Chapter 37

It's Me

Months had passed and your tummy is now big. You’re a month away before giving birth to your daughter. You’re feeling excited and nervous at the same time just thinking about you giving birth to the first born baby of your family.

 

Kyuhyun on the other hand was the best nurse that you could ever have. He’s been beside you all the time. Assisting you wherever you go even if you’re just going to pee, he’s standing outside waiting for you to finish.

 

You’re resting on the couch and realized how happy you had been after you got discharged from the hospital that day. Kyuhyun invited his college friends at home so that he could work on their upcoming business and at the same time, he could check on you every now and then. He also proposed to you on a way that made you cry hard before saying the three letter word that he’s been dying to hear from you.

 

“I can’t give you the moon and stars; I can only give you my heart and soul. I love you to the moon and back and whatever’s beyond that. I want to spend the rest of my life with my childhood friend, best friend, savior and finally my girlfriend. I don’t have much to offer; only my heart and future to you. I’m sorry if at times I’m not the best partner you have but I want to prove to you that I’m the one you need eternally. _____, will you be my partner as long as I live in this world?”

 

That was his speech on a family dinner. Your mom was there to witness his confession. His family was there too and they are beyond shock on what they heard and saw. They all didn’t expect that he could pull something like that. Kyuhyun put tears on everybody’s eyes. He’s been planning this ever since and finally, he pulled it off perfectly. Kyuhyun was quite nervous that you would turn off his offer because it’s too sudden but then again, you didn’t fail him. You nodded and said yes to him without second thoughts.

 

The simple dinner was turned into a special one because of what happened. Everybody was excited about the wedding that the elders forgot that you’re currently pregnant. You decided to give birth first before walking to the altar. You thought that maybe you wouldn’t be comfortable if you’re going to wear your wedding gown with a big tummy. It’s a once in a lifetime moment so you want it to be – if not perfect, well close to it.

 

You smiled at the memory. It was so sweet that you can’t believe that Kyuhyun did it. You thought that he’ll propose to you secretly and just announce it to the elders. You love how Kyuhyun surprise you each and every day. One morning you woke up and found him sitting and watching you while you’re asleep. Afterwards, he lean forward and gave you a kiss. It warmed your heart that he started showing more of his affection towards you.

 

“Why are you smiling like that?” Kyuhyun asked as he sat beside you.

 

He had been busy talking to different people over the phone because of their upcoming business. They planned to introduce it in two weeks so they’re sorting things out. Kyuhyun was thankful enough that he handles things perfectly and never forgets to check on you. He always invites Sena over if he is needed to some places for the plan.

 

“I was just thinking how we changed drastically these past few months.” You replied and sighed dreamily.

 

“Is it a good change or not?” Kyuhyun asked as he pulled you closer to him and started caressing your tummy.

 

“Of course good. We wouldn’t be here if it’s a bad change. You’ve been so caring to me Kyuhyun. I never thought that you can be like this. I didn’t imagine that we’ll end up like this. Some of our high school classmates told me that they knew it from the start. I didn’t realize that back then.” You confessed and looked at him with love plastered all over your face.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Actually me too. I didn’t expect that we’ll end up as real couple. But honestly, I didn’t regret it at all. Back then, my friends kept on pushing me to you until I developed my feelings for you. It’s me who fell for you first. I didn’t tell you or showed it because I’m afraid that it will ruin what we have back then. Everything back then was unforgettable for me.”

 

You internally melt at what you heard. Kyuhyun’s words didn’t fail to amaze you. You thought that from the very start, it’s a one-sided love but you thought wrong. You weren’t able to reply on what Kyuhyun said because words couldn’t express how much you’re totally happy and contented with your life now.

 

2 years later…

 

“Baby, are you ready for our surprise to daddy?” You asked to your daughter and she nodded happily.

 

Today is Kyuhyun’s birthday and you decided to bake a cake for him. He’s been out all day because he had some issues on their gaming company. Luck is truly on Kyuhyun’s side because their small business grew so much that it became the top company that sells and creates different online games.

 

You decided to surprise Kyuhyun today by paying him a visit on his office during his lunch hour. Sarang, your baby daughter, wants to go with you and surprise her daddy too with the cupcake that she personally designed. When everything is packed, you drove off to Kyuhyun’s office.

 

Upon arriving, the receptionist immediately recognized you and told Kyuhyun’s secretary that you’ll be up to his office. The lobby was quite packed since there are employees who are scurrying off to eat their lunch.

 

When you and Sarang arrived at Kyuhyun’s office, you were told by his secretary that he’s on a meeting and he’ll be back shortly. While he’s not yet arriving, you unpacked everything including Sarang’s birthday cupcake.

 

After ten minutes of preparation, Kyuhyun finally arrived and saw you and Sarang standing beside his office table. You and Sarang are singing a birthday song for him. Kyuhyun was beyond happy that he saw the two important ladies in his life during his lunch break.

 

“Happy Birthday jagiya~” You greeted and waited for him to blow the candles on the cake that you made. When he’s done and blew off the candle, Sarang offered her cupcake to Kyuhyun and asked him to blow the tiny candle too. Kyuhyun chuckled and blew the candle.

 

“I thought you are busy.” Kyuhyun said while picking up Sarang and showering her with kisses on her fluffy cheeks.

 

You smiled. “I’m busy preparing the cake for you. Plus, Sarang here wants to badly greet you the moment she woke up, but when she found out that you’re already out she threw a tantrum. I need to make it up for her so… TADA!” You explained and showed the cake that you made and the cupcake that Sarang made.

 

“You made this?” Kyuhyun asked Sarang as he picked up the cupcake that she made with all her heart. It was pink and there’s a letter “K” printed on it with blue frosting.

 

Sarang nodded. “Mommy told me that I should bake one for daddy since it’s his birthday today.” She replied as her eyes started to disappear when she smiled happily and hugged her daddy.

 

Kyuhyun’s face was about to split into two because of too much happiness on his birthday. He ate the cupcake that Sarang made and gave her a thumbs up though it tasted quite sweet than he expect it to be. He put down Sarang afterwards and let her ran around his office as Kyuhyun turned his attention to the most beautiful wife in the world.

 

“Thank you. Really.” Kyuhyun said and pulled you into a mind blowing kiss. It tasted sweet because of the cupcake and you smiled inwardly.

 

“Eeewww!! Daddy and Mommy are kissing again!” Sarang squealed as she covered her eyes with her tiny fingers.

 

The parents looked at one another and laughed at their daughter’s reaction. Sarang is always like that whenever she caught her parents making out when she’s around. Kyuhyun couldn’t get off his hands whenever you’re around. You started to stop him at first especially whenever Sarang is around, but he couldn’t be stopped.

 

“I’ll talk to Ms. Kang if I still have meetings after this.” Kyuhyun said as he pressed a button on the telephone and Ms. Kang’s voice was heard.

 

You left Kyuhyun for a moment to talk and you picked up Sarang who started flipping the pages of the magazine that’s on the coffee table.

 

“Sarang-ah, are you happy?” You asked as you placed her on your lap.

 

Sarang nodded making her cheeks bounce. You giggled at the sight and caressed her fluffy cheeks. You don’t know where she had those fluffy cheeks. But Sarang got her eyes from Kyuhyun. They are brown and beautiful just like Kyuhyun’s. is just like yours; pink and soft according to Kyuhyun.

 

You and Sarang continued to laugh about something as you whisper something to her and she’ll start squealing and laughing at the same time. Kyuhyun was watching the two of you and his heart was melting at the sight. It was what he’s been dreaming of. A perfect and happy family.

 

 Soon, when Kyuhyun is done with some paper works, he joined the two of you. Sarang entertained his daddy by singing the song that Kyuhyun always sings to her whenever she can’t sleep.

 

“Puff the magic dragown lif by the sea~~” Sarang started. You and Kyuhyun smiled at her singing skills. It was quite understandable since Sarang couldn’t speak the words correctly. But the two of you would sing along with her whenever she stops because she forgot a word.

 

Kyuhyun doesn’t have any meetings after the lunch hour so he decided to go out with you and Sarang. What you loved more about Kyuhyun is he cared and loved Sarang the way he cared and loved you. He always has his quality time with Sarang and he can stand her tantrums. Even though sometimes he’ll come home late, he’ll still check on Sarang and give his little angel a good night sleep and talks to her even if she couldn’t hear what Kyuhyun is saying.

 

The three of you went to the mall and spend the day there. Though it was Kyuhyun’s birthday, it was like Sarang’s birthday because she got whatever she wants. You’re sometimes reprimanding her but Kyuhyun would intervene and console his little angel.

 

Kyuhyun decided to treat the both of you on a restaurant. You wanted to invite the elders over but Kyuhyun declined telling you that he wants to celebrate his day with his own family.

 

The dinner went well and as soon as the three of you got home, Sarang was dead tired and fast asleep before you could give her a bath. You laid her carefully on her little bath tub and Kyuhyun assisted you on giving her a bath. She would yawn occasionally and you would giggle at the sight. When you’re done giving her a bath, you transferred her to her bed and tucked her comfortably.

 

Kyuhyun was leaning on Sarang’s door frame and he’s watching you as you make sure that Sarang would be comfortable on her sleep. Kyuhyun was beyond happy that he celebrated his birthday with the two of you. Last year, he celebrated his birthday with the whole family and friends. He didn’t have much time on you and Sarang at that time because he’s occupied with his aunts and uncles. Now, he’s just happy that he spent it with his own family. It was the best birthday gift that he had received.

 

When you’re sure that Sarang is safe and sound, you tiptoed back and got shocked when you saw Kyuhyun standing on the doorway.

 

“How long have you been watching?” You asked as you pushed him out of Sarang’s room.

 

“The moment you dressed her and tucked her to sleep.” Kyuhyun replied and hugged you. “Thank you.” He added and kissed you.

 

“For what?” You asked clueless on why is he thanking you all of a sudden.

 

“For taking care of our family.” Kyuhyun said. He knew that he can’t spend a lot of time with his family during weekdays because his work is keeping him occupied but you understood him the way he understood you when you’re pregnant with Sarang.

 

You smiled. “Thank you too for making this family happy.” You replied and caressed his face.

 

Suddenly, Kyuhyun pouted and it made your eyebrows shoot up.

 

“Why? Is my birthday boy not happy?” You asked and brushed his fringe that’s blocking his wonderful brown eyes.

 

“It seems like today is Sarang’s birthday.” Kyuhyun said and continued to pout.

 

His words made you giggle. You can’t believe that this 32-year old man who already has a child is pouting because he’s jealous over the amount of attention Sarang got on his birthday.

 

“Oooh~ the birthday boy is jealous eh?” You cooed and giggled at him.

 

“You know me so well.” Kyuhyun said and flashed his infamous smirk at you.

 

The both of you spent the remainder of the day making love to one another. You guys managed not to make a single noise because the two of you are too afraid that Sarang might hear the both of you and end up sleeping with her.

 

It was midnight and the both of you are still awake because of exhaustion. Your body was tangled over Kyuhyun’s as you listened to the stead beating of his heart. It was perfect. Everything was perfect. You didn’t realize that your life was beyond perfect now. It was not the life that you wished to have. You only wished for a simple one yet God gave you something more than what you deserve. A loving husband and a healthy daughter. You couldn’t ask for more.

 

“Happy birthday jagiya~” You greeted Kyuhyun again and gave him a kiss that says everything that you wants to say to him. It was sweet and filled with love and adoration.

 

“Thank you jagiya. I love you. Always and forever.” Kyuhyun replied and hugged you.

 

THE END


From the bottom of my heart... THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH.♥♥