Chapter 12

It's Me

The next morning, you woke up and your hand is held by Kyuhyun. He’s seated on the bed side chair and he leaned down his head on your bed so that he could sleep.

You ran your free hand, the one with the IV through his smooth brown fluffy hair. He moved.

He looked up and smiled at you. His eyes are squinted but he’s giving you his broad white teeth smile.

“Good Morning.” You greeted feeling guilty that you woke him.

“Ready to go back to the hotel and continue our honeymoon?” Kyuhyun asked rubbing his eyes.

You nodded smiling. “Did I wake you?” You asked shyly.

Kyuhyun shook his head. “I was awake the whole time.” He replied and stood up.

“I’ll go out to buy some breakfast. You stay here ok?” Kyuhyun said and grabbed his wallet on the drawer of the side table.

 

The moment Kyuhyun vanished from the room, you thought of the kindness and concern he’s been showing you.

“Does he really do it because the nurse and Dr. Lee were here or he really meant it?” You asked yourself as you stare at the wall across you.

Then you heard a knock on your door that made you stop from thinking which of those 2 is the correct one.

“Come in.” You announced and you thought that it’s Kyuhyun but…

“Good Morning Mrs. Cho.” Dr. Lee greeted with his gummy smile again.

“Good Morning Dr. Lee.” You greeted back giving him a slight unsure smile.

“I’m here to give you the last check-up before going home.” Dr. Lee said and you nodded.

He started doing the things he did last night. Flips the papers and writes something.

“Nurse Jung will remove your IV in a moment now so please wait for her. Did you eat your breakfast already?” Dr. Lee lectured you.

“Kyuhyun… err… My husband went out to buy me a breakfast. He’ll be back sooner.” You replied and you can’t help but blush.

Dr. Lee chuckled. “A good husband eh? You’re very lucky to have him Mrs. Cho. He looks lost the moment he brought you here.” Dr. Lee said. You looked at him processing the words he just said.

You blinked at him when you absorbed the words he said. He looks lost?

“Please call nurse Jung after you ate your breakfast so that she could already remove your IV. Please be more careful next time Mrs. Cho.” Dr. Lee summoned you before going out.

“What does he mean by Kyuhyun looking like he’s lost?” You asked yourself again.

 

 

Kyuhyun came back bringing porridge and some fruits. You ate your breakfast as he sips his coffee and reads messages on his phone.

Nurse Jung came in to remove your IV. “Please be careful. I hate needles.” You pleaded wanting to cry in horror.

When Kyuhyun heard your plea, he walked beside you and held your hand again giving a reassuring squeeze.

It didn’t hurt at all and you’re wondering if Nurse Jung did a great job or the fact that Kyuhyun held your hand throughout the process that’s why you didn’t feel too much pain from it.

Kyuhyun handed you a bag with clothes even with undergarments. You blushed when you checked it out.

“Thank you.” You said and dashed to the washroom blushing.

While changing, you thought again of Kyuhyun’s actions.

Taking care of you, buying porridge, even brought clean clothes for you.

Why is he doing all of these? Is it because I am sick or…. UGH! I shouldn’t over react and misunderstand the situation. Of course, I am his best friend. I collapsed because of him. Maybe he’s doing all of these because he’s feeling guilty. HA! I knew it. I’m such a genius.

After changing, you came out and there he is… Your husband-best friend waiting for you. You decided to admire the view first before walking towards him.

His phone rang and he jolted for a bit and you giggled as you saw his reaction. He answers the phone coolly and his eyebrows furrowed. You’re wondering who’s on the line and why did he changed his expression.

You were about to walk towards him but you saw around 5 nurses running on your side and shouting “OUT OF THE WAY!!!” “EXCUSE US!!” “EMERGENCY!!”

You walked back to the door of the bathroom and when they passed at you, you saw a girl lying on the stretcher.

When the area is clean, you looked back to where is Kyuhyun but he’s gone.

“EH?! Where did he go?” You asked yourself as you walked towards where he’s standing before the earlier scene happened.

You looked around trying to search for him but you failed.

“Aish! Where is he now?” You stomped your feet on the floor while looking around the busy hospital.


UPDATE! 

loving your comments guys.XD haha! 

so who wants to kill kyu?XDD nah! kidding~ ;)