, it’s a little complicated. But let’s say that TS Ent, with BAP’s current absence, isn’t working as usually, so there are many days that we can’t really practice in any room. I was trying to find a solution and talked about it with my Apples and my girls and my dear Youngjun had the kindness to ask their manager and CEO, if I can practice for some hours and only for some days in any of their practicing rooms. Thankfully, they said yes and heeere I am! It’s been 3 weeks that LEDApple returned from Japan and this solution has been really comfy for me so far. I even got to know their manager better, who is a really sweet and naive guy. I think he is fine with me, too. And I’m happy for this.

 

In this way… I’m even surer that these people didn’t forget me and I’m now closer to them even in a part of their life that I didn’t even know before.

 

The weird feeling became annoying, as I went on with my floor dancing. I got up again, still along with the rhythm of the music.

 

Is someone watching me…?

 

I have realised that, sometimes, I do have the same problem as Youngjun. I don’t like being watched when I practice, at least without knowing it. I hate it.

 

With an abrupt move, I turned to face the door.

Ta- dah. I was right!

 

«You like watching me, don’t you?» I raised an eyebrow and -panting a little- I hurried to turn off the stereo.

 

«I never denied this.» Hanbyul moved his shoulders and his lips.

«Yes, but it’s kind of creepy, you know.»

 

«No, it’s not. And- anyways. Admit it, you like it.»

 

I laughed and rolled my eyes.

 

«Na- ha. You like it more than I do.» I moved my finger towards him and slowly approached him.

 

«I didn’t deny this either.» he smiled, resting on the closed door.

 

A smirk escaped and appeared on my lips.

 

DAMN!

 

I like SO much this naughty Hanbyul.

 

He looked at me from head to toes and all the way back again.  Then, he extended his hand and capped my right cheek.

 

«I like you so much.» he said simply and was about to turn and leave.

 

«You only like me?» I tacked my hair behind my ear.

 

«I can’t tell you all of my secrets, huh?» he smirked, too and turned the knob on the door.

 

 My heart beating louder with his new, y attitude, I grabbed his arm and hugged him.

 

«Please, oppa… Let’s go on a date…» I whispered, my feelings running faster than my mind and my pride.

 

He chuckled and patted my head.

 

«You know that I don’t have time.» he kissed my cheek and left quickly.

 

«You know that I don’t have time»… HAH! That’s what he has been telling me all this time!

 

 I didn’t react as a girlfriend all this time. I mean, taking for granted that I can kiss his lips, that we will be going on dates and similar stuff that couples do. I did nothing of these!

I had decided to give him space and time anyways.

 

But…

 

He is the one that is acting naughtily usually!

It seems like he is trying to encourage me to feel more like a couple with him, rather than a friend, like he is making me wanting to get exposed, but whenever I ask him to go on a date and talk and feel and act like a couple, he always denies.

«You know that I don’t have time»…

 

YAAH!

 

This situation is really annoying.

 

 

I sighed and sat on the floor, folding my arms on my chest.

 

I’m mad at Hanbyul. Yes, yes, I am!

 

He’s playing with my feelings… That’s what he’s doing!

 

He knows I’m dying for him. He knows everything. And it wasn’t necessary for him to realise it on his own; I have said it to him a thousand times!

 Once he acts cutely, naughtily, teasing me, even flirting with me and then, when I react (pretty soon, to be honest)… NO. NO NO

 

What Ivy? Were you thinking that he is encouraging you?

 

NO. WRONG.

 

He doesn’t have time. He laughs with me. He becomes cold. And arrogant.

 

And this hot and cold situation is KILLING me.

He hurts me by doing this.

A lot.

 

Ugh. Don’t cry now, idiot. You have to practice!

I rubbed my eyes and pouted to myself. It feels cold in here all of a sudden.

I hugged myself to warm me up and rest my chin on my folded knees.

I closed my eyes and sighed once again.

Why didn’t he stay here? If he was here he would be the one to hug me and warm me up. No. Actually, he wouldn’t do it. But it’s OK. Still, his presence would warm up everything, as it usually does.

 

«Hanbyul…» I murmured sadly and sniffed my nose.

 

«Omona, what are you doing here? I thought you were practicing and you are just sobbing over Hanbyul?» Kyumin’s voice made me gasp and I turned abruptly to look at him.

 

«Yah, you scared me!» I yelled. «And don’t shout anything about me and Hanbyul!» my yell turned to a whisper.

Their manager hasn’t noticed that something suspicious exists between me and Hanbyul. If it actually exists, lol.

He thinks that we are just friends and ex- classmates.

 

«Ooops, you are right, sorry, chingu!» he covered his mouth and hurried to sit next to me, on the floor. «What’s up?».

«Nothing. Just another rejection.» I moved my shoulders.

«Really?! How stupid my hyung can be??» Kyumin slapped his forehead. «Rejecting the girl he loves over and over again… AISH!»

«Ugh, c’mon, Kyumin, we don’t know if he loves me…» I sighed and rolled my eyes.

«He does! You don’t believe your Kyumin??» he pouted and I didn’t manage to hide my smile.

«Ugh, I don’t know, Kyuminnie… He makes me feel so hurt and confused about his real feelings… Sometimes I have thought of disappearing from his life and trying to forget him, but only the idea of this is hurting me even more…» I rubbed my eyes and got up, breathing slowly.

«Don’t give up… He is just being too proud… I know his feelings for you.»

«I don’t know…» I held my forehead.

«C’mon, Ivy… You waited the whole summer. Wait a little more… Just a little more.» he got up, too and held my shoulder, as I had my back turned to him.

«I’ll wait a little more… But, just a little.» I bowed my head and I felt Kyumin’s hand tensing on my shoulder.

 

«YAAAH, come back!» was heard from the open door and a running Hyoseok was seen passing by like crazy.

 Then, a Kwangyeon followed, also running like crazy, spraying water with his mouth.

 

Kyumin started tapping his feet impatiently immediately and a childish smile immediately appeared on his lips.

 

«What the hell are you doing guys?» I sighed and started laughing. «C’mon, I can see it, you want to join… Run!» I pushed him and he-as a little child he is- disappeared from the room in a matter of seconds.

 

 

 

Hanbyul’s POV

 

Ivy isn’t walking as fast as usually. Still, she’s moving ahead of me, her head bowed.

I think she’s a little mad at me.

 

Yesterday’s «I don’t have time» for some reason bothered her a lot. But it wasn’t different from the other times.

 

Why do I keep «rejecting» her? Well, I don’t know… I guess, I’m constantly afraid that I will get hurt. Which is pretty stupid. Because I am… I am almost sure that Ivy really loves me.

 But this «almost»… I can’t get rid of it!

 

Ugh, man, she’s really different today. Usually, when I walk her back home, she’s really talkative and bright and all excited. Now, she doesn’t even want to look at me…

 

Maybe I’ve made her wait too much…

Maybe.

 

Kyumin yesterday started shouting at me. He was really mad. About how I’m making Ivy suffer and how hurt and confused she feels because of me. I felt bad. Especially because Kyumin’s mood was not even to the slightest funny. He was all serious and furious at me. And- you know- since Kyumin can rarely be seen like this, it kind of shook me for well seeing him that upset.

He told me that I shouldn’t be so sure about myself and that if I don’t want to lose Ivy I can’t waste not even a moment.

 

IDK. They keep on saying similar things to convince me to make a move over Ivy for a long time now.

 I know they are doing this.

But their mood is different when they do that. Kyumin was really concerned.

 

«Not in a mood today?» I finally asked and she simply moved her head negatively. «Yah, you can use your mouth, you know.» I held her arm and pulled her back.

«I’m not in the mood. So, I don’t feel like talking. Happy now?» she looked at me in a way that made me feel really bad.

«I’m not happy if you aren’t happy.» I looked back at her.

 

She raised her eyebrows and sighed.

 

«Don’t do that.» she said and tried to move  away.

«What?»

«Don’t say things that make it seem like you like me.»

«But I like you.»

«No, no, don’t say this. Don’t start this. Please.» she covered her ears and closed her eyes.

«Why? It’s the truth!» I held both of her arms tightly.

 

She smiled weakly, without looking at me and patted my shoulder.

«Let’s go. I have to be back home before my parents, baby star.»

 

OOOK, if you heard something, that was my heart beating like crazy.

Omona, why I lose control whenever she says «baby star»?? ToT

 

«Hanbyul? Are you coming? If you are bored I can go on by myself…» she moved her hands.

«Oh, no, I’m coming!» I hurried next to her and- putting my hands in my pockets- I tried to act cool.

 

She’s really tired of me.

God, no.

She can’t be.

 

«Are you coming tomorrow for practice?» I asked her.

«Yes… I think so. Are you going to be there, too, guys?»

«Yes, of course. Days are passing by quickly. We will be invited to Inkigayo soon after «Someone met By Chance» is released. We have to be perfect. We just have to.»

«Makes sense. I’m proud of you.» she smiled gently, as we turned left on the small path that is leading to her house’s front door.

«Thank you… I hope we won’t let you down.»

 

She stopped in front of her door and turned to look at me, smiling beautifully again.

 

She extended a hand and caressed my cheek.

«I’m sure you won’t. You are 5 amazing guys.»

 

Here we go with my heart agaiiiin~ *_*

I have definitely blushed. UGH!

 

«Bye for now. See you tomor…»

 

I put a finger on her lips.

 

OK, people, I am convinced. I’ll give her the chance she was asking!

And I’m really curious to see the result of this.

 

«Tomorrow it’s a Friday. What are you doing after practice?» I asked her, trying to prevent the emotions from coloring my voice.

 

«Oh, I’m just going to call the girls and… Hey, wait.» she frowned cutely. «Why  are you asking me?»

I moved my shoulders and she frowned even more.

 

«Oh, if the boys want to go for pizza or chicken, I’m in. I’m sure the girls will be also happy to join…»

I pressed my finger on her lips for one more time.

 

«Who said anything about the rest of the idiots and your girlfriends?» I made my voice funnily y on purpose and winked at her.

 

She stopped her mumbling abruptly and covered on her own. Then, she slowly lifted her eyes to me. I can a question mark in them.

I nodded my head meaningfully and she widened her eyes.

 

«You mean… we’re going out… as friends?» she half- closed her eyes.

«No. I mean we’re going on a date.»

 

She gasped and choked a happy exclamation.

«Oh my God, thank you! THANK YOU!» she jumped a little around and hugged me.

 

That’s iiiit. HUGS!! ^0^

 

«No need to thank me, you pabo.» I patted her head and dared to kiss her cheek.

 

She blushed. Omo, she blushed.
 

AHA

AHA
 

AHA-AHA-AHA~ I made Ivy blush! I’m invincible!!! >0<

 

«And… before thanking me; I’m making it clear that we’re doing this with my rules, OK?»

 

She raised an eyebrow.

 

«Which means…?» she asked.

«Which means that you can’t say no to whatever I choose for this date.» I smirked.

 She smiled again and clapped her hands.

 

«I am already OK with this!» she answered excitedly and hugged me again.  «Where are we going??»

«I will see. Let it be a surprise… Huh? Just be pretty. Even though I know you don’t need to try for this.» I smiled and cupped her cheeks.

I can feel them burning under my palms. I want to kiss her.

 

She closer her eyes.

 

Damn, she’s so cute.

She asks to be kissed right now, right?

 

Yah, how can I not do this?? >.<

 

My heart beating really loud, I drew my breath and managed to hold myself back.

Still holding her cute face in my hands, I gently kissed her nose.

She shivered and blinked her eyes multiple times and quickly.

 

«That’s it for now. Talk to you tomorrow again.» I patted her head and waved a quick «good bye».

 

Get me away from her, before I return and start being naughty!

 

 

 

 

Youngjun’s POV

 

 

I have a headache.

Am I the only one?

Today’s practice killed me.

 

We had to tune in everything and -as a result- my head is like a boiling pot right now. As usually, I had to supervise whatever was happening in the practicing room. So, the weight was mostly on me again.

 

What a surprise, huh?

 

But it’s OK. I’ll get over it. Hopefully, our debut will be rewarding enough, right?

 

Hyoseok yawned  and turned over to go on with his nap on our sofa.

Our house is weirdly quiet. Hyoseok is sleeping, I just woke up next to him, Kwangyeon and Kyumin, having the TV muted and sitting on the floor, are playing FIFA on the Playstation. Hanbyul was definitely sleeping next to me, but I have no idea where he is now.

 

No, wait. He must be talking on the phone, in the kitchen.

 

Anyways. I think I will sleep a little more. It’s nice and calming next to the… sleeping beauty. The weather has started being a little chilly. So, Hyoseok currently works like a side blanket.

 

 

Hanbyul walked out of the kitchen, right at the moment that I had just closed my eyes again. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. He is… better dressed than usually?

 

«Were you talking on the phone?» I asked, yawning.

«Oh yes. My dad called me to find out about today’s practice…» he smiled, looking at his reflection in the mirror.

«It’s amazing how they changed their mind and are so eager and happy now.» Kwangyeon commented, without turning his head from the TV and their game.

«Yeah, thank God, huh? Now, I’m going, guys. See you later tonight and if you need anything call me.» he smiled and grabbed his keys from the small living room table.

 

«Where are you going? We were thinking of calling all of the girls, buying chicken and watching a movie!» Kyumin exclaimed, finally pausing the game.

«Yes, but I have a date with Ivy to manage here!» he winked and fixed his hair for a last time.

«WHAT?» we all gasped, making Hyoseok to open his eyes abruptly, obviously startled.

«What happened?» he murmured.

«We will explain later!» I rolled my eyes. «Are you really going on a date with Ivy?» I asked, turning to Hanbyul.

«Of course I am! If you don’t believe me you can ask her!» he lifted his hands, declaring his innocence.

«How’s that??» Kyumin asked happily.

«You kind of convinced me, the day before yesterday… I thought that she really deserves that chance and it will also be chance for me to test her for a last time…»

I growled angrily.

 

«Don’t do anything stupid that can hurt her!» I yelled.

«Yes, hyung, that’s enough with the stupid tests!» Kwangyeon protested, too.

«GUYS! COOL DOWN! I won’t hurt her. WHY ON EARTH WOULD I WANT TO DO THAT??» Hanbyul moved his hands intensely.

«What are you going to do then?» Kyumin raised an eyebrow.

«I’ll tell you once I’m back.  Bye now. Have fun!» the Byeol said quickly and disappeared with a funky, small backpack on his back.

 

I sighed and rolled again next to Hyoseok, who is looking at all of us, a little confused.

«He’s doing something stupid, isn’t he?» Kyumin bit his nail, with a really concerned look.

«I hope not.» I massaged my temples.

«I really hope not.» Kwangyeon joined the biting nail session.

«Anyways… We can’t control him. Now, let me sleep for half an hour more and then, let’s call the girls…» I moved my shoulders and closed my eyes, creeping closer to Hyoseok to keep me warm.

My headache is still here =_=

 

 

 

Ivy’s POV

 

 

 

I took a look of myself for a last time in the mirror.

I wanted to be perfect, but I thought that being too perfect led me nowhere in the past. Let’s just be more casual!

 

I’m wearing a lacy, short skirt that my mom bought for me during her summer business trip, a simple baby pink top and my pink Allstars. I have my white sweater in my bag, my hair is already fixed in a sloppy bun and… I am ready!

No make up today.

Well, OK. Only a little mascara and a lip balm. BUT ONLY THESE!

 

I breathed in and out slowly. I don’t remember have been so nervous for anything for the last years.

 

But I’m so happy he gave me this chance! I’m so- so- so happy and excited!

 

The bell rang~ OMO

 

OMO, OMO, OMO

 

Thank God my parents and brother are absent. Nicko would have been mocking me for centuries for my preparations. My dad would be whining and my mom would be all scaringly excited.

 

I hurried downstairs and opened the door without asking.

 

«Hiiii!» Hanbyul waved happily at me and moved a flower under my nose.

«Omo… A  pretty flower… That’s so sweet…» I took it in my hands and smelled it. «Thank you, baby star.» I smiled at him.

I know this is his weak spot. >.< He just blushed. But, omo, he’s so handsome today!

He cleaned his throat and smiled back.

«Glad you like it… But nothing is prettier than you.» he winked and extended a hand to me. «Shall we go?»

 

I giggled and grabbed his hand, closing and locking the door behind me.

 

«Omo, don’t be so cheesy… You will make me decide my LEDApple bias already…» I rubbed the back of my neck.

 

He surprised me by kissing my cheek and passing his arm around my waist.

 

«Well, you are my bias, too.» he moved his shoulders and I started laughing.

 

«Omo, that line was unexpected…» I kept on laughing and he joined me, proud of his joke.

 

Ah… I don’t want to bring bad luck to this first date, but… Oh, I’m so fine like this with Hanbyul!!! ToT

 

«Where are we going, baby star?»

 

«I was thinking of «Haebaragi», huh? I think it’s nice~»

 

«Haebaragi»… That’s really fine! It’s a totally cool coffee/brunchy place that many young people prefer. And it’s pretty sensibly priced.

 

«Oh, yes, it’s daebak! We can eat pizza right?» I pouted.

«Of course… You know me, I was about to suggest the same thing!» he winked and I giggled.

 

The evening is so nice today. The weather is a little chilly, but the sun setting is giving beautiful colors around.

I have loved Seoul so much. With all its fuss… It is so pretty and lively. And it can be unexpectedly romantic, too.

 

«Here we are!» Hanbyul pointed at the cafe/ restaurant, which kind of reminded Italian style in general.

«Daebak! Are we sitting inside?»

«Yeah… You will get cold, once the sun is gone if we sit outside.» he bit his nail with a concerned look and I pulled him quickly in.

«No time to waste then, right?» I put my tongue out and found a table for us to sit.

Phew~ There were only two remaining empty!

 

«Quick moves.» Hanbyul winked again and I giggled. «We are lucky that we found a table actually.»

«Yeah, thankfully!»

 

Oh… everything is so smooth! <3.<3

 

«OK, got to go to wash my hands. Excuse me for a sec…» Hanbyul got up again and headed for the bathroom.

 

I sighed with relief.

 

Up to now, I was nervous for nothing.

He is so nice to me. To be honest, he is always nice to me. But I was afraid that he was going to be cold.

Still, he isn’t. And I’m so happy! I haven’t had such a delightful and pleasant date like this for a looooong time.

 

And- GUYS. I’m with HANBYUL. What could be better than that??? I’m on a date with the guy that I’m in love!

 

I put my mobile out of my bag and looked at it impatience.

 

I have to calm down.

 

Everything will be fine.

 

«I’m back.» his voice was heard and I lifted my head to smile at him.

 

For a second I froze.

 

What is he doing…? WHAT IS HE DOING?

 

No, no. Wait a minute.

 

I said, Ivy, calm down.

 

Caaaaalm down.

 

I’m with Hanbyul and this is the most perfect thing in the whole world!

I rolled my eyes in my inner thoughts. He wasn’t still sure for me. That’s why he is doing this, right?

 

But I’m gonna prove him that the old Ivy is gone.

 

Because she’s. I’m with Hanbyul and this alone is paradise!

 

I smiled sincerely at him, overcoming my first numbness, as he sat on the other side of the table, fixing his glasses on his nose.

 

«Hi again, then, baby star!» I sent him a kiss and his cheeks turned red again. 

 

 

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hi guys!!!^^ Idk why this took me soooo damn long, but -anyways- here I am! XD Hope you liked~ Just a couple of chappies left to finish! Keep your interest high!!! ;) Thank you for all of your comments, views and a "welcome" to our new subscribers! (Hi new lovely people!!!) Your comments and ideas always matter to me, so don't hesitate to leave me any! Take care til next time! Fighting! ^0^ <3