Chapter 34

It's Me

“Detective Kim.” You spoke as the color on your face disappeared.

 

As if Kyuhyun is aware of what’s happening, he appeared and greeted detective Kim. He was calmer compared to you.

He led the visitor to the living room, abandoning the food that’s waiting at the dining area. You never expected that he’ll come and the moment you saw him standing in front of you, there’s only one reason. They already found Jaehyun.

 

The three of you sat on the sofa. The tension can be felt in the air. Kyuhyun grasped your hand and gave you reassuring squeeze as he rubs your knuckles for you to relax.

 

Detective Kim glanced at Kyuhyun then to you as if looking for a sign to start. Kyuhyun nodded at him; sign for him to state the reason what brought him here.

“We already found her.” Detective Kim spilled; not wasting any more time. “We found her in Mokpo with a friend of her. Now, the team went to his place and fortunately, they caught her before she leave.” He added as he passed some photographs to Kyuhyun.

 

Both of you looked at the photographs and to your shock, Jaehyun’s appearance change a lot. She was the epitome of beauty before, but now, she looks lost. You know that it’s not the time to inspect her appearance but you can’t help it. She’s the reason why you had a miscarriage. The thought made you squeeze Kyuhyun’s hand tighter.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t mind what you did because he knows what you feel. Utterly mad. Kyuhyun placed the photos on the coffee table on the side of the sofa.

“She’s leaving? Where to?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

For some reason you felt a tinge of anger and jealousy creeping to your system. You don’t know why but, why does he care?

 

“She’s going to Japan. Her friend helped her in everything. Now, she’s at the office and she’s being interrogated by the police.” Detective Kim poured out as he retrieve the photos.

“I want to see her.” You blurted out.

WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?! DID I SAY IT OUT LOUD?!

 

The 2 men whipped their head to you. Kyuhyun was wearing the confused look of his and Detective Kim is just plain shock. Kyuhyun’s head was buzzing with thousands of question on what made you say that.

 

Kyuhyun was the one who held your hand tighter this time. “We’ll visit her when she’s behind the jail bars.” Kyuhyun summoned to detective Kim before he stood up.

 

Kyuhyun ushered Detective Kim out of the house and Kyuhyun asked to wait for him at the kitchen. “How about her friend, what did you do to her?” Kyuhyun asked as they approach the door of the house.

“We let her take off without Jaehyun.” He responds. Kyuhyun nodded on what he heard.

 

Kyuhyun was satisfied now that the people that he hired are good in their jobs. Finally, the weight has been lifted. This is what Kyuhyun had been waiting for the moment he heard that you lost the child; his first child.

 

“I’ll call you again when we’re going to visit her.” Kyuhyun said as Detective Kim went off. The moment Kyuhyun closed the door, he released a sigh of relief.

 

Kyuhyun went back to the kitchen only to found you staring at the empty plate in front of you; thinking deeply. Kyuhyun stopped for a while to admire the view. Finally, the both of you can live properly and happily. He smiled when your eyes met his.

 

“Don’t worry. They caught her. No one will hurt you, us.” Kyuhyun assured as he walks towards you and cupped your face with his hands. “From now on, live like Jaehyun didn’t appear in front of you.” He added before planting a soft kiss on your lips.

 

You momentarily closed your eyes as you felt the burning sensation of Kyuhyun’s lips on yours. As you opened them, Kyuhyun was smirking and it made your brows furrow. “What?” you asked curiously.

 

“I won.” Kyuhyun said and stood up still wearing that smirk.

 

Won? Won? Won where? Won…. OH! Darn Cho!!!

 

---

“Will you pack faster? You’re being searched Jaehyun!” Min, Jaehyun’s friend, shouted at Jaehyun’s pace on how she packs her stuff.

 

Min kept Jaehyun out of reach when she was told that Jaehyun killed an unborn baby. They’re both models before but Min resigned because of some personal reasons. She dragged Jaehyun in Mokpo before she planned on flying to Japan with her and start new there.

 

Min saw how broken her friend is. Jaehyun attempted to commit suicide by overdosing herself with medicines but Min was able to stop her. She saw how Jaehyun break apart. Min knows Jaehyun as a cheerful girl that’s why it shocked her to death when she saw Jaehyun losing herself.

 

“Come on!” Min shouted at Jaehyun as she walks slowly; slower than a woman who forgot to eat for a month.

 

As Min opened the door of the house she rented, there are already cops outside the house. “!” Min hissed as she got a full view of how many cops car and some black van are there, surrounding the whole place. There’s no way to escape this scene but Min tried her best, she held Jaehyun’s wrist tightly and at the count of three, she dragged Jaehyun out of the house.

 

*BANG!*

 

Min ducked her head, causing her to let go of Jaehyun’s wrist. The cop released a blow so that they could stop running away before they hurt them. Fortunately, it worked.

 

The other cops cuffed Jaehyun’s hands. She didn’t protest or made any violent moves, instead, she just cried.

 

“What are you doing?!!!” Min shouted at a crying Jaehyun. “RUN!!!” She shouted again.

 

Jaehyun, together with the cops traveled back in Seoul where interrogators are waiting for her. They didn’t let Jaehyun be mobbed by the media since Kyuhyun ordered that he wants things to be done peacefully; no media at all.

 

“Can I talk to him?” Jaehyun asked one of the cops as they are walking towards the helicopter. It was her first time talking after the whole incident. She was just sobbing all the way and asking that shocked not only the cops but also her soul.

 

“Talk to whom?” The cop replied as he continued to lead Jaehyun to the helicopter.

 

Jaehyun went silent for a moment. She was contemplating whether to say it or just to forget it but there is something inside her that made her feel that she should ask it.

 

“Can I talk to Kyuhyun?” Jaehyun blurted out.

 

The cop turned around to look at her. “Let’s see about that later.” The cop opened the door of the helicopter and Jaehyun went in.

 

Jaehyun didn’t spoke any words after what she asked. Talking to Kyuhyun is all she thinks that she needs the most or maybe talking to you.


JAAAN! ^_^