Chapter 20

It's Me

“Jaehyun-ah~ Jaehyun-ah~~~~” Kyuhyun kept on murmuring Jaehyun’s name to your ear.

“Kyuhyun-ah…. I… I’m not… Jaehyun…” You replied, trying not to choke from your own tears.

Kyuhyun broke the hug and looked at you. “AH! Right! The name of my wife is _____ not Jaehyun~~~” Kyuhyun corrected himself and let out a drunken chuckle.

IT’S. NOT. FUNNY.

“You’re drunk. Let me take you to bed.” You’re so hopeless. You know that he is not on his right mind.

 

With all of your might, you carried him from the doorway to the bed.

“Why did you drink too much? Our flight is 8 a.m. I hope you’re aware of that.” You reminded him if ever he forgot.

“Hmmm… I’m aware of that.” Kyuhyun replied.

He’s still on his right mind. Maybe I can ask him some questions…?

 

Both of you arrived at the bedroom and you slowly laid him down. The whole bed moved as he collided with the soft bed.

If he didn’t move, I’ll continue my business with his laptop. But if he moved…

Surprisingly, Kyuhyun moved and mumbled something.

DAMN!!!

 

“Jaehyun said that she wants to marry me…” Kyuhyun spoke, loud and clear but the rest of his sentence are mumbled so you didn't hear them well.

WHAT?!!!

You just stared at him, waiting if he’ll continue to talk.

“But I’m not yet ready to marry her. I just want to be with her but not to marry her immediately.” Kyuhyun continued.

WHAT?!!!!!!!!

“So, how about we should start the plan? Or re-do the plan when we got back to your house.” You offered, feeling a bit in pain too.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes flew open and he sits upright. “Revise? Re-do? Plan?” Kyuhyun repeated what you have said.

“I don’t know how to start again.” Kyuhyun replied.

Kyuhyun suddenly teared up. “She doesn’t want to be with me anymore.” Kyuhyun cried.

You were so shock on what he said. You thought that everything was fine between the two of them.

“WHAT?!” Finally, you’re able to say the word that’s been hiding in your thoughts.

 

Kyuhyun kept on giving away hurtful cries. This was not the second time nor the third time you saw him as broke as this. Though the last time was during college and he was not drunk back then. He was rejected for the nth time again by the same woman too.

“What happened?” You sat at the floor so you could get a view of his wet face because of tears.

Kyuhyun sniffed. “We were drinking. I asked her if she wants to continue our relationship again but she said that… she’s engaged.” Kyuhyun is in serious pain.

THAT !!!!

“Why aren’t you aware of it? When did she get engaged?” You asked again to a crying Kyuhyun.

“I don’t know. Maybe I’m just too excited to see her that’s why I didn’t realize that there’s a diamond ring around her finger.” Kyuhyun explained between his sobs.

“_____-ah… It’s too painful.” Kyuhyun confessed as his face turned into a total ball of mess. He keeps on pulling his brown curly hair.

 

You've seen this kind of scene many times and you already know how to handle a broke Cho Kyuhyun.

 

“Stop.” You said as you hold his hand that he used to pull his hair.

You tightened the grip on the laptop and you immediately realized that you’ve been holding his laptop for a long time.

“I’ll show you something.” You said as you stood up and sat beside him on the bed.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyebrows were furrowed, maybe wondering on why you’re holding his laptop or maybe what you’re up to.

You fired up his laptop again and you looked at him. “You’ll be shocked to this one.” You said trying to erase his pain away.

You’re the one who listened to his heartaches and you’re the one who makes him happy again after the pain. You’ve always been beside him whenever he needs you and he’s very grateful to have you as his best friend. Kyuhyun confessed that one to you long time ago.

 

With trembling fingers, you opened the folder inside the C.D. “Ready?” You asked Kyuhyun before clicking it. He nodded in response.

AISH! Why so silent and sad Cho? Cheer up!!

You double clicked the folder and your photos appeared. You clicked the first one and it popped out.

“TADA!!!” You proudly said as you smile in front of him. “I am a model now Cho. Before I… uhm. Never mind. I’m a model now! Can you believe it?!” You asked beaming in front of a man who just got rejected.

“Maybe the agency has some eye problems.” Kyuhyun commented sharply.

You sighed inwardly in relief. My Cho is back.

“EH?! Why do you think so? They’re the one who approached me.” You replied not wanting to lose.

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Stop dreaming. Maybe they’re just forced to choose you. Besides…” Kyuhyun examined your body and his eyes fell on your chest. “You don’t have much of that.” He said as he mouthed your s.

“ERTT!!!!!!!!!” You screamed as you covered your chest with your hands and hit him after you covered your chest.

You kept on hitting Kyuhyun’s arm and expressing how much you’re hurt on what he said.

“Even Jaehyun doesn’t have much!” The words slipped again.

Uh-oh!!! !!! WHY!!!

Kyuhyun froze on what you said then he chuckled. He grabbed his laptop from you and continued browsing your pictures.

“I’m… sorry…” You honestly confessed.

“I don’t know what you’re sorry for. Mentioning her or insulting her?” Kyuhyun fired back while busying himself with your pictures.

“Both.” You mumbled.

Kyuhyun chuckled. “You’re so honest _____-ah.” He commented.

“So you are!” You replied. You’re planning to stand up and take a shower first before going to sleep but…

 

“You’re prettier than her.” Kyuhyun spoke.

Your world stopped again. Your blood stopped from flowing.

Kyuhyun looked at you. Brown eyes to black eyes. “Always remember that.” Kyuhyun added before shifting his gaze to your now dry lips.

Kyuhyun leaned forward and he closed his eyes.

!!!!!!

Without any hesitation, you close your eyes and within less than a second, your lips met Kyuhyun’s.


cheer up dear readers. :) ♥