Chapter 35

It's Me

Three days after Detective Kim’s visit, both of you were informed that Jaehyun is already put to jail since she, herself, told the cops that it was her fault. Both of you were quite shocked that Jaehyun didn’t made things complicated for the both of you.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah~~ wake up.” You poked Kyuhyun’s cheek to wake him up but it seems like he couldn’t feel anything. It was always like this whenever you wake him up. It requires a lot of effort and aegyo, which you honestly hate.

 

For the first time, you gave up on waking him up. Though you hate doing aegyo for him, you’re still doing it because you want to see his morning smile. But today seems a bit different that you’re even shocked that you gave up easily.

 

You got off from the bed and felt totally tired. You’ve just finished your almost 8 hours of sleep yet you still feel that it isn’t enough.

 

Since you’re the first one who woke up and you’re too lazy to wake Kyuhyun up, you decided to cook breakfast first. Walking towards the kitchen area and you grabbed the ingredients that you need. Since Kyuhyun really loves pancakes, you decided to cook pancakes for him.

 

While mixing the egg and flour, you felt a pair of arms around your waist and you immediately smiled for you already knew who the owner of the arms is.

 

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” Kyuhyun asked groggily and you can feel that he’s already pouting his lips.

 

You smiled at yourself. “I was feeling dead tired.”

 

“Tired? You just woke from hours of sleep. Besides, you didn’t do much yesterday. We just lounge around and watch movies.” Kyuhyun complained. You sighed. “I don’t know. I’m feeling tired since yesterday that’s why I refused your offer of going out.” You finally confessed.

 

Yesterday, Kyuhyun was bugging you to go out with him since both of you were locked up inside the house for days already. When the news of Jaehyun finally locked up on jail, Kyuhyun was so excited that he immediately planned what he wants to do with you.

 

All of Kyuhyun’s plans were shoved away as you denied his every request of going out with you.

 

“Should I cancel the dinner that I reserved at our favorite restaurant?” Kyuhyun asked solemnly.

 

Your heart broke into gazillion pieces as he said that. You don’t want to disappoint him but you’re not really feeling fine. Your head hurts and your body feels dead tired though you didn’t do anything.

 

“I’m so sorry Kyu. I didn’t know that you did that.” You sadly replied.

 

Kyuhyun immediately responded by kissing you. “Don’t worry about that. We can reschedule that dinner date anytime we want.” He replied.

 

You finally felt relieved that it can be rescheduled. Since both of you doesn’t have much things to do, you decided to watch your favorite movies with Kyuhyun. On the other hand, Kyuhyun didn’t protest when he learned that you’re going to watch all the Nicholas Sparks novels and all the chick flicks that you love.

 

He was patiently watching beside you and sometimes, you’ll see him yawn but still he didn’t left. Your love for him grew by that action of his. You expect him to go play with his laptop but he didn’t. You never expect him to be such a sweet guy since you saw all of his flaws and boyish side ever since.

 

By the third movie, The Lucky One, you glanced up at Kyuhyun and you found him sound asleep. You smiled at yourself and thanked God that of all the men in the world, he gave you Cho Kyuhyun, your best friend and your first love as your boyfriend.

 

 

“Since you’re feeling tired, let me help you with that.” Kyuhyun said and before you could protest, he already snatched the spatula on your hand. “Just sit there first. I’ll finish everything.” He added as he motioned for you to sit at the stool.

 

You followed him and sat at the bar stool. You watched Kyuhyun move around the kitchen with such swift moves. Kyuhyun is not a good cook and you know that. But with what you’re witnessing right now, you’re wondering when did he learn how to cook.

 

“Bacons? I thought you’re not a huge fan of bacons?” Kyuhyun asked as he picked up the meat and looked back at you.

 

You shrugged. “I just want to try it. It was my Dad’s favorite and I’m just curious about its taste.” You replied and earned a chuckle from Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun continued cooking and you continued watching him in awe. When he’s done, he placed everything on the kitchen island. You immediately smiled when you saw that he prepared kimchi rice that you love.

 

“Let’s eat now shall we?” Kyuhyun offered and you giggled in reply.

 

Kyuhyun sat across you. You saw the kimchi rice and you’re about to get the bowl when suddenly, the smell of the bacons entered your nostrils and your stomach grumbled again. So, instead of going for the kimchi rice, you grabbed the plate for bacons and filled your plate with strips of it. Kyuhyun was intently watching you as you fill your plate with bacons.

 

Your first bite of the bacon sent you to heaven so you bite another and another and another until you finished all the bacons that Kyuhyun cooked.

 

Kyuhyun just shook his head and smiled at you. “How about the kimchi rice?” He asked and eyed you as he munches on his pancakes.

 

“Hmmm…” you hummed, “do we have mangoes or lemons left?” you suddenly asked. You’re not a fan of fruits at all. You only love apple and tangerines and you sincerely hate sour fruits. Looking for those two fruits made Kyuhyun shoot his brows upward.

 

“Green Mangoes? Tamarinds?” Kyuhyun repeated and you nodded. “I… I’m just curious on how sour they are.” You replied sheepishly and then without hesitation, Kyuhyun stood up and checked if there are still mangoes and tamarinds.

 

Kyuhyun went back bringing mangoes and you clapped excitedly as you saw the green fruit being laid in front of you. “We don’t have tamarinds because you sincerely resent sour stuffs.” Kyuhyun said and went back to eating his breakfast.

 

Kyuhyun finally finished his pancakes and you’re still devouring the mangoes that Kyuhyun gave to you. He watches you happily as you do sour faces whenever you take a bite of the sour fruit that you requested.

 

When you’re finished, Kyuhyun insisted on doing the plates since you complained that you’re too tired to even get up from your seat. You lay down lazily on the couch and watch different shows that would entertain you but there’s nothing worthy of your time.

 

Your phone beeped and saw a text from Sena.

 

“Hello _____! I miss you so much! Can we meet today?”

 

You smiled at her message but sighed when you read the last part of her message. Your feeling extremely tired today that you don’t want to get up and Sena, your new friend, is asking if you guys could meet.

 

Kyuhyun appeared fully dressed. “I’m going out to meet some friend from College. You want to come with me?” Kyuhyun asked as he sat beside you.

 

“You’re leaving?” You pouted. Kyuhyun chuckled at your reaction and couldn’t help but to kiss your lips.

 

“I’ll be back immediately. He just needs some man to man talk.” Kyuhyun explained as he your bangs.

 

“Ok. Can I invite Sena here? She wanted to meet me but, I’m… tired.” You said and your pout went deeper.

 

“Sure. Just call me when you need something.” Kyuhyun said and kissed you for the last time before leaving.

 

You told Sena that you’re not feeling well and that if she wants, she could come over so that both of you can talk longer. She agreed and told you that she’ll be there soon.

 

The doorbell rang and it was Sena.

 

“____!!!! I miss you so much!” Sena greeted as soon as you opened the door.

 

Both of you chatted for a while and you informed Sena about Jaehyun and she felt relieved that she’s now safe on the hands of the police.

 

“I brought some almonds for you since it’s your favorite.” Sena said and unpacked the small bag that she brought with her. She unloaded the stuffs inside the bag to look for the almonds.

 

Your eyes sparkled as you saw the box of tamarind. You immediately took the box and smiled widely. It’s like it was your first time seeing such thing.

 

“I thought you hate sour stuffs?” Sena asked as she eyed you suspiciously.

 

You slightly laughed. “I was craving for tamarinds earlier. I’m just curious on how sour they are.” You explained and started to open the box.

 

Sena snatched box from you. “Tell me ____,” she said and looked at you with determination “are you pregnant?”

 

You looked at Sena like she just said that she’s in love with Kyuhyun. You wondered on where she got that conclusion.

“Sena-yah, I’m not pregnant. I’m just really curious.” You replied and tried to get the tamarinds again but Sena refused.

 

“Tell me, when was your last period.” Sena asked seriously without looking away from you.

 

You nervously laughed. “Hey! That has nothing to do with you. You’re scaring me Sena. Stop whatever you’re trying to think or say.”

 

Sena shook his head. “I see myself in you when I’m one week pregnant. Feeling all tired, wanted to eat something sour and pale. You’re pale right now ____. I hope you’re aware of that.” Sena said and passed you the box of tamarind.