Chapter 11

It's Me

Kyuhyun held your hand and squeezed it but making sure that you won’t get hurt from the squeeze. You froze when he did it.

“Yah, something bothering you?” You asked again trying to dig in for more of what’s eating him right now.

“I’m sorry.” Kyuhyun mumbled and held your hand tighter.

“Sorry for making me eat those delicious Japanese foods?” you asked back wondering why on Earth is he saying sorry.

He didn’t replied, instead he looked down. Staring at the floor while holding your hand and rubbing your knuckles.

“UGH! Cho Kyuhyun you are so irritating! Why won’t you tell me what’s bothering you?” You exploded. You can’t take it anymore. He became silent. He became what he’s not. You’re digging for more and he shut his mouth and that made you irritated.

Kyuhyun gave you a helpless look and he’s about to cry.

Seeing your husband and best friend as torn as this makes you uneasy. The last time you saw him like this is when he broke up with the girl he’s trying to get back again for the nth time already.

“Is this about… Ummmm…” You weren’t about to finish your question because you’re dead nervous. Your nerves won’t calm down and you can’t even say her name because you might hurt him more by saying her name.

“It’s not about her in case you’re going to ask if she’s the reason why I’m like this. We’re here in Jeju for our honeymoon please forget about her first.” Kyuhyun blurted out finally speaking.

Hearing him say something long and meaningful makes your nerves to calm. Thank you for speaking.

 

Both of you were silent for minutes. You weren’t able to bring another question up because his words made sense to you especially the “We’re here in Jeju for our honeymoon...”

What happened earlier before you got hospitalized replayed in your mind. Kyuhyun singing the song that made you a good best friend of him and you eating those mouth-watering foods made you smile again.

“Kyuhyun-ah, thank you.” You blurted out and this time, you’re the one who squeezed his hand. “Thank you for reminding me that I have a best friend and… Happy Friend-Anniversary to you.” You added and gave him a bright smile.

“You’re still feeling happy?” Kyuhyun blinks at you.

You nodded. “I’m happy because you’re my best friend. I’m happy because you made me eat those delicious foods and took care of me when I collapsed.” You smiled again. The usual smile you always wear before you get into this married life with him.

There was a knock and the nurse came in. The nurse is pretty. She’s wearing her sleek white uniform and there’s a pink color on her cheeks.

“Hello Mrs. Cho. Good to see that you’re awake now. Time for check-up.” The nurse announced and you blushed when she addressed you ‘Mrs. Cho’.

Kyuhyun let go of your hand and for some reason, you feel a pang of disappointment when he stood up and let the nurse assist you.

“Disappointed that I stood up?” Kyuhyun teased when he saw you pouting.

You rolled your eyes over him and turned your attention to the nurse standing beside you, blushing too.

“Hello.” You greeted her trying to remind her that she’s here to check you not your husband-best friend.

“Hi Mrs. Cho. The resident doctor will be here in a while so for the mean time I’ll check your BP first.” The nurse greeted back and now she’s doing her job.

Kyuhyun is sitting on the sofa feeling relaxed as ever. He looked like he aged thrice earlier when you’re inside the ER.

Another knock on the door and you assumed that it’s the doctor. The door flew open and a man with a stet around his neck came in.

Kyuhyun stood up and walked towards your bedside. He held your hand with the IV. His sudden skinship made you feel like a total candidate for Ms. Tomato 2013. You bet that you and your nurse have the same color on your face now. She can be a candidate for Ms. Tomato 2013 too.

“I’m Dr. Lee the resident doctor here.” The doctor greeted and gave us a gummy smile.

A doctor with a gummy smile. Ok that’s kinda… cute?

He started flipping papers in his folder and writes something. He also checked your IV and adjusted it. The doctor is doing what he should do while Kyuhyun is brushing your knuckles making sure that you’re safe beside him. For some reason, you felt weird.

Why is he doing this? A floor show eh?

Dr. Lee closed the folder and smiled at you, his gum showing.

“You have to rest more and by tomorrow morning, you’ll be able to go home… Mrs. Cho.” Dr. Lee announced and that made you smile at him for the first time since he entered your room.

“A good news for the both of us.” Kyuhyun said and kissed your knuckled that he’s been rubbing with his thumb.

EEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!! Now that’s really a floor show. Damn you Cho Kyuhyun!

The nurse gaped at you and blushed madly mirroring yours.

“Good night Mr. and Mrs. Cho.” With that, Dr. Lee and the nurse exited the room.

“What the hell was that?!!!” You exploded the moment they shut the door.

“What?” Kyuhyun asked back as if nothing happened.

“Don’t you WHAT me Cho Kyuhyun! Remember, we’re here for a mission not for a…” You stopped and sighed. Remembering the words he said earlier made you stop. “We signed an agreement.” You finished looking away from him.

Kyuhyun chuckled on your sudden outburst of emotion.


another update~ o/