Chapter 19

It's Me

It was already dark outside and Hyukjae decided to drive you to the hotel.

“Hyukjae-ssi, can I ask you a question?” You said while he drives.

“Sure. But don’t ask questions like ‘why are you so cool?’ and ‘why are you so handsome?’ because I won’t able to answer those.” Hyukjae replied trying to keep his laughter aside.

You rolled your eyes again at him and chuckled. “Why didn’t you let me touch at least one kid?” You pouted at the scene wherein you’re about to touch the cute boy but he stopped you.

Hyukjae sighed. “Those kids are sick.” He bluntly replied.

Your heart sank on what he replied. “The reason why I’ve been visiting them is because the parents of those kids can’t afford to send them to schools or even send them to hospitals even though the condition of their child is already worse.”

“You’re so kind.” You already said it before you can stop yourself.

Hyukjae chuckled. “I’m just doing my job. I’m not kind.” He replied and that made you look at him.

Your eyebrows furrowed on what he said. “You are Hyukjae. If you’re not kind, maybe those kids are severely in pain.” You replied making him realize that he’s kind and he should be cherished.

 

Hyukjae didn’t answer. He was silent for the whole drive and it made you worry on why he is acting like this. Though you only met him earlier or maybe when you’re hospitalized, from what he’s been telling you, you can say that he’s extremely kind to the extent that maybe it’s hard for him too to accept it.

Then you replayed the conversation. “I’m not kind.”

While you’re busy contemplating on why he said that he’s not kind, you didn’t realize that the car has already stopped and you’re already in front of the hotel.

“You’re here.” Hyukjae announced that made your thought of the “I’m not kind” topic disappear.

You looked around and he’s right, it’s the hotel. You’re at the hotel already. Then you looked at him, you expect that he’ll smile but his brows are furrowed and he looks bothered.

“Hey, what’s wrong? Did I say something that made you feel bad?” You asked as you studied his face.

He shook his head. “I’m just tired.” He simply replied, not even smiling.

 

Hyukjae opened your door and you got off, not falling. “Stay here. Don’t come in.” You said and he stopped.

DAMN!!! What’s wrong with this doctor?!

“Thank you for everything Dr. Lee.” You said and he turned around to look at you.

“Doctor?!” He was surprised as if you said that he’s ugly. “I thought we already talked about this?” He pouted.

You giggled on his reaction. “Thank you for changing your expression Hyukjae.” You said and pinched his cheeks.

“OW! That hurts!” He complained as he rubbed his now red cheeks.

“I’ll go now. Thank you again.” You said and gave him a hug. “Thank you for being a kind friend. Until we meet again” you said while you hug him.

Hyukjae’s face split into two. He’s smiling ear to ear from what you said and what you did. His gums can light up the whole street from where you guys are standing.

You broke the hug and caught his gummy smile again. “GOTCHA!” You said and laughed.

 

With a happy heart, you went inside the hotel and went straight to your room.

“It’s been a long time dear bed.” You mumbled as you threw your tired body on the soft huge bed.

You thought of everything that happened before you landed on Hyukjae’s house.

OH MY PHOTOSHOOT!

You immediately stood up and fished the C.D on your bag. You sneakily grabbed Kyuhyun’s laptop and powered it up.

Thankfully, he didn’t put a password on his laptop so you didn’t have a hard time on accessing it. When it was ready, you inserted the C.D.

You opened the folder and tons of your pictures from the photo shoot surprised you.

“When did I become a photogenic woman?” You asked yourself as you browse your pictures one by one. From wearing a floral dress to those fancy ones, you can’t even believe that you’re the one who’s wearing those.

“It really turned out well.” You commented again thinking about the photo shoot and those photos.

You were busy judging each photo and you didn’t realize that it’s already midnight.

 

You finished judging the half and the rest are still un-judged. You yawn feeling the need of sleep but you were woken up by the sound of the door.

! Kyuhyun is back!!!!!

You immediately turned off his laptop and run to the bed. SLEEP! You shouted to yourself as you jumped to the bed.

Right in time, the door flew open and a drunk Cho Kyuhyun entered. He’s mumbling incoherent words but you didn’t mind.

I hope he won’t think that I used his laptop.

You are so scared that he might notice that you used his laptop to check out your… OH THE C.D!!!!! I FORGOT!!!!!!!!!

You wanted to throw yourself outside together with the C.D that you forgot. DAAAAAAAMMMNNNN!!!!!!

 

Kyuhyun kept on mumbling and you want to check out on what is he up to so you flipped on the other side of the bed to see him.

The mumbling subsided when you peeked.

Huh? Where is he?

You waited for him to mumble again but he didn’t. You thought that maybe he already went to the sofa to sleep so you opened your eyes.

“Where is he?” You asked yourself while you start to think of ways on how to get your C.D back.

“1… 2… 3…”

You jumped off to the bed and ran towards the center table wherein you left the laptop. You grabbed his laptop planning that you’ll use it outside so that he wouldn’t notice that you snatched it away from him for a minute.

“Where are you taking my laptop?” You heard his voice.

TTT!!!!

“Let me borrow it first.” You replied without looking back at him.

 

You’re about to go out when you were stopped by him. “Stay.” Kyuhyun simply said.

That simple word made a huge impact to you. It’s so heavy for you to take another step and leave him. “You’ve been out for God knows how many hours… Don’t go…. Stay…” Kyuhyun plead.

You’re wondering why he is saying those. Is he drunk or he really meant it?

“I miss you…” your heart skyrocketed.

You froze on what he said. He missed me…

Kyuhyun grabbed your free hand and wrapped you into a hug. “Stay with me.” You heard him say that while he’s hugging you.

You can smell the linger of liquor on his shirt. “You’re drunk.” You were so thankful that you were able to say at least something when your brain is malfunctioning.

Kyuhyun shook his head. “I’m not.”

You blushed. Your heart stopped beating. Your legs are feeling jelly. Your stomach is filled with hyper butterflies flying around.

“Jaehyun-ah, let’s get married~” Kyuhyun murmured to your ear.


/stabbing cho kyuhyun many times/ >:(