Chapter 10

It's Me

Both of you went out of the private room and headed to the main restaurant. You saw the staff earlier smiling straight at you and you smiled back.

“Where are we going?” you asked getting curious as Kyuhyun keeps on walking. He didn’t answer; instead he only looked at you and grins.

Both of you ended up on a small stage located at the end of the restaurant. There’s a piano and microphone set up. Kyuhyun walked towards the stage and sat at the piano. You gape at him wondering what on earth he is going to do.

Then you heard his voice. “I’ll play a song for my wife here. We got married last week and we are here in Jeju for our honeymoon.” Your jaw fell on the floor. The crowd cheered.

“What are you doing?!” you asked voiceless asking him to stop the drama. He winks at you and you scowled in response.

The cheer of the crowd vanished and Kyuhyun started playing the piano. The melody is familiar.

Isn’t she lovely… Isn’t she wonderful…

Kyuhyun sings looking straight at you. The song he sang that made you a close friend of him.

You stood there, frozen. Your eyes on his and his eyes on yours. Now you’re contemplating whether you’ve fallen for him or he’s just playing again like earlier. He sings the song that made you talk to him. Your heart melts once again with his voice with the song and with the way he looks at you.

He finishes it smiling. The crowd behind you cheered again. He stood up and bowed. Then looks at you again grinning. “you like it?” he immediately asked the moment he stepped down on the stage.

You gave him the sweetest smile that you have. “yes.” You simply answered and you looked down hiding your blush.

“Cheers for the newlyweds!” one of the people in the crowd said and everybody raised their glasses.

You looked up at them and they are all smiling to you and to kyuhyun. You smiled back not saying a word.

“Thank you!” kyuhyun replied and smiled.

 

Both of you went back to the private room and you’re not looking at him, afraid that you might blush again.

“Happy anniversary buddy!” kyuhyun cheered.

“WHAT?!” You exclaimed and looked at him.

“You forgot? It’s our anniversary today. We’re friends for 6 years already. How’s that?” Kyuhyun explained with a grin on his face.

“oh,” the only word you can utter.  

 

While eating, the atmosphere changes. You lost your appetite at all and you feel like vomiting.

“Kyuhyun…” you said as the pain in your stomach reaches the danger level.

Kyuhyun looked up and he saw your face. “_____! Are you ok? I’ll get the medicine to the staff now. Stay there. Wait for me!” Kyuhyun dashed out. Panic painted all over his face.

Your face twitch as the pain increases. Your sweat glands became hyperactive as you sweat rapidly.

“Kyuhyun… I can’t…” then you fainted.

 

Kyuhyun went back and found you lying.

“CRAP! Her mom would kill me!” He shouted and carried you out.

He brought you to the nearest hospital and with panic eating him up; he managed to calm down when the nurses told him that you’re going to be alright.

After the agonizing wait, Kyuhyun was able to see you. The nurse told him that you’ll be awake in any minute now.

Kyuhyun entered your room and you’re peacefully sleeping. Kyuhyun sighed in relief that nothing bad happened to you.

 

Your eyes flew open and you saw a white ceiling, calm surroundings and standing cho kyuhyun; your husband and best friend. You smiled when you saw him.

“Hi.” You murmur.

Kyuhyun smiled in response and walked towards your bed. “Hello sleeping beauty. You feeling ok now?” he asked as he sat at the bedside chair.

You nodded making him sure that you’re definitely fine now. For some reason, you felt secured as he sat beside your bed and that made you smile again.

Kyuhyun chuckled when he saw your smile. “I guess you’re might fine now. You’re smiling already.” Kyuhyun commented and you gave him a quizzical look.

“What’s with ‘You’re smiling already’ comment?” You asked, curiosity building up.

Kyuhyun sighed. He felt a stab of pain has collided with his body. He looks lost for some reason and you’re getting curious on why is he acting like this. A sudden change of emotion.


Our internet connection got a little crazy so I am so sorry. ;~;